Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #1051
Barkeep49
Coordinator

You're not the first to say this. I think I missed something important. What has Captain Marvel done that raises such hackles?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #1052
WVUFAN
College Starter

Dolt, I was not there for the battle, so Doom does not know where the pieces of the Doombot are. What Doom does know is that there was a battle, and my Doombot is no longer there. Perhaps whomever destroyed it had enough power to completely vaporize the pieces.

If you note, when Iron Man was defeated, he simply dissapeared as well. We have no body for him, either, so Apocalypse may be cleaning up the pieces.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #1053
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi View Post
Captain Marvel throws me bad vibes. It seems we would be taking another shot in the dark if we selected another person to kill. That didn't work so well yesterday, even though Captain Marvel revels in being over proactive in actions. It would be nice to have more chap's weigh in on this. Maybe someone will let something slip. I firmly believe in Captain America's cause for good.

(Professor X)

Your belief in Captain America does my heart good Captain Britain. You are alright in my book. As I just said to my dear friend Eric, Captain Marvel seems overly accusatory to me as well. Enough at least to raise my eyebrows and make me take a second look in her direction.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:49 PM   #1054
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(Professor X)

Nothing concrete Eric, nothing concrete. She simply seems...overly accusatory, as if she is trying to muddy the waters and...directive of her group if you will.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:50 PM   #1055
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
(Professor X)

I believe Doom and Wolverine to both be on the side of good. I am not necessarily inclined to continue down the path of Cannonball being evil Eric. I also understand the suspiscions of those who believe that Hulk would make a powerful minion for Apocalypse, but I am not willing to condemm him on such hearsay. I would rather look towards those who joined the attack on Tony in the middle (preferably those who acted before the rest of their team or acted without their team). Barring that, not to bring LaResistance out in arms against me, but I would say that the actions of Captain Marvel have certainly at least raised my eyebrow. She seems to be quite the rabble-rouser and I would like her to explain her reasonings more, or cease and desist.

Daddy, I dont know if you are actually talking about my character or me, but know shit about comics or captain marvel, and nobody i know does either. So I am portraying her to be a bossy bitch that wants to be seen as a leader but wants other people to actually do the leading. I could calm it down a notch
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:51 PM   #1056
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
You're not the first to say this. I think I missed something important. What has Captain Marvel done that raises such hackles?

She was one of the middle attacks on Ironman, which we all know is a good hiding place for an agent of evil.

I would like it very much if we focused on her today. Just a feeling and I could be wrong.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:51 PM   #1057
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel View Post
(Wolverine)

I know this wasn't directed at me sweetheart, but I vote for Magneto or Hulk.

Wolvie for the time being I belive you to be on my side, fighting against the horsemen and not for them, and I value your opions. I am hesitant to vote against the Hulk but Magneto I think we can agree on.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:53 PM   #1058
hoopsguy
General Manager

On the topic of role-playing, there were two people I recognized for this yesterday: Dr. Doom and the Hulk.

I thought there were several strong performances in this regard on Day 1, but limited my picks to only two selections this time around. Thanks to everyone who is trying to add this aspect to the game and I encourage you to keep up the good work!
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:53 PM   #1059
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Daddy, I dont know if you are actually talking about my character or me, but know shit about comics or captain marvel, and nobody i know does either. So I am portraying her to be a bossy bitch that wants to be seen as a leader but wants other people to actually do the leading. I could calm it down a notch
http://marvel.com/universe/Pulsar

She's relatively humble and doesn't like to be too pretentious. She at first didn't want to take the name Captain Marvel out of respect for the original, then when the original Marvel's son took her new name (Photon) she sat down with him and changed to Pulsar.
Talgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:54 PM   #1060
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
(Professor X)

Nothing concrete Eric, nothing concrete. She simply seems...overly accusatory, as if she is trying to muddy the waters and...directive of her group if you will.

(Doom)
Muddy the waters? Doom agree that Captain Marvel should be considered to be one of the Horsemen, but you have done more than your share of blind accusations.
To all here ... while I have no concrete evidence either, ask yourself this: if you were Apocalypse, would you not go after someone who might have the ability to read your mind and discern your true identity?

Who better to turn into a Horseman than a psychic ... nay, the MOST POWERFUL psychic?
Old 01-19-2007, 01:54 PM   #1061
SackAttack
Head Coach

It feels to me like Captain Marvel's antics are more because she wants to appear important and doesn't really know what she's doing than anything else.

But maybe I need to go back and re-observe her interactions with the rest of us from yesterday.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:55 PM   #1062
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

[ooc] nah, it's fine LSG. just wanted to see what was going on there [/ooc]
Old 01-19-2007, 01:56 PM   #1063
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgian View Post

She's relatively humble and doesn't like to be too pretentious. She at first didn't want to take the name Captain Marvel out of respect for the original, then when the original Marvel's son took her new name (Photon) she sat down with him and changed to Pulsar.

Well damnit to hell Talgian.... why didn't i know this before the game. Okay guys, I promise I will change. No more agressive dominanting bitch.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:57 PM   #1064
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:

{ooc}
During an Avengers run when she was a leader, two writers basically fought over her role on the team and she ultimately got portrayed as much more arrogant as she may be now.

I think LoneStarGirl is portaying the character based on that idea, since she doesn't know alot about comics.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:57 PM   #1065
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
(Doom)
Muddy the waters? Doom agree that Captain Marvel should be considered to be one of the Horsemen, but you have done more than your share of blind accusations.
To all here ... while I have no concrete evidence either, ask yourself this: if you were Apocalypse, would you not go after someone who might have the ability to read your mind and discern your true identity?

Who better to turn into a Horseman than a psychic ... nay, the MOST POWERFUL psychic?
Dr. Doom, while your logic behind this is excellent, I am extremely confident that Charles is not a Horseman. After much research in the field of mutanagenic genes, and judging from samples of his, it is highly unlikely that Apocolypse has corrupted him
Old 01-19-2007, 01:58 PM   #1066
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Well damnit to hell Talgian.... why didn't i know this before the game. Okay guys, I promise I will change. No more agressive dominanting bitch.
Ehh, no biggie. I didn't really know until I did some additional research after my initial write-ups .
Old 01-19-2007, 01:59 PM   #1067
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I don't think Captain Marvel is a Horseman. She's been drawing too much attention to herself to be evil. Same goes for Mystique.

I agree that Hulk's, shall we say personality?, would be a great cover for a Horseman. I don't believe we should attack him at this time, but we should keep an eye on him.

I can see going after Magneto, but again, leading the attack yesterday is too attention grabbing for evil right now. I would advise not attacking him.

Unfortunately, this leaves me with the person that I am looking at today: Hawkeye. I don't know if he's evil or not, but he did lead the attack from our group against Iron Man when it wasn't yet set whom we would attack. He called for Captain Marvel to make a decision, but went ahead and attacked anyway.

SPIDER-MAN
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:00 PM   #1068
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(Doom)

(Professor X)

My accusations have been supported by statements, or in the case of them not being, I have said "I have nothing to go on here." While that may be a blind accusation Doom, it is one that is up-front about its blindness.

I cannot explain why Apocalypse did not choose me to be one of the Horsemen. Perhaps because it made too much sense and he assumed that I would be an early target anyways by virtue of my power?

I do thank you for your compliments with regards to my ability though Doom. I trust that the side of good has at least one traditional seer who could look at me and verify that I am not a Horseman or Apocalypse, as my psychic powers have apparently been constrained onboard this ship and can only pick up other information.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:00 PM   #1069
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

(Warpath)

Everyone is focused on Marvel today, but I am curious about someone else on that team moreso. Hawkeye felt strong enough about Ironman's guilt to put extra effort into the attack yesterday. It seems a bit comforting that he came out to admit it afterwards, however I don't really remember him pushing hard for Ironman beforehand.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:01 PM   #1070
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Spiderman, are you proposing we go after one of LaResistance?
Old 01-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #1071
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
I don't think Captain Marvel is a Horseman. She's been drawing too much attention to herself to be evil. Same goes for Mystique.

I agree that Hulk's, shall we say personality?, would be a great cover for a Horseman. I don't believe we should attack him at this time, but we should keep an eye on him.

I can see going after Magneto, but again, leading the attack yesterday is too attention grabbing for evil right now. I would advise not attacking him.

Unfortunately, this leaves me with the person that I am looking at today: Hawkeye. I don't know if he's evil or not, but he did lead the attack from our group against Iron Man when it wasn't yet set whom we would attack. He called for Captain Marvel to make a decision, but went ahead and attacked anyway.

SPIDER-MAN

(Warpath)

Maybe that spider bite put some good sense into you after all. Looks like you had the same line of thinking that I did about Hawkeye
Old 01-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #1072
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Warpath I believe no extra effort was put forward by Hawkeye. Instead his weapons were particularly effective against Ironman. Knowing that he'd get a lot of bang for his buck might explain why he wanted to attack Ironman.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #1073
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

That's exactly what I would have done. I would have picked the characters I felt had the best chance of having seer-like qualities.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-19-2007, 02:03 PM   #1074
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I cannot find the statement, but I remember Ironman saying something to the likes of 'if i die and turn out good, look at hawkeye'

I hate to say that about one of my 'friends' but I for damned sure dont want a Horseman on my team!
Old 01-19-2007, 02:03 PM   #1075
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(Professor X)

Thank you Talgian. I hope your teammate will listen to you, and your belief in me gives me newfound belief in you in turn. I believe (perhaps prematurely) that we may be onto something here.

In hindsight I do see that it would not be wise for Captain Marvel or Magneto to be leading attacks so early as evil, so perhaps they are not our best suspects. This talk of Hawkeye does intrigue me...
Old 01-19-2007, 02:04 PM   #1076
Thomkal
Head Coach

(Cannonball)

While I think its good to be looking at the people at the middle of the Iron Man vote, shouldn't we be looking at the ones at the end too? Spiderman and Mr, Sinister? Since we now know Iron Man was one of the 12, it might have made sense for them to jump on Iron Man at the end if they made their votes after I and Mystique were getting attacked.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:05 PM   #1077
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc]

of course should read "Thank you Sinister

[/ooc]
Old 01-19-2007, 02:06 PM   #1078
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Spiderman, are you proposing we go after one of LaResistance?

I honestly don't know. I think there's a great chance that someone in our team is a Horseman and I'm not going to let loyalty to my teammates blind me to evil. I suggest we wait and see how he responds to being in the spotlight before we decide what course of action to take today.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #1079
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(Professor X)

Perhaps I am being taken in, but I do not believe Sinister to be evil, based on the fact that he has said that I am good and I know that I am good, and he is willing to go against the thought of his teammate to say this.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #1080
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The thing is we had no idea how much damage it would take to kill Ironman. In fact we still don't. Normally I would say that evil wouldn't want to jump on the end of a lynch vote like that since it was clear Ironman was running away with it and they would only be in the "wrong" category. However, in this game we don't know what it takes to kill so I think a better argument could be made that late voters were trying to make sure that Ironman was defeated.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:08 PM   #1081
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
[Iron Man]

If/When I die, Hawkeye should be the first person you should look at. He's been gunning against me from the first instant and I am good.

Found what Marvel was talking about. I guess I don't remember hawkeye gunning for Ironman yesterday as I brought him up first i had thought with Magneto then jumping in discussion. I honestly didn't remember hawkeye pushing for his death before either of us talking about it.

I don't presume to think Ironman knew anything about Hawkeye other than his own personal hunch, but so far right now Hawkeye is the one that has been my strongest feel to vote for.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:08 PM   #1082
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Eric: If I were working for Apocalypse it would be very easy for me to say who every one of the good guys are. Believing you are good is not a sign that the person with that belief is good.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:08 PM   #1083
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
(Cannonball)

While I think its good to be looking at the people at the middle of the Iron Man vote, shouldn't we be looking at the ones at the end too? Spiderman and Mr, Sinister? Since we now know Iron Man was one of the 12, it might have made sense for them to jump on Iron Man at the end if they made their votes after I and Mystique were getting attacked.

Please do look at me. I was completely up front and honest in my hesitation to attack Iron Man yesterday. Would a Horseman be so hesitant to attack one of the twelve?

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-19-2007, 02:10 PM   #1084
spleen1015
Coordinator

It kind of makes sense if he knew his acid arrow would get a bonus against an armored target, then he knew he would score a lot with that shot.

I'm comfortable with him or with Captain Marvel. I like Captain Marvel more for the revenge factor, but I'll be a team player for Mutants First if this is the way we elect to go.

I would like to be the first one to attack! There's nothing like getting the party started! Let's decide what we're going to do and do!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 01-19-2007, 02:10 PM   #1085
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Please do look at me. I was completely up front and honest in my hesitation to attack Iron Man yesterday. Would a Horseman be so hesitant to attack one of the twelve?

SPIDER-MAN
In a word: yes.

In many words: Unless you know for sure that one of the 12 is going to die, by voting for a person all you're doing is raising suspicion on you if they're found to be good.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:11 PM   #1086
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I cannot find the statement, but I remember Ironman saying something to the likes of 'if i die and turn out good, look at hawkeye'

I hate to say that about one of my 'friends' but I for damned sure dont want a Horseman on my team!

Probably only have a few minutes of connectivity. WIsh I had more to address a couple of concerns, raised, but I'll grab this one for now. With a Day One statement and no Night Zero info to get, that's a pretty meaningless statement by a person. It's merely a spite statement.

I attacked yesterday because we needed to kill someone. This game has better odds than most at getting either a bad guy (20%) or a person not a member of the twelve (8 outta 20 - 40% after failing the 20%). That's a pretty good shot, comapred to most Day Ones. Most of our team was on, and LSG said she was leaving soon, so we needed to pick a target. I didn't have any reason for going after EF27 more than any other, but I was already in the books as wanting to go after someone, so I went with the person some of my group were asking about.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:11 PM   #1087
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm confused. Hawkeye was of concern to Warpath because of the effort he put into killing Ironman. I think little effort was involved. Before we attack Hawkeye Mystique I'd like to hear what Warpath has to say about this subject.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:13 PM   #1088
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I'm comfortable with him or with Captain Marvel. I like Captain Marvel more for the revenge factor, but I'll be a team player for Mutants First if this is the way we elect to go.

Revenge for what?
Old 01-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #1089
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Also, if it's rather obvious that a member of the Tweleve is going to be killed, does it not make sense, if you are a Horseman, to strike at another target, thus deflecting blame from yourself when the innocent is killed?
Old 01-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #1090
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Revenge for what?

You're a woman. You know what I'm talking about, sweetheart.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:18 PM   #1091
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm confused. Hawkeye was of concern to Warpath because of the effort he put into killing Ironman. I think little effort was involved. Before we attack Hawkeye Mystique I'd like to hear what Warpath has to say about this subject.

Well my initial concern was that it felt to me he came from no where to do a heavy push on someone who he was not involved in the discussion about. I honestly don't remember him talking about Ironman when we were all day yesterday. It felt to me he came out of the blue to encourage his team to not only attack him, but he used a special attack to ensure to do more damage.

Ironman's voice post-mortem comments about Hawkeye being after him from the start is something I did not remember, so I need to go back and relook at that. As for me it felt he came out of the blue in this attack
Old 01-19-2007, 02:19 PM   #1092
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, if it's rather obvious that a member of the Tweleve is going to be killed, does it not make sense, if you are a Horseman, to strike at another target, thus deflecting blame from yourself when the innocent is killed?
Yes but who knew that I'd be doing an extra two, and Hawkeye an extra 4 damage?
Old 01-19-2007, 02:20 PM   #1093
Barkeep49
Coordinator

If most of Mutants First are in favor of a hawkeye attack today I will join them. However, I think we should wait until closer to Warpath's departure before doing so, just so we can allow our "friends" to contribute to the discussion more.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:20 PM   #1094
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I fear i must also respectfully disagree with you Magneto on the thought that very little effort was put into the attack on Ironman.

Compare the following:

Post #459 (1:46PM) Warpath attacks IronMan (knife)
Post #559 (2:47PM) Hawkeye attacks Iron Man (Acid Arrow - special attack)

I still need to look back at other information about him however. I welcome talk about other targets, but right now I sit uneasiest about Hawkeye
Old 01-19-2007, 02:21 PM   #1095
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If most of Mutants First are in favor of a hawkeye attack today I will join them. However, I think we should wait until closer to Warpath's departure before doing so, just so we can allow our "friends" to contribute to the discussion more.

(Warpath)

I still have roughly 1 1/2 hours or possibly a little longer until I must go with the rest of my tribe to some form of recreation. I fully encourage other discussion in that time however. Its been 8 hours however and I feel like i have been talking into a wind tunnel.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:24 PM   #1096
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
(Warpath)

I still have roughly 1 1/2 hours or possibly a little longer until I must go with the rest of my tribe to some form of recreation. I fully encourage other discussion in that time however. Its been 8 hours however and I feel like i have been talking into a wind tunnel.

(Professor X)

Well I am here to discuss now Warpath, now that I have returned from overseeing the mentoring of young minds at my school.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:26 PM   #1097
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(Professor X)

Well I am here to discuss now Warpath, now that I have returned from overseeing the mentoring of young minds at my school.

(warpath)

Professor,

I would be very interested in hearing who you feel good about currently and who you don't think are as likely to be following our interests.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:26 PM   #1098
Barkeep49
Coordinator

What I'm saying Warpath is that any attack by Hawkeye on Ironman would have produced the same results.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:28 PM   #1099
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Dr. Doom and Juggernaut, any ideas on what course of action we should undertake? I fear neither Charles nor Logan is a particularly productive avenue to persue. The accusations against Hawkeye seem to merit a bit of consideration, although they are far from conclusive.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:28 PM   #1100
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What I'm saying Warpath is that any attack by Hawkeye on Ironman would have produced the same results.

So you feel any attack Hawkeye makes on Ironman forces him to use a special attack?

Post #448 (1:33PM) Magneto attacks IronMan (magnetic blast) and Impedes IronMan (special attack)
Post #450 (1:35PM) Mystique attacks IronMan (gun)
Post #459 (1:46PM) Warpath attacks IronMan (knife)
Post #559 (2:47PM) Hawkeye attacks Iron Man (Acid Arrow - special attack)
Post #560 (2:48PM) Captain Marvel attacks Iron Man (energy blast)

It seems pretty obvious to me that it was a special attack of some form. Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?