Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-14-2006, 12:01 AM   #301
hoopsguy
General Manager

The #1 QB in the nation, Heath Phillips, is very interested in playing for us. He is also borderline retarded (1.7 GPA). I've already got grade issues with the starter so we will pass. And I gently weep ...

#5 HB Michael Blanda, out of Arizona, is also intrigued. We have lots of competition, both local and national. He gets an offer ASAP.

#8 WR Jim White is the last top ten prospect we are chasing. We like that he had 4 punt returns last season in addition to his receiving and rushing numbers.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:54 AM   #302
hoopsguy
General Manager

Week 9:
Blanda signs with Oregon immediately - can't seem to land that franchise RB

Our first recruit is TE Kent Thompson. #177 recruit in the land, looks like he will be impact receiver, with good grades and high durability.

Week 10:
WR Jim White heads out to LSU.

Oregon State lands a pair of guys we were after - looks like the new coach is off to a good start on the recruiting front.

Week 11:
Ben Jackson is going pro - he has earned it, but it is still frustrating. We are after a few good WR propsects, so we will need to sign them and have them ready to contribute. Full list of Pac 10 guys to follow.

We didn't get our Top 10 targets, but #11 in the nation is coming to town. WR Woodley Martin should be able to push up to at least #3 WR. He reminds me of Jackson - great hands, great routes, 15 TDs and 1,171 yards as a HS senior.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:04 AM   #303
hoopsguy
General Manager

Other early entries:
SS Kevin Barnett (WSU)
QB Chuck Burford (ORE) - only played there one year after transferring
RB Alonzo DeCarlo (ORE) - already have his replacement
OT Jim Sanford (ASU)
WR Andre Wilkerson (WSU)
SS Hakim Wohlabaugh (CAL)

Huh, the WSU QB didn't go pro - he was 2nd in nation in passing last year. And no one from Southern Cal departed. Guess firing the coach helped convince them to stay ...
Old 01-14-2006, 01:59 AM   #304
hoopsguy
General Manager

We are not off to a very good start with recruiting. We aren't losing a ton of targets, but aren't signing many guys either. Has to break soon ...

Here are the newest additions:
FB Lee Satterwhite - #309 recruit, looks like short-yardage back who can catch the football.

QB Nathan Short - #456 recruit, mobile QB who showed big-time return ability in HS.

Week 13 - JACKPOT
RB Nicholas Morris gives us a 1/2 punch at HB. His scouting report says that he does it all - inside, outside, receiving, blocking. 1,854 yards and 19 TDs back it up. #16 in the nation. We finally pulled a guy out of Arizona. 4.4 speed a 40" vertical. With grades (3.1) and durability (72). I'm very pleased.

CB Curry Thompson - this wasn't a need position, but he wanted to be here and I'm not usually about turning away the #18 recruit in the land when his GPA is passable (2.4). Great coverage and tackling skills.

WR Kato Thelwell - A burner (4.29) with good hands. 300 pound bench for a rail-thin guy (6-4, 176). Hope we have enough playing time to keep our two new wideouts happy. #33 overall.

CB Patrick Harrison - We really did not need two CBs with a trio of juniors already on the team. #47 overall, Patrick is another good coverage guy who may need to be willing to redshirt for a year.

WR Derrick Palmer - #79 recruit, looks like another guy who may end up transferring if he isn't willing to wait for playing time. The other two guys are better on paper than him but he wants to play at UCLA. He had 13 TDs last year and another 4 punt returns.

ILB Lee Brown - guy with suspect grades (1.9) somehow got past my watch. Need position, we may have reached with the #234 prospect given his academic situation.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:14 AM   #305
hoopsguy
General Manager

We continue to add onto our class with depth on the offensive line and in the secondary:
OT J.W. Hunter - some durability questions. Smart, likes to maul in run blocking. #304 overall.
OG Ernie Fiss - tall (6'7") with good grades (3.6). Should grow into decent run blocker. #356.
ILB Leon Jacoby - #149 ILB, like him better than Brown.
FS Barron Starr - #217 overall, defended 16 passes last year while averaging over 20 yards a catch on offense.

Final roster additions:
QB Wandy Truitt - tough first name for a man. His durability suggests he can take punishment.
OLB Eric Lindsay - just imagine if Wandy had this last name.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:30 AM   #306
hoopsguy
General Manager

Final Signings:
5 5 star recruits (#11 WR Woodley Martin is highest ranked)
5 4 star recruits
6 3 star recruits
Class Rank: #4

Looking at guys in training, we have some impact players coming in at WR and HB.

Preseason, we are listed as #8 in both polls. USC is listed as #1. Washington State is right behind us.

Expectations have moved on us now - Top 20, 2nd in Pac 10.

School Fundraising: GOOD (same)
Academics: BELOW AVERAGE (same)
Alumni Fundraising: AVERAGE (same)

Prestige Values - Pac 10:
USC - 87 (+1 since start of dynasty)
UCLA - 68 (+3)
Oregon - 65 (+3)
Washington State - 62 (+5)
Oregon State - 58 (-3)
California - 58 (0)
Stanford - 54 (0)
Arizona State - 54 (-3)
Washington - 54 (-1)
Arizona - 52 (+1)

So, with USC as preseason #1 and actually having an overall gain in prestige I'm not exactly close to reducing them to a pile of crap. It was great seeing them lose four games last year, miss the playoffs, and fire their coach but we have a ton of work left to do ...
Old 01-14-2006, 02:36 AM   #307
hoopsguy
General Manager

2 blue players - FR WR Woodley Martin (damn!) and SR DE Ronald Smith
28 green players

Not a ton of stars, but a deep roster. And at this point the roster is essentially mine as I've now brought in four recruiting classes.

Here is one of the two freshman phenoms - Woodley Martin:

Woodley Martin, Wide Receiver
UCLA
Current/Potential
REC
REC Y
YPC
LNG
TD
14/19
California-LA Brown Bears
Attributes
Morale:
Unsure
Height:
6-2
Weight:
Ideal Wt:
Jersey:
Year:
Fr
OK
Energy:
HS Ranking:
Pos Ranking:
#3 WR
Position Ratings
Hands:
Route Running:
Running:
Run Block:
Punt Return:
Kick Return:
Durability:
Endurance:
Adaptability:
Athletic Ratings
Arm Strength:
Acceleration:
Agility:
Speed:
Strength:
Jumping:
Instincts:
Aggressiveness:
Discipline:
Intelligence:
Work Ethic:
Personal Bests
Receptions:

Receiving yards:

Longest catch:

Rushing Yards:

Touchdowns:

Game Logs
WeekOppResAttRecYdsYPCYACLngTDGCDrpFLostR YdsYPCTD
Scouting Report
Potential
With more repetitions and effort, he'll be able to catch anything thrown in his direction. When he is able to translate his raw speed to the football field, he'll be a real burner. I think he'll get the hang of run blocking but won't ever be much better than average. With more practice, he'll be making the kind of runs that make would be tacklers look silly.
Player Awards
Old 01-14-2006, 08:13 AM   #308
Jesse_Ewiak
Banned

Out of curiosity, who did the dumb #1 rated QB sign with?
Jesse_Ewiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 10:06 AM   #309
hoopsguy
General Manager

Jesse, I'll see if I can pull that up for you sometime soon - just not sure how to retrieve that info while in "Camp" mode which is where I am at this point.

We settle into the vertical passing offense again - I really feel like our offense is very flexible right now with as much depth as we have. Just need our QB to run it efficiently, so might as well give him the bonus from the OC preferred selection.

Our new defensive coordinator recommends playing a 4-4 and I'll reluctantly go along with him. I think we have a ton of depth at cornerback but we are thin at safety. If we take an injury to Taz Simms we will probably play a CB at the position and having a stud safety is important in this D. Overall the defense is not as deep as the offense and I think graduation will hurt big-time on this side of the ball next season.

Scheduling:
Rutgers is already on our schedule. I want one tougher game out of the 3 (including Rutgers) but with the Pac 10 looking pretty strong up top this year I want it at home. The trick is finding someone to take it. We ask Minnesota to visit us opening week and suggest to Wyoming that we will play at their facility in Week 2. Both accept - easy enough. Now we just have to beat Minnesota, who has been a pretty solid Big Ten team.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:45 AM   #310
hoopsguy
General Manager

Redshirts (and cuts) - this will be a tough one, as the initial look at the depth charts suggests that CB and WR will have some unhappy campers if left to their own devices. There are also some talented freshmen who will have the chance to be four year starters if they sit out this year.

QB - both of our incoming freshman have grade issues (1.9 - 2.0 range) and neither figures to be in the mix yet. Both get the RS, we'll see if they accept it.

HB - Morris is our likely starter (ahead of last years starter, Dawson) so nothing here.

FB - Nothing

WR - Martin is listed as a starter. After that we have 3 freshmen who all rate out at 11 at the moment with 16-18 potential in the future. Kai Olsen already took his redshirt last year. Derrick Palmer gets the redshirt now - which leaves us with 4 talented wideouts.

TE - nothing

OT - 3 seniors are blocking playing time for J.W. Hunter - he gets a redshirt and we hope he doesn't take it the wrong way.

OG - We will go ahead and redshirt Ernie Fiss, who would be the 4th option this year. He'll have more opportunities next year and after that as long as he develops a little bit. And we would be willing to remove this one if grades + injuries force our hand (possible).

C - Nothing - need a good one in recruiting next year.

DE - Not enough bodies to get clever, or any young talent.

DT - Our depth here is atrocious. But no redshirts or cuts.

ILB - Academic worry Lee Brown came in with a 2.84. I would think about a redshirt in 4-3, but since we are 4-4 I'll keep all five guys active with two vets having low GPAs.

OLB - We redshirt freshman Eric Lindsay. I don't ever expect him to start, but with 3 seniors this year he wouldn't see the field much.

CB - 9 guys here, some have to go. SR Ken Byrd is whacked - one of last guys on roster that I did not hire. Freshman Patrick Harrison came in with a very low GPA (1.67) so he has the year off to work on his grades.

S - Freshman Barron Starr is going to have to play some SS this year, as he is much better than the 2nd guy on our roster.

K/P - no moves to make here.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:54 AM   #311
hoopsguy
General Manager

Preseason Top Ten:
1. USC
2. Michigan
3. LSU
4. Oklahoma
5. Texas
6. Wisconsin
7. Georgia
8. UCLA
9. Washington State
10. Miami (FL)

Others of note ...
14. Oregon
21. Oregon State
Old 01-14-2006, 11:01 AM   #312
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just going around the horn for some of the top teams to get a sense for relative prestige levels ...

Oklahoma (82): 79-28 overall record, 2 national championships, 1 conference championship (amusing - harder to win Big12 than the 4 game playoff?), average CPU rank 19.

Texas (84): 85-23 overall, 3 conference championships, average CPU rank 9.

Michigan (78): 73-28 overall, 1 national championship, 3 conference championships, average CPU rank 23.

LSU (84): 78-26 overall, 2 conference championships, average CPU rank 12.

Miami Hurricanes (85): 82-24 overall, 1 national championship, 0 conference championships (huh?), average CPU rank 18.

Georgia (80): 82-25 overall, 1 national championship, 5 conference championships, average rank 18.

USC (87): 92-19 overall, 1 national championship, 6 conference championships, average rank 8.

So, at a glance USC still is the toughest team in the nation after 8 seasons of work.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:07 AM   #313
hoopsguy
General Manager

We are listed as 9 point favorites at home against Minnesota. They have a dynamite 1-2 punch at HB in SR Dan Lewis and SO Brendan Finks. I like our combo, but these guys are older and better. They are starting a true freshman at QB, Tony Jones. He was the #6 overall guy in his class. All in all, a very capable and balanced offense. They match up with us pretty well.

The defense is no slouch either. MLB Charley Gaiters is a tough man to run against. 3 year starter. Another guy who has started 36 games for the Golden Gophers is CB Gary Baniewicz. He has 40 passes defended and 11 picks for his career.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:53 AM   #314
hoopsguy
General Manager

Not a sellout - only 97,100 on hand. I hope to get to the point where we are over 100k each and every game sometime soon. And Minnesota is certainly a quality opponent - weird that the number wasn't a little higher.

3 and out on opening possession. A false start and a sack in the mix. Not good.

Welcome to college, Tony Jones! Elijah McCallister intercepts his first pass and returns it to the Minnesota 48.

Another 3 and out. Rattay is 0-2 and Nicholas Morris has 3 carries for 8 yards.

The Gophers are moving the ball with short passing and the ground game. But Jared Burford ends the drive when he jars the ball loose. We take over at our 35.

Still no first downs, thanks to a holding penalty. Punt.

We bring a lot of heat to the QB, recording sacks on the first two plays - Burford and SS Taz Simms. 3 and out for Minnesota.

Nice first reception for Woodley Martin - 61 yards on a TD pass from Rattay after he runs through a jam at the line. 7-0, 4:11 left in the quarter.

Minnesota picks up a pair of 3rd downs with friendly spots.
Jones is starting to click on 3rd downs - so far he has converted four of them this drive. Down to our 25 ...
RB Dan Lewis runs it in from 2 yards out to finish an 18 play drive. 7-7, 12:12 left in the half.

J.R. Jackson runs the kick out to the 45.
Morris gains 11 thanks to good work up front by his left tackle.
Morris runs for 10 on 3rd and 9 - the line is doing good work this drive.
Or not - Rattay gets crunched on a sack on 2nd down.
Ellis kicks a 41 yard field goal. 10-7, 7:36 left in the half.

SS Taz Simms looks like he has a lot of freedom in this defense. He is making plays.
Except on 3rd down, where QB Tony Jones owns us. 42 yards on 3rd and 13.
RB Dan Lewis runs for 13 on 3rd and 6. Minnesota is now 8-9 on 3rd.
We finally stop a 3rd down on our 18, but a 36 yard field goal ties the game. 10-10, 3:41 to play in the half.

J.R. Jackson runs it back! No, he is called out of bounds at the 2.
Rattay to WR Kato Thelwell, 2 yard TD pass. Another freshman with a TD for his first reception. 17-10, 2:49 left in the half.

We pick up a 15 yard facemask penalty, moving Minnesota up to the 40.
Lewis breaks away for a 49 yard TD run. 17-17, 1:13 left in the half. Argh.

Nothing before half.

Halftime Notes:
We are getting whipped pretty well. Only 105 yards of offense, down 14-7 on first downs.
2-0 lead on turnovers has helped keep us in this one, along with special teams play.
We have to get some 3rd down stops (9-11 for Gophers) and start putting together drives on offense if we want to win this game. These guys are good.

The defense forces a short pass on 3rd down and tackles well to force a punt.

We are whistled for holding on first down (OG Perryman).
Sack - 4th of the day for Minnesota.
We hold again on 3rd down, but they decline. Horrible start to 2nd half.

Lewis is over 100 yards on his 18th carry against us.
We get a sack on 3rd down, but can't recover the fumble.
Minnesota converts a 50 yard field goal. 20-17, 7:04 left in the quarter.

I expected our RBs would split carries, but that is not happening. Morris has 18 carries and Dawson has 1.
Rattay is putting together a nice drive, finding Voight twice for 1st downs.
But he fails to connect on 3rd and 5 from the 28. Ellis misses a 46 yard field goal.

We had an interception overturned by defensive holding away from the play. I'm furious, as the ball was tipped at the line of scrimmage. But Minnesota keeps possession and gets a 1st down.
QB Jones runs for 21 yards on an option play.
We stuff Lewis on 3rd and 4 from the 34. Forcing a punt.
We will start at our 6.

We are moving the ball well this drive. Woodley Martin has a pair of receptions for first downs. Out past midfield.
But the drive ends with a Rattay interception.

DT Jack Farmer sacks Jones on 2nd and 10.
OLB Hank Swilling forces a fumble in the backfield on a run, but we can't recover. 3 straight recoveries for Minnesota. They punt.

We get a recovery when Morris coughs it up.
But it was a nasty 3 and out for the offense. Punt.

Minnesota is whistled for holding on 1st down.
3 and out - defense has really clamped down this half.

Morris picks up 15 on a sweep, out past the 50.
Rattay to Morris for 13 on 3rd and 8, into field goal range.
The defense holds us here, and Ellis misses a 49 yarder. We are now running out of time.

QB Jones runs the option on 3rd and 15, picking up 22 yards. Back-breaker, under 2 to play now.
4th and 2, Minnesota punts and puts us on our 5 with less than a minute to play. But we do have our timeouts.

Run - we get stuffed, and it is a safety! 22-17, 0:40 left in the game.

Thanks to our kicker for sucking today. Doesn't look like the new special teams coach is exactly getting the best out of him.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:08 PM   #315
hoopsguy
General Manager

3rd down efficiency:
Minnesota 10-18
UCLA: 4-13

UCLA made up 10 more yards per punt than we did - which came into play with our long field goal misses.

QB John Rattay wasn't the problem, but he had a chance to win this game for us instead of leave it in the hands of an idiot kicker. 15-25 for 180 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT.

HB Nicolas Morris did not reinvent the position in his first game. 24 carries for 89 yards. Gannon Dawson only got 3 carries for 4 yards. Perhaps we can strike a better balance and see both guys thrive?

OG John Perryman allowed four sacks and was called for a holding penalty. He just lost his starting job.

Not much to say about our kicker. He needs to hit one of those two kicks. Period. End of story.

OLB Hank Swilling had 6 tackles, 5 assists, 1 sack, 1 hurry, and 2 forced fumbles.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:13 PM   #316
hoopsguy
General Manager

Forgot to report on academics earlier - all kinds of issues here:
QB John Rattay
SS Taz Simms
DT Jared Burford
ILB Scott Wilson - always on this list
DE Ronald Smith
FB LeShon Toomer
CB Elijah McCallister

Those are the starters, and there are other decent players on the list as well. Suspensions are likely to be an issue this year. This could be an ugly season after starting off with a home loss ...
Old 01-14-2006, 12:18 PM   #317
hoopsguy
General Manager

We are listed as 23 point favorites at Wyoming. Hope to see a strong showing by the offense. They only have a couple of players on our roster that we would even have recruited. If we don't cover the line something is wrong.

We rest DT Jared Burford, who is a little banged up. Might as well find out what life without him is going to be like when he gets suspended for being a dumbass in the classroom.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:01 PM   #318
hoopsguy
General Manager

Less than 20,000 on hand in Wyoming - this is just foreign to us.

Quentin Christian brings the kick out to their 43. Add 15 yards for piling on and we have a very short field to start with.
Rattay to Martin for 11 on 3rd and 8.
Morris runs it in from 10 yards out. 7-0, 12:51 left in the quarter.

3 and out for Wyoming offense.

Rattay to WR Kato Thelwell for 21 yards, 10 of it after the catch.
Rattay is sacked - wonder who gave that one up?
We punt from midfield.

DE Phil Patten records a sack on 1st down.
3 and out.

Rattay to Martin for 36 yards, nice work by both players on that one.
21 yards to Fortunato.
17 yards to Voight. Rattay is hot to start this game.
Morris runs it in from 6 yards out. 14-0, 4:21 left in the quarter.

DE Mark Dickerson sacks the QB.
But Wyoming picks up 3rd and 10, despite a defensive holding violation.
Offensive pass interference takes away a 29 yard gain.
Punt.

Rattay's string of completions is over at 7.
But starts again with a 36 yard gain to Voight.
10 more to Voight on 3rd and 7.
Morris gets his 3rd TD of day from 3 yards out. 21-0, 12:30 left in half.

Jack Farmer forces a fumble that is recovered by CB Bowens. We'll start at their 38.

Rattay is sacked on 1st and goal.
And we are forced into a field goal. 24-0, 5:42 left in half after the 26 yard field goal.

ILB Scott Wilson intercepts a deep ball. Nice to have the MLB making plays in coverage 35 yards downfield.

Rattay has cooled off after hot start. He is now 13-22 for 193 yards.
Punt.

Another holding call on Wyoming wipes out a first down. They have 6 penalties for 60 yards already.
They punt from the 50 with time running out in the half.

Halftime Notes:
Pretty solid on both sides of ball. Unless something dramatic happens 2nd half recap will just detail scoring plays.

Wyoming opens up the second half pounding away on the ground, converting a TD. 24-8 (after 2 point conversion), 10:12 left in the quarter.

OK, this is getting a little serious. We are driving, but WR Kai Olson gets lit up after a catch and fumbles. Wyoming recovers and advances the ball 59 yards to our 23.

OK, crisis averted. First play for Wyoming offense is an interception by J.R. Jackson. 77 yard return for a TD. 31-8, 7:01 left in 3rd.

Ellis 28 yard field goal. 34-8, 3:29 left in 3rd.

Wes Satterwhite dives in from one yard out. 34-15, 14:02 left in game.

J.R. Jackson returns a punt 54 yards. 41-15, 11:01 left in the game.

Burris to Simmons for 6 yard TD pass. 41-22, 2:35 left in the game. And that was the final score.

Offense wasn't terribly inspiring. Defense forced 6 turnovers.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:13 PM   #319
hoopsguy
General Manager

Only 363 yards of offense - basically everyone we play after this will have a better defense than the Cowboys.

We surrendered 10-16 3rd down conversions - this is now an alarming trend. The good news is that the defense only allowed 277 yards and forced 6 turnovers, so we did a lot of things right. But 3rd down has to improve.

4 sacks allowed - that is 9 in two games. Another trouble spot.

John Rattay was 20-34 for 268 yards. He isn't quite there yet, but I have pretty high hopes for his last two seasons. Still needs to tighten up his accuracy, I think.

Nicolas Morris had 23 carries for 95 yards and 3 TDs. Still waiting to see some big-play ability from him but he did his job in short yardage situations today.

Two sacks allowed by our replacement OG Luis Jones. Not sure where to go with this one, as both guys have blown their auditions. And neither Jones nor Perryman should be a complete waste of a player ...

DE Dickerson has 3 tackles, 2 sacks, and 2 hurries.

J.R. Jackson had an interception (returned for a TD) and a pair of passes defended. Not to mention the punt return.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:18 PM   #320
hoopsguy
General Manager

We lose McCallister and Wilson to academic suspension. No surprise, both are repeat offenders.

We have some issues at CB as two more guys are looking at grade issues right now. We really need to address this. It is pretty frustrated having this battle every season when we rarely bring in guys who were academic risks in high school. I guess the UCLA campus life is hard to resist for a lot of our guys.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:20 PM   #321
hoopsguy
General Manager

We have a bye week in Week #3 of the season. Here are early season rankings:

1. Oklahoma
2. USC
3. Texas
4. Michigan - they have a loss
5. Notre Dame
6. LSU - another team with a loss
7. Auburn
8. Washington State
9. Georgia
10. Wisconsin

Other notables:
12. UCLA
15. Oregon
20. Minnesota - undefeated
25. Oregon State
Old 01-14-2006, 01:24 PM   #322
hoopsguy
General Manager

We are listed as one point dogs as we head north to visit Washington. Our offense is ranked #96 in the land, so hopefully we can bump that up a little bit.

The key matchup is listed as Huskies WR Harry Morris against our pass D. Morris has 10 catches for 186 yards and a TD in two games.

Washington is 1-1. Their talent is listed as relatively even with ours, which I'm having a hard time believing. If that is the case then our scouts have really oversold me on what we actually possess. I think we win this game decisively.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:46 PM   #323
hoopsguy
General Manager

Morris picks up 10 yards on the ground on a 3rd and 7 play.
Rattay, after missing on his first two attempts, connects with Voight for 27 on 3rd and 9.
27 more to Martin on 3rd and 13.
And we finally make something happen on 1st down - 16 yard screen pass for TD to Gannon Dawson. 7-0, 11:13 left in the quarter.

RB Dave Darden picks up 9 on the ground - when the hell does this guy graduate?
WR Chad McDermott gains 28 on a 3rd and 9, into field goal range.
But the drive dies here. 44 yard field goal cuts the margin to 7-3, 7:45 left in the 1st.

3 and out for the offense.

Washington is also running the option against us - seems to be gaining popularity ...
We stop their drive at midfield, forcing a punt.
We are going to have to start from our 7.

WR Woodley Martin makes a move after the catch on a short cross, going for 19 yards before he is brought down.
4th and 1 at the Washington 44. Rattay hits Martin for a gain of 9.
And the next play is a 35 yard TD pass to Thelwell. 14-3, 14:05 left in the half.

DE Dickerson records back-to-back sacks.
But Darden runs for 25 on 3rd and 20. Wow, just brutal. We are clueless on 3rd down.
23 yard pass from QB Jarrod Barnes to McDermott into field goal range.
FS Keith Thomas leaves the game with a foot injury.
LB Ben Arthur gets credit for a sack when he wraps up Barnes on the option.
And Barnes throws a TD pass from 10 yards out on 3rd and goal. Sigh. 14-10, 9:13 left in the half.
The Huskies are 4-6 on 3rd down so far ...

Rattay gets an easy 62 yard TD pass when Mike Voight slips a tackle and runs unmolested for 55 yards. 21-10, 8:05 left in the half.

We knock Barnes out of the game with an undisclosed injury.
We are whistled for roughing the new passer, Steve Norman.
Another defensive penalty - holding on SS Taz Simms.
We give up 15 on a pass play on 3rd and 8. I proceed to light myself on fire.
We stop a run on 3rd and 14, forcing a field goal. Good from 39 yards. 21-13, 3:50 left in the half.

Rattay has his 4th TD pass of the day, 56 yards to Kai Olsen on a blown assignment. He almost has 300 yards already as well. 28-13, 3:10 left in the half.

46 yards on a pass to the fullback. Another 3rd down conversion for the Huskies.
12 yards on 3rd and 10 - time is running short.
But not short enough - 23 yard TD pass on next play. 28-20, 0:45 left on the half.
8-11 on 3rd down conversions so far.
The backup QB is up to 6-9 for 84 yards and a TD.

We are only able to advance the ball to the Washington 46 before the final play of half. Nothing is open deep.

Halftime Notes:
Rattay is going berserk, but the defense still can't get 3rd down stops even against a backup QB.
We are again losing the battle on the ground, which is discouraging as we have talent at both HB and offensive line.
Looks like we will need to get at least 40 to win this game, which isn't how I want to have to win football games.

Washington fumbles the opening kick and we recover it at their 12.
Rattay to Voight for a 7 yard TD pass. 5th of day for Rattay. 35-20, 13:54 left in the 3rd.

And the defense is making it happen. J.R. Jackson comes in to blindside a Huskies receiver, who fumbles. DT Jared Burford shows a lot of hustle to come up with the ball and lumbers in from 38 yards out as everyone holds their blocks! 42-20, 13:11 left in the 3rd.

Another fumbled kickoff return. We get to start on their 8 this time. And this has to be very frustrating for the fans in the stadium, who saw their team battle in the first half.

We get stuffed on the possession and Ellis misses a 21 yard field goal because he is a turd.

We forced another fumble, but Washington recovers this time.
Gain of 10 on 3rd and 7.
ILB Bryant Bruschi sustained a head injury and has left the field.
We manage to stop a 3rd down, and UW punts from their 47.

OT Lonie Smith leaves with an elbow injury. The injuries are starting to pile up today.
47 yard pass play to Martin, despite a defensive holding penalty. Down to the 13.
Morris runs it in from 5 yards out. 49-20, 5:18 left in the 3rd.
Martin and Voight are both over 100 yards on the day.

36 yard pass play from Norman to Collett.
Another 3rd down conversion - only needed 5 this time.
Backup QB Steve Norman is now 16-18 for 209 yards and a TD.
TD pass of 6 yards to the fullback. 49-27, 1:09 left in 3rd.

Their FB Emlon Rison gains 19 on the ground.
A defensive holding call moves the Huskies into field goal range.
30 yard TD pass to Aiken. These guys keep coming ...
Two point conversion no good, 49-33 with 12:38 to play.

J.R. Jackson takes the kick out to the 44.
The offensive line is clearing out space for Morris.
Dawson gets his first carry of the game, good for 9 yards (Morris has 21 carries)
Rattay is sacked on 3rd and goal. Idiot kicker is on - good from 31 yards out. 52-33, 9:08 remaining.

Collett returns the kick to the 45.
DE Mark Dickerson leaves the game with an elbow injury.
A holding penalty erases a Washington first down.
No big deal, they gain 12 on 3rd and 11.
33 yards on a dumpoff pass to Darden, down to the 11 yard line.
But Travis Wilcox comes up with an interception. Nice to see us finally do something on that side of the ball.

OLB Dick Herring gets his 2nd sack on Rattay.
Punt.

Darden is over 100 yards against us - 24 carries for 107 so far. Plus another 83 through the air.
We come up with a convincing 3rd down stop - is the defense turning the corner? I can dream ...

Morris gets his first 100 yard day, crossing the threshold on his 24th carry.
26 carries for 109 yards.

DT Jared Burford comes up with a late sack.
And a 2nd sack.
And a safety on the next play - defense was mean at the end of this one after giving up 500 yards on the day. 54-33 final.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:08 PM   #324
hoopsguy
General Manager

Washington State came back on the road in the 4th quarter to beat Oregon 27-24. I'll be ecstatic when Williams graduates after this year.

Stats from the Washington game:
Yards: UW 509, UCLA 506
3rd Down Conversions: UW 11-16, UCLA 8-15

The biggest factor in this one was the kickoff return fumbles.

John Rattay finished 22-32 for 399 yards. 5 TDs and 0 INTs. But he may not have been the best QB in the game. Steve Norman was 22-26 for 303 yards in less than 3 quarters of play. 3 TDs and 1 INT.

Voight had 4 catches for 107 yards and 2 TDs. We had four receivers over 70 yards receiving on this day. We held Washington's featured receiver Harry Morris to 2 receptions for 12 yards.

3 key run blocks for C Nick Moore. Washington OG Steve Redmond had a monster game with 2 key run blocks and FIVE pancakes.

3 sacks for Jared Burford, along with 5 tackles, a hurry, and a forced fumble.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:16 PM   #325
hoopsguy
General Manager

We have another bye on Week 5. Here are the updated rankings at the conclusion of that week.

1. Texas - just beat former #1 Oklahoma 38-36
2. USC - Won 51-3 against Washington. Defense looks scary.
3. Michigan - No idea why a one loss team is #3
4. Oklahoma - see #3
5. Washington State - only loss in last two years was in last game of playoffs in 2012
6. Florida
7. Wisconsin - has two losses. Yes they were great a year ago, but this is lame
8. LSU - showdown with Florida coming up
9. Notre Dame
10. UCLA

Other Notables ...
15. Mississippi is undefeated
16. Minnesota is undefeated, beat us
18. Ohio State is undefeated
19. Boston College is 1-2
20. Oregon
22. Arizona is undefeated
24. NC State is undefeated
25. Arizona State
Old 01-14-2006, 03:42 PM   #326
hoopsguy
General Manager

Academic news:
We get ILB Scott Wilson back, but CB Elijah McAllister remains locked up in study hall. FR WR Kato Thelwell joins him, as do a pair of reserves.

It is good that we got Wilson back because Bryant Bruschi has a pretty bad concussion and should not suit up this week.

We are listed as 18 point favorites heading into Palo Alto to play a 3-0 Stanford team. We know that WR Mike Pointer is a very good player but don't see a lot on their offense that frightens us. Defensively, their strength is in the secondary. They lost their FS, freshman Sonny Carolan (who we had hoped to sign) to a spinal injury that has ended his season.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:44 PM   #327
hoopsguy
General Manager

Rattay throws it up and Martin runs it down for a 31 yard gain.
Besides that play, we run 5 runs to set up first and goal at the 6.
Morris dives in from 2 yards out. 7-0, 12:03 left in the quarter.

WR Ted Moss goes out with an injury for Stanford.
QB Amos Wilson comes out firing, completing his first four passes before missing on 3rd and 3 at the 50. Punt.

A holding penalty wipes out a first down to Voight.
We punt from our 9.

DE Mark Dickerson forces a fumble and Burford recovers.

But Rattay is picked on the next play. No real change in yardage on the turnovers.

Stanford gains 11 on a 3rd down screen to keep their drive moving.
4th and 1 at the 11. Stanford takes the 3. 7-3, 1:47 left in the quarter.

We run the kick back to the 45 and get 15 more on a spearing call.
Morris gets the longest run of his career (24) thanks to some fine work up front.
And Morris takes a screen pass in from the 5 for a score. 14-3, 14:32 left in half.

The Stanford short-yardage QB runs a draw for 14 on 3rd and 2. We really struggle with mobile QBs.
Stanford fails a fake punt on 4th and 14 from the 48.

Rattay and Martin again connect, for 26 yards despite a flagrant holding penalty on the defense.
Rattay hits Olsen for 24 on 3rd and 17, with the last few yards being picked up by Olsen after the catch.
Rattay to Martin - 5 yard TD pass. 21-3, 8:59 left in the half.

QB Amos Wilson is now 9-10 on the game. He has the Cardinal into our territory.
Stanford does a very good job this drive of mixing run and pass.
Wilson finishes it with a 5 yard TD pass. He has now completed 9 straight. 21-10, 3:48 left in the half.

3 and out for the offense. Rattay is not good at making plays on the run - still haven't had a guy that does that well at UCLA ... we punt.

Gain of 22 to the TE on 3rd and 6.
Wilson is up to 11 straight completions ...
The string is snapped at 12. And we force a drop on the next pass, setting up a 52 yard field goal attempt - which is wide.

Halftime Notes:
We barely had the ball for 10 minutes. Offense was pretty good in that time, but defense isn't taking away either the run or the short passing game.
It really feels like they are moving the ball on us much better than I would expect, given the talent levels. Credit to their guys for 30 good minutes, even if they are down 11.

Stanford starts at our 50 after a face mask call at the end of the runback.
3 and out, a pair of incompletions for Wilson. The punt leaves us at our 1 yard line.

Rattay to Martin, 38 yards. Way to attack out of end zone!
But we are unable to further advance the ball. Punt.
Stanford gets to start from their 3.

We thought we had a safety, but the carrier was ruled down at the 1.
Gain of 15 on 3rd and 11. Drat.
Sack for Burford.
Sack for Smith. Punt. Nice work by the defense.

3 and out for us. Rattay just isn't as dialed in today.

Stanford gets one first down before punting.

Morris runs for 12 on 3rd and 10.
Voight has another catch taken away due to an offensive penalty.
We have to punt yet again.

The defense forces a 3 and out. Good 2nd half so far ...
J.R. Jackson takes a punt back 63 yards for a TD. 28-10, 1:00 left in 3rd quarter.

Stanford has terrific field position, after a piling on call. Ball at our 40.
Burford records a sack on 3rd and 1. They miss a 42 yard field goal and hold in the process. We decline the penalty.

Gain of 23 for Morris, keyed by Nick Moore.
But Rattay is intercepted for the 2nd time on the day on the very next play.

OLB Hank Swilling gets a pick on 3rd and 1. We start near midfield.

Screen to Morris for 12 on 3rd and 10.
And Rattay hits Olsen for 32 yards and a TD to put this one out of reach. 35-10, 8:48 left in the game.

Burford forces a fumble, we recover.

Not much on offense, punt.

Sack for Burford, who is having another big game. Stanford has a backup QB in at this point.
They punt it away.

We are just running clock at this point. We punt after 3 straight runs.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:55 PM   #328
hoopsguy
General Manager

Stanford actually had 25 first downs to our 16.
7-18 on 3rd downs - defense was better in this area today.

John Rattay struggled with accuracty today. 13-27 for 219 yards. 3 TDs and 2 INTs.

Nicolas Morris finished with 100 yards on 21 carries.

Martin had 100 yards receiving again.

Jared Burford was a monster. 9 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 stuffs, a hurry, 2 forced fumbles, and one fumble recovery.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:58 PM   #329
hoopsguy
General Manager

Jesse, you asked earlier about QB Heath Phillips - didn't have to look to hard to find him.

He is at USC.

And he played well in early action although right now he is behind SO QB McAdoo.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:20 PM   #330
hoopsguy
General Manager

Big game coming up - Washington State is coming to town. They are 5-0 and ranked #3. We are listed as 13 point favorites as home - bet the Cougars to cover that number.

We are relatively healthy. Bruschi will sit out one more game and we have lost backup FS Jerry Brock for awhile with a fractured orbital.

Stopping Washington State starts with QB Eric Williams. He is now the all-time leader in passing yards (14,491) and should get the TD mark as well (112, 127 is the record). Career 62% completion percentage with a 154.8 rating. Great, great player.
And, they have the #15 recruit in the nation behind him - so look for the beat to roll on next year for these guys at QB.

They have a freshman RB in John Putzier who has taken over the RB duties. He has 700 yards and 7 TDs in his first 5 games. Yet another stud RB who played his high school ball in Arizona.

WR - Joey Odom and Willie Morris return. These two upperclassmen feel like they have been around forever.

The offensive line is serviceable to good.

Defensively, they have one of the deeper lines I have seen. MLB Ken Lenon had 8 sacks last year and makes a lot of plays. They have added a good CB in transfer Malcolm Haynesworth and SS Lamar Houston can also play.

Overall, I don't think they are quite as talented across the board as Minnesota was, but the QB is a dominant player who probably makes them a tougher test.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:31 PM   #331
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sellout today - 100,089 pack the place. It is a hot one, 87 and slightly overcast.

Morris runs the opening kick back to the 42.
First play, Rattay finds Martin, who makes a couple of moves to go for 26 yards.
4th and 1 at the 23. Ellis is in for the field goal and converts it. 3-0, 12:49 left in the quarter.

Offensive pass interference on the TE sets up a long first down for the Cougars.
3 straight runs and a punt for WSU.
We will start at the 44.

3 straight runs for us and punt. Yuck, we wasted an opportunity here.
WSU will start at the 4.

The Cougars still don't have a run - what is going on with their playcalling? Punt.

Rattay picks up back-to-back 1st downs through the air to his 4th and 3rd receivers, moving into field goal range.
But he fumbles after a scramble and WSU runs back the ball all the way to our 26.

Williams comes out passing here. Three straight incompletions, but we are whistled for defensive holding on 3rd and 10.
A holding call wipes away a 3rd down conversion for WSU.
But Williams picks up 28 on 3rd and 24. Oh my god. I have no idea how to convey how frustrating this is getting.
And throws a 2 yard TD pass to give his team the lead. 7-3, 2:00 left in the half.

ILB Ken Lenon seems to be making every tackle for the defense.
48 yard gain to WR Dan Campbell. 1st and goal at the nine.
We aren't able to advance the ball and have to settle for a short field goal. 7-6, 12:11 left in the half.

3 and out, as Williams can't pick up 3rd and 1.

Sack, holding - not a good start to our drive.
A 17 yard run by Morris sets up 3rd and 8.
Pass for 7 to Fortunato. Punt - very annoying.

4th and 2 at our 34. They give to Putzier, who only gets one.

WSU gets another sack. But Rattay answers with an 18 yard gain to Voight on 3rd and 14.
Another two completions to Voight and we are into the red zone.
Drive dies there, thanks in part to a false start. Another field goal - Ellis is good from 35. 9-7, 2:42 left in the half.

WR Willie Morris makes a one handed grab for 49 yards on 3rd and 11.
DT Jared Burford leaves with a foot injury - brutal loss for the D.
Offensive holding pushes them back, but Williams keeps coming.
Three more completions, great two minute offense. TD with 0:29 left. 14-9.

Halftime Notes:
We are getting field goals and they are getting TDs.
Until the last drive we had done a good job with Williams.
We'll probably need a big turnover or special teams play to win this one - this is a good team with a great QB.

One play drive - Williams to Odom, who eludes his man and is off to the races for 87 yards. 21-9, 14:14 left in the half.
3rd TD of the day for Odom.

Holding on Perryman - he is basically my whipping boy on the offensive line.
We punt, and WSU is starting at our 39 on the short kick.
Make that the 24 after an unnecessary roughness penalty. We are just melting right now.

Williams tried to run a keeper on 3rd and 6. Great QB, but not a great runner. 38 yard field goal is good, 24-9 with 11:01 remaining in 3rd.

Morris snaps off a 22 yard run - he is having a pretty good day so far.
13 more, he is up to 95 yards on 17 carries.
Another holding call pushes us back into our territory.
We punt.

Sack for DE Dickerson.
We force a 3 and out, as Williams again has to tuck and run on 3rd down.

Pass of 21 yards to Olsen, down to the 27.
23 more yards to Campbell - why is he getting this playing time? Is Martin hurt?
Rattay is sacked at the 9.
OT Lonie Smith leaves the game with an injury.
Morris runs it in, thanks to some great blocking up front. And we get a 2 point conversion. 24-17, 4:35 left in the 3rd.

DE Ronald Smith levels Williams, but he holds on.
Morris gets a 33 yard grab on the sidelines.
Back to back completions to Manning put them inside our 15.
We force a field goal - 30 yarder is good. 27-17, 0:27 left in the 3rd.

ILB Ken Lenon gets a sack.
Rattay makes up those yards with a 25 yard completion to Olsen.
Perryman commits another penalty to wipe out a 25 yard gain - jag.
Gain of 30 on 3rd and 14 to the TE Fortunato!
And a 21 yard TD pass to Morris, who we had line up at WR. 27-24, 12:37 left in the game.

DE Ronald Smith gets a sack on 3rd and 5. Good coverage. 3 and out. Punt.

Rattay is over 300 yards with a 22 yard completion to Voight.
But the next pass is intercepted. WSU gets the ball at our 44.

4th and 2 at our 36 - bet they go for it.
Nope. Punt and we start at the 6.

OT Steve Whiting opens up a big hole for Morris. 19 yard run.
WR Olsen is tackled by Lenon and fumbles. Lenon recovers. They have the ball at our 35.

Defense forces 3 and out. WSU gets a clutch 51 yard field goal. 30-24, 5:01 left in the game.

Bad kick goes out of bounds, our ball at the 40.
Morris runs for 15 on 3rd and 6 - nice work by the line.
Rattay picks up back to back first downs with passes to Voight.
First and goal at the 6 after 15 yard pass to Campbell.
Rattay throws 3 yard TD pass to Dawson, we take the lead! 31-30, 1:21 left.
Too much time on the clock ...

Short kick by our clutch kicker. WSU takes it up to the 45. 1:14 left and all of their timeouts. Plus their kicker isnt' a douche bag.
Odom drops a pass on 1st down.
False start.
False start - I love our fans.
DT Jack Farmer with a sack, loss of one.
Gain of 13, but ineligible receiver downfield. Penalty declined, setting up 4th and 8 (not sure I agree with this given field position and clock) from their 47.
Incomplete! Incomplete!

Morris runs for 9 before going out of bound. Kid, stay in bounds next time.

And it is over. Very hard-fought come from behind win against an excellent team. We lost the turnover battle but kept making plays to gut this one out.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:40 PM   #332
hoopsguy
General Manager

We deserved to win this game. 24-13 edge in first downs. More than 100 more yards from scrimmage (508-393). We ran the ball much better than the Cougars. Just hard to overcome turnovers - glad we did this time.

John Rattay was awfully good. 25-33 for 362 yards. 2 TDs and 1 INT. He was also missing one WR via suspension and another with an injury. Didn't stop him from continuing to put pressure on the defense.

Nicolas Morris may have come of age today. 27 rushes for 154 yards and a TD. I'm still waiting for him to break a big run, but his effort today is what I've been hoping to see.

Big game for WR Mike Voight, who finished with 8 catches for 106 yards but was bigger than his numbers.

Senior WR Dan Campbell has been an afterthought the entire time I've coached this team, but he really came through today. 4 catches for 93 yards.

OG John Perryman - 2 sacks allowed, one holding, one false start. Back to the bench with this stiff.

OT Yale Givens had 4 pancakes.

DE Ronald Smith had 8 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 stuff and 1 hurry.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:47 PM   #333
hoopsguy
General Manager

There are only two undefeated teams remaining in the land. Here are the top 10:

1. USC 5-0 - their SOS of 8 is a joke. They haven't played anyone.
2. Oklahoma 6-1 - yep, they probably should be ranked here.
3. Michigan 5-2 - are you serious?????
4. Washington State 5-1 - hmm, I would like to think I would have moved ahead of them with a win.
5. Texas 6-1
6. Wisconsin 5-2 - another Big 10 team with two losses ahead of us.
7. UCLA - no problem with where we are ranked, just some of the teams ahead of us
8. Georgia - two losses
9. Minnesota - finally lost this week, 41-34 to Michigan State
10. Auburn - two losses, were punished by #8 Georgia

Other Notables:
13. Michigan State - one loss, 4-0 in Big 10, still behind 3 conference teams (all with conference losses) in the rankings.
16. Oregon
19. North Carolina - only undefeated team besides USC.
22. Arizona
24. Boston College - they are 1-4!!!!
Old 01-14-2006, 07:20 PM   #334
hoopsguy
General Manager

We are headed to Oregon listed as 11 point favorites. The Ducks lost some players from last year to graduation (and early departures) but have rebounded nicely. They are 5-1 and ranked #16.

HB Kenyatta Jones is a guy we respect. He has averaged just over 100 yards a game and has 6 TDs. He is backed up by FR Michael Blanda - a guy we wanted badly.

They have 2 WRs named Hicks - one is JR Earl Hicks who has 32 catches for 482 yards. The other is FR Rick Hicks. We looked hard at this guy last year and are not thrilled about playing against him. He has 29 catches for 405 yards. And their 3rd WR isn't bad either - future looks bright for them at this position. This offense would be scary if their QB had stuck around for one more year.

Defense - DT Jake Johnson is a tough player. He has started since day one and makes plays against both the run and the pass. DE Rob Farr has 6 sacks already. And MLB Charley Mack is a fourth-year starter who makes a ton of tackles, particularly in run support.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:58 PM   #335
hoopsguy
General Manager

DE Mark Dickerson records a sack on 2nd down.
But Oregon gets 10 on 3rd and 9 on a pass to 3rd WR Conklin.
QB Randall Lewis has come out throwing: 4-4 so far.
An offensive pass interference call pushes them back.
HB Kenyatta Jones gets 15 on 2nd and 19.
But the 3rd down pass is incomplete and they punt from our 40.
We'll have to start from our 4.

59 yard gain on a deep ball to Kai Olsen. Brought down at the 21.
Rattay finds FB LaShon Toomer for 15, down at the 2.
Nicolas Morris runs it in from there. 7-0, 9:05 left in the quarter.
7 play, 96 yard drive.

Jones again picks up 10+ on a carry - we are struggling with his speed so far.
14 yard run for Jones to our 35.
Another two first downs through the air, 1st and 10 at our 13.
TE Pat Nelson drops a TD pass on 3rd and 10. 31 yard field goal is good. 7-3, 3:59 left in the 1st.

Oregon is whistled for a 15 yard facemask penalty, we are across midfield with those yards.
Rattay finally throws an incompletion on his 6th attempt.
Morris runs for 14, hiding behind blockers.
And Gannon Dawson is knocked out of the game with a shoulder injury.
Rattay finds Martin alone in the end zone. 11 yard TD pass. 14-3, 0:31 left in the quarter.

Uh-oh, looks like a serious injury for DE Dickerson - patella is the word out of the locker room.
Oregon fumbles, but recovers it. They are near midfield.
Another fumble, this time after a big hit on a reception. DE Ronald Smith dives on it and we take over at our 44. Good hit by SS Taz Simms.

DE Rob Farr sacks Rattay.
OG Luis Jones takes away a one-handed grab by Voight. He seems to get a raw deal on this too often.
We punt on 4th and 26.

Oregon only gets 6 on 3rd and 9. Punt is a beauty, we are stuck at our 2.

Gain of 17 on a screen to Morris.
20 yard run for Morris - 10 carries for 68 yards so far today.
We had six, but the defense gets away with a blatant hold.
We have to punt, but leave Oregon on their 3.

We lose another DE to injury - not enough depth to handle this.
Oregon has to punt from their 30, but has to feel good going against our line (missing three players now) for the rest of this game.

Rattay is intercepted on a deep ball.

Oregon gets 12 through the air on 3rd and 10.
Another first down - 8 on a pass to the FB on 3rd and 4.
Putting together a nice drive in closing minutes of half.
The drive dies at the 24, thanks in part to a drop. 42 yard field goal is good. 14-6, 0:10 left in the half.

Halftime Notes:
Defense did the job, holding Ducks to only 6 points. But it never felt like we were in control of their offense.
We need the offense to continue to attack. With a shorthanded D-Line I think we'll probably need 28 to win this game.

20 yard gain on screen to Morris - that play is working well today.
11 yard run for Morris, who is making things happen this afternoon.
Rattay runs a draw on 3rd and 2, getting 7. Wow, unexpected play call.
3 runs inside the 10 leave us with 4th and goal at the 3. Ellis kicks a 21 yard field goal. 17-6, 9:18 left in the 3rd.

15 yard run for Jones - up to 82 on 15 carries now.
We force a fumble after a long pass play, but the Ducks recover. Ball at our 36 now.
Gain of 6 on 3rd and 10 from our 36. The 48 yard field goal attempt is short.

Morris goes over 100 yards on his 16th carry.
Voight makes another one handed grab. 25 yards on 3rd and 4 up to the Oregon 29.
Again Rattay goes to Voight on 3rd down and is rewarded as his receiver goes up high to pull down the pass and runs it in from 28 yards out. 24-6, 3:33 left in the 3rd.

Kenyatta Jones takes it upon himself to cut into our lead. Two carries - 13 and then 57 for a TD. 24-13, 2:22 left in the 3rd.

Ineligible WR takes away a 20+ yard gain.
Morris runs for 10, setting up a 3rd and 1 with the 5 bonus yards on facemask.
26 yards to Olsen - Rattay is really doing a good job right now.
29 yards to Martin - he is letting his WRs win one-on-one battles.
Rattay throws a screen to Morris - 1 yard TD pass. 31-13, 14:08 left in the game.

OLB Hank Swilling leaves with a foot injury. He is having a good season, hope this is not serious.
3 and out for Oregon.

Rattay continues to click on deep patterns. 26 to TE Fortunato.
Ellis is brought in to attempt a 50 yard field goal - wide left.

Jones gains 15 on 3rd and 10, squirting through a tiny hole. He now has 170 yards.
ILB Scott Wilson get an interception - we haven't picked off many passes this year, so nice to see one.

But Rattay throws an interception on the very next play - stupid ... lets run out the clock, guys.

Oregon gets 17 on a run by the fullback on 3rd and 13. Great work by their offensive line, who really should be abusing our guys more than they are.
WR Mike Voight blocks a 40 yard field goal attempt.

3 and out - we are just running clock here. Punt.
25 yard punt return sets them up at their 44.

TE Pat Nelson now has 6 grabs for 64 yards.
And Oregon gets a 7 yard TD on a screen to the 2nd TE. 31-20, 0:36 left to play.

Good win. Our defense has done a very good job in the 2nd half of games all year long.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:23 PM   #336
hoopsguy
General Manager

USC is just rude this year. They win 66-0 against a (formerly) 4-1 Arizona team.

QB John Rattay was better than his numbers, which did not stink. 22-34 for 353 yards, 3 TDs and 2 INTs.

HB Nicolas Morris showed up our former HB target Blanda by putting up 129 yards on 25 carries and a TD. He also had 4 catches for 50 yards and another TD. Good work, Nic.

Martin had 8 catches for 77 yards and a TD.

Kai Olsen was a deep threat, with 3 catches for 104 yards.

Our offensive line as a whole was good. OG Jones (replacing Perryman) still gave up a sack and had a hold, but all four of the other guys had positive games.

ILB Ben Arthur had his best game as a Bruin. 6 solos, 1 assist, and 2 stuffs.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:25 PM   #337
hoopsguy
General Manager

The next couple of posts include some team reports - forgot to list them at the start of the year.

Player Attributes
Links: | Attributes | Depth Chart | Off/Def Ratings | Overview | Roster | Special Teams Ratings | Stats |
Quarterbacks
#POSNAMEHTWTYRACCAGGRAGLINSJMPSPDSTRDISCDURENCURPOT
08QBDerrick Fazande6-5222(Jr)4240345839614393526689
07QBGreg Moorehead6-3210(Sr)4934663448354892712468
18QBJohn Rattay (S)6-1222So165234484726453364921116
03QBMel Rattay6-3202(So)5634555343775255733368
09QBNathan Short6-0189(Fr)55465951406035848672611
12QBWandy Truitt6-0207(Fr)4034334248364567694958
Running Backs
36RBQuentin Christian6-0197Sr6055564069563764703068
23RBGannon Dawson5-10196Jr803369633363307048861316
28RBDwayne Baker5-9202Sr6028645954504026413769
31RBNicolas Morris (S)6-0218Fr642282914066395665651319
24RBAdrian Sargent5-10183(Fr)4942584345542031434958
46FBLee Satterwhite6-0197Fr45583584525333565365612
48FBLeShon Toomer (S)6-1252Jr695155324744459950731114
26FBFred VanWagner6-2220So47464160325331745051712
Receivers
80WRWoodley Martin (S)6-2187Fr616470848480594256991419
86WRDan Campbell6-1182(Sr)5523603150524633859068
87WRKai Olsen5-11185(Fr)772563855867263393671117
89WRDerrick Palmer6-1201(Fr)785961547065489558591116
81WRKato Thelwell6-4182Fr764599436193459671991118
88WRMike Voight (S)6-5193(Jr)785776605059309979721216
85WRIke White6-3180Fr3331396245272823725614
82TEGene Fortunato (S)6-8243Jr575232582746532973741114
83TET.J. Thomas6-5269(Sr)56484855434444837846812
84TEKent Thompson6-2231Fr38675356455057488472914
20TEJeff Westbrook6-4235Sr3338545746294369851758
Offensive Lineman
76OTJ.W. Hunter6-5317(Fr)45635179193846573996814
70OTMichael Masters6-7311(Fr)1651285622324391516346
75OTRoell English6-5305(Jr)298032834214575977601114
73OTLonie Smith6-4312Sr194544663726638141841214
65OTYale Givens (S)6-7294Sr276340823821513981631316
72OTSteve Whiting (S)6-0318Sr217650354127639967861314
60OGLuis Jones (S)6-5283Sr465829502928523439741012
67OGJames McAddley (S)6-1314Jr274941443532724672661216
71OGJohn Perryman6-3306So398646843131624287961116
79OGPhil Dach6-5289(Jr)1056425932124480839868
66OGRon Tillman6-5275So36513958244249528175711
74OGErnie Fiss6-7323(Fr)26524957163362818362714
57CGreg Knight6-3299Jr37492954381562265398811
64CNick Moore (S)6-5301Sr205248624225579954581316
62CDoug Smith6-5288Fr2239223645383496584315
Defensive Lineman
93DEYo Hampton6-3247Fr5145364741253266745325
94DEPhil Patten6-7267Jr33394434374959324037912
98DERonald Smith (S)6-4275Sr444469415350703568631415
95DERandy Gajan6-7255(Sr)4338414454432788481357
99DEMark Dickerson (S)6-5294So45384482434455654898812
77DTTodd Stradford6-1262So1936415146244042793826
91DTWayne Martin6-7272Fr3228216642323765501413
96DTJared Burford6-8306Jr317746554747528144991215
97DTJack Farmer (S)6-3290Jr296443434332564657731215
90DTChuck Wayne (S)6-2273(Sr)1629324142233637501337
Linebackers
51ILBBen Arthur (S)5-11229Sr38543946264236406068911
54ILBBryant Bruschi6-2249(Sr)316245525750515656991013
41ILBLeon Jacoby6-0245Fr60475689434454556684814
53ILBLee Brown5-11227Fr50614753554248995497713
50ILBScott Wilson (S)6-2240(Sr)484750772762428755821115
52OLBHank Swilling (S)6-0224Sr564968697167489247731214
45OLBEric Lindsay5-10211(Fr)35543666485735698660510
59OLBFred Mitchell6-1250(Jr)35513680483634918383912
55OLBAdrian Kyle6-1255Sr444843553342513677811113
49OLBBen Greisen6-2235So5151345549423799802048
40OLBTravis Wilcox (S)6-0246Sr565247365849489249721215
Defensive Backs
21CBJ.R. Jackson (S)5-11193Jr484762724767396995611115
25CBCurry Thompson6-2184Fr44386878437749376575916
33CBPatrick Harrison5-9192(Fr)60336860434941445761916
32CBFreddie Walker5-9184Sr5245645633423944571278
39CBRulon Bowens (S)6-1194Jr644957693260429556801114
34CBJon Steed5-9193(Jr)7341536467574528496769
35CBPeerless Flutie5-11190(Sr)7049654661475396844389
47CBElijah McAllister6-3185Jr595464678780476065531216
22FSJerry Brock6-2197Jr52654654394445845599914
37FSKeith Thomas (S)6-0173Jr485762713853428739741114
30FSReyna Craig5-11177Fr5354475456342959522638
43FSBarron Starr6-0175Fr51525980516333794293813
38SSSammy Filipovic5-9181Fr45284234413536295531310
29SSTaz Simms (S)6-1196Jr584489695059685682661314
Special teams
14KMarion Johnson6-4173So4528356728153439712246
19KEric Ellis (S)6-2185So20171766371738625988910
06PAl Bingaman (S)6-3197So383119702131289478581114
05POllie Smith6-2194Sr3526293731192646937133
Old 01-14-2006, 08:25 PM   #338
hoopsguy
General Manager

Off/Def Ratings
Links: | Attributes | Depth Chart | Off/Def Ratings | Overview | Roster | Special Teams Ratings | Stats |
Quarterbacks
#POSNAMEHTWTYRASPAPTRUNHNDRRRBPBPRPOATAKCOVCURPOT
08QBDerrick Fazande6-5222(Jr)5658536855571211271189
07QBGreg Moorehead6-3210(Sr)515151323621039114368
18QBJohn Rattay (S)6-1222So818587304781237410141116
03QBMel Rattay6-3202(So)3549416935734962468
09QBNathan Short6-0189(Fr)5849605935311947124611
12QBWandy Truitt6-0207(Fr)50545556264764751258
Running Backs
36RBQuentin Christian6-0197Sr6654534543531010126268
23RBGannon Dawson5-10196Jr871190729247261871316
28RBDwayne Baker5-9202Sr548846514249810510669
31RBNicolas Morris (S)6-0218Fr241807477453951251319
24RBAdrian Sargent5-10183(Fr)88852513242653111058
46FBLee Satterwhite6-0197Fr814566243612712513612
48FBLeShon Toomer (S)6-1252Jr81267572857171237141114
26FBFred VanWagner6-2220So31075466666546515712
Receivers
80WRWoodley Martin (S)6-2187Fr4531041788828461151419
86WRDan Campbell6-1182(Sr)6585535358561057668
87WRKai Olsen5-11185(Fr)568647727829813341117
89WRDerrick Palmer6-1201(Fr)51092869833614111116
81WRKato Thelwell6-4182Fr729518747311389661118
88WRMike Voight (S)6-5193(Jr)112234788012367111216
85WRIke White6-3180Fr121352133451056134614
82TEGene Fortunato (S)6-8243Jr106447845973838311111114
83TET.J. Thomas6-5269(Sr)13106406152585381285812
84TEKent Thompson6-2231Fr128104482546770101115914
20TEJeff Westbrook6-4235Sr179404648494825101458
Offensive Lineman
76OTJ.W. Hunter6-5317(Fr)5238413646451266814
70OTMichael Masters6-7311(Fr)1481054355443194746
75OTRoell English6-5305(Jr)76712494687311121051114
73OTLonie Smith6-4312Sr6123161780809510101214
65OTYale Givens (S)6-7294Sr6124456128091161111316
72OTSteve Whiting (S)6-0318Sr39864748180117741314
60OGLuis Jones (S)6-5283Sr68654057569741491012
67OGJames McAddley (S)6-1314Jr2656693949123811216
71OGJohn Perryman6-3306So12451473817262421116
79OGPhil Dach6-5289(Jr)481324465352463568
66OGRon Tillman6-5275So103128447595911132711
74OGErnie Fiss6-7323(Fr)91055462566346410714
57CGreg Knight6-3299Jr61057475696641194811
64CNick Moore (S)6-5301Sr95713558928587281316
62CDoug Smith6-5288Fr679138544476681015
Defensive Lineman
93DEYo Hampton6-3247Fr7932422574636383625
94DEPhil Patten6-7267Jr659161781075776442912
98DERonald Smith (S)6-4275Sr6612845566899095431415
95DERandy Gajan6-7255(Sr)151013404855361504457
99DEMark Dickerson (S)6-5294So657104564768666160812
77DTTodd Stradford6-1262So512210392114465445326
91DTWayne Martin6-7272Fr141071140339403332813
96DTJared Burford6-8306Jr731468531475968741215
97DTJack Farmer (S)6-3290Jr35495057185857741215
90DTChuck Wayne (S)6-2273(Sr)6647461122515552437
Linebackers
51ILBBen Arthur (S)5-11229Sr417446914269796875911
54ILBBryant Bruschi6-2249(Sr)6116145110314697670691013
41ILBLeon Jacoby6-0245Fr56553834163556858814
53ILBLee Brown5-11227Fr7531046107957577161713
50ILBScott Wilson (S)6-2240(Sr)7810667687997778801115
52OLBHank Swilling (S)6-0224Sr35712481567776173811214
45OLBEric Lindsay5-10211(Fr)8121473633546665457510
59OLBFred Mitchell6-1250(Jr)7895451310362747665912
55OLBAdrian Kyle6-1255Sr12133629101806888751113
49OLBBen Greisen6-2235So91674481565252495048
40OLBTravis Wilcox (S)6-0246Sr1171056621210937685831215
Defensive Backs
21CBJ.R. Jackson (S)5-11193Jr5465673984271901115
25CBCurry Thompson6-2184Fr3125559111071387871916
33CBPatrick Harrison5-9192(Fr)1561053126610137286916
32CBFreddie Walker5-9184Sr4562535155107496378
39CBRulon Bowens (S)6-1194Jr964107212679967781114
34CBJon Steed5-9193(Jr)92139387131371434469
35CBPeerless Flutie5-11190(Sr)1569635586810525789
47CBElijah McAllister6-3185Jr661265414135473911216
22FSJerry Brock6-2197Jr611586059111107772914
37FSKeith Thomas (S)6-0173Jr132975167313473681114
30FSReyna Craig5-11177Fr149313331110695424038
43FSBarron Starr6-0175Fr101315469111466358813
38SSSammy Filipovic5-9181Fr31438405264115255310
29SSTaz Simms (S)6-1196Jr312925158131277721314
Special teams
14KMarion Johnson6-4173So261033613119451146
19KEric Ellis (S)6-2185So855831725858910
06PAl Bingaman (S)6-3197So6369131321313911114
05POllie Smith6-2194Sr69691251013975233
Old 01-14-2006, 08:26 PM   #339
hoopsguy
General Manager

Team Roster
Quarterbacks
#POSNAMEHTWTYRGPAWEINTSTATUSHigh SchoolOVRPOT
08QBDerrick Fazande6-5222(Jr)3.638476OKLiberty (Brentwood, CA)89
07QBGreg Moorehead6-3210(Sr)2.746158OKMcClymonds (Oakland, CA)68
18QBJohn Rattay (S)6-1222So2.477754OKEvergreen (Vancouver, WA)1116
03QBMel Rattay6-3202(So)3.077856OKPearl (Pearl, MS)68
09QBNathan Short6-0189(Fr)2.806062RedshirtSanta Fe (Alachua, FL)611
12QBWandy Truitt6-0207(Fr)1.937345RedshirtSt. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA)58
Running Backs
36RBQuentin Christian6-0197Sr3.759677OKUniversity City (San Diego, CA)68
23RBGannon Dawson5-10196Jr2.794469P (2-4 wks)Diamond Bar (Diamond Bar, CA)1316
28RBDwayne Baker5-9202Sr3.068456OKRio Americano (Sacramento, CA)69
31RBNicolas Morris (S)6-0218Fr3.508564OKApache Junction (Apache Junction, AZ)1319
24RBAdrian Sargent5-10183(Fr)2.839643OKMontgomery County (KY)58
46FBLee Satterwhite6-0197Fr3.634576OKGranite Hills (El Cajon, CA)612
48FBLeShon Toomer (S)6-1252Jr2.269344OKCosta Mesa (Costa Mesa, CA)1114
26FBFred VanWagner6-2220So1.865640SuspendedGrace Davis (Modesto, CA)712
Receivers
80WRWoodley Martin (S)6-2187Fr3.309764OKJunipero Serra (San Mateo, CA)1419
86WRDan Campbell6-1182(Sr)3.179155OKArmy-Navy Academy (Carlsbad, CA)68
87WRKai Olsen5-11185(Fr)2.104358OKFoothill (Bakersfield, CA)1117
89WRDerrick Palmer6-1201(Fr)3.498757RedshirtSan Jose (San Jose, CA)1116
81WRKato Thelwell6-4182Fr1.995645SuspendedEl Modena (Orange, CA)1118
88WRMike Voight (S)6-5193(Jr)3.949959OKDorsey (Los Angeles, CA)1216
85WRIke White6-3180Fr3.768391OKMadera (Madera, CA)14
82TEGene Fortunato (S)6-8243Jr3.187265OKSilverado (Las Vegas, NV)1114
83TET.J. Thomas6-5269(Sr)3.528078OKMcClymonds (Oakland, CA)812
84TEKent Thompson6-2231Fr3.378478OKUnion (Union, OR)914
20TEJeff Westbrook6-4235Sr3.516671OKTwenty-Nine Palms (CA)58
Offensive Lineman
76OTJ.W. Hunter6-5317(Fr)3.839958RedshirtCamp Verde (Camp Verde, AZ)814
70OTMichael Masters6-7311(Fr)2.039037OKPorterville (Porterville, CA)46
75OTRoell English6-5305(Jr)3.435578OKMorningside (Inglewood, CA)1114
73OTLonie Smith6-4312Sr3.555178OKSunnyside (Sunnyside, WA)1214
65OTYale Givens (S)6-7294Sr2.987257OKSantiago (Corona, CA)1316
72OTSteve Whiting (S)6-0318Sr3.307159OKOakland (Oakland, CA)1314
60OGLuis Jones (S)6-5283Sr3.739973OKGrove City (Grove City, OH)1012
67OGJames McAddley (S)6-1314Jr1.954457OKTaft (Woodland Hills, CA)1216
71OGJohn Perryman6-3306So2.525655OKCentral Valley (Shasta Lake, CA)1116
79OGPhil Dach6-5289(Jr)2.826760OKFoothill (Santa Ana, CA)68
66OGRon Tillman6-5275So3.057256OKVernon Kilpatrick (Malibu, CA)711
74OGErnie Fiss6-7323(Fr)3.778964RedshirtTemecula Valley (Temecula, CA)714
57CGreg Knight6-3299Jr3.535768OKLucerne Valley (Lucerne Valley, CA)811
64CNick Moore (S)6-5301Sr3.537699OKGreen Valley (Henderson, NV)1316
62CDoug Smith6-5288Fr3.489767OKYgnacio Valley (Concord, CA)15
Defensive Lineman
93DEYo Hampton6-3247Fr3.469362OKSacramento (Sacramento, CA)25
94DEPhil Patten6-7267Jr2.016152Q (1-3 wks)Warren Mott (Warren, MI)912
98DERonald Smith (S)6-4275Sr2.627158OKGuernsey-Sunrise (Guernsy, WY)1415
95DERandy Gajan6-7255(Sr)3.239954OKRancho Verde (Moreno Valley, CA)57
99DEMark Dickerson (S)6-5294So3.768677D (0-2 wks)Pioneer (Woodland, CA)812
77DTTodd Stradford6-1262So2.705159OKHesperia (Hesperia, CA)26
91DTWayne Martin6-7272Fr3.627280OKEl Cerrito (El Cerrito, CA)13
96DTJared Burford6-8306Jr2.888554Q (4-6 wks)R.S. Ayala (Chino Hills, CA)1215
97DTJack Farmer (S)6-3290Jr3.299951OKWestlake (Westlake Village, CA)1215
90DTChuck Wayne (S)6-2273(Sr)2.686862OKLaney (Augusta, GA)37
Linebackers
51ILBBen Arthur (S)5-11229Sr2.807757OKKearns (Kearns, UT)911
54ILBBryant Bruschi6-2249(Sr)2.858157P (0-2 wks)Benedictine (Detroit, MI)1013
41ILBLeon Jacoby6-0245Fr3.534583OKOverfelt (San Jose, CA)814
53ILBLee Brown5-11227Fr2.555061OKShelley (Shelley, ID)713
50ILBScott Wilson (S)6-2240(Sr)1.972449OKNewport (Newpoer, WA)1115
52OLBHank Swilling (S)6-0224Sr3.996271P (1-3 wks)A.G. West Black (Olympia, WA)1214
45OLBEric Lindsay5-10211(Fr)2.218351RedshirtNorth Hollywood (North Hollywood, CA)510
59OLBFred Mitchell6-1250(Jr)3.488158OKHanford (Hanford, CA)912
55OLBAdrian Kyle6-1255Sr2.859248OKMonterey (Monterey, CA)1113
49OLBBen Greisen6-2235So3.028361OKDixon (Dixon, CA)48
40OLBTravis Wilcox (S)6-0246Sr2.804969P (0-2 wks)La Salle (Pasadena, CA)1215
Defensive Backs
21CBJ.R. Jackson (S)5-11193Jr1.944356OKMission Viejo (Mission Viejo, CA)1115
25CBCurry Thompson6-2184Fr1.913938OKBishop Quinn (Palo Cedro, CA)916
33CBPatrick Harrison5-9192(Fr)3.148062RedshirtCalexico (Calexico, CA)916
32CBFreddie Walker5-9184Sr3.336960OKInglewood (Inglewood, CA)78
39CBRulon Bowens (S)6-1194Jr3.518268OKCampbell Hall (North Hollywood, CA)1114
34CBJon Steed5-9193(Jr)3.424972OKWalnut (Walnut, CA)69
35CBPeerless Flutie5-11190(Sr)2.889647OKSierra Christian (Rocklin, CA)89
47CBElijah McAllister6-3185Jr1.913155SuspendedDorsey (Los Angeles, CA)1216
22FSJerry Brock6-2197Jr3.774487O (7-9 wks)Saugus (Saugus, CA)914
37FSKeith Thomas (S)6-0173Jr3.798881OKCascade (Cascade, ID)1114
30FSReyna Craig5-11177Fr2.726557OKStone Ridge Christian (Merced, CA)38
43FSBarron Starr6-0175Fr3.947989OKCascade (Everett, WA)813
38SSSammy Filipovic5-9181Fr1.815346SuspendedUnion County (Blairsville, GA)310
29SSTaz Simms (S)6-1196Jr2.888654OKLaConner (LaConner, WA)1314
Special teams
14KMarion Johnson6-4173So3.519668OKTomales (Tomales, CA)46
19KEric Ellis (S)6-2185So3.869560OKWest (Salt Lake City, UT)910
06PAl Bingaman (S)6-3197So3.309981OKAmerican Fork (American Fork, UT)1114
05POllie Smith6-2194Sr3.757669OKJohansen (Modesto, CA)33
Old 01-14-2006, 08:26 PM   #340
hoopsguy
General Manager

Player Stats
2013 Passing Stats
#POSNAMEGATTCMPCMP%YDSYDS/ATTTDINTLGGPBPSACKRATING
QB
John Rattay
63.2%

2013 Rushing Stats
#POSNAMEGRUSHYDSYPGYPCTDLGCRMHFUMFLOST
RB
Nicolas Morris
RB
Gannon Dawson
FB
LeShon Toomer
WR
Woodley Martin
WR
Kai Olsen
QB
John Rattay
RB
Dwayne Baker
WR
Kato Thelwell
QB
Derrick Fazande

2013 Receiving Stats
#POSNAMEGATTRECYDSYPGYPCYACTDLGGCDPDP%IR
WR
Woodley Martin
WR
Mike Voight
WR
Kai Olsen
RB
Nicolas Morris
WR
Kato Thelwell
TE
Gene Fortunato
WR
Dan Campbell
RB
Gannon Dawson
FB
LeShon Toomer

2013 Offensive Line Stats
#POSNAMEGRBPNKSAHOLDFALSEMISSBL
C
Nick Moore
OG
James McAddley
OT
Steve Whiting
OT
Yale Givens
OG
John Perryman
FB
LeShon Toomer
OT
Lonie Smith
TE
Gene Fortunato
OG
Luis Jones

2013 Kicking Stats
#POSNAMEGXPFG 1-29FG 30-39FG 40-49FG 50+FG%LONGPOINTS
K
Eric Ellis
25-25
4-5
2-2
2-4
0-1
66.7%%

2013 Punting Stats
#POSNAMEGPUNTSAVGNETTBIN20LONG
P
Al Bingaman
K
Eric Ellis

2013 Kick Return Stats
#POSNAMEGRETYDSAVGLONGTD
CB
J.R. Jackson
RB
Nicolas Morris
RB
Quentin Christian

2013 Punt Return Stats
#POSNAMEGRETYDSAVGLONGTD
CB
J.R. Jackson

2013 Defensive Stats
#POSNAMEGTAKSOLOASTSACKSTFHURDPPDINTDEF TDMISSTAKOOPBPA
SS
Taz Simms
OLB
Travis Wilcox
OLB
Hank Swilling
CB
J.R. Jackson
DE
Ronald Smith
ILB
Scott Wilson
FS
Keith Thomas
ILB
Ben Arthur
DT
Jared Burford
CB
Rulon Bowens
DE
Mark Dickerson
ILB
Bryant Bruschi
CB
Curry Thompson
CB
Elijah McAllister
DT
Jack Farmer
FS
Barron Starr
FS
Jerry Brock
DE
Phil Patten
OLB
Adrian Kyle
OT
Steve Whiting
FB
Lee Satterwhite
CB
Peerless Flutie
OT
Roell English
DE
Randy Gajan
DT
Wayne Martin
Old 01-14-2006, 08:31 PM   #341
hoopsguy
General Manager

CB Elijah McAllister is a certified retard. He is again suspended. So is WR Kato Thelwell. No new suspensions.

Our defense has all kinds of injuries. The ones to the D-linemen mean they will miss the Rutgers game. The ones to our linebackers can be played through.

We just need to take care of our business against Rutgers and get some guys healthy if possible.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:35 PM   #342
hoopsguy
General Manager

We are 27 point favorites at home against Rutgers. With good health I think that is a gettable number - currently it may be a little bit to ask.

The best player on Rutgers is SO QB Charlie Bush. He has 16 TDs and a QB rating of just over 140. LG Mike Coles has 13 pancakes - pretty solid.

They have a pair of LBs with 59 tackles. A nosetackle has 3 sacks. But there isn't much scary about this team.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:36 PM   #343
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is the player card for Nicolas Morris:

Nicolas Morris, Running Back
UCLA
Current/Potential
RUSH Y
YPC
LNG
REC Y
TD
13/19
California-LA Brown Bears
Attributes
Morale:
Content
Height:
6-0
Weight:
Ideal Wt:
Jersey:
Year:
Fr
OK
Energy:
HS Ranking:
Pos Ranking:
#3 RB
Position Ratings
Running:
Hands:
Route Running:
Run Block:
Punt Return:
Kick Return:
Durability:
Endurance:
Adaptability:
Athletic Ratings
Arm Strength:
Acceleration:
Agility:
Speed:
Strength:
Jumping:
Instincts:
Aggressiveness:
Discipline:
Intelligence:
Work Ethic:
Personal Bests
Rushes:

Rushing yards:

Longest run:

Receiving yards:

Touchdowns:

Game Logs
WeekOppResRushYdsYPCYPGLngTDCRMHFLostRecYdsYPCTD
1MINNL24893.710150110222110
2@WYOW23954.1301230003237.70
4@WASHW261094.1901412003196.30
6@STANW211004.7602411206599.81
7WASTW271545.70221200224121
8@OREW251295.16020110045012.51
Total--1466764.63112.7247730201979.83
Rushing Statistics
YearGPGSRushYdsYPGYPCLngTDCRMHFumFLost
201366146676112.74.62477310---
Total66146676112.74.62477310---
Receiving Statistics
YearGPGSAttRecYdsYPGYPCYACLngTDGCDrpDrp%IR
201366242019732.89.8102213100.00-
Total66242019732.89.8102213100.00-
Returning Statistics
YearGPGSKRetYdsAvgLngTDPRetYdsAvgLngTDFC
20136638127.0390000.0000--
Total6638127.0390000.0000--
Scouting Report
Potential
As he continues to learn the game, his ability to run outside the tackles could really make him stand out. Once he harnesses his skills, his speed will make him an exciting player. As he learns his responsibilites, he should be adept at protecting the quarterback. As his running style continues to develop, his body type will make him difficult to bring down.
Player Awards
Old 01-14-2006, 09:28 PM   #344
hoopsguy
General Manager

We have a sell-out crowd for the Rutgers game. It appears our fans are starting to buy into this team.

OLB Travis Wilcox leaves the game with an injury - we don't need injuries like this.
DE Randy Gajan is getting some rare playing time and forces a fumble. We recover, start near the 50.

Screen pass to Morris for 15.
Rattay is picked off - he is throwing a few too many of these lately.

Rutgers fumbles again, this time forced by CB Thompson. We start just shy of the 50.

Rattay completes a pair of passes, down to the 12. The big one was a 30 yarder to Dan Campbell.
Morris runs it to the 1.
And Morris runs it in. 7-0, 9:06 left in the quarter.

Short kickoff, Rutgers takes it back to the 46.
3 and out. Punt.

Not much on offense - a couple of incomplete passes and a punt.

DE Randy Gajan sustains a neck injury - another guy on the line out. We are going to start pulling people from the stands.
Rutgers can't take advantage of this and they punt.

OT Steve Whiting makes a terrific block and Morris gains 15.
Morris gets his 2nd TD of the day on a 3 yard plunge. 14-0 at the end of one quarter.

DE Yo Hampton makes a play - the only reason I didn't cut him before the start of the year was that I was worried about grades and number of bodies on the line.

3 and out for our offense.
We pin Rutgers at the 7.

Rutgers gets a 50 yard completion, down to our 32. That is almost as many yards as they had in the first 20 minutes.
The Scarlet Knights are moving the chains on 3rd down - 12 on 3rd and 8, down inside the 10.
And RB Strom punches it in from the 1. 14 play, 93 yard drive. 14-7, 6:29 left in the half.

Morris runs for 24 to start the next drive.
26 more yards for Morris, he now has 13 carries for 109 yards.
Rattay finds Olsen for 22 yards on 3rd and 5, down at the 6.
A TD pass is called back due to holding.
Defensive holding gives us a first down at the 8.
4th and goal at the 2 - Ellis is in and makes the 20 yard field goal. 17-7, 1:36 left in the half.

Ellis pushes the kick out of bounds. They start at the 40.
31 yard gain to TE Hunter. QB Charlie Bush is now 13-19 for 143 yards.
DT Jack Farmer gets a sack on 3rd down. A 45 yard field goal is good. 17-10, 0:33 left in half.

J.R. Jackson returns the kick to our 44.
But we are not able to get into field goal range.

Halftime Notes:
We really should not let these guys hang around.
No turnover forced. A TD off the board on a penalty. We give them a short field at end of half. Just not playing very well even if the stats don't look miserable.
We should force 2 turnovers in the 2nd half if our D has any self-respect.

Jackson takes the kick out to the 46.
A roughing the passer penalty moves us up to the 39.
Gain of 15 to Martin, into the red zone.
4th and 1 at the 4. Ellis is brought in for the kick. 22 yarder is good. 20-10, 10:58 left in the 3rd.

42 yard gain on a pass to RB Strom. Ball at our 28.
QB Charlie Bush is outplaying the more heralded John Rattay.
The drive stalls at our 18. But the 36 yard field goal is good. Once again a one-score game. 20-13, 7:50 left in the 3rd.

Rattay hits Martin on a rollout, 31 yard play on 3rd and 13.
Ellis attempts a 51 yarder - I knew that one had no chance.

Rutgers gets 7 on 3rd and 12. Punt.

Rattay is intercepted again, on a deflection this time. Rutgers ball at their 49.

3 and out. Nice work by the defensive unit. Punt.

Morris runs for 18, he is over 150 on the day.
Then he erupts for a 67 yard TD run. 27-13 after 3 quarters.
25 carries for 219 yards and 3 TDs - pretty good game.

We recover a fumbled kickoff, start at the Rutgers 15.
1 play drive - Rattay to Voight. 34-13, 14:19 left in the game.

Fumbled kickoff again. We are at the 9 this time.
Rattay to Woodley Martin for 6 yards and a TD. 41-13, 12:42 left in the game.

Ellis messes up and kicks one into the end zone for a touchback.

FS Keith Thomas intercepts a pass. Offense has to go 23 yards this time.
28 after a false start.
Ellis kicks a 36 yard field goal. 44-13, 10:16 left in the game.

Rutgers fumbles again, but they fall on it this time.
The drive dies at the 47. Punt.
We start at our 9.

No first down, we punt from deep in our territory. But three runs take time off the clock.

Rutgers goes 3 and out. Tick-tock.

We punt. Rutgers takes over at their 47.

They punt on 4th and 1. Baffling.

The game ends, mercifully.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:37 PM   #345
hoopsguy
General Manager

Notre Dame wins 37-34 at home against USC to hand them their first loss of the year and shows the nation that those guys are not invincible.

Rattay wasn't very good: 19-32 for 238 yards with a pair of TDs and picks.

Nicolas Morris was pretty damn good. 32 carries for 225 yards and 3 TDs.

We played a blah game - 2nd time this year our kick return team has given us a big lift.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:44 PM   #346
hoopsguy
General Manager

And an error wipes out the results - I'm going to play again until ND beats USC. Hope it doesn't take too long ...

I'm bummed to lose the monster game for Morris. His first big run, first 200 yard game - sucks when the game crashes.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:47 PM   #347
hoopsguy
General Manager

ND beats USC on my first try at replaying results. By 2 TDs this time.

This time we beat Rutgers 51-13 with Morris only having 123 yards and 2 TDs.

Top Ten (and others):
1. Oklahoma
2. Texas
3. Michigan - crap that a 2 loss team is ahead of us
4. Washington State - even more than having a team we beat ahead of us
5. USC - or having these guys ahead of us
6. UCLA
7. Wisconsin - one of their 2 losses was to a non-Top25 team
8. Auburn
9. Georgia
10. Minnesota

Others:
14. North Carolina - last undefeated team
16. Notre Dame - does not move up in rankings after beating #1 team in land by 2 TDs
19. Arizona
20. Oregon
24. Vanderbilt - wow, first time I think that I've seen them in Top 25.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:00 PM   #348
hoopsguy
General Manager

We are listed as 13 point favorites at home against #19 Arizona.

In other news, #4 Washington State is a 9 point dog at home against #5 USC. The Trojans still have the #1 ranked offense and #1 ranked defense. If WSU loses that game they probably cannot repeat as conference champs.

Time flies - Floyd Tonnemaker is now a junior and he has not revolutionized college football. He is just a very productive RB; he already has 1004 yards on the year for his 3rd straight time reaching that plateau.

Arizona has a pair of freshmen QBs who look like they will be good ones - perhaps they will help convince Floyd to stay for one more year? Marty Mathis is the starter and he has completed 53% of his passes for 1638 yards and a 137.2 rating. 11-9 TD/INT ratio.

The receivers are nothing special, but the left side of the offensive line is pretty solid. LG Darrell Dixon has 13 key run blocks and Maurice Samuels is approaching double figures for both key run blocks and pancakes.

The defense is not scary. A pair of linebackers, Cedric Scales and Bob Meyer, each have around 50 tackles.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:51 PM   #349
hoopsguy
General Manager

The Arizona game is a sellout. Nice.

Tonnemaker picks up 12 on his first carry.
4th and 2 at the 47. Arizona goes for it and gets 3 through the air.
QB Brian Thomas completes his first 4 passes.
But they punt on 4th and 1 from our 35.

Morris picks up 9 on the ground on 3rd and 7.
Another 3rd down pickup for Morris.
We botch a handoff on 3rd and 1 at the 17.
Ellis kicks a 35 yard field goal. 3-0, 6:41 left in the quarter.

DE Randy Gajan leaves the game with an elbow injury.
3 and out for the Wildcat offense.
DT Chuck Wayne sustains an injury.

C Nick Moore is out for the game with an elbow injury.

Arizona has a false start on 3rd and 1, then fails to pick up the 3rd down. Punt.

31 yard pass play to Martin as the CB went for the pick.
Morris takes a pass down to the 3 yard line.
3 yard TD pass to Voight. 10-0, 0:12 left in the 1st quarter.

Huge kick return for Arizona, down to our 16.
Tonnemaker picks up 13.
The QB throws a TD, picking up the remaining 3 yards. Extra point is missed! 10-6, 14:23 left in the half.

16 yard run for Morris. He now has 67 yards on 13 carries.
Rattay is sacked on 1st down.
A holding call goes against our backup center.
14 yard pass to Martin sets up 3rd and 14 at the 44.
8 yard pass - we punt from their 36.
Arizona will start at their 5.

Taz Simms gets a sack while stuffing an option play.
3 and out for Arizona - we should have good field position.
And we start at our 45.

15 yard pass to Olsen.
22 more yards to Olsen, down to the 16.
3 straight incompletions at that point. Ellis misses a 34 yard field goal. I hate him.

Arizona gets 21 on 3rd and 10 - up to midfield.
CB J.R. Jackson makes a great interception. We start at our own 39.

3rd and 10 - 14 yard pass from Rattay to Voight.
An illegal motion penalty wipes out a 35 yard TD pass.
37 yard TD pass to TE Gene Fortunato! 17-6, 1:01 left in the half.

Arizona is not able to make anything happen in that final minute.

Halftime Notes:
- We are playing pretty good football, but allowing the Wildcats to hang around. Only TD was because of bad kickoff coverage. We missed a field goal. We had a TD called back (ended up getting it anyways). Just not quite the execution we want.
- Tonnemaker only has 42 yards on 7 carries.
- Arizona is only 1-7 on 3rd down.

WR Martin leaves the game with a sternum injury.
35 yards from Rattay to Voight, down to the 19.
The drive dies inside the 10. Sack on 3rd down. 32 yard field goal is good. 20-6, 9:55 left in the 3rd.

3 and out, no touches for Tonnemaker.

11 yards to Olsen on 3rd and 10.
We punt from their 46.

Tonnemaker sees the ball more on this drive. He picks up first downs both via run and reception.
6 yards for Floyd on 3rd and 2.
We lose FS Barron Starr to a finger injury.
4th and 4 from the 25. 43 yard field goal. 20-9, 1:24 left in the 3rd.

We take over on the 48 after a return + face mask.
24 yard TD pass to Voight, who breaks free of coverage with a double move. 27-9, 0:21 left in 3rd.
Rattay now has 310 yards passing.

45 yard pass play, Thomas to Martin. Ball spotted at our 21.
20 yard TD pass to Leigh. 27-16 with 12:48 remaining.

Bad kickoff goes out of bounds. We'll have the ball at the 40.
12 yard pass to Olsen.
RB Morris picks up 11. Then 6 on next carry - he is up to 99 yards.
Rattay is sacked, knocking us out of field goal range.
We pin them at the 3.

The Arizona QB is really beating our secondary badly now. He hit a pair of 20+ passes to drive them past midfield.
4th and 6 at our 39 - they punt with 8:22 remaining.
We are pinned at our 4 yard line.

Morris runs for 3 on 3rd and 2.
Pass play on 3rd and 1 - and Dan Campbell is open for a 22 yard gain.
Good time-consuming drive. Morris has another first down on 12 yard run.
Rattay is intercepted by FS Mike Hall, who returns it for 6! A two-point conversion makes the score 27-24 with 3:04 left.

Jackson returns the kick out to the 48.
Play calling is very conservative - 3 straight runs are stuffed.
The punt puts Arizona at the 16 with 1:36 to play and all their timeouts.

Incomplete.
Sack by Wilson for -3 yards.
19 yard completion to WR Stewart.
8 yards to WR Pierce Stewart.
21 yard pass to TE Joshua Lloyd.
Incomplete. Now 2nd and 10 at the 39 with 0:38 remaining.
J.R. Jackson picks off a deep pass!!!

That was a win that got too close at the end ...
Old 01-14-2006, 11:25 PM   #350
hoopsguy
General Manager

29 first downs - offense was pretty good today.

We had 100 more yards than Arizona.

We won despite giving up an interception return and a monster kick return to set up a 2nd TD.

John Rattay was 26-40 for 362 yards with 3 TDs and 1 INT that almost bit us hard.

HB Nicolas Morris continued his streak of 100 yard games (6) with 123 yards on 33 carries.

We held Tonnemaker to 64 yards on the ground (13 carries) and 72 total yards. Every year it seems we do a better job with him ...

Mike Voight had 7 catches for 104 yards and 2 TDs.

Kai Olsen had 8 catches (thrown to 9 times, great %) for 92 yards.

TE Gene Fortunato had perhaps his best game of his career. 4 catches for 59 yards and a TD.

OT Yale Givens had four pancakes.

OG Luis Jones gave up 2 sacks - I hate that position.

Taz Simms had 8 solos and 3 assists, along with a sack.

CB J.R. Jackson had 2 interceptions, including the one to close out the game.