Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-07-2012, 12:59 AM   #101
larrymcg421
Head Coach

*Scannell, Guichard, Collins, McCarey, and Taffertshofer were all named to the Team of the Week.

*The board is very pleased with my leadership of the team, especially my signing of Yohan Guichard. They are disappointed I let James Whelan go, which is weird since he was the biggest goat of the season and we've played much better since his departure. We made a $7.56k profit last week.

*Caro continues to crash and has now lost almos two full points in some attributes. I'm not sure what's causing this. I've tried different training schedules, but nothing is working. He will have to go at the end of the season, especially if we promote.

October 4, 2013

Mervue Utd (13-11-4, 3rd) at SD Galway (20-6-2, 1st)

Mervue is already mathematically eliminated from the league title race, but this is still a huge match as a loss here and a Dundalk win would also eliminate themselves from 2nd place and the promotion/relegation playoff.

GK McCarey
FB Caro, DC Amer, DC Tattertshofer, FB Horgan
DMC Foley
MC Lletget
AML Sibanda, AMR Guichard
ST Scannell, ST Collins

1': Caro booked.

4': Lletget continuing to earn his spot in the lineup by sending a beautiful through pass in to Scannell, who easily beats the keeper. 1-0

7': Caro with a nice cross into the box. Collins gets hold of it, but sends it right to the keeper. It's deflected to Scannell, who immediately fires a hard followup shot, but that one is also deflected. Guichard gets to this one but kicks it wide left.

17': A Foley corner kick that Scannell doesn't get to, but a Mervue defender knocks it into his own goal. 2-0

23': Lletget booked.

33': Foley to Scannell. 3-0

Halftime: We're rolling. I'm happy except for Collins and Guichard who are having subpar games. I tellt hem as much and they get fired up.

56': They get a break and fire a long range shot from about 25 yards out. It looks like it's going in, but McCarey leaps to tip it over the crossbar.

80': Scannell denied on a corner kick. Taffertshofer picks up the deflection and puts it through. 4-0

Final: SD Galway 4, Mervue Utd 0

Goals: Scannell 2, Taffertshofer
Assists: Foley 2, Lletget
Top Three: Scannell 8.9, Foley 8.8, Taffertshofer 8.1
Worst: Hughes 6.9
Shots: 9-8
On Target: 6-2
Possession: 54%

*We have clinched a minimum of 2nd place. Dundalk won so they kept pace with us.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 04-07-2012 at 03:22 AM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:27 AM   #102
larrymcg421
Head Coach

*I have been offered the head coach position for Independiente, a First Division Argentina team. That's pretty awesome, but I'm not leaving Ireland until I take SD Galway to the top. I do get a raise out of the situation and now make $400 p/w (compared to the $4.2k p/w I was offered).

*With wins over Faroe Islands and Sweden, Ireland won their qualifying group and are headed to the World Cup!

*While we were idle, Bray Wanderers lost to Athlone Town 2-0 and Dundalk beat Bangor Celtic 4-0. This clinches a minimum of 2nd place for Dundalk. The First Division is now a two team race.

October 20, 2013

Rockmount (8-5-16, 9th) at SD Galway (21-6-
2, 1st)

We need to win two more matches to take the league title and we have matches against the 9th, 11th, and 12th place teams. If we can't take two of those, then we don't deserve to promote.

GK McCarey
DMC Foley
MC Lletget
ST Scannell, ST Collins

1': Collins gets the ball and starts a break right away, beating the defense and firing a strong shot that the Rockmount keeper has to dive to stop.

10': Lletget with a nice pass down the middle to Scannel, but the keeper makes another great save.

35': The entire match is being played ont heir half of the field, but we just can't convert our chances.

Halftime: The team looking uninspired right now. Lots of low ratings (Collins 6.2, Scannell 6.6, Amer 6.6). I move Guichard to ST in place of Collins and bring in Baker. I rip into the team to try and fire them up.

46': Hughes booked.

52': Caro booked.

56': Baker tries a shot, but misses to the left.

59': We almost go down when they cross one into the box, but McCarey has perfect positioning on the header and catches it.

66': We continue to fail at successfully converting our chances. I bring Sibanda in for Hughes.

72': Guichard booked.

73': Lletget with an incredibly careless pass almost costs us the match, but Horgan bails him out with an aggressive challenge.

78': Lletget gets it to Baker who immediiately passes it to Scannell in the middle. He's doubled so passes to a charging Guichard. They close fast on him, but he has enough space to beat the keeper on the near post! 1-0

81': Horgan booked.

87': After a long pass, they charge in from the right side and have a clear cut chance, but McCarey's quick reflexes knock it away.

Final: SD Galway 1, Rockmount 0

Goals: Guichard
Assists: Scannell
Top Three: Guichard 7.4 (MOM), Horgan 7.3, Foley 7.3
Worst: Collins 6.2
Shots: 15-7
On Target: 3-3
Possession: 59%

*We managed to pull it out, but I let the team know I was not pleased with their performance,

*Caro has reached the yellow card limit and will miss the Senior Challenge Cup semifinal.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 04-07-2012 at 03:22 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:18 AM   #103
larrymcg421
Head Coach

October 25, 2013

Senior Challenge Cup Semifinal: SD Galway at St. Pat's Athletic

We were in the final last year and we face a Premier division side to get there again. Hughes has been unimpressive. I don't have much choice at the left wing these days, so I give Sibanda his starting job back due to experience.

GK McCarey
FB King, DC Amer, DC Tattertshofer, FB Horgan
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
ST Scannell, ST Collins

12': Sibanda booked.

14': Collins intercepts a pass and sends the ball forward for Guichard, but he can't beat the keeper.

16': Foley to Scannell. 1-0

25': Amer leaps to disrupt a long pass and heads it forward to Collins. He dribbles around two defenders to the left and beats the keeper on the near post. 2-0

Halftime: Things are going well, but Alan King is completely winded. My only other option is the awful Hugh Davey, so I stick with King for now.

48': Sibanda is hurt and that may be the end of his SD Galway career. Hughes comes in.

58': Collins shows off his athleticism as he leads an attack, getting it to Scannell who fakes out a defender and fires a shot that beats the keeper. 3-0

62': They get their first real chance of the game when their striker beats our defense down the middle, but his shot isn't even close.

64': King booked.

66': A rare horrendous miss from Scannell. Foley left a pass for him right in the penalty area and his shot is several feet to the left.

72': McCarey with a terrific free kick gets it all the way to Collins on the run. The defense can't keep up with him and he puts it past the keeper. 4-0

86': Davey in for a limping King.

Final: SD Galway 4, St. Pat's Athletic 0

Goals: Collins 2, Scannell 2
Assists: Collins, Foley, Amer, McCarey!
Top Three: Collins 9.4, Scannell 9.2, Foley 8.6
Shots: 14-2
On Target: 8-1
Possession: 62%

*That's a pretty convincing win against a Premier side, but they were resting many starters.

*We earn $41.75k for the win.

*Dundalk drew their match, so it's pretty simple. We win any of our next three matches or draw two of them and we are league champions.

*McCarey with the rare GK assist and another clean sheet. He's now gone 299 minutes without allowing a goal, although he wasn't really tested today.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 04-07-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #104
larrymcg421
Head Coach

October 30, 2013

SD Galway (22-6-2, 1st) at Longford (20-7-4, 3rd)

It's pretty simple. Win and we are champions. Medjkane is finally back to full health, which is a big relief for the left wing spot.

GK McCarey
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
AML Medjkane, AMR Guichard
ST Scannell, ST Collins

16': Collins outrunning everyone on Longford, then sends a nice pass to Scannell in the penalty area. Scannell is denied, but the rebound comes to Collins and he puts it away. 1-0

35': Collins shows off his speed and breaks away again, but fires a very weak shot to the keeper.

41': Amer booked.

Halftime: We are 45 minutes from a league title and a spot in the Premier Division! I tell them not to get complacent. Most respond well, but Medjkane and Caro are pissed.

49': Collins booked.

53': Taffertshofer comes forward to head a dangerous corner that was headed to the box.

65': Murawski booked.

77': A corner is headed right for the goal, but McCarey makes a great play to tip it over.

88': Collins on the attack again as they simply cannot keep up with him. He sends a beautiful cross into the box, but Medjkane's header hits the left post.

The whistle blows and we are First Division Champions!

Final: SD Galway 1, Longford 0

Goals: Collins

Assists: Scannell
Top Three: Horgan 8.0 (MOM), Collins 7.4, Caro 7..3
Shots: 13-6
On Target: 9-2
Possession: 53%

*With the league title, we will autopromote. Dundalk will have to play a playoff match against the #11 Premier side.

*Shamrock Rovers beat Finn Harps in the other Senior Challenge Cup semifinal. They are the current Premier champions and will be fully rested for the match, so it will be incredibly difficult for us.

*I am named Manager of the Month.

*The board is now "delighted with the leadership qualities you are demonstrating". We made $53.45k last month and currently have $157k in the till.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #105
larrymcg421
Head Coach

November 8, 2013

Avondale (2-4-25, 12th) at SD Galway (23-6-2, 1st)

Avondale is trying to avoid relegation. They are currently 4 pts out of 11th with 2 matches remaining, so they have to beat us for that to happen.

GK McCarey
DMC Foley
MC Lletget
ST Scannell, ST Collins

1': Caro hits a cross from his fullback spot. It's a little too far as it curves ahead of Scannell and Collins, but it goes into the net for a total fluke goal. 1-0

15': Guichard's man leaves him completely unmarked. Collins gets the ball to him and he fires a great shot from the left side. 2-0

27': Foley to Scannell. 3-0

Halftime: We are dominating. 69% possession.

53': Foley to Scannell. 4-0

61': Foley booked.

We get several more chances in the match, but are called offsides twice.

Final: SD Galway 4, Avondale 0

Goals: Scannell 2, Guichard, Caro
Assists: Foley 2, Medjkane, Collins
Top Three: Scannell 8.9, Foley 8.8, Caro 8.4
Worst: McCarey 6.9
Shots: 12-1
On Target: 4-0
Possession: 67%

*We are now up to 23 games without a loss and McCarey hasn't allowed a goal in 479 minutes.

*No goals in the last 5 matches finally unlocks that Steam Achivement for me. I've now unlocked 44 of 91.

*McCarey, Caro, Medjkane, Lletget, and Scannell were named to the Team of the Week.

*Avondale has guaranteed relegation and fired their manager.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 04-07-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #106
larrymcg421
Head Coach

November 17, 2013

SD Galway (24-6-2, 1st) at Bangor Celtic (3-5-24, 11th)

For sentimental reasons, I give starts to Sibanda, Holewa, McGauley, and Tierney, who along with Foley and Horgan are the only original SD Galway players left on the team. Foley is out with the yellow card limit.

GK Holewa
DMC McGauley
MC Tierney
ST Scannell, ST Collins

2': Sibanda taking corners with Foley out. They actually mark Scannell well, but accidentally deflect the ball into their own goal. 1-0

43': Tierney with a nice interception. He gets it ahead to Scannell, but the shot is blocked.

62': Sibanda corner. Scannell's header is blocked, but Taffertshofer gets the deflection and puts it through. 2-0

Final: SD Galway 2, Bangor Celtic 0

Goals: Taffertshofer
Assists: Scannell 2
Top Three: Scannell 8.5, Caro 7.7, Taffertshofer 7.5
Worst: Collins 6.8
Shots: 11-7
On Target: 2-2

Old 04-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #107
larrymcg421
Head Coach

December 1, 2013

Senior Challenge Cup Final: SD Galway at Shamrock Rovers

Rovers are pretty much the Manchester United of Ireland. They have won the Premier Division 19 times and the Senior Challenge Cup 24 times. They will be at full strength, so we are clearly overmatched in talent. It will take some luck to pull off this upset.

GK McCarey
DMC Foley
MC Murawski
ST Scannell, ST Collins

1': We surprisingly get an early attack with some nice passing and Guichard gets it inside the right edge of the box, but his shot his deflected out.

2': Foley to Scannell. They did it again! 1-0

11': Collins booked.

19': Off a throw in, Collins gets the ball in the corner and sends a pass into the middle of the penalty area. Scannell fights off two defenders and puts it away. Amazing! 2-0

22': Rovers catch us celebrating a bit too early and they have a clear cut chance from the left wing, but the shot is over the bar.

35': After a throw in, they get it to McCormack just outside the box. He takes a shot before the defense can react and puts it away. 2-1

36': And they immediately get back down field on a long pass. McCarey rushes out but hesitates and is caught in no man's land. The shot hits the post, but they grab the deflection and put it through. 2-2

Halftime: Sucks to lose a 2 goal lead in the span of 2 minutes, but I can't be too mad at my team. I give them an encouraging speech.

59': On a counterattack, Collins gets it to Scannell and he has a break but the quick Rovers defender disrupts his shot and forces it wide right.

71': They send a free kick into the penalty area and they easily head it home. 2-3

78': Foley with a free kick, sends it in to Scannell and he heads it home! 3-3

83': After a poor through pass from Collins, Rovers go on the attack and have a great chance on a cross that is right in front of goal, but their guys can't get to it in time.

89': Collins with a terrific athletic play when he outruns a Rovers defender to a ball that was played too far ahead. He takes ont he keeper, but it is tipped wide to the left. However, that forces the corner and the Foley to Scannell combo come through one more time! 4-3

90'+3: Murawski booked.

90'+4: Referee is slow on the whistle. They win a corner, but Taffertshofer wins the battle in the box and sends the ball as far down field as it will go. Before Rovers can get to it, the whistle is blown. We've done it!

Final: SD Galway 4, Shamrock Rovers 3

Goals: Scannell 4

Assists: Foley 3
Top Three: Scannell 9.8, Foley 9.0, Taffertshofer 7.0
Worst: Amer 6.5
Shots: 11-13
On Target: 7-4
Possession: 52%

*Not only do we get a nice check for $83.47k, but this victory qualifies us for the EURO Champions Cup 2nd Qualifying round.

*Scannell finished the season with 54 goals and 13 assists in 41 total appearances (33 league, 8 cup). Those are just unreal numbers.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:59 AM   #108
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Final League Standings:

W D L GF GA Pts
SD Galway 25 6 2 89 32 81
Dundalk 21 7 5 62 26 70
Finn Harps 18 7 8 57 27 61
Longford 18 7 8 61 33 61
Bray Wanderers 18 6 9 47 28 60
Mervue Utd 15 11 7 61 42 56
Athlone Town 12 10 11 42 38 46
Wexford 8 9 16 32 55 33
Rockmount 9 6 18 32 66 33
Cherry Orchard 8 4 21 41 75 28
Bangor Celtic 3 5 25 18 67 14
Avondale 2 4 27 20 73 10

Promotion/Relegation Playoff: Drogheda United 2, Dundalk 1
Player of the Year: Chris Scannell, SD Galway
Keeper of the Year: Peter Cherrie, Dundalk
Young Player of the Year: Jason Collins, SD Galway
Manager of the Year: Larry McGillicuddy, SD Galway
Bronze Boot: Chris Scannell, SD Galway (45 Goals)
Most Assists: Ciaran Foley, SD Galway (26 Assists)

Old 04-08-2012, 01:06 AM   #109
Grover
Pro Starter

Champions League football! Nice!

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:13 AM   #110
larrymcg421
Head Coach

SD Galway players that made the top 10 in statistical categories:

Goals

1. Chris Scannell - 45
4. Jason Collins - 15

Assists

1. Ciaran Foley - 26
3. Oscar Sibanda - 13
5. Chris Scannell - 10

Average Rating

1. Chris Scannell - 8.16
2. Ciaran Foley - 7.77
4. Didier Caro - 7.42
5. Oscar Sibanda - 7.36
6. Richie Baker - 7.25
8. James Collins - 7.22

Yellow Cards

2. Didier Caro - 11
3. Ciaran Foley - 10
7. Moritz Murawski - 8

Man of Match

1. Chris Scannell - 13

Pass Completion

8. Yohan Guichard - 82%
10. Ciaran Foley - 82%

Tackles/Game

1. Didier Caro - 5.47
2. Ciaran Foley - 5.40
3. Colm Horgan - 4.88

Dribbles/Game

1. Lamine Medjkane - 3.61
3. Yohan Guichard - 2.27
6. Richie Baker - 2.10

Shots on Target

2. Chris Scannell - 58%
9. James Collins - 45%

Distance Covered

4. Didier Caro - 326.4km

Average Minutes Per Goal

1. Alan Mulcahy - 45.00
3. Chris Scannell - 66.00

Shutouts

4. Aaron McCarey - 11

Offside

4. James Collins - 32

Cross Completion Ratio

8. Ciaran Foley - 44%

Key Passes

1. Ciaran Foley - 40
2. Moritz Murawski - 27
3. Chris Scannell - 26
5. Didier Caro - 24
10. Oscar Sibanda - 19

Key Tackles

6. Brahim Ait Amer - 11

Key Headers

2. Chris Scannell - 53

Interceptions Made

6. Didier Caro - 204

Where SD Galway finished in the different team stats:

Avg. Attendance - 134 (7th)
Average Attendance by Capacity % - 2.07 (12th)
Goals - 89 (1st)
Goals Allowed - 32 (4th)
Goals From Corners - 30 (1st)
Goals From IFK's - 6 (3rd)
Yellow Cards - 72 (1st)
Red Cards - 2 (6th)
Salary Per Year - $127k (10th)

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 04-08-2012 at 01:22 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:26 AM   #111
larrymcg421
Head Coach

We had three players named to the First Division Team of the Year:

*Irish First Division Team of the Year - 2013

GK Peter Cherrie, Dundalk
DL Didier Caro, SD Galway
DC Liam Burns, Dundalk
DC Packie Mailey, Bray Wanderers
DR Gareth Porter, Finn Harps
ML Oscar Sibanda, SD Galway
MC Alan Kirby, Longford
MC Conor O'Grady, Finn Harps
MR Alex Lee, Mervue Utd
ST Chris Scannell, SD Galway
ST Alan Murphy, Mervue Utd

I have no idea how Ciaran Foley did not get picked for this list, especially considering he was 2nd in the Player of the Year voting.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:53 AM   #112
larrymcg421
Head Coach

An overview of our players and stats from 2013:

Strikers

Chris Scannell - 41 Apps, 54 Goals, 13 Assists, 14 MOM, 9 Yellow, 0 Red, 8.11
James Collins - 38 Apps, 21 Goals, 10 Assists, 3 MOM, 8 Yellow, 0 Red, 7.38

The only other player that appeared as a striker was winger Yohan Guichard. I heavily relied on these two because I had no bench here. Scannell was incredible all year long. I was hard on Collins because of his inconsistency and many easy misses, but he had a solid season overall. Both will be back next year, but it remains to be seen if they will be starters.

Left Wing

Oscar Sibanda - 30 Apps, 5 Goals, 13 Assists, 3 MOM, 2 Yellow, 0 Red, 7.24
Lamine Medjkane - 20 Apps, 4 Goals, 8 Assists, 1 MOM, 5 Yellow, 1 Red, 7.40
Alan King - 7 Apps, 0 Goals, 0 Assists, 0 MOM, 5 Yellow, 0 Red, 7.08
Jordan Hughes - 5 Apps, 0 Goals, 0 Assists, 0 MOM, 1 Yellow, 0 Red, 6.82
Alan Mulcahy - 1 Apps, 1 Goals, 0 Assists, 0 MOM, 0 Yellow, 0 Red, 7.30

None of these players will be back except for Medjkane who might be a decent backup at the next lebel. Sibanda was one of my favorit eplayers for the first two seasons, but he's just not good enough for Premier Division football.

Central Midfielder

Moritz Murawski - 36 Apps, 1 Goal, 6 Assists, 0 MOM, 10 Yellow, 0 Red, 6.95
Sebastian Lletget - 7 Apps, 0 Goals, 1 Assist, 1 Yellow, 0 Red, 7.00
Mike Tierney - 3 Apps, 0 Goals, 0 Assists, 0 MOM, 0 Yellow, 0 Red, 6.90

Murawski had serious morale issues and his hissyfits almost cost us an important match late in the season, causing him to get benched. Both him and Lletget will be kept, but I'll be looking to make them backups.

Right Wing

Richie Baker - 23 Apps, 7 Goals, 6 Assists, 1 MOM, 5 Yellow, 0 Red, 7.28
Yohan Guichard - 19 Apps, 8 Goals, 3 Assists, 3 MOM, 3 Yellow, 0 Red, 7.33
Lewis Young - 1 App, 0 Goals, 0 Assists, 0 MOM, 0 Yellow, 0 Red, 6.80

Guichard was a solid player who was key for us down the stretch and will likely be a starter next year. Baker may be kept as a backup.

Anchorman

Ciaran Foley - 38 Apps, 0 Goals, 32 Assists, 3 MOM, 11 Yellow, 1 Red, 7.76
Thomas McGauley - 3 Apps, 0 Goals, 0 Assists, 0 MOM, 1 Yellow, 0 Red, 6.65

Foley was the man this year, unstoppable on corner kicks and a solid presence in the midfield. He'll be back for sure.

Left Fullback

Didier Caro - 38 Apps, 3 Goals, 8 Assists, 4 MOM, 12 Yellow, 0 Red, 7.36
Alan King - 7 Apps, 0 Goals, 0 Assists, 0 MOM, 5 Yellow, 0 Red, 7.08
Hugh Davey - 2 Apps, 0 Goals, 0 Assists, 0 MOM, 0 Yellow, 0 Red, 8.00

Caro had a terrific year, but his skills have had a disastrous decline and he cannot play at the next level anymore. I need to address this spot on the transfer market.

Central Defenders

Brahim Ait Amer - 37 Apps, 1 Goal, 1 Assist, 0 MOM, 8 Yellow, 1 Red, 7.12
Ulrich Taffertshofer - 34 Apps, 2 Goals, 1 Assist, 0 MOM, 2 Yellow, 0 Red, 7.22
Nicholas Lyskov - 7 Apps, 0 Goals, 0 Assists, 0 MOM, 1 Yellow, 0 Red, 6.40
Julian Weiersbach - 4 Apps, 0 Goals, 0 Assists, 0 MOM, 0 Yellow, 0 Red, 6.93
Ken Kiely - 1 App, 0 Goals, 0 Assists, 0 MOM, 1 Yellow, 0 Red

Amer and Tattertshofer were very solid performers in the middle and are both good enough to play in the Premier league.

Right Fullback

Colm Horgan - 31 Apps, 0 Goals, 0 Assists, 1 MOM, 9 Yellow, 0 Red, 7.12
Brendan Daly - 14 Apps, 0 Goals, 0 Assists, 0 MOM, 3 Yellow, 0 Red, 7.08

Horgan has been solid for us for the last two seasons, but I'm not convinced he's talented enough to play at the next level so I'll be looking to make him a backup.

Goalkeeper

Aaron McCarey - 39 Apps, 42 Conceded, 15 Clean Sheets, 1 Assist, 1 Yellow, 6.87
Danny Holewa - 3 Apps, 1 Conceded, 2 Clean Sheets, 6.80

I won't rule out going for someone better than McCarey, but he's good enough to keep his job next year. He played his best soccer at the end and appears to be improving.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:30 AM   #113
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Offseason Update:

*Thomas McGauley is the only retirement. He wasn't a very good player, but did have his moments during our late season turnaround in 2012. He does have some good coaching attributes and I hire him to fill one of my new openings.

*The only player whose contract is expiring is Yohan Guichard and he's well worth the renewal. I extend him for two more years at $300 p/w.

*I release most players under amateur contracts, keeping just a handful to be backups - AMR Richie Baker, DC Desmond Sturing, AML Lamine Medjkane, GK Danny Holewa, DC Julian Weiersbach, and prospects ST Jason Lyons and ST Thomas Prinz. I also terminate the contract of MC Mike Tierney.

*The SD Galway fans voted Chris Scannell their player of the year. No surprise.

*Both Collins and Scannell had promotion clauses in their contracts, so Collins increases to $250 p/w, while Scannell increases to $210 p/w.

*We earn $41.73k for TV rights this season.

*The Premier division title odds put us at 2000-1. Shamrock Rovers are the favorites at even odds to repeat.

*I tell the board I can achieve a minimum of a mid-standing finish. This gives me a transfer budget of $31.63k and a payroll of $11k p/w. We currently have a payroll of $2.4k p/w, so this is a massive increase.

*This leaves us with the following contracts, all (except for Guichard) expiring in December 2014:

DC Ulrich Tatertshofer - $300 p/w
AMR Yohan Guichard - $300 p/w
MC Moritz Murawski - $275 p/w
MC Sebastian Lletget - $275 p/w
DR Colm Horgan - $210 p/w
DC Brahim Ait Amer - $200 p/w
ST James Collins - $250 p/w
ST Chris Scannell - $210 p/w
DL Didier Caro - $150 p/w
DMC Ciaran Foley - $100 p/w
GK Aaron McCarey - $100 p/w
AMR Jordan Hughes - $70 p/w

I'll wait to see how these guys do at the Premier level before deciding on renewals.

*Shamrock Rovers make an offer worth $28k for James Collins. While I've had issues with Collins consistency, he's still a young, athletic player and I'm certainly not letting him go to a rival club.

*Shamrock Rovers also make an offer for Amer, but this one they don't even offer any money, just the incentive of 25% of next sale. I have no interest in selling a player to them, certainly not for such a shitty offer.

Here are my offseason signings:

MC Jonathan Steele, 28 ($800 p/w) - This is the key signing of my offseason as the MC spot was inconsistent and problematic last year. The first thing that jumps out is his amazing Passing (17), but he's an all-around solid player with Technique (13), Work Rate (14), Teamwork (13), Agility (13), Decision (12), and Creativity (12).

ST Cephas Melele, 20 ($550 p/w) - A fast and skilled striker who will fit perfectly into my system. Teamwork (16), Acceleration (14), Pace (14), Dribbling (13), Finishing (13), Technique (13), Work Rate (12). The only drawback is relatively low Stamina (9).

DR Stefano Marzo, 22 ($475 p/w) - Has lower stamina (8) than I like for a defender, but is skilled enough in other areas to make up for it. Marking (12), Tackling (15), Teamwork (16), Positioning (11), Decisions (11).

AML Ileyes Meslem, 21 ($450 p/w) - What I look for in my Attacking Midfielders is the ability to dribble quickly down the line and send crosses in. This guy qualifies with Work Rate (13), Teamwork (15), Acceleration (12), Pace (12), Crossing (12), Dribbling (12).

DMC Loick Diaz, 22 ($425 p/w) - Here's the guy that will unseat Ciaran Foley. I hate to do it, but Diaz is better in just about every single way. Teamwork (17), Work Rate (13), Anticipation (12), Bravery (15), Decisions (12), Tackling (12), Marking (11).

ST Junior Torunarigha, 23 ($350 p/w) - Another fast and skilled striker. He also has some great height (6'3") and Jumping/Heading (13 in both) ability to inherit the corner target man spot from Scannell. Teamwork (15), Work Rate (13), Finishing (12), First Touch (12), Pace (13), Off the Ball (12), Flair (11), Composure (11).

DC Richard Bryan, 20 ($300 p/w) - A solid defender who can fit into the rotation. Has pretty much everything I look for in a defender - Marking (12), Tackling (13), Stamina (12), along with Anticipation (12), Bravery (10), and Positioning (11).

DL Mathieu Cave, 23 ($275 p/w)
- Another fullback with less than ideal stamina (8), but really good everywhere else. Marking (12), Tackling (11), Positioning (11), Bravery (11). Plus he has the speed to chase down wingers on the edge - Acceleration (13), Pace 13).

AML Gary McCabe, 25 ($220 p/w) - Will make a good backup at the Attacking Midfield position because he can play both sides of the field. Acceleration (12), Pace (13), Dribbling (14), Crossing (12), Work Rate (13).

DL Shane Grimes, 26 ($190 p/w) - Will challenge Cave for the starting job. He's a better offensive threat at the spot with Crossing (12) and Dribbling (11) and still has the defensive skills with Tackling (13) and Marking (11).

AMR Daryl Horgan, 21 ($170 p/w) - Needed a better backup option than Richie Baker on the right side. Horgan has low stamina (6). we'll work on that, but he's good enough for spot starts. Acceleration (11), Pace (12), Crossing (12).

DC Kevin Murray, 30 ($170 p/w) - A tall (6'4") defender with good Heading (14) could be very valuable in defending corner kicks and crosses. Will start the season as backup, but get his chances to start. Marking (11), Tackling (14).

Even after all these signings, I still have $4,000 p/w in excess payroll. Part of the problem is we're still too low profile, so guys that cost more don't want to play for us. I'll hold on to the money and maybe we'll get a chance at a superstar later in the season. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the guys I was able to get.

Our rotation will be very important this year as we will be competing in 4 extra tournaments throughout the season. In addition to our Premier Division matches, we have the All-Ireland cup, the League Cup, the Senior Challenge Cup, and the Champions League. Our 2nd team players will be getting plenty of chances to play this year.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 04-09-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:11 AM   #114
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Friendlies

SD Galway 2, Waterford Utd 1

We dominate this match against a new Premier Division Rival, but it takes an injury time goal from Toranaghira to win it. Yohan Guichard had our other goal.

Sligo Rovers 3, SD Galway 1

The only goal we score in this one is an opponent's own goal. Some really bad performances in this one, including a 5.7 from McCarey and Murray.

SD Galway 3, Derry City 1

Collins has 2 goals and Guichard gets the other. Solid performances all around except for the continually declining Didier Caro.

SD Galway 3, Galway Utd 0

Malele, Guichard, and Amer score in a rather sluggish affair against amateur team Galway Utd. Everyone played well, but we should've won by more given the competition.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:20 AM   #115
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Here's what the depth chart will look like as we begin the new season.

GK: McCarey, Holewa
DL: Grimes, Cave, Caro
DC1: Taffertshofer, Bryan, Murray, Weiersbach
DC2: Amer, Bryan, Murray, Weiersbach
DR: Marzo, Horgan, (Amer)
DMC: Diaz, Foley, (Taffertshofer)
MC: Steele, Murawski, Lletget
AML: Meslem, McCabe, Medjkane
AMR: Guichard, Horgan, McCabe
ST1: Scannell, Torunarigha, Collins
ST2: Malele, Torunarigha, Collins

Scannell is still listed as starter, but I doubt he will remain there for the whole season due to the 36 yr old's continual decline. He is one of 4 starters who kept their spot from last year.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:12 AM   #116
larrymcg421
Head Coach

February 28, 2014

SD Galway at St. Pat's Athletic

It's finally time for our first Premier Division game. We will be without Shane Grimes as he is carrying over a 2 game suspension from last season. The St. Pat's coach says we are destined for relegation as long as I am manager of the team. What a dick. Here's hoping I can make him eat his words.

GK McCarey
FB Cave, DC Amer, DC Tattertshofer, FB Marzo
DMC Diaz
MC Steele
AML Meslem, AMR Guichard
ST Scannell, ST Malele

4': Marzo booked.

8': 8 minutes into the new season and we already have an injury. Meslem comes out and McCabe goes in.

21': On a counter, they send a cross into the box and it's headed perfectly, but McCarey makes a great play to block it.

24': St. Pat's send a free kick into the box. McCarey makes a diving stop, but they grab the rebound and put it through. 0-1

26': Scannel gets it ahead to Malele who beats his man, but Malele can't beat the keeper.

33': McCarey makes yet another brilliant stop by tipping a powerful long range shot over the bar.

37': Malele gets it in great position again on a great pass from McCabe, but once again fails to beat the keeper.

40': Marzo hurt. Awesome to have 2 injuries so early in the season. I bring in Bryan and move Amer over to right back.

41': Malele booked.

45'+2: Scannell booked.

Halftime: We've had our chances, but just haven't been able to finish them. Scannell is having a dreadful game, so I bring in Torunarigha. That's risky as it will be my last sub.

46': This is what I've been waiting for. Our superstar signee Steele makes an interception, then lifts a pass beyond the defensive line to a streaking Malele, who finally puts it away. 1-1

59': An interception from Taffertshofer leads a counter and Torunarigha gets the ball ona clear cut chance, but the keeper makes the stop.

72': Cave booked.

81': Guichard sends a corner kick in and 6'4" Torunarigha is there to head it home! 2-1

85': On a throw in, they get it in the corner and send the ball into the penalty area. Their striker slides to knock it through before our defense can clear. 2-2

Final: SD Galway 2, St. Path's Athletic 2

Goals: Malele, Torunarigha
Assists: Steele, Guichard
Top Three: Malele 7.6, Torunarigha 7.4, Taffertshofer 7.2
Worst: Scannell 6.2
Shots: 10-12
On Target: 9-5
Possession: 44%

*We did not look good in the first half, especially Scannell and our defenders. The second half went very well despite the late equalizer and we can be happy to draw our first road match in the Premier Division.

*I really liked how Torunarigha looked out there, so he will likely get the next start. Scannell may have dropped just a bit too much.

*Marzo is okay. Meslem will miss 5-6 days.

*We have now gone 26 straight competitive matches without losing. 4 more and I finally unlock a very elusive Steam Achievement.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:05 AM   #117
larrymcg421
Head Coach

*Malele named to the Team of the Week

March 8, 2014

Shelbourne (0-0-1, 11th) at SD Galway (0-1-0, 6th)

Collins gets a chance to earn his starting job back today.

GK McCarey
FB Cave, DC Amer, DC Tattertshofer, FB Marzo
DMC Diaz
MC Steele
AML McCabe, AMR Guichard
ST Torunarigha, ST Collins

21': Collins booked.

24': Collins gets it on the wing and sends a nice pass in to Torunarigha who puts it away easily! 1-0

31': Marzo booked.

33': Steele booked.

40': Diaz booked.

41': Cave booked.

Halftime: Lots of bookings. Not much action. It's good to be ahead and I encourage the team. Horgan in for a winded Marzo.

47': Guichard has a free kick from just outside the penalty area. He lifts a pass up high into the center of the penalty area and Torunarigha rushes in to head it through. 2-0

53': Amer booked.

57': Shelbourne with a corner kick. Cave mistimes his challenge and they head it in to the net. 2-1

60': Off a throw in, Torunarigha gets the ball and sends it into the penalty area. Shelbourne head it back out, but Guichard gets the deflection and quickly fires a shot that beats the keeper. 3-1

72': McCarey booked.

79': Diaz hurt. Taffertshofer moves to DMC and Bryan comes in.

89': Torunarigha booked.

Final: SD Galway 3, Shelbourne 1

Goals: Torunarigha 2, Guichard

Assists: Guichard, Collins
Top Three: Torunarigha 8.8 (MOM), Guichard 8.3, McCarey 7.2
Worst: Steele 6.8
Shots: 9-5
On Target: 4-2

*Yay, we get out first Premier Division victory and extend our unbeaten streak to 27 games.

*An insane amount of bookings. We led the league in Yellow cards last season, but we can't continue at this rate or we'll be wrecked with suspensions.

*Diaz will be out for 2 weeks.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 04-09-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #118
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Gonna switch to a new format for these so I can sim a little faster...

March 2014 Update

March 8

League: SD Galway 3, Shelbourne 1

This game is notable for the severe amount of yellow cards handed down to us. We have 8 players booked. Despite that, we pretty much control the match and go ahead on two goals from Torunarigha in his first start. They pull one back in the 57th minute on a corner kick, but Guichard makes a great play off a deflection to score the backbreaking goal.

Man of Match: Junior Torunarigha
Goals: Torunarigha 2, Guichard
Assists: Guichard, Collins
Top Three: Torunarigha 8.8, Guichard 8.3, McCarey 7.2
Worst: Steele 6.8
Notes: DMC Loick Diaz was hurt and will be out for 2 weeks.

March 11

All-Ireland Cup Quarterfinal Leg 1: SD Galway 3, Shelbourne 1

We have to rest several starters due to the short break. This means both Foley and Scannell start and they amazingly connect once again on a corner kick. Scannell has one other goal and we are cruising until Murray scores an own goal. However, they never really threaten and McCabe scores an insurance goal in the 89th minute by knocking in a cross from Malele.

Man of Match: Chris Scannell
Goals: Scannell 2, McCabe
Assists: Foley, Meslem, Malele
Top Three: Scannell 8.8, Foley 8.0, Murray 7.7
Worst: Grimes 6.8

March 14

League: SD Galway 4, Waterford Utd 1

We score twice in the first 13 minutes on the road and seem in control until they pull one back in the 27th minute on a corner. Collins follows up a play and scores on a deflection to give us some insurance just before the half. They have an own goal in the 2nd half to make it an even bigger margin. We're really rolling in the Premier Division now!

Man of Match: Junior Torunarigha
Goals: Torunarigha, Collins, McCabe
Assists: Torunarigha 3, Steele
Top Three: Torunarigha 9.3, McCabe 7.9, Collins 7.7
Worst: McCarey 6.9

March 18

All-Ireland Cup Quarterfinal Leg 2: SD Galway 1, Sligo Rovers 1

With a 3-1 lead in the first leg, we only need to avoid losing by 2 goals. It's a pretty boring affair until Guichard scores right before the half. With a defensive, counterattack strategy the rest of the match, we manage to hold down the lead until Sligo pulls one back at the 82nd minute. But that's too little, too late and we advance to the next round.

Man of Match: Yohan Guichard
Goals: Guichard
Assists: Torunarigha
Top Three: Guichard 7.6, Tattertshofer 7.1, McCabe 6.9
Worst: Marzo 6.4
Notes: This makes 30 games unbeaten, finally unlocking the Steam Achievement.

March 21

League: SD Galway 1, Sligo Rovers 1

We play Sligo for the 3rd time 10 days and they put our 30 game unbeaten streak in jeapordy when they score on a corner in the 81st minute. We go to a desperate all out attack and it pays off when Collins has a deflected shot go right to 3rd string midfielder Sebastian Lletget, who fires a shot into the corner of the net for a dramatic equalizer.

Man of Match: Jamie Adams, Sligo Rovers
Goals: Lletget
Assists: Guichard
Top Three: Lletget 7.3, Bryan 7.0, Meslem 6.9
Worst: Scannell 6.5

March 28

League: SD Galway 2, Derry City 2

We fall behind again when Derry City striker gets a perfect pass and splits our defenders for a solid finish. We manage another comeback when Torunarigha scores a nice curling shot in the 68th minute. Steele picks up a deflection and knocks it through to give us a 78th minute lead. Sadly, we could not withstand their relentless pressure and they put away a corner kick in the 87th minute.

Man of Match: Paddy McEleney, Derry City
Goals: Torunarigha, Steele
Assists: Guichard, McCabe
Top Three: Torunarigha 7.3, Steele 7.3, Diaz 7.1
Worst: Marzo 6.8

End of Month News:

We sign DC Jonathan Dunleavy ($675 p/w). Despite being deep at the spot, we have plenty of money to spend and he was too good to pass up, with solid Marking (12), Tackling (13), Jumping (13), Stamina (11). His Positioning (6) is a concern.

I finish 3rd in Manager of the Month voting.

League Standings:

W D L GF GA Pts
Sligo Rovers 3 2 0 13 4 11
Derry City 3 1 1 10 4 10
Drogheda United 3 1 1 8 7 10
SD Galway 2 3 0 12 7 9
Bohemians 3 0 2 4 7 9
Shamrock Rovers 2 1 2 5 3 7
St. Pat's Athletic 1 3 1 9 8 6
Shelbourne 2 0 3 6 9 6
U.C.D. 2 0 3 5 8 6
Cork City 1 1 3 7 8 4