Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #5001
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I've read a great book called Kiss, Bow, or Shake Hands which describes customs for many different countries. It's designed for people who are traveling from the USA into another country, but I think it can be used here, too. If I remember correctly, in Tajikistan, if you have a guest, it is customary for the host to give the guest a handjob whenever the guest sneezes. If you refuse to give the handjob, the guest gets possession of your home, your family, and any gardens you have planted within the past three rainy seasons. He also gets to kill you. So you might want to prepare yourself for that.

Edit: Sorry, I might have been thinking of Azerbaijan.

Classic. This thread, is now complete.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #5002
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Have a screening of Borat?

Quote:
I've read a great book called Kiss, Bow, or Shake Hands which describes customs for many different countries. It's designed for people who are traveling from the USA into another country, but I think it can be used here, too. If I remember correctly, in Tajikistan, if you have a guest, it is customary for the host to give the guest a handjob whenever the guest sneezes. If you refuse to give the handjob, the guest gets possession of your home, your family, and any gardens you have planted within the past three rainy seasons. He also gets to kill you. So you might want to prepare yourself for that.

Edit: Sorry, I might have been thinking of Azerbaijan.

Borat and a handjob it is! Damn, this is gonna be a great week!
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #5003
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Borat and a handjob it is! Damn, this is gonna be a great week!

Just make sure to take plenty of pics!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 07-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #5004
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
I just found out that a woman I work with is jealous of my wife and wants to keep me for herself. Would somebody please back these white bitches up off me.
Yesterday, the aforementioned woman met my wife. It was a nice cordial meeting that almost led to girl-on-girl action. Unfortunately, my wife got a call on her cell phone right before that started, and then she had to leave.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #5005
JediKooter
Coordinator

She'll be back Pumpy...she'll be back...

Old 07-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #5006
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
So, I have lived in New York since 2008, I never switched my drivers license over. Part of it was due to the fact I was always traveling and part of it was because I didn't want to give up Utah (I know weird right)

Well, today that ended and I turned in my Utah DL and I now have my NY DL.....Guess I am a New Yorker now..

ah, NOW I remember who that guy on facebook is!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #5007
JediKooter
Coordinator

Ok, so I put the pot roast in the crock pot this morning before I left work. Did all the prep work last night before bed. There's only two things that I hope for when I got home tonight:

1. I didn't burn anything down
2. I put enough water in the crock pot so my pot roast isn't bone dry

Old 07-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #5008
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I've been working a crazy schedule this week and last, supporting some craziness at work.

I realized I might be close to the edge, though, when I walked out of a Jersey Mike's because the guy behind the counter started chanting the Maryland Victory Song at me when I walked in wearing my Maryland shirt. I also have no idea how I'm still awake right now.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #5009
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I realized how big of a bat the local coupon sites swing. I helped my ex get her business going and today she had her ad launch on one of the sites and she made a ton of money today...
Old 07-29-2011, 01:21 PM   #5010
molson
General Manager

My Tajik guest has come and gone. Aside from the 5 hours spent at Best Buy and Walmart (which is apparently what they wanted to visit most in America), and one married Tajik insisting that we "find him an American girlfriend", the most interesting thing was a conversation about our parents.

The Tajik couldn't believe that I lived 3,000 miles from my parents. He didn't approve that I wasn't there to take care of them. But then he asked (in very, very broken English), whether I at least sent them money. I had to explain to him that while in Tajikistan, having a decent job pretty much guarantees that you're way better off then your parents were under Soviet rule (and thus, young people with jobs financially support their parents), America is going down the shitter, and here, the older people generally have the money, and their children are generally not as well off. That blew his mind.

Last edited by molson : 07-29-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:45 PM   #5011
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
My Tajik guest has come and gone. Aside from the 5 hours spent at Best Buy and Walmart (which is apparently what they wanted to visit most in America), and one married Tajik insisting that we "find him an American girlfriend", the most interesting thing was a conversation about our parents.

The Tajik couldn't believe that I lived 3,000 miles from my parents. He didn't approve that I wasn't there to take care of them. But then he asked (in very, very broken English), whether I at least sent them money. I had to explain to him that while in Tajikistan, having a decent job pretty much guarantees that you're way better off then your parents were under Soviet rule (and thus, young people with jobs financially support their parents), America is going down the shitter, and here, the older people generally have the money, and their children are generally not as well off. That blew his mind.
It sounds like you had an interesting time. I assume he didn't sneeze at all.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #5012
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

they bring in lunch for us quite often at work. The usual hit or miss stuff and I skip it more often than not.

Today, they had some BBQ professionals come in: ribs, pulled pork, chicken, sausage, rice, cornbread, the whole 9 yards. That was, hands down, the best free lunch ever.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:54 PM   #5013
JediKooter
Coordinator

How'd the hand job go?

Old 07-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #5014
molson
General Manager

Quote:
It sounds like you had an interesting time. I assume he didn't sneeze at all.

I didn't say anything about him not sneezing....
Old 07-29-2011, 03:04 PM   #5015
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
How'd the hand job go?

Frankly, not as well as watching borat again did (i forgot how funny that movie was)
Old 07-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #5016
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Frankly, not as well as watching borat again did (i forgot how funny that movie was)

Well, at least there was a silver lining to his visit then.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #5017
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I assume the accepted rule for seeing a dude in the grocery store with his fly down is to do nothing?
Old 07-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #5018
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
I assume the accepted rule for seeing a dude in the grocery store with his fly down is to do nothing?

That's pretty much my go to rule.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #5019
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
People who modify their car/motorcycle/scooter to make it louder are a special kind of asshole.
They are up there with the guys who need to rev their motorcycle all the time to show everyone that they are in fact riding a motorcycle.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:22 AM   #5020
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

This 20 year old kept telling me guys just think she loves sex because of her big boobs and she was tired of it. She just kept talking about them, the whole time. The boobs, not the guys. She said she got pulled over a dozen times and the only one to give her a ticket was a girl. I guess she wasn't a lesbian. How the hell am I suppose to not think about her boobs which she said she didn't like if that's all she talked about...hmmm....I got her figured out but her plan did effect me as I will go out with her again. She was bragging about her boobs. She said she got pulled over going 107 and the guy told her never to drive that fast again. And the crazy thing is I believe her.

Last edited by TCY Junkie : 07-30-2011 at 12:23 AM.
TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:39 AM   #5021
MJ4H
Coordinator

Can't see shit captain.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:47 AM   #5022
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
House is officially on the market, as I prepare to take an anal raping to dump this thing.

It's moderately creepy having panoramic photos of your own home up on the internet for everyone to see.

I recently got killed on the sale of my house, but I'm about to commit an even bigger deal when I close next week on my new house.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #5023
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Oh yeah, she's not really my type I think. I have a new rule though regarding anytime a girl picks up a 8 10 split. Her average is 105 so it was really random. That was suppose to be the topic of my last post but I got side tracked.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #5024
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
Oh yeah, she's not really my type I think. I have a new rule though regarding anytime a girl picks up a 8 10 split. Her average is 105 so it was really random. That was suppose to be the topic of my last post but I got side tracked.

PICS or it didn't happen...
Old 07-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #5025
MJ4H
Coordinator

I have refreshed this thread for hours and tried 3 different browsers and the pictures still don't show up.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #5026
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I recently got killed on the sale of my house, but I'm about to commit an even bigger deal when I close next week on my new house.

Yeah, that's the one nice thing - everything sucks, so the (much bigger) houses we're looking at will hopefully be a steal and a solid long term investment.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #5027
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
PICS or it didn't happen...
Another funny thing is she was so bad that she didn't know she hit the 8 pin perfect, turned her back on the awesomeness. The guy to my left was shaking his head in disbelief.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:39 PM   #5028
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Now that the Phillies and Eagles have won the World Series/Super Bowl, plus the NBA lockout, I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing for sports entertainment. Doesn't the Premier League start soon?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:44 PM   #5029
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Now that the Phillies and Eagles have won the World Series/Super Bowl, plus the NBA lockout, I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing for sports entertainment. Doesn't the Premier League start soon?

Wait no the Panthers have won the super bowl! They have a clear superstar franchise QB and look at the money they spent in free agency!!!~~~
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:56 AM   #5030
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The 69 cent songs in the iTunes store can make for an expensive case of boredom.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:11 AM   #5031
Suicane75
Coordinator

You should try some of the 50 cent songs.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:17 PM   #5032
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

A friend of mine just told me DirectTV's NFL Sunday Ticket is now free????
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:43 PM   #5033
stevew
Hall Of Famer

As an offer for joining if you don't already have it. Fine print, of course.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:01 PM   #5034
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Of course.

I think I just ruined his night.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:04 PM   #5035
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I plan on dropping Directv next month. Wonder if I'll be offered the Sunday Ticket to keep me around? If yes, only if I don't have to sign another contract, as I would drop it in January anyway. If I have to sign on for another year, see ya Directv.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #5036
dacman
College Benchwarmer

I hate Mondays -- so someone screwed up and ran an update job Friday night for the wrong year, so now I have to spend the rest of my day figuring out what got incorrectly updated, how it got updated, and what we'll have to do to fix it. All the while, I have to breathe in diesel and asphalt fumes because they're re-paving the street near my building. Why does it seem crap like this always waits for the next Monday?
Old 08-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #5037
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

2nd time in a week I've read a story about a Georgia HS football player collapsing in the heat. One found dead in his cabin at football camp in north Florida, heat index there today was 109. The other is on life support with multiple organ failure & virtually no chance of recovery short of a miracle. Both players were 16.

I'm so damned sick of these stories, multiples each year for several years it seems. One of the unintended consequences of school calendars that get earlier & earlier but it's to the point that I feel we're going to have to have something stricter than just "guidelines" & "recommendations". I think that most coaches/programs really are trying, just not sure that there's a really safe way for younger kids to be in pads & helmets in July/August in Georgia.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #5038
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
2nd time in a week I've read a story about a Georgia HS football player collapsing in the heat. One found dead in his cabin at football camp in north Florida, heat index there today was 109. The other is on life support with multiple organ failure & virtually no chance of recovery short of a miracle. Both players were 16.

I'm so damned sick of these stories, multiples each year for several years it seems. One of the unintended consequences of school calendars that get earlier & earlier but it's to the point that I feel we're going to have to have something stricter than just "guidelines" & "recommendations". I think that most coaches/programs really are trying, just not sure that there's a really safe way for younger kids to be in pads & helmets in July/August in Georgia.

I also think it's more of a common issue with the younger kids taking supplements and pushing themselves to hard as well.

Going back 18 years when I was a senior in High School, I bought my own pads, helmet and was working my ass off to be the best. I was practicing with my friends outside of school in the heat in July and unsupervised.

I think you will find these are a combination of issues besides just the coaches pushing them.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #5039
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think you will find these are a combination of issues besides just the coaches pushing them.

Oh absolutely, I didn't mean to put it all on them, as I said I'm convinced that virtually all of them really are trying to adapt to what is still fairly new. Still, that seems like the most controllable thing in the equation ... although even that is fraught with complications (like 20 degrees swings in conditions in one part of the state vs another). Hell, look no further than my 12 y/o nephew who starts practice this week ... after spending pretty much the entire summer in front of an XBox in the a.c.

It just infuriates me to see these stories pile up one after the other, so sad it makes me mad if you will.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #5040
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

Always sad to hear these stories. I agree too, no matter what you do, there isn't really a safe way to work kids in pads in the middle of blistering heat. Nothing can really change the fact that the human body isn't really built to do that.

I do think things have come a long way. I remember two-a-days in the Summer and puking my guts out (with others) during windsprints. I remember a few of us started weighing ourselves and could easily lose 5+ pounds in a 2 hour session. Withholding water was also a common punishment.

Last edited by RainMaker : 08-02-2011 at 06:32 PM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:30 AM   #5041
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The second player died earlier tonight.

It doesn't help matters any that high school sports in Georgia are headed up by a damned idiot.

Quote:
p“It’s tragic and it’s sad,” Swearngin said. “When we try to find a solution to a problem like this, we get a little confused or we don’t know exactly what to do. There so many different factors when dealing with this type of situation. There are thousands of kids under the same conditions and nothing happens to them.

“It’s tragic and bad, but we really can’t take strong measures when it doesn’t affect everybody. So many times when a tragedy like this occurs, so many people want an immediate stop to all activities. And what keeps us from doing that is so many kids under the very same conditions have no negative effects.

Hey Ralph, millions of people drive drunk each year too and arrive home perfectly fine. That doesn't make it a good idea.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:25 AM   #5042
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I hate home run limits in slow-pitch softball.

I understand their necessity, but for a guy like me who doesn't have ridiculous, hit-it-out-at-will pop, they really suck.

I hit two balls over the fence today. Both were an out for my team, and totaled 3 runs for the other team.

It's really hard to be pissed after hitting the ball so well tonight, but I almost single-handedly lost the game for my team (we won 20-19). Because I hit the ball well. Ugh.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:23 AM   #5043
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post

I understand their necessity, but for a guy like me who doesn't have ridiculous, hit-it-out-at-will pop, they really suck.

I hit two balls over the fence today. Both were an out for my team, and totaled 3 runs for the other team.

It's really hard to be pissed after hitting the ball so well tonight, but I almost single-handedly lost the game for my team (we won 20-19). Because I hit the ball well. Ugh.

You play at Twin Creeks?
Old 08-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #5044
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post

Dear Vince's slow-pitch softball league,

Hello!? You Play. To Win. The Game.

signed, Herm Edwards
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #5045
stevew
Hall Of Famer

how come every disc I get from Netflix looks like it was touched up with an orbital sander?
Old 08-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #5046
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I tried to order the expansion packs to World of Warcraft. Going to give it another shot. I kept getting an error everytime I ordered, and it said I should contact Blizzard. I tried it six times just to see if I could get it to work. Figured i'd call them eventually.

Wake up today to $407 pending from Blizzard on my account and no games to speak of :|
Old 08-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #5047
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

While I find the beating death of the California homeless man tragic, and I hope those responsible pay. I find it equally distasteful that the mans father all of a sudden is taking up the cause for his son. Maybe he should have been there more for him when his son was alive and living on the streets and this incident could have been prevented.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #5048
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I tried to order the expansion packs to World of Warcraft. Going to give it another shot. I kept getting an error everytime I ordered, and it said I should contact Blizzard. I tried it six times just to see if I could get it to work. Figured i'd call them eventually.

Wake up today to $407 pending from Blizzard on my account and no games to speak of :|

Odd thing happened similar to us at work. Tried to use 2 different corporate cards to pay property taxes online. Both declined. Called the card's banks and they had no records of an attempt being made to charge the card. Called the county and they said it was declined because the billing address didn't match. Ok .... retyped the billing address as it was officially registered ... decline again. Then tried to pay online through a checking account deduction ... and the transaction kept failing.

Anyways ... the $407 pending MIGHT not be an actual charge that is going through, but I'd call your card place and make 100% sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #5049
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Anyways ... the $407 pending MIGHT not be an actual charge that is going through, but I'd call your card place and make 100% sure.

This seems like a possibility.

Have run into several instances of "holds" lately, far above & beyond the norm.
The latest are a couple of gas chains that have started placing holds in excess of $100 when you pay at the pump, tying up available credit until the actual charge processes.

While I'm on that subject, Pilot, hell will freeze over before I buy gas from your sorry asses again. A $150 hold for a $48 charge is unacceptable. Thanks to a heads up from my c.c. company Texaco can also kiss my ass, I don't find a $125 hold any more tolerable.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #5050
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Odd thing happened similar to us at work. Tried to use 2 different corporate cards to pay property taxes online. Both declined. Called the card's banks and they had no records of an attempt being made to charge the card. Called the county and they said it was declined because the billing address didn't match. Ok .... retyped the billing address as it was officially registered ... decline again. Then tried to pay online through a checking account deduction ... and the transaction kept failing.

Yea, I was in half a daze when I saw it this morning but I saw it was still pending. I called Blizzard to verify and they said they have no charges on their end so it should disappear in a couple days.