Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-24-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Jerramy Stevens

Didn't see it mentioned in the NFL thread how this guy just got arrested yesterday for marijuana possession with intent to sell. I couldn't remember if that was the Washington guy that caused all the trouble for Neuheisel at Washington, so I went and looked at his Wikipedia to confirm...

...and, damn, I had no idea how much shit this guy's been in. I knew abouyt Saturday. I knew about the rape charge at Washington. He also had an assault in HS in which he and a buddy (with a bat) beat the crap out of some guy. He got a DUI in 2007 for well over two times the legal limit in AZ. He's had a couple other DUI/drug-related pull overs. And I guess he had neighbors who complained about the parties he was throwing over there, throw up on the front door, used condoms on the back porch, etc.

This guy is a serious piece of shit, ain't he?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Supposedly his parents are good folks and solid middle-class background, so it's a little harder to figure out just what set Stevens off on a bad path. Probably a significant portion is entitlement as a star athlete and the way he got away with things all throughout his career. Lambright took a chance on bringing him in to Washington after his H.S. assault case based off his family and the fact that Stevens can seem very contrite and apologetic when confronted.

Then when Neuheisel came in and Stevens blossomed on the field, he was given a long, long leash despite his off the field issues - the rape accusation (and while Stevens was never convicted of it, it's clear something bad went down that night) and then the DUI when he crashed his truck into a home for the elderly. Neuheisel came down real hard on him for that one, sitting him for the first quarter of the next game.

Getting drafted by the Seahawks was probably not in his best interests, but then again, he was probably troubled enough that he would've continued to get into trouble regardless of where he ended up.

Seems like a guy that has to hit rock bottom before he turns himself around (if ever).
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Neuheisel came down real hard on him for that one, sitting him for the first quarter of the next game.

Hmm, that's odd, I figured I would have find a whole thread dedicated to your disgust at this in 2003, but I didn't even find one protesting post...

Seriously, though, Stevens seems as likely to get himself killed or in prison before he gets a chance to turn it around.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #4
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I wonder what Joey Porter will have to say about this.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:18 PM   #5
RainMaker
General Manager

Just looked it up myself and damn, didn't know he was so bad. I knew he *allegedly* raped a chick but didn't realize he was being arrested on a regular basis.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #6
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Hmm, that's odd, I figured I would have find a whole thread dedicated to your disgust at this in 2003, but I didn't even find one protesting post...
It happened in 2001, and I knew at the time that the penalty was light. I don't see any thread from the time that discussed the incident, and at that point I wasn't in the habit of starting new threads just to bash Neuheisel.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:16 PM   #7
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

And just as a follow-up, I think it's great that Neuheisel has toughened up in terms of his disciplinary actions. Shows that he's learned a thing or two as a coach.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:49 PM   #8
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I was just joking, dawg.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #9
Atocep
Coordinator

Article the Seattle times ran on him a couple years ago. Incredible the stuff this guy more or less got away with.

Local News | Convicted of assault and accused of rape, star player received raft of second chances | Seattle Times Newspaper
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:26 PM   #10
JeeberDMack
Mascot

Out of all his crimes, his worst one is the spelling of his first name...
JeeberDMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:43 PM   #11
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Cut by Tampa Bay. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:20 AM   #12
RainMaker
General Manager

Least shocking news? Hope Solo gets engaged to Stevens after a couple months and already the police are involved. He's still a sociopath and she's still stupid.

Jerramy Stevens and Hope Solo Allegedly Fought Over Whether to Live in Washington or Florida | The Big Lead

Whoops, didn't see the other thread bumped.

Last edited by RainMaker : 11-14-2012 at 12:21 AM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #13
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

You know how every so often there's a celebrity that you randomly hate for no real reason?

Right now, Hope Solo is that celebrity for me. Can't stand her.

Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Whoops, didn't see the other thread bumped.

The entire NBA season is in one thread, but we have multiple Jerramy Stevens/Hope Solo threads?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:54 PM   #14
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hope Solo arrested on investigation of domestic violence, according to report

U.S. gold medal-winning goalkeeper Hope Solo was arrested early Saturday morning on investigation of two counts of domestic violence assault, police told the Seattle Times.

Solo, 32, is being held without bail at the SCORE misdemeanor jail in South King County.

Solo allegedly got into an argument with relatives at a family party at the home she shares with her husband, former NFL player Jerramy Stevens, in Kirkland, Washington. At some point during the altercation, according to police, Solo physically struck her sister and 17-year-old nephew.

"There were visible injuries on them," Kirkland police lieutenant Mike Murray told the Seattle Times.

Officers were called to the home because of an assault and a noise disturbance.

"There was a big party going on at her house. It was an out-of-control situation," Murray told the newspaper.

"We are aware of the situation," U.S. Soccer said in a statement. "At this point, we don't have any further comments."

Solo is expected to appear Monday at Kirkland Municipal Court.

It is not Solo's first brush with domestic violence. Her then-boyfriend Stevens was arrested in November 2012 for allegedly assaulting Solo. He was never charged and they were married the next day.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:04 PM   #15
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Hope Solo arrested on investigation of domestic violence, according to report

U.S. gold medal-winning goalkeeper Hope Solo was arrested early Saturday morning on investigation of two counts of domestic violence assault, police told the Seattle Times.

Solo, 32, is being held without bail at the SCORE misdemeanor jail in South King County.

Solo allegedly got into an argument with relatives at a family party at the home she shares with her husband, former NFL player Jerramy Stevens, in Kirkland, Washington. At some point during the altercation, according to police, Solo physically struck her sister and 17-year-old nephew.

"There were visible injuries on them," Kirkland police lieutenant Mike Murray told the Seattle Times.

Officers were called to the home because of an assault and a noise disturbance.

"There was a big party going on at her house. It was an out-of-control situation," Murray told the newspaper.

"We are aware of the situation," U.S. Soccer said in a statement. "At this point, we don't have any further comments."

Solo is expected to appear Monday at Kirkland Municipal Court.

It is not Solo's first brush with domestic violence. Her then-boyfriend Stevens was arrested in November 2012 for allegedly assaulting Solo. He was never charged and they were married the next day.

Sounds like a classy couple!
Old 06-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #16
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

UW!
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:00 PM   #17
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

Nothing like a true love story to warm your heart.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:42 PM   #18
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Somewhere a coach is licking his chops waiting for these losers to make a talented loser kid that he can cover for indiscretions and impropriety.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:45 AM   #19
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Hope Solo becoming a frequent Fox News guest with a particular focus on anti-woke sports takes seems like such an obvious endgame for her that I'm surprised we didn't see it coming sooner.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:51 AM   #20
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Dawgfan hasn't posted in almost a year...
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 11:09 AM   #21
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Come join the CJBL! We have more dawgfan.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 10:02 AM   #22
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Hope Solo arrested on DWI, child abuse charges

And the saga continues. Kind of boggles the mind that Solo/Stevens have their own thread on this forum, going back to 2010.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 10:14 AM   #23
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Hope Solo arrested on DWI, child abuse charges

And the saga continues. Kind of boggles the mind that Solo/Stevens have their own thread on this forum, going back to 2010.

Quote:
Solo married Stevens, a former tight end for the Seattle Seahawks and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, in 2012.

Congrats on 10 YEARS of wedded bliss!!!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 11:50 AM   #24
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Seriously, though, Stevens seems as likely to get himself killed or in prison before he gets a chance to turn it around.

Just seeing the thread bumped... I started at the beginning and worked my way forward, fully expecting this to be the prophetic stuff. Ugh to the whole show there.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 02:27 PM   #25
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

What?

Quote:
Vittorio Genghis and Lozen Orianna Judith Stevens