Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-16-2009, 07:57 PM   #851
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I'm not a wrestling fan, and I've gotten totally wrapped up in this dynasty. Keep it up.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:11 AM   #852
molson
General Manager

THE STARS OF WORLD CLASS ON TOUR
Monday, Week 1, March 1985
Dallas, TX (Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 2,337 Ticket prices: $3 over Default
Actual Attendance: 2,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Mark Youngblood defeats Dusty Wolfe in 5:44 by pinfall. (C+). After the match, Bill Mercer interviewed Youngblood about his win. (D)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Grappler #2 (w/Grappler #1) defeats El Halcon in 7:50 by pinfall. (B-).

-As the show starts, Lance Russell stands in the ring and introduces the new WCCW World Heavyweight Champion, Curt Hennig, who comes to the ring. Hennig cuts a lengthy promo hyping his world title win, and thanking the fans, Terry Funk, and The Von Erichs. He also says that he knows that the challengers are already lining up, and will all be gunning for him - starting with the current #1 Contender, Bob Backlund. He also also hypes tonight's main event - a WCCW Six Man Tag Team Championship Match between Backlund/Murdoch/Sullivan and Hennig/Funk/David Von Erich. (A)

-Leon White defeats Doug Somers in in 7:15 by pinfall. (B-). White seemed off his game. The match suffered from a lack of psychology. After the match, Bill Mercer interviewed White about his win, and his strong performance in one of the TV battle royals last week. Mercer also asked White about the recent insults directed at him by another former NFL player, Charlie Cook. White says that he just comes to work like anyone else, and he isn't interested in getting in arguments with people. (D+)

-Charlie Cook commandeered Bill Mercer for an interview before his match. Cook insults White again - this time, the attacks take a more viciously personal tone. (C-)

-Al Perez defeats Charlie Cook in 5:35 by pinfall after interference from Leon White, who appeared to lose his temper and charged to the ring shortly after the match began. (D+) He attacked Cook on the oustside of the ring while the referee wasn't looking, leading to an easy win for Perez. Cook seemed off his game.

-Kamala, The Ugandan Giant, came to the ring and attacked his opponent, Owen Hart, before the bell rang. (C-)

-Kamala (w/Skandor Akbar) defeats Owen Hart in 5:44 by pinfall after a top-rope splash. (C+). The two showed poor chemistry. Kamala and Akbar showed bad chemistry as well. After the match, physicians attended to an injured Hart. Like Iceman Parsons at February Star Wars, Hart was stretchered back to the locker room. (D-)

-Bill Mercer interviewed Antonio Inoki about his win over Grappler #1 at February Star Wars, and their rematch tonight. Mercer also asked Inoki about rumors that Bob Backlund isn't happy about Inoki's hype videos calling him a "former WWF Champion". Inoki laughs off the question, saying that while he knows the WWF had their reasons for not recognizing that title change, both he and Bob Backlund know what happened that night in Japan. (C)

-Antonio Inoki defeats Grappler #1 (w/Grappler #2) in 13:35 by pinfall. (A). Inoki overcame interference from Grappler #2, who illegally switched himself into the match for the weakened (and identical looking) Grappler #1 when #1 became fatigued. The match suffered from a lack of selling.

-Ray Stevens came to the ring with his stable: Bob Backlund, Kevin Sullivan, Dick Murdoch. He cut a promo hyping the group, and their upcoming Six Man Tag Team Title Defense. He especially calls out Hennig, and claims that his time with the World Title will be short. (C+)

-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match
Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, & Kevin Sullivan (w/Ray Stevens) defeats Curt Hennig, Terry Funk, & David Von Erich in 24:56 when Backlund pinned Hennig following illegal interference from Stevens. (B). The heels make their 1st title defense. Backlund, Funk, and Hennig looked good. Before the match, Backlund insisted he be introduced as the "WWF Champion".

Overall Show Rating: B

THOUGHTS:

-Solid show that wasn't looking so good at first.

-With my improved finances, I'll be running more tag team matches, which will put a greater emphasis on the six-man tag team titles. Those matches give more guys an opportunity to improve, and keeps everyone happy. Backlund gets the pinfall on Hennig, the man he is scheduled to face soon for the World Title. Hennig has had some success against Backlund - last October, he defeated him once and wrestled him to a draw twice.

-The match of the night, though, was Inoki/Grappler #1, who topped their February Star Wars match with a terrific "A" rated match here. We're starting to assemble more guys on the roster who can pull off A+ matches - that's key to someday nailing down our first A- or higher overall card.

-Everything else was pretty disappointing, especially the revelation that Kamala/Akbar don't work well together. I'll run a storyline where Akbar "can't control" Kamala and has to sell his contract to someone else for liability reasons....I just have to find someone on the unemployment line who looks tougher than Akbar....

-Leon White got his first taste of a storyline, as he costs Charlie Cook a match. White has a lot to learn about showing charisma, etc, but I was happy with his match with Doug Somers.

-Grappler #1/El Halcon impressed on the pre-show. That was the highest rated match in this dynasty for Halcon, and the Grappler matched his high.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:27 AM   #853
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-I re-sign Mr. Pogo for another 3 months at $1,200/show, a slight raise from his old $1,100/show deal. He's been in several good matches, but hasn't had a lot of success from a W/L standpoint. That will probably pick up for him a tad now that he's signed up.

-Dick Murdoch is exhausted after the last show. He wrestled 17 matches in February between us, Georgia, and mid-south.

-Tiger Mask has officially returned from suspension. He has about two months to prove he's worth the big money. The dirt sheets meanwhile, are reporting that he's causing problems backstage, in a political move to try to gain more power in the company. Maybe it's time to job him out and let his contract expire....There's a chance he wouldn't re-sign anyway, because he's decided he doesn't like me (probably because of the suspension).

-Mid-Atlantic and Georgia have accepted my declaration of war. So worker will be permitted to work for both of us. I THINK that means Murdoch will leave them in the next few days, which will leave him more rested for us. Mid-Atlantic also uses Terry Funk and and Roddy Piper - that would be a big blow for them if they lost those guys.

-I haven't declared war on the AWA yet - they're a little too close to me in prestige, and if they passed me, that means a bunch of guys on my roster (including Bobby Eaton), would stop working for me. So I'm keeping up good relations with them.

-Seven other promotions, that I deemed less of a threat, agreed to my offer to establish a "working agreement", allowing us to engage in talent trades. That just gives me more options down the road.

-I've requested negotiations with a couple of guys that might make a decent manager for Kamala - Mad Dog Vachon, Ox Baker, and thinking a little outside the box, a recently-retired Adrian Street.

-I've requested buy-out talks will all of the promotions who are apparently near the end of the road (Mid-South, SECW, SWCS, All-Star Wrestling (UK).

Last edited by molson : 03-17-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:19 AM   #854
molson
General Manager

WORLD CLASS WRESTLING (LIVE TV SHOW)
Wednesday, Week 1, March 1985
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 4,675; Ticket Prices: default
Actual Attendance: 5,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Bill Mercer interviewed Billy Robinson and Mark Youngblood, who are teaming together for the first time, to face the more established team of Perry Jackson & Barry Orton. (D+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Barry Orton & Perry Jackson defeat Billy Robinson & Mark Youngblood in 7:31 when Jackson pinned Youngblood. (C). Robinson & Youngblood showed excellent chemistry as a team. Robinson looked good.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Grappler #2 (w/Grappler #1) defeats El Halcon in 6:22 by pinfall. (C+)

-As the show starts, Curt Hennig is announced as the new World Heavyweight Champion - he comes down to the ring with his mentor, Terry Funk. Much like at the last house show, Hennig cuts a lengthy promo recapping the night we won the title, and his first week as champion. He thanks Terry Funk, the fans, and the Von Erichs. He says that he knows he faces many challenges as champion, including the #1 Contender, Bob Backlund. Hennig, says that as #1 Contender, Backlund is guaranteed a title shot during the month of March, and he'll get it, live on TV, in two weeks. However, says Hennig, he's not obligated to sit on the belt until then. In fact, Hennig has decided that he's going to defend his World Title for the first time next week on TV, against a man who Hennig admires, a man who never got the 1-on-1 title shot he deserved against Bobby Eaton. Hennig says he will defend the World Title against David Von Erich next week. With that, Bob Backlund and Ray Stevens come down to ringside - Backlund is wearing what appears to be his old WWF Championship belt (a belt he broke out for a storyline last year as well). Backlund takes issue with Hennig not giving him the very 1st title shot, considering he's the #1 Contender, and considering that he just defeated David for #1 Contender spot at Ferbruary Star Wars. Hennig says he's cleared it with Commissioenr Lothario, and it's all legal. While Backlund is guaranteed a title shot in March as the #1 Contender, that doesn't stop Hennig from defending the title against whoever else he wants, whenever else he wants. Backlund then claims that whoever wins the Hennig/David match will face Backlund in two weeks in a World Title unification match - making reference to his WWF Title. (The announcers note that Backlund has apparently been unhappy with the Antonio Inoki's hype videos, which described Inoki as a "former WWF Champion" - referencing a brief title reign that started when Inoki defeated Backlund in 1979. The reign was never offically recognized by the WWF. Funk and Hennig just look confused. (B+)

-Backstage, Commissioner Jose Lothario stands with Skandor Akbar, and the WCCW TV Champion (and new co-holder of the World Tag Team Championship), Butch Miller. Miller is prepared to draw his random challenger from the rolling drum of volunteered names. But first, Lothario says he has other business for Akbar. After serious injuries suffered by Iceman Parsons at February Star Wars, and Owen Hart at a house show earlier this week in Dallas, Lothario is officially banning Kamala's top rope splash. Lothario demands that Akbar control his client. (C+) Miller than draws the name of his challenger for the TV Title - Mr. Pogo. (C)

-The announcers hype the upcoming return to the ring of Tiger Mask, who has been out of the country for sometime, as he was wrestling in Japan (in actuality, he was suspended). The announcers introduce a video, which shows highlights of the masked Japanese high-flyer. (C)

-Grappler #1 (w/Grappler #2) drew with Tiger Mask in 20:00 when the time limit expired. (B).

-David & Kerry Von Erich cut a backstage promo hyping their main event tag match this week with Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware. The Von Erichs put over Curt Hennig's world title win, and they congratulate him on his success. David says he is honored that Hennig has chosen him to be his first title defense. Kerry & David then turn their attention to Eaton & Ware - saying it's no longer about the world title, but it's still personal. (B-)

-Kamala, The Ugandan Giant comes to the ring for his match with Al Perez, but he attacks Perez before the match even started. (C-)

-Kamala (w/Skandor Akbar) defeats Al Perez in 4:41 by pinfall, without utilizing the top rope splash. (B). After the match is won, however, Akbar quickly loses control of Kamala, who then hits the top rope splash on Perez. Medical staff attends to Perez for several minutes. Perez is then stretchered out of the ring - the third victim of Kamala in less than a week. (D)

-WCCW Television Championship Match
Butch Miller (w/Skandor Akbar) drew with Mr. Pogo in 7:35 following a double DQ, and a violent match. Miller makes his 3rd defense of the TV Title. (B). After the match, an out of control Kamala returns to the ring, and attacks Mr. Pogo, who is able to escape before Kamala hits the top rope splash on him. (C)

-David & Kerry Von Erich defeat Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware in 23:30 when David made Eaton submit. (B+). Eaton and Ware looked good.

THOUGHTS:

-Very strong show, we must have just missed a B+

-The main event was basically the blow-off match in the whole Eaton/Ware/David saga, which started last July, almost a year ago. All four guys will likely drop in importance a little.

-Kamala's getting a nice push as an out-of-control monster, he was all over the show. And he's getting several vintage monster heel angles all at once: The banned move (top rope splash), the stretchering out of opponents, and the generally wild and controllable actions. So it was GREAT to see him pull out a "B" rated match with Al Perez of all people. That's a great sign. The only guy to get better from Perez is Dick Murdoch. Iceman Parsons, Owen Hart, and Perez will all be out for sometime with kayfabe injuries caused by Kamala.

-Fellow heels Pogo and Miller had a solid match as well over the TV title, considering they faced the heel v. heel penalty, and had bad chemistry on top of that.

-Tiger Mask returned to face Grappler #1 (for some reason I love putting the masked guys in the ring against each other). After seeing Grappler's success against Inoki, I had a long-shot hope that this would crack "A" or even "A+", but it wasn't meant to be. Still solid though. We actually have six masked wrestlers on the roster right now.

-Hennig as world champion feels right, but he'll be very lucky to hold onto the title past the roadblock he's set up for himself over the next two weeks: David, then Backlund. Backlund is starting to go back into "delusional/crazy" Backlund mode, where he claims to still be the WWF World Champion.

-One of the roles I had in mind for Billy Robinson was to team up with our younger face jobbers. He did that here with Mark Youngblood, so I was glad to see that they "excellent" chemistry as a team - I don't think I've ever seen that particular road agent note (at least the "excellent" part). So they'll keep teaming, and hopefully have more success as they go
Old 03-18-2009, 01:01 AM   #855
molson
General Manager

NEWS:

-Taking a look at the two guys I just brought in for 3 appearances via talent trade, I set Jerry Lawler as a main event face, and Greg Valentine as a main event heel. The last time Greg Valentine was around, he had a mini-feud with Kevin Von Erich culminating at November Star Wars.

-The TV show delivers a 4.11 rating, that's up .01 from last week.

-All four of the companies I requested buyout negotiations with reject me.

-Arn Anderson won the AWA TV Title from Ted Dibiase. It's only the 2nd career championship for Anderson, who won the SECW Heavyweight Title last year.

-Ted Dibiase had better luck teaming with Jake Roberts to win the Pacific Northwest Tag Team Championship from from Don Muraco and Paul Orndorff.

-Dusty Rhodes declined to negotiate with me, saying he wants to focus on his career with Mid-Atlantic. Ric Flair and Sgt. Slaughter reject negotiations as well - saying I'm not big enough for them. Since I'm as "big" as it gets in wrestling right now, they're obviously content to sit out and count their money.

-A number of the other big names do talk to me, however.

-Hulk Hogan appears to be far more reasonable with his demands than the last time we talked - he's down to $3,200/show - less than Roddy Piper makes, and only a few hundred/show less than what I just signed Terry Funk for. Still, grumpy old Fritz caps me at $2,514. Maybe he just doesn't like Hogan. And maybe Hogan lowered his asking price because I now employ two of his closest friends - Kamala, and Antonio Inoki.

-Fritz caps my offer to Bruiser Brody at $2,754 - when Brody is asking for $3,075. No deal

-Fritz caps my offer to Stan Hansen at $2,753 - when Hansen wants $2,932.

-That just leaves the Junkyard Dog - who is willing to sign at a Fritz-friendly $2,400/show. But while JYD's immense Texas popularity is always intriguing, he's just not that impressive in the stats outside of Charisma. As much as I'd like to put him in a feud with Roddy Piper, I decide to pass for now.

-So no major roster additions yet - we certainly have plenty of talent on the roster to continue our growth. Sooner or later, the stars will align and I'll bring in another major player. Until then, I'll develop my own.

-Les Thorton and The Iron Shiek won the AWA Tag Team Titles for the 3rd time, defeating Manny Fernandez and Wahoo McDaniel.

-Our world champion, Curt Hennig, has signed to work with Maple Leaf Wrestling on nights when we're not using him. He joins fellow WCCW workers Roddy Piper and Koko B. Ware. That sounds like a fun trio to hang out with on a Saturday night in Toronto.

-Kerry Brown is hyped in the dirt sheets as a future star. Brown, the nephew of Bulldog Bob Brown, works for Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling in the Canadian Maritimes.

-Adrian Street rejected my request for negotiations for a non-managerial position, saying he's already stretched too thin.

-Ox Baker though, is willing to sign for $2,250/show. That's pricey, but he's a great talent: an "A" rating in mic skills, Charisma, and Menace, and B+ in Star Quality. I'll bring him in as a the "handler" for Kamala. He could certainly move into a road agent capacity down the road if I wanted to go that way. He officially retired from in-ring competition in 1983.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #856
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
I'm not a wrestling fan, and I've gotten totally wrapped up in this dynasty. Keep it up.

I appreciate that, thanks!
Old 03-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #857
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
Great stuff molson.

How about an Owen Hart vs Leon White match for me somewhere.

This will happen soon after Hart comes back from his injury.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:16 PM   #858
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 2, March 1985
Jackson, TN (Southeast - Tiny Venue)
Expected Attendance: 1,499 Ticket prices: $3 over Default
Actual Attendance: 1,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Charlie Cook defeats Mark Youngblood in 6:29 by pinfall. (D+)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Bill Mercer interviews the team of Billy Robinson and El Halcon, who are teaming for the first time tonight against the more established team of the Grapplers. Robinson does most of the talking - he says he's been enjoying wrestling in tag team matches the last few weeks - he's looking for a partner he gels with to make a run at the tag team titles. (D)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
-The Grapplers defeats Billy Robinson & El Halcon in 7:49 when Grappler #1 pinned El Halcon. (C+)

-WCCW Commissioner Jose Lothario came out to the ring to start the main show. He welcomed the Tennessee fans, and recapped some of the recent events in WCCW. Also, he hyped what he said is the best time of the year in WCCW - spring. Lothrio says March will give us the Last Man Standing Event, April has the King of Texas Wrestling Tournament, and May has the Parade of Champions, the biggest show of the whole year. And for the first time, Lothario hypes, all of these events are available on PPV/Closed Circuit TV. Lothario than hypes the Last Man Standing event, which he says is perhaps the most interesting tournament in all of wrestling. He says that, as last year, the event will consist of 5 random-pairing tag team matches - competitors won't know who they're facing, or who their tag team partner is, until seconds before the match, when the pairings are drawn randomly by fans at ringside. The five winning teams will then compete in a 10-man over-the-top battle royal, where it's every man for himself. The winner is the 1985 Last Man Standing. The stakes will be high, says Lothario, as the winner will receive:

-$10,000 Cash
-A brand-new, 1985 Chevy Camaro
-The Gigantic Last Man Standing Trophy
-Automatic Entry Into the King of Texas Wrestling Tournament
-A Contract For a Championship Match - (Can Be Used To Challenge For Any Championship, Single or Tag-Team, With 7 Days Notice, and No Expiration Date).

-Jose Lothario claims that he has received an inquiry from the 1984 Last Man Standing, Terry Gordy, who wishes to be granted an exemption from his "losers leave WCCW match" to defend his trophy in 1985. Lothario says he has taken this request under advisement. This year, says Lothario, wrestlers have to earn their way into the event by winning a "Last Man Standing Qualifying Match" - the first two of which will take place tonight in Jackson, TN. However, all current champions will be granted automatic entry. Thus, Curt Hennig, Mike Von Erich, The Sheepherders, Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, and Kevin Sullivan will all participate. 2 of the final 13 spots will be decided tonight. (D)

-Then, Lothario states that one of his campaign promises when he was running for WCCW Commissioner was to bring elite talent into WCCW. Lothario says that tonight, he's fulfilled that promise yet again, as Tennessee wrestling legend Jerry "The King" Lawler will wrestle in the main event, in a "Last Man Standing Qualifying Match" against Bobby Eaton. Lothario introduces Lawler, who comes to the ring to a huge ovation, and cuts a lengthy promo. He says that when he signed this match with Bobby Eaton several weeks ago, he thought he'd be wrestling the World Champion - but now, he's just wrestling a chump. He hypes the match further, and puts over the Tennessee wrestling fans. (B)

-Last Man Standing Qualifying Match
Leon White defeats Dusty Wolfe in 5:45 by pinfall to become participant #8 in the Last Man Standing Event. (C-). White looked good. White showed off a more aggressive, meaner wrestling style. (C-). After the match, Bill Mercer tried to interview White about his win, but all White wanted to talk about was Charlie Cook, who has been insulting him in recent weeks. White claims that when he first came to WCCW, he and Cook traveled together, sharing a bond over their football careers. White says that without getting into details, Cook stabbed him in the back, and now is insulting him in public every chance he gets. White says that he's had enough, and that Cook better watch himself, because when White gets a hold of him, it won't be pretty. (D-)

-WCCW World Champion Curt Hennig comes to the ring and cuts a general hype promo, along with his mentor, Terry Funk (B+). He hypes his World Title Defense against David Von Erich scheduled for this week's TV show, and his scheduled defense next week against #1 Contender Bob Backlund.

-Non-Title Match
Curt Hennig (w/Terry Funk) defeats Mr. Pogo in 10:43 by pinfall. (B+) The match suffered from a lack of selling.

-Skandor Akbar comes to the ring with his clients, the WCCW World Tag Team Champion Sheepherders. Akbar says that with the addition of Kamala, and the winning streak of Nikita Koloff, his Destruction, Inc. stable is the strongest it has ever been. (C)

-Non-Title Match
The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Abkar) defeat The Villanos in 7:39 when Williams pinned Villano IV. (D). There was a bizarre occurrence during the match. Two "fans" - an Elvis impersonator, and a minister, jumped out of the crowd and into the ringside area, and tried to start a conversation with the Villanos. The Villanos looked shocked, and "Elvis" and the minister were quickly escorted out by security. Some fans may have noticed that the Elvis impersonator looked a lot like Gary Hart, and the 400+ pound minister could easily have been mistaken for King Kong Bundy. After this encounter, the Villanos appeared very flustered, and quickly lost the match. (D). After the match, the wild Sheepherders celebrated their win around ringside, stealing beer and sodas from fans and drinking them. (C+)

-Fritz Von Erich cut a quick promo before the main event, thanking the fans for coming out. (E+)

-Bobby Eaton, alongside his associate Koko B. Ware cut a promo hyping his upcoming main event match with Jerry Lawler. Eaton trashes Lawler, saying that even though Curt Hennig stole the belt from him, tonight is still the closest Lawler will ever come to a World Championship.

-Last Man Standing Qualifying Match.
Jerry Lawler defeats Bobby Eaton (w/Koko B. Ware) in 31:38 by pinfall to earn the #9 spot in the Last Man Standing Event. (A+) After the match. Lawler celebrates with the fans at ringside. (B+)

Overall Show Rating: B-

THOUGHTS:

-It's pretty easy to run good shows in the Southeast, even when you leave your major stars at home. I think that's because so many workers have overness in that region, and the fans are rated as extremely passionate wrestling fans.

-The main event delivered big-time, which isn't surprising, since we used probably the two most over Southeast guys we had. Eaton is in a bit of a tailspin since losing the little. So Lawler will be in the Last Man Standing event, and don't rule him out just because he's on a loan contract - Buzz Sawyer, after all, won the King of the Texas Deathmatch tournament (albeit after invoking a creative control clause).

-I thought I needed an extra storyline element to avoid a penalty so I figured the timing was right for King Kong Bundy and Gary Hart to emerge. The last we saw them, several months ago, Gary Hart was having a nervous breakdown, and then disappeared, along with Bundy, in Las Vegas. He left the Villanos in the middle of the Six-Man Tag Team Championship Tournament. His disappearance seemed to have a particular emotional impact on Arturo Mendoza, who Hart had built up to the cusp of the main event. And now, he shows up here dressed like Elvis, along with Bundy, who was dressed like a minister......

-Hennig wrestles his first match as World Champion, it's a good one against the reliable Mr. Pogo. This was actually the best ever match for Mr. Pogo.

-Leon White, who still is using a "Colorado outdoorsman" gimmick, is getting a little more violent. He's warned Charlie Cook that he's coming after him, for mostly undisclosed reasons (other than the repeated public insults). This whole storyline is designed to give White a little exposure, and see if he's ready to jump up the roster a little.

-Lothario hyped Last Man Standing, which is mostly a rip-off of the old NWA/WCW "Lethal Lottery". I'm a big fan of annual "tournament titles", of which we have four (Last Man Standing, King of Texas Wrestling, The Texas Rumble, King of The Texas Death Match). Lothario teased that Terry Gordy might participate - I had realized that the Freebirds have been gone for 6 months, which means they're eligible to be re-signed again. I think its too soon to bring them back for an actual return, but it would be pretty cool if I could bring Gordy in short-term, to defend his Last Man Standing crown. Unfortunately, since Gordy is working on a short-term contract with Atlantic Grand-Prix, that promotion is unwilling to trade him on a talent loan. So I request negotiations with him. If we're able to agree, I'd be inclined to keep him the whole three months, to not risk souring my relationship with him by firing him again.

Last edited by molson : 03-19-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:37 AM   #859
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-I negotiated a little with Mad Dog Vachon (who has an A+ respect rating and would make a great road agent), but since Ox Baker showed up at my office first and got the job, I send the Mad Dog on his way.

-The Assassin won the Pacific Northwest TV Championship from Tom Prichard. I'm not sure when exactly it happened, but Pacific Northwest Wrestling has moved up to cult status, bucking the trend of failing promotions. Their main eventers right now are Jake Roberts, Greg Valentine, Ted Dibiase, Jerry Lawler, Don Muraco. They also have Gino Hernandez, Roddy Piper, Paul Orndorff, Iceman Parsons, and many more.

-I was asked about Vince McMahon earlier - after the fall of the WWF, Vince got a job as a commentator with Joe Blanchard's Southwest Championshiop Wrestling. Vince shares the broadcast boost with color commentator Adrian Street. That's like a license to print money right there. On the theory that Hulk Hogan has reduced his asking price because I employ several of his friends, I decide to request negotiations with his "best friend" - Vince. Vince could fill a number of roles - he could certainly be an amusing manager of Bob Backlund.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #860
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 2, March 1985
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Bill Mercer interviewed WCCW Cruiserweight Champion, Mike Von Erich, who appeared to be somewhat annoyed at Villano V's high-risk move that lead to a 2-minute match and a Double Countout at February Star Wars. Mike says that the Cruiserweight division needs all the exposure it can get, and Villano V didn't do it any favors by being so reckless and cutting their match short. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
-Non-Title Match
Mike Von Erich defeats Villano IV (w/Villano V) in 4:55 by submission. (B). The two showed great chemistry. The match suffered from a lack of selling. After the match, Villano V, who was ringside, got into the ring and looked annoyed at Mike - the two had a brief staredow before things settled down.(C)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Bill Mercer interviewed Dusty Wolfe about his upcoming match with El Halcon. (D)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
El Halcon defeated Dusty Wolfe in 5:36 by submission. (C+)

-As the main show started, David Von Erich cut a backstage promo hyping his upcoming World Title Shot against Curt Hennig. (B). Hennig also cut a backstage promo, with Terry Funk by his side, hyping his first title defense. (A).

-As the show starts, the broadcast team of Fritz Von Erich, Lance Russell, and Bill Mercer hype the show, and the recent events of WCCW. Notably, they recap Lothario's rundown of the Last Man Standing Event from the last show. To summarize, the event will feature:

-20 Participants
-The 7 champions as of the beginning of the month gain automatic entry
-The other 13 spots go to the winners of "qualfying matches" over the next few weeks.
-At the Last Man Standing Event, there will be 5 random pairing tag team matches - both partners and opponents will be random.
-The winning teams take part in a 10-man, over the top rope battle royal, where it's every man for himself.
-The winner is the 1985 "Last Man Standing", and wins the Last Man Standing trophy, $10,000, a 1985 Chevy Camaro, automatic entry into the King of the Texas Wrestling Tournament in April, and a contract for a championship match (can be used for any championship, at any time, with 1-week notice).
-They then show a graphic of the wrestlers who have already entered: Curt Hennig, Mike Von Erich, The Sheepherders, Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, Kevin Sullivan, Leon White, and Jerry Lawler. They repeat the rumor that the 1984 winner, Terry Gordy, is petitioning for an "exemption" to get into the event and defend his trophy, despite his losing a "loser leaves WCCW match" six months ago.

-Bill Mercer also makes brief mention of the rumored appearance of King Kong Bundy and Gary Hart at a live event earlier this week in Tennessee. Mercer says he's still working on "mini documentary" getting to the bottom of this situation, and he'll be ready to present it to the WCCW fans in the next few weeks. (D+)

-#1 Contender Bob Backlund (w/Ray Stevens) defeated Mark Youngblood in 7:02 by pinfall. (C). Backlund looked good. Before the match, Backlund was once again wearing his WWF Championship belt, and demanded to be introduced as "WWF Champion". After the match, Backlund cut a promo, saying he has no interest in being in the Last Man Standing Event, and says he's officially withdrawing. Instead, said Backlund, he's challenging Antonio Inoki for a "WWF Championship Match" that night. Backlund then goes on a rambling promo, claiming that Inoki has never defeated him, and was never the WWF Champion. (B-)

-A video highlights the recent destruction caused by the Ugandan Giant, Kamala, who has put Iceman Parsons, Al Perez, and Owen Hart out of action in recent weeks with his now-banned top rope splash. (C+)

-Backstage, Jose Lothario stands with Skandor Akbar and Butch Miller, who his ready to draw his random challenger for his TV Title defense this week. But first, Lothario warns Akbar, and says that Kamala is completely out of control. Lothario says he is canceling Kamala's match that was scheduled for this week, and that if he uses the top rope splash move again, both Kamala and Akbar will be suspended indefinitely. Lothario warns Akbar to get his client under control. (C+). Then, Miller reaches into the rolling drum of volunteer challengers and draws - Leon "The Bull" White. (C). Akbar looks concerned.

-Bill Mercer introduces another mini-documentary feature he had been working on recent weeks, following a series of matches between Doug Somers and Steve Olsonoski that all ended in draws. Mercer interviewed both men, who claimed a new found respect for each other. He also filmed a discussion between the two men, which showed a "behind the scenes look" at how a new tag team is formed. Olsonoski and Somers have agreed to bury the hatchet and team up. (D+)

-In the ring Olsonoski and Somers cut a brief promo, announcing their debuting team. They play to the fans, which means a face turn for Somers. (D+)

-Doug Somers & Steve Olsonoski defeat Barry Orton & Perry Jackson in 3:39 when Olosonoski pinned Orton. (C)

-Bill Mercer then does another "journalistic feature" backstage, where apparently, Skandor Akbar is having trouble controlling Kamala, who is still in the arena, despite his match being canceled (since Akbar still has to manage Butch Miller in a match later tonight). Kamala is locked in his dressing room, where he can be heard yelling and destroying things. Akbar is trying to barricade the door from the outside, but claims to Mercer that he has "everything under control". (C+)

-Last Man Standing Qualification Match
Grappler #1 (w/Grappler #2) defeats Tiger Mask in 12:57 by pinfall after The Grapplers pulled their illegal "switch" tactic (the fresh Grappler #2, who looks identical to Grappler #2, switched into the match for the tired Grappler #1 when the referee wasn't looking). (B) This was a rematch of their 20-minute draw last week. Grappler #1 replaces Backlund in the Last Man Standing event, becoming participant #9.

-WCCW TV Championship Match
Leon White defeated Butch Miller (w/Skandor Akbar) in 5:57 by DQ after Luke Williams interfered. (B) An aggressive White surprisingly dominated the match, until Williams came in and apparently saved Miller's title (The belt can't change hands on a DQ).

-WCCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Curt Hennig (w/Terry Funk) drew with David Von Erich in 25:41 by Double DQ, after Kamala apparently escaped from his locker room, ran down to the ring, and attacked both participants. Kamala then climbed to the top rope, preparing to hit his banned top-rope splash on David. However, Terry Funk grabbed a chair, and put himself between David and Kamala. Kamala descended from the ropes, then Funk hit him with the chair, sending him to the arena floor. Chaos ensues as the show ends. Hennig makes his 1st defense of the World Title. (A+).

THOUGHTS:

-Solid show, capped by a great main event between the company's two top babyfaces, though a match that was interpreted by an increasingly wild Kamala. These two have combined for 16 career A+ matches. Hennig survives another week, but will have to deal with Bob Backlund next. Kamala is literally getting a "monster push" right now.

-I think this was Leon White's first 1-on-1 match on TV, and he gives a good showing against Butch Miller

-Grappler #1 gets his biggest win of his WCCW career, wrestling Tiger Mask in a good match (but I still feel like these guys can do better than "B".

-The Olsonoski/Somers storyline is officially over, as they're now a tag team.

-Backlund has opted out of The Last Man Standing event, and will face Inoki in a "WWF Championship Match" int he main event of that event. Battle Royals tend not to work as main events, so I needed an A, or A+ match to end the night.

-It's too bad Mike is feuding with Villano V, instead of Villano IV, who he clearly has better chemistry match. They had a great match on the pre-show.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:53 AM   #861
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Kamala is locked in his dressing room, where he can be heard yelling and destroying things. Akbar is trying to barricade the door from the outside, but claims to Mercer that he has "everything under control"

Heh, I can just picture that one, nicely done.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:30 AM   #862
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Ox Baker is late for the last show....That's not a great sign, considering he hasn't even started working with us yet. I give him a warning.

-The TV Show delivers a 4.46 rating - that absolutely shatters our previous all time high of 4.15. I'll definitely be looking to change time slots/networks at the next opportunity to continue our ascent.

-Rick Martel won the AWA TV Title for the 3rd time, defeating Arn Anderson.

-Tito Santana won the WWC North American Championship, the biggest win of his career. He defeated Invader II.

-After these years of playing this game, I still apparently don't understand the "war" dynamic, as Dick Murdoch, Roddy Piper, and Terry Funk haven't left their respective employers I after I declared war on them. I guess this only pertains to signing after the declaration (where a worker won't work for both "warring" promotions)

-I request negotiations with Harley Race, who recently recovered from a major injury. He hasn't wrestled in about a year. He's 41-years old, and pretty broken down physically, but he'd add some decent "Plan B" star power since I can't get Flair or Hogan.

-Speaking of Hogan, his "best friend" (in-game worker relationships), Vince McMahon is willing to sign for a fairly reasonable $1,325 for 9 months. I pull the trigger on that, and immediately request negotiations with Hogan again, to see if this will lower his price further, to something below Fritz's cap. As for Vince, he has A+ mic skills, "B" rated announcing skills and charisma, but is fairly unknown outside of the Northeast.

-One thing that's always kind of annoyed me about this game is how non-wrestlers can't increase popularity, which means if they start low, they're always useless. With Vince, I'll test this idea, and record his current popularity, and see if it increases AT ALL, considering he'll probably be in some well-received angles with Backlund. Maybe I can boost it by giving him a few angles that are 6+ minutes long (the threshold where a non-wrestling segment rating counts in the overall rating):

-Vince's Popularity (viewed using in-game editor)
New England: 63.8%
Tri-State: 60.2%
Mid-Atlantic: 34.3%
Great Lakes: 32.7%
Southeast: 23.7%
Midsouth: 20.4%
Midwest: 20.0%
Northweset: 18.0%
Southwest: 17.4%

-I don't remember if I noticed it at the time, but Bob Backlund signed with Calgary Stampede in February (where he's already wrestled Bret Hart), and just now has also signed with International Wrestling in Montreal. I'm somewhat concerned about his workload, though currently, he's at A+ "fatigue level" - I've been protecting him with squash matches lately.

-There was recently an independent show in Mexico were the attendance (22) exactly matched the number of workers on the card. Mexican wrestling is dead.

-I negotiate with Terry Gordy, and am able to lock him up for a short term, 3 month deal, at a ridiculous $1,200/show....Apparently he really wants to get back into the spotlight. There's a dynamic in this game where guys demand raises with every new deal with their current employer, so it seems like there's a lot of benefit to letting guys go for a while (the minimum before they'll talk to you again is 6 months). Gordy hasn't worked that much in the last 6 months - he wrestled 4 matches for AGPW in October, and then has taken the last 5 months or so off. He's still only 23 years old, and has wrestled 2 A+ matches. His momentum and popularity will have to be rehabilitated, but that's a great value. Obviously he'll defend his Last Man Standing Crown, but then I'll figure out a way to keep him around after that, despite him having lost the "loser leaves WCCW" match.

-Curt Hennig and Jesse Ventura won the Maple Leaf Wrestling Tag Team Championship.

Last edited by molson : 03-21-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:37 PM   #863
Swaggs
Coordinator

Love what you are doing with Kamala. Probably my favorite storyline up to this point. It made me want to know how/what George Steele is doing in your dynasty.

Also, what is Jake Roberts up to? Any chance we could see him in the WCCW at some point? Maybe a talent trade or something...
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #864
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Love what you are doing with Kamala. Probably my favorite storyline up to this point. It made me want to know how/what George Steele is doing in your dynasty.

Also, what is Jake Roberts up to? Any chance we could see him in the WCCW at some point? Maybe a talent trade or something...

Thanks...here's some updates on those guys, both of whom have stopped by WCCW since the dynasty started:

George Steele:

-Steele is retired from the business, and not working anywhere. He was in the WWF in the start of the game as a heel, wrestling his last match for them in October 1983 (when he lost to Samula). Before that, he mostly squashed jobbers, and then lost to higher profile guys like Roddy Piper and Bruno Sammartino. We signed him in October '83, to join Skandor Akbar's Destruction Inc. stable, but he wasn't around long. He defeated Johnny Mantel in his debut match, but then the next week, he lost to the debuting Bruiser Brody. That was his last career match, and we let him go after that, as I found him too expensive.

Jake Roberts

-Roberts is finding a lot of work - he's employed by Georgia, Mid-Atlantic, and Pacific Northwest (he wrestled 175 matches last year). He's a heel in Georgia, and a face in Mid-Atlantic and PNW. He's currently 1/2 of the Pacific Northwest Tag Team Champions with Ted Dibiase. He's also held a couple of singles titles during the dynasty: Florida Heavyweight Championship (he was the last champion the Florida promotion before they went under), Georgia National TV Title, and the NWA United States Championship.

-He has had two runs with us so far via talent trade. We had in for a few months in Spring 1983, but it was an uneventful run, because he considered other promotions a higher priority than us - so I never knew when I would be able to use him. He came in as a kind of babyface enforcer for Fritz Von Erich, who was having problems with Skandor Akbar and Gary Hart. He defeated Magic Dragon in his first match, but then was being used elsewhere for several months, so I got frustrated, and jobbed in him to the Super Destroyer, and then Terry Gordy in a American Heavyweight Championship Match

-Then I also brought him in for last year's Last Man Standing Event. He teamed with Mike Von Erich to defeat Al Perez & Doug Somers, and advance to the final battle royal match, which was won by Terry Gordy.

I'll definitely think about bringing him back for this year's Last Man Standing Show.

Last edited by molson : 03-22-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:19 AM   #865
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 3, March 1985
Indianapolis, IN (Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 2,337 Ticket prices: $3 over Default

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Leon White defeats Barry Orton in 6:35 by pinfall. (C+). The match suffered from a lack of selling. White looked good. After the match, Bill Mercer interviewed White about his success of late, and about his rival, Charlie Cook. They also talked about the Last Man Standing Event, for which White has qualified. (C+)

-Triple Threat Match (One Fall to a Finish)
El Halcon defeats Perry Jackson and Mark Youngblood in 7:02 when El Halcon pinned Jackson. (D+). Halcon looked good. Halcon qualifies for the Last Man Standing event, as participant #10.

-As the show starts, Bill Mercer interviews WCCW Commissioner Jose Lothario, who hypes the show - especially the main event, just signed after the events of last week's TV show. After the David Von Erich/Curt Hennig World Title Match was ruined by Kamala, Hennig agreed to give David a rematch tonight, 2 days before he's set to defend the World Title against Bob Backlund on TV. Also, Lothario hypes tonight's 4-way World Tag Team Title #1 Contender's Match - he says the winners will get a shot against The Sheepherders next week in Las Vegas. Lothario also says that on the TV show this week, he'll address two of the issues many have asked him about - Kamala (and whether he'll be suspended for his actions last week), and Terry Gordy (whether he'll gain an "exemption" to compete in the Last Man Standing Event.) (D+)

-Bill Mercer interviews Billy Robinson about his upcoming match against Bob Backlund. (C+)

-Bob Backlund (w/Ray Stevens) defeats Billy Robinson in 18:45 by pinfall in a competitive match. (B). The match suffered from a lack of selling. Backlund again wore his WWF Championship belt, and insisted on being introduced as the "WWF Champion". After the match, Stevens and Backlund cut promos hyping Backlund's World Title challenge at the TV show this week. Backlund promises he'll defeat whoever emerges from tonight's match with the belt. (B). Then, Ray Stevens says just to clear things up, once and for all, any confusion regarding the WWF Championship, he's arranged a "special pronouncement" to take place right now. Stevens introduces former WWF Owner, Vince McMahon, who comes to the ring. Vince cuts a lengthy, heel promo, putting over the legacy of the WWF, and trashing his dead father, who he blames for the company's demise. Most importantly, Vince "proclaims" that Bob Backlund is the "official" WWF Champion, and that Antoni Inoki was never recognized as a WWF Champion. The three leave together. (C)

-The Villanos come out to the ring for the next match, but just like last week, Gary Hart (dressed as Elvis), and King Kong Bundy (dressed as a minister), come to the ring and try to talk to the Villanos, who want nothing to do with the mentally unstable Hart and Bundy. Hart berates both Villanos, until Villano IV shoves Hart - King Kong Bundy then springs into action, attacking both Villanos with splashes before the next match even begins. (C).

-4-Way Tag Team Match (Elimination Rules)
-#1 Contenders Match - World Tag Team Title
Kerry & Mike Von Erich defeated The Villanos, The Grapplers, and Dick Murdoch & Kevin Sullivan (w/Ray Stevens) in 9:09. (B-). The order of elimination was as follows:
1. The Villanos (weakened by the pre-match attack), where eliminated when Kevin Sullivan pinned Villano IV
2. Dick Murdoch & Kevin Sullivan by DQ, after Ray Stevens was caught interfering.
3. The Grapplers, when Kerry Von Erich made Grappler #2 submit.
-Murdoch looked good.

-After the match, Kerry & Mike cut a promo hyping their win, and their match next week against the Tag Team Champion Sheepherders. Kerry says he's anxious to get his hands on The Sheepherders again - and that Kevin, still recovering from his shoulder injury, will be cheering them on. (C). Mike Von Erich, the WCCW Cruiserweight Champion, says he doesn't know what was up between the Villanos and Gary Hart/King Kong Bundy before the match, but he wants to challenge Villano V to one more Cruiserweight Title match at this week's TV show. (C-)

-David Von Erich came to the ring and cut a promo, putting over Curt Hennig as a "fighting champion" for agreeing to this title defense on such short notice, after their last match was ruined by interference from Kamala. (B+)

David Von Erich drew with Curt Hennig (w/Terry Funk) in 30:00 when the time limit expired. (A). Hennig makes his second defense of the World Title. After the match, Hennig and David shook hands as a sign of respect.

THOUGHTS:

-Solid show, capped by the Hennig/David rematch that was just a tad worse than their TV match.

-Kerry & Mike, who I'm not sure have teamed together yet in this dynasty, get a title shot against The Sheepherders in the next stage of that feud. I'm really stalling for time waiting for Kevin to get healthy.

-Gary Hart and King Kong Bundy showed off their insane new gimmicks once again, in a second apparent attempt to recruit the Villanos to their "cult". Perhaps the real Gary Hart would have walked out before doing an Elvis gimmick, but I find it's a nice diversion, and I actually have some plans for it.

-Vince McMahon makes his WCCW debut. Not every WCCW fan would know who he is, but that doesn't matter - he can come off as a pompus heel no matter the backstory. His association with Ray Stevens' group is still unclear, though the entire stable has connections to the WWF or the northeast (maybe I should call the stable, "The Federation". Vince's midwest popularity did increase 0.4% points from this segment, probably because it was a "major" (more than 5 minutes) segment.

-I think the Last Man Standing event needs some lower card guys for some flavor (and to keep costs down), so El Halcon joins the party tonight. I'll have to hustle to qualify 10 more wrestlers by next Saturday night.

Last edited by molson : 03-27-2009 at 01:22 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:38 AM   #866
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-I'm thinking of doing a legit random draw for the "lethal lottery" aspect of the Last Man Standing event, just like I did for tournament pairings at a show last year. I would make myself run all the matches "call in ring" of course, no benefit of "scripting". I don't know of any promotion that ever did something like that, but I think it would be a selling point for the smart fans (if you convince them the draw was legitimately random), and it would also create situations that encourage creativity, and a genuine feeling of randomness.

-Referee David Manning's contract is coming to an end this month - this is the last of the original contracts I inherited. He was making a flat $3k/month, regardless of how many times he was used. Presumably, he will no longer be interested in such a contract, and I'll have to pay him by the show. That will cost some money. He has A+ referee skills, so I'll re-sign him unless his requests are ridiculous.

-Harley Race, anxious to get back in the ring, is willing to sign for $1,600/show for 18 months. I would be willing to do it, but Fritz caps me at $1,500/show. I've never seen Fritz cap me that low - apparently he just doesn't think the 41-year old Race is worth it at this point.

Last edited by molson : 03-27-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:11 AM   #867
Swaggs
Coordinator

I like the addition of Vince. I'm sure you will be able to do some cool things with him trying to rise in power.

I'm really enjoying this dynasty -- it feels like you are "this close" to taking the WCCW to the next level.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #868
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
NEWS

-I'm thinking of doing a legit random draw for the "lethal lottery" aspect of the Last Man Standing event, just like I did for tournament pairings at a show last year. I would make myself run all the matches "call in ring" of course, no benefit of "scripting". I don't know of any promotion that ever did something like that, but I think it would be a selling point for the smart fans (if you convince them the draw was legitimately random), and it would also create situations that encourage creativity, and a genuine feeling of randomness.

I did that once upon a time when I had my WCW dynasty on here for Battle Bowl. You end up eliminating some guys from the mix that you might want in, like for me, I didn't have Sting in Battle Bowl, but it adds a challenge to things.

Quote:
-Harley Race, anxious to get back in the ring, is willing to sign for $1,600/show for 18 months. I would be willing to do it, but Fritz caps me at $1,500/show. I've never seen Fritz cap me that low - apparently he just doesn't think the 41-year old Race is worth it at this point.

General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:37 PM   #869
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
I did that once upon a time when I had my WCW dynasty on here for Battle Bowl. You end up eliminating some guys from the mix that you might want in, like for me, I didn't have Sting in Battle Bowl, but it adds a challenge to things.

Good point, this is exactly why I'm using a pre-determined field of 20 rather than opening it to the whole roster.

The Harley Race denial was just weird - Frtiz has never capped me at anything near that, and Race would have been making less than my average worker salary. There's some dynamic here I haven't figure out yet - maybe Fritz thinks my overall roster is too big/expenesive.

Last edited by molson : 03-27-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:42 PM   #870
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Good point, this is exactly why I'm using a pre-determined field of 20 rather than opening it to the whole roster.

The Harley Race denial was just weird - Frtiz has never capped me at anything near that, and Race would have been making less than my average worker salary. There's some dynamic here I haven't figure out yet - maybe Fritz thinks my overall roster is too big/expenesive.

When I did Battle Bowl, I actually did limit it to like 32 guys to make sure all the guys I wanted in the tag matches got in, I just ended up with a bad draw where Sting and some goof were going up against 2 other main eventers, so Sting's partner had to do the job.

The roster costs being too big actually makes sense. Maybe if you let someone walk when their contract is up, it will free up money for some of the other stars you want to bring in.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:44 PM   #871
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 3, March 1985
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Actual Attendance: 4,852

-Pre-Show Dark Match
-Last Man Standing Qualifying Match - Both Winning Tag Team Members Qualify
Doug Somers & Steve Olsonoski defeat Barry Orton & Charlie Cook in 7:25 when Olsonoski pinned Orton. (D+) Somers and Olsonoski qualify for the Last Man Standing Event, as participants #11 and #12.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Grappler #2 (w/Grappler #1) defeats Villano IV in 6:50 by pinfall. (C). Grappler #2 qualifies for the Last Man Standing Event as participant #13. The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Bill Mercer interviewed Grappler #2 about his win, and the fact that both Grapplers have now qualified for the Last Man Standing event. (C-)

-As the show starts, WCCW World Champion Curt Hennig, with his mentor Terry Funk, cuts a backstage promo hyping his World Title defense tonight against #1 Contender Bob Backlund. (B+)

-As the show starts, announcers Lance Russell and Fritz Von Erich introduce a new show format. Russell and Fritz will sit at ringside to commentate on the matches, while Bill Mercer will work as the "sideline reporter", interviewing wrestlers, going backstage, and occasionally offering insights on matches. Also, Bill Mercer debuts his new 2-minute "Update" segment, which recaps all of the goings-on in WCCW, including footage and results from house shows and dark matches. (D-).

-In this segment, Mercer shows footage from Monday night's show in Indianapolis, where Kerry & Mike Von Erich were deemed #1 Contenders to the tag team titles, Vince McMahon made a surprising appearance, and World Champion Curt Hennig drew with David Von Erich. He also ran down the full list of current participants in the Last Man Standing Event, including those that qualified earlier tonight on the pre-show. He also shows the bizarre house show footage of Gary Hart (dressed as Elvis) and King Kong Bundy (dressed as a minister) interfering in matches involving the Villanos, noting that WCCW is running a show in Las Vegas next week - the same place Bundy and Hart originally went missing several months ago. Finally, Mercer says speculation is running wild in the locker room regarding two major announcements that Commissioner Lothario is set to make: First, regarding the status of Kamala after his recent uncontrollable violent antics, and his use of banned moves; and Second, the answer to Terry Gordy's request for an exemption, and entry into the Last Man Standing Event. (D+).

-A video package highlights the path of destruction of Kamala, including the failed attempts of Commissioner Lothario's attempts to reign him in, and the injuries suffered by Owen Hart, Al Perez, and Iceman Parsons. Then, Lothario appears on screen and announces that after consultation with the WCCW legal department, Kamala has been suspended indefinitely. (C). Skandor Akbar, who was standing just off camera with TV Champion Butch Miller, charges into the screen and argues with Lothario. (C+). Finally, Lothario tells Akbar to shut his mouth, and to instruct his client Butch Williams to draw a name out of the rolling drum of volunteers to determine his challenger this week for the TV title.

-Akbar continues arguing, until Lothario tells him if that if Miller doesn't draw in 10 seconds, he'll strip the title, draw two names himself, and have a match later tonight for the vacant title. Akbar reluctantly instructs Miller to draw a name - Billy Robinson. (C-)

Arturo Mendoza defeats The Great Kabuki in 12:11 by countout. (B-). Mendoza qualifies for the Last Man Standing event, as participant #14. During the match, Gary Hart (still dressed as Elvis), and King Kong Bundy (still dressed as a minister) approached the ring with a briefcase, apparently looking to speak with the match participants - both former clients of Hart. Hart first attacked the referee and threw him to the outside of the ring. Hart then yelled at Mendoza, waiving a contract in his face, asking him to leave with him and Bundy. When Mendoza appeared reluctant, Hart shoves him. Mendoza shoved Hart back, which led to King Kong Bundy getting involved. Bundy squashed his former tag team partner, Mendoza, in the corner. Then, Hart approached former client Kabuki, grabbed Kabuki's hair, and yelled something to him. Kabuki appeared deferential to and in awe of Hart, and he eventually left the ringside area with Hart and Bundy. Mendoza was left alone in the ring, recovering from the Bundy attack, but won by countout after the referee recovered, and Kabuki had left the match. Mendoza then grabbed a mic, and cut a promo, telling the fans that he will never work for that "psycho" Hart again, after the way he walked on him several months ago. (B) This completes a Mendoza face turn (and a heel turn for Kabuki).

-After a commercial break, Bill Mercer and a cameraman catch Hart, Bundy, and Kabuki leaving the arena in Hart's car, a Cadillac convertible. Kabuki seems confused, but loyal to Hart. (C+)

-In a backstage promo, Villano V hypes his upcoming Cruiserweight Title Shot against Mike Von Erich. (C-). A video recaps the rivalry between the two, which has ranged from friendly to tense. (C)

-WCCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Mike Von Erich drew with Villano V in 5:58 by double countout, in an ending similar to the one at February Star Wars, to make his 2nd defense of the Cruiserweight Title. (C-). Villano V attempted a high risk move from the ring to the floor, with briefly incapacitated both men, leading to the double countout.

-Antonio Inoki cut a backstage promo hyping his main event match at the Last Man Standing show against Bob Backlund. (B). Inoki seemed amused about Backlund's obsession over the WWF title, and Inoki's brief run with that title many years ago. Inoki says that to him, this match is just a chance to test himself against one of the world's best. Though he respects the legacy of the WWF, he's not concerned with the championship belt from a defunct organization.

-Antonio Inoki defeats Kevin Sullivan (w/Ray Stevens) in 11:45 by DQ after Stevens interfered. (B-) Sullivan appeared to be trying to "soften up" Inoki for his stablemate Backlund. The match suffered from a lack of selling

Butch Miller (w/Skandor Akbar) defeats Billy Robinson in 4:38 by pinfall to make his 4th defense of the TV Title. (C). The two showed poor chemistry.

-Lance Russell comes to the ring and introduces WCCW Commissioner Jose Lothario, who has another major announcement. Lothario talks about the decision process involving Terry Gordy's request to enter the Last Man Standing event, and defend his crown from last year. Lothario says that on one hand, Gordy lost a "loser leaves WCCW" match, fair and square. However, said Lothario, it would certainly add something special to the event to give Gordy the opportunity to defend his 1984 Last Man Standing trophy. Lothario also feels that it would contribute to the legacy and prestige of the event, that any new winner will have to outlast last year's winner. Balancing all of these factors, says Lothario, he's decided to grant Gordy an exemption, and allow him to participate at the event. (C-) Also, says Lothario, Gordy will be granted exemptions for two "tune-up" matches, first next Monday in Las Vegas, and then on next week's TV show.

-Ray Stevens comes to the ring with his stable (Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, Kevin Sullivan, and Vince McMahon), and cuts a lengthy promo hyping the group, and Bob Backlund's upcoming title match. Stevens refers to the group several times as a "Federation". While Stevens is talking, staff members set up boxes of champagne near the announce table, in what Stevens calls "preparation for a coronation". (C+)

Bob Backlund (w/Ray Stevens, Kevin Sullivan, Dick Murdoch, & Vince McMahon) defeats Curt Hennig (w/Terry Funk) in 20:33 by pinfall to win the World Championship. (A+). Backlund again insisted that he be referred to as the "WWF Champion", and that this match be called a "title unification match". The match featured interference from everyone at ringside, though a chair-wielding Terry Funk was largely able to keep the heels at bay, ensuring a relatively fair match. After the match, the heels celebrate wildly around ringside for several minutes. Champagne flies. (C+). Vince looked "dreadful" in this segment.

THOUGHTS:

-This was a loaded show, I'm glad I pulled of the decent rating as well.

-Bob Backlund wins the World Title in a great match, and Curt Hennig's reign turns out to be not nearly as impressive as Bobby Eaton's. (Though he did manage to retain twice against David Von Erich). This is Backlund's second run with the title (previously, he won the belt and then surrendered it, per agreement, to Michael Hayes. The title was subsequently vacated). It's not immediately clear what this means to his match with Antoni Inoki next week.

-I'm going with "The Federation" as a working name for the stable. Vince looked "dreadful" in these segments, but that's probably just because he's still pretty unknown in Texas. Hopefully that will change soon as he hangs around with these guys.

-Terry Gordy is back, at least for Last Man Standing event and his two tune-up matches. This run will be a bit of a rehearsal to see if he can still be relevant in my stronger roster.

-The Hart/Kabuki/Bundy stuff is out there, but there was some clear storyline development tonight. To recap: Hart walked out the Villanos and Arturo Mendoza several months ago, in the middle of the six-man-tag team title tournament. This was an especially difficult blow for Mendoza, who had considered Hart a father figure. Mendoza cut several sympathetic promos in the weeks following. Now, Hart (who disappeared in Vegas after a series of events caused a nervous breakdown), has completely lost it, and is trying to re-assemble his stable. Mendoza said no (turning face), and Kabuki said yes (turning heel). Which makes sense, because Kabuki has never of course been of completely stable mind anyway. So that's where we are now.

-So there's three heel stables building power, and they have a unique hook. Violent/Ruthless (Akbar's Destruction Inc), Crazy (Hart Limited), and Elite/Professional (The Federation).

-Kamala is "indefinitely suspended", but surely not gone forever.

-Bill Mercer's new "update" segment will give me a chance to remember and recap what's been going on, it also brings the house show/dark match results to TV, so I can assume, in booking, that everybody knows about everything, whether the match was on TV or not.

Last edited by molson : 03-31-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:09 PM   #872
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-The TV Show delivers a 4.46 rating, matching last week's all-time high. Next month, I'll be negotiating for a new time slot/network.

-I had requested negotiations with Hulk Hogan again, just to see if the fact that I now employ his best friend would bring down his asking price at all. Nope, he still wants $3,200/show, and Fritz caps my offer at $2,514, same as last time. I will be looking to shed some conracts over the next weeks and months to see if Fritz gets any more reasonable.

-Speaking of Fritz, his new blocks/goals are looming at the end of this month. The dynasty started in an April, so every April, Fritz can assign goals (things I have to reach or I'm fired) and blocks (restrictions about signing wrestlers). The past goals have been easy, and the past blocks haven't been very restrictive. But starting in April, Fritz has a clean slate, and I'll have to adjust from there. The one I've heard about that might cause the most problems is "you can't sign anyone with a drug problem".....I'd probably be left with Owen Hart and Billy Robinson...

-The only current block I've been dealing with from Fritz (aside from the capped pay), is that I can't sign anyone with a resilience rating of less than C-. That's only impacted me a couple of times - it's kept me from negotiating with Andre The Giant, and Giant Haystacks (later known as "Loch Ness" in WCW).

-Vince McMahon has left his position as SWCW booker - he wasn't with them very long, perhaps he left because we're "at war" with them. I still haven't nailed down that dynamic. It will be interesting to see who takes over there.

-David, Kevin, and Kerry all get periodic offers from companies, but all maintain their loyalty to WCCW, refusing to work anywhere else

-Kevin by the way, is still limited by that shoulder injury. I've shut him down until he's 100%, and there's no telling when that will be.

-Referee David Manning, who's current contract earns him $3,000/month (which breaks down to $333/show, wants $825/show to keep working for me). That would cost me an extra $4,425/month. That's not all that much, but since I still have a few weeks before his contract is up, I decide to request negotiations with every other referee who has A+ ref stats (I'm not sure if any other stats matter for ref). There's 7 out there that are willing to talk to me - if anyone is willing to work for way less than Manning, I'll consider him.

-WWC is bucking the trend of failing promotions and has risen to Cult Status, which will mean a few more jobs for wrestlers. There are now 7 Cult-sized promotions - all of them are in the US, except for All-Star Wrestling in the UK.

-Greg Valentine, who will wrestle in the main event of our house show in Las Vegas this week, won the National Heavyweight Championship in Georgia Championship Wrestling, from Steve Keirn.

-Paul Orndorff has signed with the AWA. They're still the #2 most prestigious promotion, behind us.

-I sign Al Perez for 9 more months, only because he just wanted a $25/show raise, from $425 to $450/show.

Last edited by molson : 04-01-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:30 AM   #873
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 4, March 1985
Las Vegas, NV (Southwest - Tiny Venue)
Expected Attendance: 1,323 Ticket prices: $2 over Default
Actual Attendance: 1,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Leon White defeats Dusty Wolfe in 4:45 by pinfall. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Charlie Cook defeats Doug Somers in 7:45 by submission. (D). After the match, Bill Mercer interviews Cook about his recent war of words with fellow former pro football player Leon White. Cook once again lashes into a verbal attack of White. (E). Soon, however, Leon White interrupts the interview and attacks Cook. Cook quickly retreats to the locker room, as Mercer runs for cover. White chases Cook back. (E)

-As the main show starts, WCCW Commissioner Jose Lothario comes to the ring to welcome the fans to the show, and run down the card. He also hypes the TV show, and this Saturday night's Last Man Standing Event, which is now available on PPV and Closed Circuit. He also addresses his controversial decision last week to allow Terry Gordy into the Last Man Standing event. Lothario says that he realizes the decision isn't fair to the Von Erichs, who defeated Gordy and The Freebirds in the Loser Leaves WCCW match last summer. In consideration of that, says Lothario, he's decided to grant automatic Last Man Standing Event spots to both David and Kerry Von Erich (Mike is already in, and Kevin is out injured). They will not have to qualify - they're automatically in. That brings the total announced participants in the event to 17, with two more spots on the line tonight. (C-)

-Koko B. Ware comes to the ring and cuts a promo hyping his upcoming Last Man Standing Qualifying Match with Billy Robinson. He's playing up his heel "urban thug" gimmick. (C)

Billy Robinson defeats Koko B. Ware in 12:58 by pinfall to become participant #18 in the Last Man Standing Event. (B+). After the match, Ware, so angry over his upset loss, tries to attack Robinson. Robinson, however, succeeds in mat wrestling Ware to the ground. (D+). Ware tumbles out of the ring and retreats to the locker room. Bill Mercer interviews Robinson in the ring about his win - Robinson says he's very excited to take part in the Last Man Standing event, and while others might consider his win tonight an upset, he had confidence in himself. (D+)

-Gary Hart comes to the ring with King Kong Bundy and the Great Kabuki. Hart has a guitar with him. He cuts a rambling promo about Las Vegas, and how he's "learned about life" here the last several months. He makes vague references to his activities here the last few months, and describes a "spiritual awakening". He also hypes tonight's tag team match with his clients and the Villanos - a team who recently refused his managerial services. However, before the match, says Hart, he wishes to entertain the fans with a song. He performs a horrendous version of "Are You Lonesome Tonight" to a disproving crowd. (C)

-The Villanos defeat King Kong Bundy & The Great Kabuki (w/Gary Hart) by DQ in 10:03 after Kabuki sprayed the green mist on Villano IV. (B-) Kabui and Bundy were completely unorganized and acting erratically throughout the match.

-Terry Gordy comes to the ring for his first WCCW appearance since last July. He hypes his return, and his participation in the Last Man Standing event on Saturday. He says that once again, he got one over the Von Erichs, and he's hoping that sometime Saturday night, he'll be able to kick some Von Erich ass like old times. (C-).

-Terry Gordy defeats Mark Youngblood in 5:42 by submission. (C-).

-Kerry & Mike Von Erich come to the ring and hype their upcoming tag team title shot against The Sheepherders, a shot they earned in a 4-way tag team match last week. Kerry says he's been looking forward to getting this shot, ever since The Sheepherders put Kevin out of commission and took the titles from them. Kerry said Kevin is doing well and should be back soon, and that he and Mike plan to make him proud and win the gold tonight. (C-)

-WCCW World Tag Team Championship Match
The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar) defeats Kerry & Mike Von Erich in 8:32 when Miller pinned Mike to make their first title defense. (C+). Luke Williams looked good.

-Terry Funk came to the ring to hype his main event match, a Last Man Standing Qualifier against Greg Valentine, the new National Heavyweight Champion from Georgia Championship Wrestling, who is making another stop in WCCW. (B+)

Greg Valentine defeats Terry Funk in 24:03 by pinfall after using the ropes for leverage. (A+). Valentine becomes participant #19 in the Last Man Standing event.

Overall Show Rating: B:

THOUGHTS:

-Another solid show, though I thought I had an outside shot at a B+ here.

-A+ matches are definitely getting more common - I just have to figure out how to have more than one of them on a single show.

-This was Valentine's first of a 3 match loan contract. At this point, I can bring in a huge variety of guys via loan contract, but I'm try to have some continuity on the roster, so I'll try to bring the same guys back. Valentine had a mini-feud with then-TV champion Kevin Von Erich in November.

-The tag team title match was pretty good also, anything involving Mike that reaches C+ ain't bad. Mike & Kerry don't have a whole lot of experience as a team. I'm basically stalling waiting for Kevin to come back and renew this feud. In the meantime, The Sheepherders will enjoy the fact they're dealing with Mike instead of Kevin.

-It's tough to judge where Terry Gordy is with just a C- match against Mark Youngblood. I'll try to give him slightly better competition on the TV show. His time away has probably decreased his momentum and popularity a tad.

-Kabuki/Bundy are basically a comedy act for now, but if Gary Hart can pull things together eventually, they'd be a dangerous team. They had a very solid match with the Villanos - the B- definitely surprised me.

-The surprise of the night though, was the B+ delivered by Billy Robinson and Koko B. Ware. Both Ware and Bobby Eaton are slumping since Eaton lost the world title. This is probably Robinson's biggest win so far in WCCW.

-I had thought about booking Leon White to win the Last Man Standing match, but his segments tonight showed he still has a long way to go. Anything's possible though, as I still haven't decided 100% who will walk away with the trophy.

Last edited by molson : 04-03-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #874
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Jim Ross has replaced Vince McMahon as SWCW head booker.

-With Referee David Manning asking for too much money, I decide to bring in two other quality referees. Jerry Usher, at $1,525/show, and Jerry Calhoon at $1,500/show. Both also appear to be good guys behind the scene. I'm not sure if there's any game advantage to having two referees instead of one, but a promotion of my size and prestige seems like it should have more than 1, so here we are. They'll probably alternate house shows/tv shows, and then they'll both work ppvs. I'll continue to use David Manning until his contract expires.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:23 AM   #875
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 4, March 1985
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Grappler #1 (w/Grappler #2) defeats El Halcon in 7:08 by pinfall after Grappler #2 interfered (the Grapplers pulled off their 'switchero' gimmick, switching the rested Grappler #2 into the match). (A). The match suffered from a lack of selling

-Pre-Show Dark Match
-2-on-1 Handicap match
Steve Olsonoski & Doug Somers defeat King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) by pinfall in 6:42. (C+). Olsonoski and Somers wrestled a very intelligent match, using their numbers to their advantage. Once again, Bundy and Hart (still in costume as a minister and Elvis) seemed confused and not on the same page, and basically whacked out of their minds. After the match, Bill Mercer interviewed the winners, who hyped their win, as a well as their participation in the Last Man Standing event this Saturday night. They said that while it's unlikely they'll be fortunate enough to team up in the lethal lottery round, if they both get to the final battle royal, they'll work together. (C-)

-As the show starts, Curt Hennig, David Von Erich, and Antoni Inoki hype tonight's main event - a six man tag team title match, where they'll challenge "The Federation" - Dick Murdoch, Kevin Sullivan, and Bob Backlund. The faces say that while they've never teamed up before, they're united in their dislike of the champs, and they're all looking for momentum going into Last Man Standing. (B-)

-The announcers hype that the new WCCW World Champion, Bob Backlund, who had a match scheduled with Antonio Inoki in the main event of Last Man Standing, has elected to put his belt on the line in that match, (or as Backlund calls his title, "The Unified WCCW/WWF World Championship" (B+)

-Bill Mercer ran his 2-minute "update" segment, where he catches the fans up on all the recent events in WCCW. Notably, he runs down the 19 participants announced thus far for the Last Man Standing event, including David & Kerry Von Erich, who were granted special exemption status by Commissioner Lothario, as sort of an olive branch for Lothario's decision to grant entry to the 1984 Last Man Standing, Terry Gordy. (D+)

-Bill Mercer introduces and narrates a 10-minute documentary/interview on Terry Gordy, and what he's been up to since losing the "loser leaves WCCW" match against the Von Erichs. Gordy viciously insults Kerry, who he claims had agreed to wrestle with the Freebirds that night last summer, before stabbing him the back. Gordy says if he has any opportunity to put Kerry out of commission this Saturday night, he'll take it. Gordy also says that as the defending Last Man Standing Champion, he's the odds on favorite to win it this year as well. And once he does, says Gordy, you'll be seeing a lot more of his pretty face in WCCW. Because he'll earn an automatic first-round bye in the King of Texas Wrestling Tournament in May. Also, he'll earn a title shot. Gordy speculates that maybe he'll go after the TV Title, so Lothario has no choice but to let him wrestle every single week. Or, Gordy says, maybe he'll go after the six-man tag team championship, because he has two "old friends" that would love to join him WCCW and regain what is rightfully theirs. If that happened, said Gordy, Lothario would again have no choice but to let him and his "friends" stick around as long as they're champions. (C+)

-Terry Gordy defeats Billy Robinson in 8:41 by pinfall (B+).

-Backstage, Skandor Akbar stands with the TV Champion, Butch Miller, Jose Lothario, and the rolling drum of challengers for the TV Title. Akbar is still bickering with Lothario over his suspension of Kamala. Miller draws a name - his tag team partner, Luke Williams. Akbar erupts with laughter - he says that the Sheepherders fight each other with as much violence as they fight others. (B-)

-Leon White defeats Grappler #2 (w/Grappler #1) in 4:34 by pinfall. (A). The two showed great chemistry. The match suffered from a lack of selling. After the match, Leon White cut a promo in the ring, saying he's not done with Charlie Cook, but that this Saturday night, he's focused on the Last Man Standing Event. White says he's the biggest man in the competition, and that if he can get through the Lethal Lottery Round, nobody will be able to throw him over the top rope.

-The announcers hype the upcoming "Last Chance Battle Royal" featuring wrestlers who have lost qualifying matches for entry into the Last Man Standing Event. The winner of the battle royal gains the 20th and final spot.

-10-Man Last Chance Battle Royal
Terry Funk won the Battle Royal in 10:27. (B-). The order of elimination was as follows:
1. Villano IV (eliminated by The Great Kabuki, who sprayed him with the green mist)
2. The Great Kabuki (eliminated by Tiger Mask, Dusty Wolfe, Barry Orton, Perry Jackson, and Terry Funk).
3. Barry Orton (eliminated by Terry Funk)
4. Perry Jackson (eliminated by Terry Funk)
5. Charlie Cook (eliminated by Terry Funk)
6. Dusty Wolfe (eliminated by Terry Funk)
7. Mark Youngblood (eliminated by Bobby Eaton)
8. Bobby Eaton (eliminated by Tiger Mask)
9. Tiger Mask (eliminated by Terry Funk)

-After the match, Terry Funk cut a promo in the ring, hyping his win, and the Last Man Standing Event. (B+)

Butch Miller drew with Luke Williams (w/Skandor Akbar in a neutral corner) in 2:54 by double countout, as the two Sheepherders brawled outside the ring. (C+). Miller makes his 5th title defense. As soon as the match ended, Akbar ordered his team to stop fighting, and they complied. Akbar then cut a promo hyping his team, and their tag team title defense over Kerry & Mike in Las Vegas earlier in the week. (C+). He also promised that while Kamala was suspended, he won't be gone for long...(C+)

-Before the main event, the announcers hype that now that the Last Man Standing field is set, two other matches have been announced for this Saturday night: (C)

-Tiger Mask v. The Great Kabuki (former tag team partners)
-Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware v. The Villanos.

-WCCW Six Man Tag Team Championship Match
Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, & Kevin Sulilvan (w/Ray Stevens) drew with David Von Erich, Antonio Inoki, & Curt Hennig in 25:00 when the TV Time Remaining time limit expired. (B+). The Federation makes its 2nd defense of the six-man-tag-team titles. Backlund & Hennig looked good. During the match, the most heated confrontations involved Backlund v. Inoki, and Hennig v. Murdoch.

THOUGHTS:

-This is my 5th consecutive B rated show, and 13th in a row at B- or higher. I'm still looking for that elusive A-.

-The main event was a classic, WCCW-style main event. There are a lot of little storylines spread out among those 6 guys (Backlund faces Inoki on Saturday, Backlund just defeated Hennig for the World Title, Backlund and David have a lengthy rivalry, and Hennig and Murdoch have been at each other's throats for a while).

-This was actually the 2nd match between Williams and Miller - they also faced off back at Cage Clash last summer, when they randomly drew each other in a #1 Contender tournament.

-Terry Funk pretty much dominated the "last chance" battle royal - that match delivered a strong rating considering how many jobbers were in it.

-Leon White had a spectacular match with Grappler #2 - that's a great sign. That's his best match ever by far (he skipped right over B+ and A-, as his previous best match was rated B). White is now 14-0-1 in WCCW, with his the draw coming against Mr. Pogo (White also was involved in a battle royale that he didn't win). It was also the best match ever for Grappler #2 (whose previous best rating was B-). Those guys just clicked. White's push will continue, and the Grapplers continue to fight for relevance on the roster.

-Terry Gordy got a chance to face much better competition on this show, and he delivered, wrestling a strong match with Billy Robinson. Gordy's talking big - he thinks winning Last Man Standing would be his ticket to stick around WCCW indefinitely.

-Steve Olsonoski & Doug Somers worked together to defeat the erratic King Kong Bundy in a handicap match. This is one of those kinds of matches that I've always wanted to see in real life, never did, so I run it here. In handicap matches in wrestling, the side with the handicap wins 99% of the time. I always thought it would be more interesting to see the guys with the numbers advantage actually work together to beat the bigger guy.

-The most surprising result of the night, obviously, was El Halcon and Grappler #1 wrestling a ridiculous "A" rated match on the pre-show. Grappler #1 is 1985's version of Arturo Mendoza - I didn't really expect all that much from him, and he's blown me away. El Halcon deserves some credit to - his previous best match was a B-. The Grappler previously wrestled an "A" rated match with Antonio Inoki.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:43 AM   #876
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-The TV Show Delivers a 4.57 rating. That's a new all-time high, besting the 4.46 the show received the last two weeks. The first TV show of the dynasty, almost two years ago, scored a 0.64.

-David and Kerry continue to refuse requests for negotiations from other promotions, as does SWCW's Tully Blanchard.

-The Final Card for the 1985 Last Man Standing Event, which will be a 3-hour event, is as follows:

Bob Backlund v. Antonio Inoki

-Tiger Mask v. The Great Kabuki

-Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware v. The Villanos

-The Last Man Standing Event
-20 Participants, randomly paired into 5 tag team matches. The 5 winning teams enter advance to a battle royal, where the 1985 Last Man Standing will be crowded:
-Curt Hennig
-Butch Miler
-Luke Williams
-Mike Von Erich
-Dick Murdoch
-Kevin Sullivan
-Leon White
-Jerry Lawler
-Grappler #1
-El Halcon
-Steve Olsonoski
-Doug Somers
-Grappler #2
-Greg Valentine
-Arturo Mendoza
-Terry Gordy
-Kerry Von Erich
-David Von Erich
-Billy Robinson
-Terry Funk

-The most notable absence from this event is Nikita Koloff, who hasn't wrestled since February Star Wars. He was on a winning streak before that. I'm basically just protecting him, and using him as an occasional attraction at this point, while building up his W/L record, momentum, and skill. Roddy Piper is still serving his 2nd 30-day suspension this year (and it's only March).
Old 04-04-2009, 02:09 PM   #877
General Mike
Pro Starter

It's time, It's time, It's Vader time!
Old 04-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #878
surlyc
n00b

Quote:
Referee David Manning, who's current contract earns him $3,000/month (which breaks down to $333/show, wants $825/show to keep working for me).
Quote:
NEWS
-With Referee David Manning asking for too much money, I decide to bring in two other quality referees. Jerry Usher, at $1,525/show, and Jerry Calhoon at $1,500/show.
If Manning wanted too much money, where's the logic with replacing him with two guys on twice as much money as that which Manning wanted? That doesn't make any sense at all.

$825/show is cheaper than $1,500/show. By a large mark.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #879
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Molson, how far from National are you? Just curious as to when you'll go for Written deals.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #880
molson
General Manager

WCCW: Last Man Standing: PPV/Closed Circuit
Saturday, Week 4, March 1985
Dallas, TX (Midsouth - Medium Venue)
Expected Attendance: 11,686 Ticket prices: $3 more than default
Actual Attendance: 8,707.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Mr. Pogo defeats Mark Youngblood by pinfall in 8:52. (C).

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Bill Mercer interviews several of the participants of the upcoming Last Man Standing event:
-The Grapplers (C+).
-Billy Robinson (D) (Robinson says that nobody expected him to defeat Koko B. Ware and qualify for this event, so he has nothing to lose tonight, and is looking to surprise the wrestling world again).
-Steve Olsonoski & Doug Somers (D+). Olsonoski & Somers say they know they're underdogs in tonight's event, but if they both can get good draws and qualify for the battle royal, they think they can make some noise working as a team.

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
-WCCW Commissioner Jose Lothario comes out and hypes the show, as well as the next two monthly supershows - The King of Texas Wrestling tournament in April, and the Parade of Champions in May - both available on PPV/Closed Circuit. (C-)

-As the show starts, a video highlights the Last Man Standing Event, showing highlights of the participants, and how they qualified for the event. Then, the video recaps the rules, and what's at stake. 20 wrestlers have qualified - they will be randomly paired off into 5 tag team matches. They will not know their partner or opponents until moments before the match. The winning five teams advance to a battle royal, where the winner is crowned 1985 Last Man Standing, and will win:

-The 1985 Last Man Standing Trophy
-$10,000 Cash
-A brand-new, 1985 Chevy Camaro
-Automatic Entry Into the King of Texas Wrestling Tournament (and a first-round bye)
-A Contract For a Championship Match - (Can Be Used To Challenge For Any Championship, Single or Tag-Team, With 7 Days Notice, and No Expiration Date). (B+)

-Lance Russell conducts interviews with other wrestlers competing in the Last Man Standing Event:
-David, Kerry, and Mike Von Erich (C+) (The Von Erichs say that their #1 priority in ensuring that Terry Gordy doesn't win tonight, and thus will be banished from WCCW once again. They say they hope they don't find themselves on opposite sides, but if it happens, they'll deal with it)
-Leon White (C+) (White hypes his undefeated streak and the momentum he brings into the event. He says he's the biggest man in the event, and the field better hope he doesn't make it to the battle royal, because there's no way they can get him over the top rope)
-Skandor Akbar w/The Sheepherders (Akbar notes that his dominant team already owns the World Tag Team Titles and the TV Title - now they're looking for the Last Man Standing trophy, and ultimately, the world title).
-Jerry Lawler (B) (Lawler cuts a babyface promo, putting over the Texas fans and WCCW, and says he can't wait to be tested by the best professional wrestling has to offer).
-Kevin Sullivan & Dick Murdoch (B-). The duo says there's nobody tougher, and better-equipped to get through such a grueling event as they are.
-Terry Gordy (B-). Gordy recaps his plans - he'll repeat as Last Man Standing champion, and then win the King of Texas Wrestling Tournament next month, to win two title shots. He claims that Jose Lothario won't have the guts to keep him from wrestling as long as he's a champion. With the first title shot, he'll win the TV title, to ensure the fans will be able to see his pretty face every week. With the second title shot, he'll go after the six-man-tag team championship, with "two friends from back home in Georgia".

-Bobby Eaton and Koko B. Ware come to the ring and cut a promo hyping their upcoming tag team match. (B-). They say that while they were cheated out of a chance to compete in tonight's Last Man Standing event, they'll take the opportunity to remind the fans that they're the greatest tag team in the world.

-The Villanos defeat Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware in 10:51 when Villano IV pinned Eaton after striking him with a chair that Ware had introduced into the match (B-). After the match, the Villanos celebrated their upset win around ringside (C+)

-A video package features comments from the Last Man Standing participants we haven't heard from yet: (B-)
-Greg Valentine (Valentine says he plans on winning the event, then winning the WCCW World Title and taking it to Georgia Championship Wrestling)
-El Halcon
-Arturo Mendoza
-Terry Funk (Funk reminds the fans about his dominating victory in the "last chance battle royal" on the TV show this week)
-Curt Hennig (wants his world title back)

-A rolling drum is setup at ringside, where the names will be randomly drawn by an impartial, neutral observer, to ensure that the draw is truly random.

-The first four names are drawn: Arturo Mendoza & Terry Funk will face Jerry Lawler & Kevin Sullivan. The announcers note the violent rivalry between Funk and Sullivan, and the mutual respect displayed several weeks ago between Mendoza & Funk, who may make a good team.

-Last Man Standing: Tag Team Match #1
-Jerry Lawler & Kevin Sullivan (w/Ray Stevens) defeat Arutro Mendoza & Terry Funk in 8:52 when Sullivan pinned Mendoza (with Stevens holding Mendoza's leg for leverage). (B)

-The next four names are randomly drawn: Grappler #1 and Kerry Von Erich will face Mike Von Erich and Steve Olsonoski. The announcers note that while Mike & Olsonoski appear to be the underdogs, they have teamed together several times in the past. They also bring up the internal issues that the Von Erich family had last year, and speculate whether those issues will re-emerge during this match, with Kerry and Mike on opposing teams.

-Last Man Standing - Tag Team Match #2
Kerry Von Erich & Grappler #1 (w/Grappler #2) defeat Mike Von Erich & Steve Olsonoski in 5:02 when Grappler #1 made Mike submit. (C). After the match, Grappler #1 refused to release his submission hold, until Kerry made the save. (C). The interactions between Mike & Kerrry & Olsonoski had good sportsmanship and technical wrestling - only Grappler #1 wrestled aggressively, which helped lead to the win for his team.

-The next four names are drawn: Doug Somers & Butch Miller will face Luke Williams & Greg Valentine.

-Last Man Standing: Tag Match #3
Luke Williams & Greg Valentine defeat Butch Miller & Doug Somers (w/Skandor Akbar in a neutral corner) in 5:50 when Valentine made Somers submit. (C). Somers seemed off his game. The Sheeperders will all too happy to fight each other when they were in the ring together, just as they were at the last TV show. Valentine looked good.

-The next four names are drawn: David Von Erich and El Halcon will face Curt Hennig & Dick Murdoch. The announcers note that El Halcon is an old friend of the Von Erich family, and helped train David, and talk about Hennig and Murdoch's fierce rivalry. They analyze that from a teamwork perspective, David/El Halcon clearly have an advantage, though from a pound for pound talent perspective, Murdoch/Hennig may have the advantage - if they can get along.

-Last Man Standing: Tag Team Match #4
David Von Erich & El Halcon defeat Curt Hennig & Dick Murdoch in 9:31 when David pinned Murdoch. (B+) Hennig & Murdoch weren't able to get along, coming to blows on several occasions. Hennig looked good.

-The final four names are drawn: Leon White & The Grappler #2 will face Terry Gordy & Billy Robinson. The announcers note how Gordy and Robinson wrestled a very competitive match on the TV show last week.

-Last Man Standing: Tag Team Match #5
Terry Gordy & Billy Robinson defeat Leon White & Grappler #2 in 10:46 when Gordy pinned Grappler #2. (B)

-The field for the final battle royal in the Last Man Standing Event is set:
Jerry Lawler
Kevin Sullivan
Kerry Von Erich
Grappler #1
Luke Williams
Greg Valentine
David Von Erich
El Halcon
Terry Gordy
Billy Robinson

-A highlight video hypes the lengthy storyline involving Gary Hart, The Great Kabuki, Tiger Mask, and King Kong Bundy. The video features Kabuki's firing of Gary Hart, and his tag team with Tiger Mask, and their battles with Hart's team of Arturo Mendoza and King Kong Bundy. Then, the video recaps Hart's nervous breakdown, sabbatical, and return. Finally, the video shows the events of the last few weeks - Gary Hart's bizarre transformation into an Elvis-impersonator, King Kong Bundy's transformation into a minister, and Hart's recruitment of The Villanos & Arturo Mendoza (which failed) and The Great Kabuki (which succeeded). (C). After the highlight video, Hart cut a rambling, insane promo with King Kong Bundy and The Great Kabuki by his side. He hypes (or attempts to hype) the upcoming match between Kabuki, and his former partner Tiger Mask. (C+)

-The Great Kabuki (w/Gary Hart & King Kong Bundy) defeats Tiger Mask in 11:28 by pinfall after interference from Hart & Bundy. (A+). After the match, Hart, Kabuki, and Bundy attack Tiger Mask 3-1, until Tiger Mask's old nemesis, Arturo Mendoza, makes the save and drives off the heels. (C). Mendoza helped Tiger Mask to his feet, and the two shook hands a sign of respect. (C).

-Last Man Standing - Final 10-Man Battle Royal.
David Von Erich won the Battle Royal in 10:20 to become the 1985 Last Man Standing. (A+) The order of elimination was as follows:
1. Terry Gordy (eliminated immediately by David, Kerry, El Halcon, Jerry Lawler, and Billy Robinson)
2. Kevin Sullivan (eliminated by Kerry & David Von Erich)
3. Jerry Lawler (eliminated by Luke Williams)
4. Luke Williams (eliminated by El Halcon)
5. Billy Robinson (eliminated by Greg Valentine)
6. Kerry Von Erich (eliminated by Greg Valentine)
7. Grappler #1 (eliminated by David Von Erich)
8. El Halcon (eliminated by Greg Valentine)
9. Greg Valentine (eliminated by David Von Erich)

-David Von Erich celebrates in the ring with brothers Kerry, Mike, and Kevin, who is wearing a sling. David is presented the trophy, the $10,000, and the new car. (C). David cuts a promo hyping his win, and he thanks the fans. He says he wants to use his shot to challenge for the World Title at Parade of Champions in May. In the meantime, he'll focus on winning the King of Texas Wrestling Tournament next month. (C+) Terry Gordy, distraught from his loss, charges the ring and tries to take on all four Von Erichs - he's quickly dispatched. (C)

-Antoni Inoki cuts a promo hyping his upcoming World Title match with Bob Backlund. (B+) Backlund also cuts a promo hyping the match. (B+)

Bob Backlund (w/Ray Stevens, Kevin Sullivan, Dick Murdoch, and Vince McMahon) defeats Antonio Inoki 36:44 by submission after interference by all members of "The Federation". (A). Backlund makes his 1st defense of the World Title. During the match, after Murdoch, Sullivan, and McMahon were caught intefering, referee David Manning banished them from ringside, leaving Stevens alone in Backlund's corner. Later, Stevens again was able to successfully interfere, leading to the victory for Backlund. After the match, Inoki snapped and took out his frustrations on Backlund, laying him out in the middle of the ring with a series of kicks and punches, leaving Backlund a bloody mess as the show ends. (A). The two showed poor chemistry. The match suffered from a lack of selling.

Thoughts:

-I was very disappointed with that "B" rating when it came up, I thought I had a shot at my first A-rated show here. I'm sure it's the first time I ever had three A-rated matches on the same card (and two A+s).

-The main event was solid, but bad chemistry kept them down to an A instead of an A+. That's hardly a disappointment though. Inoki's vicious attack at the end was inspired by a youtube video I saw last week of Inoki v. The Great Antonio. I see Inoki's character for us as a humble, quiet, solid wrestler who has the martial arts background and temper to go nuts on someone on occasion.

-A+ for the battle royal was certainly unexpected....I guess a battle royal isn't a ratings black whole after all, if you can stuff it with talent.

-David Von Erich probably wasn't the most exciting guy to win by post-Attitude Era standards, where you have to utilize a "fresh" guy to succeed, but in 1985, it makes sense, and the fans would have been rooting for him. It also makes sense to protect and push David, who is loyal and will work only for us. The idea here was to build up Gordy as the "favorite" (since he had a plan and everything to bring the Freebirds back), and then have the really logical thing happen - all the faces gang up on him and eliminate him immediately.

-I was really happy about how the random draws worked out - there was a good story in every match, and I wasn't ever handicapped by anything. The last match of the five: White/Grappler #2 v. Gordy/Robinson probably had the most intrigue. I had to choose between White and Gordy in the finals, and went with Gordy. I think it would make sense that Robinson, who wasn't around when the whole Freebird thing was going on, wouldn't have been as impacted as teaming with Gordy. If Gordy was paired with Mike, for example, Mike might go ahead and throw the match.

-I don't really see this as a "loss" for White - he's still undefeated in 1-on-1 matches. I definitely considered having him win the whole thing, but then what? Either he wins the title or he jobs to Backlund, and then he's just another guy.

-One of my favorite things about bookings shows is the little elements of randomness I can throw in - things that I don't think real promotions do enough, like upsets, guys getting further in tournaments battle royals than they should, etc. Here, El Halcon almost pulled off the win, and had a great night.

-Kabuki/Tiger Mask hit a home run as well. Variations of that whole feud with Hart/Mendoza/Bundy have been going on for over a year now. Tiger Mask and Mendoza now joining forces is the next twist. Both Tiger Mask and Kabuki's contracts are up pretty soon, and they're both overpaid, but it's tough to get rid of guys who deliver so consistently.

-The Villanos sure have come a long way in terms of W/L record - as they pull off another shocker tonight. I knew that would be a good match, so I let them start the show and "go all out".

Last edited by molson : 04-30-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #881
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-A new promotion has risen in Japan, from the ashes of All Japan and New Japan. It's called "Japan Pro". So between that and UPW, Japan wrestling is not dead. Mexican Wrestling on the other hand.....I'm still trying to decide if I should create a new promotion or two manually. I THINK that the AI created Japan Pro on its own (I'm not aware of a real-life "Japan Pro" that would have been programmed in the mod to start in March 1985). If the AI can create promotions where there's a market for them, I'd rather leave it to the AI. But Mexico is still barren.

-Ray Stevens arrived late for the last show. I suspend him for a week. That will save some cash.

-Greg Valentine is exhausted after the last show. I only have him for one more appearance, I'll hold off a little on that and try to use him at closer to 100%. He was the last man eliminated by David at the Last Man Standing Battle Royal, so that might make a good matchup.

-Roddy Piper is officially back from his second month-long suspension this year. He has 42 days left on his contract.

-Villano V complained about his push (he probably has a bigger head with the win I gave him over Eaton/Ware). I'll consider moving him up when I do my end-of-month review

-Mexican wrestling legend Blue Demon has announced he's retiring at the end of the April. That's not surprising, considering the state of wrestling there. Of course, he's also 62 years old.

-Gama Singh and Larry Zbyszko won the Canadian Open Tag Team Championship is Maple Leaf Wrestling, defeating Curt Hennig & Jesse Ventura.

-Kenneth "Slick" Johnson, Jerry Sags, Brian Knobbs, and The Big Boss Man are among those that enter the wrestling universe to start April 1985.

-Angelo Mosca has officially retired at 47 years old. He hadn't wrestled since January 1984, on the last show of Championship Wrestling from Florida

-The PPV did a buyrate of 1.22, that's the highest of our 3 PPVs yet.

Last edited by molson : 04-07-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:16 PM   #882
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlyc View Post
If Manning wanted too much money, where's the logic with replacing him with two guys on twice as much money as that which Manning wanted? That doesn't make any sense at all.

$825/show is cheaper than $1,500/show. By a large mark.

Ya, I think I goofed on that one, thanks for the catch (I think I had Manning's $3k/month number in my head).

Fortunately, that's correctable, and I'll probably re-sign Manning and dump those two refs I just signed.

This is like how Paul Heyman ran the finances of ECW....
Old 04-07-2009, 01:18 PM   #883
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Molson, how far from National are you? Just curious as to when you'll go for Written deals.

I'm not really all that close, though I'm a shade ahead of Georgia and AWA in that race. I need 70% popularity pretty much across the board in the US, and I'm at between 56%-59% outside of Texas an the midwest. PPV though, has dramatically increased the speed of my popularity growth, so I think I will be in the ballpark by the end of 1985 or early 1986.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #884
molson
General Manager

WCCW - END OF MARCH 1985 - MONTHLY REVIEW

POPULARITY

-Texas/Midsouth: 68.1% (up from 66.7% last month)
-Midwest: 66.2% (up from 64.8% last month)
-Southeast: 59.6% (up from 57.2% last month)
-New England: 56.6% (up from 54.4% last month)
-Southwest: 55.7% (up from 53.6% last month)
-North West: 55.7% (up from 53.5% last month)
-Great Lakes: 55.5% (up from 53.3% last month)
-Mid Atlantic: 55.5% (up from 53.3% last month)
-Tri-State: 55.5% (up from 53.3% last month)
-Puerto Rico: 40.3% (up from 39.4% last month)

-The midwest finally reaches the same grade of popularity (C+) as Texas. So now, with each TV Taping/PPV comes a decision to make. Since my workers as a whole are still more over in Texas, I'll run most shows there, but if a show will heavily feature guys with more midwest overness (Backlund, Hennig), then I have the option to go north. The southeast also gained a letter grade this month, they're up to "C". That will make our shows there more lucrative (but it also requires me to put on better shows there to keep gaining popularity)

FINANCES

Income (Last month in parenthesis):

PPV Revenue: 484,560 (419,304)
Ticket Sales: 625,041 (618,840)
Sponsors: 137,858 (139,518)
Merchandise: 17,520 (211,200)

Expenses:

Worker Costs: 353,675 (307,875)
Show Costs: 135,000 (135,000)
Marketing: 25,000 (25,000)
Merchandise: 25,247 (27,008)
Production: 103,500 (64,000)
Misc: 465,474 (4422,350)

Total Profit: $156,813 ($404,549)
Cash in Bank: $1,319,787 ($1,162,974)

-It happened, the crazy merchandise profits I enjoyed the last two months have disapeared. Maybe they're on a 2 month on/2 month off system - no idea. Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's how we do the accounting. At least this time, with PPV revenue, I'm better able to weather the storm. I'm still making a decent profit. It's imperative that I keep increasing the cash in the bank, because once I make the final push for national status, I'll need to be spending some serious cash.

-I keep everything else the same as last month - most notably, all of the production improvements I implemented last month. I will try to be a little thriftier with the worker talent.

Custom Merchandise Settings:

(All set to sell every type of merchandise, unless noted)

Very Low Level (T-Shirts, Misc., and Posters Only):
-David Von Erich
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Von Erich

Very Low Level (T-Shirts Only)
-Iceman Parsons
-Bob Backlund
-Bobby Eaton
-Roddy Piper
-Tiger Mask
-Curt Hennig
-Antonio Inoki
-Terry Funk

-I don't make any changes here from last month. Everyone still shows "awful" sales - I don't expect to see any real improvement until we go national
Old 04-07-2009, 10:49 PM   #885
molson
General Manager

WCCW CHAMPIONS - END OF MARCH 1985

-World Heavyweight Champion - 100.0% Prestige (Up From 98.0% Last Month)
Main Event Title
Bob Backlund (1 title defense, 2 week reign).

-Television Champion - 70.0% Prestige (up from 69.3% last month)
Midcard Title
Butch Miller - (5 title defenses, 6-week reign)

-World Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (up from 69.4% last month)
Midcard Title
The Sheepherders - (1 title defense, 1-month reign)

-Six-Man Tag Team Champions - 71.6% Prestige (up from 70.0% last month)
Main Event Title
Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, & Kevin Sullivan (2 title defenses, 6-week reign)

-Cruiserweight Championship - 38.0% Prestige (Up from 37.2% last month)
Low Level Title
Mike Von Erich - 2 title defenses, 4-month reign

-Bob Backlund wins the world title in March. After a series of title changes across the championships, I'll be looking for a little more stability again.

Last edited by molson : 04-08-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #886
wahoomac
Mascot

Quote:
NEWS

-A new promotion has risen in Japan, from the ashes of All Japan and New Japan. It's called "Japan Pro". So between that and UPW, Japan wrestling is not dead. Mexican Wrestling on the other hand.....I'm still trying to decide if I should create a new promotion or two manually. I THINK that the AI created Japan Pro on its own (I'm not aware of a real-life "Japan Pro" that would have been programmed in the mod to start in March 1985). If the AI can create promotions where there's a market for them, I'd rather leave it to the AI. But Mexico is still barren.

I looked a little into the DOTT database (2007 version) and Japan Pro-Wrestling does not have a starting year, which I guess means that they would start up randomly depending on maybe whether they were "needed" or not. There are two yet-to-debut promotions in Mexico (Asistencia Asesoría y Administración and International Wrestling Revolution Group) but they have actual start times of 1990 and 1996. So it looks like you would be waiting until 1990 to get wrestling back in Mexico.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:51 PM   #887
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'd edit AAA to open up soon rather then create a new promotion.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #888
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoomac View Post
I looked a little into the DOTT database (2007 version) and Japan Pro-Wrestling does not have a starting year, which I guess means that they would start up randomly depending on maybe whether they were "needed" or not. There are two yet-to-debut promotions in Mexico (Asistencia Asesoría y Administración and International Wrestling Revolution Group) but they have actual start times of 1990 and 1996. So it looks like you would be waiting until 1990 to get wrestling back in Mexico.

Thanks for looking at that.

Ya, I'll set AAA to come in earlier, but not quite yet. I want this lack of promotions in Mexico to basically destroy the wrestling scene there (causing retirements, worker skill/popularity erosions) until the game economy there picks up. That feels more realistic.

Last edited by molson : 04-09-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:36 PM   #889
Swaggs
Coordinator

Almost two years old (bump)...
Old 04-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #890
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Almost two years old (bump)...

Damn, thanks for the bump, I didn't realize it was two years today.

This must be the slowest dynasty ever......

I'm taking a little break as I'm occupied by a CIV IV game, but will be back to this early next week...

Last edited by molson : 04-22-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:13 AM   #891
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

A long time reader, first time poster. Great dynasty molson. Don't let Civ keep you too busy because I need my WCCW fix.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:49 PM   #892
molson
General Manager

WCCW STORYLINES - END OF MARCH 1985

Storylines with participants and date of origin, in order of current heat:

1. Hart Limited Drama: Gary Hart/Mendoza/Bundy/Villano IV (January)
2. Kamala's Rampage: Kamala/Parsons (March)
3. Cruiserweight Title Feud: Mike Von Erich/Villano V (January)
4. Leon White's Rise: White/Cook/Kolof (March)
5T. Hennig v. Murdoch Part II: Hennig/Murdoch/Funk/Sullivan/Grappler #1 (January)
5T: Tag Team Title Storyline: Sheepherders v. Kerry/Kevin (April, recently evolved to include The Sheepherders, and to eliminate Tiger Mask/Kabuki, Mendoza/Bundy)
7. Backlund/Inoki (March)

Set to Debut:
-Eaton/Ware v. Olsonoski/Somers

Lower midcarders and higher without a current or pending storyline:

-David Von Erich
-Roddy Piper
-The Great Kabuki
-Grappler #2
-Tiger Mask
-Mark Youngblood
-Mr. Pogo
-Terry Gordy
-El Halcon

-The Eaton/Ware/David storyline that had been the hottest thing in the company has officially ended. Eaton/Ware will go into a established team v. new team feud with Olsonoski/Somers. That will be quite a demotion for Eaton/Ware, but it will give me a chance to see what Olsonoski/Somers can do. David will stay out of official storylines for the time being - he's already got his hands filled trying to win the King of Texas Wrestling tournament for a 3rd straight year, and then challenging for the World Title in the main event of Parade of Champoins

-The rankings of storylines in a little weird this week, almost flipped from what you'd expect in terms of momentum. A few storylines have gotten stale from not progressing fast enough, but hopefully I can remedy that this month.

-The one that's really hanging out there in limbo in Von Erichs/Sheepherders. Kevin is still out injured, though I plan on picking up that feud again as soon as he's back 100%.

-Roddy Piper will also be without a storyline, probably for the remainder of his contract. Now that he's back from his most recent suspension, I'll probably dust him off for Piper's Pit and the occasional job.

WRESTLER CONFLICTS

-The following wrestlers are unavailable on these days in October, as they consider these companies priorities over WCCW:

NONE

-My prestige lead over the AWA has inched up to 0.8%, up 0.2% this month. It's critical that I keep that edge to remain the world's priority company for every worker. I've extended my edge over Mid-Atlantic up to 3.5%, which is a jump of 0.9% since last month. They apparently had some problems last month.

EXCLUSIVE WORKERS

-These are the on-screen workers who happen to work for no one else but me. I'll try to give them a heavier workload, as they're the least likely to have fatigue issues. These guys are also relatively safer when it comes to talent cuts (this list does not include wrestlers who who are exclusively contracted to us, but as of the beginning of the month, have outstanding loan commitments with other promotions).

-Al Perez
-Antonio Inoki
-Barry Orton
-Bill Mercer
-Billy Robinson
-Charlie Cook
-David Manning
-The Sheepherders
-David Von Erich
-Doug Somers
-Dusty Wolfe
-El Halcon
-Fritz Von Erich
-The Grapplers
-Jackie Fargo
-Jose Lothario
-Kamala
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Sullivan
-Kevin Von Erich
-Leon White
-Mark Youngblood
-Mike Von Erich
-Mr. Pogo
-Nikita Koloff
-Owen Hart
-Perry Jackson
-Ricky Romero
-Steve Olsonoski
-The Great Kabuki
-Villano IV
-Villano V

WRESTLER COMPLAINTS

-Dick Murdoch is unhappy about how many losses he's taken.
-Iceman Parsons in unhappy about how often he's been unused on shows
-Kamala is very unhappy about how often he's been unused on shows
-Kevin Von Erich is very unhappy about how often he's been unused on shows
-Nikita Koloff is very unhappy about how often he's been unused on shows.
-Roddy Piper is furious about how often he's been unused on shows

-Some different voice express some complaints this month. Kevin apparently wants to be used in though he stinks of the ring in his current physical condition. I'll use him for a few interviews until he's back. It took me a while to debut Kamala after I signed him, now he's out on a kayfabe "indefinite suspension'. He's only signed through the King of Texas Wrestling show at the end of April, so he'll be back in action soon. I certainly understand why Nikita Koloff is upset, he wasn't used at all in March. I mostly just wanted to keep him out of the fray so I continue to build him slowly.

WRESTLER DISAGREEMENTS ABOUT PUSHES

-These are guys that have let me know they think they should be pushed better (including those listed above, whose complaints have risen to the level of affecting morale). (loan agreement workers designated by *). This doesn't include start-of-month changes.

-Dusty Wolfe thinks he should be an occasional wrestler
-El Halcon thinks he should be a midcarder
-Kerry Von Erich thinks he should be an upper midcarder
-Nikita Koloff thinks he should be an upper midcarder
-Perry Jackson thinks he should be a lower midcarder
-Roddy Piper thinks he should be a main eventer
-Villano IV thinks he should be a lower midcarder
-Villano V thinks he should be a midcarder

-All around, the locker room again seems slightly happier this month. Some interesting requests here. The Villanos continue to see their confidence improve. It wasn't long ago they were the laughingstock of WCCW, now Villano V thinks he should be in the midcard.

Last edited by molson : 04-28-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #893
molson
General Manager

Current Momentum Ratings (End of March, 1985), with last month is parenthesis.

B+
Greg Valentine (N/A)

B
Bob Backlund (B)
Kevin Sullivan (C+)

B-
Jerry Lawler (N/A)
David Von Erich (C+)
Billy Robinson (C+)
Terry Gordy (N/A)

C+
Grappler #1 (C+)
Leon White (C+)
Iceman Parsons (C+)
Roddy Piper (C+)
El Halcon (C-)
Nikita Koloff (C+)
Villano V (C)
Kerry Von Erich (C)
Terry Funk (B-)
Dick Murdoch (C+)
Antonio Inoki (B-)
Tiger Mask (C)
Butch Miller (B-)
Luke Williams (C)
The Great Kabuki (C+)
Curt Hennig (B)

C
Koko B. Ware (B-)
Arturo Mendoza (C)
Mr. Pogo (C-)
Villano IV (C+)
Doug Somers (C-)
Grappler #2 (C)
Kevin Von Erich (C+)

C-
King Kong Bundy (C)
Steve Olsonoski (D+)
Kamala (C-)
Bobby Eaton (C+)

D+
Mike Von Erich (D)
Al Perez (D)
Charlie Cook (D+)

D
None

D-
Perry Jackson (E+)

E+
Dusty Wolfe (E+)

E
Barry Orton (F+)
Mark Youngblood (E-)

E-
None

F+
None

F
None

F-
Owen Hart (F+)

Rising in March: Kevin Sullivan, David Von Erich, Billy Robinson, El Halcon, Villano V, Kerry Von Erich, Tiger Mask, Luke Williams, Mr. Pogo, Doug Somers, Steve Olsonoski, Mike Von Erich, Al Perez, Perry Jackson, Barry Orton, Mark Youngblood

Falling in March: Terry Funk, Antonio Inoki, Butch Miller, Curt Hennig, Koko B. Ware, Villano IV, Kevin Von Erich, Bobby Eaton, King Kong Bundy, Owen Hart.

-Definitely a good month for momentum as a whole. I really try to make sure everyone on the roster has something to do most of the time. Eaton/Ware have really plunged down. It's nothing wrong they did, really, just trying to freshen things up and let Ray Stevens' Federation run as the top heels for a while. Billy Robinson and El Halcon have been nice surprises.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #894
molson
General Manager

ROSTER, END OF March, 1985
*Workers on loan contracts

MAIN EVENTERS

Bob Backlund
Greg Valentine*
David Von Erich
Terry Funk
Curt Hennig
Bobby Eaton
Dick Murdoch
Antonio Inoki
Jerry Lawler*

-Bobby Eaton drops out of this group this month. Jerry Lawler and Greg Valentine each have 1 appearance left on their load contracts. I figure I'll use Lawler to main event a show in the southeast, and Valentine will main event a Texas show with David Von Erich (they were the last 2 in the Last Man Standing Event). Inoki has the most scrutiny here - he'll drop down after the Backlund feud unless he really impresses.

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Luke Williams
Butch Miller
Bobby Eaton
Roddy Piper
Kevin Von Erich
Kevin Sullivan
Grappler #1
Kamala

-Same group as last month, with the edition of Eaton, and the subtraction of Koko B. Ware. Kamala will return this month to terrorize WCCW. Grappler #1 has just had a great run of matches. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he could take the last step and main event.

MIDCARDERS

Kerry Von Erich
Koko B. Ware
Iceman Parsons
Tiger Mask
The Great Kabuki
Arturo Mendoza
Grappler #2
Steve Olsonoski
Nikita Koloff
Mike Von Erich
King Kong Bundy
Mr. Pogo
Terry Gordy
Leon White

-Terry Gordy, Koko B. Ware, and Leon White join this group to make it the biggest on the roster (as it really should be). Gordy is the biggest question mark in the company right now. He couldn't win the Last Man Standing event, so he's still "banned" from WCCW. But I have him cheap for a little longer. I have a couple of ideas to get some more use out him, but I don't think he'll be back on the active roster full-time. As much as I'd like to build White slowly, I just couldn't keep him as a lower midcarder with his performances as of late, highlighted by an "A" rated match with Grappler #2. Kerry definitely doesn't want to be this low on the card, but he's just never really impressed me enough to be any higher. My roster is gaining in star power all the time, and his long-term niche is probably teaming with Kevin.

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Doug Somers
Villano V
Villano IV
Mark Youngblood
Charlie Cook
El Halcon

-White is up and out of this group. Villano IV moves in here to join his brother, after a promotion. The Villanos have had some big wins recently, and are about to become even more relevant in April. El Halcon is on the verge of the midcard, but at 37 years old, I'd rather have him down here, mostly jobbing, with the occasional "surprise underdog" success, like he had at Last Man Standing.

OPENERS

Al Perez
Perry Jackson
Barry Orton

-Owen Hart moves down from this group, Villano IV moves up and out. Of the remaining three, my road agents definitely like Perry Jackson the best.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Owen Hart

-Hart moves down here because Dusty Wolfe requested to be an occasional wrestler, and my "ideal roster" settings require 1 Enhancement Talent. Hart, who's at the very bottom of our individual momentum ratings, was the obvious choice. Hart's record in WCCW is 11-65-3. I'm actually surprised he has that many wins.

OCCASIONAL WRESTLERS

Billy Robinson
Dusty Wolfe

-Robinson had a good month for me in March - he wrestled B+ matches with Koko B. Ware and Terry Gordy. He's 45 years old, and far more useful at this point than the departed Bruno Sammartino. He'll continue to tag with the younger faces, win some, bust mostly lose to stronger heels.

OTHERS

Skandor Akbar
Gary Hart
Lance Russell
Bill Mercer
David Manning
Jose Lothario
Fritz Von Erich
Ray Stevens
Ricky Romero
Jackie Fargo
Ox Baker
Vince McMahon
Jerry Usher
Jerry Calhoun

-A few new names here. Ox Baker will debut on screen soon as a manager, I don't think he'll be around very long. Usher and Calhoun were signed as referees in case I can't bring back David Manning. Vince McMahon is a member of Ray Stevens' "federation' stable, but he really doesn't carry a lot of clout, he's mostly just for experimentation/amusement. He's probably fizzle out and disappear at some point.

CONTRACTS UP IN NEXT 60 DAYS

-The Great Kabuki (14 Days)
-David Manning (15 Days)
-Tiger Mask (28 Days)
-Skandor Akbar (29 Days)
-Kamala (34 Days)
-Roddy Piper (41 Days)
-Terry Funk (50 Days)
-Mr. Pogo (57 Days)
-Iceman Parsons (59 Days)
-Perry Jackson (60 Days)
-Barry Orton (60 Days)

-There's a lot of interesting decisions coming up in the next two months. I'm definitely looking to reduce my payroll, in the hopes that it will encourage Fritz to let me sign some bigger names. Tiger Mask and his $2,000/show salary is a huge candidate to help out there (though after the events of recent shows, I'd love to use a Tiger Mask/Arturo Mendoza tag match). The Great Kabuki is also at risk. That would definitely blow up the current Gary Hart storyline. I'd actually like to bring Kamala back, he's just too interesting, and there's too much to do with him. Piper, as my most expensive wrestler, seems like an easy choice to let go when his contract is up, but I've thought that before and he's somehow survived. Terry Funk might be the toughest decision of all. Right now, I'm leaning towards letting Kabuki, Tiger Mask, and Terry Funk walk away, and re-signing everyone else as long as their demands are reasonable. That would definitely free up some cash.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:30 PM   #895
hoopsguy
General Manager

Does Piper have compromising pictures of you? Seriously, how does that guy stay on the roster time and time again?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #896
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Does Piper have compromising pictures of you? Seriously, how does that guy stay on the roster time and time again?

Ya, someday I'll have to go back and see exactly how he survived so long. It was just one little idea after another kept me running with him: The Adrian Adonis feud/alliance, the mini-feud with David, the never-ending Sammartino angle - throw in a bunch of month-long suspensions where I only had to pay him his downside guarantee, and he was just always able to survive for "one more angle".

I think to me, Piper v. pretty much everyone just sounds like a fun storyline, heel or face.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #897
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 1, April 1985
Dallas, TX (Texas - Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 2,337 Ticket prices: $2 over Default

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Billy Robinson defeats Dusty Wolfe in 7:31 by pinfall. (C) Robinson looked good.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Charlie Cook defeats Mark Youngblood in 6:33 by countout (D). After the match Bill Mercer interviewed Charlie Cook, who continued his verbal attack on Leon White. Cook says that he knows that White is competing later tonight, so he's going to stick around. (C-)

-Bill Mercer interviewed the team of Curt Hennig, Terry Funk, and Anotoni Inoki, who are scheduled to compete tonight against the World Six Man Tag Team Champions: Bob Backlund, Dick Murdoch, and Kevin Sullivan. However, as a result of a injuries inflicted by Inoki at the conclusion of the World Title Match at the Last Man Standing show, Bob Backlund is not present tonight. Ray Stevens is also not in the arena. Bill Mercer notes, however, that the match is still scheduled to take place, regardless of whether or not Murdoch & Sullivan can find another partner. Inoki hypes his performance in the world title match, and says that in light of the interference that he feels cost him that match, he's petitioning the WCCW Championship Committee to name him #1 Contender to the World Title so he can get another shot. Mercer notes that the Championship Committee will in fact name the #1 contender on the TV show this week. Funk & Hennig also hyped the match tonight, and their ongoing alliance as mentor/protoge. (B)

-King Kong Bundy, The Great Kabuki, and Gary Hart come to the ring and perform their collective "crazy" shtick. Hart attempts to play guitar and sing an Elvis song, Bundy rants and raves in his new preacher gimmick, and the The Great Kabuki performs his bizarre salt ritual. The spectacle is broken up by their opponents tonight, The Villanos. (B-)

-The Villanos defeat King Kong Bundy & The Great Kabuki (w/Gary Hart) in 5:47 when Villano IV pinned Kabuki after mass confusion amongst the heels. (C).

-After the match, Bill Mercer interviewed The Villanos about their win. (C). The Villanos say their continued success justifies their decision to refuse Gary Hart's offers of managerial service. They also note that on the TV show this week, the WCCW Championship Committee will name the #1 Contenders for the World Tag Team Titles. The Villanos say the committee should take a close look at them and their success of late, which has included victories over The Road Warriors, Eaton/Ware, and now Bundy/Kabuki twice.

-Doug Somers & Steve Olsonoski defeat Barry Orton & Perry Jackson in 3:54 when Somers pinned Orton. (D+). After the match, Bill Mercer interviewed Somers & Olsonoski, who stated that while they're a new team, the WCCW Championship Committee should pay attention to their dominant win tonight, and the fact that they're undefeated as a team. (C-)

-Members of the Federation Dick Murdoch, Kevin Sullivan, and Vince McMahon come to the ring. They confirm that Bob Backlund and Ray Stevens are not in attendance tonight, and that Antonio Inoki will pay dearly for his attack on Backlund at Last Man Standing. Dick Murdoch, then, turns his attention to Curt Hennig. Murdoch taunts Hennig for his short world title reign, and blames him for losing their random-pairing tag team match at the Last Man Standing event. Murdoch claims that as soon as he found out that he would be teaming with Hennig, he knew he had no shot at advancing, since Hennig is "worthless". (B+). Murdoch and Sullivan then mocked the teams of The Villanos, and Somers/Olsonoski for thinking they have any right at being named #1 Contenders for the World Tag Team Titles. Murdoch and Sullivan say the only team that should be considered is them, as they're the only team tough enough to deal with The Sheepherders. (B+). Finally, they announce that tonight, they will face the Funk/Hennig/Inoki team, however, it won't be a handicap match, and their six-man titles won't be on the line. After teasing that Vince McMahon might round out their team, the introduce their real partner - a returning "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, who comes the ring, with his bodyguard, Grappler #2. (B+) Piper cuts a promo putting over the Federation, insulting their opponents, and hyping the fact that entire Federation stable will be on the next edition of Piper's Pit, this week on the TV show. (B+).

-The team of Funk/Hennig/Inoki comes to the ring for the match, however ring introductions are barely underway when Hennig and Murdoch argue and come to blows, before being separated by the referee, road agents, and other participants. (C+) Finally, the match is ready to start.

-Dick Murdoch, Kevin Sullivan, & Roddy Piper (w/Vince McMahon & Grappler #2) defeat Curt Hennig, Terry Funk, & Antonio Inoki in 15:40 when Sullivan pinned Hennig after inference and distractions from McMahon and Grappler #2 outside the ring. (B). During the match, Grappler #2 was decimated by Inoki after he attempted to interfere. Grappler #2, still groggy, had to try to prepare for the next match.

-Leon White defeats Grappler #2 in 5:41 by pinfall. (B+). The two showed great chemistry. The match suffered from a lack of selling. Immediately after the match, Charlie Cook, as he promised, came to the ring to attack White. White however, easily repelled the attack, sending Cook flying from the ring. (D+).

-Greg Valentine came to the ring to cut a promo, insulting his opponent tonight, David Von Erich, the winner of last week's Last Man Standing Event. Valentine was the runner-up in that competition. (B)

-David Von Erich defeats Greg Valentine in 22:47 by pinfall. (A) After the match, David cuts a promo hyping his win at the Last Man Standing event - he says he's already signed the contract - he'll face the World Champion, whoever it may be, for the World Title at Parade of Champions. In the meantime, he's focused on winning the King of Texas Wrestling Tournament for a 3rd straight year. (C)

-Overall Show Rating: B

THOUGHTS:

-Decent show, saved by the second half.

-That's the end of Valentine's loan contract, he certainly made a good showing while he was here, I'm sure we'll use him again at some point. David's promo at the end tanked, but he can definitely deliver main event caliber matches with a variety of competition.

-Leon White and Grappler #2 had another solid match, though it didn't approach their "A" classic from last week. They have a little rivalry going at moment, they were also randomly paired together in a losing effort at last man standing. (Grappler #2 cost White his undefeated record, though White is sill undefeated in 1-on-1 matches, and he's never been pinned in WCCW). Charlie Cook is obviously out of White's league, but that little storyline will go on a while, just to elevate White. It's kind of the equivalent of Goldberg v. Steve McMichael in WCW, all the way down to football player v. football player.

-The six-man tag was the standard controlled chaos that the real WCCW did a lot in six-man matches. It also got Murdoch a win, which hopefully will placate him a little. Also, we saw the return of Roddy Piper from his latest suspension. There's a lot of intertwining alliances here. Piper showed he's still running with the Grapplers as bodyguards (even though the profile of both Grapplers have risen since Piper was last around - he better not piss them off, there's an easy face turn there if I want it). That faction is obviously friendly with the Federation. Skandor Akbar's Destruction Inc., however, stands out on it's own, hated by everyone.

-The Villanos have clearly gotten the better of this "feud" with Gary Hart and his clients. But their match tonight was a pretty big disappointment compared to what they've been doing lately.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #898
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Some major, critical changes to this dynasty may be in the works as Fritz Von Erich has revealed to me new owner goals and blocks at the 2 year anniversary of my employment.

-I had only been dealing with one block - I wasn't allowed to sign any worker with resilience under C-. That wasn't very much of a handicap. There was really only one guy I was really interested in that I had to stay away from. So upon the end of this block, I went ahead and requested negotiations with Andre the Giant. Andre has been on the shelf with injuries for over a year, but he's looking to get back in the ring soon.

-And I might need him, because the new blocks are much more challenging, and they're in place for the next 2 years. #1 - I cannot sign any wrestler who has less than a B- rating in "basics". That will be very restrictive. I'm allowed to keep guys who are rated lower than that that I already have under contract - but I don't think I'll be allowed to re-sign them when their contracts are up (not 100% sure on that). Some of the current guys on my roster that wouldn't make that cut include Kamala, Kevin Sullivan, Nikita Koloff, Mr. Pogo, The Villanos, Mike Von Erich, and Leon White. This block will transform my roster over the next 2 years into one that's more scientific-wrestling friendly.

-The #2 block is even more interesting, and perhaps more restrictive. Fritz is now on an anti-steroid crusade. He will refuse to do business with any wrestler that has been "known" to use steroids. This is tricky, because it's a hidden rating (I won't cheat by looking in the editor). But, it's safe to say that I probably won't be able to re-sign Kerry, or sign Hulk Hogan.

-So Fritz wants scientific wrestlers, that are steroid-free, at least for two years. A whole new challenge.

-Fritz has also assigned a new necessary goal: The promotion cannot drop below $787,427 at any time. We're currently at $1,315,712. With my new PPV revenues, this shouldn't be a problem, but I'll have to build up more cash reserves to accomplish my planned "burn money on the way to National Status" strategy (once I get within striking distance).

-Dick Murdoch is exhausted after the last show.

-Dick Slater & Dusty Rhodes won the annual Crocket Cup tag team tournament in Mid-Atlantic, defeating Rick Harris and Masa Fuchi in the finals

-Mid-Atlantic has not re-signed Terry Funk after his contract expired - he now works only for us.

Last edited by molson : 06-02-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:47 PM   #899
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wow, losing a pair of the Von Erichs because of the new rules would be a pretty huge change. I'm sure you'll continue to come up with new angles to entertain us, but it will definitely feel different when you have to slash the first family of this dynasty.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #900
sabotai
General Manager

Fritz Von Erich is the father of Mike and Kerry, right? (What I mean is, that relationship was put into the mod, right?) I'm not 100% on this, but an owner will extend a deal with a worker on his own, and with the blood relation, Fritz might ignore his own goals and resign his sons himself.

(Edit: I'm not sure as to when this was put into the game. It might have been a new feature for TEW08)

Last edited by sabotai : 05-02-2009 at 09:20 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote