Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-10-2015, 08:51 PM   #101
hoopsguy
General Manager

My plan is to wait until I have a set that allows for faster travel. I would prefer not to have one-way travel take more than 3 hours. I know there is one involving the Ghost Town that is about as far away as you can get from our town.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:30 PM   #102
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
By the way, if anyone is looking to join, send an email address. Everyone gets a quest to invite someone, so we get free shit.

Well, it looks like I have an unexpected break in my schedule coming up next week, and quite possibly longer than that if things go well(which they almost never do). Decided to sign up and at least see the game for myself, so ...

how do I go about doing the above, Coffee?(or whomever)
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:04 AM   #103
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

PM me your email addy, assuming you don't wanna post it in public.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 09-11-2015 at 09:04 AM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:18 AM   #104
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Oh man, how many hours have I sucked into this thing... You guys know if this thing is playable on an iPad? I rarely sit down on my computer but always have my iPad near me in the living room. Could be cool to reconnect on another FOFC effort in The West. I too have been getting emails about coming back to the game and was tempted but just never made a move for it...

If anybody wants to shoot me an invite, you can do it at
steve.gougeon

at

gmail.com

If not playable on the iPad, I might toy with it on my laptop but will definitely not be as present...

FM
Old 09-11-2015, 12:58 PM   #105
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

We can't invite you, you're already a real person.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:39 PM   #106
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Anyone have a black headband? Need one for a quest - and the closest one I can find is 4 hours away.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:03 PM   #107
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

well, ok. I'll try logging in with my iPad then

FM
Old 09-11-2015, 03:12 PM   #108
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Anyone have a black headband? Need one for a quest - and the closest one I can find is 4 hours away.

Yeah, I need a black headband too.
mrkilla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:14 PM   #109
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Actionville sells them - n/nw from us, very close.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:28 PM   #110
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

ok, since I'm fairly new to this game, and still learning what the heck is going on, I have a couple questions.

First, when I started and was trying to figure out how to get to Troutville, I actually opened 3 game worlds, World 1, Colorado, and Fairbanks. Now I get emails from Colorado and World 1 because I'm inactive in those worlds, as I've been doing most of my gaming in Fairbanks. Is there any way to prevent this? Or is it sometimes good to go into different worlds? I dunno, I'm just curious.

Also, in Fairbanks, I have no quests for the Saloon other than kill Gary, which I'm not strong enough to do yet. So I guess I'm just supposed to go around and explore Fairbanks and all the towns, looking for jobs and etc? Is there an easy way for me to figure out what jobs I can do? Like I said, I'm basically a complete rookie to "The West" and could use all the help I can get.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 04:03 PM   #111
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

Quote:

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2015, 04:55 PM   #112
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
ok, since I'm fairly new to this game, and still learning what the heck is going on, I have a couple questions.

First, when I started and was trying to figure out how to get to Troutville, I actually opened 3 game worlds, World 1, Colorado, and Fairbanks. Now I get emails from Colorado and World 1 because I'm inactive in those worlds, as I've been doing most of my gaming in Fairbanks. Is there any way to prevent this? Or is it sometimes good to go into different worlds? I dunno, I'm just curious.

Also, in Fairbanks, I have no quests for the Saloon other than kill Gary, which I'm not strong enough to do yet. So I guess I'm just supposed to go around and explore Fairbanks and all the towns, looking for jobs and etc? Is there an easy way for me to figure out what jobs I can do? Like I said, I'm basically a complete rookie to "The West" and could use all the help I can get.

The jobs you can't do are greyed out. And the ones with exclamation points are the ones that you need for your quests
Old 09-11-2015, 05:02 PM   #113
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord

So am I, guess I screwed that up then. Gradually becoming less incompetent at the game, level 10 at the moment. I'm using the name I used to use on a few forums, zorromorph.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:32 PM   #114
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:

Would help if I looked at the tailor instead of the general store. No wonder I couldn't find any! Thanks CW!
Old 09-11-2015, 10:35 PM   #115
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post

Do you have equipment equipped? I was able to rip through those opening quests from the barkeep fairly quickly once I realized I had some stuff to equip. Otherwise, just look for jobs with good exp (check out the work tab and sort by exp to see the best ones) that are close to you...grind out some 15-second ones while you are able and you can some good levels that way.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:26 AM   #116
hoopsguy
General Manager

Think I might use my first bonds today.
I've been banging away on some of the 30 minute quests today, and will likely see my energy dip to zero before getting another level. Which is 100% fine during the week, and most of the time on weekends, but I'm home alone this afternoon with my wife and daughter visiting family. So I would like to see if I can really get some work done on my character and Troutville today when not watching college football or the Cubs.

Enter the 36 bond purchase of Mate tea. 100% energy bonus, 20% motivation bump. If that applies for my construction motivation, then I should be primed to get some real work done on town this evening after seeing my motivation dip to 72% last night. Add in 1-2 levels, maybe a bow tie or another item to give another 10 points of Construction skill, and I'm betting I can do >200 on my 100% build later today.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #117
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I am making the long trek (3+ hours) over to the south of the country to start my blacksmith mastery. Figure I might as well clean up some of the quests I have over there at the same time. So I won't be home for a while, boys
Old 09-12-2015, 08:53 PM   #118
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good thing that we bumped the Residences yesterday, as we're up to 12 people now and I believe we have 1-2 outstanding invites out there.

Welcome Professor58, dragonspellx, and thejuggler3!

Managed to grind up to Level 37 today, although I lost about $1200 in cash while pushing for that level. Had about 195 health left, 5 15sec jobs doing a job with 28% danger, and about 66 damage from the job. Got hurt on first one, then nothing for next 3. Final job landed a 132 point blow, kicking me back to town minus my cash. The crowd boos.

Also took part in my first fort fight. Probably worth noting that for your first battle, you'll be restored with 100% health and 100% energy at the end of the battle. That little perk does not continue for subsequent battles. Participation was pretty full, with 97 attacks routing the 84 defenders. The defenders were the former Legends alliance, who appear to have re-branded as "Battlecry." I sided with that group since they own the large fort next to our town. I wasn't super encouraged by what I saw in terms of fort battle leadership today. The team was overmatched, but still was pretty odd lead by a guy from WARRIOR TOWN.

As our town is getting bigger, if we have some people who have an interest in joining fort battles, I suspect we'll have some offers to join alliances. Open to any feedback that others have about what makes sense in terms of alliance.

In other news, I bumped JAG and Coffee Warlord up to Counselor status. That will allow them to be able to extend town invites to others when I'm not around. Figured we were getting big enough where it made sense to distribute some of the management stuff ...

Town building: have 4 hours queued, with intent to get us Level 4 Gunsmith and Level 4 Hotel by end of the evening. It seems like more of us are running into energy challenges now, and having the max hotel (Level 5) goes a long way towards reducing that pain.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:57 PM   #119
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I'm open to joining an alliance if doing so can be to our advantage in some way. Politically I don't know these guys as you appear to so I don't know if there would be some reason to be wary on that front.

I am definitely one running into energy problems as a reasonable bit of my day is spent in the hotel recovering, so I'll add a couple hours to the hotel as well. I'm finding the cinema to be useful too to restore some motivation for building in the town, though I think the energy replenishment will be more useful.

EDIT: Also putting in an hour in residence so we can expand if needed as it seems like we've been gaining quite a few of late.

Last edited by JAG : 09-12-2015 at 10:04 PM.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:09 AM   #120
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

My energy bonus ended tonight, so I won't be able to queue up nearly as many hour long jobs as I did today while out. I still got a few days of automation left that I got from a quest (giving me the ability to queue up to 9 jobs) which will definitely come in handy.

Either way, was able to hit 25 today and made my way over to do some blacksmithing quests to work on my crafting a bit. Glad to see our town growing nicely!
Old 09-13-2015, 11:04 PM   #121
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm assuming that JAG is going to finish the Hotel; no sense putting extra points in it when points beyond Level 5 are wasted. If it isn't finished when I wake up in the morning, I'll take responsibility for finishing it tomorrow.

3 hours going into General Store, with the hope/expectation that I'll be bring that to Level 5.

If anyone gets a Construction item, besides a Neckband, that is more than +10 in the mobile trader I would ask that you purchase that and I'll buy it off you. In particular, my jacket and belt are particularly hideous. Pants are no prize either.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:40 PM   #122
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Anyone have some spare wood or iron rods they could donate? Looking to work on my blacksmithing a bit.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:55 PM   #123
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

dola - I have a few pieces of leather and a whole plethora of other consumables to trade. Also have a few recipes for other professions. Is the market the only place to really put them? How can I give you guys first crack at them without allowing others to purchase?
Old 09-14-2015, 07:30 PM   #124
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

That dueler over in Swedish Vikings seems to be preying more and more on our people. Somebody needs Killin' methinks.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:23 PM   #125
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
That dueler over in Swedish Vikings seems to be preying more and more on our people. Somebody needs Killin' methinks.

Same guy that hit me? That is only duel I've had in my career.
We'll out-level him pretty quickly if we just show up and get login bonuses, work through 100 energy in some way, shape, or form.

But if someone is a dueller and wants to blast all residents of that city, I wouldn't try to hold them back.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:07 PM   #126
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

For an Adventurer, I've got a halfway decent dueling build. I can't duel the one guy who actually attacked us, but there's a couple of their non builder guys I intend to make bleed when they're around.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:33 PM   #127
hoopsguy
General Manager

It is kind of amusing that our town is 0-10 in duels.
I don't plan to go looking for a duel until town in done, barring our town going to war with someone and trying to run some raids.

If we are looking to tune some folks up, we can prioritize our Gunsmith. Up to this point, it has been a little less of a priority for me than the Tailor and General Store.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:07 AM   #128
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

My travel set is up to 17mph, so I'm going to work on some of the far west stuff today. Sadly today is also the day automation runs out. We seem to be making pretty good progress on the town.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:08 AM   #129
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

That supposed 'work break' thing has largely gone away with a crazy weekend, but I got some time to play last night -- and current quest needs corn. Queued up a bunch of 10 min. jobs while doing other things. At the moment, it's been six or seven of them in a row with a 57% drop rate ... and haven't gotten a single thing. Must be the game's day to hate me. Just about to finally hit level 15 so while I don't think I'll be able to contribute a ton, I'm depositing some money here or there and taking up space like a boss :P

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 09-15-2015 at 06:09 AM.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:04 AM   #130
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I shot up that alexroberts dude for ya'll.

FOR THE WATCH.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:19 PM   #131
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
My travel set is up to 17mph, so I'm going to work on some of the far west stuff today. Sadly today is also the day automation runs out. We seem to be making pretty good progress on the town.

That is because you've done nice work putting together your Mexican set. I'm jealous.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:39 AM   #132
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

What county is Troutville located in?
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:48 AM   #133
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

Olympian County
Old 09-16-2015, 11:07 AM   #134
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

Hellstorm77 just killed me. Ouch.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:56 AM   #135
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkilla22 View Post
Hellstorm77 just killed me. Ouch.

Funny timing on that, as he just reached out to me about joining his alliance. Posting the telegram below, looking for feedback on it over the next 24 hours. I'll hold my thoughts/history for a little while to allow others to react to this first.

Hello Hoopsguy how are you doing?

I have seen you around on Colorado. I have shoot at you a few time in FF but i think i missed lol thats my luck.

Anyways yesterday i was getting a little bored of being in a large alliance where they had NAP's more than half of the towns on this world, so i thought i would start my own town and a small alliance, which is dedicated to help each other.

We plan to have NO NAP's with any other alliance which will make FF fun on here.
People in the alliance can pick which side to be on.

If towns want to own forts we would help them in anyway we can.

I would have to talk with the other alliances on here eg if we attack one alliance would the other came and help or visa versa.

Our forts would stay in our alliance only so the other alliances could attack, this way for don't get involved in the Politics.

What do you think of this idea?
Would you like to join the MC?

Regards
Hellstorm77
Old 09-16-2015, 11:58 AM   #136
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap Ologist View Post
What county is Troutville located in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkilla22 View Post
Olympian County

If you are looking to quickly locate any town, a good way to do this is use the "Ranking" button that sits just to right of your picture (top-left corner, 2nd button from bottom) and go to the Towns tab. Just to the left of the town name is a brown/white square; click on that and the map view will center on the town. You can then open the town, click on the sign post (bottom middle of town, between buildings) to walk to the town.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:43 PM   #137
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I don't know much about alliances or the politics, so I will defer to the group on this one.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:20 PM   #138
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cap Ologist, have you signed up for this one? I wasn't able to find your name on the rankings list when I looked earlier this afternoon.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:46 PM   #139
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Cap Ologist, have you signed up for this one? I wasn't able to find your name on the rankings list when I looked earlier this afternoon.

I've got an invite to him (presumably), usual nick is Tooleman.

Will have something to say later about the alliance offer.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:57 PM   #140
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

That'd be me.
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:01 PM   #141
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Anyways yesterday i was getting a little bored of being in a large alliance where they had NAP's more than half of the towns on this world, so i thought i would start my own town and a small alliance, which is dedicated to help each other.

We plan to have NO NAP's with any other alliance which will make FF fun on here.
People in the alliance can pick which side to be on.

If towns want to own forts we would help them in anyway we can.

I would have to talk with the other alliances on here eg if we attack one alliance would the other came and help or visa versa.

Our forts would stay in our alliance only so the other alliances could attack, this way for don't get involved in the Politics.

I'm not sure what 'FF' is. I also don't understand his last sentence or how a structure could work where part of the alliance might help outside alliance A while another part helps outside alliance B. So I have some ambivalence going with this guy, but clearly he knows you and perhaps you know something of him, maybe he has trouble with English or who knows what.

Not knowing the politics and people here, I don't totally understand what an alliance gets us. I think there are some benefits to owning a fort or being part of an alliance with a fort, but I don't know how significant these are. The fort battles seem interesting though I don't know much about them. It seems like numbers are important in those which may be why these alliances tend towards the huge sprawling type (or people are just bored and want to run jobs all day with minimal combat, who knows?)

In the past, the most fun I've had is with small, powerful, trustworthy groups. If we need numbers to do fort battles effectively, then it seems we'll need to group up at some point. It might be wiser to join with a larger group initially while we're in the building up phase as it seems like there are a good bit of longer time players here with more stats / better equipment / more money, but that does frequently involve a lot of politics and that can often be a headache.

So my initial thought is I'm a little ambivalent accepting this offer as I don't exactly understand what it gets us, don't know much about his new town or any of the players in it or the players he's allied with vs. the existing order.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:53 PM   #142
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

His town is basically on the entire opposite side of the map from us, including a whole 7 people. Blegh.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:54 PM   #143
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Wondering from the higher level people when(if?) quest spam slows down. I'm at 10 active right now after clearing a couple short ones out. Seems I get three new ones for every two I complete.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:48 AM   #144
hoopsguy
General Manager

Brian, I believe I have 40 quests open at the moment. You can have a max of 50.

There are a rotating set of daily quests; those never slow down.

There are a bunch of quests that become available early in the game. You won't see nearly as many new quests 3 months into the game if you work through the early level stuff. However, the relative value of the XP for completing those quests is never higher than it is when you are low level.

Bottom line, you don't need to do the quests. You can do jobs, dueling, fort fighting (screen becomes available at level 25) or whatever else makes the game more interesting for you. Personally, I do a combination of quests and jobs in Fairbanks, while on other worlds I'm more fort driven.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:13 PM   #145
hoopsguy
General Manager

So, thoughts on the alliance offer ...

Agree that the distance and size of the town doesn't bring a ton to the table. The guy leading the town is a long time, mostly active player. He has a bit of a vendetta against one of the alliances, but I think his bigger motivation is mostly being bored with the overall game ... same basic themes emerge on multiple worlds, and he is trying to do something a little different here to help create more excitement for him.

That said, I would hope that our alliance activity lends itself to getting to sleep in forts. Having our town join that other town doesn't seem likely to land us a sleeping spot in a fort near our town.

Other benefits of alliance are a bigger pool of people to talk with, trade with, engage in tandem dueling with, etc. For most of us who are new to the game, I suspect that bigger is most likely better at this time. Only exception would be is if we want to command a bigger seat at the table in alliance matters. If that is a desired outcome, we might have to look at smaller alliances.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:04 AM   #146
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Makes sense on the quests. I guess I just thought it was a little more linear than that. I'll have to experiment more.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:43 PM   #147
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Makes sense on the quests. I guess I just thought it was a little more linear than that. I'll have to experiment more.

The only thing that is truly linear is the "main storyline" quest series. The "Outpost" group is the first in the set, which opens up at Level 10. There is another quest group that opens every ten levels, with each of those quest series being in the 10-25 total quest range. I think the last one is at Level 100, although I'm not 100% sure on that.

There are all kinds of other quests that are date driven or level driven, with a few that are location driven.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:50 AM   #148
hoopsguy
General Manager

So you might see some references in the Saloon chat to "friends for Oktoberfest." That is a 3 week promotion (there is one per quarter) where you accumulate some kind of points for jobs, dueling, fort battles, and "gifts" from friends. You can have a max of 100 friends on the world, so if each of them clicks to send you 20 "points" (not right term, but something like that) you would accumulate 2,000 points. An hour of work is worth something like 350-425 points. Winning a duel is worth 80 or so points. Those points can be converted into prizes, with 4 categories of prizes. Better stuff is on the higher levels, which cost more points.

When the event rolls around, I'll be happy to help field questions about how this works. In the near term, if you see someone that is looking for friends for Oktoberfest, it is probably worth looking to add friends to maximize your success in the event. You can shed those friends again after the event is over.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:05 AM   #149
heybrad
Norm!!!

So I would suggest that I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm up to level 10 and would love to join your town if you want to invite me. I'm on as heybrad.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:34 PM   #150
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Reached 25 now so I'm going to be taking my first extended journey away from Troutville and the surrounding area, heading to the southeast for Indian Village, Outpost, and who knows what else stuff. From what I can tell I think I'll be gone for a good while.