GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 09:23 PM   #26252
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I'm glad I'm too broke to ever know.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Are you sure you're broke? According to Bidenomics you should be doing fantastic.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:18 AM   #26253
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I spent $325 at the best Boise steakhouse on Christmas night.

Worth it, but, eating cheap for a while.

We went for our anniversary and that's about what our bill was. We both went with the Australian wagyu and it was worth every penny. But yeah, I don't think I'm willing spend $150 a person to eat out very often.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 11:25 AM   #26254
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Tiger Woods ending his partnership with Nike is pretty huge news. He was such a staple
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 11:55 AM   #26255
Edward64
Head Coach

I've had wagyu but pretty sure it was the not-so-real wagyu, it wasn't that great. But man, $325 for steak ... assume there was some wine that went with it. I do miss taking clients to fancy restaurants and splurging without a second thought.

I'm happy with the Tomahawk or a nice bone-in ribeye.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 12:36 PM   #26256
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I've had wagyu but pretty sure it was the not-so-real wagyu, it wasn't that great. But man, $325 for steak ... assume there was some wine that went with it. I do miss taking clients to fancy restaurants and splurging without a second thought.

I'm happy with the Tomahawk or a nice bone-in ribeye.

$325 was for 2 Australian wagyu steaks, one ribeye and one filet. Both pretty good size. One appetizer, one very large baked potato that with carne asada and other toppings, 2 drinks, 2 desserts.

They had Japanese A5 on the menu but I wasn't going to pay 50% more for half the meat when even the waiter said he preferred the Australian wagyu to the A5.
Old 01-08-2024, 12:49 PM   #26257
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Are you sure you're broke? According to Bidenomics you should be doing fantastic.
I work for a living. I have never had that kind of money under any president. We did the $45 dollar all you can eat steak at Fogo de Chao for our anniversary a couple of years ago. That is as close as I will ever get, and I wouldn't pay that again for what we got.
Old 01-08-2024, 12:52 PM   #26258
thesloppy
Pro Starter

On NYE I went to a thai restaurant in San Francisco that has a Michelin star & ended up spending $150 on a beef cheek massaman curry, 3 drinks and panna cotta, which is definitely the most I've ever spent on a single meal. Still haven't decided if it was worth it or not.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 01:38 PM   #26259
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I work for a living. I have never had that kind of money under any president. We did the $45 dollar all you can eat steak at Fogo de Chao for our anniversary a couple of years ago. That is as close as I will ever get, and I wouldn't pay that again for what we got.

Fond memories of that papaya smoothie dessert!
Old 01-08-2024, 02:49 PM   #26260
GrantDawg

Quote:
Fond memories of that papaya smoothie dessert!
I think the sides bar was the highlight of the evening
Old 01-08-2024, 04:54 PM   #26261
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I've never not done well under any President. And if I did less well at any particular time, it was more due to personal circumstances than anything going on in the country.

We don't splurge all that much, but we usually hit Melting Pot 2-3 times a year and maybe a steakhouse once or twice. Those are expensive. Everything else is just the normal upscale fast or standard sit down. We rarely even go to Wendy's, Arby's, etc., anymore since the kids left the house and we aren't running around to sports 4-5 days a week.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 05:09 PM   #26262
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I think the sides bar was the highlight of the evening

First place I had hearts of palm.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:29 PM   #26263
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

omg i had no idea Mick Box was still around...but here he is still touring with uriah heep!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 11:36 AM   #26264
Edward64
Head Coach

If you ever wondered, the oldest male name actually recorded in antiquity is

Quote:
While there is some debate on who is the oldest named person on record, for the most part, many researchers agree that Kushim is the oldest known name in the world, dating back to around 3400 to 3000 BCE. Surprisingly, Kushim wasn’t a king or ruler, they were an accountant. All of the tablets baring Kushim’s name appear to be accounting reports for various goods like barley.

And the oldest woman's name ... a little harder to pronounce

Quote:
Neithhotep is the earliest named woman in history, who held a position of great importance in Ancient Egypt. She was the queen consort of either Narmer or his successor Hor-Aha.
Old 01-09-2024, 02:17 PM   #26265
Edward64
Head Coach

Regarding Jimmy Kimmel vs Aaron Rodgers ...

If I was in a room, I'd prefer Kimmel over Rogers. But honestly, I don't think Kimmel has much to bitch about.

In his monologues he jokes about and insults public personalities behind the shield of comedy. If Rodgers wants to state something distasteful about Kimmel who has done infinitely worse to others in the spirit of comedy, I'm good with it.

It was easy enough to dismiss and didn't need the faux outrage IMO.
Old 01-09-2024, 02:22 PM   #26266
molson
General Manager

Quote:
In his monologues he jokes about and insults public personalities behind the shield of comedy. If Rodgers wants to state something distasteful about Kimmel who has done infinitely worse to others in the spirit of comedy, I'm good with it.

Kimmel made a distinction about that. He talked about how he had a whole legal team to make sure his jokes aren't unlawfully defaming anyone.

Accusing someone of being a pedophile seems a little different. Especially when it's outside the scope of any comedy context, and isn't done as a joke.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 02:25 PM   #26267
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Kimmel made a distinction about that. He talked about how he had a whole legal team to make sure his jokes aren't unlawfully defaming anyone.

Accusing someone of being a pedophile seems a little different. Especially when it's outside the scope of any comedy context, and isn't done as a joke.

Exactly

When I turn on Kimmel I expect comedy and I understand that everything should be looked at within that scope.

Rodgers says stupid shit all the time that he presents as fact. Coming out after the backlash to claim it was a joke doesn't give him a free pass.
Old 01-09-2024, 03:39 PM   #26268
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

guy that jumped the bench was back in court with the same judge. Sentenced to 19 to 48 months. For the ORIGINAL case. He will then face the NEW charges with a different judge which I can guarantee will be MUCH much worse...
Old 01-09-2024, 06:07 PM   #26269
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

Sure, I absolutely agree it's different. I agree his jokes aren't unlawful and there are times when he's apologize, that's great.

However, considering how Kimmel has a free pass and big bully pulpit to pick on someone or some group under the guise (?) of comedy and satire, he gets no sympathy from me.

I'm not talking about asshole politicians or asshole athletes, I'm talking about individuals and groups of people he's hurt/insulted with his wit. See list below (there's other incidents). So yeah, he's apologized and moved on, increased his fame, gotten his money ... but those hurt, insulted, lost their moment to shine etc. will remember.

Here are the Biggest Jimmy Kimmel Scandals and Controversies

So no, Chris Rock doesn't get a pass for making fun of Will Smith's wife in a public stage like that. I'm okay with Will smacking him and embarrassing him in public. Kimmel isn't at the level but I'm okay with Rodgers mocking him.

FWIW, this is not a woke awakening by me. I see 2 big boys that have gotten personal. First boy insults, make fun of the other multiple times on a big stage; and the second fights back with innuendos. I'm good with that. I hope it goes court. I want to see how it plays out.
Old 01-09-2024, 07:19 PM   #26270
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm okay with Will smacking him and embarrassing him in public

You lost me at this line. Stupid jokes shouldn't be met with violence. If they were then I would've spent half my life in the hospital.

Will Smith should've been ejected from the building that night.
Old 01-09-2024, 07:30 PM   #26271
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
You lost me at this line. Stupid jokes shouldn't be met with violence. If they were then I would've spent half my life in the hospital.

Will Smith should've been ejected from the building that night.

I actually agree he should be have ejected. No problem there.

And Chris Rock should have joined him. He made fun of Jada's medical condition. You characterize it as stupid, I characterize it as mean AND personal. When you make fun of a man's wife in front of millions of viewers, in front of her and his peers etc. Yeah you better expect a smack.

If I was in that jury trial, I'd say guilty and give Will a slap on the wrist with a wink wink.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-09-2024 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2024, 10:05 PM   #26272
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

And Chris Rock should have joined him. He made fun of Jada's medical condition. You characterize it as stupid, I characterize it as mean AND personal. When you make fun of a man's wife in front of millions of viewers, in front of her and his peers etc. Yeah you better expect a smack.

If I was in that jury trial, I'd say guilty and give Will a slap on the wrist with a wink wink.

No I don't expect a smack. I expect public and/or private criticism. Speech like does not warrant violence.
Old 01-10-2024, 02:37 AM   #26273
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Guess I shouldn’t take out the cardboard at 3AM…some Karen thought I was choking my wife in the driveway which inspired a 4 car police response in something like 5 minutes. Hella fucking awkward
Old 01-10-2024, 02:39 AM   #26274
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I looked at the ring camera, I guess it’s possible someone driving by could have thought as much, I did have a whole bunch of cardboard in my arms at one time.
Old 01-10-2024, 04:58 AM   #26275
Edward64
Head Coach

TBH I’d feel somewhat reassured that 4 police cars arrived in 5 min at 3am.
Old 01-10-2024, 07:47 AM   #26276
GrantDawg

I'm sitting in a meeting with former Georgia State Secretary of Agriculture Gary Black. I have seen him speak before, but now that he is out of office he has turned on the personality. He would have likely been Senator if Hershel hadn't sucked the air out of that primary.

Old 01-10-2024, 08:03 AM   #26277
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm sitting in a meeting with former Georgia State Secretary of Agriculture Gary Black. I have seen him speak before, but now that he is out of office he has turned on the personality. He would have likely been Senator if Hershel hadn't sucked the air out of that primary.

You are not the first person I've heard say something along those lines.

Reminds me -- in terms of how things went & such -- a bit of Bob Dole, in the sense that if the candidate had shown the same personality as the non-candidate, he would have fared better.
Old 01-10-2024, 08:42 AM   #26278
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Regarding Jimmy Kimmel vs Aaron Rodgers ...

If I was in a room, I'd prefer Kimmel over Rogers. But honestly, I don't think Kimmel has much to bitch about.

It was easy enough to dismiss and didn't need the faux outrage IMO.

I have been meaning to ask this question. Have the rules changed on the expected reactions that come from accusing a man of pedophilia? I know all the lines have been blurred but I feel that the reason a man doesn't want someone to falsely accuse him of pedophilia or for most men to just casually accuse a man of pedophilia is because we expect the reaction from the community to be at least a savage beating of the accused. I mean we would not be surprised if we heard that the man down the street that has been accused of pedophilia has been savagely beaten by someone or more than someone. I hear those that are saying we have advanced passed the primitive behavior. But are we? We just had people shooting at a pizza joint over pedophilia accusations.

I am not saying that Kimmel has not said worse things. I am pretty sure I have never watched any of his comedy. Maybe Kimmel has accused others of pedophilia as well. If he has I would say the same for him as well. The recent trend of casually accusing people of pedophilia to take a shot at them feels dangerous.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 09:18 AM   #26279
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I have been meaning to ask this question. Have the rules changed on the expected reactions that come from accusing a man of pedophilia? I know all the lines have been blurred but I feel that the reason a man doesn't want someone to falsely accuse him of pedophilia or for most men to just casually accuse a man of pedophilia is because we expect the reaction from the community to be at least a savage beating of the accused. I mean we would not be surprised if we heard that the man down the street that has been accused of pedophilia has been savagely beaten by someone or more than someone. I hear those that are saying we have advanced passed the primitive behavior. But are we? We just had people shooting at a pizza joint over pedophilia accusations.

The rules haven't changed but they are different for regular people and for the "big boys". If the first big boy continues to make fun at the second big boy, and the second big boy fights back with innuendos, the first big boy should suck it up. If you can dish out crap and hide behind it was just comedy/satire, then don't go crying to mommy when someone gives you crap back.

Quote:
I am not saying that Kimmel has not said worse things. I am pretty sure I have never watched any of his comedy. Maybe Kimmel has accused others of pedophilia as well. If he has I would say the same for him as well. The recent trend of casually accusing people of pedophilia to take a shot at them feels dangerous.

No, Kimmel has not accused other of pedophilia. But I do propose the specific pedophilia accusation is besides the point when talking about "big boys".

The question for me is: who has insulted more people, made fun of more people, harmed more people, ridiculed more people etc.

It is fair to say that Rodgers with his anti-vax position may have done more on any of those categories. My position is both are at fault. Both have caused harm through their words ... Rodgers through his lies and anti-vax position, Kimmel through his ridicule that are protected because it is satire but still impacts people adversely (see my link to article above).
Old 01-10-2024, 09:40 AM   #26280
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

who cares about smith's wife. fuck smith's wife. everyone else has
Old 01-10-2024, 10:06 AM   #26281
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

For the last 10 days or so, my gmail spam filters have been much worse. Or spam has gotten a lot better. I am getting a lot more spam in my inbox.

Have others noticed this recently?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 10:06 AM   #26282
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola: I wonder if they are starting to use AI/LLMs to start to fool the filters.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 10:24 AM   #26283
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Should Jada have smacked Will? I mean his first instinctual response was to laugh, right?

When one thinks about it as the joke came out of Rock's mouth security should have come in and removed him. At the same time removed Smith, and anyone else that laughed for encouraging this type of behavior.

It comes across as toally woke to me, right up to the point of a physical response is ok because your feelings were hurt.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 12:41 PM   #26284
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
The rules haven't changed but they are different for regular people and for the "big boys". If the first big boy continues to make fun at the second big boy, and the second big boy fights back with innuendos, the first big boy should suck it up. If you can dish out crap and hide behind it was just comedy/satire, then don't go crying to mommy when someone gives you crap back.

No, Kimmel has not accused other of pedophilia. But I do propose the specific pedophilia accusation is besides the point when talking about "big boys".

The question for me is: who has insulted more people, made fun of more people, harmed more people, ridiculed more people etc.

It is fair to say that Rodgers with his anti-vax position may have done more on any of those categories. My position is both are at fault. Both have caused harm through their words ... Rodgers through his lies and anti-vax position, Kimmel through his ridicule that are protected because it is satire but still impacts people adversely (see my link to article above).

What if Rodgers involved Kimmel's son with the heart condition? Not his wife or other kids that specific kid. Is he fair game that Kimmel has to suck up? I am just trying to see where the line is or if there is a line at all when it comes to famous people making accusations against other famous people. Also while you may be making that distinction, I don't think the distinction between famous people and regular people is that significant.

To be fair, I don't know what accusations have been made by Kimmel against Rodgers or what it may involve. I just feel like pedophilia is the line that historically people stayed away from. The recent trend of throwing the pedo accusation around so casually is strange to me.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 01-10-2024, 12:47 PM   #26285
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
It comes across as toally woke to me, right up to the point of a physical response is ok because your feelings were hurt.

Not to re-hash that whole thing but this is where we are drawing the line for when a physical response to someone who hurt one's feelings is not ok?
Old 01-10-2024, 02:13 PM   #26286
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Should Jada have smacked Will? I mean his first instinctual response was to laugh, right?

I'm going to give Will the benefit of doubt. Out of the blue surprise, on the big stage, etc. he was wondering WTF and nervously or instinctively laughed. So yeah, I can see Jada slapping him but I'm okay if she didn't.

Now if Will continued to laugh and tease Jada on the drive home, no problem if Jada kneed him in the balls.

Quote:

I'd take it as a personal attack on my family which requires a response. I think slapping someone on the big stage, who attacked my family on my big stage, doesn't fit the characteristics of woke to me.
Old 01-10-2024, 02:28 PM   #26287
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Not to re-hash that whole thing but this is where we are drawing the line for when a physical response to someone who hurt one's feelings is not ok?

What is your line?

Would you ever resort to physical violence (let’s say a slap or a punch but not seriously hurting someone) if someone said things that hurt, attacked, ridiculed etc. you or your family?
Old 01-10-2024, 02:31 PM   #26288
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Hurt, attacked, and ridiculed are 3 very different things. Kimmel ridiculed Aaron Rogers and that's what his jokes do. Rogers said something meant to attack Kimmel. Calling someone a pedophile isn't ridicule.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 03:59 PM   #26289
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
Hurt, attacked, and ridiculed are 3 very different things. Kimmel ridiculed Aaron Rogers and that's what his jokes do. Rogers said something meant to attack Kimmel. Calling someone a pedophile isn't ridicule.

In this case, they are the same thing with different flavors.

Kimmel did all 3 with Rodgers. Rodgers did all 3 with Kimmel. And Kimmel did more times to Rodgers than reverse.

If we want to parse words, I'm good with it. I'll let you explain to me how those 3 words are very different things. In the meantime, I'll toss out that Rodgers did not call Kimmel a pedophile, he insinuated it but he could just have been insinuating that Kimmel was a sex pervert (or God) who liked orgies with adult women/men.

Kimmel expects people to have thick skin (or doesn't care) when he is blasting them. He should grow some himself.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-10-2024 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2024, 05:17 PM   #26290
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

What is your line?

Would you ever resort to physical violence (let’s say a slap or a punch but not seriously hurting someone) if someone said things that hurt, attacked, ridiculed etc. you or your family?
Old 01-10-2024, 05:54 PM   #26291
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
What is your line?

Standing up in front of my family, friends, past present, future employers and insinuating that I was part of an infamous child trafficking ring that included other members of my industry would be a starting point. I don't think that is a controversial position. Especially when I know that if I don't defend immediately myself from that specific accusation, the assumption is that it must be true because why wouldn't I defend myself if it were not true. My line is probably a few steps before that but I have long accepted that things that would have caused punches to be thrown years ago are the norm now and have chosen to be around people who wouldn't push to that line. That is why I asked about this specific accusation. If being accused of pedophilia is something people are just letting slide, that is a change from what I know.

Quote:

Of course and I am not saying that with any sense of pride. I have no issue describing myself as a recovering caveman. Place a family member in the above situation, I would probably resort to acting like a caveman if the intervention of my wife or my mother does not occur first.
Old 01-11-2024, 05:39 PM   #26292
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Relatively minor food tip / discovery

We all know "seafood salad" or "crab salad". A buffet staple, some variation of (imitation) crab meat and mayo, sometimes with fillers like celery or (even worse) green peas.

Publix version might be the first I've seen that includes tiny shrimp.

There's nothing here but crab, shrimp, and some mayo-based dressing to bind it together. Priced at their standard $7.99/pound in the deli, it's around the same as competitors versions but a definite 1.5 notches above them in quality.

Having now finished the (half pound) container in one sitting, I'm pretty comfortable saying that's the best version of the classic I've ever had. Really simple but darned tasty.
Old 01-12-2024, 08:47 AM   #26293
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I have no idea what this means. The response is to one specific post and one specific situation, not generalizing about the whole world.
Old 01-12-2024, 09:00 AM   #26294
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'm going to give Will the benefit of doubt. Out of the blue surprise, on the big stage, etc. he was wondering WTF and nervously or instinctively laughed. So yeah, I can see Jada slapping him but I'm okay if she didn't.

Now if Will continued to laugh and tease Jada on the drive home, no problem if Jada kneed him in the balls.

I'd take it as a personal attack on my family which requires a response. I think slapping someone on the big stage, who attacked my family on my big stage, doesn't fit the characteristics of woke to me.

You know Smith could have just stood up and said "keep my wife's name out of your mouth" without going on stage, right? Shame(?) Rock in front of a world wide audience. Use words against Rock's words.

So if he was chuckling in the car on the way home and said Rock's joke was funny she's ok to knee him in the balls?

What if he got physical with her for fucking around? Is that personal enough to justify getting physical too?

As you already asked.. Where is the line?
Old 01-12-2024, 09:12 AM   #26295
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
You know Smith could have just stood up and said "keep my wife's name out of your mouth" without going on stage, right? Shame(?) Rock in front of a world wide audience. Use words against Rock's words.

Yes, he could have done that. I agree that is the better solution. But I'm still okay with him slapping Rock on the public stage that Rock used to "hurt, attacked, ridiculed" him and family.

Quote:
So if he was chuckling in the car on the way home and said Rock's joke was funny she's ok to knee him in the balls?

Yes.

Quote:
What if he got physical with her for fucking around? Is that personal enough to justify getting physical too?

No. As a male, other than a few extreme exceptions, you don't get physically violent with a woman.

Quote:
As you already asked.. Where is the line?

There are many lines and it does depend on the situation/context.

I've already clearly stated one of those lines ... for the big boys, if someone "hurt, attacks, ridiculed" you or family on a big public stage, I'm okay with a slap. If it's just your asshole co-worker, I'd just report 'em and walk away.

My same question to you that I asked miami_fan ...

Old 01-12-2024, 09:14 AM   #26296
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Place a family member in the above situation, I would probably resort to acting like a caveman if the intervention of my wife or my mother does not occur first.

Welcome (back?) to the caveman club.
Old 01-13-2024, 09:42 AM   #26297
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yes, he could have done that. I agree that is the better solution. But I'm still okay with him slapping Rock on the public stage that Rock used to "hurt, attacked, ridiculed" him and family.

Yes.

No. As a male, other than a few extreme exceptions, you don't get physically violent with a woman.

There are many lines and it does depend on the situation/context.

I've already clearly stated one of those lines ... for the big boys, if someone "hurt, attacks, ridiculed" you or family on a big public stage, I'm okay with a slap. If it's just your asshole co-worker, I'd just report 'em and walk away.

My same question to you that I asked miami_fan ...

Your question is three part without context, so one answer doesn't fit all parameters.

Hurt, is that physically or feelings?

Attack, is that physically or with words?

Ridicule? Gets a verbal response.

Physical? Probably would be matched with physical, but that also depends on context. A guy touches my shoulder with a "what are you going to do about it?" is going to see me laugh in his face and verbally humiliate him.

Slapping or hitting someone and not be willing to go to "seriously hurting" is like drawing a gun and not being willing to use it, ie STUPID. Hell in my example above touching someone isn't exactly smart either, the first one to get physical in any way may get a response that is life changing. What's that old saying? Oh yeah, "don't fuck with it if you don't know what it is".

Feelings? Not physical, doesn't need to be. I can use my words too. If he elevates that to physical it better not be with the intent to "not seriously hurt" as the response won't be in kind because once he goes there I have no idea what his mindset is.

Now none of that IMHO has anything to do with going to see a comedian. There are expectations one has to have going in. I saw a comedian in Vegas that was known to "get after" audience members. Bought the cheapest seats we could get so I could watch the fun from afar. As we entered the theater the usher asked to see the tickets and said "right this way". He took us to the front row. I think my balding head and bit of a beer belly got me "selected" out of the waiting line for the "privilege". I got some abuse and laughed my ass off. Jesus what a nerve making fun of my balding head that I can do nothing about. Context is important.

Now make yourself a celebrity and not knowing what can/will come? That too is stupid. As Ricky Gervais said "we're going to have a laugh at your expense, remember they're only jokes" applies. Not an exact quote but close enough. Instead of using his "high profile" to get those front row seats
to show off his standing among the elite he should have used it to be "out of the way".

Last edited by Sweed : 01-13-2024 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-14-2024, 06:57 PM   #26298
cuervo72
Head Coach

Hmm, looks like ABC may have another* "this really young person passes test to get into Mensa - amazing!" Again...if a person is "smart" enough to qualify for Mensa as an adult, HEY MAYBE THEY WERE ALSO SMART WHEN THEY WERE LITTLE. Such fucking stupid stories.

* watching on DVR, just judging by the intro story rundown
Old 01-14-2024, 08:44 PM   #26299
cuervo72
Head Coach

Ali Vitali was apparently covering the Iowa caucus tonight in...a skin-tight black bodysuit?

edit: https://twitter.com/thegumpt/status/...266852/photo/1

Last edited by cuervo72 : 01-14-2024 at 08:45 PM.
cuervo72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 08:54 PM   #26300
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Ali Vitali was apparently covering the Iowa caucus tonight in...a skin-tight black bodysuit?

edit: https://twitter.com/thegumpt/status/...266852/photo/1

Would you prefer Chuck Todd in the bodysuit?