Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-15-2020, 08:37 PM   #101
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Week 10 Results

An unprecedented number of points were earned from the family visit this week.

Spoiler
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:45 PM   #102
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Week 11 Results

Well my team is most likely done and I thought Sophie had a winner's edit.

These totals are still subject to change if it comes to light that there was an un-aired reward challenge.

Spoiler
Old 04-24-2020, 12:43 AM   #103
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

wowowowow Tony! nice move! I was hating him for doublecrossing jeremy and hating jeremy for being so stupid then loving his big ballsy ousting of spohia!

"come on kid listen!"
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:36 AM   #104
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Tony's episode has to rank as one of the best in Survivor history, right?

He finds an idol, wins immunity, buys his way out of troubld with other people's tokens, and then orchestrates a flawless blindside.

He's pretty much the only power player left so we're rooting for him. We'll miss him when he gets voted out next week.
Old 04-30-2020, 03:42 AM   #105
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

whoa! I don't know what just happened there. How did that happen? Why did that happen?

I still don't understand. And all without Michelle

And wtf Jeremy why didn't you play that thing!
Old 04-30-2020, 06:26 AM   #106
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am rally hating all the jostling and talking at tribal. Wish they wouldn’t allow it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 12:39 PM   #107
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am rally hating all the jostling and talking at tribal. Wish they wouldn’t allow it.
We were commenting about the same thing. When it first started a couple seasons ago, it was a quick discussion and that was it. Now I see they reserve a longer amount of screen time for Tribal Council. Not only is it getting out of hand, I was also surprised they allowed it after Jeff counts the votes. They definitely need to rein it in. Or - cut it from what we see. Most of the time, we can't hear what they're saying anyway...
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:34 PM   #108
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Week 12 Results

Sorry guys, this slipped my mind this week.

Looking at the Survivor Wikia, it doesn't appear there was an unaired reward challenge.

Spoiler

Last edited by Racer : 05-04-2020 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:04 PM   #109
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

it was kinda fun at first. But now it's turning into bullying and crap.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:25 PM   #110
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Week 13 Results

With one week to go, CleBrownFan has emerged as the favorite to win this thing.

Note: There apparently was an unaired reward challenge during the Sophie boot episode. If we find out who this week who won, I'll retroactively reward points for that.

Spoiler

Last edited by Racer : 05-12-2020 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:52 PM   #111
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I seriously hope Natalie comes back and kicks everyone's ass
Old 05-13-2020, 07:47 AM   #112
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I seriously hope Natalie comes back and kicks everyone's ass

That would be a terrible result. The first boot winning is absurd. Especially since she has a huge advantage in the final return challenge because she's been able to collect all these tokens for advantages. Nick, who made it further in the game, had zero chance to win a single token on the Edge. He's essentially punished for making it futher.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:49 AM   #113
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
That would be a terrible result. The first boot winning is absurd. Especially since she has a huge advantage in the final return challenge because she's been able to collect all these tokens for advantages.
Yeah, she's been great on the Edge and I hope she wins the big challenge to get back, but if she takes the whole thing then I think I'm done. Here's hoping that the jury would realize this is supposed to be the ultimate best-of-the-best showdown, and not give the title to somebody who lasted three days.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:42 PM   #114
molson
General Manager

Not sure I ever posted about this here, but I had a 20-minute drunken conversation with Ben on my 40th birthday last year on the phone. A friend of mine knew him from when they both lived in the McCall, Idaho, area. Me and the friend talked about him and Survivor a time or two, and then at my 40th birthday party, my friend called him, and said, "hey man, my buddy's 40 today, he says Survivor was rigged and CBS planted all those idols - here he is!", and then he puts me on the phone with him. I don't think Survivor is rigged in that way. But my drunk friend just thought that was hilarious to throw me on the phone like that. Before I could say anything, Ben went on a mini-rant about how those theories piss him off and how ridiculous there were. It was whole speech that he clearly has given before. I was listening, trying to figure out if that was really him, or if this was a prank, and if it was former, why does he care so much what I think? Anyway, after about 10 minutes, it was very clearly him, we chatted a little longer, and that was it.

Despite that connection, I think he's the only contestant left I really don't like. He is an intense, emotional, sensitive guy, and especially after that phone call, I can just feel the awkwardness some of the other contestants have with him.

I'd love to see Tony pull it off. I will enjoy perusing the chaos of the Survivor subreddit if someone from Edge of Extinction somehow takes it, though, it's hard to see Survivor veteran winners voting that way. I really liked the feel of Edge of Extinction this season, it did seem like a grueling place to be, and the nature of the challenges added to that feel. But, it's just not the same game that the real players are playing.

Last edited by molson : 05-13-2020 at 02:55 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:27 PM   #115
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

That is an amazing story.

I am pulling for Tony. Michelle and I grew up in the same town in Jersey, but I don't think she has much of a chance.

I think the most interesting thing for me is to see if Sarah makes a move and votes Tony out. She has to know she can't beat him.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:15 PM   #116
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Yeah, she's been great on the Edge and I hope she wins the big challenge to get back, but if she takes the whole thing then I think I'm done. Here's hoping that the jury would realize this is supposed to be the ultimate best-of-the-best showdown, and not give the title to somebody who lasted three days.

I think if an EoE person makes it to the end they are the front runner to win unfortunately.

Someone like Natalie, Parvati, or Tyson (the three with the best edits on EoE) had most of the game to bond with fellow jury members.

In addition, any person staying on EoE would need to rationalize internally that they were deserving of winning if they made it back into the game and made it to the final 3. Thus a person on EoE would naturally be much more willing to vote for someone else who had also been there and been part of that experience.

I'm really hoping for a Tony, Sarah, or Michele win tonight because I really don't want someone from EoE winning even though I really like Parvati, Ethan, Wendell, Adam, Kim, and Jeremy. Based on the story we've been shown, Denise and/or Ben might make it to the final three but neither one is winning.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:44 AM   #117
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

welp seeya maple leafs, been nice knowing ya
Old 05-14-2020, 02:07 PM   #118
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
welp seeya maple leafs, been nice knowing ya
No I'm good, Natalie made it back and to the final three but they picked the right winner.

(I did enjoy her pitch to the jury that making it back from Edge to the final three was something nobody thought would be possible. Uh yeah, other than literally the only other time they did this twist, and the guy won.)
Old 05-14-2020, 02:32 PM   #119
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
No I'm good, Natalie made it back and to the final three but they picked the right winner.

(I did enjoy her pitch to the jury that making it back from Edge to the final three was something nobody thought would be possible. Uh yeah, other than literally the only other time they did this twist, and the guy won.)

i was just messin with you, hoping to at least scare you for a second
Old 05-14-2020, 05:27 PM   #120
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Finale Results

Note: There apparently was an unaired reward challenge during the Sophie boot episode which was final 9. Presumably, four people won reward. However, given that CleBrownsFan leads everyone by more then 4 points, we can declare a winner.

Congrats to CleBrownsFan on winning the draft! Also, congrats to 2nd place finisher Larrymcg421 who still managed to double up each of the three remaining teams.

1. Team CleBrownsFan
1. #5 Yul Kwon: 8 + 0 = 8
2. #6 Sarah Lacina: 29 + 4 (in main game in finale) + 2 (survived final 6) + 2 (survived final 5) = 37 points
3. #15 Tony Vlachos: 35 + 4 (in main game in finale) + 2 (played idol) + 2 (survived final 6) + 2 (final 5 immunity) + 2 (survived final 5) + 2 (survived final 4) + 50 (won Winners at War) = 99 points
4. #16 Ben Driebergen: 30 + 4 (in main game in finale) + 2 (played idol) + 2 (survived final 6) = 38 points
Total: 182 points

2. Team Larrymcg421
1. #3 Jeremy Collins: 27 + 0 = 27
2. #8 Michele Fitzgerald: 32 + 4 (in main game in finale) + 2 (final 6 immunity) + 2 (survived final 6) + 2 (survived final 5) + 2 (survived final 4) + 15 (3rd place) = 58 points
3. #13 Kim Spradlin-Wolfe: 28 + 0 = 28
4. #18 Natalie Anderson:7 + 4 (return from EoE) + 4 (in main game in finale) + 2 (played an idol at 6) + 2 (survived final 6) + 2 (played idol at 5) + 2 (survived final 5) + 2 (won final 4 immunity) + 2 (survived final 4) + 25 (Runner-up) = 52 points
Total: 165 points

3. Team Racer
1. #4 Wendell Holland:13 + 0 = 13
2. #7 Denise Stapley: 37 + 4 (in main game in finale) + 0 = 41 points
3. #14 Ethan Zohn: 4 + 0 = 4
4. #17 Sophie Clarke: 22 + 0 = 22
Total: 80 points

4. Team CrimsonFox
1. #2 Tyson Apostol: 21 + 0 = 21
2. #9 Adam Klein: 15 + 0 = 15
3. #12 Danni Boatwright: 3 + 0 = 3
4. #19 Nick Wilson: 30 + 0 = 30
Total: 69 points

5. Team General Mike
1. #1 Parvati Shallow: 9 + 0 = 9
2. #10 Rob Mariano: 6 + 0 = 6
3. #11 Sandra Diaz-Twine: 6 + 0 = 6
4. #20 Amber Mariano: ) = 0 + 0 = 0
Total: 21 points
Old 05-14-2020, 11:54 PM   #121
Mota
College Benchwarmer

My wife and I both feel that after 40 seasons of survivor that we've had enough. This is a fitting end, to watch an all-winners season almost go off the rails, but thankfully the best player ended up winning.

That was one unbalanced game. There should have been 2 separate sections of EoE, and then they should have reset the rosters to prevent what happened from occurring. Halfway through the game, they allow someone back in, and then the rest go home. Then once they get to jury, they start sending people to EoE again and a final person makes it back in that was recently evicted. The fact that Natalie who hadn't played the game the entire season was dropped into the finale with an idol was insane. If she would've won the game, you might as well cancel Survivor. Thankfully she didn't.

But the problem was that all of the favorites were on EoE. I had commented earlier on the thread that I'd rather watch the EoE show, and they could have the actual Survivor game in a picture-in-picture in the corner. Threats were eliminated, and eliminated quickly. So to keep the fan faves like Parvati and Rob, they had to keep EoE going all season long to keep giving them air time.

There were some great moments though. The moment between Sarah and Tony at the fire making ceremony was very touching. They played an extremely loyal game to each other, and that's probably something you can only get with a returning season.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 04:13 AM   #122
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Natalie messed up by targetting Ben instead of Sarah
Old 05-15-2020, 09:41 PM   #123
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Can't stand that little weasel who won. Was hoping Natalie was going to win it.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 09:57 PM   #124
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

What an all time horrible take.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:39 AM   #125
Kodos
Resident Alien

Tony was very deserving of the win. He played a great game.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:58 AM   #126
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

Quote:
What an all time horrible take.

To elaborate.

You really wanted someone who literally played the game for 3 days to win? I take nothing away from her performance on EOE, but the game is still survivor and she didn't play.

I am flabbergasted anyone could call Tony a weasel. That guy plays the game with just as much joy as anyone, if not more. What exactly about him is weasley? He has fun, plays well, but doesn't take it seriously. I thought his reaction to beating Sarah at the fire challenge was one of the most genuine shows of emotion I have ever seen on the show.

Last edited by Lathum : 05-16-2020 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:32 AM   #127
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
My wife and I both feel that after 40 seasons of survivor that we've had enough. This is a fitting end, to watch an all-winners season almost go off the rails, but thankfully the best player ended up winning.

That was one unbalanced game. There should have been 2 separate sections of EoE, and then they should have reset the rosters to prevent what happened from occurring. Halfway through the game, they allow someone back in, and then the rest go home. Then once they get to jury, they start sending people to EoE again and a final person makes it back in that was recently evicted. The fact that Natalie who hadn't played the game the entire season was dropped into the finale with an idol was insane. If she would've won the game, you might as well cancel Survivor. Thankfully she didn't.

But the problem was that all of the favorites were on EoE. I had commented earlier on the thread that I'd rather watch the EoE show, and they could have the actual Survivor game in a picture-in-picture in the corner. Threats were eliminated, and eliminated quickly. So to keep the fan faves like Parvati and Rob, they had to keep EoE going all season long to keep giving them air time.

There were some great moments though. The moment between Sarah and Tony at the fire making ceremony was very touching. They played an extremely loyal game to each other, and that's probably something you can only get with a returning season.

The ending felt like End Game did for me for the MCU. Both felt like fitting ends. I'll keep watching both though.

I am really happy that Tony won. He seems like a really good guy.

I may have said this previously, but if they ever do the Edge of Extinction twist again, I really hope they end it at the merge. It breaks the game otherwise. Natalie had 30+ days to bond with the jury and then was given an idol upon reentry. It also reduces the amount of screen time for the main game which leads to some poorly edited votes like the Tyson votes where the sides were very poorly explained.

I would be okay with a pre-merge only Edge of Extinction. From everything I've read, the audition process to get on the show is grueling and some of the players have to quit their jobs to go on the show. Whoever wins the challenge gets back into the game while everyone else who doesn't goes on the pre jury trip.

A few changes other changes I'd like to see the show make:

1. Get rid of the final four fire making challenge. I think it makes it to easy for big personalities players to make it to the end then. The show just needs to do a better job of editing why players like Michele when they win.

2. If an idol is played, it doesn't go back into play until after the following tribal council. For example, if an idol is played at final 9, it goes back into play after players return from the final 8 tribal council. This would prevent players from idoling their way to the end like Natalie did this season and Ben did in Triple H.

3. I'm okay with final 3s most of the time but possibly throw in final 2s every once in a while.
Old 05-16-2020, 11:10 AM   #128
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Tony is without a doubt the best combination of strategic player and entertaining player the show has ever had.

Old 05-16-2020, 11:44 AM   #129
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Also that final challenge showed how unfair the tokens on the edge aspect was. Natalie had such a huge advantage in that final challenge over people who arrived to the Edge after her. Nick had zero chance to earn any tokens. She struggled at the beginning of the challenge and was only bailed out by her advantages.

Old 05-16-2020, 12:06 PM   #130
Kodos
Resident Alien

I kinda liked the whole when you're out, you're out era.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:43 PM   #131
Racer
College Benchwarmer

By the way, if anyone is interested in watching former Survivor players play another similar social strategy game called Sequester, this is happening next Saturday, May 23rd at 8 pm EST.

Former Survivor Players To Compete On Sequester : Inside Survivor

I watched the Big Brother version of this from a few weeks ago. It was fun but a bit long (5+ hours). Sequester is also a game where you vote people out but the voting rules change every single round. For example, one round the person eliminated may be the person with the highest number of even number of votes while the next round it might be the person with the most votes less then say 7 votes.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:49 PM   #132
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Johnny Fairplay! <3
Old 05-16-2020, 03:55 PM   #133
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I am at least glad we were spared ANY possibility of Sarah winning.
SHe was so annoying. So really bad. All the crying and telling everyone to vote for Tony. I seriously don't know how some of these people won their season. Tony played her very well. I loved it when he voted out her partner out so he could have solo access to her loyalty.
Granted I kinda aggree with Eagle in the sense that I didn't like how he was acting some of the time.

I still wanted Denise to win...and maybe on the outside Ben.

But Ben was all stupid and made up this crying moment for sarah.

That was so lucky for Nat

Michelle had zero chance since she had the same underdog story as Nat but Nat was the bigger underdog.

This is why Nat failed...She needed to try and have TOny vs. Sarah arguing in final 3 to split those votes.

On the other hand the other better move was to have Michelle do the fire challenge vs Tony as she had a better chance of beating him.

Such a mistake to let Michelle get a freebie just because you liked her, which seemed to be the reason. It seems clear watching that Nat had a better win chance than michelle but I don't think Nat even considered that...at least it wasn't shown.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:55 PM   #134
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

[quote=Lathum;3281470]To elaborate.

You really wanted someone who literally played the game for 3 days to win? I take nothing away from her performance on EOE, but the game is still survivor and she didn't play.
/QUOTE]

I would say she had more impact on the game than most other players in the game.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:04 PM   #135
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: As for Tony, total swarmy weasel. Unfortunately I have no clue how many if these players won their seasons. Poor play all around and too many freaking idols led to this. Had hoped they would have learned their lesson on the number of idols after that season where someone was "voted out" simply because everyone else had an idol.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:09 PM   #136
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Personally, if they keep that extinction island style I would rather see them have a tribal for that island as well so it doesn't end like that first time where the jury liked the person they spent time with, without backstabbing.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:54 PM   #137
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't get the reasoning for continuing to do Extinction Island stuff. It seems like some sort of admission that the regular game no longer is "Survivor-y" enough. "Imagine, being stuck on an island with hardly anything but needing to survive to win!" Yeah, that's supposed to be the regular game.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 06:28 PM   #138
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Hi Autumn! <3 It's been too long!
Old 05-17-2020, 10:27 AM   #139
Autumn
Head Coach

Hey! Same.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:25 AM   #140
molson
General Manager

I feel like this time, they had to really stretch it out because they were going to get more of the big names if they guaranteed nobody would be out of the game before the end unless they quit.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 12:42 PM   #141
Autumn
Head Coach

In a way Sandra's the real winner for being the only one who was like, "No thanks, I'm out."
Old 05-17-2020, 09:22 PM   #142
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I don't get the reasoning for continuing to do Extinction Island stuff.
The first time, it was a big twist they hadn't done before. They like to try something new every year, and this was creative even though it didn't work.

This time, they had to do it because of all the returning players. Not only did they want to make sure they could keep showing Rob and Ethan and Tyson and whoever else, but apparently several players refused to come back if they weren't assured that they'd be in the game (and on TV) the whole season.

(All of which is to say, here's hoping they never feel the need to do it again.)
Old 05-19-2020, 07:09 AM   #143
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Also that final challenge showed how unfair the tokens on the edge aspect was. Natalie had such a huge advantage in that final challenge over people who arrived to the Edge after her. Nick had zero chance to earn any tokens. She struggled at the beginning of the challenge and was only bailed out by her advantages.

The better you did in the game, the worse chance you had at coming back. You are 100% correct here.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 04:49 PM   #144
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Yeah - I'm not a fan of the whole Edge of Extinction isle at all. But I understand having to use it to keep the returning winners around for the entire season. I'd rather it go away and not return. But at the very least, maybe you have the Challenge to come back when the tribes merge. One and done. The rest are out. And anyone voted out after the merge is also out.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 04:52 PM   #145
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The first time, it was a big twist they hadn't done before. They like to try something new every year, and this was creative even though it didn't work.

This time, they had to do it because of all the returning players. Not only did they want to make sure they could keep showing Rob and Ethan and Tyson and whoever else, but apparently several players refused to come back if they weren't assured that they'd be in the game (and on TV) the whole season.

(All of which is to say, here's hoping they never feel the need to do it again.)

Most of the players said in their pregame press that they didn't like Edge of Extinction. I think Rob and maybe 2 or 3 others were for it.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:10 AM   #146
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Most of the players said in their pregame press that they didn't like Edge of Extinction. I think Rob and maybe 2 or 3 others were for it.
I hadn't heard that. But if Rob (and let's say Parvarti and Tyson or whichever big names that bring in viewers) want it, and the Sophies and Bens and Michelles of the world don't, you have to have it.