Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-16-2014, 12:35 PM   #51
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sat May 3, 2014
Daejeon (4-5-3, 6th) vs Gwangju (9-1-2, 1st)
First time we met this season was a 3-1 stunner in our favor on the road. I sure could use another result like that right about now. Stick with the 4-1-3-2 since we played them with a 4-4-2 previously.

Lee Kook-Ho plays it long to Lee Dong-Hyun in space,long range 15' ... 1-0
Kim Jong-Gook runs the flank, keeper comes out, bad idea 19' ... 2-0
Knew they wouldn't stay quiet, Paulista gets his 10th of the year 22' 2-1
Nifty unselfish passing sets up Lee Kook-Ho right in front 32' ... 3-1
Gwangju yellow card 36'
Gwangju yellow card 50'
Lee Kook-Ho alone on a breakaway ... keeper stays back and saves 51'
Gwangju corner kick gives them a header right in front ... 3-2
Gwangju yellow card 61'
Gwangju yellow card 69'
Gwangju yellow card 73' ... second knock suffered by Lee Dong-Hyun
Lee Kook-Ho in space, with time ... misses badly wide 74'
Sub out Lee Dong-Hyun, he's hobbling 75'
Gwangju yellow card 85'
Kim Seong-Min yellow card 90+4'

Full time: Daejeon 3 - Gwangju 2

We survived over six minutes of injury time, turtled just long enough to pull off the upset and our fifth straight match unbeaten. Gwangju certainly got frustrated -- as 6 yellow cards suggests -- as we put 7/11 shots on target to their 2/13. 16 y/o defender Won Jin-Ho made his debut as a 89th minute substitute, illustrating not so much his talent but rather how thin injuries have left us on the left side of our defense.

Good:
MC Kim Jong-Gook 1g/8.4/PotM, ST Lee Kook-Ho 1g/1a/7.8, ST Lee Dong-Hyun 1g/7.1

Bad:
DR Kim Han-Sup 6.5, DC Park Tae-Su 6.5

JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #52
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sun May 4, 2014
Talented DC/DMC Kim Young-Bin wants to see me. Says he thinks he may have to move on to achieve his goals. I assure him that I intend to bring in talent to help him achieve those goals as soon as I can, which seems to satisfy him at least for now.

The key phrase there is "as soon as I can" since I can't do anything until a) the transfer window opens up in July, and b) only if I can move some players on in order to free up salary

The win over Gwangju moves us up into 5th place and within 3 points of third place. It also marks a break in the K-Challenge schedule as the FA Cup begins for most of our clubs this week. We'll host Daegu in a 3rd round match on Wednesday likely needing a win to meet the board's goals for the competition.

Our Reserves played a friendly at Cheongju Jikji Reserves, winning 1-0 on a 32' goal by AMC Jang Soo-Min.

DC Yoon Weon-II has returned to training after missing 3 weeks with a twisted knee. Hopefully we can get him match fit sooner rather than later.

-----------

Monday May 5, 2014

Our U18s played a friendly at Mustang FC, rolling to a 5-0, scoring all those in the first 57 minutes. 16 y/o striker Cho Chul-Min was the standout with 2 goals, 1 assist and a 9.4 rating

----------

Tues May 6, 2014

We get a report on the 6 players that we currently have out on loan. Of them only two have seen first team action this year. DC Lee Ho has made 14 appearances for Police with a 6.79 average rating. 27 y/o AMC Yoon Jun-Ha has played in one match with a 6.40.

Well hello, got to love the morning paper. The South Korean Soccer Express has declared that a bad result in tomorrow's match against Daegu could seal my fate with the club.

Now according to the internal reports the board "is satisfied" although my job security is just 49%. Now under "Job Status" I'm still at 100% since it would cost a considerable sum to fire me with so much remaining on my contract.

So either the tabloid is trying to stir up stuff OR things are far worse than any internal indicators would suggest. Either way, all I can do is roll 'em out there and try to win the next match. I mean, what else am I going to do regardless of the situation?
Old 07-16-2014, 02:58 PM   #53
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sat May 3, 2014
FA Cup 3rd Round
Daejeon (5th K-Challenge) vs Daegu (8th K-Challenge)

Our only regular season matchup was decided in added time on the final goal of a hat trick by Kim Seong-Min. Stick with the 4-1-3-2 since we played well with it against them previously and have done well with it of late.

Kim Seong-Min on a breakaway, shoots from distance, misses by inches 7'
Alex Araujo has room to operate, Kim Sun-Kyu tips it wide 16'
Alex Araujo has plenty of space again, doesn't miss this time 21' 0-1
(How on EARTH do we leave him THAT wide open?)
Lee Kook-Ho with a great chance ... turned round the post 38'
Nobody can manage solid possession but Lee Kook-Ho taps the ball to Kim Seong-Min in the middle, he spins & fires ... GOAL ! 49' 1-1
4th goal of the year for him, all against Daegu
Daegu yellow card 55'
Lee Kook-Ho has a half chance but the shot is blocked 57'
Kim Sun-Kyu makes a diving fingertip save 75'
Lee Kook-Ho with his back to the goal makes a one touch pass to Kim Seong-Min who fires it into the net ... but a late flag claims he's offside 78'
Park Tae-Su is point blank from a corner ... and hits the keeper with it 83'
Kim Seong-Min has a go ... saved and cleared 85'
End of Regulation 90' Now it's extra time
Kim Han-Sup turns the ball over in our half with a bad throw, they make us pay ... 101' (1-2)
Jeong Seok-Min plays a short pass to Kim Seong-Min at the point ...finds himself with space ... GOAL !!! 103' (2-2)
Incredibly we lost track of Cho Hyung-Ik for the second time, again he makes us pay 111' (2-3)

Full time: Daegu 3 - Daejeon 2 (Extra Time)

Well damn. Tired players couldn't handle their backup striker and we're one & done. Then again it was sub Yoon Weon-II that was marking him on the winning goal & while only just back from injury he wasn't tired when he blew the assignment. We had our chances, 22 freakin' shots but only 6 on target.

Good:
ST Kim Seong-Min 2g 8.8, MC Jeong Seok-Min 1a 7.9, Kim Jong-Gook 7.2

Bad:
Yoon Weon-II 6.0, Lee Jung-Youl 6.3

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-16-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #54
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wed May 7, 2014 (con't)
I somehow get through the press conference. A distraught Yoon Weon-II has already spoken to the media, vowing to bounce back from his terrible costly mistake.

While the team tries to bounce back they'll be doing it without Kim Sung-Soo in training for a couple of weeks. A gashed leg caused by a robust challenge
will have him sidelined.

-----------

Thu May 8, 2014

It's now 34 days until our next match. Wow. Just ... wow.

Tue May 13, 2014
Yoon Weon-II has discovered (apparently) that I've sent inquiries to overseas clubs making them aware of his availability. He's none to happy, wants to stay ... I finally end up suggesting we leave the discussion 'til a later date (not like anybody is interested in his overpaid ass anyway)

---------------

Thu May 15, 2014

DC Lee Jung-Youl owes me a carton of smokes or something.

He has agreed to terms with Zwolle of Holland's Eredivisie at a salary of $12,000/wk. (He was making $2,000/wk here)

We will receive a $21,000 transfer fee, minus 4.5% to Soongsil Univ and 0.5% to Seoul. The transfer will go through on June 1, 2014

Meeting with him after the deal I thank him for his service to the club & let him know he's welcome to return. That's pretty much true, left as our only healthy DL for several weeks he fought through fatigue and made 10 total appearances (9 starts) with a 6.82 average rating, 1 goal and 2 assists.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:56 PM   #55
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sat May 17, 2014
Our U18s played a Group match against Youngsaeng HS this afternoon, drawing 0-0. Our Chungnam MT High School squad is now 0-5-1 for the season, sitting 12th among 17 teams.

DL Park Sun-Jook has resumed full training after missing a month with a fractured arm.

Reserve MR Kim Bung-Suk, on loan to Police, strained knee ligaments in training and will be out for 2 months.

-------------

Sun May 18, 2014

Our second deal of the quiet period is now complete.

We have sold on DC Kim Young-Bin (who wanted a bigger club if you recall) for a fee of $110,000, less solidarity contributions ot Suwon Tech HS, Korea Univ and Incheon.

Like Lee Jung-Youl before him, the pay increase from Sampdoria of Serie A will be quite substantial: from the $525/wk here to $11,750/wk there.

The deal will go through on July 1st.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-16-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:32 AM   #56
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sat May 24, 2014
A friendly for our first team as it's almost time to get back to work for real. But this isn't just any friendly, we're hosting K-Classic side and rival Incheon. Let's play well boys.

Lee Kook-Ho hustles onto a pass in space and delivers 16' 1-0
Lee Kook-Ho gets fed at the point and fires 19' 2-0
Ahn Young-Gyu finishes off a nice corner set up 56' 3-0
The break the shutout with a header from a corner 90' 3-1
Full Time: Daejeon 3 - Incheon 1

I don't care what players they put out, it's Incheon dammit, and you play to win. Good chance to see trialist DL Jeroen Drost (7.2) and trialist AMC/ST Kim Hyo-Ki (6.5, out of position at ML) play with the regulars.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:33 AM   #57
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Tue May 27, 2014
Our Reserves played a friendly at Ulsan HMD Reserves, winning 1-0. Trialist Kim Hyo-Ki assisted on Kim Kang-Hyun's goal at 69'.

Reserve MC Lee Bo-Hwi will miss 3-4 weeks with a pulled hamstring suffered during the match. He had only recently returned from an ankle injury that kept him out for 5 weeks.

------------

Sat May 31, 2014
A World Cup warmup match saw Italy score at 90'+3' to claim a 3-2 friendly win over South Korea at Renato Dall'Ara.

Sun June 1, 2014
The transfer of Lee Jung-Youl to Zwolle is completed for a fee of $21,000.

The board is currently satisfied with my coaching of the team. The addition of Kim Seong-Min is a high point for the fans. The low point, believe it or not, is that we've kept DL Park Sun-Joo with the club on loan. (Umm, people, we're paying $0 for him. Hush)

Interestingly I expected to get about 70% of the sale fee returned to me as a transfer budget but instead I've got over $80k available. All I can figure (and the numbers are close to matching up) is that the board has authorized the funds that will come in next month when our other pending sale is complete.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #58
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sun June 1, 2014 (con't)
One more first squad friendly, at home against our historic rival Suwon. Mix and match lineup, starting four trialists along with players who aren't match fit.
Ten days away from the resumption of K-Challenge play, gotta get ready.

In case you're wondering about the logic behind the opponents for these two friendlies ... today's attendance is larger than any we've had for an actual league match all season.

Scoreless first half, Suwon breaks through at 57' 0-1
Full Time: Suwon 1 - Daejeon 0

They may just be better than us. We had 12 shots to their 10 but we put 0 on target to their 4. We were ineffective in the air and that was probably the difference. I tell the team we were just unlucky today, no sense wrecking their mood over a friendly.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:26 AM   #59
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mon Jun 2, 2014
The SK Soccer Express was kind to us, saying that we looked very impressive despite the unlucky 1-0 defeat.

Wed June 5, 2014
Our Reserves (including several trialists) beat PSCS Reserves 3-2 in a friendly.

Switzerland enjoyed a comfortable 3-1 win over South Korean in a World Cup warmup friendly.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:36 PM   #60
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wed Jun 11, 2014 (morning)

Upon advice from staff, we've reached mutual termination agreement with 22 y/o midfielder Kim Yun-Jae. $12,000 buyout but that's cheaper than paying him $275/wk to sit in the reserves for another year & a half.

Same deal for DC/MC Seo Seung-Hun, same prices.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #61
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wed June 11, 2014
Daejeon (5-5-3, 5th) vs Gangwon (3-5-5, 7th)
A 1-1 draw in our first meeting away. We'll come back to action after a month with the 4-4-2, at least to start.

Lee Dong-Hyun on a breakaway counter ... GOAL ! 16' 1-0
Park Sun-Joo yellow card 17'
Hwang Jin-San cross to Lee Kook-Ho in front 18' 2-0
Kim Jong-Gook cross to Lee Dong-Hyun in front 53' 3-0
Hwang Jin-San yellow card 88'

Full time: Daejeon 3 - Gangwon 0

Nicely done. 10/7 shot advantage, 6/1 on target edge which was the difference. Better crossing than usual for us, better tackling too.

Good:
ST Lee Dong-Hyun 2g/8.8/PotM, MR Hwang Jin-San 1a/8.1, DR Kim Han-Sup 1a/ 7.9
Bad:
No starter afield less than 7.0
Old 07-17-2014, 02:43 PM   #62
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wed June 11, 2014 (con't)

Ouch. In the wake of our match, Gangwon has fired head coach Arthur Bernardes who had only been on board since December 2013 (i.e. just a few days past 6 months).

----------

Thu Jun 12, 2014
We have reached mutual termination agreement with reserve MC Hang Sang-Hyuk. $12k to leave, saves us about 6 months salary ($275/wk) over the remaining life of his contract.

Our Reserves annihilated Gimhae Reserves 5-0 in a friendly. Trialist ST Ivan Markovic scored twice, trialist Kim Hyo-Ki scored twice, two other trialists had assists.

Speaking of trialists, DL Jeroen Drost could be a useful addition to the roster but not at more than triple (asking $5,600/wk + $800 p.a. bonus) what I'd be willing to pay (maybe $1,800). Not going to happen
Old 07-17-2014, 03:38 PM   #63
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sun June 15, 2014
Daejeon (6-5-3, 4th) vs Police (6-4-4, 6th)
We were beaten down 4-0 on the road in our first meeting. We'll go 4-1-3-2 Counter to start. Backup GK will get the start as well.

Quiet 1st half, we want to counter but each team has just 4 shots so far 45'
Police with a clear chance, missed wide right 72'
Corner lofted in front, Kim Jong-Soo with a header ... hit the bar 83'
One last chance but were offside 90'+3'

Full time: Daejeon 0 - Police 0

The staff is disappointed, I'm relieved that we got something other than the previous drubbing. 8 shots each, 50/50 possession, 1% difference in pass completion, just about as even as you could get I think.

Good:
DC Rim Chang-Woo 7.2, GK Kim Se-Joon 6.8
Bad:
ST Lee Kook-Ho 6.4, ST Kim Seong-Min 6.5, DR Kim Han-Sup 6.5
Old 07-17-2014, 03:49 PM   #64
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mon Jun 16, 2014
Fans are said to be "devastated" by the draw. Umm, we're on a 7 match unbeaten run here folks, pour yourselves a cuppa reality why don't ya?

Our Reserves played friendly at Bucheon 1995 Reserves, winning 3-0.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:59 PM   #65
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wed June 18, 2014 (morning)
Former Chunam head coach (2010-2012) Jung Hae-Sung has been appointed as the new head coach at Gangwon

Closer to home we announce the biggest signing of my tenure:
31 y/o Columbian Jaime Castrillon, a versatile MC who can actually play about 10 different positions, has joined Daejeon.

Arduous negotiations that finally reached a virtual take-it-or-leave-it point with his agent led to a $3,000/wk + $300 p.a. bonus with multiple clauses for minimum fee release, sell-on percentage, etc. He is our first foreign player of my tenure.

Also signing is 27 y/o striker Kim Hyo-Ki. $1,100/wk + 160 p.a. with various small bonuses attached.

Both transfers will take affect July 1, 2014
Old 07-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #66
StLee
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Mon Jun 16, 2014
Fans are said to be "devastated" by the draw. Umm, we're on a 7 match unbeaten run here folks, pour yourselves a cuppa reality why don't ya?

Our Reserves played friendly at Bucheon 1995 Reserves, winning 3-0.

When the Korea national team returned from their early World Cup exit, they were peppered with hard candies called Yeot (eo=aw sound) and told, "Yeot meogeo," which literally translates to "Eat Yeot," which really means, "Go **** yourselves." Korean fans can be unforgiving towards failure.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:48 PM   #67
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wed June 18, 2014
Daejeon (6-6-3, 4th) vs Buecheon 1995 (1-2-12, 10th)
We won 2-0 on the road in our first meeting, getting a pair from Lee Dong-Hyun. We'll go 4-2-2 Standard to start, as we open up the second 1/3rd of the season.

An ugly 1st half, 10 shots to their 2 but 0 on target for either side 45'
Not much better in the 2nd half 90'+3'

Full time: Daejeon 0 - Bucheon 0

Outshot them 11-3 for the match but only 1-1 in the final 45 minutes. Between the two sides only one shot on target all night. It's my turn to be loud in the clubhouse after a match.

Good:
DR Kim Han-Sup 6.8, DC Park Tae-Su 6.8
Bad:
ST Seo Myung-Won 6.3, ST Lee Dong-Hyun 6.5, ML Kim Pyung-Jin 6.5
Old 07-17-2014, 06:49 PM   #68
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLee View Post
When the Korea national team returned from their early World Cup exit, they were peppered with hard candies called Yeot (eo=aw sound) and told, "Yeot meogeo," which literally translates to "Eat Yeot," which really means, "Go **** yourselves." Korean fans can be unforgiving towards failure.

After the match I just posted I may have a few cases of Yeot delivered to my office.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #69
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wed June 18,2014

So wrapped up in my own world that I've completely failed to mention that the World Cup got underway a few days ago.

Day 1 was Fri June 13
Costa Rica 2 - Brazil 0 (both Alves and Sandro sent off at 87')
Denamrk 2 - Ukraine 0

Day 2 was Sat June 14
England 4 - Australia 0 (4 players with a goal apiece)
Uruguay 1 - Algeria 0
Iran 2 - Russia 1 (2 goals in 5 minutes 23' - 28' for Iran who holds on)

Day 3 was Sun June 15
Ghana 4 - Colombia 3 (Boakye 80' min for the winner)
Chile 1 - Japan 1 (Japan at 2', Chile at 86')
Italy 1 - France 0 (Balotelli pen 90'+1)

Day 4 was Mon June 16
Peru 2 - Trin & Tob 0
Spain 1 - Switzerland 0
Portugal 1 - Mexico 0 (Moutinho 82')

Day 5 was Tue June 17
Cameroon 0 - Argentina 0
Belgium 1 - USA 0 (Hazard 7')
Germany 2 - Ivory Coast 2 (Toure levels at 90'+1)

Day 6 was today Wed June 18
Ukraine 2 - Costa Rica 0
Holland 2 - South Africa 1 (SA scored first at 22', Holland twice before half)
Greece 3 - South Korea 1 (Greece two goals in final 15 mins to win)
Old 07-17-2014, 07:06 PM   #70
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thu June 19, 2014

Our Reserves played a friendly at Anyang Reserves winning 4-0. 3 of the 4 goals came from trialists.

At the World Cup
Brazil 2 - Denmark 0 (Gustavo and Leiva sent off at 85' and 86')
Uruguay 2 - England 1 (England vs Algeria winner likely goes through)
Algeria 1 - Australia 0
Old 07-17-2014, 10:56 PM   #71
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Fri June 20, 2014
At the World Cup
Columbia 2 - Iran 1
Ghana 1 - Russia 1
Chile 3 - France 0

------------

Sat June 21, 2014
At the World Cup
Italy 2 - Japan 0
Switzerland 3 - Trin & Tob 0
Spain 4 - Peru 1

I don't normally take too much notice of other results around K-Challenge but Saturday's matches definitely had an exception as Suwon beat Police FC 7-4.
27 shots combined, 16 on target combined, 11 of those went in. In a 33 minute span Suwon's Ha Jung-Hun scored 4 goal, Police got a hat trick from Im Sang-Hyub in a losing effort. Crazy stuff
Old 07-18-2014, 12:41 AM   #72
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sun June 22, 2014
Daejeon (6-7-3, 4th) vs Goyang (10-2-4, 3rd)
We lost to them 1-0 on a 78' goal in our first meeting. We'll switch up and start 4-1-3-2 Standard tonight. Not sure how long I can be patient, we've now gone 217 minutes without a goal. Oh yeah, it's also "Fan Day" with nearly 15,000 in the stands instead of our usual 11,000 or so. No pressure or anything though.

Goyang loses a starter to injury 9'
Goyang yellow card 19'
Lee Dong-Hyun plays a header up to Lee Kook-Ho ... GOAL ! 20' 1-0
Ji Kyeong-Deuk with a free kick from just outside the box 36' 2-0
His first goal since 2012
Lee Dong-Hyun with a brilliant curving floater from 30 yards out 70' 3-0
Seo Myung-Won fouled in the box 80' ... Lee Kook-Ho buries the PK 4-0

Full time: Daejeon 4 - Goyang 0

Where oh where is this sort of offense every time out? We outshot them 13-5, put 6 on target, despite having just 46% of possession and only so-so passing.

Good:
ST Lee Dong-Hyun 1g/2a/PotM/8.9, ST Lee Kook-Ho 2g 8.7, DL Park Sun-Joo 1a 8.6
Bad:
No starter in the field below 7.1

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-18-2014 at 12:43 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:05 AM   #73
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sun June 22, 2014 (con't)
At the World Cup
Mexico 1 - Argentina 0
Portugal 0 - Cameroon 0
Belgium 2 - Ivory Coast 2 (BEL scores at 85' for the lead, IVR knots it at 87')

------------------------

Mon June 23, 2014
Our Reserves played a friendly at Mokpo Reserves, winning 1-0. Nothing particularly notable beyond the 72' goal by Yoo Sung-Gi. Well, also MC Lee Kwang-Jin pulled a hamstring running down a ball and will be out 3-4 weeks.

At the World Cup
South Korea 3 - Holland 1 ... Goals at 32' and 47' for SK, Robben scored at 58' but captain Park Chu-Young put things away with a tap-in at 70'
USA 1 - Germany 0 ... Altidore's goal at 14' held up
Greece 3 - South Africa 0

Through 2 matches for all groups, only three teams - Spain, Italy, Uruguay - are assured of going through. South Korea is still very much alive in Group H where Greece 6/+5 is first, SK is second 3/+0, Holland is third 3/-1 and South Africa is fourth 0/-4. SK vs S. Africa will be played on Friday.

--------------

Tue June 24, 2014

At the World Cup
Group A
Denmark 2 - Costa Rica 0
Brazil 3 - Ukraine 1 ... hat trick for Neymar including the winner at 86' and the final nail at 87'

Brazil ends up winning the group on GD (+2) over Denmark (+1)

Group B
Algeria 1 - England 0
Uruguay 1 - Australia 0
Uruguay wins the group, Algeria goes through with the win
(a draw would have put England through instead)
Old 07-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #74
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wed June 25, 2014
Daejeon (7-7-3, 4th) vs Anyang (7-2-8, 7th)
We lost a televised match to them 2-1 in our previous meeting nearly three months ago. This is the final club that we're facing for a second time. We'll go 4-1-3-2 Standard to start tonight, I'd sure love to see back to back strong outings, especially with backup GK Kim Se-Joon in the net

Hwang Jin-San yellow card 20'
We lost contact with Querino and paid the price 37' 0-1
Kim Jong-Soo should have be on him there
Rim Chang-Woo corner to the near post ... Kim Jong-Soo is alone 1-1
Kim Seong-Min turns on a pass from Kim Tae-Yeon ... GOAL ! 2-1
borderline offside but no flag
Kim Sung-Soo at the point with a blast ... GOAL ! 3-1

Full time: Daejeon 3 - Anyang 1

Nice comeback, outshooting your opponent 16-3 certainly makes that sort of thing possible.

Good:
MC Kim Tae-Yon 1a/7.8/PotM,DC Kim Jong-Soo 1g/7.8,MC Kim Sung-Soo 1g/7.7
Bad:
ST Seo Myung-Won 6.3
Old 07-18-2014, 03:03 PM   #75
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wed June 25, 2014 (con't)
ST Lee Kook-Ho subbed on late and almost immediately suffered a gashed arm from a strong challenge. He'll miss 5-6 days for treatment.

At the World Cup

Group C
Iran 2 - Ghan 1 ... Abbasfard scores a pair for the win
Russia 3 - Colombia 0 ... one goal early, two goals late

Iran advances with 6 pts, Russia goes through on GD (+2 vs +0) over Ghana. Colombia finishes 4th with 3 points

Group D
Chile 2 - Italy 1 ... Balotelli at 15' was overcome by goals at 24' & 26'
France 2 - Japan 0 .. Benzema scored at 65' and 81'

Chile wins the group with 7 pts, Italy goes through with 6 pts
------------

Thu June 26, 2014

Hwang Jin-San has reached the limit with his 5th yellow card, he's suspended for one match

Our Reserves played a friendly at Incheon Railroad Reserves, winning 4-2. Trialist Ivan Markovic had two goals. The rest of the scoring came courtesy of own goals, two by each side. Markovic suffered a minor whiplash type injury after a scary looking fall, he's out about a week, which would be the remainder of his trial.

At the World Cup

Group E
Spain 3 - Trin & Tob 1
Switzerland 4 - Peru 0

Spain goes through unbeaten, the Swiss advance with 6 points (vs Peru was loser go home tilt)

Group F
Argentina 4 - Portugal 2
Cameroon 2 - Mexico 0

Cameroon wins the group with 5 points, Argentina goes through over Portugal on GD (+1 to -1)

---------------

Fri June 27, 2014

At the World Cup

Group G
Germany 0 - Belgium 0
Ivory Coast 4 - USA 2 ... Droga at 13' and 15', Toure at 17' put the USA in a deep hole, Donovan 53' and Beasley 87' tried to dig them out but Kalou at 90'+3 finished it

Ivory Coast 5 points wins the group on GD (+2 vs +1) over Belgium. US finishes with 3 points, disappointing Germany with just 2 points

Group H
Greece 2 - Holland 2 ... Dutch played a man down from 59'
South Korea 2 - South Africa 0

Greece wins the group with 7 points and South Korea goes through with 6 points. Holland is 3rd with 4, South Africa joins Trin & Tob and Australia with zero points.

--------------

Sat June 28, 2014

The second round of the World Cup is set, with matches starting today

Going through are:
7 European, 4 South America, 3 Africa, 2 Asia and 0 North America

Algeria vs Brazil
Chile vs Russia
Cameroon vs Switzerland
South Korea vs Ivory Coast
Denmark vs Uruguay
Iran vs Italy
Argentina vs Spain
Greece vs Belgium

The first two matches of the 2nd round were played
Brazil 1 - Algeria 0 ... Fred scored at 96' in extra time
Uruguay 2 - Denmark 0 ... a pair of first half goals were enough
Old 07-18-2014, 10:32 PM   #76
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sun June 29, 2014
Daejeon (8-7-3, 4th) vs Suwon (10-5-3, 2nd)
Third meeting between the clubs, first two were draws (2-2 and 3-3). If we steal a win here it would finally move us up a spot in the standings. With Gwangju at 44 pts (19g), Suwon 35 (18g), Goyang 33 (19g) and us 31 (18g) it's starting to look like several teams will be fighting for second place and a promotion playoff. I'd like to be one of those teams, this would help keep us in that pack. We'll stay 4-1-3-2 Standard to start tonight, having drawn with them using both of our primary formations previously.

Near disaster as we struggled to clear the box, finally booted it out 11'
4 passes leads to Kim Seong-Min shooting in the box ... GOAL ! 16' 1-0
Jeong Seok-Min on the fly out in front ... shot is wide by less than a foot 34'
A high tempo first half (our choice) has them tiring, they use 2 subs at half they're out now having used on for an injured forward earlier 45'
Three minutes added time 89'

Full time: Daejeon 1 - Suwon 0

Our defense was really the difference -- the DC's combined to win 17/22 contested balls in the air and had 24 interceptions between them. Pushing the tempo early against a side that came in more tired than us seemed to help in the long run as well. The staff wasn't nearly as impressed as I was so I tell the team it was a good win (well, I think that's what my handy interpreter said anyway)

Good:
DC Kim Jong-Soo 7.3/PotM, DR Kim Han-Sup 7.2, ST Kim Seong-Min 1g/7.1

Bad:
GK Kim Se-Joon 6.5
(yes, I failed to change back to our regular keeper but got away with it )
Old 07-18-2014, 11:10 PM   #77
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sun June 29, 2014 (con't)

Gotta love the press, here's the headline for the South Korean Soccer Express story after the match "Jury still out for Daejeon boss"

South Korean Soccer Daily headline reads "Daejeon maintain unbeaten record" in a story that highlights our 11 match league run without a loss.

At the World Cup
Russia 2 - Chile 1 ... gamewinner at 87', Chile was a man short from 57' on
Iran 3 - Italy 0 ... a stunner, PK at 5' and another goal at 17' set the tone, the capper came at 42'

-----------

Monday June 30, 2014

At the World Cup
Cameroon 0(4) - Switzerland 0(2) ... penalties decide a semi-finalist

Spain 4 - Argentina 2 ... Argentina up 1-0 at 28. Spain answers with goals at 35' and 38'. Garay goes a man down when Garay is sent off at 74 but level things on a Rojo goal at 78'. Spain then strikes quickly again with goals a 85' and 88'

------------

Tue July 1, 2014

The transfer window has re-opened for clubs in South Korea.

Leaving: D/DM Kim Young-Bin. $107k transfer fee to us (minus solidarity fees) from Sampadora of Italian Serie A

Entering: 31 y/o Colombian DM/MRC Castrillon.
Entering: 27 y/o Korean ST/AML Kim Hyo-Ki.

Also entering with terms reached early this morning:
23 y/o Serbian Striker Ivan Markovic, a promising young trialist who we believe has not yet reached his full potential. That could more than justify his $1,500/wk (plus numerous bonuses) salary.

At the World Cup

Belgium 2 - Greece 0 ... a goal at 27' held up, late goal at 90'+3 iced it
Ivory Coast 4 - South Korea 0 .. 8' goal by Bony then a 2nd half hat trick for Kalou

Quarterfinal matchups
Brazil vs Russia
Uruguay vs Iran
Spain vs Belgium
Cameroon vs Ivory Coast

World Cup action resumes on Friday
Old 07-19-2014, 12:54 AM   #78
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wed July 2, 2014
Daejeon (9-7-3, 3rd) at Daegu (9-2-8, 5th)
Third league meeting between the clubs, we won both the previous but they edged us most recently 3-2 in extra time in the FA Cup 3rd Round. Today would be a start on some payback for that. First time for Castrillon (now using just the nickname) and Kyo-Hi in the actual starting lineup, Markovic is still recovering from a minor injury & isn't dressed tonight. We also start 19 y/o DL Kim Yun-Soo who will make his official debut, trying to rest a tired Park Sun-Joo, at least a little bit. We'll go 4-4-2 Standard to start, having lost with the 4-1-3-2 most recently

Kim Sun-Kyu makes a tough diving save to keep things scoreless 1'
The left post makes a tough save to keep things scoreless 20'
Another big save by Kim Sun-Kyu 29'
Daegu yellow card 34'
Alex Araujo misses far wide for Daegu 38'
Daegu wastes an opportunity by shooting wide 51'
Kim Sun-Kyu times his jump perfectly and snares a lob shot 62'
Three minutes added time

Full time: Daejeon 0 - Daegu 0

Could have been a much worse outcome as we were outshot 19-5. They dominated in the air, we seemed sort of lost for a good bit of the match, maybe it was the integration of the new players, not sure really. Our goaltending was excellent as Kim Sun-Kyu extends his scoreless streak to 369 minutes without conceding. Young DL Kim Yun-Soo acquitted himself well in his professional debut, rating 6.7

Good:
GK Kim Sun-Kyu 7.2, DCR Rim Chang-Woo 7.2
Bad:
MR Kim Min-Joong 6.3, MC Kim Pyung-Jin 6.3, ST Lee Dong-Hyun 6.3

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-19-2014 at 12:56 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:10 AM   #79
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thu July 3, 2014

After countless attempts we finally make a deal and move 27 y/o DC Yoon Weon-II. At $4,800/wk he was by far the highest paid player on the roster I inherited upon arrival but his performance never came close to justifying that IMO. 11 matches this year for us, a 6.61 average rating, his only real value came in being able to play out of his natural position and cover the DL when needed. He played a total of 31 matches for Daejeon over 2 seasons and we wish him well at Samparodia in Italian Serie A. I'm sure he'll enjoy his new salary ($13,500/wk) although damned if I can figure out why they were willing to pay so much.

We get just $24,500 in transfer fee for him, 5% of that goes away in solidarity contributions to Sunmoon Univ and Jeju.

A Dajeon supporter's spokesperson said they were disappointed with his departure (after spending several weeks grumbling that I needed to evaluate his role on the first team due to his lack of performance).

-----------

Fri July 4, 2014

With our brief wage situation remedied by the departure of Yoon Weon-II we quickly move to extended the contract of DC Park Tae-Su through 2016, upping his pay from $875/wk to $975/wk. We likewise extend our highest regarded player (per staff assessments) MC Kim Jong-Gook, upping his pay from $2,600/wk to $3,100/wk through 2016.

At the World Cup, quarterfinal action began
NOTE: The sudden CTD suffered in the next post altered the scores, but not the outcomes of these two matches. What happened the second time around is listed here, the original outcomes are in the spoiler tag

Iran 1(6) - Uruguay 1(5) ... the biggest surprise of the tournament wins on PK

Russia 2 - Brazil 1 ... the hosts are eliminated by an own goal by Marcelo at 71'. Russia led with a Zhirkov goal at 2', Hulk tied the match at 40' before disaster struck.

Russia will get the winner of Cameroon/Ivory Coast while Iran faces either defending champion Spain or Belgium
Spoiler

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-19-2014 at 03:15 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:11 AM   #80
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

At this point I experienced a CTD just as a match ended.
That match is hidden in the spoiler tag

Spoiler
Old 07-19-2014, 12:49 PM   #81
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sat July 5, 2014
Daejeon (9-8-3, 3rd) at Chungju Hummel (3-6-11, 9th)
Third league meeting between the clubs, we've only managed draws in both of those meetings, which is a primary reason we're not higher up the table. We've been completely frustrated by their defense, either not getting shots at all or getting shots that are nowhere near the mark. We'll try the 4-4-2 Attacking today, hopefully we can find more offense.

Chungju gets their second yellow card 14'
Ji Keong-Deuk gets a yellow card 31'
A dreary first half, only 2 shots apiece 45'
Ahn Young-Gyu gets a yellow card 48'
Kim Jong-Gook gets a yellow card 67'
Kim Jong-Soo gets a yellow card 69'
Chungju gets a yellow card 76'
Ahn Young-Gyu gets his second yellow card & is off 89'
3 minutes added time 89'

Full time: Daejeon 0 - Chungju Hummel 0

Weak call b.s. on that 2nd yellow/red card. Just 7 shots apiece, no real flow to the match at all. 15 fouls against us, 8 against them. 9 yellow cards (5/4) total.

Good:
DL Park Sun-Joo 7.5/PotM, DR Kim Han-Sup 7.4,
Bad:
ST Lee Kook-Ho 6.4, ST Kim Seong-Min 6.4, MC Kim Jong-Gook 6.4
Old 07-19-2014, 01:02 PM   #82
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sat July 5, 2014 (con't)

No option to appeal Ahn Young-Gyu's suspension or we would have done so.

At the World Cup

Ivory Coast 0(4) - Cameroon 0(2) ... Teams combined for 39 shots, 34 fouls, 13 yellow cards & Ivory Coast survives despite playing the final 15' of extra time a man down. The winners put only two shots on target in 120 minutes but hit all four of their penalty kicks

Spain 4 - Belgium 3 ... Belgium led 1-0, Spain led 2-1, Belgium led 3-2, Spain leveled at 74' and then won the match thanks to an own goal in the 94' of extra time. Timmy Simons is the tragic goat.

Semi-finals are now set: Russia vs Ivory Coast & Iran vs Spain

--------
Old 07-19-2014, 04:08 PM   #83
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sun July 6, 2014

We reach agreement on a $600/wk deal with 32 y/o full back Kang Joon-Woo. He spent 6 seasons with Jeju of K-Classic before leaving when his contract expired at the end of last season. He can play DR, DC and (oddly enough) ML.

For a relatively small cost we're hoping that he will provide depth on the back line.

-------------------

Fri July 11, 2014

Our Reserves played our U18s in a friendly, winning 3-2 in a match that was only decided in stoppage time.

Trialist Chu Pyung-Kang put the Reserves up 1-0 at 37'. 17 y/o ST Moon Kyung-Hoon leveled things at 59', while 17 y/o ST Hwang Hu-Han put the youngsters in front at 80'. Chu Pyung Kan tied the match with his second goal at 83' and AMC Jang Soo-Min won it for the reserves at 90'+2.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:03 PM   #84
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Oops, seems I failed to keep everyone updated on the big event going on elsewhere

At the World Cup
Semifinals
(Tuesday July 8)
Russia 3 - Ivory Coast 0 ... an own goal at 19', followed by the standard kind at 43' and 56' push Russia into the finals

(Wednesday July 9)
Spain 3 - Iran 0 ... Liorente scored just 5 minutes into the matching, Alba followed with a goal at 37' and the outcome was secured before the half. Ramos was sent off at 63', Iran lost a man at 83', Fabregas closed the scoring with a capper at 89', giving Spain a chance to repeat.

Saturday July 12, 2014
3rd place match
Ivory Coast 1 - Iran 0 ... Bony scored at 27' to give his side all it needed
Old 07-19-2014, 10:54 PM   #85
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

OOC NOTE: So, right about here is where I had a sudden power failure at my house tonight, transformer blew about a mile or so away out on the main road. The good news is that the laptop running FM 2014 had a full battery so I lost nothing despite being the middle of a match. The slightly bad news is that I was mid-writeup of the next match here and to be honest I have zero desire to rebuild that game narrative from scratch (you'll understand why soon enough).
Old 07-19-2014, 11:05 PM   #86
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sat July 12, 2014 (con't)
Daejeon (9-9-3, 4th) at Gwangju (15-2-4, 1st)
Third league meeting between the clubs, we've sort of been their Chungju Hummel. Just like we can't seem to beat the bottom feeder, they've struggled to half their losses this season against us. We'll play the 4-4-2 here since it worked well last time.

Full time: Gwangju 7 - Daejeon 1

Okay, that didn't go so well. We were down 1-0 on a PK at 8'. 3-0 by halftime. 4-0 before Kim Seong-Min got us on the board at 52'. Managed to give us 3 more goals after that, they just got more & more aggressive and we didn't respond in the slightest.

Good:
ST Kim Seong-Min 1g 6.8, MC Kim Jong-Gook 6.7
Bad:
DR Park Tae-Su 4.8, DC Park Sun-Joo 5.1, DC Rim Chang-Woo 5.4
Old 07-19-2014, 11:21 PM   #87
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sun July 13, 2014
At the World Cup

Final
Spain 3 - Russia 0 ... a goal by Mata just before the half seemed to take the air out of the underdogs. Llorente's goal at 53' pretty much settled the issue, Cazorla added another at 88'. Spain goes back to back, first nation to do so since Brazil in 1958/1962.

World Cup Awards
Best Player:
Fernando Llorente - Spain
2nd Andres Iniesta - Spain, 3rd Juan Mata - Spain

Best Goalkeeper:
Iker Casillas - Spain

Best Young Player:
Kostas Fortounis - Greece

Goal of the Tournament:
Santi Cazorla - Spain vs Russia July 13, a powerful long range strike
2nd, Holebas - Greece vs South Africa, 27 yard free kick
3rd, Juan Mata - Spain vs Belgium, 24 yard free kick

Golden Boot:

Fernando Llorente - Spain ... 7 goals & 3 assists, 7.81 avg rating
2nd Salomon Kalou - Ivory Coast .. 6 goals & 2 assists, 7.41
3rd Alexandr Kerzhakov - Russia ... 4 goals, 6.91

Dream Team
GK: Casillas - Spain
D: Monreal - Spain, Ramos - Spain, Albiol - Spain, Azpillicueta - Spain
MF: Mata - Spain, Martinez - Spain, Iniesta - Spain, Hulk - Brazil
F: Llorente - Spain, Kalou - Ivory Coast

2nd Team
GK Courtois - Belgium
D:Pique - Spain, Zhirkov - Russia, Holebas - Greece, Alderweireld - Belgium
MF: Fabregas - Spain, Silva - Spain, Cavini - Uruguay, Kaebi - Iran
F: Neymar - Brazil, Lukaku - Belgium, Pogrebnyak - Russia
Old 07-19-2014, 11:35 PM   #88
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wed July 16, 2014
After the complete disaster against Chungju I've welcomed the schedule giving us a week off between matches. A chance for players to try to clear their heads maybe, a chance for us to sort of reset things and get ready for another good run after having our 13 match league unbeaten streak not only snapped but ground into a fine powder, then blow away with a pressure hose.

And then I look up to see Head Physio Adam Rotchstein standing in my doorway with that look on his face.

Striker Kim Seong-Min suffered a pulled hamstring while attempting a sprint during training today. Likely to be out 3-4 weeks to recover.

Nothing says "we can get keep moving forward" quite like losing your second leading goal scorer for a month. And that's on top of DL Park Sun-Joo getting a 1 game ban for getting his fifth yellow card of the season in that Match We Don't Walk To Discuss.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:32 AM   #89
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sat July 19, 2014
Daejeon (9-9-4, 4th) vs Anyang (8-3-11, 7th)
We split the first two meetings, but we're definitely in need of a bounceback game here. We'll try the 4-1-3-2 Standard, maybe we can jump in front early and keep things simple.

Quiet first half, didn't play very well, just sort of ... here 45'
Kang Joon-Woo gets a yellow card 80'
Kim Se-Joon denies their leading scorer at point blank range 88'

Full time: Daejeon 0 - Anyang 0

A very mixed bag of performances leads to a flat result.

Good:
MC Jeong Seok-Min 7.2, DC Ahn Young-Gyu 7.0, GK Kim Se-Joon 6.8
Bad:
DC Rim Chang-Woo 6.3, ST Kim Hyo-Ki 6.4, ST Ivan Markovic 6.4
Old 07-20-2014, 12:54 AM   #90
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sun July 20, 2014

Teams for the upcoming All-Star Cup -- pitting a side from K-Classic against a side from K-Challenge -- have been announced.

Three Daejeon players are among those chosen, congratulations to ST Lee Kook-Ho, ST Lee Dong-Hyun and MC Kim Sung-Soo.

We have agreed to terms ($0 fee, 20% of next sale) with Pohang, allowing them to sign Reserve GK Park Joo-Woon. The 23 y/o netminder began the season as our backup but was really never considered to be first team caliber. We allow him to move on in his best interest.

----------

Monday July 21, 2014

We have agreed to terms ($425/wk) with 56 y/o coach Cho Byung-Deuk who will work with our U18s.

-----------

Tuesday July 22, 2014

We have agreed to terms ($600/wk) with 34 y/o coach Moon Ki-Hoon who will take over as the head coach of our Reserve team.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:21 AM   #91
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wed July 23, 2014
Daejeon (9-10-4, 4th) at Gangwon (6-6-11, 8th)
We've won & drawn against these guys in the first two meetings. We'll try the 4-1-3-2 Counter here on the road, really in need of a goal soon. We've only scored once in our last four matches and that was in the 7-1 loss.

Gangwon has a free kick from the point ... 0-1
Ahn Young-Gyu tripping foul gave that opportunity
Gangwon yellow card 8'
Hwang Jin-Sin plays a corner to the near post,Ahn Young-Gyu fires ... 11' 1-1
Gangwon slips a man free in the box, header ... 18' 1-2
Kim Han-Sup gets a yellow card 19'
Kim Tae-Yeon is hurt & has to come off 28'
Castrillon gets a yellow card 48'
Corner kick makes it easy for Gangwon 60' 1-3
Kim Jong-Gook yellow card 80'

Full time: Gangwon 3 - Daejeon 1

Boy did we suck.Outshot 12-8, we managed only 1 shot on target to their 7. Passing was pretty bad, heading which is normally our strong point was only so-so at best. Only 41% possession which is terrible.

Good:
DC Ahn Young-Gyu 1g 7.3, MC Hwang Jin-San 7.0
Bad:
ST Lee Dong-Hyng 6.0, DR Kim Han-Sup 6.2, DL Park Sun-Joo 6.2
Old 07-20-2014, 01:29 AM   #92
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wed July 23, 2014 (con't)

The board would like to see me. Well, okay, I'll tend to that before going to an unpleasant post-match press conference.

Board: We are disappointed with the result & would like to know what happened

Me: (I decide to just be honest) The players just weren't good enough on the day I'm afraid. I can only do so much as a head coach, ultimately they're the ones who let the club down.

Board: We don't think blaming the players is acceptable, ultimately you have to take the blame when it comes to results.

Me: My job is to send the team out and tell them what to do, I can't be held accountable for so many individual mistakes

Board: We won't let you blame the players ... yadda yadda

Me: If one result is that much of an issue to you then perhaps it is best if I resigned

Board: If you think leaving is the only solution then we will accept your resignation

Me: I'm sure that resigning is the best option for both parties
Old 07-20-2014, 01:32 AM   #93
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Fuck those sons of bitches.

We had a 13 match run without a loss, have been in the top half of the table nearly all season.

They've never won anything and I believe I'm starting to understand why. It was clear from the outset that there was no intention of giving me any time to put together a roster, to the point that I felt nationality was an issue especially for an attack oriented media.

Those bastards can burn in hell as far as I care and if any opportunity ever arises to pour gasoline on them I'll sure enjoy taking it.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:49 AM   #94
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thu Aug 16, 2014

Since my departure Daejeon is 0-3-1, including a draw against a 1 win side.
Their first move was to sign & start a Serbian AML. Ivan Markovic is out 3 months with an injury.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:00 AM   #95
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Fri Sep 5, 2014

Daejeon is 1-5-2 since my departure (I was 9-10-5), now in 7th place

Only one head coach opening since my departure, a Malaysian Premier side (which I can't even seem to apply for, nor even see the job advert for, despite the league being marked as playable)
Old 07-20-2014, 02:22 AM   #96
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Fri Oct 3, 2014

Daejeon is still in 7th place, having now (shockingly) managed to win two straight.

Still only one job opening (that I can't apply for) unless you count the France National team. I think I'll take a pass on that one.

-----------

Fri Oct 10, 2014

Interesting note as Gwangju's Luisinho Paulista has been signed by Brazilian First Division club Sport. He was the leading goal scorer in K-Challenge for most of the year.

Lee Dong-Hyun (whose slump played a big part in my exit from Daejeon) was sold to Jeju for $60k.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:29 AM   #97
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Fri Oct 17, 2014

MLS side Philadelphia Union has sacked their coach. I acknowledge my interest in the job (although I have zero expectation of actually getting it or anything) and even go so far as to apply.

---------
Sun Oct 19, 2014

I thought it was rather rude of Philadelphia's managing director to actually "laugh off" my interest. Hey buddy, I manged to get a club into the top half of its division. What have YOU done lately?
Old 07-20-2014, 02:57 AM   #98
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sat Nov 1, 2014

Russian National Team head coach Fabio Capello retired at the age of 68. His runner-up finish at the recent World Cup was a nice way to go out.

MLS Vacancies in Montreal, Chivas as well as one Malaysian Premier side (USM) but the latter doesn't look too good as they have only a single player who has ever played a league match remaining on the roster. Trying to avoid relegation with that might not be a challenge I'm up to.

---------

Wed Nov 12, 2014

3 matches left in the K-Challenge season, Daejeon officially eliminated from playoff contention. They can do no better than 3rd, no worse than their current 7th place. They're 6-6-6 since I left (I was 9-10-5) . They bought five new players and have sold off both MC Kim Gong-Jook and DR Park Tae-Su.

Landon Donovan of the Los Angeles Galaxy has been named USA Player of the Year. Tim Howard of Everton was runner-up with Toronto's Michael Bradley third.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:13 AM   #99
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wed Dec 3, 2014

I've applied -- just as a lark -- for the MLS vacancy in New York. Yeah, right.

There's 4 Malaysian Premier jobs open, as well as just demoted K-Classic team Seongnam but their insecure financial situation leaves me uninterested.

Daejeon managed to finish 6th in K-Challenge. Gwangju will promote after winning the league by 10 points over Suwon, who edged out Daegu for a playoff spot by a single point. Suwon will remain in K-Challenge however after losing the promotion playoff to Ulsan 2-1.

Gwangju's Luisinho Paulista -- already sold off -- won the K-Challenge Player of the Year Award. Kim Young-Hoo of Gangwon was second, Suwon's Ha Jung-Hun third.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:29 AM   #100
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sun Dec 21, 2014

Just on a which I expressed some interest in the Malaysian Premier League opening at Felda Utd (Federal Land Development Authority United) job. Financial situation is Okay, current payroll is a whopping $2,500/wk.

They are said to be flattered by my interest and are hoping to achieve a mid-table finish.

------------
Dec 28, 2014
Felda Utd hired former Selangor MPSJ man Shukri Harun as their new head coach.

The only current vacancy is Gyeongnam of K-Classic. I declare my interest even though, frankly, I'm not that interested.