Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-11-2007, 03:58 PM   #501
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-The debut on TBS gets a 1.48 rating. Our last show on our syndicated deal got a 0.56, so this was a huge move. I'm not exactly sure how this effects us positively, though I'm assuming more sponsorship money and a faster growth of popularity. Though I'll check the numbers at the end of the month.

-Kevin was very late for the last show. This is a regular problem for him, so he's suspended a week.

-Abdullah the Butcher won the annual New Japan IWGP League tournament (Hulk Hogan had won it last year)

-Ted Dibaise signed with the AWA - he now works for them, us, and All Japan.

-I've requested negotiations with Paul Ellering, with the hopes that he comes in to manage the Road Warriors.

-Buddy Roberts is once again exhausted after the last show. It's amazing that I've managed to avoid injuries with him. He wrestled 12 matches in May, including 5 in the last week! It's clear that Pacific Northwest and the AWA find him as much a reliable workhorse as I do.

-Road Warrior Hawk signs with New Japan, where he'll now work in addition to us and Mid-South. Hopefully that will accelerate his development.

-Bill Mercer wants about double his $1,105/show cost, so I cut off negotiations and will let his contract expire. Lance Russell will now handle 100% of the announcing duties. (With Lord Alfred Hayes and Marc Lowerence helping out on color commentary). I'll go with a three-man booth on all shows.

-Arturo Mendoza re-signs for 9 months at $1,500/show, a very modest raise from his prior deal of $1,325/show.

-Buddy Rose rejects negotiations with me, and he feels he's already stretched too thin between three companies (WWF, Portland, and SWCW). I had thought that since I was "at war" with SWCW, he'd leave them for me, but I guess it doesn't work like that.

Last edited by molson : 11-11-2007 at 04:02 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:36 PM   #502
molson
General Manager

THE STARS OF WORLD CLASS ON TOUR
Monday, Week 2, June 1984
Miami, FL (Southeast - Tiny Venue)
Expected Attendance: 1,006 Ticket prices: Default
Actual Attendance: 1,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Tommy Rodgers drew with Al Perez in 5:31 by Double Countout. (D+)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Road Warrior Hawk about his upcoming match with Frank Dusek. (E+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Road Warrior Hawk defeats Frank Dusek (w/ Gary Hart) in 7:50 by DQ after Gary Hart was caught interfering. (C).

-Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Mike Von Erich about his 1st WCCW Cruiserweight Title Defense - against the man he defeated in the finals of the tournament, Villano IV. (E-).

-WCCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Mike Von Erich defeats Villano IV in 5:43 by submission, making his 1st defense of the title. The two showed great chemistry. (C-)

-Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeat Villano V & Super Kendo in 7:32 when Ware pinned Super Kendo. (B-). Eaton and Ware looked good. After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Eaton & Ware about their win, and their upcoming title shot against The Sheepherders on the TV show this week. Eaton and Ware said they were humbled by their defeat at Parade of Champions, but say that you can't count them out of the title picture yet. (B-)

-David Von Erich came out to hype the main event match tonight, his title defense against Buddy Roberts. David points out that since the "Freebird Friendly" board of directors took over, all he's done is defend the title against Freebirds, which is fine with him. (B). The promo is interrupted by Bob Backlund, who comes to the ring to confront David. Backlund says that he actually defeated David at Parade of Champions, albeit by DQ, and now he has to wait in line behind The Freebirds for another title shot, which is an outrage. David responds that he actually agrees with Backlund, and that Backlund deserves a title shot more than any Freebirds, but that Bob needs to take that up with the Board of Directors, or with The Freebirds themselves. Backlund seems to accept what David is saying, says he will take it up with the Freebirds, and then leaves the ring. (B).

-Bob Backlund defeats Tiger Mask in 17:45 by pinfall. (A). The match suffered from a lack of selling. After the match, Backlund cuts a manic promo about his victory, and says that if The Freebirds are going to be hoarding all the World Title matches from here on out, he'll just half to take them out. (B-)

-King Kong Bundy is in the ring for his rematch with Gary Hart. Again, he tells the referee, and the fans, that he is insisting on a five-count on all of his pinfalls. (C)

-Bruno Sammartino defeats King Kong Bundy in 8:25 by submission. (B). At one point, Bundy had Bruno for a 3-count, but Bruno was able to kick out before the referee had been able to count to 5, per Bundy's request. The match suffered form a lack of selling. After the match, Sammartino cut a promo hyping his win. (B-)

-Buddy Roberts cuts a promo hyping his World Title shot against David Von Erich. (B). David cuts a hype promo as well, saying he beat Michael Hayes twice last week, and that if Roberts is now the guy in the way, he'll take care of him too. (B)

-WCCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
David Von Erich defeats Buddy Roberts in 16:52 by submission to make his 6th Title defense. (B+).

Overall Show Rating: B

THOUGHTS:

-A terrific show, even more so considering we were in the Southeast, where we probably could have increased our popularity with a C- effort.

-David continues to be able to fend off The Freebirds in title matches - this will keep the feud busy for a while, until it's climax at the Cage Clash event in a couple of months. There, we're probably looking at Wargames.

-Bruno isn't thrilled about wrestling, but at 48, he clearly still has it, wrestling his 2nd straight B rated match with King Kong Bundy. With a main eventer, he can probably reach A- or A. In some ways it's a cheat, since the AI isn't going to force a "retired wrestler" into action, but I don't feel particularly guilty about it.

-Bob Backlund's role was defined a little more clearly tonight - everyone feels he's the real #1 Contender, even David Von Erich. But the Freebirds now are in the way, since they seem to have control over matchmaking these days. That's bad news for the Freebirds, and may lead to a Backlund face turn.

-Very solid tag team match tonight between Koko & Eaton and Villano V & Super Kendo. Koko & Eaton will keep chasing the Sheepherder's gold for now, though they're destined to split up and make bigger names for themselves eventually. But this is the strongest tag division we've ever had.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #503
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Koko B. Ware is exhausted after the last show.

-Bill Mercer's contract expires, and he is officially gone from WCCW. I kind of hate to see a WCCW legend like that go, but maybe he'll come crawling back in 6 months with more realistic contract demands.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:01 PM   #504
molson
General Manager

Thanks everybody for checking this thread out - it's now the 3rd most viewed dynasty in FOFC history (at least in terms of what's currently viewable on the site).
Old 11-12-2007, 07:59 AM   #505
Tellistto
College Prospect

Thank you for posting the thread, molson. I'm enjoying it immensely and hope it continues as far as it can go. I'll be reading it however long that is. Keep up the great work!

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:17 AM   #506
hoosierdude
High School Varsity

One of the reasons to visit the forums is this thread. Of course it drove me to try playing DoTT again, and enjoying it. Thanks for great dynasty. This is a lot of fun to read.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud - Sophocles"
hoosierdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:29 AM   #507
waynegomez
n00b

This is my favorite thread on FOFC and I check the board daily hoping to see this dynasty updated. Thanks for your work!
waynegomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:50 PM   #508
molson
General Manager

WORLD CLASS WRESTLING (TV TAPING)
Wednesday, Week 2, June 1984
Fort Worth, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 5,009; Ticket Prices: default
Actual Attendance: 5,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Boris Malenko comes out with his client, Nikita Koloff, and the two further mock their attack on Ricky Morton, and his apparent career-ending injury. They then turn their attentions to Tommy Rodgers, who had aligned himself with Morton in the weeks prior to Parade of Champions. Malenko says that Rodgers will pay for his poor choice in friends tonight. (C+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Nikita Koloff (w/Boris Malenko) defeats Tommy Rodgers in 7:35 by pinfall in a dominating victory. (C).

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Brian Adias comes to the ring and cuts a short promo. He says that now that he's been fired by Gary Hart, and was rescued by Mike Von Erich at Parade of Champions, he's realized what a mistake it was to turn on the WCCW fans and join Hart's stable. Adias says he hopes to win back the support of the fans, and he'll start tonight, by facing off with Michael Hayes. Adias says he knows that both Hart's and Akbar's stables have aligned themselves with The Freebirds in recent weeks, and Adias wants to make it clear that he's 100% with The Von Erichs. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Michael Hayes defeats Brian Adias in 3:35 by pinfall. (C+).

-Bruno Sammartino defeats Frank Dusek (w/Gary Hart) in 7:34 by pinfall. (C-). Bruno seemed off his game.

-After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Sammartino at ringside about his win. (C+). The interview is interrupted by Nikita Koloff and Boris Malenko, who come down to ringside to confront Sammartino. Malenko rants about Nikita's "Uncle Ivan" proving Soviet superiority 13 1/2 years ago when he defeated Sammartino for the WWF World Championship, and says that it's a disgrace that Bruno's still taking up space in a wrestling ring. Malenko then blows smoke from his cigar into Bruno's face, which starts a brief brawl between the three that is quickly broken up. (C+)

-Bob Backlund defeats Jose Lothario in 8:13 by pinfall. (B). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Hayes interviews Bob Backlund at ringside. Backlund rants against The Freebirds, saying that even David himself believes that Backlund is the #1 contender, yet The Freebirds are getting World Title shots night after night (including tonight). Backlund says that The Freebirds better watch their step, because Bob will take them out one by one if they stand between him and the World Title. (B-)

-After a commercial, The Freebirds come to the ring to cut a promo. Hayes mocks Backlund, saying that if the World Title was so important to him, he shouldn't have sold it to Hayes a few months back. Hayes says that now that Fritz is gone, The Freebirds are simply making up for the opportunities that they were denied in the past. That included Hayes' shots at the title last week, and Buddy Robert's shot tonight. Hayes also (gleefully) noted that tonight's Mike Von Erich v. Terry Gordy rematch from will be a no-DQ Hardcore-Rules match. Marc Lowerence and Lance Russell express disgust over that stipulation, since it is clear that Mike is over-matched by Gordy, and this stipulation simply isn't necessary. (C-)

-A highlight video recaps the lengthy Koko/Eaton v. Sheepherders feud over the WCCW Tag Team Championship. (B-). The video covers, among other things, The Sheepherders title win over Koko/Eaton and subsequent attack that briefly put them out of commission. Koko & Eaton's comeback, the title matches that ended with Skandor Akbar's interference, and finally, the cage match at Parade of Champions that ended decisively with a Sheepherders victory. (B-)

-WCCW World Tag Team Championship Match
The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar) drew with Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware in 15:00 when the time limit expired. Akbar constantly interfered in the match. (C+). The Sheepherders make their 7th title defense. Koko looked good. After the match, Eaton & Koko cut a promo at ringside. They claim that with the draw tonight, they're still the number #1 contenders, and they're asking the The Sheepherders and the Board of Directors for one more shot at the belts, at June Star Wars. They say that to keep Skandor Akbar out of the ring, The Sheepherders in the ring, and still retain their high-flying strengths in the match, they'll be asking for the match to be a Lumberjack Match. (B-)

-Hardcore Rules
Terry Gordy defeats Mike Von Erich in 7:27 by pinfall in a violent, dominating victory, with featured Gordy unnecessarily utilizing chairs and tables against his overmatched opponent. (C). Gordy seemed off his game. Mike was tiring towards the end of the match. The two showed good chemistry.

-David Von Erich hyped his upcoming title defense against Buddy Roberts. He says that he knows the Freebirds were planning big things tonight because Kevin isn't in the arena. And now, Mike was beat up pretty bad by Terry Gordy, so David will be on his own against Buddy, and probably Hayes and Gordy as well. (B-)

David Von Erich defeats Buddy Roberts in 20:36 by DQ following interference from Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes. (B) David makes his 7th defense of the the World Title. After the match, The Freebirds begin a 3-1 beatdown, but David is able to escape.

Overall Show Rating: C+

THOUGHTS:

-That rating will help us everywhere but Texas. A couple of surprisingly low match ratings keep the overall rating down.

-Now that the Freebirds control the board of directors, David is defending against a Freebird every week. They're also taking advantage of their new power to book one-sided matches like the Hardcore match this week between Gordy and Mike. Things are going to get worse for the Von Erichs before they get better.

-Both Mike v. Gordy and Koko/Eaton v. Sheepherders were both way worse then the usual matches between those guys. The hardcore stipulation may have hurt the Mike/Gordy match to some extent, and on top of that, Gordy was off his game tonight. The tag match is more of a mystery, though 15 minutes may be a little long for those 4. The deal with the feud at this point is basically that in regular matches, Akbar interferes or there's a countout, but in cage matches, Eaton & Koko's strengths are neutralized and The Sheepherders dominate. So the challengers are doing the smart thing and campaigning for a Lumberjack match.

-Of course, Backlund still lurks just outside the World Title picture, and tonight he has a great match with Jose Lothario - it's Lothario's best since the dynasty started.

-Koloff officially revealed Ivan as his "uncle" at tonight's show, so attacking Bruno is a pretty rational if obvious move for him at this point. I'll also have to look into to bringing in Ivan himself.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:10 PM   #509
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Mike Von Erich & Koko B. Ware are exhausted after the last show.

-Brian Adias arrived late - he's suspended for 1 week.

-The TV show gets a 1.41 rating. That's slightly down from our 1.48 debut.

-Bill Mercer is officially gone from WCCW. We wish him luck in his future endevours.

-Paul Ellering rejected negations with me, as he wants to focus on his AWA career. So the Road Warriors are on their own for now, unless I can think of someone else to manage them.

-There's indications that Dick Murdock is ready to get back into the ring, after taking a year off - he's rejected me about 10 times in the past, but I still consider him the perfect WCCW wrestler, so I request negations with him yet again.

-Dave "Fit" Finley, who is already 25 years old in 1984, won the ASW-UK World Mid-Heavyweight Championship. (That's a mid-card title in the UK's only current promotion).
Old 11-17-2007, 07:18 PM   #510
molson
General Manager

Updates will continue to be a little sporadic for a while, as I'm going to be on vacation the next week and half, and I'm also buying a new computer that I'll have to transfer this game onto.

For my own reference purposes, he's the current "momentum" ratings in WCCW, which are starting to reflect some of the new pushes I've given in recent weeks:

"B"
Bob Backlund

"B-"
David Von Erich
Bobby Eaton
Koko B. Ware
Luke Williams
Butch Miller
Iceman Parsons
Roddy Piper

"C+"
Kerry Von Erich
Road Warrior Animal
Tiger Mask
Terry Gordy
Adrian Adonis
Kevin Von Erich
Arturo Mendoza
Buddy Roberts

"C"
Skandor Akbar
Road Warrior Hawk
Buddy Landell
Bruno Sammartino
Michael Hayes
Ted Dibiase
The Great Kabuki

"C-"
Brian Adias
Ricky Morton
Lord Alfred Hayes
Boris Malenko
Gary Hart
King Kong Bundy
Gino Hernandez

"D+"
Jose Lothario
Nikita Koloff
Doug Sommers

"D"
Villano V
Frank Dusek
Mike Von Erich

"D-"
Lance Russell
Al Perez

"E"
Tommy Rodgers
Bronco Lubich

"E-"
Super Kendo
Fritz Von Erich

"F-"
Arman Hussein
David Manning
Villano IV
JR Foley
Owen Hart
Marc Lowerence
Old 11-28-2007, 09:42 AM   #511
molson
General Manager

After a about a week and a half Thanksgiving vacation and a computer upgrade, I'm ready to get this thing going again. My laptop is on its last legs, and yesterday I was able to transfer my entire saved game over to my new desktop. Everything loaded up great and I started booking a show.

About 20 minutes in though - crash. The culprit is Microsoft Vista. From reading over at the TEW forums, Vista is a big, big problem for this game. My Memory (2MB), and Video Card doesn't seem to be the issue. Some people are just getting periodic crashes no matter what.

So my two options at this point seem to be go ahead anyway with frequent saves (whether that works depends on the frequency of the crashes, obviously), or try Virtual PC or it's equivalent. Everyone on the TEW boards who's managed to get Virtual PC to work hasn't had a problem (though it runs somewhat slower than Vista between crashes). Continuing on the old laptop isn't an option, I just don't want to deal with it anymore, and the power pin is damaged to the point that it's difficult to get a continous power stream to the PC without lining the adapter up just right.

So if anyone out there has any experience with running TEW in Vista or Virtual PC and has any tips, I'd love to hear from you. I should know in a couple of days whether the dynasty can continue.

Last edited by molson : 11-28-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:25 PM   #512
rjolley
College Starter

You're running Vista on 2M of memory? No wonder you're having problems.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:32 PM   #513
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
You're running Vista on 2M of memory? No wonder you're having problems.

My computer literacy clearly also poses a problem to the future of this dynasty. (In my head I have 2 "things" of memory). But uhh, ya, I guess I meant GB.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:25 PM   #514
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 3, June 1984
Rochester, MN (Midwest - Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 2,504 Ticket prices: $3 More than Default
Actual Attendance: 1,593

Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Mike Von Erich about his upcoming Cruiserweight Title Defense against Villano IV. Mike also claimed that he's fine after his no-DQ match defeat against Terry Gordy on TV last week. Mike says he didn't ask for no-dq match, and he hopes that from this point forward, he can focus on defending his Cruiserweight Title. (C)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
WCCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Mike Von Erich defeated Villano IV in 7:06 by submission to make his 2nd defense of his title. (B-) The two showed great chemistry. Mike was visibly tiring towards the end of the match.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Al Perez drew with Owen Hart in 7:30 following a double count-out. (E+). Perez was exhausted by the end of the match.

-Ted Dibiase defeated Tommy Rodgers in 9:36 by pinfall. (D). Dibiase was limited by his injury. Rodgers looked off his game.

-Bruno Sammartino came out to the ring for his match with Michael Hayes, and cuts a pre-match promo. He says that it seems like the Freebirds have all the momentum these days, but that he didn't come to WCCW to compete in a company run by low-lifes. Bruno says he's known Fritz Von Erich for many years, and supports the Von Erichs 100%. Sammartino says that both Skandor Akbar and Gary Hart have aligned themselves with with The Freebrids, so it's important for everyone else to publicly align themselves with The Von Erichs, and their great World Champion, David. (C+)

-Michael Hayes drew with Bruno Sammartino in 3:48 following a double countout. (B-) After the match, Terry Gordy immediately came down to ringside, and the two Freebirds double-teamed Bruno outside the ring. David Von Erich makes the save however, and he and Bruno drive off the Freebirds. (C)

-Iceman Parsons came to the ring and hyped his match with Sheepherder Butch Williams. He also said that he agrees with Sammartino - it's time for the rest of WCCW to stand up against the Freebirds - he says he's with the Von Erichs as well, always has been. (C-)

-Skandor Akbar comes to the ring with Butch Williams, and cuts a promo about Williams' upcoming match with Parsons. He also mocks Parsons' alligience to the Von Erichs, putting over the Freebirds, and their allies, as the most dominant force in pro wrestling history. (C-)

-Iceman Parsons defeated Butch Miller in 7:49 by pinfall. (C). After the match, while Parsons celebrates in the ring, he is confronted by Ted Dibiase. Dibiase says that Parsons' victory over him two weeks ago on national TV was the biggest fluke in the history of professional sports. He then drops a few more implied racial remarks, saying "you people" like Parsons could never dream of the success and wealth that Dibiase has enjoyed. Dibiase demands a rematch at the TV show tomorrow night. Parsons blows him off, saying "we people" have nothing left to prove. (C) Dibaise is enraged, turns his back for a second, and then is hit with a Iceman Parsons dropkick that sends him to the arena floor. (C-)

-David Von Erich came to the ring and cut a promo about his upcoming main event World Title defense against Terry Gordy. He said there's been no secrets about what's been going on since the Freebird-friendly board of directors took over WCCW. David's been defending the belt constantly against Freebirds every single show. He says tonight's outcome will be no different than the previous few weeks - David will retain. (C+). Michael Hayes then comes out with Terry Gordy, and cuts a promo on Gordy's behalf, hyping the match. Hayes stays at ringside for the match. (B)

David Von Erich defeated Terry Gordy in 35:32 by pinfall after botched interference from Michael Hayes after the referee was knocked out. (A) David makes his 8th defense of the world title.

Overall Show Rating: B-

THOUGHTS

-A B- show in the midwest is always a good thing. And in this show, we kept the number of used wrestlers pretty low. And David v. Gordy took up about 1/3 of the show, and delivered an A rating.

-Iceman Parsons' push is starting to pick up - another victory, and he also gets the better of Ted Dibaise tonight in their rich white guy/ghetto black guy feud. Something like that might be considered edgy today, but in 1984, it wasn't a huge deal. I remember Col. Debeers actually demanding that a white referee work all his matches.

-So to keep track, the "Freebird Nation" includes Gordy, Hayes, Robers, and everyone associated with Akbar and Hart: The Sheepherders, King Kong Bundy, Arturo Mendoza, Frank Dusek, and I guess technically, Adrian Adonis, though he's still out awaiting a gimmick change. Meanwhile, Brian Adias, Bruno Sammartino, and Iceman Parsons have alligned themselves with The Von Erichs.

-I don't know how long Bruno Sammartino will tolerate wrestling this often, but he's been terrific. 5 matches, 2 Bs, 2 B-s, and 1 C. I'm thinking of running the northeast for the first time, maybe using Bruno in the main event.

-Mike and Villano IV have now wrestled 3 times for the Cruiserweight Championship, and this was by far their best match - a B-.

Last edited by molson : 12-02-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #515
molson
General Manager

So I'm going to keep trying to plug away with this thing in Vista. I've made about 10-15 "tweaks" as suggested at the TEW forums and other places, which I guess "buys some time" before the game crashes. I spent about 30 minutes on the above show (making sure to save the game all along), and no crashes. Then I just spent another 30 minutes playing around in the game - still so crashes. I'll probably just restart the game between shows, which is annoying, but the game runs so much faster on my new desktop that it's basically a wash.

Last edited by molson : 12-02-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:41 PM   #516
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Buddy Landell is finally 100% after his injury. I've been holding off on a big angle for him, waiting for him to get healthy.

-Ever since the dynasty started, I've been periodically trying to bring in Dick Murdoch. Murdoch though, decided to take a year off from the ring, and rejected all of my requests for negotiations. Over the last few weeks however, he's made it clear that he's accepting offers to get back in the ring. Even though our main event storylines are pretty well set with a lot of bodies, I take the plunge anyway, and bring in Murdock for a very reasonable $1,700/show over 18 months, and 10% of his merchandise revenue. Murdoch's hiatus has impacted his popularity somewhat, though he's still very well known (C- to C+) over the entire United States and Japan. He's starting to break down physically at age 36, but he has A+ toughness, "A" Stamina and Selling, and B+ Brawling, Charisma, Psychology, and Wrestling Basics, and can work as a face or a heel. He'll sit out a little while as I wind up some storylines and cut come big-ticket workers (Piper, Dibiase, etc).
Old 12-02-2007, 08:44 PM   #517
hoopsguy
General Manager

Congrats on landing Murdoch - I know you've been chasing him and a couple of other guys for awhile now. Glad to hear that you are able to keep this moving after the computer change and all the associated challenges with the new OS.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:05 PM   #518
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Ricky Morton is also back at 100%. The last time we saw him he was having his eye burned out by Boris Malenko. His contract is up in 17 days, and I request negotiations, though unless he's not looking for any raise at all, I'm leaning towards letting his contract end.

-The WWF has resigned both Hulk Hogan and Michael Hayes. Hogan is still a main event heel, but they haven't put any titles on him yet. Hayes is a heel in the upper midcard.

-Roddy Piper has officially returned from his 1-month suspension. I'm going to get through the next TV show to decide whether I fire him now, job him out some more, or trade him for other talent. He hasn't been seen in a WCCW ring since losing a last man standing match to David Von Erich 5 weeks ago.

Last edited by molson : 12-02-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:54 AM   #519
Tellistto
College Prospect

Good stuff, molson! Still following along and glad that it's still going. Don't envy you too much with the compatability issues with Vista and things made for XP. I have yet to make that plunge, and probably won't till forced.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:19 PM   #520
molson
General Manager

WORLD CLASS WRESTLING (LIVE TV SHOW)
Wednesday, Week 3, June 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Super Kendo defeated Owen Hart in 6:49 by pinfall. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Jose Lothario defeated Villano V in 6:55 by pinfall. (C). After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Jose Lothario about his win. (D+)

-As the show starts, Marc Lowerence is set to interview Koko B. Ware and Bobby Eaton. Lowerence says he has some news to break to both the fans, and Eaton/Ware. The WCCW board of directors has considered their request to make their "last chance" title match with The Sheepherders a lumberjack match, and will grant the request on one condition - Eaton and Ware win their match tonight against Frank Dusek & Doug Sommers. If they lose, The Sheepherders will pick the stipulation (with Lowerence pointing out that The Sheepherders have had their way with Eaton and Ware in brawl-based environments - like a steel cage). (C+)

-Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeat Frank Dusek (w/Gary Hart) & Doug Sommers in 7:41 when Ware pinned Dusek. (C) The winners overcame constant interference from The Sheepherders, who at one point attacked Eaton and temporarily removed him from the match. Ware was able to overcome the 2-1 disadvantage to get the win. Ware's performance stood out. After the match, The Sheepherders and Eaton/Ware continued to brawl around ringside for several minutes, and back to the dressing room. (B)

-The Freebirds come to the ring to address the crowd. They say the news keeps getting better for the 'birds and all their fans. First, David Von Erich is not in the arena tonight. Second, the WCCW board of directors has announced the main event for the June Star Wars event next Saturday night - a 4 corners match for the WCCW World Heavyweight Championship - David Von Erich v. Terry Gordy v. Michael Hayes, v. Buddy Roberts. Announcer Lance Russell reacts with disgust. Third, The Freebirds announce that tonight, the fans will see the next chapter in the "heated rivalry" between Terry Gordy and Mike Von Erich - as the two will face off in a steel cage match. Lance Russell expresses more disgust - noting that Terry Gordy has already defeated Mike twice over the last few weeks, including last week's no-DQ match where Mike barely escaped serious injury. (C+)

-A video highlight package is shown featuring recent events between Nikita Koloff and Bruno Sammartino - including Koloff's two attacks on Sammartino (including the second one that was broken up by David Von Erich). (C+)

-Boris Malenko cuts a promo alongside Nikita Koloff, hyping the latter's upcoming match with Bruno Sammartino. (C+)

-Nikita Koloff (w/Boris Malenko) defeats Bruno Sammartino in 10:05 by pinfall in a tainted victory following interference from Boris Malenko. (C-). Koloff was off his game. The two showed poor chemistry.

-#1 Contender's Match: WCCW Cruiserweight Championship
Buddy Landell defeated Villano IV in 7:15 by submission. (B-). The two showed great chemistry. Buddy Landell becomes the #1 Contender to Mike's Cruiserweight Championship.

-Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Mike Von Erich on his upcoming Steel Cage Match with Terry Gordy. Mike said he didn't ask for this match, and he's not at 100% health from the beating Gordy gave him last week. Mike says that all he wants to do right now is focus on his Cruiserweight Championship, and the Freebird-Friendly Board of Directors isn't letting him do that. Still, Mike says, he's not a coward, and he'll get into the ring tonight and do his best. (C)

-Steel Cage Match
-Cage Classic Rules: Pinfall or Submission Only
-Before the match, Lance Russell calls this a "dark day in WCCW" when an overmatched Mike is being "sent to the gallows".
Terry Gordy defeats Mike Von Erich in 6:44 in a brutal, dominating victory. (B). Mike seemed off his game, and was tiring towards the end of the match. The two showed good chemistry.

-After the match, Gordy continued his attack on Mike. Before long however, an enraged Kevin Von Erich stormed the ringside area with a steel chair, and scaled the cage. He brutally attacked Gordy with the chair, again and again, busting Gordy's forehead open. (C+) Hayes and Buddy Roberts tried to make the save, but with the cage door locked, Kevin easily repelled them by striking the cage with his chair when they tried to climb it. The attack continued for several minutes, before the Freebirds finally managed to get the door unlocked. (C) Kevin fought both Hayes and Roberts off before leaving the cage with a groggy Mike. Hayes started yelling at Kevin as he walked back towards the dressing room, claiming that Kevin is "finished in WCCW".

-The announcers are stunned by the events, and are distracted through the main event match

-Arturo Mendoza (w/Gary Hart) drew with The Great Kabuki in 17:17 by Double DQ after interference from both Tiger Mask (on behalf of Kabuki) and King Kong Bundy (on behalf of Mendoza). (B+). The four brawl as the show ends.

THOUGHTS

-The show ratings were pretty disappointing as the night went on, but we were saved by the solid main event, featuring two guys who aren't "main eventers".

-Another big step in the Freebird/Von Erich feud - with Kerry and Fritz already out of the picture, Kevin completely snaps and destroys Terry Gordy. Hayes has already threatened him, with the implication being that the pro-Freebird board of directors will now take action against Kevin. On top of that, Mike may be out of the picture as well, after back to back beatings by Terry Gordy. The Von Erichs continue to implode - though David still holds the belt (for now). Next week of course, he has to defend against all 3 Freebirds.

-Bruno/Koloff was a dud - the two just don't mesh, and on top of that, Koloff was having an off night. Fortunately, these two aren't setup for any long term feud.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:30 PM   #521
molson
General Manager

NEWS

The complete card for WCCW June Star Wars has been announced:

-4-Corners Match, Elimination Rules.
David Von Erich (c) v. Buddy Roberts v. Terry Gordy v. Michael Hayes

-Lumberjack Rules
-"Last Chance" for Eaton/Ware
The Sheepherders (c) v. Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware

Mike Von Erich (c) v. Buddy Landell

-Bruno Sammartino v. Nikita Koloff

-Texas Tornado Match (All 4 Men in Ring at Same Time)
The Great Kabuki & Tiger Mask v. King Kong Bundy & Arturo Mendoza

-Frank Dusek v. Tommy Rodgers

-The Return of Piper's Pit with Guest: Gino Hernandez
Old 12-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #522
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-I'm watching Smackdown right now and they're hyping the WCCW DVD - Michael Hayes made an appearance (though it wasn't nearly as cool as his promo with Edge a year or so ago). If I pick up the DVD in a next few weeks, I'll do a little review here.

-The TV show draws a 1.39 rating. That's down .02 from last week.

-Brian Adias has returned from his suspension.

-The WWF did some big-time spring cleaning, firing Chris Adams, Magnum TA, Tiger Chung Lee, Tito Santana, Tony Atlas, Don Kernodle, Billy Jack Haynes, Jose Luis Rivera, Jimmy Valiant, Jules Strongbow, Samula, SD Jones, Charlie Fulton, Eddie Gilbert, Salvatore Bellomo, and Frankie Williams. That's by far the biggest 1-day exodus of talent I've seen from one promotion - it's almost half of their roster, as they're left with 21 active wrestlers. I'm not aware of them having any financial problems, so I'd expect them to pick up a bunch of new talent shortly.

-OK, I'm told Mike Shaw (AKA Bastian Booger and Norman the Lunatic) is dating 80's diva Candi Divine. Disturbing.

-The dirt sheets are hyping the potential of Matt Bourne (currently wrestling for mid-south)

-I've re-signed Al Perez for 9 more months, Al gets a nice raise from $150/show to $425/show.

-Road Agent Bronco Lubich resigns, getting a raise from $875/show to $975/show

-Buddy Landell just started a (potentially) big angle for him - fortunately, that kind of leverage is outside the scope of the AI. So he resigns for a modest raise - $1,475/show to $1,575/show, and a $1,000 downside. Landell has been around for almost 9 months, and he hasn't really done all that much in terms of angles, but he's delivered OK matches here and there. He has 6 matches rated at least B- in that time. He's about to get the biggest push of his career.

-Roddy Piper and Bruno Sammartino are grumbling about their current roles (or non-roles, in the case of Piper). Piper is scheduled to return to WCCW at June Star Wars, hosting Piper's Pit with guest Gino Hernandez. Despite all my threats, I just can't seem to cut the guy loose. A Gino/Piper feud sounds like fun to me.

Last edited by molson : 12-07-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:50 PM   #523
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 4, June 1984
Amarillo, TX (Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 2,504 Ticket prices: Default
Actual Attendance: 2,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Roddy Piper, just off his 1-month suspension, doesn't show up for the show. It's a good thing I didn't advertise him. He's a complete loose cannon, I've lost track of his no-shows and lateness.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) defeated Owen Hart in 8:45 by pinfall. (C+). The two showed poor chemistry.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
The Road Warriors defeat Al Perez & Doug Somers in 6:59 when Animal pinned Perez. (D+). Perez was exhausted by the end of the match. The Road Warriors looked good. After the match, The Road Warriors cut a promo. (D+)

-Arturo Mendoza defeated Tommy Rodgers in 8:46 by submission. (B-). The two showed good chemistry. Mendoza looked good.

-Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeated The Villanos in 10:33 when Eaton pinned Villano IV in a surprisingly competitive match. (B+) Eaton & Ware looked good. After the match, Eaton & Ware hyped their lumberjack match with The Sheepherders at June Star Wars, claiming that finally, they'll get a shot in a regular match without having to worry about Skandor Akbar's interference. (C+)

-David and Kevin Von Erich come to the ring. David says that everyone saw what happened at the TV show last week - he's not sure what punishment Kevin faces, but they're prepared for the worst. They expect an announcement to come down from the board of directors by the middle of the week. David also says that Mike was injured by Terry Gordy in the steel cage match, and that he won't be able to team with them tonight in their scheduled six-man tag team title shot against The Freebirds. David then introduces their substitute partner, a man who has been an ally of the Von Erichs for several years now - Iceman King Parsons. (B+). Parsons comes to the ring and cuts a lengthy promo, putting over the Von Erichs and asking the rest of WCCW to stand up against The Freebirds. (C)

-Tiger Mask defeats Frank Dusek (w/Gary Hart) in 7:38 by pinfall. (C+) Dusek seemed off his game. After the match, Arturo Mendoza appears in the entrance-way, insults Tiger Mask, and challenges him to a fight. Tiger Mask leaves the ring to confront Mendoza, when he is attacked from behind by King Kong Bundy, who came around through the crowd to trap Tiger Mask. The two briefly attacked Tiger Mask 2-1 in the entrance-way. (B).

-Gino Hernandez defeats Super Kendo in 7:36 by pinfall. (C+). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Gino cut a lengthy promo, putting over the Von Erichs, insulting the Freebirds, and arrogantly hyping himself. (B).

-The Freebirds come to the ring and cut a promo, hyping their Six-Man-Tag Team Title defense tonight. They say that at the TV Show this week, the WCCW board of directors will be handing down their sanctions against Kevin Von Erich. Michael Hayes says that he expects that tonight is the last time you'll see Kevin in a WCCW ring. (B-)

-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match
The Freebirds defeat David Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich, and Iceman Parsons in 19:29 by DQ after Kevin lost his temper again and struck Gordy with a chair, re-opening the wound on his head. (C+). The Freebirds make their 2nd defense of their titles. Parsons was tiring towards the end of the match. Gordy and David stood out.

THOUGHTS

-Good show despite the lackluster main event. Though it was good exposure for Parsons - it was probably his first ever main-event match

-Awesome promo by Gino Hernandez, even though he couldn't quite carry Super Kendo to any kind of memorable match.

-I was amazed by the B+ rating in the Villanos v. Koko/Eaton match. Koko/Eaton are just an amazing tag team right now, and the Villanos continue to improve.

-Mendoza/Rodgers was also solid as well. Rodgers is winding down his time in the company.

-The Kabuki/Tiger Mask v. Mendoza/Bundy feud really doesn't have a whole of of direction right now, I just keep throwing various combinations of them together for matches and attacks.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:56 PM   #524
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Word is that Mid-Atlantic and Ric Flair have called off negotiations, and Flair will leave when his contract is up in the next few weeks. That will leave him unemployed, as he doesn't currently work for anyone else. I'm probably not in a position where I can make a play for him, but it will be interesting to see where he ends up, or if he'll just stay on the sidelines. Dusty Rhodes has taken the opportunity to tell a radio station that he's "carrying" Mid-Atlantic. And for the record, the NWA World Champion (a title based in Mid-Atlantic) is still Ivan Koloff.

-Buddy Roberts is exhausted after the last show.

-As I stated, Piper completely no-showed the last show. And Kevin Von Erich was late again. I need both for the TV show and June Star Wars this week, so I'll hold off punishment until the end of the week.

-The dirt sheets are hyping up Iceman Parsons again, which coincides with the push I've been giving him.

-I don't if I've mentioned (or noticed) this before, but WCCW is now the 2nd most prestigious promotion in the world, behind only the WWF. That's a combination of my prestige rising, and others falling. I was 9th or 10th when the game began - since then I've surpassed (or outlived) New Japan, Florida (dead), All Japan, AWA, Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre, Georgia, Joint Promotions (dead), and Mid-Atlantic.

Last edited by molson : 12-08-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:32 AM   #525
BYU 14
Coordinator

This has turned into one of my favorite dynasties ever, just the amount of set up work with the TEW interface makes this a herculean effort. Goodd stuff as always Molson.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:49 PM   #526
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 4, June 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Tommy Rodgers defeats Al Perez in 3:38 by pinfall. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Buddy Landell drew with Frank Dusek (w/Gary Hart) in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (C). After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Landell about his Cruiserweight Title Match with Mike Von Erich at June Star Wars. Landell says that he knows that Mike is injured after the beatings from Terry Gordy, but it's his understanding that the board of directors has ordered that the match go on on as scheduled. Landell says he has no impact in WCCW politics, so he'll be there ready to wrestle. (C-)

-As the show starts, Lance Russell addresses the audience with a somber tone. He states that due to Kevin's action at least week's TV show (his brutal attack of Terry Gordy), the WCCW board of directors has suspended him for 1 year. Russell says he has not yet received any comment from David, who is not in the arena tonight (D+).

-Russell is interrupted by the Freebirds theme music - all 3 Freebirds (including Gordy with a bandage on his head) come to the ring. Hayes cuts a delirious promo about the domination of the Freebirds, and hypes their recent accomplishments. They brag about ridding WCCW of almost all of the Von Erichs: Fritz, Kerry, and Kevin are are all gone, and that if injured Mike doesn't show up to defend his Cruiserweight title at June Star Wars, he'll be suspended indefinitely as well. All that remains, says Hayes, is David and the World Heavyweight Championship - and this Saturday, the Freebirds will both take the gold, and take David out of WCCW. (B-)

-After the promo, Russell introduces a video package that recaps the career highlights of Kevin Von Erich. Russell wonders aloud whether we'll ever see Kevin in a WCCW ring again. (C)

-The announce crew of Russell, Marc Lowerence and Lord Alfred Hayes then try to improve the mood of the fans by announcing and hyping tonight's double main event. First, they say, there will be a 1-on-1 match-up of legends, two of the greatest in the history of wrestling, facing each other tonight for the first time ever. Bob Backlund v. Bruno Sammartino. (B-). Also, Gino Hernandez will stand up for the legacy of the Von Erichs, as he goes 1-on-1 with Freebird Michael Hayes. (B+)

-The Great Kabuki comes to the ring for the opening match, and performs his bizarre green mist ritual. (C+). His opponent, Doug Somers, appears terrified.

-The Great Kabuki defeats Doug Somers in 8:20 by pinfall. (C+)

-Bobby Eaton defeated Butch Miller (w/Skandor Akbar) in 6:57 when Skandor Akbar interfered. (B). As Eaton was leaving the ringside area, Akbar grabbed a mic in the ring and taunted Eaton, eventually luring Eaton back to the ring. Once Eaton arrived, Luke Williams showed up and the 3-1 attack was on. The Sheepherders and Skandor Akbar focussed on Eaton's right knee - in a clear attempt to weaken Eaton before the Tag Team Title Match at June Star Wars Saturday Night. (B)

-Non-Title Match
Buddy Jack Roberts drew with Iceman Parsons in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (C). After the match, Ted Dibiase showed up out of nowhere and attacked Parsons. He grabbed a mic, and yelled at Parsons, demanding the rematch that Parsons has previously rejected, before leaving Parsons laying. (C)

-Bruno Samartino cut a promo hyping his match with Bob Backlund. Sammartino says this is a match he's thought about for many years. (B)

-Bob Backlund defeated Bruno Sammartino in 14:45 by submission. (B-). The two legends showed mutual respect.

-Gino Hernandez came to the ring to cut a lengthy promo, putting over the Von Erichs and insulting The Freebirds. He says it's a disgrace that more WCCW wrestlers haven't come out openly in support of the Von Erichs, and says that he thinks there's a bunch of cowards on the roster. As long as he's around, Gino says, life will never be too easy for The Freebirds. (B+)

-Gino Hernandez defeated Michael Hayes in 12:56 by submission. (B). After the match, Terry Gordy storms the ring and tries to take out Gino, but Hernandez repels the attack, sending Gordy through the ropes to the arena floor as the show ends.

-Another pretty depressing show for WCCW marks, but at least Gino sends them home happy.

-Another low point for the Von Erichs, as Kevin is suspended 1 year. But the Von Erichs may have something up their collective sleeve - an offer that the Freebirds can't refuse.

-Bob Backlund has been slowly creeping towards babyface status for months now, and his "respectful" match with Bruno is another small step. He'll get involved in the Von Erich/Freebird war (what's left of it), before long.

-I'm not hyping the "big monthly events" as much as I used to because with a wider national TV audience, they're not as big a deal, since we're still pre-PPV era, and the big monthly event are just glorified house shows. Starting in 1985 though, PPVs are allowed, and our business plan will change yet again.

Last edited by molson : 12-15-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:05 AM   #527
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Buddy Roberts is exhausted after the last show. I've used him in 77 matches since the dynasty started, I can't imagine I've used anyone else much more.

-The TV show got a 2.18 rating. That's a ridiculous increase from the 1.39 we got last week, and easily the most watched show in WCCW history. I don't know the reason for the jump, but I'll take it.

-I noted a few days ago that the WWF had cleared out half their roster, and I expected them to go on spending spree, I guess in an effort to freshen things up. Today, they've made offers to 5 of our wrestlers - David, Kevin, Kerry, Bundy, and Koko B. Ware. The Von Erichs have always stayed loyal, but I wonder if Kerry's getting impatient, having not made an appearance in many months (though he does have a downside guarantee). I'm not worried about any of them going to work for Vince exclusively.

-Scott Irwin defeated Tony Garea to win the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Irwin had a 3-month reign as WWF World Champion earlier this year, and now has become their second "Triple Crown" winner (if you include his tag team title run as 1/2 of the Yukon Lumberjacks in the 70s).

Last edited by molson : 12-15-2007 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:34 PM   #528
molson
General Manager

WCCW: June Star Wars
Saturday, Week 4, June 1984
Fort Worth, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 5,159 Ticket prices: +$1 Over Default
Actual Attendance: 3,999

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Jose Lothario defeats Doug Somers in 6:51 by pinfall. (C). Lothario seemed off his game. After the match, Lothario grabbed a mic and thanked the fans for coming out tonight - he expects a great show. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Brian Adias defeats Al Perez in 4:52 by pinfall. (D-). After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Adias about the match, and the recent events in WCCW. Adias says he still regrets working with Gary Hart for so long, but he promises the fans he's standing by the Von Erichs in their tough times. (C-)

-Buddy Roberts and Terry Gordy come out to start the show, looking a little nervous. They say that they just got a call from Michael Hayes, who missed a flight and isn't going to be here tonight. They claim that he was mobbed by fans at the airport, and this created a "security hazard". Roberts says he's been on the phone for the last few hours with members of the WCCW board of directors, trying to secure a replacement for Hayes in tonight's 4-Corners Match for the WCCW World Heavyweight Title. He says nothing's finalized yet, but no matter what happens, a Freebird is walking out tonight with the World Title. (C+)

-2 v. 3 Handicap Match
The Road Warriors defeat Villanos IV, V, and Super Kendo in 7:31 when Animal pinned Kendo. (C-). The performance of the Road Warriors stood out. (C-). After the match, the Road Warriors cut a promo, saying that despite their dominance, they've been held down the card, and not given any real competition. They say it's because the Freebirds fear the Road Warriors. (C-)

-Gary Hart comes to the ring with Frank Dusek for Dusek's match, and Hart hypes a promo, saying this is a big night for his stable, with all 3 members in action. (C-)

-Frank Dusek (w/Gary Hart) defeated Tommy Rodgers in 6:37 by pinfall. (C). After Hart and Dusek left the ring, Nikita Koloff and Boris Malenko appear out of nowhere and choke out Rodgers with Koloff's steel chain. (C). Malenko then cuts a promo saying that they had some "unfinished business" with Rodgers. He then turns his attention to Koloff's opponent tonight - Bruno Sammartino, who, Malenko says, can expect more of the same. (C+)

-Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Mike Von Erich about his upcoming WCCW Cruiserweight Title Defense against Buddy Landell. Hayes asks Mike about his physical condition after the repeated attacks from Terry Gordy this month. Mike says that honestly, he's in "tough shape" after suffering a couple of concussions and a shoulder injury, but that he was given no choice - he must defend the title tonight or lose it, per the WCCW board of directors. (C-)

Buddy Landell defeats Mike Von Erich in 5:21 by submission to win the WCCW Cruiserweight Championship. (D). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Landell cut a promo hyping his title win - he says the circumstances weren't perfect though, and he guarantees Mike a rematch when he's back to 100%. (C)

-Gary Hart came to the ring with Arturo Mendoza & King Kong Bundy, saying he's already 1-0 tonight with Frank Dusek's win, and that he's about to go to 2-0 with his clients' upcoming victory in the Texas Tornado match. He says this rivalry between Mendoza/Bundy and Kabuki/Tiger Mask is a personal one. Hart talks about bringing Kabuki to the U.S., only to have him turn on Hart like some kind of "sneaky Jap" (hey, it's 1984). Meanwhile, Tiger Mask disgraced Arturo Mendoza in the most classless way imaginable - cheating in a mask v. mask mask to force Arturo Mendoza to take off his mask. (C+)

-Texas Tornado Match (All 4 men in the ring at the same time).
Arturo Mendoza & King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) defeated Tiger Mask & The Great Kabuki in 12:58 when Mendoza pinned Tiger Mask after a wild spot-fest. (B-). Bundy hit an avalanche on Kabuki which allowed Hart's men to control the match 2-1.

-Piper's Pit: Special Guest - Gino Hernandez.
Roddy Piper comes to the Piper's Pit set and makes his first appearance since losing the Iron Man Match to David Von Erich several months ago. He introduces Hernandez, who immediately mocks Piper for his blowout loss in that match. Piper tries to interview Hernandez, but Gino turns it around, asking Piper if he'll ever show his face in a WCCW ring again, or if he simply won't be able to overcome the humiliation. The two trade insults for several minutes before things get heated, and Hernandez challenges Piper to a match tonight. Piper backs off from the set, keeps his distance from Gino, and says that this show is no longer secure - Piper says he's suspending Piper's Pit until he can find an adequate bodyguard to help keep order from hot-heads like Hernandez. An angry Gino trashes the Piper's Pit set. (B).

-The Sheepherders and Skandor Akbar come to the ring for the Lumberjack World Tag Team Title Match. The Sheepheders look to be in a good mood - Skandor Akbar explains that as everyone saw on the TV show this week, Eaton injured his knee at the hands of The Sheepherders and won't be able to compete tonight. They say the match will go on, 2-1. (B). Akbar then says he has a special treat for the Fort Worth fans, as a giant video screen is lowered from the ceiling. Akbar says that they have compiled a highlight video of the Sheepherder/Eaton & Ware rivarly. The video plays - it's a one-sided look that shows all of Eaton & Ware's defeats and various attacks at the hands of The Sheepherders over the last several months. (B-). Koko. B. Ware and the Lumberjacks then come to the ring, and the match begins. The Sheepherders dominate Koko early, until Ware is able to dropkick Butch Miller out of the ring. There, The Road Warriors (acting as lumberjacks) get involved, and manhandle Miller, and then Luke Williams as well, when he tries to help out. Now with a little momentum, Koko holds his own until Bobby Eaton makes a surprising return, evening the odds. (B)

-Lumberjack Rules. The Lumberjacks are: Jose Lothario, Doug Somers, Villano IV, Villano V, Super Kendo, The Road Warriors, Brian Adias, Al Perez, Frank Dusek, and Buddy Landell.
Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeat The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar) in 14:47 to win the WCCW World Tag Team Championship. (C). The performance of Koko B. Ware stood out.

-Nikita Koloff (w/Boris Malenko) defeats Bruno Samartino in 8:33 by pinfall. (C). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Boris Malenko holds up the Soviet flag, and Koloff salutes it. (C+)

-Lance Russell comes to the ring, and announces that just a few minutes ago, he received word from the back about who Michael Hayes' replacement will be in the main event. He says it's a man who has held titles all over the United States and Japan, and even though this will be his first WCCW match, his track record proves he's a worthy contender for the World Title. Russell introduces - Dick Murdock, who comes to the ring. (D+).

-With Dick Murdock in the ring, Terry Gordy and Buddy Roberts approach as well, both looking somewhat wary of Murdock, but they both nervously converse with him. Russell asks what the conversation is about, and Roberts grabs a mic, saying it's none of Russell's business. He says that the Freebirds and the WCCW board of directors are all about bringing world class talent to WCCW, and Murdoch is the latest example. Roberts then tries to butter Murdoch up, calling him the toughest, meanest wrestler in the world. Murdoch then grabs the mic away from Roberts, and says that he knows what they all talked about, and maybe Murdoch will help the Freebirds out tonight. But if he changes his mind, Murdoch says, he might just kick everyone's ass and take the gold himself. (C)

-Four-Corners Elimination Rules
David Von Erich defeated Dick Murdoch, Terry Gordy, and Buddy Roberts in 24:31 to make his 9th defense of the World Title. David started the match with Murdoch. Gordy and Roberts left the apron and watched Murdoch wear David down from outside the ring. Murdoch was DQ'd (and the 1st eliminated from the match), after losing his temper and throwing David over the top rope, and shoving the referee. Murdoch looked pissed off, and the Freebirds were elated. With David weakened, Roberts & Gordy take turns in the ring pummeling David. They can't keep it up however, and David rolls Roberts up for a pin, eliminating him. Gordy seems fresher than David when they're down to 1-on-1, but David makes a comeback and gets Gordy to submit with the Iron Claw. (B).

-After the match, an exhausted David addresses the crowd, thanking them for his support. He says that he and his family haven't gotten the same support from some of his fellow wrestlers in the locker room. He says that at the TV show next week, we'll find out, once and for all, who's with The Von Erichs, and who's against them. (C+)

THOUGHTS:

-A pretty disappointing overall show, thanks to some very disappointing matches.

-First of all, Michael Hayes wasn't a no-show, he was booked by the WWF in a show that must have just been scheduled this month (since it didn't show up on my start-of-the-month conflict check). So the last second switch definitely hurt the main event. Backlund was my first choice to sub in, but he was also booked by the WWF in the same show. So I decided to debut Murdoch - the idea, if it wasn't clear in the recap, was that the Freebirds had arranged for Murdoch to be "friendly" towards their title aspirations in the main event, but Roberts & Gordy weren't totally confident with the arrangement and prospect of trusting Murdoch. Then Murdoch went and got himself DQ'd - the question is, did he do it on purpose to help the Freebirds, or did he just lose his temper?

-Nikita Koloff is continuing his nice push - he takes out Tommy Rodgers again (and that'll be it for Rodgers in WCCW), and cleanly defeats his uncle's old nemesis, Bruno Sammartino.

-The disappointment of the night was the tag title match - I guess the Lumberjack Rules just didn't click. These guys have wrestled "A" matches, so to get a "C" match in the feud's blowoff was not what I expected. The Sheepherders were the longest running champions in WCCW, having held the titles for 4 months, and 7 title defenses

-The Road Warriors made something of a "statement", getting physically involved in that match, as well as with their "lack of respect" promo earlier in the show. This would have been a great chance to work in Paul Ellering to help bring them "guidance" and better matchups, but Paul turned us down.

-Another new champion is Buddy Landell, who defeated an injured Mike Von Erich, with indirect help from Terry Gordy's attacks the last few weeks. Mike's reign only lasted 1 month, with 2 title defenses.

-I only raised the ticket prices a dollar over default, and somehow lost more than 1,000 people from the expected attendance. That'll cost me some money it what has been a pretty expensive month.

Last edited by molson : 12-19-2007 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:05 PM   #529
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Koko B. Ware, Arturo Mendoza, and Road Warrior Hawk are exhausted after the last show.

-Bruno Sammartino is grumbling about both his role, and his recent defeats. His comeback might not last too much longer.

-Buddy Roberts is also complaining, about his role as an Upper Midcarder - he wants to be pushed as a main eventer. I don't have room for him there unless I swap him with Michael Hayes, and I ain't doing that.

-Terry Gordy arrived late to the last show. He just gets a warning, I don't recall his lateness being an issue in the past.

-Adrian Adonis has officially been off-screen enough for his new gimmick to take effect. He'll debut that in the next week or two. Without mentioning it in the dynasty, I've tweaked a few other gimmicks recently after they were becoming stale. Kevin Von Erich, like Kerry is now a "Rebel" (which he showed off by losing it against Terry Gordy). King Kong Bundy is now an "Evil Giant", and Marc Lowerence is now a "Staff Member".

-Dick the Bruiser has officially announced his retirement. His last match was a loss to Sgt. Rene Goulet at an AWA show. He had been wrestling exclusively for AWA since we bought out his WWA about a year ago. He held 27 championships in his career, including the AWA and WWA Heavyweight Titles.

-The Original Shiek also retires. He hadn't wrestled for almost a year - his last match was last July, a loss to Dick Slater for Maple Leaf Wrestling.

-Central States Wrestling (based in St. Louis) has gone out of business. Their final Heavyweight Champion was Ted Oates, who had ended the 20-month reign of Manny Fernandez. Their final Tag Team Champions were Roger Kirby and Crusher Ayala, and the last TV champ was Roger Kirby.
Their demise leaves AWA as the only midwest-based promotion

-POWW, the midwest-based women's wrestling promotion also goes under, after only 5 months in business. The demise of CSW and POWW leaves AWA as the only surviving midwest promotion. There are 12 surviving US promotions in all.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:31 PM   #530
molson
General Manager

WCCW - END OF JUNE, 1984 - MONTHLY REVIEW

POPULARITY

-Texas/Midsouth: 66.2% (Same as last month)
-Midwest: 59.8% (Up from 58.8% last month)
-Southeast: 45.4% (up from 43.1% last month)
-Great Lakes: 40.4% (up from 38.8% last month)
-Mid Atlantic: 40.4% (up from 38.8% last month)
-New England: 40.4% (up from 38.8% last month)
-North West: 40.4% (up from 38.8% last month)
-Tri-State: 40.4% (up from 38.8% last month)
-Southwest: 40.3% (up from 38.7% last month)
-Puerto Rico: 37.6% (Same as last month)
-Northern Mexico: 30.7% (same as last month)

-The effect of the new TV on TBS is shown with pretty good increases across the country. We're now over 40% everywhere in the US.

FINANCES

Income (Last month in parenthesis):

Ticket Sales: 486,051 (399,423)
Sponsors: 75,772 (66,211)
Merchandise: 18,000 (27,120)

Expenses:

Worker Costs: 297,650 (212,550)
Show Costs: 113,500 (78,500)
Marketing: 25,000 (25,000)
Merchandise: 44,768 (43,984)
Production: 50,000 (50,000)
Misc: 147,210 (129,897)

Total Profit: $-123,225 ($-47,117)
Cash in Bank: $578,928 (702,153)

-Ouch - we took a hit on the bottom line this month, losing $123k. A couple of ticket price mistakes hurt my income, while I didn't show much restraint in terms of talent costs. July is going to have to be a conservative month - all shows in Texas, some big stars sitting out.

-I'm going to do an experiment with merchandise. I've let the AI control everything to this point, and merchandise has been a money loser even with the most conservative settings. But TEW does give you an option to customize everything by wrestler. You can set the amount of merchandise produced per wrestler (5 levels from very low to very high, and what kind of merchandise). And at the end of the month, I guess I get some numbers on who sold what.

-So, I'll give it a shot, starting slow. In addition to the generic WCCW-brand merchandise, I introduce the following this month:

Medium Level:
-David Von Erich (T-shirts, Posters, Foam Hands, Toys)

Low Level:
-Bobby Eaton (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Koko B. Ware (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Bruno Sammartino (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Buddy Jack Roberts (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Gino Hernandez (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Iceman Parsons (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Kerry Von Erich (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Kevin Von Erich (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Michael Hayes (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Roddy Piper (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Terry Gordy (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Tiger Mask (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)

Very Low Level
-Bob Backlund (T-Shirts)
-Brian Adias (T-Shirts)
-Buddy Landell (T-Shirts)
-Mike Von Erich (T-Shirts)
-The Road Warriors (T-Shirts)
-The Great Kabuki (T-Shirts)
Old 12-17-2007, 09:45 AM   #531
General Mike
Pro Starter

For anyone who cares about the history of World Class, and the recent DVD released by the WWE, Karl Stern reviewed it in a free show over at figurefouronline.com. Here's a link and a description:

http://www.f4wonline.com/free/121607ks.mp3

Today the time machine goes back to the era of World Class Championship Wrestling as I review the new WWE Triumph and Tragedy of World Class DVD. An emotional offering from WWE about a territory where almost everybody ended up dead. The Von Erichs reigned supreme (for a while). The Freebirds reunited and more. Plus, I tell you why I developed the opinion there may never have been a more despicable human being than World Class promoter Fritz Von Erich after watching this disk. Best of all, it's FREE, so please feel free to post the link or file elsewhere and help spread the word about figurefouronline.com!
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:40 AM   #532
hoosierdude
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
WCCW - END OF JUNE, 1984 - MONTHLY REVIEW

Snip for space on quote..

-I'm going to do an experiment with merchandise. I've let the AI control everything to this point, and merchandise has been a money loser even with the most conservative settings. But TEW does give you an option to customize everything by wrestler. You can set the amount of merchandise produced per wrestler (5 levels from very low to very high, and what kind of merchandise). And at the end of the month, I guess I get some numbers on who sold what.

-So, I'll give it a shot, starting slow. In addition to the generic WCCW-brand merchandise, I introduce the following this month:

Medium Level:
-David Von Erich (T-shirts, Posters, Foam Hands, Toys)

Low Level:
-Bobby Eaton (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Koko B. Ware (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Bruno Sammartino (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Buddy Jack Roberts (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Gino Hernandez (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Iceman Parsons (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Kerry Von Erich (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Kevin Von Erich (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Michael Hayes (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Roddy Piper (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Terry Gordy (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)
-Tiger Mask (T-Shirts, Posters, Foam Hands)

Very Low Level
-Bob Backlund (T-Shirts)
-Brian Adias (T-Shirts)
-Buddy Landell (T-Shirts)
-Mike Von Erich (T-Shirts)
-The Road Warriors (T-Shirts)
-The Great Kabuki (T-Shirts)

I definitely will be watching to see how this goes for you Molson. I was contemplating this myself in a modified both CVerse and a DoTT universe.

Thanks for a great read, and fun to see what would have happened.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud - Sophocles"
hoosierdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:06 PM   #533
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
For anyone who cares about the history of World Class, and the recent DVD released by the WWE, Karl Stern reviewed it in a free show over at figurefouronline.com. Here's a link and a description:

I fast-forwarded through most of the WWE WCCW DVD last night, and will try to watch the whole thing sometime this week.

As great as the Heroes of WCCW documentary was, the WWE production values really make a huge difference in a story as tragic as this one.

The music, the lighting, the footage created a much different mood. There were a few participants that weren't in the Hereos version (Scott Irwin, Jimmy Garvin, Buddy Roberts). And the guys who were in both, particularly Gary Hart and Kevin, both seemed much more organized here in their thoughts - obviously the WWE produces a more streamlined, organized final product.

I picked up a few new things I never heard before (Scott Irwin was the last to see David alive, and one of the first to find him dead - listening to him was the first time I ever considered that David's death MIGHT not have been an OD after all, and that Kevin discovered Chris' body after running into him in the woods a few hours earlier).

Bottom line, it looked great from what I saw, and I can't wait to see the whole thing.

Last edited by molson : 12-17-2007 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:46 PM   #534
molson
General Manager

WCCW CHAMPIONS - End Of JUNE, 1984

-World Heavyweight Champion - 89.1% Prestige (Up from 85.2% Last Month)
Main Event Title
David Von Erich - 9 Title Defenses, 2-month reign.

-Television Champion - 66.1% Prestige (up from 65.5% last month)
Midcard Title
Buddy Jack Roberts - 3 Title Defenses, 3-month reign

-World Tag Team Champions - 66.8% Prestige (Up from 66.0% Last Month)
Midcard Title
Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware - Newly Crowned.

-Six-Man Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (Same as last month)
Midcard Title
The Freebirds - 2 title defenses, 10-week reign

-Cruiserweight Championship - 31.2% Prestige (Up from 29.8% last month)
Low Level Title
Buddy Landell (Newly Crowned)

-I think I've finally settled on the 5 championships that will be around for a while. I still hate TV titles in general, but this one still has some history, and a purpose, since most World Title Matches are not on TV. I'm also still not a fan of 6-man tag titles, but in WCCW, when you have the Freebirds and Von Erichs running around, I guess it makes sense.

-Someday I'd like to replace with the TV Title with a reborn Texas Heavyweight Championship, but that's a long way off.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:24 PM   #535
molson
General Manager

WCCW STORYLINES - END OF JUNE, 1984

Storylines with participants and date of origin, in order of current heat:

1. Freebirds v. Von Erichs; recently evolved for the second time, (David, Kerry, Mike, Kevin, Fritz, Gordy, Hayes, Roberts; September)
2. Arturo Mendoza v. Tiger Mask (Mendoza, King Kong Bundy, Tiger Mask, Great Kabuki; April)
3. Tag Team Title feud; (Koko, Eaton, The Sheepherders; January)
4. Parsons/Dibiase Race Ange; (Dibiase, Parsons; June)
5. Koloff Push; (Koloff, Backlund, Sammartino, Road Warriors, Lothario, Rodgers, Hart).

-Lower Midcarders or higher without current storylines: Gino Hernandez, Dick Murdoch, Roddy Piper, Adrian Adonis, Ricky Morton, Buddy Landell, Frank Dusek)

-Freebirds/Von Erichs is obviously the focus of the company, but I'm trying to have some interesting stuff brewing underneath.

-Sheepherders v. Koko/Eaton has officially ended, though I was hoping to evolve it into Sheepherders v. Road Warriors (Unfortunately, The Road Warriors will be future parts of the Nikita Koloff angle, so they're not available here.

WRESTLER CONFLICTS

-The following wrestlers are unavailable on these days in July, as they consider these companies priorities over WCCW:

-Bob Backlund (Sundays, 4th Monday)
-Michael Hayes (Sundays, 4th Monday)

-We're down to two with conflicts, as I've surpassed Mid-Atlantic in prestige (which means Gary Hart now considers us his #1 priority). These conflicts will only effect us on our week 4 house shows. We've come a long way, and hopefully we're not too far from displacing the WWF as the most prestigious promotion in the world.

EXCLUSIVE WORKERS

-These are the on-screen workers who happen to work for no one else but me. I'll try to give them a heavier workload, as they're the least likely to have fatigue issues. These guys are also relatively safer when it comes to talent cuts:

-Al Perez
-Brian Adias
-Buddy Landell
-Bronco Lubich
-Bruno Sammartino
-David Manning
-The Sheepherders
-David Von Erich
-Dick Murdoch
-Doug Sommers
-Frank Dusek
-Fritz Von Erich
-Gino Hernandez
-Iceman Parsons
-Jose Lothario
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Von Erich
-Lance Russell
-Lord Alfred Hayes
-Marc Lowerence
-Mike Von Erich
-Owen Hart
-Super Kendo
-Terry Gordy
-The Great Kabuki
-Tommy Rodgers
-Villano IV
-Villano V

WRESTLER COMPLAINTS

-Bruno Sammartino is extremely annoyed with how he has been pushed.
-Fritz Von Erich is unhappy with how often he has not been used on shows.
-Ricky Morton is extremely unhappy with how often he has not been used on shows.
-Roddy Piper is very unhappy with how often he has not been used on shows.

There's a little more unhappiness then there was last month, but everything is manageable. Ricky Morton's contract is up in 5 days and he won't be renewed. Roddy Piper is about to start a pretty high-profile feud with Gino Hernandez. Bruno is grumpy, but he won't be an active wrestler for long. And Fritz obviously wants to be on TV in some capacity, and I'll have an angle for him (and the rest of the Von Erichs) brewing over the next few months.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:53 PM   #536
molson
General Manager

ROSTER, END OF JUNE 1984.

MAIN EVENTERS

Terry Gordy
Bob Backlund
Michael Hayes
David Von Erich
Gino Hernandez
Roddy Piper

-Roddy Piper moves back up to the main event as I decide to give him yet another chance. He's a loose cannon, he's burned me more than once, he's underachieved, but I look at his stats, and I just can't cut him loose. I'll book him similar to how he was booked in mid-80s WWF - primarily in interview segments, with the occasional high profile match. He just kicked off a feud with Gino Hernandez.

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Ted Dibiase
Buddy Roberts
Koko B. Ware
Adrian Adonis
Kerry Von Erich
Kevin Von Erich
Bobby Eaton
Dick Murdoch

-Piper moved up to the main event, Kevin moves up to this group from the midcard, and Dick Murdoch debuts as an Upper Midcard heel.

-Kevin gets bumped back up here even though he's "suspended" - as the Von Erich/Freebirds feud is about to reach a climax.

-Adrian Adonis, who hasn't been seen since a then-face Roddy Piper shaved his head several months ago, will return this month with a new gimmick.

-I considered putting Murdoch right in the main event, but with so much else going on storyline-wise, it makes sense to have him win matches for a while first, until the main angle runs it's course.

MIDCARDERS

Arturo Mendoza
Tiger Mask
Nikita Koloff
The Road Warriors
The Sheepherders
Ricky Morton
King Kong Bundy
The Great Kabuki
iceman Parsons

-Same group as last month

-I considered moving Parsons up, but his stats and popularity don't quite warrant that. Still, he's in the middle of a storyline with Ted Dibiase that might help him get there.

-The Road Warriors are getting good experience squashing some of our veteran guys on the lower part of the roster. They're close to a push as well.

-Tiger Mask/Mendoza/Kabui/Bundy are all stuck in this storyline that isn't getting a whole lot of attention, but they're putting on a lot of good matches. I still expect Tiger Mask and Mendoza to be at the main event or close to it by the end of the year or early 1985.

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Brian Adias
Tommy Rodgers
Frank Dusek
Mike Von Erich
Buddy Landell

-Same group as last month.

-Landell wins the Cruiserweight Title, and is about to start a big storyline for him that should move him up to the midcard. The way the title is currently booked, there's not a whole lot of challenger (unless and until I open it up to guys like Tiger Mask and Mendoza). Maybe down the road I'll bring in international cruiserweights and make a late 90's WCW-like division, but with the limited TV time I now have, it makes more sense as something younger guys can fight over.

OPENERS

Super Kendo
Al Perez
Villano V
Villano IV
Doug Sommers

-No changes from last month

-Everyone here has a chance to be a star someday.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Owen Hart

-Owen has already improved some in his first 6 months, and he's getting a ton of ring time. I'm hoping that at some point, he's picked up by some other promotion as well.

OCCASIONAL WRESTLERS

Jose Lothario
Bruno Sammartino

-Bruno has wrestled 8 matches for WCCW, ranging from C- to B. But he'd rather be a road agent or non-wrestling character of some type.

OTHERS

Skandor Akbar
Gary Hart
Arman Hussein
Boris Malenko
Bill Mercer
Lance Russell
Lord Alfred Hayes
Marc Lowrence
David Manning
Bronco Lubich
Fritz Von Erich
JR Foley

CONTRACTS UP IN JULY & AUGUST:

Tommy Rodgers (4 days)
Ricky Morton (5 days)
The Great Kabuki (20 days)
Tiger Mask (34 days)
Skandor Akbar (37 days)
Terry Gordy (39 days)

-Rodgers and Morton will be gone this week when their contract is up. They both wanted too much money, and it's a perfect opportunity to trim the roster a little bit.

-I'd like to keep Kabuki (for roster stability - I'm trying to limit the changes in the 2nd year of the dynasty, but with our current financial situation, he's not a guy who I'm going to give a huge raise too).

Last edited by molson : 12-18-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:02 PM   #537
molson
General Manager

MOMENTUM, END OF JUNE, 1984

Current Momentum Rankings:

A:
Dick Murdoch
A-
Bob Backlund
B-
Bobby Eaton
Roddy Piper
Koko B. Ware
C+
Road Warrior Animal
Iceman Parsons
The Sheepherders
King Kong Bundy
Buddy Jack Roberts
Adrian Adonis
Arturo Mendoza
Gino Hernandez
David Von Erich
Kerry Von Erich
Terry Gordy
Kevin Von Erich
Tiger Mask

-Pretty surprising rankings, but I guess I understand momentum a little more when the "new star" is #1 after his first appearance. He's new, he's fresh, he started in a main event match, so he's the talk of the company.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:29 PM   #538
molson
General Manager

Half-year Records - 1984
(WCCW Only - includes tag matches and battle royals)
W-L-D

Adrian Adonis 6-3-1
Al Perez 2-22-2
Arturo Mendoza 13-5-2
Bob Backlund 14-6-2
Bobby Eaton 18-6-3
Brian Adias 9-11-0
Bruno Sammartino 3-4-1
Buddy Roberts 14-11-4
Buddy Landell 9-7-2
Butch Miller 13-10-2
David Von Erich 28-10-5
Dick Murdoch 0-1-0
Doug Somers 2-14-3
Frank Dusek 9-18-5
Gino Hernandez 5-1-0
Iceman Parsons 12-15-5
Jose Lothario 5-11-1
Kerry Von Erich 6-7-0
Kevin Von Erich 16-12-7
King Kong Bundy 12-13-1
Koko B. Ware 16-3-2
Luke Williams 11-10-2
Michael Hayes 10-19-3
Mike Von Erich 17-17-2
Nikita Koloff 15-8-1
Owen Hart 3-29-2
Ricky Morton 7-10-4
Road Warrior Animal 9-1-0
Road Warrior Hawk 10-1-0
Roddy Piper 11-3-3
Super Kendo 3-14-1
Ted Dibiase 10-1-3
Terry Gordy 16-6-1
The Great Kabuki 9-9-3
Tiger Mask 16-7-2
Tommy Rodgers 5-26-3
Villano IV 6-25-1
Villano IV 3-21-0
Old 12-23-2007, 02:22 PM   #539
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 1, July 1984
Arlington, TX (Very Small Venue)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Brian Adias. He says he's excited to take on one of Gary Hart's client's to show him he doesn't need him. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) defeats Brian Adias in 8:10 by pinfall. (B-). After the match, Hart cut a promo putting over King Kong Bundy. (C+)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment.
Right before the show was scheduled to start, Adrian Adonis showed up at the announce table, where Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed him. Hayes pointed out that Adonis looks much different than the last time we saw him several months ago - his hair has grown back, his typical "playboy" attire is gone, and he looks like a redneck - dirty t-shirt, boots, jeans. Adonis says on his time away, he spent time in Georgia and Mississippi, where he came across "real people", not like the phonies they have in Dallas and Arlington. Adonis says the world will see a new Adrian Adonis, starting tonight (C).

-As the show starts, Tiger Mask & Great Kabuki come to the ring for their tag team match. Kabuki performs his pre-match mist ritual. (B-)

-The Great Kabuki & Tiger Mask defeat Villanos IV & V in 12:02 when Tiger Mask pinned Villano IV. (C). Tiger Mask & Kabuki looked good.

-Nikita Koloff (w/Boris Malenko) defeated Road Warrior Animal in 9:09 by pinfall after Malenko hit Animal with Koloff's chain. (C+). After the match, Animal is slow to get to his feet when Koloff strikes him with the chain again. (C). Boris Malenko then cuts a promo - saying that while everyone's paying attention to the Freebirds and The Von Erichs, Koloff is dominating everything in his path. (C+)

The "new look" Adrian Adonis defeats Tommy Rodgers in 8:02 by pinfall. (C+)

Dick Murdoch defeats Jose Lothario in 10:31 by pinfall. (C+) Lothario seemed off his game, and was visibly tired towards the end of the match. After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Murdoch about his win and his plans in WCCW. (B-)

-Michael Hayes cut a lengthy promo putting down the Von Erichs, and hyped his world title shot against David Von Erich tonight. (B)

David Von Erich defeats Michael Hayes in 14:56 by pinfall to make his 10th defense of the World Title. (B). After the match, with David celebrating in the ring, Hayes re-enters the ring and attacks David. David, however, is able to quickly turn the table, and eventually throws Hayes from the ring again. (B-). After the match, David cuts a promo thanking the Texas fans for all of their support. He tells them to make sure to watch the TV show this week, because he claims we'll find out whether the wrestlers in the locker room are as supportive as the fans are. (C+)

-Ordinary, non-televised show with a decent enough rating.

-I was surprised to see Bundy and Adias wrestle a B- match on the pre-show. Bundy might be ready for the next level. He's been involved in 13 matches rated at least B- this year. He wrestled 5 in all of 1983 (since the dynasty started in April).

-Adonis debuts his "red-neck gimmick". He'll be a big part of the tv show this week to forward his new role.

-Another solid David/Hayes match, though it was the promos and angles around it that assured our B- overall rating.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:29 PM   #540
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-King Kong Bundy and Nikita Koloff are exhausted after the last show

-Buddy Landell arrived late to the last show. He's given a warning.

-Just when I was talking about how much Bundy has improved, the WWF has apparently noticed, and has signed him. He joins Michael Hayes and Bob Backlund and World Class wrestlers working for the WWF.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:11 AM   #541
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 1, July 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
-Non-Title Match
Buddy Landell defeats Super Kendo in 7:49 by submision. (D). Before the match, Marc Lowerence announced that the match would not be for the WCCW Cruiserweight Championship, as scheduled, since Kendo weighed more than the limit at the pre-match weigh-in.

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lance Russell announces that at the TV Taping tonight, there will be a 20-man over the top rope battle royal - the winner will get a shot at David's WCCW World Title at next week's show. (C)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lord Alfred Hayes interviews several wrestlers who will be taking part in the big battle royal tonight. The Road Warriors say they'll work together to make sure one of them gets the shot (C-). Dick Murdoch refused to discuss his business relationship with The Freebirds, but says that tonight, he's his own man, and he'll get the title shot with David. (C+). Bob Backlund says he's been screwed by the Freebird regime, and denied a title shot, so he'll take advantage of his chance tonight, and win the battle royal. (B)

-As the show starts, the announcers report the results of the June Star Wars event.

-Iceman Parsons comes to the ring - he cuts a promo hyping his TV Title match tonight with Buddy Roberts. Parsons says Roberts has been avoiding defending the title against him for a while, but tonight is his night to start his 2nd reign as TV champ. (C)

-WCCW Television Championship Match
Iceman Parsons defeats Buddy Roberts in 7:53 by countout after Roberts quit on the match and left the ringside area - Roberts retains the title. Roberts' performance stood out. (C+). After a few moments, Ted Dibiase and Arman Hussein enter the ring and attack Iceman Parsons once again. (B-) After a few minutes, Dibiase grabs a mic and tells Parsons this is his last chance - accept a rematch with Dibiase, and prove his prior win was a fluke, or the next attack will end Parsons' career. (B-). Parsons simply tells Dibiase "Hell No", and the attack resumes. Seconds later, however, David Von Erich hits the ring and fights off both Dibiase and Hussein. (C+)

-David Von Erich remains in the ring and cuts a lengthy promo. He again thanks the fans for their consistent support of his family. He says that he hasn't gotten the same support from some of the wrestlers in the locker room. He says he's not sure if they're all just angling for a title shot (which is fine with him), or if they're just too scared to stand up to the Freebirds regime. David says there are a handful of exceptions - Iceman Parsons has been a supporter of the family for years. In addition, Bruno Sammartino, Brian Adias, and Gino Hernandez have all come out publicaly in recent weeks in support of the Von Erichs. David says that's why he's teaming up with Sammartino and Hernandez tonight to challenge the Freebirds for the WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Title. David says he truly believes that the current state of WCCW, with the Freebirds controlling the board of directors, is bad for WCCW, for the fans, and for his fellow wrestlers. He says the time to fight back is now, and that you're either with David and the Von Erichs, or you're against them. David emphasizes that you don't have to like the Von Erichs to support their role in WCCW, and to support the elimination from power of the Freebirds. David says his own World Title has been effected - only Freebirds have gotten shots, leaving many other qualified challengers in the dark. So now, he's aiming to change that - he says there's one man who deserves a title shot more than any Freebird, and now, he's already signed the contract. David will defend the World Title at July Star Wars against who he feels in the true #1 contender - Bob Backlund. David then says this is a unique night - every WCCW wrester currently under contract is in the building, because of the big Battle Royal. So, David says, he's taking this opportunity to draw a line in the sand - he calls out every wrestler in the WCCW who supports the Von Erichs, and stands against the Freebirds. He tells them to come to the ring right now, or he'll know they're an enemy. Many WCCW wrestlers then enter the ring from the locker room: Backlund, Ware, Eaton, The Road Warriors, Kabuki, Tiger Mask, Rodgers, Landell, Kendo, Perez, Somers, The Villanos, Owen Hart, Sammartino, and Lothario. David looks around the ring, and focuses his attention on Buddy Landell. David further questions Landell - is he really "with us"? If so, why did he accept a Cruiserweight Title Match with an obviously injured Mike Von Erich, who had been injured at the hands of the Freebirds? Why not wait, David asks, and try to win the title like a man, when Mike was at his best? Landell denied all involvement with The Freebirds, but looked nervous. (C+)

-David is interrupted by The Freebirds' theme music. Gordy, Hayes, and Roberts appear in the entrance-way, flanked by every WCCW wrestler who isn't already in the ring (Piper, Adonis, Murdoch, Dibiase & Hussein, Koloff & Malenko, Gary Hart, Skandor Akbar, and their clients: Bundy, Mendoza, Dusek, and The Sheepherders.). Hayes says that the world already knew about the business relationship between The Freebirds & Akbar, and Gary Hart, but Hussein and Malenko have also signed contracts with The Freebirds as well. Michael Hayes claims that even though the Von Erichs would seem to have the numbers advantage - David can't trust who's in the ring with him. Hayes says that he knows for a fact that several of the wrestlers claiming loyalty have the same goal as Hayes - to rid WCCW of every Von Erich (C+)

-20-Man Battle Royal
-Winner Gets Shot at WCCW World Title Next Week
King Kong Bundy wins the Battle Royal, which also featured Adrian Adonis, Al Perez, Arturo Mendoza, Bob Backlund, Brian Adias, Dick Murdoch, Doug Somers, Frank Dusek, Jose Lothario, Nikita Koloff, Owen Hart, The Road Warriors, Ted Dibiase, The Great Kabuki, Tiger Mask, Tommy Rodgers, and The Villanos. (C+). The final six competitors were Bundy, Backlund, Murdoch, The Road Warriors, and Jose Lothario - none were able to get the huge Bundy over the top rope.

Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeated The Sheepherders in 12:34 by DQ after Miller struck Eaton with a ring bell. (B-). Eaton & Ware make their 1st defense of the Tag Team Titles. Williams looked off his game. Ware's performance stood out.

-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match
David Von Erich, Bruno Sammartino and Gino Hernandez defeated The Freebirds in 18:46 by DQ after consistent rule-breaking by The Freebirds - who retain the titles. (B) Hernandez stood out. During the match, a masked man showed up at ringside to interfere on the behalf of the Freebirds. However, Sammartino got a hold of him and neutralized his interference. David Von Erich then came over to unmask him - revealing Buddy Landell, who spent the rest of the match openly in the corner of the Freebirds. (C+)

THOUGHTS

-This was a pretty unique, fun show, and the overall rating was very good.

-David goes a little nuts and "draw a line in the sand" - the only guys who don't cross it as Von Erich supporters are those associated with Gary Hart, Skandor Akbar, Arman Hussein, or Boris Malenko (or Piper, Adonis, and Murdoch). There's a handful of other heels that "crossed the line" (most notably Bob Backlund), but that doesn't represent a face turn for them. Backlund has been a tweener for a while.

-Bundy winning the Battle Royal partly in response to a real-life wrestling pet-peeve of mine. Big guys always being hyped as the "favorite", yet never winning. Bundy was the biggest guy by far in that match, which should give him a huge advantage. And here, he pulls of the win.

-The tag team title rematch was almost an after-though on this show, but it was a good match. Eaton & Ware are both good enough to be huge singles stars, but I want to build up the tag team division a little bit in the 2nd half of 1984.

-I really liked that main event, and was glad to see it rated so well. It was fun to put Bruno in a WCCW main event, and it made sense at this point the dynasty to have that 3-man face pairing.

-And Buddy Landell is revealed as a Freebird ally - which makes sense, after how he got the Cruiserweight Title.

Last edited by molson : 12-28-2007 at 01:14 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:04 AM   #542
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Randy Savage surprises the wresting world by signing with the WWF - he had previously been considered too loyal to his father to leave ICW. I immediately request negotiations with Savage, to see if he's interested in extended his workload a little more. The WWF also continued their roster shake-up, firing longtime employee Tony Garea.

-I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but I had negotiated something of a "peace treaty" with Angelo Poffo's ICW, ending the "war" between us. The hope was that they might become a developmental territory for WCCW. I go ahead and make that offer, which is now pending. I am now currently "at war" only with Southwest Championship Wrestling, Southeastern Championship Wrestling, and the UWA. Since I'm not in a big talent acquisition mood, the "wars" are not a huge issue at this point.

-Rumor is that negotiations have broken down between the WWF and the Junkyard Dog - that's huge, as he's a former WWF World Champion. I request negotiations with him, because he's a huge star in Texas, though I don't see how I possibly have room for him at this point.

-Arturo Mendoza (formerly Villano III) has left New Japan, leaving us as his exclusive employer. Mendoza isn't alone - like WWF, New Japan did some serious roster trimming - cutting 16 workers (including Mendoza, Dan Severn, Road Warrior Hawk, Paul Orndorff, Finlay, Mike Rotundo, Bad News Brown, and Scott Irwin) . The Japan wrestling scene is in tough shape at the moment, both the wrestling industry and general economy are rated D+, and falling. Thing aren't so much better in the US, but we're still buzzing along.

-ICW has rejected our offer for them to become our developmental territory. Bastards.

-Tommy Rodgers and Ricky Morton are officially done with WCCW. Rodgers is now completely unemployed, while Morton still works for the AWA and WWC.

-Buddy Roberts and King Kong Bundy are exhausted after the last show.

-The TV show gets a 2.29 rating. That's an all time high for us, beating last week (the previous high) by .09.

-Tiger Mask was late for the last show. He's fined.

-King Kong Bundy was released by the WWF just a week after being signed. It wasn't a part of any new mass exodus - just Bundy. He had wrestled one match for the WWF, teaming with Rocky Johnson.

-The Spoiler defeated Jerry Lawler to win the National TV Championship in Georgia Championship Wrestling. Lawler had held the title less than a week after defeating Greg Valentine. It is the 30th wrestling championship for The Spoiler, who wrestled briefly for WCCW last year.

-Bobby Eaton is complaining about his push - he thinks he should be a main event singles star. I'm just not ready to go that far with him right now.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:30 AM   #543
rjolley
College Starter

Will talent come to you looking for employment or recommend other talent to hire? I'm not sure how often that happens in real life, but I do remember hearing from time to time that a wrestler has pushed for certain wrestlers to be considered for hire.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:32 PM   #544
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Will talent come to you looking for employment or recommend other talent to hire? I'm not sure how often that happens in real life, but I do remember hearing from time to time that a wrestler has pushed for certain wrestlers to be considered for hire.

Talent doesn't come to you looking for employment or recommend other talent to hire. Workers do have relationships with each other though - some like each other, some dislike each other, some are related. This can effect morale backstage. In DOTT, the starting relationships are based on real life, and new relationships can develop during the game, and existing ones can end.

For example, Hulk Hogan has a "strong dislike" for Jesse Ventura, Ken Patera, Ole Anderson, and a "strong friendship" with Gene Okerland, Jerry Briscoe, Antonio Inoki, The Spoiler, Jimmy Hart, and Jim Duggan, among others. So Hogan will be happiest if you shape your roster accordingly.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:13 PM   #545
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 2, July 1984
Albuquerque, NM (Texas/Mid-South Region - Very Small Venue)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Owen Hart defeats Al Perez in 5:44 by pinfall. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Jose Lothario drew with Doug Somers in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (C)

-Lance Russell interviews the WCCW Cruiserweight Champion, Buddy Landell, as the show starts. He asks him to explain himself after the events of the TV show last week. Landell says he has nothing to explain - he's a Freebird now, and a champion. (C)

-Lance Russell then interviews Brian Adias about his upcoming Cruiserweight Title Shot against Landell. Adias says he knew something wasn't right about Landell, after the way he took advantage of Terry Gordy's attacks on Mike to win the title. Adias says that if he can win the title tonight, he'll make his first title defense against Mike Von Erich at July Star Wars at the end of the month, once Mike is back to 100%. (C-)

Buddy Landell defeats Brian Adias by submission in 5:33 to make his 1st defense of his title. (C-)

-As the match ends, the Freebirds come to the ring to celebrate Landell's title victory last week and defense tonight. Stagehands setup a bar, stools, and champagne, and the party is on. Hayes grabs a mic, and says that they orchestrated Landell's title victory from the very beginning - injuring Mike and then making sure the board of directors forced his title shot with Landell. Hayes says the reason is simple - the Freebirds want all the gold in WCCW, and their current membership didn't have anyone that was light enough to qualify for the Cruiserweight division. So they found the Cruiserweight in WCCW with all the qualities of a Freebird - Landell can party, wrestle, and kick ass. (C+) Now, only two titles elude the Freebirds - the World Tag Belts, and the World Heavyweight Championship.

-Bob Backlund came to the ring and hyped his World Title Match at July Star Wars with David Von Erich. Backlund says he respects David for going against the Freebird regime and giving him a shot, but it will be the last mistake of his title reign. (B+). Backlund then hyped his match tonight with Tiger Mask. (B-)

-Bob Backlund drew with Tiger Mask in 30:00 when the time limit expired. (A). The match suffered from a lack of selling. After the match, Tiger Mask went to Bob Backlund and offered a handshake - Backlund accepted (B).

-David Von Erich, Bruno Sammartino, Iceman Parsons, and Gino Hernandez came to the ring to hype their upcoming main event match - an 8-man elimination tag team match with The Freebirds and Dick Murdoch. (B-)

-8-Man Tag Team Match
-Elimination Rules
David Von Erich & Gino Hernandez were the "survivors", winning the match. The eliminations were: Dick Murdoch by DQ, Iceman Parsons by DQ, Bruno Sammartino by pinfall, Michael Hayes by submission, Buddy Roberts by countout, and Terry Gordy by pinfall. (B). The performance of Hernandez stood out. After the match, David and Gino celebrate in the ring. (B+).

THOUGHTS:

-Good show, with only 3 matches on the main show.

-Backlund/Tiger Mask stole the show, as I thought it might. Tiger Mask's push has cooled a little since he's been muddled in the Bundy/Mendoza/Kabuki feud, so a time limit draw with Backlund is a good momentum booster. Tiger Mask has wrestled 4 "A" rated matches already this year - 2 with Backlund, the others with Gordy and Mendoza.

-The main event was good exposure for Parsons, Murdoch and Sammartino and a good push for David and Gino

-Landell is a officially a part of the Freebirds (at least as long as he's able to hold onto the Cruiserweight Championship).
Old 12-28-2007, 08:20 PM   #546
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Buddy Roberts and Bob Backlund are exhausted after the last show.

-Sometime last week, Pedro Morales defeated Scott Irwin to win his 3rd WWF Intercontinental Championship.

-I negotiate with The Junkyard Dog (who has A+ popularity in Texas), but he's a little too expensive for me at this point, with my current financial situation and need to trim my roster. Hopefully I can revisit that in a couple months, maybe after he's completely done with the WWF. He wants around $2,605/show.

-But Randy Savage - I can't resist. Like King Kong Bundy, he was fired by the WWF just a few days after he was signed. So I sign him, for a pretty reasonable $2,150/show for 9 months, with a $1,000 downside. The downside is relevant, because I might not use him until the Freebird/Von Erich feud dies down in a few months. At most, he'll wrestle on non-tv events before he starts his big push. Savage had been too loyal to his father to sign with anyone else since the start of the dynasty, but he should make a big impact on WCCW eventually - right now, he's not known at all outside the Southeast. But he's a great talent - "A+" rated intensity, "A" rated charisma and Resilience, and "B+" rated Athleticism, Stamina, Safety, Consistency, and Star Quality.

-Our roster is now 10 over the recommended level for our size, so as always, it's time to try to trim down (even with the recent departures of Tommy Rodgers and Ricky Morton). Ted Dibiase will be out soon (along with Arman Hussein). After that, it gets very tough. Piper's always a possibility because of his contract - though I'm pretty content right now to use him as an occasional attraction. Kabuki's contract is up in a week and a half. If he wants a big raise, he'll be a cut.

Last edited by molson : 12-28-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #547
molson
General Manager

-Back for the first time in 2008.

-GDS has announced the next version of TEW, scheduled for a 6/1 release date. I plan (hope) on trying to keep this dynasty going at least through August or so, until that game gets all patched up and modded up.

Wednesday, Week 2, July 1984
Brownwood, TX (Small Venue)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar) defeated Owen Hart & Brian Adias in 4:49 when Miller pinned Hart. (C+)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Gary Hart hyped his Arturo Mendoza's upcoming match with his former client, The Great Kabuki. Hart says Kabuki's lucky that his defeat in a few minutes isn't going to be on national TV. (B-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Arturo Mendoza (w/Gary Hart) drew with The Great Kabuki in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (A)

-Ted Dibiase (w/Arman Hussein) defeated Jose Lothario in 7:38 by pinfall. (D+). Dibiase's injury took a big toll.

-Terry Gordy defeated Bruno Sammartino in 15:44 by pinfall. (B-)

-The Freebirds came to the ring with their newest member, WCCW Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Landell. The 4 cut a lengthy promo. They said that with Landell now in the fold, only 2 championships elude them - David's World Title, and Koko & Eaton's Tag Team Championship. They claim that if King Kong Bundy wins the World Title tonight, he'll hand it over to the Freebirds per their business arrangement with Gary Hart (and that since Fritz is no longer in charge, he won't be able to get in the way of "good business" like he did when Bob Backlund tried, unsuccessfully, to sell the World Title to the Freebirds). Michael Hayes added that the tag team titles will also be a part of their dynasty soon, as Hayes & Roberts will challenge Koko & Eaton for the belts at the July Star Wars show. (C) With that comment, The Sheepherders hit the ring with Skandor Akbar, looking angry. Akbar confronts Hayes, saying that the board of directors had been all too helpful to the Freebirds in protecting the titles that they hold. But the Sheepherders, despite their alliance with the Freebirds, were forced to the defend their titles against Eaton & Ware again and again, in every kind of match, week after week. Akbar claims that The Freebirds wanted the titles off of The Sheepherders because they knew they couldn't beat them themselves. Eventually, tempers get out of control, and the 7 men begin brawling in the ring, leading to the commercial break. (C)

-After the commercial break, Marc Lowerence announces that, in an apparent attempt to appease The Sheepherders, there has been a World Tag Team Title #1 Contender's Match signed for next week - The Sheepherders v. Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts. The winners will get a tag team title shot at July Star Wars. (B-)

-WCCW Television Championship Match
Buddy Jack Roberts drew with Iceman Parsons in 10:00 when the time limit expired, making his 4th defense of the TV Title. Roberts looked good, and Parsons comes up just short of the TV title once again. (B-). Immediately after the match, Ted Dibiase hits the ring with a steel chair, but Parsons is ready for him, taking out Dibiase, grabbing the chair, and knocking Dibiase out with it. (B-). Parsons grabs a mic, looks down at Dibiase, and says he's sick of him - so he'll give him his coveted rematch at July Star Wars, the outcome of which will shut him up forever (B-)

-Bob Backlund defeated Koko B. Ware in 12:30 by pinfall. (A). Once again, Backlund gets a good amount of cheers, and he and Ware show mutual respect.

David Von Erich defeats King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) in 9:48 by pinfall, to make his 11th defense of the World Title. (B) Bundy had earned this shot with his Battle Royal win a week ago. The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, The Freebirds came to the ring to attack David, but David was quickly rescued by Bruno Samartino & Iceman Parsons. (C+). As the Freebirds are retreating up the entrance-way, David grabs a mic to address them. David says that this war could go on forever - he wants to negotiate. The Freebirds look surprised and skeptical. David says they each have something the other wants, and in the case of David's World Title, it's something will never get on their own. David says he's willing to give them a shot, and end this war once and forever. The Freebirds are seen conversing amongst themselves as the show ends. (B)

THOUGHTS

-I'm not sure I ever had a show with two "A" rated matches - unfortunately, one was on the pre-show. It was the first ever "A" rated match for Kabuki - getting that rating with Mendoza was a huge surprise. I was less surprised by the quality of the Ware/Backlund match. Backlund is continuing to wrestle competitive and "friendly" matches with faces. But is it all a ruse?

-David offers to "negotiate" with The Freebirds. This will lead somewhere.

-I've been meaning to have The Sheepherders get pissed at the Freebirds for a while now. I don't expect much from their match next week (I'll get the heels v. heels penalty), but I like to mix things up every once in a while.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:48 PM   #548
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Bobby Eaton has signed with NJPW, who he'll wrestle for in addition to us and the AWA. He still considers us his priority company though.

-The TV show received a 2.30 rating. That's an all-time high for WCCW, up .01 from last week.

-Brian Adias was late for the last show. He's suspended 1 week.

-Buzz Sawyer is the new National Heavyweight Champion in Georgia (that promotion's top singles title). He wins the belt for a second time, defeating Manny Fernandez after a 3 1/2 month reign.

-Bobby Eaton and Bruno Sammartino complain again - Bobby wants to be a main eventer, and Bruno doesn't want to wrestle so much

-I've re-signed the Great Kabuki for 9 months at $1,650/show, a $100/show raise from his last deal. I don't know if I would have given him a raise if he didn't break out that "A" match last week. I guess that was his "contract match".
Old 01-13-2008, 01:55 PM   #549
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

This is just tremendous. What a fantastic dynasty!
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:01 PM   #550
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 3, July 1984
Stephenville, TX (Very Small Venue)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Jose Lothario & Bruno Sammartino defeated Villano IV & Super Kendo in 6:57 when Sammartino pinned Kendo. (D+). Lothario was off his game. Sammartino & Lothario have zero chemistry as teammates. After the match, Lance Russell interviewed the winners. (C)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Iceman Parsons defeats Al Perez in 4:50 by pinfall (D). After the match, Parsons cut a promo about his win, and hyped his match against Ted Dibiase at July Star Wars. (C-)

-As the show starts, Lance Russell announces there will be a 10-man Battle Royal tonight, with the winner to get a World Title Shot against David Von Erich in the main event. (C-)

-David Von Erich cuts a promo hyping the upcoming Battle Royal. He also says that he knows a lot of fans are confused about his comments regarding the Freebirds last week on TV, and his desire to "negotiate". He tells the fans to trust him, and that it will all make sense soon. (B-)

-Roddy Piper wins a 10-man Battle Royal in 15:12, defeating Adrian Adonis, Al Perez, Iceman Parsons, Jose Lothario, Nikita Koloff, The Road Warriors, Super Kendo, and The Great Kabuki. (C-). Piper earns a World Title shot in the main event tonight. The last 4 men in the ring were Piper, Adonis, Parsons, and Road Warrior Hawk. Adonis helped Piper eliminate Hawk & Parsons, then eliminated himself to allow Piper to win, much to the surprise of the ringside announcers, considering the prior rivalry between the two.

-Buddy Landell defeated Villano IV by submission in 6:38 to make his 2nd defense of his title. The two showed good chemistry. Landell looked good. (C-). Landell cut a promo after the match (C-)

-Randy Savage defeats Owen Hart in 5:51 by pinfall. (D) After the match, Lance Russel interviewed Savage, who was making his WCCW debut tonight. (D-).

-Buddy Roberts & Michael Hayes cut a lengthy promo hyping their upcoming match with The Sheepherders. They say that tonight is merely a preview of the #1 Contender's Match this week on TV, and they don't plan on giving the Stephenville fans any more an effort than they have to tonight. (C)

-The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar) defeated Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts in 5:09 by countout, after Hayes & Roberts fled the match, where they were being dominated (C+) After the match, Skandor Akbar cuts a promo from the ring, hyping his team and berating the Freebirds for leaving (C+)

-Roddy Piper comes to the ring for the main event and cuts a promo, hyping the match. (B+)

David Von Erich defeats Roddy Piper in 27:07 by pinfall, making his 12th defense of the World Title (B).

THOUGHTS:

-Not much worked well here tonight, in what was largely a throw-away show.

-So much for the Lothario/Sammartino tag team experiment, as they have "absolutely zero" chemistry. I'd like to build up the tag team division after the Von Erich/Freebird feud is over, so I might do a little more experimenting in pre-shows to see who works well with who.

-Adonis and Piper had a brutal feud several months ago, and now they were working together in the main event. This is the "new look" southern redneck Adonis, and his new relationship with Piper will be explained shortly.

-Randy Savage has all the talent in the world, but he's completely unknown in Texas. So he's going to spend a lot of time on pre-shows and non-TV events to slowly build up his popularity.

-I was surprised by heel v. heel tag team match was as good as it was. I wanted to see how well it did before giving it too much time on TV this week.

-Piper v. David had a brief feud about 2 months ago, so I threw them together here just to put another notch on David's title belt.