Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-27-2005, 12:08 PM   #51
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 5, 2015 -

Time to look at guys who are in the last year of their contracts:

(In no particular order)

James McFadden - This striker is 32, but he is still a very good 3rd or 4th option. He is unhappy with being a 3rd or 4th option however. I contact his agent, and he tells me that James doesn't wish to remain here as a 3rd or 4th option. I decide I will let him go after this season.

Wes Brown - He is 35 and deteriorating rapidly. I don't make an offer.

Eric Djemba Djemba - He is 34 and is slipping rapidly. I don't make an offer.

John O'Shea - He is 34 and this defender is losing his skills quickly. Already he is looking slower than he did a month or two ago. I'm not sure if he is going to be servicable even for this whole year now! I certainly pass on signing him to a new deal.

Tim Howard - He is 36 and he is starting to slip. Adriano is close to passing him on the depth chart. He is a fan favorite and I'll keep him on as a rotation player next year if he is willing. I offer him a million signing bonus and a slight paycut to 77,000/week.

Wayne Rooney - He is 29 and is starting to show the slightest signs of slipping, but he is still a premiere striker. He wants a 2 year extension with a 3.6 million dollar signing bonus and 180,000/week. He also wants 9k/goal and 5k/assist. I agree to his requests.

Darren Fletcher - This 31 year old midfielder is starting to decline, but is still good and might have two more quality years left in him. He wants a 2 year extension with a slight pay cut but 1.4 million signing bonus. I agree to pay him 79k/week for the next 3 years.

Lucio - This 37 year old centreback is slipping quite a bit, but is still good. Could he hold on for one more year after this one? The board finally feels that he is done and will only allow us to offer up to 30,000 for him. He won't extend for that amount. I'll have to say goodbye to one of my favorite players ever.

Stewart Downing - This 31 year old left winger is starting to decline and I do have two good guys behind him, but he is still one of the best in England. I call his agent. He wants 2 million plus his current salary of 86,000/week to sign a 1 year extension beyond this year. I agree.

Dalibor Stevanovic - This 30 year old attacking midfielder has probably never really gotten a fair shake from me. However, i'm not going to keep in reserve limbo any longer. I'll let him go after this season.

Salva - This 22 year old centreback has become everything I thought he would be. He is a very good defender and is close to becoming an elite defender. He wants a 2 year extension with a nice raise to 53,000/week plus 1.5 million signing. I agree to his requests.

Gabriele Marchetti - This 23 year old centreback hasn't been as good. He is a good defender, but his lack of leaping ability, lack of good strength, and lack of great balance sometimes hurt him. He also isn't a great position defender. I'm going to sign him to a new deal, but I'm starting to think he is not the long term answer here.

He wants a 2 year extension with a salary of 27,500/week plus 650k signing bonus. I agree to this. He also realizes that he will likely be a rotation player.

Mickael Schmidt - This 22 year old leftback is a gifted technical player and a great "coach on the field" with his mental prowess. However, his lack of great fitness hurts him. His speed seems to be dropping at 22 too! I'll sign him to an extension, but I need to find a left back to more frequently spell him. He wants 37,000/week for a 3 year extension plus a signing fee of 800k. Interestingly, he only considers himself worthy of being a rotation player. I'm sure I'll still be starting him plenty this year.

Adriano, GK - This 21 year old keeper still has a good chance of becoming my keeper of the future. He is willing to extend at his current salary of 29,500/week plus 1 million signing bonus for 2 more years. He is also willing to remain a rotation player behind Howard. Perfect.

Andy Ford - This 23 year old striker in my reserve system just doesn't have enough speed or skill to play at this level. I'll let him go after this year.

Darren Evans - This 20 year old keeper shows some promise. He only requires 750/week to extend for 2 more years and I decide to do it.

Mark Lambert - This 22 year old right winger has great speed, but not much else. I'll let him go after this season.

John Gray - This 22 year old left winger just doesn't have the skills to play at his level. I'll let him go.

Jason Stone - 20 year old right back has great speed, but nothing else. I'll let him go.

Dani - This 21 year old keeper has a tremendous amount of potential. His reflexes are possibly the best of ANY of my keepers. However, he lacks determination, concentration, or composure. I'll extend him to see if he can overcome these weaknesses.

Stephen Wright - This 21 year old midfielder hasn't shown enough potential. I'll let him go as well.

This is going to be the most turnover I've ever had on this team I think.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 12:34 PM   #52
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 6, 2015 -

Our physio Milton Graneolatti has retired from football. I need to find a replacement immediately.

Taylor has agreed to Aston Villa's terms. The deal can now be completed and I can start shopping for a dominant young centreback as Marchetti isn't going to fit that bill.

Looking at the notes of my scouts, I don't see any great defenders that meet my criteria that I can afford, but I do find one that can help against physical strikers. Dominique Rodriguez is a 25 year old French centreback who is very strong, a great leaper, and great at winning aerial battles for the ball. I offer Bordeaux 12 million for him.

I decide to approach a young unknown physio who just recently completed his education. Lee Bullock is 34 and he graduated at the top of his class. He is reportedly quite skilled technically at the art of being a physiotherapist. Since he is new and young, he only wants 550/week which I'm glad to offer him.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:37 PM   #53
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 8, 2015 -

Chris Taylor has been sold. We have to give Leeds 700,000 of the 7 million as part of our prior arrangement with them.

Dani, Evans, Fletcher, Marchetti, Adriano, Downing, Howard, Salva, and Rooney all signed new deals!

Newcastle withdrew their bid for Cahais.

Charlton have signed Cristian Chivu on a free transfer.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:51 PM   #54
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 9, 2015 -

Mickael Schmidt has signed a new 4 year deal worth 7.2 million dollars.

Real Madrid have offered 55 million for Jeroen Schreurs. He had a bad year last year, but he is a great right winger. Ortega is also a great right winger, and he is several years younger. This is a hard choice. I decide that I will sell him for 80 million which they might offer since he is actually "worth" 51 million.

Bordeaux have rejected our 12 million dollar offer for Dominique Rodriguez.

I counter with 15 million dollars.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:58 PM   #55
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 10, 2015 -

Lee Bullock has joined my staff as our new physio.

Arsenal have signed Manu (my ex-keeper) from Real Madrid for 2 million dollars.

(OOC: Gotta go run a few errands, be back in a half hour or so. I'm going to enjoy my last 4 days of vacation [except for being on call tonight and tomorrow]
Old 06-27-2005, 02:11 PM   #56
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

OOC Note:

These following thoughts occurred to me while grocery shopping /ooc.

Aug 10, 2015 -

With the season about to start, I've decided to analyze my notes and determine who my best 5 players are and to think of how to get them on the pitch more.

1. Adriano - Valued at 81 million dollars. This kid is 23 and he is coming into his prime. He is a dominating striker.

2. Rooney - Valued at 43 million dollars. He is 29 and is slowly starting to lose a bit, but he just had a dominating season and there is no reason to think he can't have one or two truly great seasons in the next two years with a good year or two following that up.

3. Jeroen Schreurs - Valued at 54 million dollars. This right winger has a superb skill set. Lacks top notch speed, but a great player.

4. Helder Barbosa - Valued at 33 million dollars. This 28 year old is one of the most technically gifted players I've ever seen.

5. Antonio Ortega - This player is valued at 27 million dollars (note higher valued players did not make this list) but he is only 21 and is a rising superstar. Top notch speed, great acceleration, and excellent technical skills.

Just missed the cut (in no order)

Salva - Great defender is only 23.

Mickael Schmidt - Lack of fitness prevents him from making the list. Natural Fitness is so bad that he will never be the truly dominating left back that he could be. Still very good.

Stewart Downing - Age is hitting him, but is still an excellent left winger.

Howard - Age is catching up to him.

Adriano, GK - Still developing.

So, I'm thinking.. 4 of my best guys play the same two positions. Downing and Barbosa are getting up there in age to an extent and can't play every day, but neither of them is going to be happy to be 50% players, starting every other game.

Similarly, Jeroen Schreurs and Ortega are great players who don't want to be splitting time evenly or even close to evenly.

So, I wish I thought of this earlier, but I'm going to experiment with an occasional midfield of Barbosa, Downing, Schreurs, and Ortega. This will allow me to get more of my best players on the pitch and I'm hoping this might take the team to even greater heights.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-27-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:28 PM   #57
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 11, 2015 -

Birmingham have signed Wayne Bridge on a free transfer.

Inter have offered 78 million for Jeroen Schreurs! Maybe 80 million isn't enough to keep him safe from the vultures... then again should I sell him for that profit and get another player? No, I want to see how he can do playing alongside Ortega. I counter with an offer of 100 million. If they offer that, I WILL sell him and get a player at whatever is my most needed position.

Real Madrid have withdrawn their offer for Schreurs.

Bordeaux have rejected the 15 million dollar offer from Dominique Rodriguez.

I counter with an offer of 18 million dollars.

Aug 12, 2015 -

Eric Djemba strained his calf and will miss about 2 weeks.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:43 PM   #58
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 13, 2015 -

Arsenal have spent 30 million dollars to sign 23 year old Spanish right winger Victor from Milan. Victor looks good, but I think they overpaid a bit.

Atletico de Madrid has hired jose Uribe as their new manager.

Inter have withdrawn their offer for Jeroen Schreurs.

Arsenal have signed 26 year old midfielder David from Murcia for 6.6 million dollars. David is good and this seems like a good bargain.

Aug 14, 2015 -

Bordeaux have rejected the 18 million dollars offer for Dominique Rodriguez.

I up my bid to 21 million which is coming up to my maximum offer.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:48 PM   #59
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 15, 2015 -

Today we travel to play Birmingham in our season opener! Birmingham only have a few good players. Dmitry Sychev is a talented 31 year old Russian striker. He still has very good pace. Jose Manuel Marquez is a 23 year old spanish midfielder/forward who is a great long range shooter. John Paul Kelly is an excellent passer in the midfield and is a solid all around player. Jose Moreira is a 33 year old keeper who is very good and is hard to score against.

Over the past 11 years we have 17 wins, 5 draws, and 3 losses against them.

We are 4-6 favorites today.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 70's.

GK: Howard
DL: Schmidt
DC: Salva
DC: Marchetti
DR: Boogaart
ML: Barbosa
MC: Downing
MC: SChreurs
MR: Ortega (Trying out my potential dream midfield)
SC: Rooney
SC: Adriano

S1: Adriano, GK
S2: Alfonso
S3: Godoy
S4: King
S5: Cahais
Old 06-27-2005, 03:10 PM   #60
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

12 minute mark: Downing passes it to Rooney in the middle of the box.. the defender tackes him before he can shoot.

25 minute mark: Howard kicks it to Downing at midpitch.. he heads it to Schreurs.. he passes to Barbosa.. Barbosa passes it into the box for Adriano.. the keeper intercepts the pass.

27 minute mark: Ortega gets a yellow card for a hard tackle on Bridge.

36 minute mark: Schreurs passes to Ortega in the right side of the box.. Ortega shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it.

42 minute mark: Wayne Bridge trips Ortega.. yellow card for Bridge.

44 minute mark: Boogaart passes it to Rooney in the box.. he heads it.. the keeper tips it over the bar.

45 minute mark: Sychev shoots from 20 yards out.. Howard misses it.. it hits the crossbar.. Howard falls on the rebound gratefully.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. They have over 30,000 fans here today.

46 minute mark: Schmidt passes to Barbosa in the left corner of the pitch.. he centers it to the far post.. Adriano heads it.. the keeper pushes it over the bar.

50 minute mark: Downing passes to Barbosa.. he passes to Adriano in the box.. Adriano shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. acrobatic save.

53 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper pushes it over the bar.

58 minute mark: Rooney gets a yellow card for a trip on Scott.

63 minute mark: Rooney steals the ball at midpitch.. passes it to Adriano.. he fakes out two defenders.. great crossover dribble.. into the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. another very acrobatic save by the keeper.

66 minute mark: Ortega steals the ball.. passes it to Schreurs.. he has a breakaway.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOA... it's been disallowed.. schreurs was offside!

72 minute mark: Ortega has picked up a minor knock.. I slide Schreurs to right wing and put Godoy on for Ortega. Adriano is tired, I put King on for him.

81 minute mark: Salva with a dangerous two footed tackle on Sychev.. yellow card for Salva.

88 minute mark: Boogaart with a good defensive play.

Game over. 0-0 tie

We outshot them 14-11 (8-3 on target)

Their keeper had a 10 for form, but Barbosa wins MoM, 10 for form, 14 of 16 passes, 5 key passes, 4 of 6 tackles, 2 of 10 headers, 10 runs, 1 foul drawn.

Downing had a 9 for form.

The experiment was ok, but we were victimized by a very good keeper who played great.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:41 PM   #61
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Salva twisted his ankle and will miss 2 weeks

Bordeaux have rejected my 21 million dollar offer for Dominique Rodriguez.

I make my final offer of 22 million dollars.

Aug 19, 2015 -

Liverpool have completed the 21 million dollar deal to bring Lebohang Mokoena from Brescia to their club. I think this is the STEAL of the century. Great purchase by them. I expect Mokoena to become among the league leaders in goals.

Aston Villa have offered 2.6 million plus Richard Preston for Michael Wood. Preston is an 18 year old centreback with some promise, but he is no where near as valuable as Wood. Wood has been a disappointment to me, and I might move him for the right price, but this is not it.

Aug 20, 2015 -

Middlesbrough have offered 1 million dollars plus Trond Fredrik Ludvigsen for Michael Wood. Trond is a 33 year old striker who is over the hill. I reject the offer.

WTF!?! Lee Bullock my new physio decided to go to Doncaster to join their physio staff. I've been compensated with 80,000 dollars! Why did he leave my squad for Doncaster?

I decide to appraoch Martin Albrechtsen who has become a physio after retiring, and is reportedly good at his job.

Nigel de Jong suffered a torn ACL and will miss most of the season. Arsenal will be scrambling to add another defender now.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:51 PM   #62
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 22, 2015 -

Bordeaux countered with an offer of 30 million for Rodriguez. I'm going to pass. He just isn't a big enough upgrade from what I have to justify 30 million.

Today we host Arsenal in an EPL Match. Arsenal won their first game and are looking strong. Mauro Di Mauro is a very dangerous striker who is flourishing with Arsenal. Mario is a very good midfielder who is only 24. Lukas Podolski is a great 2nd striker. Salomon Kalou is still playing right wing despite their recent acquisition. Hatem Ben Arfa is playing well at left wing since Jose Antonio Reyes is out injured. Jesus is a good but not great keeper. Michael Smith is a good centreback.

In the past 11 years or so, our record against them is 7 wins, 7 draws, and 13 losses

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 50's.

DC: Boogaart (With Salva's injury, he is the best option here.)
DR: Miller (the 18 year old kid gets his debut with us tonight.)
MC: Schreurs
MR: Ortega (One more try for the dream midfield.)

S2: Fletcher
S3: Oswald
S4: King
S5: Cahais
Old 06-27-2005, 04:12 PM   #63
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Miller with a good defensive play.. starts the counter attack.. heads it to Ortega.. Ortega with a great pass.. to Rooney just outside the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it.. Adriano shoots the rebound.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

10 minute mark: Schreurs steals the ball in our own half.. he passes to Rooney... Rooney has it at midpitch.. he dribbles past one defender.. up the pitch.. past another defender.. he splits two more defenders.. into the box.. puts a spin move on the keeper.. right on around him.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0! Sensational goal by Rooney!

13 minute mark: Marchetti with a good header.. to Adriano near midpitch.. he passes to Rooney who is just across the center line.. Rooney dribbles past one defender.. past another defender.. past a third defender.. into the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. Goal!!!! 3-0! Rooney is looking magical.

20 minute mark: Ben Arfa gets a yellow card for shoving Miller.

24 minute mark: Miller heads the ball from our own box.. to Ortega deep in our zone.. long pass to Rooney.. Rooney just has to beat one defender and the keeper.. he dribbles past the defender.. fakes to his right.. dribbles to his left.. around jesus.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0! Rooney has his hattrick already.

42 minute mark: Howard stops a long range shot from Podolski.

43 minute mark: Schreurs passes it to Downing.. he is tripped outside the box by Yobo.. yellow card on Yobo.

Halftime: 4-0 lead. We have over 91,000 fans here watching us demolish Arsenal!

46 minute mark: Gary Burke with a hard two footed tackle on Barbosa.. he gets a yellow card.

48 minute mark: Howard stops a long range shot from David.

49 minute mark: Another good play by Marchetti.. this is his best game in a long time.

50 minute mark: Miller with another good defensive play.. Podolski with a hard tackle on Miller.. yellow card on Podolski.

51 minute mark: Rooney gets a yellow card for pulling Smith's jersey.

54 minute mark: Marchetti with a good defensive play.. Mauro Di Mauro tackles him hard.. yellow card on mauro. Our defenders are frustrating them!

56 minute mark: Downing elbows Mario in the jaw.. yellow card for Downing.

61 minute mark: Oswald on for Rooney, Schreurs has picked up a bad knock.. I put Fletcher on for him.

Rooney gets a standing ovation as he leaves the pitch.

80 minute mark: Miller with another header away from Podolski.

89 minute mark: Miller with a long pass down the right sideline.. Ortega gets to it.. he centers it to the near post.. Adriano heads it.. jesus blocks it.. Oswald gets the rebound.. fires it into the open left side of the net! GOAL!!!! 5-0! Oswald scores in his debut!

Game over.. 5-0 win over Arsenal

We outshot them 15-14 (12-4 on target)

Rooney wins MoM, 10 for form, 9 of 13 passes, 1 key pass, 0 of 1 tackles, 6 of 7 headers, 6 runs, 1 assist, and 3 goals.

Adriano also had a 10 for form.

Miller and Ortega had 9's for form. Great debut by Miller!

Every other starter had an 8 for form.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:07 PM   #64
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 23, 2015 -

Martin Albrechtsen has agreed to come work for us as a physio for 550/week.

Aug 24, 2015 -

Chris Miller, Boogaart, and Rooney were all selected to the EPL Team of the Week.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:25 PM   #65
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 25, 2015 -

Today we travel to play Fulham in an EPL Match. They are in 5th place while we are in 4th place. Fulham has several stars including striker Collins John who is 29 and is a dangerous scorer. Michael Rensing is a very good keeper who is on top of his game at 31. Conall Murtagh is a 30 year old midfielder who specializes in great passes, and hasn't taken the place of Thomas Hitzlsperger as the main midfielder (who is declining as he is now 33.) Christian Schulz is 32 and is their leading defender at left back.

Our career record against them in the last 11 years is 15 wins, 9 draws, and 2 losses.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 50's.

GK: Tim Howard
DC: Cahais
MC: Fletcher
MC: Cook
MR: Ortega
SC: McFadden
SC: King

S2: Lucio
S3: Alfonso
S4: Godoy
S5: Oswald
Old 06-27-2005, 07:43 PM   #66
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Barbosa passes to McFadden left of the box.. he draws a defender over.. fires a pass to King.. a defender outjumps him and heads it away.

2 minute mark: Wayne Dunn stops a McFadden dribble into the box.. I forgot about that pesky defender.

16 minute mark: Collins John gets the ball in the box.. shoots from 10 yards out.. Howard blocks the shot.

20 minute mark: Cahais trips John in the box.. penalty awarded.. Christian Schulz steps up.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

36 minute mark: Barbosa beats two defenders.. dribbles left of the box.. fires a pass to McFadden in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it.

38 minute mark: Cook passes to King just outside the box.. the keeper comes out to challenge him.. King shoots.. left of the keeper.. it's past him.. heading towards the goal post.. wide left.

Halftime: Down 1-0. They have over 22,000 fans here today.

47 minute mark: Schmidt passes to Ortega.. he passes to King in the box.. King is hesitant.. he doesn't shoot.. he passes back to Ortega.. Ortega passes to McFadden.. a defender intercepts the pass.

59 minute mark: Ortega passes to Barbosa left of the box.. Barbosa passes it to McFadden in the middle of the box.. he shoots... upper left corner.. the keeper easily saves his soft shot.

61 minute mark: Marchetti trips John outside the box.. Marchetti gets a yellow card.

63 minute mark: Oswald on for King and Godoy on for Cook.

65 minute mark: Cahais trips Hitzlsperger.. yellow card for Cahais.

73 minute mark: Alfonso on for McFadden who is exhausted.

78 minute mark: Barbosa passes to Fletcher inside the box.. he shoots.. weak shot that is wide left.

88 minute mark: Tabb steals the ball from Barbosa.. passes it to Postiga.. Postiga dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. right on by Howard.. GOAL. Down 2-0.

Game over. 2-0 loss

They outshot us 22-5 (10-1 on target)

Barbosa wins MoM, 8 for form, 14 of 20 passes, 4 key passes, 2 of 3 tackles, 2 of 7 headers, 2 interceptions, 7 runs, 1 foul drawn.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:13 PM   #67
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Boogaart already needs rest. He never really had much of an offseason. Miller is going to have to step up early in his young career..

Aug 26, 2015 -

We have been put in Group F of the Champions League. This is a very nice draw. The other teams in the group are: Panathinaikos, Dinamo Buc. and Young Boys (apparently a team from Switzerland.)

We've been given 4.8 million dollars for playing in the Champions League Group Stage.

Aug 27, 2015 -

John O'Shea has told the club's website reporters that he expects to be in the first team if he is going to remain with the club.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:21 PM   #68
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 28, 2015 -

Today we play FC Bayern in the European Super Cup. FC Bayern has a very talented keeper in Maarten Stekelenburg who can beat a team on any night by himself. Diego is a very good left winger - the 30 year old Brazilian shows no signs of decline. Nelson Haedo Valdez is a 31 year old striker who has excellent physical abilities. Herve Garcia is a very good centreback who is only 20 and is becoming a very solid player.

We are even odd favorites despite having 11 players away on international duty.

Due to international play, I need to bring up 3 reserve players just to fill out my sub list.

GK: Adriano
DL: O'Shea
DC: Cahais
DR: Brown
ML: Alfonso
MC: Djemba
MC: Godoy
MR: Schreurs
SC: Oswald

S1: Howard
S3: Boogaart (Absolutely will not play this game, but need a name to fill out the 7 subs.)
S4: Salva (doubtful due to injury, and likely will not play.)
S5: Jason Stone (very raw 21 year old right back that I called up due to all of our international away players)
S6: Mark Lambert (raw 22 year old right winger that I called up for same reason.)
S7: James Bailey (20 year old striker who is here for same reason.)

My England U21 Team is playing at the same time...
Old 06-27-2005, 08:33 PM   #69
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Schreurs passes to Oswald.. their defender stops Oswald before he can shoot.

3 minute mark: Lapaczinski takes a free kick from 25 yards out.. Hanke in the box.. heads it.. upper right corner.. Mike Henke scores. GOAL. Down 1-0.

19 minute mark: Alfonso passes to Adriano in the box.. he heads it to schreurs by the right post.. Schreurs shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

22 minute mark: Djemba passes to Oswald in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. past the keeper.. it hits the crossbar.

31 minute mark: Beer passes to Diego in the left side of the box.. he dribbles past Marchetti.. he shoots.. upper right corner... Adriano misplays it.. it's by him.. GOAL. Down 2-0

Halftime: Down 2-0.

51 minute mark: Alfonso crosses to Oswald who heads it to Adriano.. he shoots from 15 yards out.. blistering shot.. over the bar.

63 minute mark: Godoy passes to Oswald in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

Game over. Our guys got their butts handed to them 2-0 loss.

They outshot us 8-6 (3-1 on target)

Adriano had a very bad game in goal.

Schreurs won MoM, 8 for form, 22 of 26 passes, 3 key passes, 3 of 3 tackles, 1 of 3 headers, 8 runs, 2 fouls drawn.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:56 PM   #70
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 29, 2015 -

The Wolves have made an offer of 4.6 million for David Harper.

I counter with an offer of 4.6 million plus 25% of next sale.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:16 AM   #71
Scholes
High School Varsity

Do you ever send your scouts out? And if so, where? I only recently started sending some to Africa and there are some real gems there (Mokoena, etc.) Had your scouts rated him, or did you just discover him?

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know I'm reading and enjoying this.
Scholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:41 AM   #72
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholes
Do you ever send your scouts out? And if so, where? I only recently started sending some to Africa and there are some real gems there (Mokoena, etc.) Had your scouts rated him, or did you just discover him?

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know I'm reading and enjoying this.

Thanks for the compliment. I send my scouts out, but I admit that I haven't sent them out that much to Africa. Liverpool beat me to Mokoena and I'm going to start scouting Africa more heavily. I only discovered him when I heard of the negotiations between his club and Liverpool. Whenever a rival is negotiating with a club, I scout the player to see if I want to poach on the deal. I was too late to interrupt this deal however.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:07 PM   #73
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 29, 2015 -

Today we play against Greece in the European Championship Qualifying Match. My English Team is in flux as many of our guys are becoming old without enough youth developing yet. Greece could be a tough match for us today. Their top players are centreback Antonis Rikkas and keeper Kleopas Giannou.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's is sunny with temperatures in the 60's.

GK: Chris Taylor (now that he has left my team he is getting some regular PT. Lancaster and Robinson have been disappointing lately. Time for Taylor to get a start.)
DL: Steve Turner
DC: Ben Bennett
DC: Billy Jones
DR: Glen Johnson
ML: Stewart Downing
MC: John Collins
MC: Michael Wood
MR: Christopher Eagles
SC: Wayne Rooney
SC: Jermain Defoe

S1: Paul Robinson
S2: Wayne Dunn
S3: Craig King
S4: Bob Wright
S5: David Evans
S6: John Hall
S7: Mark Tucker
Old 06-28-2005, 09:27 PM   #74
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Downing passes to Collins.. he shoots from 25 yards out.. just over the bar.

21 minute mark: Eagles dribbles over the endline.. I hate when my wingers make those mistakes.

23 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney just outside the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. catches it.

31 minute mark: Glen Johnson gets a yellow card for trippng one of their strikers.

36 minute mark: Wood passes to Collins outside the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. catches it.

43 minute mark: Downing passes it to Collins in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. catches it.

Halftime: 0-0 tie.

46 minute mark: Downing dribbles past two defenders.. crosses it to the right side of the box.. Defoe heads it.. right of the box.

48 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney 25 yards out.. he unleashes a powerful banana shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper pushes it over the bar.

52 minute mark: Chris Taylor with a very long kick.. Defoe gets the ball just in front of the two centrebacks.. he spins away from the defenders.. shoots.. upper left corner.. powerful shot from 20 yards out.. the keeper dives.. misses it! GOAL!!!!! 1-0.

70 minute mark: Evans on for Turner, Hall on for Collins.

72 minute mark: Downing dribbles past a defender.. crosses it to the middle of the box.. Defoe heads it.. over the bar.

74 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the left side of the box.. the keeper charged him to challenge him.. Rooney chips it over the keeper.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0!

83 minute mark: Wright on for Rooney.

Game over. 2-0 win for us

We outshot them 24-1 (12-0 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 10 for form, 22 of 24 passes, 2 key passes, 3 of 3 tackles, 3 of 4 headers, 28 runs, 2 fouls drawn, 1 assist.

Eagles had a 9 for form.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:46 PM   #75
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 30, 2015 -

Juventus have bid 29 million dollars plus Jose (a mediocre 23 year old striker) in exchange for Carlos Godoy! I like Godoy quite a bit, but this kid is 24 and isn't quite a premiere right winger/midfielder/forward. I'm a bit surprised at their bid. He is only "worth" 13 million. I like Godoy, and I need to get him into more matches regularly. However, I will sell Godoy if they make it 50 million as I just have some surplus at the position.

Of course, I don't expect them to bid 50 million.

Aug 31, 2015 -

Arsenal have signed 23 year old midfielder Herve Remy from Leeds for 9 million dollars. A nice pickup for Arsenal as he adds nice depth to the midfield.

Aston Villa spent 15 million to sign Diego Cardozo, a talented defender, from Deportivo. Another nice signing that I missed out on. Come on scouts.. do your job!

The Wolves surprise me by pulling their bid for Harper.

I decide to add 3 scouts to my staff today. I'm tired of missing on some of these good prospects.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:56 PM   #76
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 31, 2015 -

I've signed Simon Ambrose from Middlesbrough as a scout. I have to compensate them 30,000 dollars.

I've signed Gil Prescott from Stockport as a new scout. I've had to reimburse them 48,000 dollars.

I've signed Wesley Sonck from Murcia as a new scout. I've had to compensate them 24,000 dollars.

Sep 1, 2015 -

The board is very pleased with my performance as manager.

Helder Barbosa has won the EPL Player of the Month. Freddy Adu of Chelsea came in 2nd, and Thorben Marx of Middlesbrough came in 3rd.

Derby's Paul Simpson has won the EPL Young Player of the Month. Antonio Ortega came in 2nd, and Luke Briggs of Birmingham City came in 3rd.

Djuradj Vasic of Tottenham won Manager of the Month. Steve Coppell of Fulham came in 2nd, and Jose Luis Mendilibar of Chelsea came in 3rd.

Wayne Rooney swept the goal of the month award with his goals against Arsenal!
Old 06-28-2005, 10:23 PM   #77
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 2, 2015 -

Antonio Ortega had 2 assists for Spain's U21 team in the Euro U21 Championship Qualifying match against Georgia. They won 2-0.

Sep 7, 2015 -

James McFadden has disappointed our supperters by publicly announcing that he is not going to re-sign with the club and he is going to leave as a Bosman after the season is over.

Adriano (the striker) injured his ankle in practice today and is expected to miss about 2 weeks.

Cahais strained his neck in practice today and will miss about 2 weeks.

Mickael Schmidt had injured himself in a French international game on Aug 29th (I just realized this) and he will miss about another 2 weeks

Sep 9, 2015 -

Eric Djemba Djemba has requested to be transfer listed I have too much talent, and can't keep them all happy

Real Madrid and I have been made 4-1 join favorites to win the Champions League. Valencia is third at 6-1. Milan is 8=1. Barcelona is 9-1, and Deportivo is 11-1.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:30 PM   #78
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 12, 2015 -

We host the Wolves in EPL Play today. We are currently in 9th while they are in 8th. The Wolves are led by Michele Sardo who is playing great in goal. Daniel Hofmann and Alexandr Orekhov are playing well in the defense so far this year. Sebastian Battaglia is playing well in the midfield. Bruno Moreira has been playing well at the striker position this year.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 50's.

DR: Miller (Boogaart is just exhausted from too much international play so far.)

S1: Adriano
S2: Godoy
S3: McFadden
S4: Ortega
S5: Lucio
Old 06-28-2005, 10:47 PM   #79
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

12 minute mark: Salva with a long pass to Rooney just outside the box.. the defense closes down on him and knocks the ball away.

19 minute mark: Barbosa collides with Battaglia.. he is hurt.. he has to leave the pitch. I slide Downing to left wing and put Godoy on in the midfield for Barbosa.

22 minute mark: Downing with a corner kick.. to the middle of the box.. Sardo pushes King down! Penalty awarded.. Rooney steps up.. looks confident.. blasts a shot into the upper left corner.. the keeper was late getting there! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

25 minute mark: King was tripped just outside the box.. yellow card for Orekhov. Downing takes the free kick.. curves it around the wall.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.. the defense clears the rebound.

33 minute mark: Godoy passes it to Rooney in the box.. he heads the ball.. upper right corner... it's past the keeper! GOAL!!!! 2-0. Rooney with his second of the game!

44 minute mark: Schreurs picks up an injury just before the half.. will he be able to play the second half? I'm not sure.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us. We have over 65,000 fans here today.

50 minute mark: Schreurs is limping out there.. I pull him for Ortega.

56 minute mark: Downing passes to Godoy.. he fakes out a defender.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. the keeper dives.. it is past him! GOAL!!!! 3-0. That is Godoy's 1st of the year.

60 minute mark: Miller with a good defensive play.

61 minute mark: Miller with a long pass to King right of the box... King centers it to the near post.. Rooney with a header.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0. Rooney has his hattrick!

70 minute mark: McFadden on for Rooney. He gets a standing ovation as he leaves the pitch.

75 minute mark: Godoy passes to Downing the corner of the box.. Downing is tripped.. penalty awarded.. McFadden steps up to take it.. shoots a rather soft shop to the lower left corner.. but the keeper is late getting there! GOAL!!!! 5-0. That is McFadden's 50th career League Goal for us.

79 minute mark: Moreira steals it from Salva.. dribbles into the box.. blasts a shot.. upper left corner.. Howard misplays it. GOAL. 5-1 match.

86 minute mark: Downing passes it into the box.. the defender heads it away.. Godoy heads it from 20 yards.. upper left corner.. the keeper slips.. misplays it... GOAL!!!! 6-1.

Game over. 6-1 win

We outshot them 12-2.

Rooney won MoM, 10 for form, 11 of 14 passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 6 of 11 headers, 1 run, 3 goals.

Downing also had a 10 for form.

Godoy had a 9 for form.

Most of my starters had 8's.

I decide to praise Rooney in the post game media conference.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:03 PM   #80
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Barbosa bruised his ribs and will miss about 3 days.

Sep 13, 2015 -

OH MY! OH MY!!! OH MY!!!!!

My new scout Gil Prescott (who has a reputation as being an excellent scout) has found a 16 year old that KNOCKS my socks off if the impressions are correct....

This 16 year old Spanish striker is already very good physically, however, he lacks good footspeed (it's not bad, just not good.) However, my scout finds him to be very hard working, with a great shooting touch, great heading ability, great dribbling, and great passing. This kid is simply the most amazing 16 year old I've ever seen. He is still a youth, so I won't be able to sign him to a pro contract, but I can poach him from Xerez for 2.8 million dollars! I'm offering him a deal. His agent wants him to be paid 1,000/week plus 20,000 signing bonus. My AM agrees that this kid has "considerable talent" for his age and that we should pay 1,000/week.

I make the offer!

OH MY!!! They also having an amazing looking 16 year old keeper. This kid lacks composure, but hopefully he can develop that.. I only have to pay a million to poach him.. I make the offer.

If either one of these prospects pan out, I'll have to give this scout a lifetime contract. They both look great.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:22 PM   #81
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 14, 2015 -

O'Shea, Downing, and Godoy were all selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Sep 15, 2015 -

Alberto Flores rejected Xerez's new contract offer and accepted my contract offer!!!

The transfer will go through on January 1, 2016.

We will compensate Xerez for 2.8 million dollars.

Antonio Blanco turned down a new contract from Xerez and accepted my contract offer. We will send them a million and he will arrive on Jan 1, 2016.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:25 PM   #82
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 16, 2015 -

Today we host Panathinaikos in a Champions League Match. This should be a win for us, as long as we don't underestimate them. Their best players are keeper Kostas Kanakousakis and midfielder Alexandros Brilakis. Their forwards have not played very well this year. Hopefully, they don't break out against us.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 40's.

GK: Adriano (Time to start working him in more.)
DR: Boogaart (He finally seems to be rested up..)
ML: Downing
MC: Djemba

S3: Schreurs
S4: Oswald
S5: Wood
S6: Cook
S7: Godoy
Old 06-28-2005, 11:43 PM   #83
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

9 minute mark: Thodoris Pappas trips Ortega... yellow card for Pappas.

17 minute mark: Downing with a long cross to the right side of the box.. Ortega knocks it down.. shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. can't get there! GOAL!!!! 1-0. That is Ortega's 1st of the year.

30 minute mark: Ortega with a great dribble past three defenders.. passes it to Djemba in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper barely tips it over the bar.

38 minute mark: Ortega burns three defenders.. dribbles into the right side of the box.. draws another defender over.. very fast pass.. to the far post.. McFadden hits it on the half-volley.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

44 minute mark: Ortega with a gritty play to knock the ball away from the centerback to Djemba outside the box.. Djemba shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper is there.. he misplays it! GOAL!!!! 3-0. Djemba is thrilled with that one.

Halftime: 3-0 lead We have about 65,000 fans here today.

65 minute mark: Oswald on for King and Godoy on for Fletcher.

79 minute mark: Salva gets a yellow card for tripping Vitalis outside the box.

82 minute mark: Downing with a corner kick to the near post.. Godoy outjumps his man.. heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0. Godoy is an amazing leaper.

Game over. 4-0 win

We outshot them 17-0 (11-0 on target)

Ortega wins MoM, 10 for form, 14 of 17 passes, 2 key passes, 2 of 3 tackles, 0 of 3 headers, 1 interception, 29 runs, 3 fouls drawn, 1 assist, and 1 goal.

Downing also had a 10 for form.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:10 AM   #84
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 20, 2015 -

Today we travel to play Middlesbrough in an EPL Match. They are in 13th while we are in 6th. Their defense has been very good early with Jan Lastuvka playing superbly in goal. Despite being 33, he still has top notch reflexes, aerial ability, and is one of the top keepers in the EPL. Christophe Sanchez is a 25 year old French striker who has blazing speed and a great shot. He has 4 goals in 2 starts! Thorben Marx is playing well in the midfield. Leon Andreasen and Benjamin Weigelt are playing solid defense.

We are 4-5 favorites.

DL: O'Shea (Schmidt is still recovering from his injury)
DR: Miller
MC: Cook
SC: King (Adriano is still doubtful and will get more rest to recover from his injury)

s2: Ortega
S3: Barbosa
S4: Godoy
S5: Alfonso
Old 06-29-2005, 12:23 AM   #85
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Miller with a good defensive play.. long pass to King.. Steven Taylor trips him.. Taylor gets a yellow card.

10 minute mark: Howard stops a bullet shot from marx from 25 yards out.

12 minute mark: Salva with a pair of good defensive plays.

14 minute mark: Miller gets away with a warning after tripping Acosta.

17 minute mark: Howard gets compeltely out of position as Sanchez passes to Kaka right of the box.. he immediately passes to Collins by the far post.. Collins taps it in for an easy goal. Terrible play by Howard and the defense.

20 minute mark: Cook gets a yellow card for pushing Marx.

25 minute mark: Cook passes to Rooney just outside the box.. he shoots.. powerful curving shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. catches it cleanly.

29 minute mark: Acosta passes to Sanchez just outside the box.. he puts a good crossover dribble past Salva... dribbles two more steps.. shoots.. lower right corner.. Howard dives.. that was a nasty shot.. GOAL. Down 2-0.

41 minute mark: Downing with a corner kick to Cook.. he heads it.. upper left corner.. the keeper catches it cleanly.

Halftime: Down 2-0. They have over 35,000 fans here today.

Godoy on for Cook who is having a bad game.

50 minute mark: Marx collided with Fletcher.. He appears to be hurt.

63 minute mark: Alfonso on for Downing and Barbosa on for Rooney.

74 minute mark: Alfonso passes to Barbosa in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

Game over. Very disappointing 2-0 loss.

We were outshot 7-6 (6-5 on target)

Jan Lastuvka won MoM, 8 for form, 5 saves, 18 of 28 passes.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:57 AM   #86
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 25, 2015 -

We drew Stoke (12th in English Championship) for our third round English League Cup Match. I'm happy with this draw.

Sep 26, 2015 -

Today we travel to play Charlton in an EPL Match. They are in 10th while we are in 7th. Charlton is led by the scoring of Rob Morgan at striker and Mohamed Sissoko at midfield. Stephan Andersen is a good keeper. The rest of the team appears distinctly average. Porcellis is still a good striker potentially, but he is having a bad year so far.

In past meetings, we've had 14 wins, 5 draws, and 1 loss.

We are 2-5 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 60's.

GK: Adriano

S2: Schreurs
S3: Cook
S4: Cahais
S5: Wright
Old 06-29-2005, 01:18 AM   #87
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Liam Walker trips Fletcher.. he gets away with a warning.

24 minute mark: Boogaart shoots form 30 yards out.. inches wide left.

35 minute mark: McFadden with a breakaway.. being chased by two defenders.. dribbles into the box.. shoots VERY far wide left.

36 minute mark: Salva gets a yellow card for holding Porcellis back.

44 minute mark: Barbosa passes to McFadden.. he shoots from 20 yards out.. wide right.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. They have over 27,000 fans here today.

Ortega picked up a knock just before the half, I put Schreurs on for him.

47 minute mark: Salva passes to Schreurs.. he is 30 yards out.. he shoots.. powerful curving shot.. inches wide right as it curves into the sidenetting.

51 minute mark: Adriano stops a long shot from Sissoko.

58 minute mark: Wright on for King who is very tired. We are playing poorly.

61 minute mark: Salva passes to Godoy.. Godoy dribbles past two midfielders.. draws another defender over.. threads a perfect leading pass to McFadden who is wide open in the left side of the box.. he immediately shoots from 18 yards out.. upper left corner.. it's past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

64 minute mark: McCormack gets the ball in the box.. he shoots from 10 yards out.. Adriano punches it over the bar.

66 minute mark: Boogaart with a good defensive play.. starts the counter attack.. passes to Godoy at midpitch.. he plays a perfect through ball to McFadden just outside the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. wide right.

72 minute mark: Adriano stops a point blank shot from Walker.

75 minute mark: Long kick from their keeper to Walker in our zone.. he heads it along.. McCormack gets it.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. Adriano dives.. he misses it. GOAL. 1-1.

82 minute mark: Godoy passes it into the box for Wright.. he is tackled before he can shoot.

89 minute mark: Barbosa passes it into the box to Wright.. he is tackled before he can be shoot.

Game over. 1-1 tie. Our team is officially playing terribly. I think all of the turmoil and desire for more PT is causing our guys to start losing cohesion and playing some bad games.

We were outshot 17-11 (9-4 on target)

Adriano wins MoM, 9 for form, 8 saves, 8 of 24 passing.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:55 PM   #88
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 28, 2015 -

Adriano, Boogaart, and Fletcher were all named to the EPL Team of the Week.

Sep 29, 2015 -

Today we play Dinamo Buc on the road in the Champions League Match. They are a fairly weak Romanian team and we should be able to beat them easily. Their best player is Andrei Moldovan - A speed striker without much else going for him.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 60's.

DR: Miller

S2: McFadden
S3: Cahais
S4: Oswald
S5: O'Shea
S6: Barbosa
S7: King
Old 06-29-2005, 06:19 PM   #89
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

16 minute mark: Schreurs passes into the box for Rooney.. a defender tackles Rooney as he is about to shoot.. and sends the ball past his keeper into the goal! Own GOAL!!!! 1-0 lead for us.

36 minute mark: Godoy crosses it to the near post.. Adriano heads it.. wide right.

46 minute mark: Godoy with a nice pass into the box.. Rooney gets it.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us.

55 minute mark: Howard stops a long range shot from Iacob.

62 minute mark: McFadden on for Rooney and King on for Adriano.

72 minute mark: Godoy passes to King in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper misplays it.. it is past him.. it hits the crossbar.

74 minute mark: Cahais on for Schmidt.

88 minute mark: Cahais passes it long to McFadden.. he chips it over the keeper from 20 yards out.. wide left.

89 minute mark: Godoy passes to King in the box.. great pass! King shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0! King with his first goal of the year. Godoy is starting to show me that he might be a great midfielder

Game over. 3-0 win.

We outshot them 13-9 (8-2 on target)

Godoy wins MoM, 9 for form, 29 of 33 passes, 4 key passes, 4 of 7 tackles, 9 of 9 headers, 2 interceptions, 2 runs, 3 assists!
Old 06-29-2005, 06:31 PM   #90
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Can we get ss's of those 2 young Spanish stars-to-be?
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:39 PM   #91
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 1, 2015 -

The board is only "satisfied" with my performance as manager.

Middlesbrough's John Collins suffered an ankle sprain. He will miss England's upcoming matches and wll be out for about 4 weeks.

Arsenal's Salomon Kalou has won the EPL Player of the Month Award. Steve Edwards of Leeds came in 2nd, and Mohamed Sissoko of Charlton came in 3rd.

West Ham's Victor has won the EPL Young Player of the Month Award. Paul Simpson of Derby came in 2nd, and Andrea Salerno of Middlesbrough came in 3rd.

Middlesbrough's Tony Mowbray has won EPL Manager of the Month. David Wilson of West Brom came in 2nd, and Steve Coppell of Fulham came in 3rd.

October 2, 2015 -

Lucio broke his collarbone in practice today. He'll miss about a month.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:40 PM   #92
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
Can we get ss's of those 2 young Spanish stars-to-be?

Sure, of course, perhaps they might not be as exciting as I initially thought. However, these are two of the best looking 16 year olds I've ever seen
Old 06-29-2005, 07:02 PM   #93
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

His first touch is a bit low and his physical skills will hopefully get higher, but here is the striker first. (I'm more excited about him.)

Old 06-29-2005, 07:04 PM   #94
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

If I saw a 16 year old like that I'd probably have to put on a new pair of boxers.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 07:05 PM   #95
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This is the best looking 16 year old keeper I've ever seen. Particularly, his aerial ability. Hopefully, at least one of these guys lives up to their potential.

Old 06-29-2005, 07:09 PM   #96
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
If I saw a 16 year old like that I'd probably have to put on a new pair of boxers.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks he is exciting. I'm just trying to temper my enthusiasm in case he doesn't work out.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:29 PM   #97
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 3, 2015 -

Today we host Cyprus in an European Championship Qualifying Match. They are a weak team that doesn't have any clear stars.

We are 1-8 favorites!

It's sunny with temperatures in the 60's.

GK: Taylor
DL: Turner
DC: Morris
DC: Bennett
DR: Johnson
ML: Hall
MC: Reo-Coker
MC: Wood
MR: Eagles
SC: Luke Moore

S1: Robinson
S2: Evans
S3: Cook
S4: Tucker
S5: Dunn
S6: Downing
S7: Hargreaves
Old 06-29-2005, 07:47 PM   #98
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

12 minute mark: Hall passes to Moore in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.

14 minute mark: Wood with a nice pass to King in the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

22 minute mark: Wood passes through two defenders.. to king in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

27 minute mark: Eagles dribbles into the right edge of the box.. he crosses it to Hall.. Hall shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

Halftime: 3-0 lead. We have over 78,000 fans here today.

61 minute mark: Hall passes to Eagles in the box.. Eagles shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!! 4-0.

66 minute mark: Hall passes to King in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GoaL!!!! 5-0.

69 minute mark: Eagles passes to king right of the box.. King centers it to the far post.. Moore with a header.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!! 6-0.

Hall on for Downing and Hargreaves on for Eagles.

81 minute mark: Cook on for Wood.

Game over. 6-0 win

We outshot them 17-0 (9-0 on target)

Craig King won MoM, 10 for form, 8 of 8 passes, 1 key pass, 1 of 1 tackles, 2 of 12 headers, 1 interception, 3 runs, 1 foul drawn, 1 assist, and 3 goals.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:21 PM   #99
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 6, 2015 -

Bolton sacked Ruud Gullit today.

John Hall thanked me for allowing him to score his first International goal in the game the other day.

Antonio Ortega had 2 goals for Spain's U21 team in their 3-1 win over Finland in the Euro U21 Championship Qualifying match.

My England U21 team tied Austria 0-0 and now has to play Israel in the playoff Qualifying Match.

Those matches will be November 13th and 17th.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:52 PM   #100
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 7, 2015 -

Today we play Austria in the European Championship Qualifying Match. They are a relatively weak team that we are expected to beat easily. Their only real potential star player is Martin Six a striker who plays for Austria Vienna.

We are 1-2 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 40's.

GK: Taylor
DL: Turner
DC: Morris
DC: Bennett
DR: Johnson
MC: Reo-Coker
MC: Wood
MR: Eagles
SC: Tucker (I'm trying to give Rooney time off this past week or so.)

S1: Robinson
S2: Evans
S3: Hall
S4: Rooney (only if we are down)
S5: Dunn
S6: Cook
s7: Defoe