Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-19-2008, 08:29 AM   #351
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Good luck to all of you...

My buddy just got me going back to the gym...I was down to about 159 lbs (5'7" at 32 years)...but once my girlfriend moved in and distractions...I went up to about 170.

The first week was rough, but good...I've already lost a pound....

My job keeps me moving around a lot, so cardio is good (up 4 flights, down 4 flights).

I'm trying to eat right...fast food really hasn't been in the equation for over a year.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:34 PM   #352
Radii
Head Coach

Starting weight: 349.0 (8/6)
Last Week: 344.5 (8/13)
Current: 340.1 (8/20)

Solid, steady week. I got in a half hour on the bike a few days and generally did better getting some exercise in.

I had a followup visit with my doctor this week, my blood pressure was normal and he looked at my blood sugar readings that I'd been taking from the last week and a half and was very pleased, no need to go on any meds for that for now. My cholesterol is also slightly high but the doc said that it was not high enough to worry about right now and with minimal weight loss and exercise will be fine. He was very pleased with the start I'm off to. I go back in 6 weeks, if I continue to drop the pounds he thinks we'll either lower the dose on the blood pressure meds or get rid of them entirely.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:10 PM   #353
Radii
Head Coach

Starting weight: 349.0 (8/6)
Last Week: 340.1 (8/20)
Current Weight: 333.0 (8/27)

I had an outstanding week this week, better than either of my first two. Two changes this week.

1) I started using foodsdatabase.com to track everything I eat and set a weight goal. I set an initial goal to get down to 299 pounds by Dec 31. According to foodsDB, I should be able to do that eating ~2050 calories/day, or a bit more if I'm exercising as well. I've been eating less than that most days, not really on purpose, but the #1 benefit of a low carb eating style is that it really does curb your appetite quite a bit. When I'm eating lots of bad stuff/sugar/drinking sodas I am constantly paying attention to how hungry I am because I have ups and downs and hunger spikes where I go from feeling satisfied to feeling like I haven't eaten in a week over the course of 45 minutes. Now sometimes I just forget to have a snack/meal because my body isn't screaming for extra food, which is a much better problem to have.

2) I started the hundred pushup challenge(back when it was on sportsdigs ). You'd think I'm working out 30-45 minutes a day to have lost 7 pounds this week, but nope. I did pushups 3 days this week, went walking once(on the same day as one of the pushups) and uh, that's it. I really need to be out walking 3-4 nights a week, if not 7. But right now, that is only a minor downside to an otherwise great start.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:20 PM   #354
Logan
Head Coach

Awesome work Radii.

Forgot to update this week, but as of Tuesday I was 193, or 3 lbs above my December goal . Obviously I'm losing weight faster than I thought, and I think that's because I've added more lifting/pushups to my exercise routine.

I'm getting pretty close to where I would like my weight to be, but the bigger challenge will be strengthening my body.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:09 PM   #355
PilotMan
Head Coach

So it was Sept of '06 when I first posted on here. It has been a challenging couple of years, and sad to say, I was not able to maintain what I set out to do. In fact, I not only regained the weight that I had lost but I just kept right on going. A little more than a month ago, I joined Weight Watchers with my wife. At that time, I tipped the scales at just over 293lbs. I think that seeing my weight that close to 300 just shocked me a little.

I have been going well since I started, and weighed in last week at about 278. I have a big frame, and can hide the weight. In fact, a lot of people that I talk to think that I am maybe 250, but can't believe that I am as heavy as I really am.

According to the height/weight/age charts, my ideal weight is somewhere around 195-200lbs. To that seems really thin. I think that if I could just get to 220 or 215 that would be good. Still anything is better than where I am now.

I would like to be back to 260 by Christmas, that would be a little over 30 pounds. I will keep you posted. For me, I just need one day at a time.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:42 AM   #356
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wow, hard to believe it had been over two months since someone posted in this thread.

I had posted in this thread back before our baby girl arrived; she is now 18 months old. My weight had slowly but surely gone back up following her arrival, from a low of about 170 up as high as 185. Since I was 188 before I started trying to lose weight, this was a little disconcerting. But work had been busy, bad habits (too much Coke, too many bad choices eating out) had set back in, and I wasn't finding time on the treadmill.

About two weeks ago I got sick and lost my appetite for a few days. I went from 185 down to 178, and I've managed to keep the weight off. The doctor gave me some pills that had a high dose of caffeine in them, so I went without Coke for a few days. Since getting off the medication I've leveled out at one per day and will try to keep shrinking that number. And I've tried to work on portion control with my meals, reminding myself it is OK not to finish everything when I'm not truly hungry.

Work looks like it will be a little less busy this month, so I'm going to try and get the treadmill back into the mix a couple of times per week. If I can do this I think I can probably get back down to 170 by the end of the year. That is the goal, for now.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:34 AM   #357
Logan
Head Coach

Good luck guys.

I've settled into the 185-188 range. I'm still not where I want to be as far as how I look (still excess fat and I need to build muscle), but I'm not gonna lie, it's great being able to go into nice stores and buying a size large shirt and having it fit well. I needed some new jeans (I bought size 38 when I was on my way down in weight), threw on size 36 and they felt good, but when I put on 35s and they still felt good I was actually shocked.

You guys will be able to do it. Recognizing that you want to is obviously step 1, and it seems like you have your heads in the right place as far as what needs to be cut out. If at any time you don't think it's possible, think of me. I was 335 lbs when I was about 19 years old, and in really 2 chunks over a 6-year timeframe, I dropped 150 lbs. ANYTHING is possible.

YES WE CAN!

Last edited by Logan : 11-06-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:47 PM   #358
PilotMan
Head Coach

I had my weight in today, and lost 3.4 pounds this week. That brings my current weight to 274.6. And a total loss of 18.7 for 5 full weeks. My goal for next week is to break the 20 pound total loss. Needing only 1.3 that is certainly attainable. Hopefully I can do better than that, and get a good head start to the next 5 pound goal.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:37 PM   #359
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
Okie dokie, apparently working and trying to follow a diet was too much for me. Luckily, my contract ends on Friday and I'll have time to actually plan my meals and whatnot.

God I'm such a slacker.

Well, I weighed myself yesterday after coming back from our Thanksgiving vacation and was horrified at the large number on the scale. Since Curves really helped me the first time, I called and asked if they have any current specials. The manager told me how much everything would cost and when I told her who I was, she gave me $50 off the registration fee and the month of December would be free.. pretty kickass of her to do that, I wasn't expecting her to.

I went today, got measured and was stunned at the difference in numbers from the last time I went. Ugh, what a disgrace. What's interesting though is that my bust and arms are smaller than the first time I got measured back in October of 2006.

The manager also gave me this book which is sort of a diet book that I'm gonna look over. She said most of the members follow the diet and recommended it to me... she wasn't pushy or anything, it was more of a suggestion.

If you're still reading, thanks. So the ultimate goal for me is to lose 16 lbs. by the end of the month. It's a pretty lofty goal, but I'll be just as happy if I lose 10. I know it's possible, I've done it before.

Last edited by Lorena : 12-03-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:55 PM   #360
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good luck with that goal, Lorena. Hope you do a little better than me.

My work got really, really busy again and will likely stay that way for awhile. I've worked in some treadmill time and I've got the Coca-Cola intake down to about one every two days, but the weight is not coming off. Guess I am going to have to buckle down on portion control, or just hope that the extra 1,500 or so calories per week getting burned on the treadmill stat to translate into lost pounds sometime soon.

Weigh-in this morning was 179, or one pound more than when I posted back on 11-6. So 170 by end of year looks like a real long shot, but I'll be very frustrated if I'm not able to get down below 175 and keep it there through the holidays.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:25 AM   #361
Lorena
Unregistered

Okay, it's been a week and in spite of some bad eating choices, I managed to lose 3.6 lbs. and on track to lose the monthly goal of 10 (or possibly) 15 lbs. Yay!
Old 12-17-2008, 04:52 PM   #362
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Okay, it's been a week and in spite of some bad eating choices, I managed to lose 3.6 lbs. and on track to lose the monthly goal of 10 (or possibly) 15 lbs. Yay!

From then 'til now, I lost 0.4 lbs, so that makes it 4 lbs. in 2 weeks. Not quite where I wanna be, but it's not a gain so I'll take it.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:10 AM   #363
JeeberD
General Manager

I'll be hopping back into this thread after the holidays. Since getting promoted at work, I've been a freakin' glutton ('cause, you know, I get free food at work) and have put on more weight than I care to know. And there's no use starting a diet/exercise plan in the middle of the holiday season....

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #364
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
I'll be hopping back into this thread after the holidays. Since getting promoted at work, I've been a freakin' glutton ('cause, you know, I get free food at work) and have put on more weight than I care to know. And there's no use starting a diet/exercise plan in the middle of the holiday season....

I hear ya, I thought to myself, why the hell am I starting? But to be honest, I haven't been at all good... I've eaten a lot of stuff I shouldn't but I keep an eye on portion control and I drink a lot... mostly sugar free drinks or fat free milk. Honestly I don't know how I lost weight considering the junk I ate, but Curves has really helped me.

Last edited by Lorena : 12-18-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:07 PM   #365
Icy
Pro Starter

I should join this after the holidays too now that my life is again more stable with our baby being already one year old, so i can get back to running, etc.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:23 PM   #366
Izulde
Head Coach

Count me as another one who's joining this thread after the holidays. When I was at the health clinic a couple weeks ago, I was horrified to be over 200 pounds for the first time in my life. 202 pounds, to be exact.

It was doubly depressing because last fall when I left for Spain, I weighed 197. When I came back to the US in December, I weighed 170 and looked the best I had in years.

One year was all it took to gain that weight back and then some and I'm not a guy who eats very much.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Last edited by Izulde : 12-30-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #367
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

This thread looks like it has died out the past few months, so I figured I would revive it with my own entry to it.

I'm 6'0" and pretty much went from highschool until my late 20s weighing between 195 and 205 and being in pretty decent shape. I found a few years ago when my wife was in the hospital for a few months, that my diet and lack of exercise did me in. I went from 210 to close to 235 during that time. The worst part was I pretty much got addicted to sodas and was drinking nearly 7 or 8 20oz bottles a day while sitting there in the hospital. That habit continued for me after she got out of the hospital to the point of me having nearly 6-7 20oz bottles of soda a day while working.

I have never really been a huge snackfood person or junk food. I don't really like to eat many sweets and don't like chocolate either. After she got out of the hospital, I got back into my normal activities (playing softball, tennis, biking, etc) but the excessive amount of cokes caused my weight to increase more and more. Finally after hitting 260 I decided enough was enough.

Starting Jan 1st, I changed my behavior only slightly. I decided that I wasn't going to go on any fad diet or do anything that I would eventually get tired of. I simply decided I would cut my cokes down to only 1 20oz bottle a day (with my lunch). Plus I would start working out every morning for 30+ minutes of cardiovascular activity (in addition to my other athletic activites).

We got a wii fit but after 2 weeks of that, I pretty much stopped doing the activities on it and stick to my elliptical trainer instead. I purely use the wii fit for a scale that keeps track of my progress.

My wife is kicking my butt so far in her weight loss, in the 2 months since, she's lost about 25 pounds and is only 3 pounds away from her "target weight" of where she was when we first met, before her illness and the "baby weight". Of course she has been hard core dieting in addition to her exercise. Her main problem is right now her doctor has told her to not exercise for the next week due to an upper respiratory infection that is causing her issues (since she has long term serve lung issues now).

For myself, its been 2 months of my weight loss, and I am down from 262 to currently 239 pounds. For a total loss of 23 pounds. It is amazing how much difference simply not drinking cokes makes. My goal I guess is to try to get back to 205-210 like I was about 3 years ago. I'll try to keep this thread updated with my progress just to keep this alive

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:41 AM   #368
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Last Saturday morning: 239.6
This Saturday morning: 237.0

This week's Weight Loss: 2.6 pounds

Old 03-21-2009, 09:23 AM   #369
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Last Saturday morning: 237.0
This Saturday morning: 233.9

This week's Weight Loss: 3.1 pounds

Old 03-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #370
Lorena
Unregistered

That's great Alan, keep up the good work!!!

I got the exercise thing down but my biggest issue is snacking and eating 2 hours within going to bed. I don't have a specific bedtime it changes every day. I don't eat fatty or sweet foods but portion control is my enemy. I cook with extra lean/lean meats, eat 45 calorie bread, whole wheat tortillas, etc. A treat will be frozen fruit (cherries, strawberries, grapes) or a peanut butter/jelly sandwich (reduced fat peanut butter, sugar free jelly on 2 slices of 45 calorie bread). For drinks, I don't have anything with sugar, only skim milk or the rare sugar free drink.

I need to cut down on my snacking and drink more water to fill me up. Come to think of it, I tend to snack when I should be drinking water.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:04 AM   #371
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Last Saturday morning: 233.9
This Saturday morning: 232.6

This week's weight loss: 1.3 pounds

This week was one of my slowest weeks for weight loss since I started, but not a huge deal. I went through a point back in early Feb where I went about 10 days straight of almost no loss at all. I just kept doing the same thing though, and it finally started up again. It seems at various points or stages it takes the body some time to reset itself or something.

I missed one day of planned exercise this week due to my leg hurting when I woke up (I must have slept on it wrong or something), but other than that it was a fairly typical week activity wise for me.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:44 AM   #372
finketr
College Prospect

1st week of january: 293
last week of march: 276

loss of 17 in three months...and still dropping... wow.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:43 AM   #373
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Last Saturday morning 232.6
This Saturday morning 232.4

This week's weight loss: 0.2 pounds

Obviously didn't do too great this week. I think I am running out of room that I gained from almost completely stopping drinking sodas. Most of my weight loss now seems to be coming from exercise. This week I had too many days that I took off from exercise (only did it 3 times this week instead of my normal 5) and I guess it showed.

I can assume that weight loss is going to come slower now that I lost 30 pounds the previous 3 months, but I'm hoping for a bit more than .2 a week I went through a plateau about a month and a half ago where for 10 days I either lost minimal weight, no weight or even gained a fraction of a pound. This could just be another phase like that as well.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:41 AM   #374
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Last Saturday 232.6
This Saturday morning 229.9

This week's weight loss: 2.7 pounds

Without really changing much of anything, I went back to my previous trend of losing roughly 2 pounds a week. This feels somewhat like a big milestone, getting below 230 again, but I do not know why exactly. I weighed less than this roughly 3 years ago. I still have another 15-20 pounds to go to get back to where I was 2-3 years ago.

So far, in three months I've lost roughly 33 pounds by simply not drinking cokes.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:27 AM   #375
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Last Saturday 229.9
This Saturday 227.2

This week's weight loss 2.7 pounds

I pretty much matched last week's weight loss exactly on the head at 2.7. It was a strange week weight wise though as the day after Easter, I actually went up 1 pound (probably from the Easter candy I helped my kids eat)

Old 04-25-2009, 05:34 AM   #376
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Last Saturday 227.2
This Saturday 225.3

This week's weight loss 1.9 pounds

I only worked out twice all week because of a crazy busy week with work plus some various things at home. It doesn't seem to have affected the weight loss that much (seems simply not drinking cokes helps that all on its own), but I definitely feel sluggish this week.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:38 PM   #377
Lorena
Unregistered

OK, I don't know how much I weighed from the last time I posted, but I've lost 10 lbs. in about a month, so yay me! Gonna keep watching my portion control and gotta remember to drink more water. I've been really good about ordering water when we go out. It's rare that I get a soda so that's an improvement.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:56 PM   #378
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
OK, I don't know how much I weighed from the last time I posted, but I've lost 10 lbs. in about a month, so yay me! Gonna keep watching my portion control and gotta remember to drink more water. I've been really good about ordering water when we go out. It's rare that I get a soda so that's an improvement.

Way to go!

I've been doing SlimFast (well, the Costco brand anyway) and lost 8 earlier this month. Went on vacation/cruise after that but only gained a pound or two in 10 days. Will be back on the shakes starting next week after I get paid and go to the store this weekend....
Old 09-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #379
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Way to go!

I've been doing SlimFast (well, the Costco brand anyway) and lost 8 earlier this month. Went on vacation/cruise after that but only gained a pound or two in 10 days. Will be back on the shakes starting next week after I get paid and go to the store this weekend....

Nice job path!
Old 05-27-2010, 01:47 PM   #380
RainMaker
General Manager

Saw this thread and it was inspirational to see some of you post progress.

Four days ago I made it a goal to really fix up my life. My diet has been horrible over the last decade and as I'm getting older and less active, it's starting to catch up to me. I was eating a lot of fast food out of convenience and rarely cooking anymore. Having some pizza wasn't a treat, it was the norm (it does suck to be a block away from 3 good Chicago pizza places).

While weight is one concern, it was my overall health too. I don't want to get diabetes or have to deal with high blood pressure or other issues an unhealthy diet causes. The other big concern was how I felt. I was lethargic all day, have had trouble sleeping, and started dealing with acid reflux and IBS. I just figured that dumping complete garbage into my system on a daily basis can't be good for that stuff.

So far it hasn't been too hard to get started. I thought I'd have more cravings than I have. I've started to get into cooking now and I think dealing with new recipes, ingredients and foods have kept my mind occupied and off of eating. My goal is to eat healthy for the Summer, see how it transforms my body and mind, then slowly mix in a few bad meals every now and then to make life more enjoyable.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #381
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

So I'm back on the diet wagon. This time I'm trying Nutrisystem and EA Active for the Wii as well as exercising in the gym.

This is a picture of me
Spoiler

I'm 5'3 and 177.4 lbs as of this morning. I've had trouble sticking to diets in the past but I have a good feeling about this one!
I'm trying to get down to at least 145.

Last edited by Greyroofoo : 06-13-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #382
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

I've been on the same 3 lbs. now for months but I'm nowhere close to my goal weight. Should really start drinking more water.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #383
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Week 1: 174.0 (3.4 lbs)
Old 06-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #384
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Jeez, really splurged this week since we had visitors from out of town. Didn't get a chance to workout since Monday either. Today, back to our regular schedule. Body Combat was good today, but not as intense as Monday. The trainer, Jamie, worked us hella hard. Wow, what a workout. In the end my shirt was so sweaty it stuck to my skin. Everyone was exhausted and resting their hands on their knees it was so tough. She's not as personable as the other girls, but I'm thinking of switching my whole workout schedule to have her in as many classes as possible.

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 06-25-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #385
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Zumba today. I have 2 left feet and I'm horrible at it, but checking out some youtube clips to get the footwork down. Even though I don't have the moves my arms, upper/lower back and abs are sore. Fun for those who are coordinated but I can't move my feet and arms at the same time as everyone else which causes me to be a couple beats behind. If this doesn't work out, I'm seriously considering RPM (indoor cycling). That shit will probably just about kill me, but I'm down.

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 06-25-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:02 AM   #386
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Starting Weight: 177.4
Week 1: 174.0 (-3.4)
Week 2: 173.0 (-1.0)

My week began with the eating of a lot of junk food, add to that lack of exercise and there you have small weight loss.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:35 PM   #387
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Gonna post a graph of my weight from 12/22 'til now. In 6 months I've lost 7.2 lbs. lol. Makes me laugh that I've been running, doing Body Combat and Zumba and have less than an 8 lb. loss to show for it.

I started this year weighing 206.8 and on June 19th was the lightest I've been this year at 196, but with my in-law visiting and all the BBQ, alcoholic beverages, cake, and a bunch of stuff, I went up to 202... in less than a week!!!! Wow.

1/1/2010 - 206.8
2/1/2010 - 202.8
3/6/2010 - 201
4/5/2010 - 198.4
5/11/2010 - 197
6/12/2010 - 199
6/19/2010 - 196 (lightest I've been this year)
6/24/2010 - 202 (in law visiting, eating like crap)
6/26/2010 - 199.6 (now after 2 Zumba and 2 Body Combat classes)

Crazy, I go up and down like a damn yo-yo. I've lost 2.4 lbs. in 2 days because of these classes. Man, I love me some Body Combat. Throwing punches, kicking, ginga... it's all incredibly awesome, never realized I'd like it so much. It's intense. It felt great to know that I did Zumba and hung in there for the whole hour of Body Combat. During cooldown when we got down to do push-ups I did feel woozy though.

I'm really glad I joined the Y and doing these classes with a few gals makes such a difference. If I miss a day, they're on my ass wondering what happened and stuff... love it, it makes me accountable. Today I did 1 hour of Zumba and 1 hour of Body Combat and needless to say, I'm sore as hell, but I finished with a smile and felt great. The trainers make it fun and my gal pals help by keeping me on check.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg W06.26.10jpg.jpg (65.2 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 06-26-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:59 PM   #388
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Body Combat and RPM (Spinning - Indoor Cycling) today. Really sore but I've been super active for the past few weeks. My diet... not so much. Will I ever learn?

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 06-30-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #389
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

My slow butt swam for a quarter of a mile today. Would have been in the pool longer but I didn't wanna keep Ant waiting.

Tomorrow I'm going with my workout buddy and we're doing 1 Body Combat session in the morning and returning for what we call "Bootcamp Zoomba" with my favorite trainer in the evening.

My body has felt sore for weeks now and I can tell I'm losing weight in my face. I won't be able to weigh myself since our scale busted, so I'll have to go by how my clothes feel.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:59 PM   #390
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Morning Body Combat and evening Zumba in the books. Tomorrow morning is Zumba again with a different instructor.

Since the scale is busted I'm gonna try and remember to measure myself tomorrow morning after I do my morning business.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #391
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Week 3: 172.2 (-0.8)
Total Loss = 5.4

I was hoping for a bigger loss this week. I ate healthy 6/7 days and got in a couple days of exercise. Very depressing.

Last edited by Greyroofoo : 07-03-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #392
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

7/2/2010 - Morning Zumba and returned in the evening with Ant and did 3.5 miles on a stationary bike.

7/3/2010 - Zumba and Body Combat back to back.

Didn't get a chance to measure myself. I don't have time in the morning since I just get up, get ready, eat and go.

One of my favorite Body Combat moves is called Esquiva and it's a Capoeira Technique (Brazilian Martial Arts). Looks like this:

Tomorrow, much needed rest.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #393
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Nothing for the past 3 days, I feel like such a slacker. The floors at the Y are getting maintenance so no classes this week. I did 1/2 hr. of RPM (spinning) and when I got off the bike my legs were shaking. Not sure I like it enough to keep up with it, but at least I'm getting a workout in.

Tomorrow I will go on the treadmill and see how far I can run. The last time I was on there I did 3.25 miles and know I could have done more. I'm aiming to run about 5 miles, though there will probably be some walking in there as well.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:26 PM   #394
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Was't able to run 5 miles but I did run/walk 3.5 miles. Today I lifted weights for half an hour to work on upper body and walked for 1.5 miles on the treadmill. My legs are still sore from yesterday's run so I took it ez.

I gained weight lol. I'm gonna have to log my calorie intake using the LoseIt app as well. Such a shame I workout so damn hard and I manage to gain weight.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #395
Poli
FOFC Survivor

excellent, look us up.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #396
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Week 3: 172.2 (-0.8)
Week 4: 170.0 (-2.2)
Total Loss = 7.4

I was actually down to 168 on Thursday but I decided to have some Dominos pizza on Thursday. But still 2.2 lbs is pretty good. I got in a good amount of exercise as well.

Last edited by Greyroofoo : 07-10-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:07 PM   #397
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
excellent, look us up.

Thanks Poli. I lost my iTouch so I've no idea how to add my weight, calories burned and all that. When I find it, I'll add you guys.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #398
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

dola,

I burned 729 calories today at Zumba.... WOOT!!!!!! Wish I knew how much I burned in Body Combat today, but I'm sure it was more than 300, so in total I've burned over 1,000 calories... go me!

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 07-15-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #399
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Down 7 pounds over the last 9-10 days, but I still have a long long long way to go, trying not to fall back on the soda bandwagon/crutch.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:42 PM   #400
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

I continue to stay active. Body Combat and Zumba. Really need to work in some other stuff. Today I did half an hour of water jogging and about 15 minutes of leisurely swimming. Found my iTouch YES!!!! I logged all my stuff and am under 52 whopping calories for the day.. lol. My weight is where it was about 3 weeks ago at 199.6 hah. Crazy, I've gone up 5 lbs. and lost 'em. tsk tsk tsk. I'll learn one of these days. Someone needs to knock some sense into me cuz I have no willpower when it comes to food. Ask me to do 2 hours of Body Combat and Zumba... I'm completely down. Put a brownie in front of my face and I can't say no. *sigh*