Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #101
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

I think because Hitler killed Jews, Jews live in Israel now is what he was going after. When it was established doesn't matter in his mind. I can still understand what he was trying to say. And he has a right to speak his mind or just grab things out of the air and not go to jail.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #102
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
I think because Hitler killed Jews, Jews live in Israel now is what he was going after. When it was established doesn't matter in his mind. I can still understand what he was trying to say. And he has a right to speak his mind or just grab things out of the air and not go to jail.

Hank Williams is in jail?!?!?

Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:38 PM   #103
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post

You're thinking of Johnny Cash.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #104
JediKooter
Coordinator

Obama said that ESPN wanted to put Hank Williams into a concentration camp??? Someone call the ACLU, stat!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #105
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Confused I am.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #106
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Apparently Hank is not the only one doubling down on dumb statements. :/
Old 10-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #107
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post

ha, not that I know of. The thought of anyone actually believing he thinks hitler and obama are equals is ridiculous. I just see him throwing that out there to be entertaining. He has rights not to be thrown in jail for saying ridiculous things and those are covered in the first amendment. EPSN said since you expressed your thoughts you're getting pulled. He didn't like it, don't see him suing them as they didn't break any laws. Maybe I have too much faith in people. I see it as somewhat of a joke that got out of hand. Would like to think ESPN could take the joke but maybe they know their audience better than I and think they don't realize he can't seriously think obama and hitler are equals. I truly believe what he said was for entertainment. Crazy to be blown up that he believes they are equals.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #108
JPhillips
General Manager

I'm disappointed in the lack of intellectual consistency from Bocephus.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #109
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
I think Hank Williams Jr was proposing that Obama and Boehner golfing was as ridiculous as Hitler and Netanyahu golfing together. The biggest problem here is not political ideology but space and time. Netanyahu was not born until 4 years after Hitler had died. Think about this carefully, this golf pairing could only occur if one of them traveled through time. Hitler obviously can't have a time machine or WWII would have ended better for him. The alternative is that Netanyahu traveled in time to play golf with Hitler, something that also seems unlikely given his birth in Israel and special forces background.

"1937: Hitler joins the Thule Society, a group of German aristocrats obsessed with the occult. In 1938, he acquired the spear of Longinus, which pierced the side of Christ. He who holds it becomes invincible. Hitler's power increases tenfold. 1943: President Roosevelt decides to fight back. The Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense is born. 1958: the Occult Wars finally come to an end with the death of Adolf Hitler."
"1945, you mean. Hitler died in '45."
"Did he now?"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #110
JediKooter
Coordinator

Wait. Is this the new Indiana Jones movie or is this Hell Boy?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 10-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #111
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

That was Hellboy. But I could see how the anachronisms could throw you

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-06-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #112
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
That was Hellboy. But I could see how the anachronisms could throw you

SI

Looks like I'm going to have to watch Hellboy soon.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #113
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I'm disappointed in the lack of intellectual consistency from Bocephus.

You mean the guy who sang, "If the South would have won we woulda had it made"?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #114
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
ha, not that I know of. The thought of anyone actually believing he thinks hitler and obama are equals is ridiculous. I just see him throwing that out there to be entertaining. He has rights not to be thrown in jail for saying ridiculous things and those are covered in the first amendment. EPSN said since you expressed your thoughts you're getting pulled. He didn't like it, don't see him suing them as they didn't break any laws. Maybe I have too much faith in people. I see it as somewhat of a joke that got out of hand. Would like to think ESPN could take the joke but maybe they know their audience better than I and think they don't realize he can't seriously think obama and hitler are equals. I truly believe what he said was for entertainment. Crazy to be blown up that he believes they are equals.
Please dig up. Please.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #115
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Please dig up. Please.

Ha, this is the best thing I've read in ages.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #116
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Purely anecdotal, but I had a family member, living in a dual income household, gladly accept that check every week without looking for a job, only doing so after the 52+ week period ended. I really don't know how you fix this, however.

Also, while it's true you pay into unemployment income insurance every week, so does the employer. So, it's not completely funded by the workers.

While I am bothered by this, I didn't like the reaction of pulling his song. It doesn't surprise me though, just something I couldn't let go easily. I understand why they did it, but it just crazy to me. Why can't everyone get along. I think pumpy was saying I was oblivious if I didn't understand it being pulled, I don't want to understand is the point. I don't think there was any hate involved but maybe there is and if so I should dig up to get my head out of the sand. Anyway, I'm trying to be more social online so thanks for your input.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #117
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Toes of The First Amendment

Possible band name, that is.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #118
JediKooter
Coordinator

Martyrs for the 1st

They could be fronted by Dr. Laura, with Hank playing guitar.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:09 PM   #119
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
While I am bothered by this, I didn't like the reaction of pulling his song. It doesn't surprise me though, just something I couldn't let go easily. I understand why they did it, but it just crazy to me. Why can't everyone get along. I think pumpy was saying I was oblivious if I didn't understand it being pulled, I don't want to understand is the point. I don't think there was any hate involved but maybe there is and if so I should dig up to get my head out of the sand. Anyway, I'm trying to be more social online so thanks for your input.
I certainly think you're capable of understanding why it was pulled, so I wouldn't necessarily call you oblivious. It's just more of a "put yourself in their shoes" thing. ESPN had absolutely nothing to gain and a lot to lose by keeping him around. There's money on the line here. ESPN's not really trying to make a social statement. They're not really taking a stand. They're just not going to create a bad situation for themselves. That's just bad (and stupid) business.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #120
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Please dig up. Please.

I believe this is what you were looking for:

Oops... I meant this:

SI

Old 10-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #121
kcchief19
Pro Starter

The Hitler As Symbol Chart
Rule 1: It is never a good idea to invoke the name of Hitler to make an unrelated sports-related point — or any unrelated point.
Rule 2: However, if you plan going to bring up Hitler in historical context, see Rule 1.
Rule 3: In certain rare cases, when you are interested in using Hitler to prove a larger truth, see Rule 1.
Rule 4: The one exception to this is … See Rule 1.
Rule 5: Yeah. Rule 1. Always.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #122
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
You mean the guy who sang, "If the South would have won we woulda had it made"?

Good thing I don't pay attention to ignorant rednecks.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #123
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
I certainly think you're capable of understanding why it was pulled, so I wouldn't necessarily call you oblivious. It's just more of a "put yourself in their shoes" thing. ESPN had absolutely nothing to gain and a lot to lose by keeping him around. There's money on the line here. ESPN's not really trying to make a social statement. They're not really taking a stand. They're just not going to create a bad situation for themselves. That's just bad (and stupid) business.

I was thinking about that but mainly being in hanks shoes because he didn't deserve being labeled a certain way for trying to have a good time. They pull his song which totally makes it look like there might be some merit to that he believes they are equal. What you said is a given. There are things I like to discuss, I tend to jump over things obvious. I don't have an opinion one way or the other, or trying to prove something with talking about him getting shafted. Just like to say things and explore possibilities. If my exploring things not likely makes people think I'm dumb than feel free to think that. I don't jump off a bridge which is inspected for safety just because others are doing it.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #124
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Why can't everyone get along.

Because apparently, just because you're leaders of opposing political parties who both want what's best for the same country, it's as if you're mortal enemies?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #125
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Because apparently, just because you're leaders of opposing political parties who both want what's best for the same country, it's as if you're mortal enemies?

Hey Pass,
I know it's pretty stupid. I didn't think he would apologize because he wasn't sorry for the comparison. He wasn't comparing hitler to obama. Probably thought he was being cute and got offended when it came back to it bite him in the ass.

What I've been kicking around my brain was dropping him effecting his name more than it would have effect Espn if they kept him. What he said was absurd. Espn at the minimum should have said they dropped him for being an ass. What they did gave some merit to people that he may feel they are equal.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #126
JPhillips
General Manager

Let's go to the tape.

Quote:
Fox Host: I don't understand that analogy actually.

HWJ: I'm glad you don't brother, cause a lot of people do.

And later:

Quote:
Fox Host:You used the name of one of the most hated people in all of the world to describe the, uhh, I think, the president.

HWJ: Well that's true. That is true.

Still want to say he wasn't making the comparison?
Old 10-06-2011, 10:17 PM   #127
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
I think Hank Williams Jr was proposing that Obama and Boehner golfing was as ridiculous as Hitler and Netanyahu golfing together. The biggest problem here is not political ideology but space and time. Netanyahu was not born until 4 years after Hitler had died. Think about this carefully, this golf pairing could only occur if one of them traveled through time. Hitler obviously can't have a time machine or WWII would have ended better for him. The alternative is that Netanyahu traveled in time to play golf with Hitler, something that also seems unlikely given his birth in Israel and special forces background.

In conclusion Hank Williams Jr is wrong. It is much less ridiculous for 2 golf-playing politicians in the same country at the same time to play together than 2 politicians playing after one of them has traveled through time.

I think that someone at Fox should be fired for bringing Hank in as a political commentator - why would anyone care what he has to say?

+10000
and the highlighted part was my favorite.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:43 AM   #128
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Let's go to the tape.

And later:

Still want to say he wasn't making the comparison?

He wasn't comparing them overall. If you think he believes obama is as bad as hitler than fine. Convincing me he believes that would be like convincing me that tony romo is as bad as andre ware.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:05 AM   #129
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
They could call Pink.

You think he's kidding...

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote