Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-23-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

Georgia on my mind - TEW 2008 DOTT

The Voice of Gordon Solie filled a small office in the WTBS studio complex where Georgia Championship wrestling was being broadcast live….

“It is without a doubt the strangest thing I have ever seen in Wrestling folks” as we watched a video of Larry Zbyszko cover Stan Hansen to become the National Heavyweight Champion. “It is like he went to sleep………”

Solie’s voice droned off and Freddy Miller chimed in his thoughts, but I didn’t hear them over my snickers….

Jim Barnett stood up and turned off the Monitor…..”I am glad you find this humorous; do you really think you are here because Ted Turner thinks your brilliant? Turner likes money, holds grudges and he is forcing our hand to give you the book.”

Me: “Well, I think as much money as he has made, kind of makes him an expert on how to make it dude. That’s why I am here, to make him more”

Barnett: “My name is Jim and I forget, how old are you again?”

Me: “19”

Barnett: “Oh that’s Right, so a teenage fan writes a letter, gets a job handed to him by a Millionaire who threatens to cancel our show and drive us out of business if we don’t give you a trial. Not, because he thinks you’re right, but because he still kisses the first Dollar he ever made and he hates Ole Anderson.”

Me: “I don’t blame him; Ole doesn’t know how to book.”

Barnett: “Son, I doubt you would be talking like that if he was here, Ole is not one to be trifled with.”

Me: “Whatever, what were we just watching again? Stan Hansen is hypnotized and loses his title?”

Barnett: (Growing visibly agitated) Nooooo, Hansen is put under a curse by Kevin Sullivan and falls into a state of sleep when Zbyszko whispers a certain phrase into he his ear, it goes with the demonic character Sullivan is playing in Florida, which has drawn well…”

Even as he finishes it is easy to see Barnett thinks the angle is ridiculous as well. I may be 19, but I have been around wrestling my whole life as my father ran a small territory (absorbed by the Portland territory of Don Owen when he retired last year) in the Mountain West region. Ole in my mind was losing his touch with voodoo angles and pushing his buddies and was better off as a Wrestler….a bad ass Wrestler.

Me: “Jim, that isn’t the Georgia Wrestling my Dad and I remember. That is why Ted Turner likes my ideas better.”

Barnett: “Kid, you are here because Turner caught Ole in a bad mood and asked a question Ole didn’t like. Ole asked Turner why he wasn’t back home ‘On top of his Viet Cong loving whore getting his wrinkled up balls licked’ and that is why you are here. Your letter happened to arrive at a very opportune time and allowed Turner to exercise some obscure loophole in our contract, allowing him to ‘suggest’ an organizational change if he thought it would improve the product. If we refused he held an option to void our contract.”

Barnett paused…

“The truth is he wants to cancel our show because of what Ole said, but that wouldn’t fly in court. So, by exercising that option he hoped we would refuse and he could can us. If we accepted it, we now have a kid with nothing more than an insider’s view and no experience running the book. A recipe for disaster in his mind, which will eventually still allow him to cancel our show when our ratings to plummet. Son, he thinks you will fail and that is why you are here.”

Me: “That’s bullshit dude!”

Barnett: “ITS JIM and it is not bullshit, being young is the best and worst thing you go through in life, you think you know it all and never know different until you are too old to change your mistakes. Listen, Ole will be here soon and we will sort it out, you will be the head ‘booker’ just listen to Ole and let him guide you and we will be fine.”

Me: “No way, I have the job and I can do it and if you tell me to listen to Ole I will tell Ted Turner”

I was interrupted by the door slamming against the wall as Ole Anderson entered the room….

Last edited by BYU 14 : 08-23-2009 at 08:31 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
BYU 14
Coordinator

Ole Anderson looked like the kind of guy that could clear a bar out with his fists and his disposition indicated he would not be opposed to trying it. He wasted no time.

“Listen punk, I don’t know what you expect, but I am going to tell you a thing or two. Just because you got your knees dirty in the back of Turners limo doesn’t mean you are anything but a Puppet and if I have to stick my hand straight up your ass to show you how a Puppet works I will be more than happy to.”

Me: “I’m not a catcher Dude; maybe you can finger somebody……”

Ole’s hand on my throat cut my sarcasm off like a light switch……

Ole: “You little prick, I don’t know where you got those pictures of Turner fucking farm Animals that forced him to let you stick your nose into my business, but you can bet your Momma’s ass, that nobody will see those pictures if you fuck with me!! I’ll bend you in half and kick your ass under an eighteen wheeler, then come and piss on the bloody pulp left in the road!!!”

Barnett: “Ole please let go of his throat, need I remind you we have no control and so for the good of everybody, we will need to let this play out.”

Ole flung me to the floor, stood over me and jabbed me in the chest with one of his Sausage fingers.

Ole: “You’re wading in an Ocean a hell of a lot deeper than your gene pool you mealy mouthed Sonofabitch and don’t think for a minute I won’t drown you if you wander too far off the beach!!!”

With that Ole stormed out of the room as I muttered “at least my gene pool isn’t dry.” to his back. (A little louder than I meant to apparently)

Ole: “What did you say you slimy cocksucker?”

Me: “I said I would be a fool to try……You know, to wander off the beach.”

Ole stared at me for a moment, threw a few more choice obscenities my way and marched off down the hall, sounding like the Giant from Jack and the Beanstalk as he went.

Barnett: (Snickering) “I heard what you really said and you need to know, that Ole does not make empty threats…You also need to know I wouldn’t have been much help if he decided to pummel you.” Barnett paused, surveyed my prostrate form and pointed to my crotch. “Make sure you clean yourself up.”

I was appalled to realize I had wet myself as Ole was nearly choking me to death…

Barnett: “Now listen, here it is. I have some wiggle room in this deal too as the Booker job comes with certain goals, which will be documented in your employment contract. This means if you mess up, I can fire you and Turner’s plan goes to hell.”

With that Barnett read off the 5 goals in my contract in order of importance.
  1. GCW must not fall below Cult size at any point – Critical – 32 Months
  2. GCW can not fall into debt at any point – Critical – 24 Months
  3. Ole Anderson must be kept above a C+ momentum – High – 18 Months
  4. Cannot hire or extend anybody with a reputation less than C minus – Average – 24 Months
  5. Cannot hire any wrestler classified as a Spot Monkey – Average – 24 Months
All are fairly easy to maintain, so long as I stay on TV, but I had to wonder. Was the goal to keep Ole above a C+ momentum to make sure I kept him front and center and therefore kept myself out of traction, or was it prevent me from sabotaging him so if he did hurt me, his value would not prevent him from being punished. After brief deliberation I decided it was likely a little of both.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 08-23-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

Going straight to work I add some new talent to the roster, all in connection with a million ideas swirling in my head. We are very bloated right now, but there will be layoffs and from what I hear the WWF is actively looking to steal top talent anywhere they can find it, so better a few extra to start. I also immediately bury the Sullivan Voodoo story line and since he has not debuted yet, I decide to bring him in as a face under his old Boston Battler persona.....At least for now.

Code:
GCW Roster - January 1983 Main Event Wrestler Age Amount Momentum Alignment Kevin Sullivan 33 $2,500 New Face Buzz Sawyer 24 $1,400 A Heel Mr. Wrestling II 45 $1,400 A Face Stan Hansen 33 $1,800 B Face Ted DiBiase 28 $1,400 A Face Larry Zbyszko 29 $1,400 A Heel Abdullah the Butcher 46 $2,500 New Heel Ole Anderson 40 $2,500 B+ Face Upper Mid Card Terry Gordy 21 $1,000 A Heel Michael Hayes 22 $1,000 B- Heel Paul Orndorff 32 $1,000 B Face Tommy Rich 26 $1,000 A Face The Spoiler 42 $1,000 B- Heel The Iron Sheik 42 $1,000 B Heel Mr Wrestling 53 $2,000 B Face Austin Idol 29 $1,500 New Heel Mid Card Magnum TA 23 $1,000 New Face King Kong Bundy 25 $800 New Heel Buddy Roberts 30 $800 B- Heel Road Warrior Hawk 24 $800 D Heel Stan Lane 24 $800 C- Face Bob Armstrong 43 $800 B- Face Arn Anderson 24 $800 New Heel Road Warrior Animal 22 $800 D Heel Brett Wayne 23 $800 C Face Jake Roberts 27 $600 C- Heel Steven Keirn 28 $800 D+ Face Ronnie Garvin 37 $800 C+ Face Lower Mid Card Joe Lightfoot 25 $350 D+ Face Rick McGraw 22 $350 D Face Bret Hart 25 $600 New Face Italian Stallion 27 $350 D Face Rick Steiner 21 $600 New Face Pez Whatley 25 $350 D+ Heel Les Thornton 34 $600 C Heel Rick Rude 24 $700 New Heel Opener Mike Starbuck 26 $100 D Face Brad Armstrong 21 $100 C+ Face Tim Horner 23 $100 D+ Face Enhancement Talent Bill Mulkey 22 $150 New Face Randy Mulkey 21 $150 New Face Pat Rose 22 $100 E Heel Randy Barber 26 $100 D Face Occasional Wrestlers Thunderbolt Patterson 40 $800 C+ Face Managers Paul Ellering 32 $800 B Heel Staff Gordon Solie 53 $1,500 B+ Announcer Freddy Miller 52 $1,000 B Color Jim Barnett 54 $800 E+ Authority Ronnie West 34 $1,500 F Referee Scrappy McGowen 32 $1,200 F- Referee Anthony Lee 19 $0 - Road Agent

Title Holders

National Heavyweight Champion - Larry Zbyszko (Soon to change)

National Tag Team Champions - Ole Anderson and Tommy Rich

GCW TV Champion - The Spoiler
Old 08-23-2009, 08:53 PM   #4
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday January 1st, 1983……….GCW TV Show - Live……….WTBS Studios
Gordon Solie and Freddy Miller announcing
Attendance: 1,000 (Sell Out)

Pre-Show

Bret Hart defeated Pat Rose in 4:43 by submission with a Sharpshooter. (D-)
This match brought the crowds mood down.

The Fabulous Ones defeated Italian Stallion and Tim Horner in 7:22 when Stan Lane defeated Tim Horner by pinfall. (D-)
Tim Horner was exhausted by the end, Stan Lane and Steve Keirn both looked good.

Television Show begins

Highlights of the recent bout for the National Heavyweight Championship between Larry Zbyszko and Stan Hansen are played in a video package, in which Hansen “apparently” passes out at the end, allowing Zbyszko to score the pin. Gordon Solie mentions that Jim Barnett will have some “earth shattering” news regarding this bout shortly. (C+ )

Jake Roberts defeated Rick McGraw in 6:30 by pinfall with The DDT after Paul Ellering interfered, clocking McGraw with his cane. (E+)
Paul Ellering did some good work at ringside; the fans were turned off by the finish of the match.

The cameras return to the podium, where Gordon Solie is joined by Jim Barnett. Solie starts it off by telling the viewers that Mr. Barnett has an important announcement.
Barnett: "That's right, Gordon, as you know Larry Zbyszko defeated Stan Hansen in Marietta last week to capture the National Heavyweight Title. Well, lab tests done after match have determined that Stan Hansen was drugged with a powerful sedative, causing him to lose consciousness during the match. Based on these shocking developments, I am declaring the match a no contest and restoring the National Heavyweight Title to Mr. Hansen.”
Solie: “Shocking indeed!” (C-)
Gordon Solie came across very well, while Jim Barnett looked lost.

Larry Zbyszko storms the set in a fit of complete rage. “This is beyond preposterous, who in their right mind would concoct a story of such outlandish debauchery? Barnett, you and I both know this is a conspiracy to defraud the Living Legend and I will not stand idly by and allow this to happen!! Stan Hansen is a fat, redneck buffoon, who probably stayed out all night the day before our match, drinking some crap southern Beer like Stroh’s and tipping Cows!!! Nobody and I mean nobody has heard the last of this from me!” Zbyszko storms off as Solie and Barnett remain stoic. (D)

Bullet Bob Armstrong defeated Pez Whatley in 7:43 by pinfall with a Bulldog. (D+)
Bob Armstrong’s performance stood out as being good.

Suddenly the strains of a familiar anthem fill the studio and Gordon Solie is aghast. “Folks, I don’t quite know what to make of this…….Anybody who has followed Georgia Championship wrestling knows that song is used by none other than…..”
Three silhouettes appear in the entrance to the studio and as the lights go up Solie suspicions are correct. “The Fabulous Freebirds have returned to Georgia!!”
Michael Hayes grabs the Mic and promptly insults the fans, goes on a rant about the same old tired group of wrestlers needing a Badstreet beatdown and promises the Birds will once again reign supreme in Georgia. (D)
The crowd really turned against this segment (Not in a good way either, I was hoping for more heat here)

Mr. Wrestling II defeated King Kong Bundy in 9:23 by pinfall with a surprise cradle, ducking out of the way of a Bundy Avalanche attempt, and then rolling the big guy up. (D+)
Bundy was visibly tiring, while Wrestling II stood out as being good.

Wrestling II celebrates in the ring, acknowledging the crowd as an old nemesis makes his way to the announcers table. (B+)

The Spoiler: “You know Solie, I have had to sit and subject myself to this nonsense for far longer than I care to remember. The glorious Mr. Wrestling II, Georgia royalty, the master tactician, abusing greenhorns and scabs, while ducking the true dean of masked wrestlers, yours truly. If you had any gumption II, you would meet me tonight in a match and I can expose you once and for all!”
Solie: “But Wrestling II has just finished a match, I hardly see how that is fair?”
Spoiler: “Typical, just another excuse for him to turn his yellow tail and run!” (B)

Wrestling II makes his way to the podium and gets up in the Spoilers face; between breaths II makes it clear that he has no intention of running. “Spoiler lets call a spade a spade. You talk about cowardice?? Calling a man to fight after he has been in the ring with a 380 pound monster like Bundy shows bravery? Well let me tell you something!! I don’t care if I had wrestled 10 matches in a row, then had to run 10 miles through the scorching Georgia Sun…..I would still have enough left to kick your tail, get you gear and get ready to have your mouth shut!” II storms off as the crowd chants his name, leaving The Spoiler stunned.
Solie: “As the old adage goes, by careful what you wish for…..” (B-)

National Tag Team Title Match
Tommy Rich and Ole Anderson defeated The Road Warriors in 15:32 when Ole Anderson defeated Road Warrior Animal by submission with a Step Over Arm Bar following botched interference by Paul Ellering. Tommy Rich and Ole Anderson make defense number 1 of their National Tag Team titles. (D+)
Animal was off his game and both he and Hawk tired badly, Anderson and Rich both looked good, while Ellering was solid at ringside. The fans were turned off by the finish.

As Rich and Anderson collect their belts, The Freebirds hit the ring and attack them both from behind. Terry Gordy delivers pile drivers to both men as Hayes struts and taunts the crowd (C)

The Spoiler drew with Mr. Wrestling II in 8:36 following a double disqualification as both Wrestlers brawled into the crowd, using chairs and about anything not nailed down on each other. (D+)
Lack of selling hurt the match and the fans hated the ending. The Spoiler improved his technical skills, while Wrestling II improved his performance skills.

Overall Show Rating: C- (No Specific comments)
Television Rating – 0.10 on WTBS

Thoughts - Not a strong first effort, but I had to scrap a lot of Ole's storylines, which has him so pissed he just glares at me after the show, saying loud enough for everyone to hear that if I hadn't been raised on a Sheep farm in Utah I would still be a virgin, as well as some other even less flattering remarks.

The indifference over the Freebirds worries me, they were the most despised team in the territory two years ago and I would have thought that heat would have easily been ressurected. To top that off, despite the fact they just arrived I get a bug in my ear that Hayes wants a break and has been talking solo to Vince McMahon.....Not good!

I also realize the fans don't seem to like screwy endings and the Spoiler / II match is a letdown, despite the high marks there promos received.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #5
BYU 14
Coordinator

Weekly News Summary – January 1st, 1983

GCW News
Financial
N/A

Signings
Bill Mulkey and Randy Mulkey – Cheap Jobbers and Georgia staples
Rick Rude – Raw but a lot of potential
Bret Hart – Ditto to Rude and someone I can turn on a Face heavy roster
King Kong Bundy – A potential Monster Heel
Austin Idol – He is a big star and another with Georgia ties, very underrated IMO
Magnum TA – Another young Lion, I look for him to be with Hart and Rude as the future.
Rick Steiner – He is very raw at this point and will need to be groomed carefully
Arn Anderson – Coming in as a Heel, his relationship with fan favorite Ole will be interesting
Kevin Sullivan – A tough choice, but he returns as a Face
Abdullah the Butcher – In for a short term run, he is a heat machine in the south

Extensions
Mr. Wrestling II – I extend his PPA deal as he is beloved in Georgia and can still put asses in the seats.
Ole Anderson – I lock Ole up on an exclusive PPA deal as he is a key cog in the GCW machine despite the fact that he is a prick.

Rejections
JJ Dillon turns down our request for negotiations to focus on his CWF career

Firings
David Sammartino – His old mans name does not make up for his shortcomings

Injuries
None

Misc (complaints, incidents, Retirements etc)
Wrestling II, Pez Whatley and Rick McGraw all ask for time to heal, due to their grueling schedules. Something I can accommodate for all but II.

Paul Ellering signs a PPA deal with All-Japan, he will be one jet lagged dude.

Around the World
Marquee Matches (A-Rated)
None

World News
Nothing of note - yet

Last edited by BYU 14 : 08-23-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:00 PM   #6
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Out of curiosity, did you ever read Solie's book? Not the usual wrestling book by any means, just a collection of short stories, old photos, and prose.
But interesting nevertheless.
Gordon Solie ... Something Left Behind, Gordon Solie, Book - Barnes & Noble
Old 08-23-2009, 09:03 PM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Out of curiosity, did you ever read Solie's book? Not the usual wrestling book by any means, just a collection of short stories, old photos, and prose.
But interesting nevertheless.
Gordon Solie ... Something Left Behind, Gordon Solie, Book - Barnes & Noble

No and I am such a huge fan of the Georgia territory and Solie himself I have no idea why I haven't picked this up yet. I am putting it on the short list, thanks for reminding me. I am sure it is a treasure trove of gems from the old Georgia days.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #8
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
No and I am such a huge fan of the Georgia territory and Solie himself I have no idea why I haven't picked this up yet. I am putting it on the short list, thanks for reminding me. I am sure it is a treasure trove of gems from the old Georgia days.

It's good but it's definitely something different. Stories not only from his early days in wrestling but also the things he learned while working for local racing promotions, some poetry, you name it. The pictures are a kick, although all are b&w.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:36 PM   #9
molson
General Manager

I'll be reading!
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:42 PM   #10
condors
College Starter

good luck, I will be reading
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:34 PM   #11
PilotMan
Head Coach

Great start, I'll be here.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:40 PM   #12
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday January 8th, 1983……….GCW TV Show - Live……….Atlanta Civic Center
Attendance: 4,521

Pre-Show

The Iron Sheik defeated The Italian Stallion in 4:44 by submission with the Camel Clutch. (D-)
The Iron and Sheik and the Stallion did not click, making for an awkward bout. The Sheik performed well.

Television Show begins

Gordon Solie greets the crowd and welcomes the Television audience, announcing that the Fabulous Freebirds will be in action tonight. (C+)

Paul Orndorff defeated Pat Rose in 6:08 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (C-)
Pat Rose was off his game tonight, but Orndorff came off looking good and improved his technical skills.

The cameras go to the announcer's desk, where Gordon Solie waxes poetic about the skills of Ted DiBiase. “His late Father would certainly be proud of the character and talent of his son.” (B)

Buzz Sawyer emerges from the back, Paul Ellering in tow, frothing at the mouth and snatches Solie’s Microphone…”Arrrrhhh…..SOLIE, Ted DiBiase is a not a character!”
Solie: “Actually I said he had character..”
Sawyer: “Shut up…..arrrrhhhh, grrrrrrr, DiBiase, Solie, I hate characters, I hate all vegetables and Babies…..arrrrhhhh, DiBiase…..I will make you cry like a baby…..arrrhh, because I hate YOU!!!! Baby want uncle Buzz to rock you to sleep??? Arrrhhhh, THEN GIVE ME A ROCK….ARRRHHHH!” Sawyer and Ellering leave as Solie wipes a bead of sweat from his brow.
Solie: “Beyond disturbing.“ (B-)
Paul Ellering helped Sawyer during this segment.

The Road Warriors defeated Brett Wayne and Rick McGraw in 6:29 when Animal pinned McGraw after a Flying Shoulder Tackle. (E+)
Paul Ellering did some good work at Ringside.

After the match The Road Warriors continue to maul their beaten foes, leaving both motionless in the ring as Paul Orndorff finally runs in from the back and cleans house with a metal chair, saving the duo from serious injury. (E+)
The crowd turned against this segment.

The Freebirds (Hayes and Gordy) defeated Bob & Brad Armstrong in 8:13 when Terry Gordy defeated Brad Armstrong by pinfall with a handful of tights. (D)
Hayes was off his game while Brad was tiring toward the end. Bob Armstrong stood out and Hayes improved in both rumble and performance skills, while Bob Armstrong improved in rumble skills.

After the match Michael Hayes grabbed the Mic. “Let me tell you what, I know that for most of you inbred hayseeds, what you just witnessed is more excitement than you are used to in an average year of your boring lives, playing checkers for money at Gomer’s filler up. But being that we are, just that fabulous, we will give you even more Freebird fantasia when our brother kicks Tommy Rich’s butt, right here, right now!! And the pleasure is all yours, hahahaha! (C)

Tommy Rich defeated Buddy Roberts in 9:43 when Buddy Roberts was disqualified when Terry Gordy and Hayes ran in and attacked Tommy Rich. (E+)
Tommy Rich was off his game and did not click with Roberts at all. The crowd also took a dump on the finish.

Being angered even more by the disqualification Tommy Rich is battered from pillar to post by all three Freebirds, who leave him a bloody mess on the concrete, as the crowd chants for Ole to save his partner in vain. (D)
The crowd continues to be hard on this storyline

Mr. Wrestling II defeated Les Thornton in 12:24 by submission with a Sleeper hold after softening him up with the Million Dollar Knee. (C)
The match suffered from lack of selling, though II looked good overall

Wrestling II celebrates another victory with the fans. (C)

The Spoiler again rears his ugly head, errr Mask, joining Solie at ringside. “Mr. Wrestling II, you somehow escape with a draw against me last week, then continue to strut about like the cock of the walk..”
Solie: “Please, we are on TV.”
Spoiler: “That means Rooster you simpleton and speaking of simple, Wrestling II, you make Buzz Sawyer look like he belongs in Mensa if you continue to hold this foolish notion that you shall be the one that rips the Television Title from my waist!!” (B)

Wrestling II has had enough and sprints to the podium, going nose to nose with The Spoiler. “You’re nothing but a big bag of wind Spoiler and again you chose to show up after I have had a match, which to me signals you are a coward, plain and simple!!” (B-)

After shoving The Spoiler, Wrestling II returns to the ring and motions for The Spoiler to join him. Spoiler follows, mounts the ring steps…..pauses, then spits at II’s feet in disdain, turning his back and leaving the Arena, as the crowd showers him in beer and soda as the credits roll. (B-)

Overall Show Rating: C- (Again, with no Specific comments)
Television Rating – 0.10 on WTBS (At least we hold steady)

Thoughts: Ole greets me backstage quite warmly after the show. "Congratulations punk, another show that was the drizzling shits, at this rate we will have your ass out of here quicker than the Milkman climbs out of your Momma's window when Daddy gets home early."

Me: (under my breath) "At least I now my Dad."

Ole: "What did you say you little snot nosed piece of shit?"

Me: "I said yeah, it was bad."

Ole: "Fuck you!"

As Ole storms off he is right, I am not getting the heat I expected from the Freebirds and now there are rumors that Hayes is getting ready to sign with Vince......If it happens I have a back up plan, but the Freebirds without Hayes is like......Ole going more than 2 minutes without calling somebody a cocksucker.

Wrestling II and Spoiler look like my money feud at the moment, though a series of matches between Sawyer and DiBiase hold some promise.

Pilotman, Condors and Molson, thanks guys, glad you're following along and hope you enjoy my trip down memory lane.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 08-23-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #13
BYU 14
Coordinator

Weekly News Summary – January 9th, 1983

GCW News

Financial
Current Cash $134,706
Cash Flow Month to Date $34,706
Income
Ticket sales $55,210
TV Revenue $40,000
Expenditure
Workers $44,204
Show Costs $16,300

Signings
None

Extensions
None

Rejections
None

Firings
None

Injuries
None

Wrestling II and Les Thornton ask for some time off to recuperate. Wrestling II is in one of my main storylines, so he will have to lose some dates elsewhere.

Michael Hayes and Jake Roberts both give notice as they have signed with the WWF, who are currently at war with us. This is a big thorn in the side as Roberts was part of Ellering’s Legion of Doom and Hayes is of course the leader of the Freebirds, which will really make me scramble!

I ask WCCW to end the hostility between us, but they refuse, so I will have to watch them as well.

Around the World

Marquee Matches (A- or better)
Kevin Sullivan and Dusty Rhodes battle to a no contest in CWF – A

One surprise here is Bob Backlund defeating Jimmy Snuka on WWF All-stars and the match only pulling a C+

World News

All Japan rises to Cult status

In addition to Hayes and Roberts, the WWF sign Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper as well, it is clear the quest for domination has started. Hogan leaves the AWA, while Piper says goodbye to Mid Atlantic.

New Japan signs Ricky Steamboat to a PPA deal in another big signing, though Ricky will continue to work for Mid Atlantic.

The Great Malumba (?) injures his ankle and will miss a month, which is not a big deal since he is unemployed anyway.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:45 PM   #14
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday January 15th, 1983……….GCW TV Show - Live……….Macon Coliseum
Attendance: 4,654

Gordon Solie opens the show with a special treat. “Ladies and gentlemen, in what promises to be a real pier sixer we will have newly reinstated National Heavyweight Champion Stan Hansen, taking on the Iron Sheik in our main event. You can bet these two will go at it Hammer and Tongs folks!!” (C+)

The Road Warriors defeated Ronnie Garvin and Tim Horner in 8:54 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Ronnie Garvin by pinfall with a Flying Shoulder Tackle following interference from Abdullah the Butcher. (D-)
Animal and Tim Horner were both off their game and were also both tired at the end, not a good combination. The match suffered from lack of selling (wonder who that was by cough*Road Warriors*cough) Ellering was good at ringside and Garvin looked good.

As Garvin shouts at a retreating Abdullah, he is blindsided by Hawk, as both he and Horner endure an additional beatdown after the match. Once again Paul Orndorff storms the ring and chases the Legion of Doom off. Solie muses that it seems Orndorff has some issues with the Road Warriors conduct (D-)
The Crowd turned against this segment

Orndorff grabs the Mic as the Warriors are about to vanish into the back. “You two are really a couple of tough guys aren’t you? You like to beat on people and hit them while they are not looking? Well take a look; I am a real tough guy, a man! You two want to bully someone, I’ll pick a partner and you can try and bully us around…..Punks!!” (D-)
The crowd turned against this segment as well. (Guess they don’t mind Bullies)

Magnum T.A. defeated Pez Whatley in 8:24 by pinfall with a Belly to Belly Suplex in an impressive debut for the youngster. (D-)
Magnum TA improved his technical skills.

Wrestling II makes his way to the ring before an adoring crowd and grabs the stick. “Spoiler, these last two weeks you have gone out of your way to make disparaging remarks about me and my matches front of all these good people. Now I’m not one for fancy words or long winded speeches, so let me just come out and say it. You have a beef with me, lets settle it right here in the ring, next week…..With your TV Title on the line!!!” II drops the Mic, nodding his head as the crowd chants his name. (B-)

Before Wrestling II can leave, The Spoiler appears in the entry way. “II the only thing more deficient than your prose, is your intelligence. The absolute audacity to think you are on the same level as me, either intellectually or physically is farcical. There is a reason I am the TV champion and you are not….You pander to these unwashed masses, while I spend my time formulating complex schemes of tactical perfection, to remain upon my throne of brilliance. Now I realize my expansive vocabulary is lost on these hillbillies, so let me put in words you can all understand. You’ve got your match and I have your death warrant!! The crowd erupts at this news as The Spoiler shoots a disdainful glance at Wrestling II and leaves the arena. (B)

Abdullah the Butcher defeated Joe Lightfoot in 2:57 by pinfall with a Sudanese Meat Cleaver to make his “official” debut in a squash match. (D-)
Abdullah came out looking good, but the match brought the crowds mood down.

Buddy Roberts and Terry Gordy enter the arena to a chorus of boos and inform Gordon Solie that Michael Hayes has not yet arrived at the arena and they are concerned because as Roberts puts it “There are two things Michael is never late for…..A rendezvous with one of his thousands of groupies and the chance to beat somebody up.”
Solie: “Well with that type of behavior perhaps he needed to stop to get a shot.”
Gordy then dresses Solie down for insulting brother, then tells the audience that he and Roberts will just administer today’s Butt kicking themselves. (D)
The crowd again turned against the angle (Where did the heat go for these guys?)

Freebirds defeated The Fabulous Ones in 9:27 when Terry Gordy defeated Steve Keirn by pinfall with a Powerbomb. (C)
Buddy Roberts improved his performance skills (This is more like it as these 4 clicked)

As the two Freebirds present celebrate, the hulking figure of Ole Anderson approaches and calmly addresses them. “Little Bo Peep has lost one of her Sheep and doesn’t know where to find him. There are many reasons that people come up missing, alien abductions, taking the wrong turn down a ‘Badstreet’ or perhaps they just find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time. And when the latter happens, not even God can help.” His cryptic message delivered, Anderson turns and leaves as Roberts and Gordy hold an animated discussion in the ring. (C)

The camera follows Ole to the back where Tommy Rich catches up to him. “Ole, where ya been man, I ain’t seen you since I got my hide tanned by the Freebirds last week, I sure could of used you then pardner.”
Ole: “Maybe, just maybe I’ve been fixing your mistakes because you don’t think about a damn thing but which pair of boots you’re gonna wear each day and when will the new Hank Williams Jr be playing bull puckey Tennesee again!”
Rich: “Now, I’m just a simple Southern Boy Ole, I just need to know you got my back brother.”
Ole: “Well you got the part right simple right son and if you weren’t you would realize I already took steps to make sure neither of us has to worry about that again, now get your head out of the moonshine and start worrying about holding up your end of the damn team and I’m not going to tell you a second time!” (B)

GCW National Heavyweight Title
Stan Hansen defeated The Iron Sheik in 11:29 by pinfall with The Lariat. Stan Hansen makes defense number 1 of his National Heavyweight title. (C)
The Match suffered from lack of selling, Stan Hanson improved his technical skills.

After the match Hansen gets on the Mic and lets the crowd know now that he has HIS belt back and has dispatched the nasty smelling, Camel loving Sheik he has one more score to settle. (B-)

As if on queue Larry Zbyszko comes to ringside and has a few choice words for Hansen. “First off, Mr. Hansen, for you to talk about somebody else’s hygiene reeks (pardon the pun) of irony, I mean, do you even have indoor plumbing on your log cabin or covered wagon or whatever the hell you live in? In fact the only thing of worth I see you having at all is MY National Heavyweight Belt, which YOU lost in the middle of the ring, because you were sleepy, poor baby.”
Hansen walks to the ropes and spits Tobacco juice on Zbyszko and all hell breaks loose as the two begin brawling all over the arena floor, before Hansen finally retrieves his Cowbell on a rope and send Larry the Legend scurrying for higher ground. (C+)

Overall Rating: D+ (The fans didn’t like the amount of non-wrestling action)
Television Rating: 0.10 on WTBS (Holding steady)

Thoughts: Ole is quick to congratulate me on my intuition. “For hells sake son, you know Georgia Wrestling Crowds like you know goddamn Brain surgery, lets give them a sermon with 30 interviews and a bunch of happy ass angles, fuck the wrestling, it only says that on the Marquee. This is Georgia you stupid prick; the fans want to see beatings and blood and you have the fucking Spoiler quoting Shakespeare, go graduate High School and then you can come back and be on the ring crew!!!”

Ole’s words went in one ear and out the next as I had no choice, Hayes and Roberts leaving screwed up two storylines and I had to improvise. I am happy and have a plan, so we will be back on track next week.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:40 AM   #15
BYU 14
Coordinator

Weekly News Summary – January 16th, 1983

GCW News

Financial
Current Cash $159,531
Cash Flow Month to Date $59,531
Income
Ticket sales $101,750
TV Revenue $60,000
Expenditure
Workers $70,769
Show Costs $31,450

Signings
None

Extensions
None

Rejections
None

Departures
Michael Hayes and Jake Roberts are now both officially gone after signing with the WWF.

Injuries
None

Abdullah the Butcher asks for some down time after his 3 minute debut. Maybe if he didn’t work got 5 different promotions!!

The AWA makes an offer to Ted DiBiase but he politely declines. Good news for us!

Larry Z signs with SECW, but we are priority over them, still he is in a major storyline and I don’t need him getting worn down.

Pissed off at Vince I go after some major WWF Heels, but Big John Studd, The Masked Superstar, Superstar Billy Graham and Jimmy Snuka all turn me down.

Around the World
Roger Kirby defeated Harley Race in CSW – A (I assume it was Race carrying the match here)

CSW almost does it again when Race and Manny Fernandez defeat Bruiser Brody and Kirby in a tag match, pulling a B+

In a mild WWF shocker Sgt Slaughter and Andre the Giant go to a double count out - A

A huge card for All-Japan as Giant Baba defeats Jumbo Tsuruta – A
Then in the main event on the same card Terry Funk defeats Dory Funk Jr. – A

World News

Two big signings of note as the WWF snags Jesse Ventura, while Harley Race signs with AWA.

A pretty slow week news wise, but some excellent matches from around the World make up for the lack of headlines.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #16
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday January 22nd, 1983……….GCW TV Show - Live……….Louisville Arena
Attendance: 4,869

Pre-Show

Killer Khan and Rusher Kimura defeated Bill Mulkey and Randy Mulkey in 3:43 when Killer Khan defeated Randy Mulkey by submission with an Asiatic Spike. (E+)
Paul Ellering did some good work at ringside; Bill Mulkey was really off his game tonight. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Killer Khan improved in Rumble skills and Bill Mulkey improved in Performance skills.

Rick Rude defeated Mike Starbuck in 5:46 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening, in his GCW debut. (E-)
This match brought the crowd's mood down. Rick Rude improved in Technical skills.

Television Show

Gordon Solie welcomes the TV audience and we get straight to the action

Stan Lane defeated Pat Rose in 5:39 by pinfall with a sunset flip. (D)
Stan Lane was really off his game tonight.

The Spoiler joins Solie at the podium where Gordon reminds the crowd that he will meet Mr. Wrestling II in tonight’s main event for the Television Title.
Spoiler: “Why on the face of God’s green Earth, would you need to remind these minions of the greatest moment many of them shall witness in their lifetime? They chant and cheer like mindless lemmings for their ‘Hero’ Mr. Wrestling II, worshipping the ground his every step poisons. Well after tonight, in the immortal words of Roger Daltry, the Heroes that you worship will be gone, when I destroy your pagan Idol on live National Television!” (B+)

Magnum T.A. defeated Les Thornton in 4:57 by pinfall with a quick cradle. (E)
The Match brought the crowd down.

The cameras return to the ringside announcer's table, where Paul Ellering stands with Gordon Solie. “Mr. Solie, talking to you is like trying to feed Bacon to a pig, but since we are in Kentucky I doubt I will find anyone else with a High School Diploma, much less smarter, so you will have to do. Paul Orndorff seems to have an issue with the Road Warriors, choosing to get involved in their business, calling them childish names and now challenging them to a match with a mystery partner. Well the Legion of Doom does not fear you Paula, so bring out your partner and we will bring the pain!" Iron Man echoes through the arena as Animal and Hawk hit the ring. (B-)

Paul Orndorff enters the arena, pauses, looks back to the entrance way and is joined by veteran Thunderbolt Patterson, the two then charge the ring. (D-)
The crowd turned against this segment, T-bolt is apparently loved more in Georgia than Kentucky.

The Road Warriors defeated Paul Orndorff and Thunderbolt Patterson in 11:20 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Thunderbolt Patterson by pinfall after using a foreign object as Paul Ellering distracted Orndorff. (D)
Ellering was good at ringside and Orndorff looked good, but the crowd did not like the finish. Patterson improved in performance skills.

Mr. Wrestling II now joins Gordon Solie, who inquires about II’s thoughts on the Spoilers earlier threats. “You know Gordon; a man can win a thousand wars with words, can walk a hundred miles on an even path and be a ruler when he is the only one in his kingdom. But tonight the Spoiler will not have an even path to walk, he won’t be in the ring alone and all his fancy words are only going to get shoved back down his throat! Spoiler, tonight it’s even odds, man on man and the best man will win……no excuses!” (B-)

Abdullah the Butcher defeated Bullet Bob Armstrong in 5:47 by pinfall with a Sudanese Meat Cleaver. (D)
It was a bloody, brutal match and the crowd did not seem to enjoy that aspect of it.

The camera returns to Gordon Solie at the podium, where he begins recounting the recent events of the past couple of weeks involving Larry Zbyszko and Stan Hansen in their battler over the National Heavyweight Title. (B-)

Zbyszko interrupts Solie and grabs the Mic. “You know what Gordon…..The Living Legend is sick and tired of all this so called conspiracy talk. You and I both know that I am the rightful Champion and Stan Hansen is a lazy, boozing, fat Pig that almost makes the women in Kentucky look good, the key word being ALMOST. Tomorrow at ‘Winter Wasteland’ I once again prove that I am superior to Hansen in every aspect of the game. This time it will be so decisive that Jim Barnett and his cronies will have no choice but to hand the belt to yours truly and acknowledge that I am indeed the greatest wrestler in the world…..Now for a little taste of what life is like in Larryland!” Larry then heads to the ring where Brad Armstrong awaits. (B)

Larry Zbyszko defeated Brad Armstrong in 8:01 by pinfall with a Shoulder Breaker. (E+)
Zbyszko and Armstrong just did not click and Brad was tired at the end. Armstrong improved his performance skills.

Ole Anderson and Tommy Rich make come down to the Ring, where Anderson again ponders what became of Michael Hayes while Tommy Rich smiles and waves to the crowd.
Ole: “Hey Rich, you do realize that tomorrow we face what is left of the Freebirds correct? Maybe instead of kissing puke mouth babies and making appearances at Nursing homes to hand out Prune juice you should wipe that grin off your face and worry about taking care of our Belts!!”
Rich: “Ole, whoa there big fella.” Rich motions to the crowd “Yall know when Wildfire hits the ring its all business and all action. I got you’re back brother, cuz even with Hayes too scared to show his face I know the Freebirds cuz we’ve tangled plenty in the past and…..(B-)

Rich is interrupted as Terry Gordy strolls into the entry way and cuts him off. “You know something; you can both quit acting like ya don’t know what happened to Michael. Buddy and I got a call this week from Michael and he is laid up in the Hospital in a cast because some big ol’ boy with a mask took a Louisville slugger to his Leg. I ain’t got proof, but I got an idea and I also got a surprise for one of you!” (C+)

The lights in the Arena suddenly go out and a thump is heard in the ring. When they come back up Ole Anderson is face down in the middle of the ring, a pipe by his head, as Tommy Rich stands over him looking confused. (B-)

The crowd is fired up as we head to the main event for the National Television title.
Mr. Wrestling II drew with The Spoiler in 10:00 when the Television time limit expired in a thrilling back and forth match that saw both men get near pinfalls in the final minute. (B-)
The match suffered due to lack of selling, but still lifted the crowd. Wrestling II improved in performance skills, while The Spoiler improved in technical skills.

Overall Rating: C (No specific comments)
Television Rating: 0.10 on WTBS (I guess we are consistent)

Thoughts: Some disappointing match ratings with the exception of the main event. I am trying to give the young guys a rub with some of the veterans on these shows but they don’t always mesh well. Ole is relatively quiet afterwards, except to remind me that tomorrow’s monthly event is huge and I better not screw it up. Of course he then goes on to say he has all the confidence in the world my ability to fuck up a wet dream so he expects nothing less than a disaster at Winter Wasteland.

After the Credits roll a 60 spot air hyping tomorrow’s monthly event “Winter Wasteland”

Scheduled Card
Stan Hansen vs Larry Zbyszko – National Heavyweight Title – Main Event
Ole Anderson and Tommy Rich vs The Freebirds – National Tag Team Title
Ted DiBiase vs Greg Valentine
Abdullah the Butcher vs Ronnie Garvin
The Fabulous ones vs Rusher Kimura and Killer Khan

Last edited by BYU 14 : 08-30-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:01 AM   #17
BYU 14
Coordinator

Sunday January 23rd, 1983……….GCW Winter Wasteland……….St Petersburg Arena
Attendance: 4,507

Dark Matches

Bret Hart defeated Pez Whatley in 6:04 by submission with a Sharpshooter. (D-)
The match brought the crowds mood down.

Arn Anderson defeated Italian Stallion in 5:02 by pinfall with a Spinebuster in his GCW debut. (D-)
The match brought the crowds mood down.

Main Show

Gordon Solie enters the Ring and welcome the live crowd to Georgia Championship Wrestling Winter Wasteland, the first of many big events they can expect from GCW this year.

King Kong Bundy defeated Bullet Bob Armstrong in 8:07 by pinfall by using the ropes for leverage after nailing Armstrong with a low blow. (D)
Bundy was tiring towards the end and the fans were put off by the finish of the match.

Gordon Solie returns to the ring and welcomes Ted DiBiase, who was scheduled to face Greg Valentine this evening. “Unfortunately ladies and gentlemen, it is with regret that I must inform you that Greg Valentine is unable to appear tonight as the result of an injury sustained earlier in the week, I am sure this is a disappointment to you Ted.”
DiBiase: “Gordon, there is no doubt I was looking forward to facing Greg Valentine tonight, but I don’t want to let all these good people down, so if Jim Barnett can get it together, I would be more than happy to wrestle a man that has been on my case in recent weeks. I think we both know who that is and I know he is in the building because I saw an open bag of Alpo in the back. Buzz Sawyer, you seem to have a problem with me, why don’t we solve it tonight!” (C+)

The howls of wolves fill the arena as Paul Ellering and Buzz Sawyer appear in the entry way. Ellering, Mic in hand addresses the crowd. “You seem to have a good sense of humor DiBiase, with your Dog food jokes and especially with that haircut! I’ll tell you what; Barnett gives the green light you’re going know what it’s like to be the prey, trapped in the ring with no escape and only one possible outcome…..Pain like you have never endured before.”
Sawyer grabs the Microphone fairly frothing at the mount. ”DIBIASE…arrrgggh, Mad Dog is hungry, Alpo, bones, arrrggh, the flesh from your limbs, EVERYTHING!!!! Hahahahaa, you have a Hair cut like my mother……I love my Mother……I HATE YOU DIBIASE!!!!” (C+)

The Fabulous Ones defeated Killer Khan and Rusher Kimura in 9:54 when Rusher Kimura was disqualified after using a foreign object on Stan Lane. (E)
Keirn and Lane were both off their game tonight and the fans hated the finish. Ellering was good at ringside and Khan improved in both rumble skills and performance skills. Kimura also improved in performance skills.

The Spoiler appears in the back on closed circuit and is seething. “Wrestling II, you habitually find ways to extricate yourself from my clutches, stalling and whining as time ran out yesterday in our match. One would say, Spoiler, the Television gold still adorns your waist, you must be happy. I will say I will never be happy, until I have driven your vile, stinking carcass from wrestling forever II and beating you won’t be enough. I shall tear the Mask that hides your hideous face from humanity as well and relish in the sight of Babies crying and women feinting at the sight of your repugnant face!!” (B-)

Abdullah the Butcher defeated Ronnie Garvin in 9:29 by pinfall with a Sudanese Meat Cleaver after Paul Ellering interfered. (C-)
Abby was off his game tonight but Ellering as always was solid at ringside. The fans again were turned off by the finish.

The Arena goes black and on the closed circuit screen a video of Austin Idol is shown and as it end Idol warns the rednecks throughout the south to lock up their women, since they will soon be seeing first hand, “The Ladies pet and the Men’s regret….up close and oh so very personal.” Solie confirms for the crowd that Austin Idol is indeed on his way to Georgia Championship Wrestling. (C)

Gordon Solie: “And if that was not news enough folks, I have just been handed a note that a rematch has been ordered between Mr. Wrestling II and The Spoiler for the National Television Title this coming Saturday, live on Georgia Championship Wrestling TV! This promises to be a barnburner indeed!” (B-)

National Tag Team Title Match
Ole Anderson and Tommy Rich vs The Freebirds
An insane brawl that sees Buddy Roberts and Tommy Rich get color. As the Match progresses Terry Gordy hurls Rich from the ring and as Anderson tries to get past referee Tommy West to Gordy, Jimmy Garvin appears and cracks Rich over the head with a chair as he attempts to get back in the ring. “It looks like we know who will be stepping in for Michael Hayes.” Solie announces over the house Mic. As Ole is ushered back to the corner, Garvin slides Rich back into the Ring as Gordy moves in to finish him……Rich, summoning one last burst nails Gordy low and staggers back to his corner to tag Ole, who promptly decks Tommy with one of the Tag straps. Gordy grabs Rich, delivers a Powerbomb and we have new National Tag Team Champions as The Freebirds win in 14:31! (C)
Terry Gordy improved his technical skills.

After the bell, Anderson, Roberts, Gordy and Garvin all beat the tar out of Tommy Rich, hurling his bleeding, motionless body to the concrete as workers from the back try vainly to save him. (C)

As the crowd showers the ring with debris, Ole grabs the Microphone. “Shut the hell up you sun baked Florida Hillbillies!!! You’re all crying why, how could you do this to poor, poor Tommy? Let me tell you why!! I did it for the same reason I broke Michael Hayes leg.” Ole turns and high fives both Roberts and Gordy, who suddenly don’t seem to mind. “You see, in this sport there is no room for glamour or for anybody who gets too hung up with their own ego or especially with you idiots out there!” Ole scowls at the crowd which is now ready to riot. “This is a sport that takes commitment and anger. In fact to be successful in our world you need to be one flat out mean Sonofabitch and neither Rich or Hayes had that in them. So we made a little deal to eliminate the dead weight and join forces to become the greatest three man team in wrestling…..Oh wait, I forgot someone didn’t I?” With that Terry Gordy clocks Jimmy Garvin from behind and Anderson and Roberts put the boots to him, delivering a ferocious beating before he is also thrown from the ring. “You see” Anderson continues “Jimmy Garvin is no better than either of those other two pretty boys, we need him to do one simple task and he couldn’t even handle that!! Son, consider this your termination from the Freebirds!” Anderson, Gordy and Roberts embrace and head to the safety of the locker room as the debris shower now includes coins, shoes and even a cane hurled by an angry white haired woman in the 3rd row. (C)

As attendants clean up the mess in and around the ring, Larry Zbyszko joins Gordon Solie.
Solie: “Well that was quite the spectacle, wouldn’t you agree Mr. Zbyszko?”
Zbyszko: “Are you freaking kidding me? You have the greatest wrestler in the world next to you Solie. The Living Legend who later this evening will re-ascend to the status he was unrightfully stripped of two weeks ago, and you want to talk about that spectacle?”
Solie: “No offense meant Mr. Zbyszko.”
Zbyszko: “Well offense taken! Offense taken now and it will be taken out later on Stan Hansen, when I become the National Heavyweight Champion…..HOWS THAT FOR A SPECTACLE SOLIE?”
Larry is livid as he knocks the podium over and stomps off to the back. (B-)

Ted DiBiase defeated Buzz Sawyer in 12:11 by pinfall with a surprise cradle as Sawyer reached into his tights for Brass Knuckles. (D+)
Paul Ellering again is good at ringside, but DiBiase and Sawyer do not click, which is a huge disappointment. DiBiase improves his rumble skills.

Stan Hansen enters the ring and grabs the announcers Mic. “I’ll make this short and sweet Zbyszko; I got no words fer ya, no threats, no promises.” Hansen pauses and holds up his fists. “Now what I do got is these two beauties right here and I’m a fixin to put ‘em to good use, so come on down boy!” (B-)

Main Event - National Heavyweight Title Match
Stan Hansen drew with Larry Zbyszko in 20:00 when the time limit expired in a rough and tumble affair that resolved nothing. (C+)
These two did not click, which again is troublesome. Hansen improved in technical skills, while Zbyszko improved in rumble skills.

Overall Rating: C (Some people were annoyed that DiBiase vs Valentine did not take place)

Thoughts: I am beginning to think that DiBiase / Zbyszko and Sawyer / Hansen would have been better pairings, but with all the last minute swerves I need to stick with these for a while and hope they sort themselves out. There are always options down the road and I don’t want to pull the plug too quickly. Ole is too busy congratulating himself on a brilliant performance to bother with me and I truly think being a Heel again makes him happy. He is a miserable bastard and not having to shake hands and kiss grandmothers will probably do wonders for his disposition.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 08-31-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:40 AM   #18
PilotMan
Head Coach

Haha, good stuff there.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #19
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Hey BYU where did you DL this mod?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:25 PM   #20
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Hey BYU where did you DL this mod?

They have a release in the Mod forums on page 2. If you like I can also email it to you.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:49 AM   #21
BYU 14
Coordinator

Weekly News Summary – February 1st, 1983

GCW News
Financial
Current Cash $43,321
Cash Flow January 1983 -$56,679
Income
Ticket sales $218,045
TV Revenue $80,000
Sponsors $135,236
Merchandise $33,400
Misc $1,023
Expenditure
Workers $136,394
Show Costs $63,100
Marketing $75,000
Merchandise $11,280
Production $120,000
Misc $118,609

I really have to start managing my money wisely, I alter merchandising to try and make some extra scratch off of my biggest faces and cut the TV show to an hour to save worker costs.

Signings
Rusher Kimura signs a PPA deal – Not huge in the US but should become a solid Heel
Killer Kahn signs a short term deal – will form a nice mid card tag team with Kimura
Greg Valentine signs a PPA deal – A nice score, but at $2500 a show not cheap. He also lists MACW as a priority over us so I have to be careful to avoid conflict. Waiting to debut him as I continue to mull over a couple of ideas for using him.
Jim Garvin signs a PPA deal – And completes his 20 minute run as a member of the Freebirds 

Extensions
None

Rejections
None

Departures
None

Injuries
None

Abdullah the Butcher (again) Bullet Bob Armstrong, King Kong Bundy and the Italian Stallion all ask for time off from their “grueling” schedules. The Italian Stallion? Really? You work for one promotion and can’t handle being jobbed out on TV once a week?

Buzz Sawyer signs with SECW, but we remain his priority.

I agree to a talent trade for a 3 matches with MSW, The Iron Sheik for the Assassin, but landing Valentine trumps my plans for The Assassin, so I cancel it.

Around the World
No A rated matches last week, but an interesting angle between Ric Flair and Terry Funk is brewing in MACW, which could produce some classics. The only major Title change was David Shultz winning the AWA Television Title from Buck Zumhofe (Who should have never had it)

World News

Adrian Adonis signs a PPA with the AWA, a good pick up for Verne and company.

Unfortunately we will not see the East – West connection reunited as Jesse Ventura has left the AWA for Vince.

Bruiser Brody fractures his Elbow defeating Harley Race to win the NWA International Heavyweight Title and will be out for 14 Months, negating the Title change. Brody is one of the busiest men in wrestling with 13 matches in January and his loss will affect AJPW, CSW, WWC and PPW.

Word from the WWA that Victor Rivera and Paul Christy have heat backstage, imagine Rivera involved in anything controversial?

Japanese wrestler Daigoro Oshiro announces his return to wrestling after a brief hiatus, did anyone really miss him?
Old 09-06-2009, 11:02 AM   #22
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday February 2nd, 1983…….Television Taping…….Atlanta Civic Center
Attendance: 4,494

Pre-Show

Rick Rude defeated Rick McGraw in 6:26 by submission with a Sleeperhold. (E-)
Match brought the crowds mood down, Rick Rude improved his flying skills.

Rick Rude grabs the Mic and addresses the crowd. “All you pot belly, pencil armed, rotten teeth Pig farmers, take a good look at what your 300 pound sister, I mean wife dreams about every night before you tuck her in next to the Cattle!” He then flexes and struts to the back (F+)
Such a weak segment bombed with the crowd, clearly Rude is not yet the “smooth operator”

Magnum T.A. defeated Pat Rose in 5:32 by pinfall with a Small Package in a sloppy match. (E+)
Rose was off his game and the match brought the crowds mood down.

Television Show

After a rundown of last week’s Monthly event “Winter Wasteland” to start the show, Gordon Solie is joined by Mr. Wrestling II. “You know Gordon; I have traveled the roads of Georgia for many years and face many formidable foes. I can give The Spoiler his due as one of the toughest, but he is also one of the most arrogant, vile human beings I have ever run across. Spoiler, tonight there will be no excuses, no escape and no quarter. These people deserve better than you and with each and every one of them in my corner tonight, that Television Belt will be mine!!” (B)
The crowd goes crazy as II acknowledges them.

The Spoiler appears at the arena entrance, smirking under his Mask. “Wrestling II, once again you have struck a chord with the only people on Gods green earth even less intellectual prowess than you…The people of Georgia. Ty Cobb is only great person to ever come out of this garbage dump, because he didn’t sit and pander to the ignorant, unwashed masses as you do. There is a reason people in Georgia cheer you and it is because they are not smart enough to recognize true cerebral genius and nonpareil athletic prowess. There is a reason the National Television belt adorns my waist people…..I, am a winner….a word that will never be uttered in anything but jest about any of you!” (B-)

Austin Idol defeated Mike Starbuck in 3:38 by pinfall with a Big Elbow Drop in a less than inspiring GCW debut. (E)
The match brought the crowds mood down, though Starbuck does improve in performance skills.

Stan Hansen and Jim Barnett are shown backstage as Hansen begs Barnett to give Larry Zbyszko another shot at his National Heavyweight Title, so he can remove the Living part from Zbyszko’s self given moniker. Zbyszko crashes the proceedings and demands Barnett comply so he can knock the Tobacco stains off of Hansen’s teeth. Zbyszko then heads to the ring, telling Hansen to “Watch and discover, what it means to be a legend.” (D)
The crowd seemed to turn against this segment.

Calling on his Judo background Larry Zbyszko defeated Bret Hart in 7:13 by submission with a Guillotine Choke. (D)
Bret Hart improves in technical and performance skills, a good rub from Larry Z.

The Italian Stallion makes his way to the ring, where Ted DiBiase waits for their scheduled match. Suddenly a half crazed Buzz Sawyer, mouth frothing appears and drops the Stallion from behind. He then delivers a Piledriver to the concrete floor as the fans look on in horror. After much posturing, DiBiase motions Sawyer to join him in the ring and we have a new matchup (E-)
The segment bombed with the crowd. (A bit of a surprise here)

Buzz Sawyer defeated Ted DiBiase in 7:52 by pinfall after Paul Ellering interfered and broke his Cane over DiBiase’s head. (C-)
Ellering did good work and ringside, but again Sawyer and DiBiase don’t click, it may be time to alter this storyline. The fans also hated the cheap finish.

Tommy Rich appears and has plenty to say about last weeks events at Winter Wasteland. “Let me tell you something Ole Anderson, A fox in the Henhouse always shows his true colors boy and you showed yours last week…..Yellow! You got no shame and not a lick of pride and the pack of Foxes yer running with now fits you like a noose on a Cattle rustler. What you need boy is some good ole Southern justice and I’m aiming to give ya just that! If’n of course you got the nerve?” (C)

Ole Anderson appears with the look of smugness that has defined most of his career. “Tommy Rich, hero of the stupid, son, it amazes me that I can even understand the drivel that comes out of your mouth. You talk about Southern justice? If there was any damn justice in the south Pick up Trucks, Country Music and taking your Cousin to the Prom would be against the law. The only justice you are ever going to get is Anderson justice and I think you need a taste of that, oh right about NOW!” (C)

As Anderson completes his thought, Terry Gordy and Buddy Roberts storm the Ring attacking Rich from behind. Ole joins in short order and beatdown is on. (C)

As Rich is pummeled by the “new” Freebirds, Jimmy Garvin suddenly hits the ring with the Baseball bat and cleans house, barely missing Ole’s ample noggin with a swing that would have made Babe Ruth blush. As the despised trio scatter as Garvin checks on Rich and then leaves the ring to scattered applause. (D+)
The crowd didn’t know what to make of Garvin coming to Richs rescue.

Mr. Wrestling II defeated The Spoiler in 9:23 by pinfall with a Million Dollar Knee Lift. Mr. Wrestling II wins the National Television title in a solid back and forth match that saw Spoilers attempt to cheat foiled, when he dropped a pair of Brass Knuckles and caught Wrestling II’s finisher as he tried to pick them up. (C+)
The match suffered from lack of selling and Wrestling II improved his performance skills.

Overall Rating: C (No specific feedback)
WTBS Rating: 0.11 (Our first bump since I took the Book, a small reason to celebrate, but one nonetheless)

Thoughts: Really kind of a ho-hum show with our top storyline only pulling a C+ in the main event match. It is clear I need to get some better chemistry in our marquee feuds, but I will need to be careful how it is handled.

Ole comes up and pats me on the back (actually almost knocking the wind out of me) “Your Daddy must be quite proud of you. Here you are in the one of the greatest territories in the world and you are turning it into a complete clusterfuck. Hell son, did you learn a damn thing from sitting back stage all those years as a boy or were you too busy jacking off to posters of Gorgeous George? I hate to spoil the fantasy punk, but George was a man!”

Me: “So was your Mother”

I don’t get a chance to talk to any of the other wrestlers as the Ole is hot on my heels and I make my escape by the skin of my teeth, though I know have a huge dent to fix in my door, compliments of Ole’s size 12 as I sped away.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 09-06-2009 at 11:05 AM.