Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-26-2015, 07:30 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Blood Bowl II Dynasty - The Skin Ragers - DONE?!?!

My new Bloodbowl team:

The Skin Ragers
Lizardman

6 Saurus
5 Skink
3 Rerolls

Saurus - A strong and sturdy 4 strength brawler, with 6 movement, 1 agility, and 9 armor. No skills. Unlike many high STR guys (such as Flesh Golems and Mummies) Saurus are more mobile. They have no skills though, and with just a 1 agility, it can be hard to score with one with the ball, limiting the potential SPP you can get from scoring. That skill-less beater is both a feature of the team, and the weakness. You can have up to 6 on your roster, I have the full 6.

Skink - The small and fast Skink is 8 movement, 2 strength, 3 agility, and 7 toughness, with dodge and stunty. Stunty is a characteristic that a lot of smaller races have - Halflings, Goblins, Snotlings, etc. It means that when they dodge from a player's tackle zone to another, there are no minues, and they can more easily move around big guys. They get -1 when they pass the ball, and if they are tackled, on a 7 they are knocked out and a 9 are wounded, rather than the normal 8 and 10. They are small, fragile, but the only ball carriers on the team. However, Skinks are the best stunty out there.

There is a big guy, the giant Kroxigor, and we'll get him later. I am maximizing my rerolls to start since they re so valuable. We need them a lot for ball possession and such, with skill less Saurus more likely to need help with a block/self tackle result or a Skink more likely to not hhold onto the ball.

So I have a ball carrier that's only a fragile stunty, and skill less beaters. That's teh challenge of a lizardman team. It can sometimes play like a fast run team such as the Skaven, with the Skink as your pacey dodgey runner, and sometimes as a smashing team leading with the Saurus (and later the Kroxigor).

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 09-26-2015 at 09:13 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here are my players:

Saurus:

Ixidor

Serpentra

Binabiq

Qanuc

Tloctlan

Oztec

Skinks:

Chaq of the River

Laz of the Sun

Conqa of the Moon

Coalt of the Viper

Kai of the Lake

6 of those were the random choices. Most of the Sauruses I chose. I randomed the Skinks though.

We have 40k in gold left post-purchases, and we'll use that for an Apothecary after our first match.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:47 PM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Motto - Lord of the Scales!

Our home stadium is named the Lizard Drome

I head out to sign a sponsor.

We sign with Talisman 'R Us a witchcraft store.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:38 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Skin Ragers have been entered in a quick 8 team, single elimination Cup, in order to work out the skinks of the team. Most of the teams are new ones as well, using this Cup as a way to begin things.

Our first opponent is the Chaos team Savage Beasts

They have a Minotaur, 3 Chaos Warriors, 7 Beastmen, and 2 rerolls.

Let's start the match!

Our team will be kicking off. We begin with three Saurus on the line, Skinks behind them, and folks on the edge. We get a high kick, they move their Minotaur under the ball in the back of teh endzone, but it can;t catch it.

And we are off!

On their first turn, they bring a few players to the line, fumble a pick up in their endzone and burn a reroll to grab it, and then blitz our Saurus down, and then get the both down result on teh line with another and that's a turnover.

Now if I were a pace-ier coach, I would use this as an opportunity to slip my faster units behind their open line and get near the ball carrier, a beastman near the end zone. And we are a fast team for a bashier side of things. Is there a place of opportunity?

I rise my 2 Saurus. I slip a Saurus and 2 skins down each flank. I blitz but fail to help out at the line, and then end my turn.

They begin to cage, and then their Minotaur's Wild Animal doens't work, ad they burn a reroll to use it again, still fails, and now our foe is reroll less for the rest of the half, we still have all three. They blitz and tackle and stun Serpentra, and then tackle a Skink, do some more positioning, and then fail a go for it to place a 3rd player on the cage around the ball carrier. That's a turnover. We have an opportunity.

I bring in the Saurus and 2 Skinks from the far flank to base some cage-folks. I stand up the tackled Skink. Now it's time to get that ball. I blitz in, get two skulls, and then reroll and get that tackle, and drop the Beastman. One of the nearby Skinks that's already moved catches the ball. I didn;t want that. It wasn't on the ball, but it bounced around a bit. I finish by tackling someone at the line with a Saurus, and fleeing with tw
o Skinks from tackle zones to get near our foes.

They blitz with the nearby Minotaur on our Skink, and despite 3 dice, roll just a pushback. But on the frezny second tackle stuns it and breaks out the ball. Minotaur picks up the ball. Tackles on a Skink,

After moving around, and tackling a Beastman next to him, I have skinks and Sauruses next to the Minotaur and its friends, so I have a 2 die block from a Saurus. Here we go. Tackle made, Minotaur down, ball freed. I slip a Skink out from the line and make two dodges with stunty and grab the ball.

We can;t protect the ball much though. They base the ball carrier, fail to stand the Minotaur with Wild Animal, and then blitz with a three die and get pushback and two doge tackles, since we have dodge, we're safe. We weren;t next to any of their units, so that's the only tackle that can come our way.They drop a Skink and a Saurus back at the line and then pass the turn after some piositioning.

Now Kai of the Lake has teh ball. We are nice spaces from the endzone,m and with a speed of 8, that's possible. Feasible. I tackle free a Saurus at the lien and move it near the Skink an move over another, I dodge back with teh Skink to get away from the two markers, and then hide behind teh Sauruses. I dodge with one Skink, but eh last Skink I try to dodge with is knocked down by a Beastman near the endzone. Conqa of the Moon has died!

Well that's annoying.

They stand a few players, and without Conqa on the field anymore, their Beastman in the endzone blitzes Kai but just knocks him back. They finish their 5th turn after dropping a Saurus of ours.

I blitz the Beastman off the defender, drop someone with another Saurus, and then Kai of teh lake scores - 1-0.

We are down a player, and teh kickoff has a quick snap, they get a chance to move their team a bit to react to eh ball. After some positioning, and before they begin tackling,tehy fail to pickup teh ball and it's a turnover Ball is deep into their area.

I KO a beastman at the line with a Saurus, slip a Skink to get near the ball carrier. I dodge another right through the line of scrimmage. I fail a go for it with a third Skink and it falls, turnover. Coali of the Viper is stunned.

Their Minotaur ko's Binabiq, the Saurus, and then we lose two Saurus at the line. They pick up the ball too. I fail on our first dodge and then turn the ball over to them.

They drop a Saurus and Skink and the their turn is over. We tackle a few players,a and it's half time.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:13 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After the first half, we get back our knocked out Saurus, so we have 9 players on the pitch, and we begin with the ball as well. I set up with a lot of guys on the line, looking for 2 die blocks early.

We get a brilliant coaching result on the die and a free reroll. We have 4 this half now. I tackle two Beasts and 2 Chaos Warriors on the line, although I used up a reroll doing so. We fail to pick up teh ball with Kai, and that's turnover.

They blitz in and hit Laz of teh Sun and stun him. That's their turn. They followed the blitz and brought two Beastman near Kai.

I need to use Kai first to pickup while I still have a reroll active. You can only use up one reroll per turn. Kai fails, fails the reroll, and the ball falls. Turnover.

They Blitz and hit Kai and...Kai of the River has been seriously injured. -1 to movement from now on. They grab the ball with another Beastman. They make a pair of go for its to bring a Chaos Warrior to the scrum. and then get a double skull on the line and our Saurus drops them.

I have one chance. I move a Skink over to guard, and i blitz a Saurus from teh line over, but I have to make 2 go for its to hit with a 2 attack dice blitz. That's risky. Can I do it? I get there, and just get two arrows, so I reroll, and get the dodge tackle as one,and my foe, minus dodge, is dropped. I get double skulls on a block myself on the line and my Saurus drops and we end the turn before the Saurus I was freeing up to get over to help out.

He positions some players, fails a dodge to move to the ball, uses a reroll, and fails teh dodge again. Turnover.

I position a Saurus to drop a Beastman into the crowd (off the board pushes a player into the crowd and they get an injury check) and KO's an enemy player. Tloctlan gets a knock out from a tackle near the line as well. Our Saurus in the rear pushes a Beastman off the ball. After moving over a Skink, I get a both tackle result on the line and end our turn.

They move in a Beastman to grab the ball, but with our Saurus and a Skink on the far side, they can;t pick it up, nor can they when a reroll is used, their last one is gone. Turnover

I move players back to support our team in the scrum. I drop that Beastman from the ball. Tlocltan blitzes down a Chaos warrior, and I'm thinking about slipping a Skink in there to grab the ball. It's just turn 13. I don;t though. I pass the turn.

They drop a Skink and two Saurii, including the one we had on the ball. Next turn. Ixidor blitzes in and pushes the Beastman and bases the ball as well. Qamac bases the ball and some foes too. Another tackle at the line and then we pass.

They blitz Serpentra at the line with their Minotaur, hit, he is injured.....and Seprentra has died as well. I blitz a few players and then pick up the ball, and secure Chaq of the River behind two Saurus.

On their final turn, they dodge with a Beastamn on Chaq, make it, make a second block, with the support they have just one die (with a Saurus guarding) and then they hit and......Chaq is injured and will miss next game with a broken jaw.

So....ummm....

Well, we win 1-0! Yay!

But this team is unplayable.

This dynasty is over. All we had was the MVP and one TD, no casualties no other SPP< we gained 40k, not enough for one Saurus, right now I'm missing two Skinks, one dead, one with less movement, and a dead Saurus and no apothecary.

I delete the Skin Ragers.

That team, and this dynasty is concluded.