Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Interviewing for a job in good ol' San Antonio!

Heading to San Antonio looks like next week to interview for a job at St. Mary's University. Anyone know the city, the area, the school? I already had a phone interview and did some online research, so looking for some or stuff. Thanks!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
Izulde
Head Coach

Not familiar, but the people I know who live in San Antonio love it there, including one of my academic friends who just got a tenure track position at UTSA.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #3
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
St. Mary's is a great school. It is in an ok part of town, from what I remember. The high school I went to in Fort Worth was Marianist, and we had quite a few events down there. There are a couple of other colleges nearby.

San Antonio is a big city, over 1 million, 7th biggest in the county. Only sports team is the Spurs. Lots and lots of military, as there are four bases in the area. Le ayudará si usted puede hablar español, but not a requirement. It sits on the edge of the Texas Hill Country, and there are tons of outdoor things to do in the general area. Weather is hot during the summer, and rarely gets below freezing in the winter.

Anything else or in particular you are wanting to know?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

One of my best friends lives down there with his wife. Let me know if you have any questions (although I have to guess we have some FOFCers who know it better).
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #5
Atocep
Coordinator

I loved the 3 years I spent in San Antonio. Great city, plenty of stuff to do, and getting from one place to another is pretty easy. I still miss the BBQ and breakfast tacos. The only thing I don't miss is the heat. I never knew what hot really was until I moved there.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:24 AM   #6
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

I've lived here now for almost 4 years and love it. Here's some basics:

Pros: lot of stuff to do with something for everyone: Alamo, Riverwalk, sea world, six flags, waterparks, caverns, hill country to the west, beaches about two hours away, Austin an hour away, tons of concerts, Fiesta, and Houston and Dallas are relatively close. Housing is cheap. Tons of great restaurants. No state income tax.

Cons: Drivers are terrible, traffic can be bad outside of the inner city, roads outside of the loop are pretty old, property taxes are high, school districts aren't the best so you have to find a good spot as there aren't a lot of quality private schools, it's hot and humid but not a lot of rain so lots of drought conditions.
BBT is offline   Reply With Quote