molson
General Manager

WORLD CLASS WRESTLING (LIVE TV SHOW)
Wednesday, Week 4, January 1985
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 12,037; Ticket Prices: $3 more than default
Actual Attendance: ?

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
The Grapplers come to the ring and cut a hype promo before their match. (C).

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
The Villanos come to the ring and hype their six-man tag team tournament match at January Star Wars. They say they still haven't heard from Gary Hart since he disappeared in Las Vegas, and they've also tried to contact Hart client King Kong Bundy without success. They say that while there'll still hopeful that Hart will emerge on Saturday night and be a difference-maker, they're not relying on him. (C) Instead, they'll rely, as they always have, on each other, as brothers. They say that while the Sammartinos haven't seen eye to eye in recent months, the Villanos (and Arturo Mendoza), have been on the same page their whole lives. (D+).

-Pre-Show Dark Match
The Villanos drew with The Grapplers in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (C). The Grapplers looked good.

-As the show starts, Curt Hennig cuts a backstage promo, with Tiger Mask and The Great Kabuki by his side. They hype tonight's main event, the final match in group B of the six-man-tag-team championship tournament. Hennig says the tournament has been wild, filled with twists and turns. The latest turn, says Hennig, is that after the events of last week, Dick Murdoch has been rehired onto Gary Hart's former "dream team", and they will be joined by Kevin Sullivan, who fills the spot formally held by King Kong Bundy, who has vanished. Hennig says he, Tiger Mask, and Kabuki are ready for whoever comes through the curtain, and they'll take their last step to the championship match tonight. (B-)

-Bill Mercer and Fritz Von Erich run down the card for this Saturday Night's January Star Wars event. (C).

-Kevin Von Erich and Jose Lothario come out to ringside, as Kevin prepares to draw this week's random challenger for the TV Title. First, Mercer interviews Kevin about his medical condition. Kevin confirms that he has suffered a shoulder injury, but he's still determined to defend the TV title tonight, and defend the World Tag Team titles with his brother Kerry against the Road Warriors this Saturday night. He admits though, that his grueling schedule is starting to wear him down. (C+). Kevin then draws the name of tonight's TV Championship Challenger: Kevin Sullivan. (C+). Kevin takes a deep sign, and says he'll be ready for the match.

-A hype video recaps the Iceman Parsons/Nikita Koloff feud, which has primarily featured Parsons humiliating Koloff on several occasions (Parsons defeating Koloff's "3 minute challenge", and Koloff's thwarted attempts at revenge). (B-)

-Nikita Koloff defeats David Sammartino (w/Bruno Sammartino) in 5:39 by pinfall. (C).

-The Road Warriors defeat Owen Hart & Al Perez in 4:55 when Animal pinned Perez. (C). Road Warrior Animal looked good. After the match, the Road Warriors continued their attach on Hart & Perez. (D+). Then, the Warriors cut a promo hyping their World Tag Team Title Shot against the Von Erichs on Saturday night. (C+). Finally, the Road Warriors wander down to the announce table, and tell Bill Mercer that they're going to "scout" the next match involving Kevin Von Erich

-WCCW Television Championship Match
Kevin Von Erich drew with Kevin Sullivan (w/Ray Stevens) in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (D+). Kevin makes his 14th defense of the TV Title. Von Erich somehow held off Sullivan's aggressive offense, and interference from the Road Warriors. Kevin was limited by injury. The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, The Road Warriors immediately attack a weakened Kevin Von Erich. (C). Soon, Iceman Parsons and Bruno Sammartino attempt to make the save, but they are easily repelled by the Warriors. (C). A few minutes later, Curt Hennig and David Sammartino also charge to the ring, but the Warriors quickly destroy them as well. (C+). Finally, after several minutes, the faces regroup, and use their 5-2 numbers to hold off further assault. The Road Warriors leave the ring on their own.

-Iceman Parsons defeats Mr. Pogo in 10:23 by pinfall. (B). The two showed great chemistry, but the match suffered from a lack of selling. Parsons was (kayfabe) tired from the previous segment involving the Road Warriors, which led to a highly competitive match here. The announcers had noted that Mr. Pogo had asked for this rematch from last week's show. After the match, Parsons, still weak, is attacked by Nikita Koloff. However, once again, Parsons is ready, and he send Koloff and Akbar retreating with a steel chair. (C+). On their way back to the locker room, Akbar grabs a mic and challenges Parsons to a match with Koloff next week, on TV. (B-)

-Backstage, Ray Stevens and his new stable of Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, and Kevin Sullivan hype their upcoming match with Tiger Mask, The Great Kabuki, and Curt Hennig. (C+). Murdoch also hypes his #1 Contender's Match with Hennig at January Star Wars.

-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Tournament
-Group B, final match
(The announcers note that the winner tonight wins the group, and if the match ends in a draw, Tiger Mask/Kabuki/Hennig will advance)
-Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, and Kevin Sullivan (w/Ray Stevens) defeat Curt Hennig, Tiger Mask, and The Great Kabuki in 22:49 when Backlund pinned Tiger Mask. (B-). The Murdoch/Hennig confrontations in the match were particularly heated.

-Final Group B Standings:
1. Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, Kevin Sullivan (2 pinfall wins, 1 DQ win, 1 loss, 8 points)
2. Curt Hennig, The Great Kabuki, & Tiger Mask (2 pinfall wins, 2 losses, 6 points)
3. Doug Somers, Perry Jackson & Barry Orton (1 DQ win, 3 losses, 2 points, 0 matches remaining)

Overall Show Rating: B-

THOUGHTS:

-Hopefully I just didn't run into a game-killing bug. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the "expected attendance" number was increased a ton - suddenly my people were recommending a "medium" size venue, enough to seat 10,000 fans! I figured that maybe I crossed some kind of overall popularity threshold, or maybe I passed a point where there's so few promotions that everyone benefits from the vacuum, or maybe this is just something plugged into the DOTT mod to reflect the boom in the industry around this time....Unfortunately, the actual attendance of the show came up blank, and now in the "history" section, it shows "unknown". From my finance screen, it appears I didn't get credit for ANY attendance (but had to pay the higher cost of the medium venue).....SO...perhaps this is the end of the dynasty - I guess I won't know for sure until I advance to the next TV show (if it isn't made obvious before then).

-As for the show, it wasn't really a typical "build-up" show, considering our first ever PPV is in a few days, but that's just how things worked out.

-This six-man tag team tournament has been INSANE. You could probably release an entire DVD on it. Between the David Sammartino almost firing his father, to Bob Backlund firing his entire team, winning a match without them, only to hire back Dick Murdoch and bring in Kevin Sullivan. Wacky. Finally, we have the 1st half of the final match: Backlund/Murdoch/Sullivan.

-Parsons/Pogo had another excellent match, and the Koloff/Parsons segments together have been pretty strong.

-The Road Warriors destroyed pretty much everything in their path tonight, and they get to face an injured Kevin at January Star Wars. Kerry has been oddly absent recently. That's not intentional, but it's possible that it becomes worked into the story somehow.

-I was counting on Sullivan/Von Erich to give us a good rating, and the match completely tanked due to bad chemistry and Kevin's injury. I'm obviously not going to be able to keep the TV title on Kevin much longer. This also doesn't bode well for the World Tag Team Title match at January Star Wars. I actually thought about substituting Mike into that match, or maybe even Terry Funk.

-The Villanos continue to cut sympathetic promos about family, and their sadness at being apparently abandoned by Gary Hart. Not sure where I'm going with that - of course Arturo Mendoza is currently scheduled to depart us over the next couple of months.

Last edited by molson : 03-13-2009 at 12:22 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #802
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-The oddness continues, at it appears I scheduled January Star Wars for Wednesday, the same night of the TV show I just ran. I'm 95% sure I didn't do that, but that would explain the weirdness with attendance.

-So I'm going to book the show, and see what happens. I'll come up with some kind of universe explanation for whatever happens

-I didn't have a chance to adjust the show length, and the show is only scheduled for 2 hours. It will be difficult to squeeze what I have advertised into that amount of time.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #803
molson
General Manager

WCCW: January Star Wars: PPV/Closed Circuit
Saturday, Week 4, January 1985
Dallas, TX (Midsouth - Medium Venue)
Expected Attendance: 12,037 Ticket prices: $2 more than default
Actual Attendance: 10,000 (SOLD OUT)

-I had intended to use Lance Russell as the announcer, but thanks to my scheduling screw-up, I was stuck with Mercer. Still, Russell makes an appearance here in some interviews.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Charlie Cook defeats Al Perez in 3:36 by pinfall. (C-). After the match, Bill Mercer interviews Cook, the former NFL player, who says he'll be watching the next match, involving Leon White, closely. Cooks says that White wasn't half the football player he was, and he's not half the wrestler either. (E+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Leon White defeats Perry Jackson in 7:52 by pinfall. (C). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Mercer interviewed White about his win, though White refused to comment on Charlie Cook. (D+)

-As the show starts, Bill Mercer interviews The Villanos & Arturo Mendoza backstage about their upcoming match in the six-man-tag-team championship tournament against The Sammartinos and Iceman Parsons. Mendoza reveals that Gary Hart, once again, is nowhere to be found. Mendoza hypes his brothers, and and claims that they will overcome and prevail. (C).

-At ringside, Lance Russell introduces a brief video recapping the career of Bruno Sammartino, who, Russell points out, must retire when he is done with this tournament (due to losing a retirement match with Roddy Piper). (C). After the match, Russell says that such a brief video can't begin to tell the story of Sammartino's career. (C) Backstage, Bill Mercer interviews The Sammartinos and Iceman Parsons. Bruno Sammartino says that if tonight is the last night of his career, he's proud that his son will be by his side. They also reference the missing Gary Hart, and claim that the Villanos & Arturo Mendoza are better off without him. (C).

-Group A, Final Match
(The announcers note that any winner of tonight's match wins the group, and will advance to the championship match against Backlund/Murdoch/Sullivan. However, if the match ends in a draw, there will be a three-way match between these teams and The Sheepherders/Nikita Koloff. That tie would be broken on TV next week, in a 3x3x3 triple threat match)
-The Sammartinos & Iceman Parsons defeat The Villanos & Arturo Mendoza in 8:09 when Bruno pinned Villano IV. (C-)

Final Group A Standings:

1. The Sammartinos & Iceman Parsons (2 pinfall win, 1 loss, 1 draw, 7 points)
2. The Sheepherders & Nikita Koloff (1 pinfall win, 1 loss, 2 draws: 5 points)
3. The Villanos & Arturo Mendoza (1 pinfall win, 1 draw, 2 losses: 4 points)

-Backstage, Bill Mercer interviews Kerry & Kevin Von Erich about their tag team title defense later on tonight against the Road Warriors. Kevin reveals that doctors have ordered him to sit tonight's match out due to his shoulder injury. Kevin says that he and Kerry went to Commissioner Lothario to request that their brother Mike be allowed to take Kevin's place. Lothario, however, ruled that Kerry & Kevin must defend the title together, or relinquish the titles. Thus, Kevin has decided to give it a shot tonight. Kerry states that he knows he'll have to carry his brother tonight, and he relishes the opportunity to do that, after all the difficulties he put his family through last year. (C)

-#1 Contender's Match: World Tag Team Championship
The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar) defeat The Great Kabuki & Tiger Mask in 7:49 when Miller pinned Tiger Mask. (C+).

-A video recaps last year's feud between Dick Murdoch & Curt Hennig, the two men who will face off next in the #1 Contender's Match for the World Heavyweight Championship. (B-)

-#1 Contender's Match: World Heavyweight Championship
Curt Hennig defeats Dick Murdoch (w/Ray Stevens) in 17:39 by pinfall. (B+).

-A highlight video hypes the Road Warriors v. Von Erichs match - the video particularly highlights Kevin's heavy workload and shoulder injury, and the Road Warriors path of destruction and heel turn. (C+).

-WCCW World Tag Team Championship Match
Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeat The Road Warriors in 6:44 after Kerry pinned Hawk following interference from Mike Von Erich, to retain the tag team championship (Mike was responding to illegal tactics employed by the Warriors earlier in the match). (C+). Kevin stood on the apron almost the entire match. An inspired Kerry carried the load, and improbably bested the Warriors. The Von Erichs make their 7th defense of the tag team titles. Kevin was limited by injury.

-Backstage, Terry Funk cut a promo hyping his upcoming "Falls Count Anywhere" match with Kevin Sullivan. Funk talked about his battles with Sullivan in the finals of the King of the Texas Death Match tournament, and the 3-1 ambush on him last week involving Sullivan, Backlund, and Murdoch. (B)

-No-DQ/Falls Count Anywhere
Kevin Sullivan (w/Ray Stevens) defeats Terry Funk in 17:14 by pinfall. (B)

-Backstage, David Von Erich (C+), and then Bob Backlund (B), cut promos hyping the main event World Title match. Both seem to focus on each other, and ignore Bobby Eaton.

-WCCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
-Triple Threat Rules: 1 Fall to a Finish
Bobby Eaton defeats David Von Erich and Bob Backlund (w/Ray Stevens) in 23:49 by pinfall on Von Erich to retain the WCCW World Heavyweight Championship. (A+) Eaton makes his 3rd defense of the World Title. Eaton "stole" the match after Backlund incapacitated David with his chicken wing hold, and then Koko B. Ware interfered against Backlund, allowing Eaton to pin David. After the match, Eaton and Ware immediately retreated from ringside with the belt. Cameras followed them out to the parking lot, where they briefly celebrated, before leaving in their car. (B)

Overall Show Rating: B+

THOUGHTS:

-It appears that the attendance issue was my mistake, scheduling both of these shows on the same night (so the AI ran them one after another). I'm not sure if the higher attendance is based on running a PPV, or the fact that I ran two shows. In the universe, I'll still write it down as a Saturday show. Hopefully I didn't screw myself financially.

-Our first PPV delivered a terrific rating - perhaps I may have even been able to cross the A- barrier if I had a stronger undercard.

-The main event was predictably awesome. If I had been able to sign Backlund prior to tonight, I might have given him the gold. Since that hasn't happen yet, I wanted to do the less obvious win and have Eaton escape with the gold yet again. The chase continues.

-Sullivan over Funk is definitely an upset - and it was somewhat disappointing ratings-wise. Funk will be gone in a little over a month, so I wanted to give Sullivan, who will be around longer, the momentum with this kind of win (especially since stablemates Backlund and Murdoch lost). I won't be jobbing Funk out, but he'll probably lose again on his way out.

-The Von Erichs were setup to lose, but since I've already decided that the Warriors aren't worth their paycheck, they retain. I considered having the Warriors win and then lose the belts back at the next show, but then I decided I liked the "Kerry overcomes impossible odds" angle. The match was just OK.

-Murdoch/Hennig will be feuding again, along with numerous supporting players in that storyline. So it was good to see the B+ rating here. That's better than both of their matches last year (probably due to the rapid improvement of Hennig). Hennig is also now guaranteed a World Title shot in February, as the #1 Contender.

-The Sheepherders rebound from their recent slump and defeat Tiger Mask/Kabuki to become the #1 Contenders for the tag team title. They'll kick off a feud with the Von Erichs.

-And finally, we're down to the championship match of the six-man-tag-team tournament. Bob Backlund/Dick Murdock/Kevin Sullivan v. The Sammartinos/Iceman Parsons. The Villanos again cut a sympathetic promo - I've kicked of an unchained storyline involving them, Gary Hart, and King Kong Bundy - there'll be some drama once Hart finally emerges again.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:35 AM   #804
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-The PPV generated $461,472 in revenue. Assuming that number isn't inflated by the fact I accidentally ran two shows in one night, my financial problems are OVER. (Though I won't do any crazy spending until I this continues for a few months. I learned my lesson from the merchandising tease).

-UWA, the last surviving promotion in Mexico, has closed. There a LOT of unemployed Mexican wrestlers, and WCCW would be a natural place for many of them, if I was hiring. Which I might be soon, depending on how the PPV revenue holds up. Any Mexican overness any wrestler had is currently worthless, so it will probably be difficult for many of them to find jobs. That's the 12th promotion to close in the last two years. I believe it would be possible for me to add a Mexican promotion via the editor, but I'll hold off on that, and see how the AI handles this.

-Al Perez and Dick Murdoch are exhausted after the last show.

-The TV show scores a rating of 4.15, shattering last week's all time high of 3.66. It was a great show, but again, I'm not sure if this is anomaly based on my scheduling screw-up.

-Our PPV earned a buyrate of 1.15. That's easily the highest-rated PPV in wrestling in January (the first month of PPV availability). It looks like AWA, Georgia, and Mid-South are running weekly, or semi-weekly PPVs. That might explain their lower PPV buyrate numbers. Perhaps the promotions that have survived this long will now thrive.

-Jesse Ventura suffered a PCL tear in a loss to the Junkyard Dog, he'll be out a couple of months.

-Roddy Piper is officially available after his month-long suspension ends. He, Perry Jackson, The Sammartinos, Arturo Mendoza, and The Great Kabuki complain about their pushes.

-The dirt sheets report that All-Japan will likely close in a few weeks. They did manage to run a PPV last month, so perhaps that revenue will save them.

-Roddy Piper won the NWA Canadian Heavyweight Championship, the main event title of Maple Leaf Wrestling, defeating his former WCCW bodyguard, Adrian Adonis. Adonis had held the title for almost 10 months.

-Giant Baba, Abdullah the Butcher, and Mad Dog Vachon officially retire. I've mentioned Baba's final match that led to his career-ending injury, but here's the final matches for these three:

-Giant Baba & Jumbo Tsuruta defeat Mr. Saito and Bruiser Brody to win the NWA Intentional Tag Team Championship (All Japan)
-Abdullah The Butcher defeated Seiji Sakaguchi (New Japan)
-Nacho Berrera defeated Mad Dog Vachon (AWA)

-Jose Lothario also officially retires from active wrestling, though I haven't used him in that capacity since November, when he teamed with Steve Olsonoski and Al Perez in a loss to Perry Jackson, Doug Somers, and Barry Orton. It's hard to believe that he had a brief run as TV champion for us just a year and half ago.

-I'm still waiting on Bob Backlund to respond to my requests for negotiation.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:49 AM   #805
molson
General Manager

WCCW - END OF JANUARY 1985 - MONTHLY REVIEW

POPULARITY

-Texas/Midsouth: 66.4% (up from 65.7% last month)
-Midwest: 63.6% (up from 62.5% last month)
-Southeast: 55.4% (up from 54.0% last month)
-New England: 52.2% (up from 50.1% last month)
-Southwest: 51.6% (up from 49.5% last month)
-North West: 51.5% (up from 49.4% last month)
-Great Lakes: 51.3% (up from 49.2% last month)
-Mid Atlantic: 51.3% (up from 49.2% last month)
-Tri-State: 51.3% (up from 49.2% last month)
-Puerto Rico: 37.6% (Same as last month)

-Strong increases throughout the country. PPV will accelerate our race towards national level (and that of our competitors)

FINANCES

Income (Last month in parenthesis):

PPV Revenue: 461,472 (0)
Ticket Sales: 558,518 (502,425)
Sponsors: 140,157 (76,601)
Merchandise: 233,600 (12,640)

Expenses:

Worker Costs: 252,700 (360,416)
Show Costs: 164,000 (113,500)
Marketing: 25,000 (25,000)
Merchandise: 27,310 (25,179)
Production: 64,000 (40,000)
Misc: 438,587 (150,485)

Total Profit: $422,150 ($-122,914)
Cash in Bank: $758,425 ($336,275)

-It's a pretty insane balance sheet on all levels. Obviously, PPV makes a huge difference. But that number is offset somewhat by greatly increased "misc. expenses". We got $461k in PPV revenue, and a $288k increase in misc. expenses. Complicating that picture, we doubled our sponsorship income (that may have been related to PPV, but probably also our record TV ratings), and also increased our production and show cost expenses, due to PPV.

-Most surprisingly though, the insane merchandise numbers that were teased a few months ago are back! We see a $221k increase. I still have no idea what that's based on. Either I can thank PPV, some kind of national popularity threshold, or perhaps this just has something to do with my merchandise settings - that I sell a bunch of crap every few months for some reason.

-Last month, after our financial picture appeared bleak, I re-structured the whole company, cutting talents and expenses. I'll stay somewhat conservative for at least two months, to see if these numbers hold.

Custom Merchandise Settings:

(All set to sell every type of merchandise, unless noted)

Very Low Level (T-Shirts, Misc., and Posters Only):
-David Von Erich
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Von Erich

Very Low Level (T-Shirts Only)
-Iceman Parsons
-Bob Backlund
-Bobby Eaton
-Koko B. Ware
-Roddy Piper
-Tiger Mask
-Curt Hennig
-Bruno Sammartino

-I don't touch these levels, after the money I made last month

Last edited by molson : 02-18-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:15 AM   #806
kislingbury
Mascot

Nice to see lots of updates here. Good luck with the new cashflow. Hope it'll keep Mendoza around after all...
kislingbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:32 PM   #807
PilotMan
Head Coach

Long live this completely awesome dynasty! I still want to see the Road Warriors get totally manhandled by the Villianos.

On a totally unrelated note. I was watching AWA on ESPN the other night, and it was Jerry Blackwell v. Stan Hansen. Blackwell sold and sold, and Hansen was bloodied, and it reminded me of the good ol days.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #808
molson
General Manager

WCCW CHAMPIONS - End Of January 1985

-World Heavyweight Champion - 97.2% Prestige (Up From 96.5% Last Month)
Main Event Title
Bobby Eaton (3 title defense, 4 month reign).

-Television Champion - 69.1% Prestige (down from 70.0% last month)
Midcard Title
Kevin Von Erich - (14 title defenses, 5 month reign)

-World Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (Same as last month)
Midcard Title
Kerry & Kevin Von Erich - (7 title defenses, 5 month reign)

-Six-Man Tag Team Champions - 62.5% Prestige (Down from 64.5% last month)
Midcard Title
Vacant

-Cruiserweight Championship - 37.2% Prestige (Up from 36.5% last month)
Low Level Title
Mike Von Erich - 2 month reign

This is the most stability I've had in the title picture so far in the dynasty. Eaton has miraculously been able to hold onto the World Title for 4 months. Since Fritz vacated the TV title in his retirement match back in November 1983, Kevin Von Erich and Buddy Roberts are the only two wrestlers to hold that title. To put that in perspective, 8 different wrestlers held that title in 1983 (some of them obviously before this dynasty started). Kevin/Kerry are the longest reigning World Tag Champions yet, since that title was formed last January. In fact, they're the longest reigning WCCW tag team champions of any kind since Killer Tim Brooks and Arman Hussein held the old American Tag Team titles for 6 months in 1981-1982.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #809
molson
General Manager

WCCW STORYLINES - END OF JANUARY 1985

Storylines with participants and date of origin, in order of current heat:

1. Eaton/Koko hides the belt from David: Eaton/Koko/David Von Erich (October)
2T. Tag Team Title Storyline: Sheepherders v. Kerry/Kevink (April, recently evolved to include The Sheepherders, and to eliminate Tiger Mask/Kabuki, Mendoza/Bundy)
2T. Nikita Koloff's 3-minute challenge: Koloff/Parsons (September)
4T. Hart Limited Drama: Gary Hart/Mendoza/Bundy/Villano IV (January)
4T. Olsonoski v. Somers: Olsonoski/Somers (January)
6. Cruiserweight Title Feud: Mike Von Erich/Villano V (January)
7. Hennig v. Murdoch Part II: Hennig/Murdoch/Funk/Sullivan/Grappler #1 (January)

Lower midcarders and higher without a current or pending storyline:

-Bob Backlund
-Roddy Piper
-The Great Kabuki
-Grappler #2
-Tiger Mask
-Road Warriors
-Mark Youngblood
-Mr. Pogo
-David Sammartino

-Three pretty long storylines ended in the last month - Sammartino/Piper, and Sheepherders/Road Warriors, and Backlund's managerial search.

-The three team Kabuki/Tiger Mask v. Bundy/Mendoza v. Von Erichs feud was shelved before the Von Erichs really got involved. Instead, I've evolved the feud to take out the first two teams and include the new #1 tag team contenders, the Sheepherders. The Tiger Mask/Mendoza feud has been going on and off for more than a year now, I think it's safe to say its finally over.

-Eaton/Ware/David Von Erich continues to carry the company, but it might be a little tricky to keep coming up with stuff, now that the championship title defenses are mandated. David will be positioned as the one guy Eaton doesn't want to face.

-The "Hart Lmt. Drama" storyline started a few days ago...It will involve Hart's disappearance, and return.

-Koloff and Parsons have done a good job in the their feud - good segments, decent matches. Unfortunately, its just about out of steps.

-Bob Backlund is obviously the biggest name without a storyline at the moment - I'll wait to see if he re-signs before I commit him to anything. There's nobody too appealing to pair him up with at the moment (except maybe Piper, which would require a face turn for someone).

WRESTLER CONFLICTS

-The following wrestlers are unavailable on these days in October, as they consider these companies priorities over WCCW:

NONE

-AWA has edged ever close in surpassing me as world's most pretigious company, they're now 0.6% behind me. Mid-Atlantic dips a bit, as they're now 2.6% behind me. We're clearly the "big three" in the world right now, with All-Japan and Georgia just off the pace. (And All-Japan may be out of business by the end of the month)

EXCLUSIVE WORKERS

-These are the on-screen workers who happen to work for no one else but me. I'll try to give them a heavier workload, as they're the least likely to have fatigue issues. These guys are also relatively safer when it comes to talent cuts (this list does not include wrestlers who who are exclusively contracted to us, but as of the beginning of the month, have outstanding loan commitments with other promotions).

-Al Perez
-Barry Orton
-Bill Mercer
-Charlie Cook
-Curt Hennig
-David Manning
-The Sheepherders
-David Von Erich
-David Sammartino
-Doug Somers
-Dusty Wolfe
-Fritz Von Erich
-The Grapplers
-Iceman Parsons
-Jose Lothario
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Sullivan
-Kevin Von Erich
-Leon White
-Mark Youngblood
-Mike Von Erich
-Nikita Koloff
-Owen Hart
-Perry Jackson
-Ricky Romero
-Road Warrior Animal
-Steve Olsonoski
-The Great Kabuki
-The Missouri Mauler
-Villano IV
-Villano V

WRESTLER COMPLAINTS

-Arturo Mendoza is unhappy about he's being pushed
-Bruno Samartino is furious about how he's being pushed
-David Sammartino is furious about how he's been pushed
-Lance Russell is unhappy about how often he's been unused on shows
-Roddy Piper is unhappy about how often he's been unused on shows
-The Great Kabuki is unhappy about how he's been pushed

-The locker room continues to improve somewhat in happiness. As a result of my better financial situation, I've decided to hold off on all planned firings. So Kabuki and Mendoza should be happy again soon. The expensive Lance Russell, also, will see more time and should be happy shortly. Bruno will end his in-ring career soon.

WRESTLER DISAGREEMENTS ABOUT PUSHES

-These are guys that have let me know they think they should be pushed better (including those listed above, whose complaints have risen to the level of affecting morale). (loan agreement workers designated by *). This doesn't include start-of-month changes.

-Barry Orton thinks he should be a lower midcarder
-Bruno Sammartino doesn't want to be an active wrestler
-Charlie Cook thinks he should be a lower midcarder
-David Sammartino thinks he should be an upper midcarder
-Grappler #1 thinks he should be an upper midcarder
-Kevin Sullivan thinks he should be a main eventer
-Leon White thinks he should be a lower midcarder
-Luke Williams thinks he should be an upper midcarder
-Mark Youngblood thinks he should be a midcarder
-Mr. Pogo thinks he should be a midcarder
-Owen Hart thinks he should be an opener
-Perry Jackson thinks he should be a lower midcarder
-Road Warrior Animal thinks he should be a main eventer
-Road Warrior Hawk thinks he should be an upper midcarder
-Roddy Piper thinks he should be a main eventer
-Tiger Mask thinks he should be an upper midcarder

-A lot of guys on the roster sure have an inflated opinion of themselves....the most ridiculous - David Sammartino thinks he should be an upper midcarder....I don't see him lasting long past his father's retirement.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #810
molson
General Manager

Current Momentum Ratings (End of January, 1985), with last month is parenthesis.

B+
Bobby Eaton (B+)
Koko B. Ware (B+)

B
Kevin Von Erich (B)
David Von Erich (B+)
Curt Hennig (C+)
Kevin Sullivan (C+)
Iceman Parsons (B-)

B-
Mr. Pogo (B+)
Kerry Von Erich (B-)
Roddy Piper (B-)
Bob Backlund (B-)

C+
Butch Miller (C)
Grappler #1 (C-)
Road Warrior Hawk (B-)
Luke Williams (C)
Dick Murdoch (C)
Terry Funk (B+)
Road Warrior Animal (C)

C:
The Great Kabuki (C)
Tiger Mask (C+)
King Kong Bundy (C)
Nikita Koloff (C)
Villano V (D+)
Grappler #2 (C-)
Bruno Sammartino (C)
Arturo Mendoza (C)

C-
Charlie Cook (N/A)
Leon White (N/A)
Doug Somers (C-)
Mike Von Erich (C-)

D+
David Sammartino (D+)
Al Perez (D+)

D
Villano IV (E+)
Steve Olsonoski (D-)

D-
None

E+
Dusty Wolfe (D-)

E
Perry Jackson (E)

E-
Mark Youngblood (F+)

F
Barry Orton (?)
Owen Hart (F+)

Rising in January: Curt Hennig, Kevin Sullivan, Iceman Parsons, Grappler #1, Grappler #2, Luke Wililams, Butch Miller, Dick Murdoch, Road Warrior Animal, Villano IV, Villano V, Steve Olsonoski, Mark Youngblood

Falling in January: David Von Erich, Mr. Pogo, Road Warrior Hawk, Terry Funk, Tiger Mask, Dusty Wolfe, Owen Hart

-More guys rising than falling this month. Mr. Pogo, even though he went down some, stands out as as B-. Perhaps I should do something with him before he leaves. Eaton/Ware are the hottest guys in the company. It's nice to see Parsons so high.

Last edited by molson : 03-15-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #811
molson
General Manager

ROSTER, END OF JANUARY, 1985

MAIN EVENTERS

Bob Backlund
David Von Erich
Terry Funk
Curt Hennig
Bobby Eaton
Koko B. Ware

-Same group as last month. Terry Funk has taken some losses lately, but he's still a huge deal and will wrestle in huge matches for the rest of his contract. Hennig's been quiet for the last few months, but he's set now to main event February Star Wars with Bobby Eaton, and Dick Murdoch also has his sights set on him.

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Kerry Von Erich
Roddy Piper
Kevin Von Erich
Dick Murdoch
Iceman Parsons
Kevin Sullivan

-Also the same group as last month. A number of these guys definitely have claims to be main eventers (especially Piper, Murdoch, and Sullivan), and they'll have their chance to impress over the next few weeks. I like to keep the main event and the upper midcard as light as possible. I'm actually 12 wrestlers over my "ideal" game limit, and half of those 12 are hoarded in the midcard. Only 1 each are in the main event, and upper midcard.

MIDCARDERS

Tiger Mask
The Great Kabuki
Arturo Mendoza
The Road Warriors
The Grapplers
Steve Olsonoski
Nikita Koloff
Mike Von Erich
The Sheepherders
King Kong Bundy
Mr. Pogo

-Mr. Pogo is promoted up into this book after his solid work as of late. Arturo Mendoza, Tiger Mask, and The Great Kabuki all return to the midcard from "occasional wrestler" hell, where I intended to keep them until their contracts expired. Now, with the new cash I've been able to generate, they're all back on the active roster....I hope to re-sign them all, but I won't break the bank. It's kind of weird to see the Road Warriors at the same level as the Grapplers and Steve Olsonoski, but they simply haven't been that great, and I don't see them at the level as the other upper midcarders. I had planned to fire them at the end of the month, but they also get a reprieve.....Still, they're a little overpaid.

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Doug Somers
David Sammartino
Villano V
Mark Youngblood
Leon White
Charlie Cook

-Mr. Pogo is promoted up and out of this group, Charlie Cook and Leon White are promoted here after one month. White has been better than expected (though he hasn't been on TV yet), and Cook is basically going with him. The two will either feud or start a tag team.

OPENERS

Al Perez
Villano IV
Perry Jackson
Barry Orton
Owen Hart

-After a full year on the roster, Owen Hart is finally promoted into this group. The 19-year old Hart is slowly getting better all the time.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Dusty Wolfe

-I might be looking for a new guy to come in and join Wolfe here, if he's as cheap as Wolfe ($75/show).

OCCASIONAL WRESTLER

Bruno Sammartino

-Bruno is ever closer to retirement.

OTHERS

Skandor Akbar
Gary Hart
Lance Russell
David Manning
Jose Lothario
Fritz Von Erich
Ray Stevens
Ricky Romero
Bill Mercer

-Ray Stevens has been something of a disappointment in his managerial role. If Backlund doesn't resign, I might just let Stevens go also. Now that I have a little more cash, I'm in the market for a second road agent. I'd love to just bring Lubich back, but the game makes you wait 6 months before re-signing guys you've fired. I request negotiations with: Gorilla Monsoon, Jerry Jarrett, Killer Karl Krupp, Don Fargo, Bob Ellis, George Cannon, and Jackie Fargo. Maybe I can find a replacement for Ray Stevens in there too, along with a Road Agent.

CONTRACTS UP IN NEXT 60 DAYS

-Bob Backlund (25 Days)
-Arturo Mendoza (32 Days)
-Mr. Pogo (33 Days)
-Terry Funk (33 Days)
-Al Perez (47 Days)

-I'll sign Backlund if Fritz lets me.....I'd love to bring Mendoza back, I've built him up throughout the dynasty. I'm assuming Terry Funk walks after his short term deal - but he's around long enough to be involved at February Star Wars.

Last edited by molson : 02-21-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:07 PM   #812
BYU 14
Coordinator

I agree on the Road Warriors, they just can't seem to get going in any of the DOTT dynasties

Even a little more surprising to me is Eatons success as a singles wrestler, he is definitely a solid worker, but is doing better than I would have expected as a solo act.

Great stuff as always Molson!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:37 PM   #813
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I agree on the Road Warriors, they just can't seem to get going in any of the DOTT dynasties

Even a little more surprising to me is Eatons success as a singles wrestler, he is definitely a solid worker, but is doing better than I would have expected as a solo act.

Great stuff as always Molson!

Ya, Eaton's surprised me too...His tag team with Koko B. Ware was great last year, and he just kind of stumbled into a main event match and I put the belt on him just to do a "coward heel hides the belt" storyline. He's a tier below David and Backlund, but can wrestle great matches with them or anyone else. I've also noticed that guys who wrestle for multiple major promotions are improving faster - Eaton has been a big player in AWA during this dynasty, and some southern promotions before that....he's worked a TON and its paying dividends.

I think its a decent strategy in this game if you have limited funds...Instead of using the expensive main eventer, find a cheaper guy with talent and push him to the moon...He'll want the big bucks eventually, but until his contract is up, he's a great value.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #814
molson
General Manager

THE STARS OF WORLD CLASS ON TOUR
Monday, Week 1, February 1985
Jackson City, TN (Southeast - Tiny Venue)
Expected Attendance: 1,499 Ticket prices: $3 over Default
Actual Attendance: 1,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Leon White defeats Mr. Pogo in 8:16 by countout. (B-). The match suffered from a lack of selling. After the match, Bill Mercer interviewed White about his upset win. (D)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
The Grappler #2 defeats Mark Youngblood in 5:58 by pinfall. (C)

-Curt Hennig defeats The Grappler #1 in 11:18 by pinfall. (B). After the match, Hennig cuts a promo in the ring about his win, and about his world title shot against Bobby Eaton at February Star Wars. (B+). Hennig is interrupted by Dick Murdoch, who insults Hennig, and says that Hennig doesn't deserve a world title match, and has only gotten by in wrestling with the help of his father pulling the strings. Hennig shoots back at Murdoch for his association with Bob Backlund, Ray Stevens, and Kevin Sullivan. Hennig says he understands why Backlund and Stevens wanted to surround themselves with talent, and he understand why Sullivan, a WCCW newcomer, wanted to associate himself with such a group, but Hennig says he doesn't understand why a guy like Dick Murdoch threw away a world title shot by laying down for Bob Backlund....Hennig says that he's lost any respect that he ever had for Murdoch....(C+). The argument eventually escalates into a shoving match, which is quickly joined by Kevin Sullivan. Sullivan and Murdoch gain the upper hand. (B). After a few minutes however, Terry Funk makes the save for Hennig, and the two fight off Sullivan and Murdoch from the ring. (B-)

-Hennig and Murdoch eventually return back to the locker room, as order is restored. Funk and Sullivan remain out for their rematch from January Star Wars. Funk cuts a promo as Sullivan stalls to warm up and recover from the scuffle. (B+)

-Terry Funk drew with Kevin Sullivan (w/Ray Stevens) in 16:38 by double DQ after the referee lost control of the match. (A+)

-Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware come to the ring and cut a promo hyping the main event. They especially put down the David and Kerry Von Erich. They note that Kevin isn't isn't competing due to injury, and that he "can't handle the pressure" of being both TV champion and Tag Team champion. (B-)

-Triple Threat Tag Team Match
-One Fall to a Finish.
David & Kerry Von Erich defeat Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware and Bob Backlund & Dick Murdoch (w/Ray Stevens) in 28:41 when David pinned Eaton. (B+). Backlund & Murdoch showed poor chemistry as a team. The performance of Ware stood out. After the match, David & Kerry celebrated in the ring. (B-)

Overall Show Rating: B

THOUGHTS:

-Somewhat disappointed with that show rating, especially as the show was running. I thought an A+ with Sullivan/Funk would give me a chance for my first ever A- show. I did get road agent notes that I overused Murdoch, Sullivan, and Kerry Von Erich, so that brought me down a notch.

-The main event was OK, though obviously expensive with all that main event talent....I wanted to get most of my main eventers in front of the southeast audience, to continue to build their national popularity. Running good shows in the south is fairly easy, because there's so many wrestlers that have overness there.

-I've noted that Backlund/Murdoch don't work all that well as a team. That's OK, if Backlund re-signs and this stable continues, Murdoch will spent more time teaming with Sullivan, perhaps as this universe's version of the "North-South Connection".

-Funk/Sullivan was an unbelievable surprise, delivering an A+. I had thought that Sullivan would work well with WCCW, and that idea has proved correct. That's Funk's second A+ with us, the first was with Dick Murdoch just last week. It's the first A+ for Sullivan (he previously had maxed out at B+)

-When I saw that the Grappler #1 had some overness in the southeast, I knew that he and Hennig would deliver a great match, and they did. I kind of like how the Hennig/Murdoch feud has bled into the Funk/Sullivan feud....The WCCW fans can surely expect some kick-ass tag team matches.

-Leon White/Mr. Pogo had a surprisingly good match on the pre-show. White is doing a former NFL player/outdoorsman gimmick. He's a little further along than I thought I'd be at this point. Pogo continues to impress, though I'll have to give him a win sooner or later to keep his momentum up.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:05 AM   #815
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Tiger Mask arrived late to the last show. I suspend him for a month. Tiger Mask is the 3rd most expensive guy on the roster, so this will help me save money without him creating issues backstage. He has already developed a "strong dislike" of my user character, so I'm not sure I'll be able to re-sign him in a few months anyway. So this was a great opportunity to make an example of someone, and reduce the risk of no-shows.

-Dick Murdoch is exhausted after the last show. I've gotten that notice quite a bit lately, I'll try to ease up a little, but that will be difficult now that he's in a wrestling-intensive feud with Hennig.

-Roddy Piper is officially back from his month-long suspension. Piper hasn't been seen since he "retired" Bruno Sammartino at New Year's Revolution.

-The unemployed Hercules Hernandez is being hyped in the dirt sheets as a future star.

-A number of workers, both real-life and fictional, enter the universe, including Sam Houston, Paul Heyman, Eric Bischoff, and Chris Youngblood.

-Bruiser Brody was recognized in a dirt sheet poll as "best brawler in the world today". Hugo Savinovich won a similar poll for "best color commentator". $2,350

-It's judgment day for Bob Backlund....Negotiations take several days, but I am able to re-sign him for another 18 months at $2,350/show, a raise from his current $2,000/show deal. He also gets 25% of his merchandise revenue, the first wrestler to get such a deal. I'm somewhat surprised he came even that cheap, still well below what Terry Funk and Roddy Piper make.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:15 PM   #816
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 1, February 1985
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 4,675; Ticket Prices: default
Actual Attendance: 4,795

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Leon White defeats Barry Orton in 6:17 by pinfall. (C)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
The Grapplers drew with the Villanos in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (C+). The Grapplers looked good.

-As the show starts, Fritz Von Erich and Bill Mercer recap the results of the January Star Wars event. They also hype that the final match of the WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Tournament will happen next week on TV, as The Sammartinos & Iceman Parsons will face Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, and Kevin Sullivan. (C). Kevin Von Erich then comes out to the announce area to randomly select this week's challenger for the TV Title. First, he is interviewed by Bill Mercer. Mercer says that we know that Kevin and his brother Kerry are set to defend the tag team championship against The Sheepherders at February Star Wars. Mercer says there's been speculation that due to his physical condition and injuries suffered at the hands of the Road Warriors, that Kevin will forgo his mandatory TV title defenses over the next 4 weeks, vacate the title, and rest for his tag title defense. Mercer says that Kevin can decide to vacate the TV title right now, in which case WCCW Commissioner Jose Lothario would randomly draw two names, and those wrestlers would compete for the vacant title tonight. Kevin says that he's thought about it, and that he's consulted Kerry. And while this has been the most physically grueling stretch of his career, and while all of his doctors are suggesting that he take a break, this run as TV champion is something that he takes great pride in. He says that he's defended the title proudly over the last 5-6 months, and he just can't bring himself to hand over the belt now. So, says Kevin, he's going to defend the title again tonight. (C+). Jose Lothario comes out with the rolling drum of challengers. Mercer notes that there appears to be fewer ping pong balls in the drum than in recent weeks, speculating that there are fewer wrestlers who wish to challenge for the TV title when Kevin isn't at his best. Kevin then draws a name - Dusty Wolfe. Kevin notes that in his current condition, he can't take anyone lightly. (C-)

-The announcers introduce and show a video recapping the events from Monday night's house show in Tennessee featuring Dick Murdoch, Kevin Sullivan, Curt Hennig, and Terry Funk (Murdoch arguing with Hennig, Sullivan joining in, and then Funk making the save for Hennig during the 2-on-1 assault). (B-). The announcers also note that Terry Funk has challenged Kevin Sullivan to a rematch at February Star Wars, and that Sullivan has accepted. They also say that Funk is apparently working on some new match stipulation proposal that he says will "take things up a notch".

-Terry Funk defeats Doug Somers in 8:26 by pinfall. (C+)

-Back at the announce table, Bill Mercer states that he is working on an investigative piece on the whereabouts of Gary Hart. Mercer says that he has been on location where Hart and King Kong Bundy disappeared after Hart's nervous breakdown (Las Vegas), and that he's starting to get some leads and information. Mercer says to stay tuned over the next few weeks, and he hopes to be able to shed light on this mystery. (C)

-Arturo Mendoza defeats Owen Hart in 6:14 by pinfall. (C-). Mendoza seemed distracted. After the match, he approaches Bill Mercer at ringside, and tells him that he heard what Mercer just said about "investigating" Gary Hart. Mendoza demands to know details - where is he? Mercer says that the investigation isn't complete yet. Mendoza says Gary Hart was like a father to him, until he abandoned him. (C+)

-Piper's Pit
Roddy Piper returns, and is on the set of Piper's Pit. With him, are the masked Grapplers. Piper explains that he has sent his old bodyguard to a "special camp" in Alaska to help "straighten him out" (referring to Adrian Adonis' transformation into a cross-dresser). Piper says that as the most compelling and controversial personality in all of professional wrestling, he needed to hire a new bodyguard ASAP. And he decided that 2 is better than 1 - so he introduces his new bodyguards, The Grapplers. Piper says that the Grapplers, unlike his former bodyguard, aren't concerned with their attire, or feelings. With their masks, Piper says he can't tell if they're happy or sad, and that's the way he likes it. (C+)

-Piper then states how the last time he was at a WCCW show, he retired Bruno Sammartino. What a surprise it was to him, then, a month later to see that he's still here. Piper says though, that that situation will surely be rectified next week, when The Sammartinos and Iceman Parsons take on his guests this week in the finals of the WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship tournament: Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, and Kevin Sullivan (along with Ray Stevens). Piper says that everyone has wanted to get the scoop on these guys, and he's pulled it off. The segment is a lengthy love-fest as all sides compliment each other. Stevens says that his stable has joined forces under a mutual lack of trust of Commissioner Lothario. He says that together, with strength in numbers, they can collectively assure that they receive their fair share of TV time, title shots, championships, and money. Stevens says that Backlund had been seeking out proper career guidance for quite some time, Sullivan was looking for a fast track to the top, and Murdoch was fed up with WCCW politics. (C+)

Kevin Von Erich defeats Dusty Wolfe in 4:31 by submission to make his 15th defense of the TV title. (D+) Kevin was limited by injury.

-Backstage, Nikita Koloff and Skandor Akbar hype Koloff's upcoming match with Iceman Parsons. (B-). A brief video recaps the feud between the two.
Iceman Parsons also cut a promo, hyping the match. (C+)

-Nikita Koloff (w/Skandor Akbar) defeated Iceman Parsons in 10:16 by pinfall after interference from Akbar. (B-)

-Curt Hennig cut a backstage promo hyping his main event match with Koko B. Ware, the associate of the man he will face for the World Title at February Star Wars - Bobby Eaton. (B)

-Curt Hennig defeats Koko B. Ware by DQ in 22:54. Ware got himself DQ'd out of desperation when Hennig had all the momentum towards the end of the match. (B+)

THOUGHTS:

-Definitely not a great show, but the main event made it good enough to improve our popularity through most of the US.

-The main event was just a chance for Hennig to boost his momentum for his main event world title shot at the end of the month. This is the earliest I've had this many matches booked before an end-of-month show. February Star Wars (which replaces "Mexican Invasion" as our February event, will have Eaton v. Hennig, Kevin/Kerry v. Sheepherders, and Sullivan v. Funk in some kind of stipulation match.

-The short Koloff/Parsons storyline ended tonight, unless I evolve it to something else. Koloff has really come along, delivering a B- interview segment tonight, even better than Parson's hype segment. Their match was pretty good too.

-I gave Kevin a breather and tried to hide him in a short title defense against Dusty Wolfe tonight. But I can't do that week after week. If he's still struggling with the injury next week, there's a good chance I'll move the title to someone else. Kevin's reign has been impressive, and it's included at least one main event title defense against Bob Backlund.

-The Murdoch/Backlund/Sullivan stable got some face time on Piper's Pit. I don't think the reasons for their alliance are all that convincing, but I think they make some sense from a professional standpoint. They're not friends, they just think they can improve their position in the company as an association. Perhaps "The Association" could be the name of their stable.

-I like the idea of Roddy Piper being followed around by the Grapplers. And how after his homophobia got the best of him with Adrian Adonis, he replaced him with the most bland guys he could possibly find - two masked wrestlers who wear all white. If Adonis had stayed around, I would have run a storyline where he was sent by Piper to a "special camp" in the woods to help make him "less gay", only to have the experience make him even more gay. With 80s subtleties, of course. I'll probably try to bring Adonis back in 5 months when he's willing to negotiate again.

-The fans definitely weren't into the early parts of the show. Mendoza and The Villanos are slowly turning face. They've been cutting a bunch of sympathetic promos about family, and about how Gary Hart abandoned them. This storyline is about to take a couple of bizarre turns.

Last edited by molson : 03-13-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:30 AM   #817
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-I went on a little negotiation spree, requesting negotiations with anyone and everyone of note, just to see if there's maybe one major star I can bring in, if there's one guy that Fritz might ease his cap for, now that I have over $750k in the bank and a hot TV show. With the closing of so many promotions, there's so many unemployed guys out there, so I'm hoping for a bargain. So, I request negotiations with: Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Magnum TA, Bruiser Brody, Dory Funk Jr., Gino Hernandez, Stan Hanson, Ricky Steamboat, Larry Zbyszko, and Buzz Sawyer.

-I also request negotiations with ton of guys at a slightly lower tier - not because I'm looking to expand my roster, I'm just looking for 1 or 2 bargains. So I request negotiations with The Junkyard Dog, The Dynamite Kid, Kamala, Mil Mascaras, Antonio Inoki, The Missing Link, Tony Garea, The Moondogs (Rex and Spot), Billy Robinson, a few Mexican Luchadors with some Texas overness, Buddy Rose, Jimmy Garvin, and Boris Zhukov. I'm always especially interested in guys with real-life WCCW ties, or guys who have been with us in the past (like Garvin, Hernandez, Kamala, and the Missing Link).

-Finally, on a whim, I request negotiations with about 10 women's wrestlers, just to see what the going rate is, in case I consider a WCCW women's championship. My product type (mandated by Fritz), doesn't have much tolerance from women's wrestling. But I might consider running a championship tournament, and then monthly title defenses, just to mix things up. A woman might be useful to have around for certain storylines, also. I would maintain any kind of women's roster, just a champion, and revolving contenders.

-Scott Irwin defeated Bob Sweeten, Invader II, and finally David Schultz to win the WWC's inaugural "Gillette Cup" tournament.

-The TV show delivered a 4.14 rating. That's just .01 off last week's all time high.

-ICW out of Memphis, which was on the brink of bankrupcy most of last year, has enjoyed an amazing comeback, a rise to "regional" level, and now, has earned a TV show. Their main eventers are currently Randy Savage (who is the owner of the promotion), Ronnie Garvin, and Rip Rodgers. Savage is also working for St. Louis, and WWC. I'd love to have him back in WCCW someday, his run with us was all too short (Only 6 matches last fall).

-The Sammartinos and Perry Jackson complain about their pushes.

-Bruiser Brody and Jumbo Tsuruta won the NWA International Tag Team Championship for All Japan, which is kind of weird because the belts were made vacant after Tsuruta and Giant Baba defeated Brody and Mr. Saito for the belts a few weeks ago, after Baba suffered a career ending injury during the match.

-I sign Jackie Fargo as a second road agent, at a cheap $600/show. He's also another "locker room leader". I wish Gorilla Monsoon was cheaper, but he's still looking for something in the $2,400/range. Maybe down the road, I can be financial stable enough for a Lance Russell/Gorilla Monsoon announce team.

-I sign the semi-active Billy Robinson for $1,050/show...I'll use him as an "occasional wrestler", and unlike Bruno Sammartino, he'll actually be happy in the role. Robinson is 45, and at the end of his career, and will primarily put over heels, and hopefully help improve the younger guys.

-The Dynamite Kid has refused negotiations, citing his loyalty to Calgary Stampede. Buzz Sawyer has also decided not to talk to us, choosing to focus on the AWA.

-Fritz' cap on what I can offer Hulk Hogan is still WAY below what Hogan is willing to sign for. So Hogan will continue to do whatever he's doing, and not wrestle for any major promotion. Fritz also won't let me make a competitive offer to Stan Hansen, Bruiser Brody, Larry Zbyszko, Buddy Rose, or Mil Mascaras, though we're a little closer with those guys. I wonder what would change his mind - more cash on hand? A smaller overall roster payroll? Higher promotion prestige? Or maybe he's just stubborn.

-The Junkyard Dog, with his A+ Texas popularity, has always intrigued me, but he's still too pricey as well, asking for $2,625/show (though Fritz has given me the green light on that offer).

-Kamala, The Ugandan Giant, is willing to sign a short-term, 3 month contract for $1,900/show, and we agree to terms. He'll probably be managed by Skandor Akbar, and I'll use him in one yet-to-be determined storyline.

-I also sign El Halcon, who is a former tag team partner of Jose Lothario in WCCW. He looks like a great bargain for $850/show. He's a 4-time former WCCW American Tag Team Champion (3 times with Lothario, once with Kerry), and is also a former WCCW American Heavyweight Champion.

-I'm extremely tempted to sign the Moondogs as a cheaper, more talented version of the Road Warriors, but with all the other signings I've made, I decide to hold off for now.

-I also veto any idea of a women's division. Any women that are worth anything are in the $1,350/show range, and the WCCW fans don't care enough about women's wrestling to pay that much.

-Ric Flair doesn't want to talk because he still thinks we're not big enough for him. Since we're the most prestigious surviving promotion in wrestling, it looks like Flair won't be in the ring for a while. Maybe all these out of work superstars will book their own independent shows to stay busy.

-Gino Hernadez refuses to talk to me because he hates me (I suppose because I fired him last year). That's why I try to let contracts expire, when I can, rather than fire guys.

-I'm tempted by Dory Funk Jr and the Missing Link, but decide I've brought in enough new blood this time around.

-But, I really do want to bring on at least one international superstar, and I do find one that brings limited risk: Antonio Inoki. Inoki comes at a pricey $2,700/show, and a 10% share of his merchandise sales. And at 41 years old, I can fire him anytime and not worry too much about wanting to use him again down the road. He brings a lot to the table: An A+ respect rating, an "A" rating in Charisma, Safety, Star Quality, and Stamina, and "B+" in Puroresu, the Basics, Submissions, and Business Sense.

-I set Inoki as a main event face, Kamala as a Upper Midcard heel, El Halcon as an Opener face, and Robinson as an Occasional Wrestler face. We now have a ridiculous 17 wrestlers over our "ideal" number. So everybody should be a little worried about talent cuts and expiring contracts. I'm also thinking about bumping our house show length up to 2 1/2 hours (including dark matches).

-So one month after the "corporate restructuring", I'm back in limited spending mode thanks to the PPV and merchandise revenue. Still, I'm holding off on any fundamental changes to merchandise quality, music licensing, etc, until I see if the cash will keep rolling in.

Last edited by molson : 02-24-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:05 AM   #818
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 2, February 1985
Dallas, TX (Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 2,337 Ticket prices: $3 over Default
Actual Attendance: 2,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Billy Robinson defeats Dusty Wolfe in 5:41 by pinfall. (C). After the match, Mercer interviewed Robinson about his WCCW debut match, and recaps some of the Englishman's career highlights. Robinson said he hasn't wrestled in a while, and is shaking off the cobwebs, but he's thrilled to be in WCCW. (D+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Steve Olsonoski defeats Charlie Cook in 7:49 by pinfall. (C). The two showed good chemistry, but the match suffered from a lack of selling, and from a lack of psychology.

-As the show starts, Bill Mercer interviews Fritz Von Erich about the recent happenings in WCCW, particularly hyping February Star Wars, and the announced card to this point:

Bobby Eaton v. Curt Hennig

Kevin & Kerry Von Erich v. The Sheepherders

-Mystery Stipulation Match
Terry Funk v. Kevin Sullivan.

-Fritz hypes that more matches will be announced on the TV show this week. (C)

-Bill Mercer interviews Perry Jackson, Barry Orton, and Doug Somers about their upcoming six man tag team match against The Sammartinos & Iceman Parsons. The heel trio notes that the Sammartinos & Parsons consider this a "tune-up" to the finals of the Six-Man Tag Team tournament to be held later this week on TV, and that they'll make the faces pay for "looking past" them. (D+)

-Bruno Sammartino, David Sammartino, & Iceman Parsons defeat Perry Jackson, Barry Orton, & Doug Somers in 5:01 when Parsons pinned Jackson. (D+) Parsons debuted his gimmick tweak - he's now a "rock star". Parsons looked good. After the match, The Sammartinos and Parsons hyped the championship match against Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, and Kevin Sullivan on the TV show this week. Bruno Sammartino notes that he must win, or retire, due to losing the retirement match with Roddy Piper several weeks ago. (C+)

-Arturo Mendoza came to the ring. He cut another emotional promo about the absence of Gary Hart (B-) and King Kong Bundy. (C+) He says he feels abandoned by Hart, and he's angry at Bundy. He challenges his former tag team partner, Bundy, wherever he is, to a match. Mendoza debuts a slight gimmick tweak to "masked luchadore".

-Curt Hennig defeats Arturo Mendoza in 22:48 by pinfall. (B+). The announcing quality wasn't up to the standards of the match. After the match, Mendoza approached Hennig and offered a handshake, which Hennig accepted. (B-). Then, Hennig cut a promo hyping his world title match against Bobby Eaton at February Star Wars. (B)

-Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, & Kevin Sullivan (w/Ray Stevens) defeat Owen Hart, Al Perez, & El Hacon in 4:54 when Backlund made Perez submit. (C+) Backlund looked good. Stevens debuted his gimmick tweak of "grizzled veteran". This was El Hacon's WCCW debut/return. After the match, Stevens, Backlund, Murdoch, and Sullivan cut a promo hyping the six-man tag team championship match this week against The Sammartions and Iceman Parsons. (C+)

-Bobby Eaton, flanked by Koko B. Ware, comes out for the main event match and cuts a promo. He says he watched carefully Curt Hennig's match with Arturo Mendoza, and says that he wasn't particular impressed by Hennig. Eaton says that the WCCW fans are just going to have to get used to him as World Champion, because he's holding onto the title for a long time. Eaton also hypes his upcoming main event match with Kerry Von Erich. (B-). Kerry comes to the ringside area where he is interviewed by Bill Mercer. Kerry says while tonight's match is a non-title contest, he feels that if he defeats Eaton, that should put him line for a World Title shot. Also, says Kerry, his family has a lot of unfinished business with Eaton. (B-)

-Non-Title Match
Bobby Eaton (w/Koko B. Ware) defeats Kerry Von Erich in 24:28 following interference from Ware. (B-). After the match, Eaton and Ware celebrate in the ring. (B+)

THOUGHTS:

-Uneventful, but decent, house show. This was the third 1-on-1 match between Eaton and Kerry, and by far the best. Kerry has never defeated Eaton, losing twice and drawing once.

-Both of the finalists in the WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship tournament had "tune-ups" tonight. The heels had a better match.

-Mendoza isn't quite a face yet, but he teased a turn again by shaking Hennig's hand and calling out Gary Hart and King Kong Bundy. His match with Hennig was the best of the night.

-Billy Robinson makes his debut on the pre-show. I don't expect much from from the 45-year old, and he really can't be judged on a match with Dusty Wolfe.

-I tweaked a handful of gimmicks at this show, after reviewing which wrestlers were considered "stale" by my road agents and booking team.

Last edited by molson : 03-16-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #819
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Kevin Sullivan arrived late to the last show. Obviously, I need him this week, so I give him a warning.

-Dick Murdoch is exhausted after the last show. He has a potentially grueling workload, working for us, Georgia, and mid-south. He wrestled 18 matches in January.

-I'm tempted to bring back Jimmy Garvin, who only wants $1,000/show, but my roster is so bloated at the moment that I take a pass.

Last edited by molson : 03-03-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:29 AM   #820
Swaggs
Coordinator

How much is Hogan looking for? He would be an amazing addition -- hard to believe that guys like he and Flair would rather not work than make some money with your promotion.

Interesting that you signed Kamala. I just read a (fairly) recent interview with him about his rivalries with Andre the Giant and Hogan and about how he felt he was severely underpaid. I think he said he once headlined with the Undertaker, with the Undertaker making ~$500K for the show and he made under $20K.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:08 PM   #821
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
How much is Hogan looking for? He would be an amazing addition -- hard to believe that guys like he and Flair would rather not work than make some money with your promotion.

Interesting that you signed Kamala. I just read a (fairly) recent interview with him about his rivalries with Andre the Giant and Hogan and about how he felt he was severely underpaid. I think he said he once headlined with the Undertaker, with the Undertaker making ~$500K for the show and he made under $20K.

Hogan wanted somewhere around $4,300/show, and Fritz capped me out at something like $2,800. So I wasn't close. I'm pretty sure that if my financial situation continues to improve, that Fritz cap will increase. And eventually, Hogan's popularity will start to decline, and his price will go down (though by then, he'll be less popular and a little less valuable). Ya, he'd be huge for WCCW, but I think Flair will be attainable a little sooner.

It will be interesting to see what happens once the economy improves and the "big 3" (Currently WCCW, AWA, and Mid-Atlantic) start to get closer to "national" status. Then they can start signing exclusive written contracts - the winner of that race can probably lock up the Hogans and the Flairs and be a clear #1.

Of course, there's so few promotions now that there should be plenty of talent for the survivors. I've thought about going into the editor and adding a promotion, but I'll leave that to the AI for now (I know the mod creates new promotions, but I'm not sure how "smart" that is - i.e. how long will Mexico be without ANY promotion?)

It will fun to see what kind of matches Kamala can have with people - he's one of those "freelancers" that only signs 90-day contracts.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:48 PM   #822
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 2, February 1985
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Actual Attendance: 4,677

-Pre-Show Dark Match
-Non-Title Match
Mike Von Erich defeats Dusty Wolfe in 3:47 by submission. (C). Mike switches to a "fun babyface" gimmick. Wolfe seemed off his game. Bill Mercer interviews Mike, who hypes his just-announced Cruiserweight Title defense with Villano V at February Star Wars. Mike says he's always enjoyed his matches with Villano V, and the two have actually become friends. He says he'll be up for the challenge.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Leon White defeats Mr. Pogo in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (B-). The match suffered from a lack of selling.

-Curt Hennig (w/Terry Funk) defeats Perry Jackson in 7:12 by pinfall. (C). Hennig seemed off his game. Funk and Hennig have zero chemistry together. After the match, Hennig cut a promo in the ring with Funk by his side. Hennig said that last week, everyone saw the house show footage of the altercations between Hennig, Funk, Murdoch and Sullivan. And Hennig notes that Ray Stevens' stable has been a thorn in Funk's side since it formed. As a result of all this, Hennig says, he has spending more time with Terry Funk between shows, and he's taken him on as a mentor. Hennig said that while he feels he has as much wrestling talent as anybody in the promotion, he feels that Funk can help teach him that extra mean streak that might help put him over the top. Hennig said that Funk has suggested that he not just "rest up" for his World Title shot at February Star Wars, but to instead go into the show fighting. So, Hennig is challenging Dick Murdoch and Kevin Sullivan to a tag team match with Funk and himself, for next week on TV. (B). Hennig also notes that Funk is wresting World Champion Bobby Eaton in tonight's main event in a non-title match. (C).

-A video recaps how recent matches between Mike Von Erich and Villano V, and also the 4-way Cruiserweight Championship match, where Villano V originally became #1 contender to Mike's title. (C). The announcers then hypes the Mike/Villano V Cruiserweight title match set for February Star Wars. (C)

-Bill Mercer interviewed Kevin Von Erich, who is out to draw his random challenger for his Television Title. Kevin says that physically, he's in even worse shape that he was last week. Still, he says, this title run has been the proudest months of his career, so he's going to keep on fighting, and just hope that he has enough left in the tank to defend the tag titles with Kerry against The Sheepherders at February Star Wars. (B-). Jose Lothario comes out with the rolling drum, and Kevin draws from the random challengers who have put their name in the running this week...He draws Butch Miller of The Sheepherders, and grimaces. (C+)

-The Villanos defeat The Road Warriors in 9:51 when Road Warrior Animal is DQ'd. (C+). The Road Warriors dominated the match until Animal threw Villano IV over the top rope, drawing a DQ. The Road Warriors followed Villano IV out to the outside, where they appeared to set him up for a spike piledriver through the announce table. Fritz Von Erich, however, doing color commentary, interfered and pulled Villano IV to safety. The Road Warriors, upset, began arguing with Fritz, who stayed on his feet and didn't back down. (C-) Soon, the Warriors attached Fritz, and started to quickly set him up for a spike piledriver on the announce table. The Villanos, however, recovered and made the save for Fritz. Villano IV tripped Animal off the announce table to the floor, and Villano V hit Hawk from the top rope with a high cross body. Seconds later, much of the locker room (led by Mike and Kevin) empties to restore order. (C-) Villano IV debuted his "Masked Luchador" gimmick tweak (very minor tweak)

-After a commercial break, order has largely been restored. Fritz is unharmed, and the Road Warriors have been escorted from the building by security. Mike, Kevin, and the Villanos linger around ringside briefly. Mike and Kevin can be seen thanking the Villanos for their quick thinking. (C) This completes a face turn for the Villanos. Commissioner Jose Lothario, who also found himself in the middle of the mele, grabbed a mic and announced that Road Warriors have been suspended indefinitely, effective immediately. (C-)

Butch Miller (w/Skandor Akbar) defeats Kevin Von Erich in 5:49 by pinfall to win the WCCW TV Championship. (C). Kevin was limited (both kayfabe and real-life) by injury. The two showed poor chemistry. Kevin appeared to be in major pain after the match.

-A video is played, hyping the imminent WCCW return of Kamala, The Ugandan Giant. The video is narrated by Skandor Abkar. A graphic shows that Kamala will be in action at February Star Wars (C)

-Bruno Sammartino, David Sammartino, and Iceman Parsons hype the upcoming finals of the long and eventful WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Tournament between themselves and Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, and Kevin Sullivan. Bruno notes that he's fighting both for the titles, and his career, as he must retire if he loses. Sammartino says he came to WCCW for one reason, to wear gold around his waist one more time, and he's confident that's going to happen in just a few minutes. (C+)

-Final Match
Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, and Kevin Sullivan (w/Ray Stevens) defeats The Sammartinos & Iceman Parsons in 9:46 when Backlund pinned Bruno Sammartino. The heels win the WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship. (C) Murdoch and Backlund looked good. The heels celebrate in the ring as Bruno Sammartino, anti-climatically, departs from the ring for the final time. (B-).

-Bobby Eaton hyped his upcoming non-title match with Terry Funk. Eaton says he knows Funk is probably going to try to "soften him up" for his "new buddy" Curt Hennig, but Eaton claims he will outclass Funk and send everyone home early. (B+)

-Non-Title Match
Terry Funk defeated Bobby Eaton in 21:52 by pinfall. (B-) Funk won despite interference from Koko B. Ware, whose interference was later neutralized by Curt Hennig, who got involved as well. The two showed poor chemistry.

Show Rating: C+

THOUGHTS

-This was a disappointing show, ratings-wise, but it was certainly eventful.

-As the show plodded along with mediocre ratings, I figured we'd be saved by the main event, but Funk/Eaton really is a poor pairing and the rating showed. Funk wrestled an A+ match with Kevin Sullivan recently, which definitely makes Eaton look kind ordinary here. Still, the B- rating they did get carried us to at least a respectable show.

-I like the Funk/Hennig alliance of grizzled veteran/blue chipper - too bad they have zero chemistry together. I felt it was important to put Funk over in the main event since he'll be jobbing some throughout the month as his contract winds down. From a creative standpoint, I also like the idea of Eaton looking vulnerable leading up to a match with an underdog challenger (Hennig) at February Star Wars.

-The Six-Man Tag Team Tournament finally comes to an end, and the Gary Hart's former "dream team", the original favorites, prevail (with Sullivan in the place of Bundy). Sammartino gets no send off here, he just limps off to the back. This trio has a combined 42 career championships, and will probably be tough to beat for these titles (at least until the Von Erichs decide to go after them again).

-I went the semi-obvious route with the TV title. I thought that Kevin's nagging injury required a change here, and it made perfect sense to have him lose it to one of his challengers for the Tag Team Titles. Kevin has a few weeks to recover, otherwise Kerry will have to do it by himself again. Kevin's title reign ends after 5 1/2 months and 15 title defenses. It was a great run, which included a time when the TV title main evented shows, while Bobby Eaton was refusing to defend the World Title.

-Pilotman requested a Villanos win over the Road Warriors, and he got it, albeit by DQ. The Warriors basically attempt to murder Villano IV, then Fritz, but get neither. The Villanos are now full-fledged faces, and the Warriors are gone. I certainly wouldn't rule out bringing them back sometime in the future. They had a long and violent feud with the Sheepherders, completely choked when they finally got a tag title shot against the Von Erichs, and otherwise squashed a lot of jobbers.

-Leon White had another solid match with Mr. Pogo on the pre-show....White is definitely on his way to something big. He might shoot up the roster as fast as Hennig did.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #823
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

The people want Kamala.

Best dynasty in FOFC history.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:37 PM   #824
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-The TV Show gets a 3.97 rating. That's our lowest in three weeks, but still a great rating.

-Sullivan arrived late for the last show. That's the second straight show that's happened, but I need him for the tag team match next week, so I fine him (last time he just got a warning).

-I officially fire The Sammartinos and The Road Warriors. David Sammartio lost any chance he had to stick around by whining so much. I thought about giving Bruno some kind of send-off, but I kind of like it this way better. Maybe they'll introduce him at halftime of a Celtics game....So that pares down the bloated roster a tad.

-Even with the Villanos turn, we're still a little heel heavy at the top half of the roster. I might have to find someone else to turn face.

-Perry Jackson complains about his push.

-Its just anecdotal evidence, but I've seen the remaining healthy organizations extend the contracts of a lot of their works the last few days. Maybe we're starting to see some stability.

-Not a whole lot of news, so here's a quick look at the major players in the "Big 3" promotions - upper midcarders and main eventers from each roster:

WCCW:
Terry Funk
Bobby Eaton
Bob Backlund
David Von Erich
Curt Hennig
Koko B. Ware
Antonio Inoki (not yet debuted)
Iceman Parsons
Kevin Sullivan
Kerry Von Erich
Kamala (not yet debuted)
Dick Murdoch
Kevin Von Erich
Roddy Piper

AWA:
Nick Bockwinkle
Buzz Sawyer
Bill Dundee
Manny Fernandez
Steve Keirn
Bobby Eaton
Wahoo McDaniel
Buddy Roberts
Dutch Mantel
Les Thorton
The Iron Shiek
Ted DiBiase

Mid-Atlantic:
Roddy Piper
Terry Funk
Dusty Rhodes
Greg Valentine
Jake Roberts
Ricky Steamboat
Gino Hernandez
Dory Funk Jr.
Dick Slater
Jay Youngblood
Ivan Koloff
Joe Leduc

-And Here's The Status of the Most Popular Wrestlers (North America) who aren't one of the big players in the "big three"

-Stan Hansen: Main Eventer with Georgia
-Sgt. Slaughter: Main Eventer with Maple Leaf Wrestling
-Andre The Giant: Unemployed (and injured for apprx 2 more months)
-Superstar Billy Graham: Unemployed (Filming a Movie)
-Hulk Hogan: Unemployed
-Bruiser Brody: Main Eventer with All Japan
-Harley Race: Owner of St. Louis Wrestling Club (and injured for 1 more month)
-Mil Mascaras: Unemployed
-Ric Flair: Unemployed
-Junkyard Dog: Unemployed
-Buddy Rose: Main Eventer for SWCW
-Larry Zbyszko: Midcarder for Maple Leaf Wrestling
-Jerry Stubbs: Out Inured for Apprx 9 more months, but still employed by AWA, Georgia, and Pacific Northwest Wrestling.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #825
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Pilotman requested a Villanos win over the Road Warriors, and he got it

Thank you, Sir!

I echo Senator's sentiments. You da man! Luv this stuff.

Like Steam?

Old 03-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #826
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 3, February 1985
Providence, RI (New England - Tiny Venue)
Expected Attendance: 1,249 Ticket prices: $2 over Default
Actual Attendance: 1,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Charlie Cook defeats Owen Hart in 6:47 by pinfall. (D-) Cook came to the ring in his old Pittsburgh Steelers jersey. After the match, Bill Mercer interviewed Cook, who cut a heel promo putting over the Steelers and insulting the New England Patriots. (E+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
El Hacon defeats Barry Orton in 7:29 by pinfall. (C-) The two showed great chemistry.

-As the show starts Fritz comes to the ring to start the show, and welcomes the New England fans. (D-). Then, Fritz says that an iconic, international wrestling superstar is in the arena tonight, and earlier tonight in Providence, he has finalized his contract to become an active member of the WCCW roster. Fritz goes on to describe the incredible career of Antonio Inoki, and notes that while it was a match somewhat forgotten by history, Inoki once defeated Bob Backlund for the WWF Championship. Fritz then introduces Inoki out to the ring, and a lengthy interview is conducted. Inoki wears a suit, and comes across as very humble and respectful of the American wrestling fans. Inoki says he hopes to make his debut in the ring at February Star Wars. (B-)

-The Villanos defeat The Grapplers in 10:37 when Villano IV pinned Grappler #2. (C-) After the match, Bill Mercer interviewed the Villanos about their win, and their rescue of Fritz Von Erich on the TV show last week. (D)

-Bill Mercer interviews Billy Robinson, who comes to the ring for his match with Mr. Pogo. Robinson says that its great to be back in New England, and that Mr. Pogo will be an extremely challenging opponent. (E+)

-Billy Robinson defeats Mr. Pogo in 10:47 by DQ. (B-). The match suffered from a lack of selling.

-Nikita Koloff comes out to the ring with his manager, Skandor Akbar, who displays the Soviet flag. Koloff salutes the flag before the match. (C). Kerry Von Erich comes out to the ring next, and he cuts a promo hyping their match, and trashing the Soviet Union. (C-)

-Nikita Koloff (w/Skandor Akbar) defeats Kerry Von Erich in 11:37 by pinfall. (B-). Koloff was tiring towards the end of the match.

-David Von Erich comes to the ring to hype his main event match with WCCW World Bobby Eaton. He debuted his new gimmick tweak, showing a more intense personality. David says that while the title is not on the line tonight, it's an incredibly important match for him personally because - 1. A win here should put him in line for a title shot, and 2. He hates Eaton's guts and wants to hurt him. (C)

-Non-Title Match
David Von Erich drew with Bobby Eaton in 27:57 after a double DQ. (C+)

THOUGHTS:

-This was a great show for this region, and it was quite surprising what did well and what didn't.

-The main event was actually disappointing. The David "gimmick tweak", like pretty much every other gimmick tweak I've done over the last few weeks, didn't go over well, that might have impacted his momentum, and that match rating. Each gimmick change was in response to a road agent note that the worker "needed something to freshen his character up", and yet after each change, I get the road agent note, "this gimmick change was too soon after the last one". Ah well. Unfotunately, I haven't kept track of when I change gimmicks, so this will all make things just a little more challenging.

-While C+ is a perfectly acceptable main event rating for this region, obviously I'm more used to more from these guys. Though looking back, their only other 1-on-1 match only scored a "B", and that was in Texas, where both guys are far more popular.

-Koloff over Kerry is definitely an upset, and their match was pretty good. Koloff impressed me during his feud with Parsons, so I'm going to keep pushing him. And Kerry has just never won me over during this dynasty, so he'll keep heading down the card.

-Billy Robinson had a very strong match with Mr. Pogo. Robinson may get a little more meaningful ring-time than I planned. While Robinson is best known in the midwest, he has some overness in every North American region, thanks to his main event run in the AWA many years ago.

-Probably the thing that made me the happiest on the show though, was Antonio Inoki's "B-" rated interview segment. That's a great sign, pulling that off outside of our major regions, especially considering he only speaks "passable" English right now (Compare it with Kerry and David only scoring C- and C in their promos). Inoki isn't Flair, or Hogan, but on an international scale, he's not that far off. And he has solid, C+ popularity in every single North American region. And Fritz helped sow the seeds for an eventual Inoki/Backlund feud, by bringing up Inoki's WWF Title win over Backlund that the WWF never officially recognized.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #827
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-King Kong Bundy and Buddy Roberts have started a full-time team with WWC.

-Otherwise, the industry news is dominated by workers extending their contracts with their employers. 115 works have signed new deals in the last 3 days. There's some kind of game recalculation going on.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:21 PM   #828
molson
General Manager

Senator, Pilotman, Swaggs, and everyone else - I appreciate the kind words and you continuing to check this thing out. I'm hopelessly addicted and I'll keep going.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #829
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 3, February 1985
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Actual Attendance: 5,000

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Grappler #1 defeats Mark Youngblood in 6:47 by pinfall. (B-) The two showed good chemistry. Grappler #1 looked good.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Leon White defeats Grappler #2 in 7:08 by pinfall. (C+). The two showed great chemistry. The match suffered from a lack of selling. After the match Bill Mercer interviewed White, who described his training regiment - mostly running and chopping down trees in the Colorado Rockies. (C)

-As the show starts, Curt Hennig cuts a promo backstage hyping this week's main event tag team match between himself and Terry Funk v. Dick Murdoch & Kevin Sullivan. Hennig says that Funk is in a bad mood, and that he's helping Hennig to find his mean streak for Hennig's title shot at February Star Wars. (B+). Funk then joins the promo, and hypes the match, and also his 1-on-1 match with Sullivan at February Star Wars. (B+)

-Also backstage, the new TV Champion, Butch Miller stands with his manager Skandor Akbar and WCCW Commissioner Jose Lothario, to draw his random challenger this week from the volunteer entrants. Miller reaches into the rolling drum and draws newcomer (and longtime friend of Lothario), El Halcon. (C).

-A brief video highlights the recent series of matches between Steve Olsonoski and Doug Somers, all of which have ended in draws. (C)

-Steve Olsonoski drew with Doug Somers in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (D). The two showed poor chemistry.

-A video hypes the workout routine of WCCW Cruiserweight Champion Mike Von Erich, who prepares for his title defense at February Star Wars against his friend, Villano V. (C). Mike then cuts a pre-recorded promo hyping the Cruiserweight Championship, and his status as 3-time champion. He says he plans on continuing to dominate the division. (C-)

-Mike Von Erich & The Villanos defeat Barry Orton, Perry Jackson, & Charlie Cook in 6:06 when Mike made Orton submit. (C).

-A video hypes the impending WCCW return of Kamala, The Ugandan Giant. The video is again narrated by Skandor Akbar. (C). After the video, the announcers note that Skandor Akbar has had an extremely difficult time finding an opponent for Kamala at February Star Wars, as many wrestlers are apparently intimidated by rumors that under Akbar's training, Kamala has become stronger, meaner, and more dangerous than ever before. These rumors, says Bill Mercer, have led to WCCW officials to demand that Kamala's return take place at February Star Wars, since any match involving him may be too violent for TV. However, Mercer says, earlier tonight, a challenger did step up, and it's a man who has had issues with Skandor Akbar over the last few months - Iceman Parsons. (C+)

-Iceman Parsons defeats Mr. Pogo in 8:37 by pinfall. (B). Parsons defeats Pogo for the 3rd time in 4 weeks on TV. The two showed great chemistry. After the match, Bill Mercer interviewed Parsons, asking him why he's agreed to face the dangerous Kamala, where so many others have refused. Parsons hypes the match, and says that he's not afraid of another living soul. He'd like to send Kamala back to the jungle. (C).

-A lengthy mini-documentary hypes the career and imminent WCCW debut of Antonio Inoki. The video makes reference to Inoki's win over Bob Backlund for the WWF Championship, and hypes his WCCW debut at February Star Wars, where he will face Grappler #1. (B-)

Butch Miller (w/Skandor Akbar) defeats El Halcon in 3:53 by pinfall to make his 1st defense of the TV Title. (C+)

-Kevin Sullivan & Dick Murdoch hype their upcoming main event tag team match, and Sullivan hypes his match at February Star Wars against Funk. Sullivan says he doesn't care about the "mystery stipulation" at that event, he just knows he's going to wipe the floor with Funk once again. (B+)

-Dick Murdoch & Kevin Sullivan (w/Ray Stevens) defeat Terry Funk & Curt Hennig in 23:53 when Sullivan pinned Funk after interference from Stevens and illegal double-teams. (B+). Hennig showed a "meaner" side, illustrating his training from Funk. Funk and Sullivan brawled all over the ringside area during the match, leaving Hennig mostly to wrestle Murdoch in the ring. Funk and Hennig have zero chemistry as partners.

THOUGHTS

-I'm very happy with the B- here, considering this was a very cheap show where many main eventers went unused.

-The Murdoch/Sullivan/Funk/Hennig storyline is solid, but it's not quite capturing the imagination of the fans an elite angle. Funk's taking most of the losses in the feud - that's mostly because his contract is up shortly after February Star Wars. I will be negotiating with him in the next few days however, and the outcome of that might change the direction of this angle.

-Otherwise, a lot of filler on this show. They can't all be eventful. I was glad to see the Inoki documentary when over pretty well here. The expectation for Inoki is nothing less than A+ matches with other main eventers.

-Parsons gets to beat-up on Mr. Pogo again - that should have rebuilt some of the momentum he loss in the Nikita Koloff feud, where he was pretty much dominated in the matches. The Kamala/Parsons match will be a big test for Kamala, to determine whether he gets a truly monster push.

-Neither the Mike Von Erich/Villano V or Doug Somers/Steve Olsonoski feuds are exactly setting the world on fire, but they're cheap and largely unoffensive. And they give different talent a chance to see the spotlight.

-Another solid performance by Leon White on the pre-show. He has a babyface "outdoorsman" gimmick at this point.

-The surprise of the night was probably the Grappler #1 carrying Mark Youngblood to a B- (though Youngblood has shown the ability to be carried to such heights a couple of times in the past - by Butch Miller, and Nikita Koloff). Grappler #1 (Les Denton) is very solid, which is why he gets the "assignment" for Antonio Inoki's debut match at February Star Wars.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:33 PM   #830
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Ray Stevens arrived late for the last show. It's a first offense for him, and he works pretty much every show, so I fine him.

-The TV show gets a 4.11 rating. That's a nice bounce-back from last week, and it's our 3rd highest rating all-time.

-Boriz Zhukof is hyped in the dirt sheets as a future star. I wasn't all that impressed with him when I took a look at signing him a few weeks ago. I had considered teaming him with Nikita Koloff, but it just seemed like that would hold Koloff back.

-A friendship has developed backstage between Lance Russel and Ray Stevens. I haven't used Russell yet this month, just out of caution to make sure the big money keeps flowing in. He'll work the PPV, and assuming there's no surprises in the end-of-month balance sheet, he'll be back in the TV broadcast booth next month. Bill Mercer will return to his role as journalist/backstage interviewer.

-Roddy Piper and Perry Jackson complain about their pushes.

-In Georgia, Jim Duggan won the National TV Title from Greg Valentine. It's his 2nd reign with the title.

-Ricky Steamboat suffered a serious injury during a match with Roddy Piper for Maple Leaf Wrestling. He'll be out about 6 months.

-Hector Guerrero defeated Tully Blanchard for the SWCW Intercontinental Championship.

-There are rumors that Nick Bockwinkle is leaving AWA. I don't really have room for him, but I request negotiations. I'm obviously kind of a sucker for the old school guys.

-After being sure Arturo Mendoza was going to be on the way out, I'm able to re-sign him after some tense negotiations for $1,650/show for 9 months, a raise from his old $1,500/show. He's probably worth that, though the game negotiation screen told me he would be looking for something in the neighborhood of $1,000/show, which would have been fantastic. I think wrestlers pretty much refuse to take paycuts from contract to contract, which explains why worker salaries have skyrocketed so much during this dynasty, and why so many promotions have gone under. Though I wonder the hundreds of contract extensions I've seen in the last few days is some kind of "market correction".

-After two days of negotiations - I can't yet come to an agreement with Terry Funk. I'll have one more shot at it after the next house show. He's going to cost me in the neighborhood of $2,800 for 3 more months. I think that we'll work something out for something around there.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:21 PM   #831
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 4, February 1985
Wichita, KS (Midwest- Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 1,852 Ticket prices: Default
Actual Attendance: 1,784

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Barry Orton & Perry Jackson came to the ring and cut a promo hyping their upcoming match with Owen Hart & Al Perez. (E+).

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Barry Orton & Perry Jackson defeat Owen Hart & Al Perez in 6:31 when when Jackson pinned Perez after underhanded tactics by the heels. (D). Perez was exhausted by the end of the match.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Leon White defeats The Grappler #2 in 5:58 by pinfall. (B-). The two showed great chemistry. The match suffered from a lack of selling. After the match, Bill Mercer interviewed White about his win and his career thus far in WCCW. (C)

-Bill Mercer conducts a lengthy interview with Antonio Inoki about his imminent debut in WCCW. Mercer asks Inoki about his career, including his win over Bob Backlund for the WWF Championship. (B-)

-Billy Robinson came to the ring for his match, and shook hands with Inoki, who departed. (C). Bill Mercer interviewed Robinson about his upcoming match with Grappler #2. Robinson hyped the match and reminisced about his years wrestling in front of the midwest fans. He referenced his DQ win over Mr. Pogo in Rhode Island last week, putting over Pogo as a "tough customer". (D+)

-Billy Robinson defeats Mr. Pogo in 10:05 by pinfall. (C+)

-Bill Mercer tried to interview Grappler #1 about his upcoming match with Villano V, but the Grappler only wanted to talk about his match with Antonio Inoki at February Star Wars. He says he's tired of people talking about the match like he's not even it, and while Inoki has spent months traveling around and talking to the fans, he's been working in the ring. He says that Inoki is rusty, and that he'll beat him. (C+)

-Grappler #1 defeats Villano V in 9:46 by pinfall. (B+). The two showed great chemistry. Grappler #1 looked good.

-Ray Stevens came out to the ring with his stable of Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, and Kevin Sullivan, who were also joined by Koko B. Ware and WCCW World Champion Bobby Eaton. Stevens hyped tonight's main event - a 10-man elimination tag team match. Stevens referenced the various feuds on display in this match: Murdoch/Hennig, Funk/Sullivan, Eaton & Ware/David, etc. (C+)

-10-Man Tag Team Match
-Elimination Rules
David Von Erich, Kerry Von Erich, Mike Von Erich, Curt Hennig, & Terry Funk defeat Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, Kevin Sullivan, Bobby Eaton, & Koko B. Ware (w/Ray Stevens) in 31:31. (B+) David was the sole survivor. Hennig looked good. Several near falls in the beginning of the match were broken up by other participants, and several 5-on-5 brawls broke out. Then, the referee asked Bill Mercer to announce to the crowd that he has warned both teams - any wrestler who illegally entered the match from now on would be DQ'd on the spot. After that warning, the order of eliminations was as follows:

-Mike Von Erich was pinned by Koko B. Ware (5-4, advantage heels)
-Koko B. Ware was made to submit by David Von Erich (4-4)
-Terry Funk & Kevin Sullivan were both counted out after brawling outside the ring (3-3)
-Kerry Von Erich was made to submit by Bob Backlund (3-2)
-Curt Hennig was made to submit by Bob Backlund (3-1)

The heels wore down David at this point and appeared to have the match won when Bobby Eaton hit a top rope leg drop. However, Bob Backlund broke up the pin attempt and argued with Eaton - Backlund apparently wished to make the final pinfall himself. The two began shoving - Dick Murdoch immediately entered the ring and he and Backlund pummeled Eaton 2-on-1, and threw him to the outside. As a result:

-Dick Murdoch was DQ'd for illegally entering the ring (2-1, advantage heels)
-Bob Backlund was pinned by David Von Erich, who scored a fluke pin in the chaos, after he was allowed several minutes to recover because of dissension among the heels (1-1).

That left David, and a beaten down Eaton, who was lying outside the ring. David angrily went after him, and Eaton retreated to the back. David returned to the ring, and beat the 10 count:

-Bobby Eaton was counted out (David is the sole survivor).

-After the match, all of the members of the face team returned to the ring, where they celebrated with David Von Erich as the show ends. (C+)

THOUGHTS:

-This was a solid midwest show.

-I like to break out the gigantic 5x5 elimination tag match main event every few months on the house show circuit. They're certainly fun to book. It was an expensive match, but it gave us a good show rating, and it gave most of our big main eventers exposure in our second most important region.

-Otherwise, not a lot of excitement on the show, though I was happy that Grappler #1/Villano V was such a great match. Grappler #1 has settled into a "jobber to the stars" role, but he might have enough talent to emerge past that someday.

-I thought that Robinson would be a little more popular in the midwest, but he was never that great on the mic, so I shouldn't have been surprised. His match with Mr. Pogo was perfectly acceptable.

-Inoki continues his "long interview" tour and had another good one. These are LONG interviews, so they count in the rating. Scoring a B- in a lengthy interview definitely helped the show rating here.

-Leon White has another strong match as he continues his undefeated streak - the B- here matches his career high that he reacted twice with Mr. Pogo.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:33 PM   #832
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Terry Funk wanted a little more money than I thought, but I still decide to pull the trigger for 3 more months at $2,900/show, and 25% of his merchandise. That's a raise from his old deal of $2,675/show, and I can't see him getting another raise from us when these 3 months are up. He's useful, but not that useful. He's now the second most expensive worker on the roster after Roddy Piper, and like Piper, he will probably have his workload reduced because of the huge contract.

-Kerry Von Erich arrived late for the last show. It's not a first-offense for him, but I need him at February Star Wars at the end of the week, so he's fined.

-Ric Flair won a couple of dirt sheet awards: "Best Overall Worker in Wrestling Today", and "Most Entertaining Wrestler in the World". Flair hasn't wrestled since July of last year - a 7 month layoff.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:58 PM   #833
PilotMan
Head Coach

I have had some good matches with Robinson and Bockwinkle. Although, the feud between Bockwinkle and the Baron has had better overall ratings.

Like Steam?

Old 03-13-2009, 12:20 AM   #834
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 4, February 1985
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Actual Attendance: 5,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
El Halcon defeats Dusty Wolfe in 4:32 by submission. (C)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Bill Mercer interviews Perry Jackson about his upcoming match with Owen Hart. Jackson is over the top with his 70's/Blaxploitation gimmick. (D)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Owen Hart defeats Perry Jackson in 7:27 by pinfall. (C-). After the match, Bill Mercer interviews Hart about his win. (D-)

-Bill Mercer and Fritz Von Erich are joined by Lance Russell, who completes the three-man booth for this week's show. The trio run down the card for February Star Wars, and hype tonight's show. They hype tonight's main event, which features the return to the ring of Roddy Piper, to face Iceman Parsons. Also, the WCCW Championship Committee has announced that tonight, there will be two 10-man Battle Royals. The two winners will face off at February Star Wars to determine the new #1 contender for the World Championship. (D+)

-Backstage, WCCW TV Champion Butch Miller stands with Skandor Akbar, Commissioner Jose Lothario, and the rolling drum of challengers...Miller draws a name at random - Al Perez. (B-). Miller laughs with confidence.

-10-Man Over-the-Top-Rope Battle Royal
-Winner to Compete in #1 Contender Match at February Star Wars.
David Von Erich won the Battle Royal in 9:49. (C+). The order of elimination was as follows:
1. Nikita Koloff (eliminated by Billy Robinson)
2. Billy Robinson (eliminated by Nikita Koloff)
3. Charlie Cook (eliminated by David Von Erich)
4. Mark Youngblood (eliminated by Mr. Pogo)
5. Arturo Mendoza (eliminated by Mr. Pogo)
6. Dick Murdoch (eliminated by Mr. Pogo, Barry Orton, and Grappler #2)
7. Barry Orton (eliminated by Mr. Pogo)
8. Mr. Pogo (eliminated by David Von Erich)
9. Grappler #2 (eliminated by David Von Erich)
WINNER: David Von Erich
-Nikita Koloff seemed off his game. The match featured an especially spirited exchange between Koloff and Billy Robinson, who brawled outside the ring after Robinson eliminated Koloff, and then Koloff illegally returned to the ring and eliminated Robinson. After the match, David Von Erich cut a promo in the ring hyping his win. (C-)

-A video hypes Villano V, who will challenge for the Cruiserweight Championship at February Star Wars. (C+). After the match, Bill Mercer interviews Villano V about the match. (C-)

-A video hypes the WCCW World Tag Team Championship match at February Star Wars between The Sheepherders and The Von Erichs. Special attention is given to the weakened physical state of Kevin Von Erich, which was made worse by the beating from Butch Miller several weeks ago, when Miller won the TV Title from Kevin. (C+)

-Luke Williams (w/Skandor Akbar) defeats Kerry Von Erich in 12:39 by pinfall. (C-).

-A brief hype video hypes the upcoming WCCW debut of Antonio Inoki, to take place at February Star Wars. (B)

-Piper's Pit: w/Guest Curt Hennig
Roddy Piper, who is flanked by his new bodyguards, the Grapplers, first hypes his main event match tonight against Iceman Parsons. Then, he introduces his guest, Curt Hennig, who will challenge for the World Title at February Star Wars. Hennig is flanked by his mentor, Terry Funk - who seems to unnerve Piper. Piper viciously insults Hennig, saying he doesn't deserve a title shot, and says that he's had everything handed to him in WCCW. Hennig doesn't back down, and matches Piper insult for insult. (B+)

Butch Miller (w/Skandor Akbar) defeats Al Perez in 4:35 by pinfall to make his 2nd defense of the TV title. (C-). The two showed poor chemistry.

-10-Man Over-the-Top-Rope Battle Royal
-Winner to Compete in #1 Contender Match at February Stars
Bob Backlund won the Battle Royal in 12:06. (B-). The order of elimination was as follows:
1. The Great Kabuki (eliminated by Doug Somers, Steve Olsonoski, and El Halcon)
2. Mike Von Erich (eliminated by Bob Backlund)
3. El Halcon (eliminated by Doug Somers and Steve Olsonoski)
4. Koko B. Ware (eliminated by Leon White)
5. Villano IV (eliminated by Leon White)
6. Doug Somers (eliminated by Leon White)
7. Steve Olsonoski (eliminated by Leon White)
8. Iceman Parsons (eliminated by Bob Backlund)
9. Leon White (eliminated by Bob Backlund)
WINNER: Bob Backlund
-Steve Olosnoski & Doug Somers, who have wrestled a series of matches that ended in draws over the last few weeks, worked very well together here, cooperating on several eliminations. Leon White, who was making his TV debut, dominated the match, until it came down to him and Backlund. At that point, Backlund schooled White, methodically taking him apart. After the match, Backlund cut a promo hyping his #1 Contender's match at February Star Wars. (B-). Backlund says he's owned David in the past, and this Saturday night will be no exception.

-After the match, the announcers note that as a result of the altercation between Nikita Koloff and Billy Robinson in the first battle royal, those two have agreed to meet in a match at February Star Wars. (C).

-Another video hypes the WCCW return of Kamala, who will face Iceman Parsons this Saturday night at February Star Wars. (C)

-Iceman Parsons defeats Roddy Piper (w/The Grapplers) in 10:08 by DQ after the Grapplers interfered on behalf of Piper, who was losing the match. (B).

THOUGHTS:

-Good show leading into February Star Wars. We also got almost everyone of note on the card, which was expensive, but will improve everyone's morale.

-Parsons/Piper have never met, haven't had any interactions that I remember, so this was kind of a makeshift main event. They definitely delivered a solid match.

-The two battle royals had the obvious winners, and we have our obvious #1 contender's match at February Star Wars. I like this kind of "obviousness", because in a sense, it's realistic. In a kayfabe world, WCCW promoters would WANT that Backlund/David match, so they would have put them in separate battle royals, and filled them with competition that they knew they could overcome. So the results were predictable, but there was some storyline development in the matches: Billy Robinson and Nikita Koloff had some issues (Koloff does not take embarrassment well), Olsonoski & Somers worked well together after wrestling to numerous stalemates, Leon White makes his TV debut and dominates the battle royal.

-Piper showed his value again in the Piper's Pit segment - that was a "long" segment that was included in our overall rating, and it was the highest rated segment of the night.

-I was perplexed by David's horrible promo - I'm not sure he's the face we can build the company around. If we ever were able to land Hulk Hogan, the Von Erichs would have to take a backseat.

-Kerry Von Erich has already taken something of a back seat as he loses again, in an upset loss to Luke Williams. The Sheepherders have all the momentum heading into February Star Wars.

-Perry Jackson and Owen Hart delivered a C- on the pre-show - it's been almost a year since their first 1-on-1 match with us, and they've both really improved over that time. That's a good showing for those guys.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:34 AM   #835
molson
General Manager

NEWS

The main card for February Star Wars is now set:

Bobby Eaton v. Curt Hennig

Kevin & Kerry Von Erich v. The Sheepherders

-WCCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Mike Von Erich v. Villano V

-Mystery Stipulation (To Be Chosen By Funk)
Terry Funk v. Kevin Sullivan

-#1 Contender's Match (World Heavyweight Championship)
Bob Backlund v. David Von Erich

Kamala v. Iceman Parsons

Antonio Inoki v. Grappler #1

Nikita Koloff v. Billy Robinson

-The TV show delivers a 4.10 rating. That's off just .01 from last week.

-Greg Valentine & Dusty Rhodes won the vacant NWA World Tag Team Championship, defeating Ivan Koloff & Gino Hernandez. The former champions, Dusty Rhodes and Ricky Steamboat, had to vacate the titles when Steamboat was injured.

-Ricky Steamboat's injury also caused a vacating of the Calgary Stampede International Tag Team Championship, a title Steamboat held with Bret Hart. Hart and Leo Burke won the vacant titles, defeating Bad News Allen & The Dynamite Kid.

-The dirt sheets are hyping Al Perez as a future star.

Last edited by molson : 03-13-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:02 AM   #836
molson
General Manager

WCCW: February Star Wars: PPV/Closed Circuit
Saturday, Week 4, February 1985
Dallas, TX (Midsouth - Medium Venue)
Expected Attendance: 11,686 Ticket prices: $2 more than default
Actual Attendance: 10,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Steve Olsonoski defeats Mr. Pogo in 8:53 by pinfall. (B).

-Pre-Show Dark Match
The Great Kabuki defeats Grappler #2 in 6:45 by pinfall. (C+)

-Skandor Akbar enters the ringside area with Nikita Koloff. Akbar raises the Soviet flag high, and Koloff salutes it. (C+)

-Nikita Koloff (w/Skandor Akbar) defeats Billy Robinson in 7:42 by pinfall. (C+)

-Bill Mercer interviews Villano V about his upcoming Cruiserweight title shot. (C-) Mercer then interviews Mike Von Erich about the match. (C).

-WCCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Mike Von Erich drew with Villano V in 2:34 following a double countout. (D+). The match ended abruptly when Villano V attempted a high-risk move from the ring onto the arena floor, where Mike was located. The impact weakened both men, and neither could make it back to the ring before the 10 count. Mike makes his 2nd defense of the Cruiserweight Title.

-A video hypes the upcoming debut of Kamala. (C)

-Backstage, Skandor Akbar hypes his client Kamala, and his upcoming match with Iceman Parsons. (C+) Akbar puts over the dangerousness of his client, and claims that he doesn't know if he can control him. Iceman Parsons cuts a promo backstage as well, saying he's not afraid of monsters. (B-)

-Kamala, the Ugandan Giant (w/Skandor Akbar) defeats Iceman Parsons in 6:48 by pinfall with a top rope splash. (C+). Parsons appears to be injured in the ring. He is attended to by medical personnel, and is stretchered to the back. (C+).

-Backstage, The Von Erichs attempt to cut a promo about their upcoming tag team title defense against The Sheepherders. The promo however, is interrupted by Skandor Akbar and The Sheepherders, and the 5 argue for several minutes. (C). Akbar tells Kevin that it's not safe for him to participate tonight given his injury, and that he and his brother should just surrender the titles. A highlight video recaps the events between these participants - particularly Kevin's last appearance in a ring, when he lost the TV title to Butch Miller, who aggravated Kevin's shoulder injury. (C+)

-The Sheepheders (w/Skandor Akbar) defeat Kevin & Kerry Von Erich in 5:38 when Miller pinned Kevin. (D+). The Sheepheders win the WCCW World Tag Team Championship for the second time. Kevin was limited by injury (both kayfabe and storyline), as the Von Erichs were dominated (though Kevin showed guts). The Sheepheders celebrate their win with with Akbar in the ring. The announcers note that Akbar is 3-for-3 tonight.

-A video hypes the upcoming WCCW debut of Japanese legend Antonio Inoki. (B-)

-Backstage, Bill Mercer interviews Grappler #1 about his upcoming match with Inoki. (C). Grappler #1 is still bitter that everyone is talking about Inoki, and completely overlooking him as a threat to win the match.

-Antoni Inoki defeats Grappler #1 in 10:54 by pinfall. (B). The match suffered from a lack of selling.

-David cut a promo hyping the upcoming #1 Contender's match between himself and Bob Backlund. David admits that Backlund has had his number in the past, but that tonight's a new night. (C+)

-#1 Contender's Match - WCCW World Heavyweight Championship
Bob Backlund (w/Ray Stevens) defeats David Von Erich in 22:16 by pinfall to become the #1 Contender to the World Championship. (B+)

-Terry Funk comes to the ring and cuts a promo hyping his upcoming match with Kevin Sullivan. Funk finally reveals his "mystery" stipulation. Funk says that since he lost to Sullivan last month, he's daydreamed about making Sullivan bleed....And tonight, Funk promises, there will be blood, because the match will be a First Blood Match. No countout/No-DQ, the match can only end when one man draws blood. (B+)

-First Blood Match
Terry Funk defeated Kevin Sullivan in 13:58 after hitting Sullivan with the ring bell, causing him to bleed. (B+)

-Curt Hennig, with Terry Funk wobbly but by his side, cuts a promo hyping his upcoming shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. He puts over the title, the promotion, the fans, and even Eaton - and says he's prepared his whole life for this moment. (B).

Curt Hennig (w/Terry Funk) defeats Bobby Eaton (w/Koko B. Ware) in 24:57 by pinfall to become the WCCW World Heavyweight Champion. (A+). Both Ware and Funk got involved in the match - Funk prevented Ware from using the ring bell on Eaton, and instead struck Ware with it - the second time Funk busted someone open with the ring bell tonight. The match suffered from a lack of psychology. After the match, Funk and Hennig celebrate in the ring. (B+)

THOUGHTS:

-This was a good, old-fashion wrestling show, nothing too wacky, but a lot of eventful moments in the ring.

-The main event delivered - I had wondered if Backlund/David would overshadow it. This was Eaton's first ever 1-on-1 A+ match (he was involved in an A+ triple threat match with Backlund and David Von Erich). Hennig had previously wrestled three A+ matches, two with Backlund, and the third a triple threat with Backlund and Murdoch. Hennig only debuted in the company in August, and I believe he was a lower midcarder when he started. I guess Hennig winning here is kind of a surprising outcome, but I think in this universe, he's better than Eaton, who has lucked out/avoided defending the belt for months.

-Funk/Sullivan was fine - I had intended to put Sullivan over again here, but after Funk re-signed, I felt like he needed the boost here after his recent slump. And I wanted him to go into his main event managerial role as a winner in the previous match.

-David/Backlund was actually kind of disappointing at B+. I blame David - it seems like he's been off lately. I've said that Backlund "has David's number", but in 6 previous 1-on-1 matches, David's won 3, Backlund 2, and they've drew once. Still, that's probably more success than anyone else has had against David. One of those previous 6 matches was an A+, so it was somewhat disappointing to not get there here - though B+ is about their previous average. That sets up Backlund v. Hennig, who have wrestled tremendous matches in the past. I'll probably run that match on TV in two weeks.

-Inoki has a solid, if somewhat disappointing debut in a competitive match with Grappler #1. It's disappointing because Grappler just wrestled a better rated match with Villano V.

-The Sheepherders win the tag team titles 1 year after they won them the last time. This was a dominating victory, as Kerry's been in a slump, and Kevin's still injured. The match, like all of Kevin's matches lately, was horrible. He needs to get healed for this feud to continue.

-Kamala basically squashes Parsons in an OK match....Nothing happened here to stop his monster push. I'll try to keep Parsons out for some time to sell the injury here.

-Koloff is quietly stringing together some solid victories - he's undefeated in singles competition so far in 1985 (5-0-1). And he only lost three 1-on-1 matches in all of 1984 (and was on our roster the whole year).

-On the other side of things, The Great Kabuki, who has been forgotten since Tiger Mask was suspended, finally gets a win on the pre-show. That's his first win in a 1-on-1 match since defeating Magic Dragon in November. Before that, you have to go all the way back to last June to find his last 1-on-1 win (though he's spent much of his time teaming with Tiger Mask).

-I was very impressed by Olosnoski/Pogo on the pre-show. Pogo's contract is up - I'll reluctant to resign him just because our roster is so bloated, but he's been really, really, solid in the midcard. He's wrestled B- or better matches with a variety of guys: Leon White, Olosonoski, Billy Robinson, Iceman Parsons. He's also been very unsuccessful in the outcomes of those matches - he's 1-8-1 in 1985.

Last edited by molson : 04-06-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:23 AM   #837
molson
General Manager

NEWS:

-Nick Bockwinkle has rejected negotiations with me, as he's still loyal to the AWA. So I'll have to wait until they've cut ties entirely before he'll talk to me.

-Roddy Piper arrived late to the last show....He's a frequent offender, so I suspend him for another month. Piper is turning into a "special attraction", which is probably appropriate for his price tag. After this suspension, he'll have about 6 weeks left on his contract. If he wants a raise, then I won't resign him. Piper's match on TV with Parsons this week was his 1st and only match for us so far in 1985.

-Kevin Sullivan, Luke Williams, and Perry Jackson complain about their push. I don't recall Sullivan and Williams as complainers in the past - obviously their recent pushes have gone to their heads. Jackson apparently needs to lose to Owen Hart more to get a reality check.

-Arturo Mendoza has changed his style to "Regular Wrestler" - I'm not sure what he was before, maybe "Luchador". It's interesting that he's changed after wrestling exclusively in the US for a while. This can only help him, and he's already good.

-Bobby Eaton has signed with Stampede, where he'll work while we're not using him...That's a tremendous opportunity for him to improve even more, with the likes of Bret Hart, The Dynamite Kid, and Bad News Allen

-All Japan has officially closed, after being in financial trouble for several months. This follows the death of New Japan, and leaves UPW, which started during this dynasty, as the only surviving men's promotion in Japan. All Japan Women's Wrestling is also still around. All Japan is the 13th promotion to fold during this dynasty. There is now only one men's promotion in Japan and Mexico combined, leaving a ton of unemployed wrestlers. I'll have more thoughts about the ramifications of this in a later post.

-And it looks like there's no sign to the end of the bloodshed. The dirt sheets report that All-Star Wrestling (UK), Mid-South, SECW, and SWCW are all close to death as well. Things are starting to get interesting.

-Dick Murdoch won the National TV Title (Georgia promotion) from Jim Duggan.

-Angelo Mosca, who hasn't wrestled since January 1984, has announced he will retire soon.

-A number of wrestlers enter the universe (they couldn't have debuted at a worse time for job opportunities). Too Cold Scorpio and Johnny Ace are among the new arrivals.

-So just to keep score, here's the surviving promotions in the game universe right now (in order of prestige), with those in serious financial trouble indicated by a (*)

USA/Puerto Rico:
-World Class Championship Wrestling
-Georgia Championship Wrestling
-American Wrestling Association
-World Wrestling Council
-Mid-South Wrestling*
-Pacific Northwest
-Southeast Championship Wrestling*
-Southwest Championship Wrestling*
-International Championship Wrestling
-Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling
-St. Louis Wrestling Club

Canada:
-International Wrestling
-Maple Leaf Wrestling
-Calgary Stampede Wrestling
-Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling

UK:
-All-Star Wrestling*

Continental Europe:
-Catch Wrestling Association

Japan:
-All Japan Women's Pro Wrestling
-Universal Pro-Wrestling Federation

Mexico:
-None

Last edited by molson : 03-13-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #838
Swaggs
Coordinator

How are you doing financially? Any chance that Fritz let's you sign Hogan next month?
Old 03-13-2009, 02:45 PM   #839
molson
General Manager

Quote:
How are you doing financially? Any chance that Fritz let's you sign Hogan next month?

The details are in my next few updates here, but yes, February was just as good as Jaunuary, and I'm making a boatload on PPV. I have over a million in the bank now, and will be requesting negotiations will all of the heavy hitters again, including Hogan.

It's pretty awesome how the universe has worked out that way - so many companies dead, and the survivors are making a killing.

Last edited by molson : 03-13-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #840
Swaggs
Coordinator

Also, I must have missed it or forgotten it if I saw it, but did the WWF go out of business? I do not see them on the list above.

If they did, what is Vince McMahon up to? Is it possible that he could begin a new promotion?
Old 03-13-2009, 05:20 PM   #841
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Also, I must have missed it or forgotten it if I saw it, but did the WWF go out of business? I do not see them on the list above.

If they did, what is Vince McMahon up to? Is it possible that he could begin a new promotion?

Yup, they went out of business. I THINK McMahon got a job somewhere - maybe as a booker - I'll check that when I'm in front of the game again.

I don't know if people can start new promotions. Harley Race started the St. Louis Wrestling Club, but I assume that was programmed to happen by the mod developers. I haven't seen any purely AI-generated promotions, and I don't know if that's a possible occurence in this mod.

I'm always tempted to play God - maybe use the editor and kill off Vince J. McMahon, and give Vince K. McMahon an inheritence and a new northeast based promotion.

Last edited by molson : 03-13-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:13 PM   #842
molson
General Manager

WCCW - END OF FEBRUARY 1985 - MONTHLY REVIEW

POPULARITY

-Texas/Midsouth: 66.7% (up from 66.4% last month)
-Midwest: 64.8% (up from 63.6% last month)
-Southeast: 57.2% (up from 55.4% last month)
-New England: 54.4% (up from 52.2% last month)
-Southwest: 53.6% (up from 51.6% last month)
-North West: 53.5% (up from 51.5% last month)
-Great Lakes: 53.3% (up from 51.3% last month)
-Mid Atlantic: 53.3% (up from 51.3% last month)
-Tri-State: 53.3% (up from 51.3% last month)
-Puerto Rico: 39.4% (up from 37.6% last month)

-Strong increases continue throughout the country. This is the first time I've seen increases in Puerto Rico - my PPV/Closed Circuit Carrier Covers Puerto Rico, while my TV show does not. It looks like I'm only about 1-2 shows away from raising my midwest popularity to C+ level, which would put it in the same category at Texas.

FINANCES

Income (Last month in parenthesis):

PPV Revenue: 419,304 (461,472)
Ticket Sales: 618,840 (558,518)
Sponsors: 139,518 (140,157)
Merchandise: 211,200 (233,600)

Expenses:

Worker Costs: 307,875 (252,700)
Show Costs: 135,000 (164,000)
Marketing: 25,000 (25,000)
Merchandise: 27,008 (27,310)
Production: 64,000 (64,000)
Misc: 425,350 (438,587)

Total Profit: $404,549 ($422,150)
Cash in Bank: $1,162,974 ($758,425)

-The positive financial pictures continues for the second straight month. Even if that merchandise money suddenly decreased like it has in the past, I'd still be looking at a $200k profit. I was a little less conservative with work costs in February than I was in January, and it made very little difference to my bottom line

-So, since I'm sitting on a pile of cash, it's time to be slightly less conservative. It's hard to believe that just a few months ago, I scaled down the whole operation to save money. I was down to $336,275 in the bank, and I was losing more than $100k/month. But I was saved by PPV, and the merchandise explosion. My population increases across the country are making things easier as well

-I've re-started my DVD/Video Sales department. My business people tell me that it's revenues will be limited since I have free national TV, but it will help in continuing to expand my popularity. I've set the quality of the releases to "Above Average", the second of three tiers. I don't have a great sense of how that will benefit me, but the goal is to soon be maxed out in all areas of production so we can look like a big deal.

-I've taken the music department out-of-house and increased the quality to the mid-level "Minor Licensed". This is expensive, and it will run me about $40,000/month. I'm not sure what the benefit is, but I can afford it.

Custom Merchandise Settings:

(All set to sell every type of merchandise, unless noted)

Very Low Level (T-Shirts, Misc., and Posters Only):
-David Von Erich
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Von Erich

Very Low Level (T-Shirts Only)
-Iceman Parsons
-Bob Backlund
-Bobby Eaton
-Roddy Piper
-Tiger Mask
-Curt Hennig
-Antonio Inoki
-Terry Funk

-I make only very slight changes here, adding Inoki and Funk and removing Sammartino and Koko B. Ware. Sale levels still show "awful" for everyone, but I'm making tons of money somehow. There's some trigger that increased my merchandise revenue from around $15k a month to more than $200k, and then back down again. Now, we're on the happy side of $200k again, though I'm always concerned about it shooting back down.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:22 PM   #843
molson
General Manager

WCCW CHAMPIONS - End Of FEBRUARY 1985

-World Heavyweight Champion - 98.0% Prestige (Up From 97.2% Last Month)
Main Event Title
Curt Hennig (newly crowned).

-Television Champion - 69.3% Prestige (up from 69.1% last month)
Midcard Title
Butch Miller - (2 title defenses, 2-week reign)

-World Tag Team Champions - 69.4% Prestige (down from 70.0% last month)
Midcard Title
The Sheepherders - (newly crowned)

-Six-Man Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (up from 62.5% last month)
Main Event Title
Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, & Kevin Sullivan

-Cruiserweight Championship - 37.2% Prestige (Same as Last Month)
Low Level Title
Mike Von Erich - 2 title defenses, 3 month reign

-Mike Von Erich is the only remaining champion from last month's update, as all other belts changed hands. February saw the end of Bobby Eaton's 5-month World Title Reign, Kevin Von Erich's 6-month TV Title reign, and Kevin/Kerry's 6-month Tag Team Title reign. Also, we finally crowned new six-man-tag team champions, and bumped that championship up to "Main Event Title" Status.

Last edited by molson : 03-15-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #844
PilotMan
Head Coach

Looks like you resolved your attendance problem for your big show. That's good to see.

Like Steam?

Old 03-15-2009, 08:23 PM   #845
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Looks like you resolved your attendance problem for your big show. That's good to see.

Yes, I think that was your tip a few pages back, not to run three shows in the same region in the course of a week. So now, I always run that week 4 house show somewhere else.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #846
molson
General Manager

WCCW STORYLINES - END OF FEBRUARY 1985

Storylines with participants and date of origin, in order of current heat:

1. Eaton/Koko hides the belt from David: Eaton/Koko/David Von Erich (October)
2. Hart Limited Drama: Gary Hart/Mendoza/Bundy/Villano IV (January)
3. Hennig v. Murdoch Part II: Hennig/Murdoch/Funk/Sullivan/Grappler #1 (January)
4T. Tag Team Title Storyline: Sheepherders v. Kerry/Kevin (April, recently evolved to include The Sheepherders, and to eliminate Tiger Mask/Kabuki, Mendoza/Bundy)
4T. Olsonoski v. Somers: Olsonoski/Somers (January)
4T. Cruiserweight Title Feud: Mike Von Erich/Villano V (January)

Set to Debut:
-Backlund/Inoki
-Kamala Winning Streak
-White/Cook/Koloff

Lower midcarders and higher without a current or pending storyline:

-Roddy Piper
-The Great Kabuki
-Grappler #2
-Tiger Mask
-Mark Youngblood
-Mr. Pogo

-The Eaton/Ware/David storyline is the only one in the company with any kind of real momentum, so it will continue even though Eaton is no longer World Champion. Likewise, Hennig being the World Champion won't end his storyline with Funk/Murdoch/Sullivan.

-The Koloff/Parsons angle officially came to an end in February.

-Three new storylines are set to debut: Backlund v. Inoki, a Kamala "monter push", and a Leon White/Charlie Cook/Nikita Koloff storyline, which is designed to push White up into the upper midcard at least.

WRESTLER CONFLICTS

-The following wrestlers are unavailable on these days in October, as they consider these companies priorities over WCCW:

NONE

-The AWA is still 0.6% behind me in prestige. I have to keep watching them, as we share a few workers - each of whom will consider the more prestigious company their priority. Mid-Atlantic remains 2.6% behind.

EXCLUSIVE WORKERS

-These are the on-screen workers who happen to work for no one else but me. I'll try to give them a heavier workload, as they're the least likely to have fatigue issues. These guys are also relatively safer when it comes to talent cuts (this list does not include wrestlers who who are exclusively contracted to us, but as of the beginning of the month, have outstanding loan commitments with other promotions).

-Al Perez
-Antonio Inoki
-Barry Orton
-Bill Mercer
-Billy Robinson
-Charlie Cook
-Curt Hennig
-David Manning
-The Sheepherders
-David Von Erich
-Doug Somers
-Dusty Wolfe
-El Halcon
-Fritz Von Erich
-The Grapplers
-Iceman Parsons
-Jackie Fargo
-Kamala
-Jose Lothario
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Sullivan
-Kevin Von Erich
-Leon White
-Mark Youngblood
-Mike Von Erich
-Mr. Pogo
-Nikita Koloff
-Owen Hart
-Perry Jackson
-Ricky Romero
-Steve Olsonoski
-The Great Kabuki
-Villano IV
-Villano V

WRESTLER COMPLAINTS

-Gary Hart is very unhappy about how often he's been unused on shows
-Kamala is unhappy about how often he's been unused on shows
-King Kong Bundy is extremely unhappy about how often he's been unused on shows
-Perry Jackson is very unhappy about how he's been pushed
-Roddy Piper is extremely unhappy about how often he's been unused on shows
-Tiger Mask is unhappy about how often he's been unused on shows.

-The locker room is a little bit happier than recent months, thanks to the departure of the whining Sammartinos. A lot of these existing issues will be taken care of - Kamala is now a regular, Hart/Bundy will return soon from their hiatus, and the month-long suspension of Tiger Mask is about up.

WRESTLER DISAGREEMENTS ABOUT PUSHES

-These are guys that have let me know they think they should be pushed better (including those listed above, whose complaints have risen to the level of affecting morale). (loan agreement workers designated by *). This doesn't include start-of-month changes.

-Barry Orton thinks he should be a lower midcarder
-Butch Miller thinks he should be an upper midcarder
-Dick Murdoch thinks he should be a main eventer
-El Halcon thinks he should be a lower midcarder
-Grappler #1 thinks he should be an upper midcarder
-Kevin Sullivan thinks he should be a main eventer
-Luke Williams thinks he should be an upper midcarder
-Mark Youngblood thinks he should be a midcarder
-Nikita Koloff thinks he should be an upper midcarder
-Perry Jackson thinks he should be a lower midcarder
-Roddy Piper thinks he should be a main eventer
-Tiger Mask thinks he should be an upper midcarder

-Again, the locker room seems slightly happier this month, after removing the cancers of the Sammartinos and The Road Warriors. I'll take a look at the roster and consider all of these requests for promotions.

Last edited by molson : 03-15-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:10 PM   #847
molson
General Manager

Current Momentum Ratings (End of February, 1985), with last month is parenthesis.

B
Bob Backlund (B-)
Curt Hennig (B)

B-
Butch Miller (C+)
Terry Funk (C+)
Antonio Inoki (N/A)
Koko B. Ware (B+)

C+
Dick Murdoch (C+)
Grappler #1 (C+)
Villano IV (D)
Kevin Von Erich (B)
Iceman Parsons (B)
Leon White (C-)
Nikita Koloff (C)
Kevin Sullivan (B)
David Von Erich (B)
Billy Robinson (N/A)
Bobby Eaton (B+)
Roddy Piper (B-)
The Great Kabuki (C)

C
Arturo Mendoza (C)
King Kong Bundy (C)
Tiger Mask (C+)
Grappler #2 (C)
Luke Williams (C+)
Villano V (C)
Kerry Von Erich (B-)

C-
Mr. Pogo (B-)
Kamala (N/A)
El Halcon (N/A)
Doug Somers (C-)

D+
Charlie Cook (N/A)
Steve Olsonoski (D)

D
Mike Von Erich (C-)
Al Perez (D+)

D-
None

E+
Perry Jackson (E)
Dusty Wolfe (E+)

E
None

E-
Mark Youngblood (E-)

F+
Barry Orton (F)
Owen Hart (F)
------

Rising in February: Bob Backlund, Butch Miller, Terry Funk, Villano IV, Leon White, Nikita Koloff, The Great Kabuki, Steve Olsonoksi, Perry Jackson, Barry Orton, Owen Hart,

Falling in February: Koko B. Ware, Kevin Von Erich, Iceman Parsons, Kevin Sullivan, David Von Erich, Bobby Eaton, Roddy Piper, Tiger Mask, Luke Williams, Kerry Von Erich, Mr. Pogo, Mike Von Erich, Al Perez,

-In a reverse from last month, More guys falling than rising. A few take pretty steep drops - led by Bobby Eaton and Mr. Pogo, who drop three grades.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #848
General Mike
Pro Starter

Great stuff molson.

How about an Owen Hart vs Leon White match for me somewhere.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #849
molson
General Manager

ROSTER, END OF FEBRUARY, 1985

MAIN EVENTERS

Bob Backlund
David Von Erich
Terry Funk
Curt Hennig
Bobby Eaton
Dick Murdoch
Antonio Inoki

-Koko B. Ware drops down, is replaced by Dick Murdoch. Antonio Inoki debuted in this group in February. I expect nothing but A+ matches in the upcoming Inoki/Backlund feuds. Ware has been a good supporting player in all of the stuff involving Eaton, but now with Eaton out of the spotlight at World Champion, he moves down a notch.

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Luke Williams
Butch Miller
Roddy Piper
Kevin Von Erich
Kevin Sullivan
Grappler #1
Kamala

-Kerry Von Erich and Iceman Parsons drop down out of this group from last month. Dick Murdoch moves up to the main event. The Sheepherders, off of their tag team championship win, move up here. Kamala debuts here. And the Grappler, who I certainly never thought of at this level when I signed him, gets a deserved promotion as well, based on his strong in-ring performance. This group is extremely heel-heavy - 6 heels to 1 face. The lower part of the roster restores the balance.

MIDCARDERS

Kerry Von Erich
Iceman Parsons
Tiger Mask
The Great Kabuki
Arturo Mendoza
Grappler #2
Steve Olsonoski
Nikita Koloff
Mike Von Erich
King Kong Bundy
Mr. Pogo

-Kerry Von Erich and Iceman Parsons join this group after a demotion from the upper midcard. This might be the lowest Kerry has been - I imagine there will be a gradual decline of the Von Erichs in this dynasty, as I get more and more popular, and have more and more access to greater talents. The Sheepherders move up and out of this group.

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Doug Somers
Villano V
Mark Youngblood
Leon White
Charlie Cook
El Halcon

-El Halcon debuted in January as an Opener, but he was good enough in his first few weeks to move up here. Otherwise, it's the same group as last month. I'll be shocked if Leon White doesn't move up by March.

OPENERS

Al Perez
Villano IV
Perry Jackson
Barry Orton
Owen Hart

-Same group as last month. Perry Jackson keeps complaining about his position, but he just hasn't earned the promotion just yet.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Dusty Wolfe

OCCASIONAL WRESTLER

Billy Robinson

-Robinson has a slight initial push before being manhandled by Nikita Koloff at February Star Wars. That loss puts him back in his place as an "occasional" wrestler - he'll probably see a lot of tag team matches with younger wrestlers to help build them up.

OTHERS

Skandor Akbar
Gary Hart
Lance Russell
David Manning
Jose Lothario
Fritz Von Erich
Ray Stevens
Ricky Romero
Bill Mercer
Jackie Fargo

CONTRACTS UP IN NEXT 60 DAYS

-Mr. Pogo (4 Days)
-Al Perez (19 Days)
-The Great Kabuki (42 Days)
-David Manning (43 Days)
-Tiger Mask (56 Days)
-Skandor Akbar (47 Days)
Old 03-15-2009, 11:55 PM   #850
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-With all this money in the bank, I request negotiations with some of the biggest stars in the wrestling universe. I'm pretty content with my roster right now, so I'm really just looking for one guy to help faster catapult us to national level. So I'm looking to talk to :

-Ric Flair
-Dusty Rhodes
-Hulk Hogan
-The Junkyard Dog
-Bruiser Brody
-Stan Hansen
-Sgt. Slaughter

-I attempt to "declare war" on Mid-Atlantic and Georgia - that means that no worker can work for both of us (which would benefit me, as the higher prestige company). I'm tempted to declare war on every other company at this point. Though, I also offer "working relationship" (which would allow talent trades), with most other promotions in the universe that I don't consider a threat. With all the carnage in the wrestling industry, I currently retain working agreements with only three promotions: Pacific Northwest Wrestling, WWC, and Mid-South.

-While I'm thinking of the talent trades, I decide to make a few:
-Iceman Parsons to Portland Wrestling for Jerry Lawler (3 appearances)
-Roddy Piper to Portland Wrestling for Greg Valentine (3 apperances)

-We'll use Lawler to main event a southeast house show. We've used Valentine in the past - he's over pretty much everywhere and is good at pretty much everything.

Last edited by molson : 03-15-2009 at 11:55 PM.