Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-18-2007, 04:05 PM   #651
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
(Professor X)

I agree Moon Knight, politics will come into play. I hope that moving forward we can avoid the messy entanglements of that, and remember that we will almost certainly not be perfect in attempting to uncover Apocalypse and his Horsemen, and that our fallen heroes are casualties of war. Let's try to avoid making this political and personal, and focus on the one supreme evil, shall we?

I will wait for Silver Surfer and Gambit and Mathemanic to chime in, but I believe our target for tonight ought to be Cannonball. Call that my misplaced affection for my friend Logan if you will, but I cannot yet fathom his embracing evil.

(Silver Surfer)

Professor, you are a learned man and principled for a human. I will follow your choice if it is the team consensus.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:06 PM   #652
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Hmm, I wonder why the baddies didn't form an Axis of Evil then.

{ooc}
We sorta did -- Doom and Sinister are both villians, and Juggernaut is a former villian. {/ooc}
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:07 PM   #653
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Foolish Daredevil! Because we have the same aims (for the moment). I will stay close to my misunderstood brethren. We are not "baddies" we are simply superior.
I wouldn't stroll through Hell's Kitchen, if I were you.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:07 PM   #654
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So there you have it. The villains grouped together and those of us who are not villainous have formed multiple groups.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:07 PM   #655
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
{ooc}
We sorta did -- Doom and Sinister are both villians, and Juggernaut is a former villian. {/ooc}
Truth be told, I probably wouldn't have known if you did.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:12 PM   #656
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

(ooc)
Just catching up now, but I won't really be around until 7:15 or so. It seems like attacking magneto is motivated only by ego, but there's not much more reason to strike at iron man either.
Talgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:14 PM   #657
Thomkal
Head Coach

(Cannonball)

"Ah cannot believe you think I would ever work for Apocalypse. And it hurts the most that you Professor would think that of me."

Attack me if you must, but you won't find an evil here. You'd better hope I'm not one of the Twelve.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:17 PM   #658
Swaggs
Coordinator

(Storm)

Catching up, it appears that many stones have been cast.

I make a call to all of my Force teammates to make sure that they have properly joined by this evening.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:26 PM   #659
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
(Cannonball)

"Ah cannot believe you think I would ever work for Apocalypse. And it hurts the most that you Professor would think that of me."

Attack me if you must, but you won't find an evil here. You'd better hope I'm not one of the Twelve.

(Professor X)

That is a risk that we must all be prepared to face, every night. Tonight I cannot be certain that you are not a member of the Twelve. The time is fast approaching for us to make a decision on what direction to look however my friend.

If I knew anything with certainty I would shout it from the rooftops Cannonball, you know that. However as is the case in situations such as these, the good of the many outweighs the good of the few, or the one.

I do not wish to lose you, but the alternative seems to be losing Logan. Neither is truly desireable, but there has not emerged a better candidate at this time. You will note though, that I have held off making any attack thusfar, hoping against hope that another viable candidate will emerge.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:27 PM   #660
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

(Wolverine)

I don't know what Tony ever did to deserve this, but I gotta follow the team.

Attack Iron Man (Standard Attack)

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #661
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Mathemanic? Moon Knight?

Thoughts on the merits of focusing on Wolverine vs. Cannonball? All things being equal, is one more or less likely to be of greater aid later in your beliefs?
Old 01-18-2007, 04:29 PM   #662
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

(Mathemanic)
Keeping in mind that Apocalypse and his Horsemen must eliminate the Twelve in order to win, I don't think we can rely on them trying to skate by. I would expect at least one of the group to be trying to direct efforts against one or more members of the Twelve.

I have no allegiance to either Cannonball or Wolverine, but I wonder if it's in our interest to direct the Professor against them?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #663
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

To continue, I see no reason to suspect that either Cannonball or Wolverine would be particularly more likely to have been recruited as one of the Five.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 01-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #664
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
(Mathemanic)
Keeping in mind that Apocalypse and his Horsemen must eliminate the Twelve in order to win, I don't think we can rely on them trying to skate by. I would expect at least one of the group to be trying to direct efforts against one or more members of the Twelve.

I have no allegiance to either Cannonball or Wolverine, but I wonder if it's in our interest to direct the Professor against them?

in what way do you mean that? like it may backfire? or they may be valuable allies because of our previous connections?
Old 01-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #665
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Double dola, but at this point, Wolverine has spent his attack. We would not be facing a "free" retaliation until tomorrow.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:31 PM   #666
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

The latter. For what it's worth, and in this fight, I'm not sure that's much.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:31 PM   #667
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] without going back to reread the rules...do Apocalypse and his cronies know the identities of the 12 yet? [/ooc]
Old 01-18-2007, 04:32 PM   #668
Tyrith
College Starter

Yes.
Quote:
[ooc] without going back to reread the rules...do Apocalypse and his cronies know the identities of the 12 yet? [/ooc]
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:37 PM   #669
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] thanks tyrith [/ooc]
Old 01-18-2007, 04:41 PM   #670
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(Professor X) Silver Surfer...your thoughts on Wolverine versus Cannonball as a taget?
Old 01-18-2007, 04:42 PM   #671
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel View Post
(Wolverine)

The damn Hulk is probably the hardest to kill. Let's focus on him tonight and go from there. We'll probably need all of our might to take him down. Well, a few more of me would be plenty, but you ladies get my drift.

BRING IT ON, HAIRY MIDGET!!!!!

HULK DID NOTHING WRONG, BUT IF YOU WANT PAIN, I CAN GIVE PAIN!!!!!!
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:53 PM   #672
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
(Professor X) Silver Surfer...your thoughts on Wolverine versus Cannonball as a taget?

(Silver Surfer)

I have no opinion as to one of them being more likely to be evil than the other. I believe that if evil, Wolverine may be somewhat more dangerous than Cannonball.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:56 PM   #673
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
BUT IF YOU WANT PAIN, I CAN GIVE PAIN!!!!!!

HULK NOT SPEAK IN FIRST PERSON, DUMMY!!!!!
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:57 PM   #674
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(Professor X)

Wolverine does have a point though. Taking out the very powerful is going to require cooperation i would assume, so one must look at people such as myself, Hulk, Magneto and Doom early on while there is still enough good left to easily counteract them if they are evil.

I would further assume that Apocalypse chose wisely and assembled a "mixed" team in their abilities so that they might be able to cause us damage later in the game if they gain overwhelming strength.

For any out there with the ability to tell truth from fiction: I am not Apocalypse nor am I a Horseman.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:59 PM   #675
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
(Silver Surfer)

I have no opinion as to one of them being more likely to be evil than the other. I believe that if evil, Wolverine may be somewhat more dangerous than Cannonball.

(Professor X)

That was largely my question SS. Which would be more dangerous if left alive, assuming both were evil.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #676
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
(Professor X)

That was largely my question SS. Which would be more dangerous if left alive, assuming both were evil.

(Silver Surfer)

So do you agree with my assessment then, Professor? You do know them both better than I.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #677
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Mathemanic, are you okay with Wolverine as a target?
Old 01-18-2007, 05:05 PM   #678
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
(Silver Surfer)

So do you agree with my assessment then, Professor? You do know them both better than I.

[ooc] cept i prolly don't [/ooc]

(Professor X) I do Silver Surfer. I guess I just find it difficult to order an attack on one of my children, especially one with no evidence.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:07 PM   #679
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
HULK NOT SPEAK IN FIRST PERSON, DUMMY!!!!!

(ooc) This is probably the best player/character combination ever. Hulk LIVES the Schmidty Defense. (/ooc)
Old 01-18-2007, 05:08 PM   #680
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

(Mathemanic)

I have no particular objection to targeting Wolverine.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:10 PM   #681
WVUFAN
College Starter

{Doom}

Doom wishes it to be known he is NOT targeting Wolverine. I have reason to believe he is not a Horseman.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #682
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Holy shizola. 14 freakin pages! I'll be reading them slowly. Got back early from LA.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #683
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
{Doom}

Doom wishes it to be known he is NOT targeting Wolverine. I have reason to believe he is not a Horseman.

(Professor X)
Interesting Doom. Can you enlighten us as to how this could possibly be considering we have not had a night for night actions yet? I am certainly willing to not target Wolverine given some shred of evidence, but I must hear more than your word, as much as I respect it. Certainly as a learned man yourself you can understand that.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:15 PM   #684
Blade6119
Coordinator

Im back, need to grab a snack but ill be around for 20 or so
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:22 PM   #685
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
(Professor X)
Interesting Doom. Can you enlighten us as to how this could possibly be considering we have not had a night for night actions yet? I am certainly willing to not target Wolverine given some shred of evidence, but I must hear more than your word, as much as I respect it. Certainly as a learned man yourself you can understand that.

Simply put: it is not something Doom would do if he were Apocalypse. Wolverine is the easy take, the one hero that most would target because of his healing abilites. Him and Hulk are the two individuals that would be the toughest to kill, and would be (and are) early targets.

No ... Apocalypse would go after the ones under the radar, the ones no one would think to target, like Moon Knight or Hawkeye. Those who would normally be ignored due to the fact that they are lesser heroes.

Apocalypse would then simply set back and let nature take its course. You heroes will turn on each other, and naturally try to eliminate the most powerful first. Apocalypse will use your own fears and paranoia to do his own work for him. It's obviously working, as you have targeted Iron Man for no other reason than he is powerful.

You will soon be next, Professor. Your own children will strike you down for no other reason than your abilites.

Doom simply feels that we cannot let simple rivalries and past history to affect whom we choose to cut down. We cannot allow us to do Apocalypse's job for him. We must be smarter than we are now.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #686
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Simply put: it is not something Doom would do if he were Apocalypse. Wolverine is the easy take, the one hero that most would target because of his healing abilites. Him and Hulk are the two individuals that would be the toughest to kill, and would be (and are) early targets.

No ... Apocalypse would go after the ones under the radar, the ones no one would think to target, like Moon Knight or Hawkeye. Those who would normally be ignored due to the fact that they are lesser heroes.

Apocalypse would then simply set back and let nature take its course. You heroes will turn on each other, and naturally try to eliminate the most powerful first. Apocalypse will use your own fears and paranoia to do his own work for him. It's obviously working, as you have targeted Iron Man for no other reason than he is powerful.

You will soon be next, Professor. Your own children will strike you down for no other reason than your abilites.

Doom simply feels that we cannot let simple rivalries and past history to affect whom we choose to cut down. We cannot allow us to do Apocalypse's job for him. We must be smarter than we are now.

(Professor X)

On this you and I agree Doom. As I have been saying all along, we cannot let rivalries and history do our work for us and cause us to turn on each other. We must make intelligent choices. It is for this reason that I am willing to dialogue with a man such as yourself.

Do you not agree though, that Apocalypse would likely have chosen at least one hero with physical strength as one of his Horsemen (or indeed he himself could be manifesting through one) ?

What are your thoughts then re: Cannonball? As a "hero" he is not one of the more widely known. Moon Knight has not raised the few hairs left on my body yet, but of course I don't advocate blind trust in one's own team.

I can only hope that my own children do not strike me down in paranoia, for they should know that my intentions are ever for the good of all and there is much I could bring to the table to defeat Apocalypse.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:31 PM   #687
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(Professor X)

Moon Knight? Silver Surfer? Your thoughts on Doom's thoughts? They do give me pause with targeting Wolverine, although of course I am not casting a wary eye at you Moon Knight. Perhaps Cannonball is a better choice.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:34 PM   #688
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

(Mathemanic)

I think the Dr. makes a reasonable argument.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:34 PM   #689
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, and I see that Moon Knight is back, so we may be able to settle on something here soon.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:35 PM   #690
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(Professor X)

Thank you Mathemanic. Your input was of course desired also, I simply did not see you when asking the question.

[ooc] you weren't online [/ooc]
Old 01-18-2007, 05:37 PM   #691
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Team FORCE

Swaggs (Storm)
Schmidty (Hulk)
ntndeacon (Mandarin)
Grammaticus (Venom)

I think everyone said they were in. If the name sucks, throw out something else and we can change it.

Still reading through the thread, but this seems to be an odd assortment.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #692
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
(Professor X)

Moon Knight? Silver Surfer? Your thoughts on Doom's thoughts? They do give me pause with targeting Wolverine, although of course I am not casting a wary eye at you Moon Knight. Perhaps Cannonball is a better choice.

2 things i must not about doom...first and foremost, we all have an agenda with our play styles. He may sugarcoat it a bit, but he has somewhat defended two enforcers not currently in leadership roles, and has said we go after two of the players in some level of leadership roles within their groups. Its something that could concern someone, though doom doesnt worry me yet. Quite frankly i think he is still ticked off i wouldnt be his teamate

On a serious note, and one not mean to cast doubt upon doom as i dont think he is the best target by a longshot, i think he has been quite in the right as to opposing large teams. I was happy at 4, but were at 5 and still not the largest. So his belief about smaller teams makes me feel good about him(conversely, lsg is the opposite).

Re: Cannonball - Hes fine, i would be happy with him...One thing i dont understand is barkeep is usually(i think he said it at the beginning of this game even) very much for targeting quiet players early..IM(eaglesfan) isnt as quiet as some other like thomkal and GI...so when i fear most the quiet players who skate by, thomkal is a fine choice.

The reality is though i doubt we will over-take the attack on IM in terms of power, so we will have to take cannonball down double damage(to the negative of his health)..likely we will wound him, and tomorrow he will become a default target with his low health
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:39 PM   #693
path12
Coordinator

(Silver Surfer)

Having been imprisoned and tortured by Doom and his minions in the past, I do not tend to hear him with an unbiased ear. His argument is smooth as ever, yet I wonder what causes him to so defend Wolverine so early?

With that said, as mentioned before I would not have any issues with anyone the team decides on. My only concern about Cannonball is that he is a member of the team that we have spoken about an alliance of sorts with.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:39 PM   #694
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
(Professor X)

Do you not agree though, that Apocalypse would likely have chosen at least one hero with physical strength as one of his Horsemen (or indeed he himself could be manifesting through one) ?

No. A more rational choice would be to choose someone with an ability to discern identities ... a psychic, mayhap.

Quote:
What are your thoughts then re: Cannonball? As a "hero" he is not one of the more widely known. Moon Knight has not raised the few hairs left on my body yet, but of course I don't advocate blind trust in one's own team.

My attack on Magneto was simply to make a statement, not an accusation. I do not know whom might be a Horseman .. yet. I will soon. Doom will bide his time. I have full faith that you heroes will strike an innocent "friend" down soon enough, but Doom will take no part until he is more sure.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:44 PM   #695
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
2 things i must not about doom...first and foremost, we all have an agenda with our play styles. He may sugarcoat it a bit, but he has somewhat defended two enforcers not currently in leadership roles, and has said we go after two of the players in some level of leadership roles within their groups. Its something that could concern someone, though doom doesnt worry me yet. Quite frankly i think he is still ticked off i wouldnt be his teamate

On a serious note, and one not mean to cast doubt upon doom as i dont think he is the best target by a longshot, i think he has been quite in the right as to opposing large teams. I was happy at 4, but were at 5 and still not the largest. So his belief about smaller teams makes me feel good about him(conversely, lsg is the opposite).

Re: Cannonball - Hes fine, i would be happy with him...One thing i dont understand is barkeep is usually(i think he said it at the beginning of this game even) very much for targeting quiet players early..IM(eaglesfan) isnt as quiet as some other like thomkal and GI...so when i fear most the quiet players who skate by, thomkal is a fine choice.

The reality is though i doubt we will over-take the attack on IM in terms of power, so we will have to take cannonball down double damage(to the negative of his health)..likely we will wound him, and tomorrow he will become a default target with his low health

(Professor X)

Very astute Moon Knight. I agree with you about Doom, he has not raised my eyebrows yet either, and in fact I am moderately comfortable with him. Conversely, Captain Marvel perhaps just does not understand the drawback of large teams, but she has raised my eyebrow several times already.

I think that we will overtake the attack on Iron Man in terms of power. Or at least it's quite possible that we could with the 5 of us as well as perhaps another team or some individually minded people (although if Cannonball comes up good then those individually minded people will give us a place to start as well). Either way, we cannot do nothing, and an attack on Iron Man does not seem the wise course of action.

That being said

ATTACK CANNONBALL (PSIONIC BLAST)

[ooc] hope i did that right [/ooc]
Old 01-18-2007, 05:47 PM   #696
Blade6119
Coordinator

Does anyone know if gambit is going to show this evening?
Demotivation
Old 01-18-2007, 05:48 PM   #697
Blade6119
Coordinator

I think weve come to an agreement then...lets see if the rest of the team agrees with our synopsis

ATTACK CANNONBALL (CRESCENT DART)
Demotivation
Old 01-18-2007, 05:52 PM   #698
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(Professor X)

Well...the die is cast by me apparently.

Doom, I understand your reluctance to take the life of a hero, and admire it even, but surely a learned man such as yourself understands that oftimes there is something to be learned from even the most tragic of circumstances, no? At the very least, we must learn how this game of Apocalypse's works so that we might master it.

And I did not appreciate your fingering of me as a potential Horseman. I can do nothing but tell you I am on the side of good and rightousness, and if I show up dead at some point you will understand that. There are no other obvious psychics in the game either, so do not claim you were directing that at someone else. I do not wish to cause ill-will between us, but I do not like being accused of something so heinous simply on supposition.

[ooc] the system for initiating an attack on someone by a team could use a little work methinks? It seems rather cumbersome for a team to agree and then for one member to have to kick it off, all the while other members could be changing their mind? [/ooc]
Old 01-18-2007, 05:53 PM   #699
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

ATTACK Cannonball

Old 01-18-2007, 05:53 PM   #700
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm sad you're going after cannonball. You ask for us to possibly work together and then you target one of ours when we've gone out of our way not to target yours.

Blade I will certainly be going after quieter people, but want to give some people, like Gi, who is new to the game, a day to get in the swing of things before I criticize them for attempting an UTR style.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote