Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2007, 02:32 PM   #1101
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
It seems pretty obvious to me that it was a special attack of some form. Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?
I have only catalogued four standard forms of attack, and acid is not amongst them.
Talgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:33 PM   #1102
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(Professor X)

Warpath, allow me to summarize somewhat.

Feel Good about:
Captain America

Feel Decent about:
Captain Britain
Mr. Sinister
Wolverine
Doom
Magneto
Captain Marvel

Everyone else is more-or-less equal, although I certainly wouldn't support an attack against everyone. Hulk for example. I don't believe it makes sense to attack him.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #1103
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
(Professor X)

Feel Good about:
Captain America

Feel Decent about:
Captain Britain
Mr. Sinister
Wolverine
Doom
Magneto
Captain Marvel

Everyone else is more-or-less equal, although I certainly wouldn't support an attack against everyone. Hulk for example. I don't believe it makes sense to attack him.
Interesting, you dont like anyone on your own team...you are likely correct to think that way, but its interesting none-the-less.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:36 PM   #1104
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(Professor X)

Feel Good about:
Captain America

Feel Decent about:
Captain Britain
Mr. Sinister
Wolverine
Doom
Magneto
Captain Marvel

I am a little puzzled to why you feel so good about Cpt. America. To be honest, I am still trying to digest his activities from yesterday. I've been feeling really uneasy about him today. Did I miss something that makes him seem or sound more trustworthy than everyone else?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:36 PM   #1105
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
[Iron Man]

If/When I die, Hawkeye should be the first person you should look at. He's been gunning against me from the first instant and I am good.

Here's the quote from Iron Man yesterday about Hawkeye that everyone has been talking about.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:37 PM   #1106
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Here's the quote from Iron Man yesterday about Hawkeye that everyone has been talking about.

Cannonball, I already brought that up!
Old 01-19-2007, 02:39 PM   #1107
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think its interesting that on a day in which one person admittedly is getting a lot of

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:39 PM   #1108
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Interesting, you dont like anyone on your own team...you are likely correct to think that way, but its interesting none-the-less.

(Professor X)

I don't DIStrust anyone on my own team either, but aside from the fact that our attack against Cannonball was not sabotaged I have not seen anything from the members of my own team that would make me elevate them above anyone else.

To be very clear Moon Knight, I am decidedly neutal about anyone not listed, and those in the large group are only maybe 5% above neutral.

It does not mean that I believe the members of my own team to be agents of Apocalypse, it just means that I do not have any outside evidence to support their working for good.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:40 PM   #1109
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Oh I see what you're saying. Ok I'll buy that.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:40 PM   #1110
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I think its interesting that on a day in which one person admittedly is getting a lot of

Sorry, hit enter too soon trying to type as quickly as I can, because itsa very intermittent.

that the person with the admittiedly conn problems is also the one under cscrunity. ask yourselfvew if 24 people the one is unde the microspace if that's not someone tyring to manipulate the sitaution.

Old 01-19-2007, 02:41 PM   #1111
Barkeep49
Coordinator

1109 was directed at Alan.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:41 PM   #1112
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

wow bad grammer alert.

Old 01-19-2007, 02:41 PM   #1113
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Cannonball, I already brought that up!

(Cannonball)

"Sorry about that Warpath, Ah'm the son of a coal miner and not that well educated."
Old 01-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #1114
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok speaking of people, where has Raiders been? Yesterday he got a free pass. But we know he arrived home early. Where's he been today. I'm VERY suspicious of UTR people and I think he's used up the common courtesy at this point.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #1115
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(Professor X)

Warpath,

It is what it is. Captain America himself is here to reassure you that I am right to trust him I believe.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:48 PM   #1116
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
(Professor X)

Feel Good about:
Captain America

Feel Decent about:
Captain Britain
Mr. Sinister
Wolverine
Doom
Magneto
Captain Marvel

To expand on that with my own:

Complete Trust:
Captain Britain

Feel Good about:
Doctor Doom
Professor X
Wolverine

Hinky Vibe:
Magneto

Distrust:
Mystique
Hawkeye

Everybody else is still up in the air for me. Not necessarily good, not necessarily bad, just that I don't have strong feelings one way or the other about them.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:50 PM   #1117
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(Professor X)

Captain America, care to elaborate on why the high level of trust for Captain Britain? It might move him up my list if you at least told me that you had evidence to believe him, rather than a gut feeling.

I don't need to know HOW you have the evidence, or what it is, just that you have more than a gut feeling please.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:50 PM   #1118
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
To expand on that with my own:

Complete Trust:
Captain Britain

Feel Good about:
Doctor Doom
Professor X
Wolverine

Hinky Vibe:
Magneto

Distrust:
Mystique
Hawkeye

Everybody else is still up in the air for me. Not necessarily good, not necessarily bad, just that I don't have strong feelings one way or the other about them.

Captain,

You've told us why you don't like mystique, but I don't recall you saying much about hawkeye. Why do you have distrust of him?
Old 01-19-2007, 02:51 PM   #1119
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
(Professor X)

Captain America, care to elaborate on why the high level of trust for Captain Britain? It might move him up my list if you at least told me that you had evidence to believe him, rather than a gut feeling.

I don't need to know HOW you have the evidence, or what it is, just that you have more than a gut feeling please.

I think the fact he tried to protect one of the 12 from attacks is pretty solid evidence, no?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:53 PM   #1120
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

PRofessor I too am very confident in Captain America. As you know he was my mentor and brought me into the Avengers. He is a wonderful man who I will trust until something tells me different
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:53 PM   #1121
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
(Professor X)

(Silver Surfer)

Professor, it seems to me that by Captain Britain using his powers to defend the good Iron Man that he has bought himself a certain amount of trust. Whether that is fully deserved or not time will tell. But I am not likely to attack him for now.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:54 PM   #1122
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
I think the fact he tried to protect one of the 12 from attacks is pretty solid evidence, no?

(Professor X)

That's right...he did didn't he? With all the information flowing around, even my brain can get muddled.

Newly revised

TRUST

Captain Britain
Captain America
Myself (obviously)
Old 01-19-2007, 02:58 PM   #1123
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
(Professor X)

The strongest thing I can point to is that actions speak louder than words, Professor.

We collectively have done quite a lot of talking, but Captain Britain's actions in overt defense of Iron Man helped to move him from "Feel Good About" to where he is now.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:59 PM   #1124
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

(Wolverine)

To prove my intentions are good, I submit that I will, again, only attack the person my team has selected. I'm a team player and want this evil gone just as bad as the rest of you.

If my team cannot come to a consensus and they would happen to split their choice, I will abstain for action today.

I know I was hot-headed yesterday, but I get grouchy when I run out of beer.

Having said that, I reserve the right to rescind my offer should my team act in a completely different way during this afternoon's discussion because I am not a total lunatic, cool-aid drinker. But I actually feel pretty good about my team thus far.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:59 PM   #1125
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
PRofessor I too am very confident in Captain America. As you know he was my mentor and brought me into the Avengers. He is a wonderful man who I will trust until something tells me different

(Professor X)

Trying to ride into my trust on his coattails Captain Marvel? You are slightly more likely to be good than bad in my mind at this point, but a move like this smacks of desperation and is more likely to lower you in my opinion than raise you Captain Marvel. In due time if you are truly good it will become clear and you will be elevated. But you cannot rush such a thing, you can only hope to contribute to the rooting out and destruction of Apocalypse and his minions to raise your status in my eyes. Or be vouched for (via a declaration of some type of evidence) by someone who is trusted.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:04 PM   #1126
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel View Post
(Wolverine)

To prove my intentions are good, I submit that I will, again, only attack the person my team has selected. I'm a team player and want this evil gone just as bad as the rest of you.

If my team cannot come to a consensus and they would happen to split their choice, I will abstain for action today.

I know I was hot-headed yesterday, but I get grouchy when I run out of beer.

Having said that, I reserve the right to rescind my offer should my team act in a completely different way during this afternoon's discussion because I am not a total lunatic, cool-aid drinker. But I actually feel pretty good about my team thus far.

(Warpath)

I would advise against this approach. Being under the radar or just going with the flow is a good way to draw attention down the road. Its ok to be wrong about a vote, but give your reasoning for the vote. If you and your team disagree then perhaps its a good point to attack somewhere else. Having an attack bonus for your team is nice as long as you are attacking a good candidate. An attack bonus on someone you feel is a bad candidate is just sending a good guy to his doom faster.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:05 PM   #1127
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
(Professor X)

That's right...he did didn't he? With all the information flowing around, even my brain can get muddled.

Newly revised

TRUST

Captain Britain
Captain America
Myself (obviously)

{Doom}

He did so AFTER everyone had attacked him, and with the knowledge that his protection would not protect the damage already done. More than likely, he was already defeated, and his "protection" was only for show.

No, his protection is meaningless.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:05 PM   #1128
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(Warpath)

I would advise against this approach. Being under the radar or just going with the flow is a good way to draw attention down the road. Its ok to be wrong about a vote, but give your reasoning for the vote. If you and your team disagree then perhaps its a good point to attack somewhere else. Having an attack bonus for your team is nice as long as you are attacking a good candidate. An attack bonus on someone you feel is a bad candidate is just sending a good guy to his doom faster.

(Professor X)

Astute observation and one that smacks of you being good Warpath.

*mentally moves Warpath up a notch on his trust list*
Old 01-19-2007, 03:08 PM   #1129
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I would still like Deadpool out there for consideration for tonight's vote.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:09 PM   #1130
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
{Doom}

He did so AFTER everyone had attacked him, and with the knowledge that his protection would not protect the damage already done. More than likely, he was already defeated, and his "protection" was only for show.

No, his protection is meaningless.

(X)

I thought of this too Doom. Added to that the fact that the only way he could have known for sure that Iron Man was one of the 12 is if he was evil.

[ooc] however we should remember that gi is a new player, and likely was more confused than the rest of us with how to utilize his powers. i also find it more likely that as a new player he jumped to the defense of a player on his team whom he believed to be good. in short, i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt [/ooc]
Old 01-19-2007, 03:10 PM   #1131
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
[ooc] however we should remember that gi is a new player, and likely was more confused than the rest of us with how to utilize his powers. i also find it more likely that as a new player he jumped to the defense of a player on his team whom he believed to be good. in short, i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt [/ooc]

{OOC} This is a big part of why his actions were so meaningful to me. {/OOC}
Old 01-19-2007, 03:10 PM   #1132
Thomkal
Head Coach

(Cannonball)

Looks like the bad guys are waiting for us good guys to make a move.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:13 PM   #1133
Schmidty
Coordinator

HULK FINALLY AWAKE!!!!!!!!
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:14 PM   #1134
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I would still like Deadpool out there for consideration for tonight's vote.
I realize that my studies have consumed me moreso than usual, but nonetheless I concur. We've barely seen any of him, and when every person could potentially be a Horseman, that seems mighty, mighty strange.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:14 PM   #1135
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
My mistake. Deadpool is the other person who did not attack.

With gi not understanding the rules, we still have 3 folks who did not attack. I would like to know why.

[ooc]Catching up[/ooc]

*Deadpool*

What was in it for me? The way I see it, I have a pretty devastating attack. I'm not going to use it for free. Some alliance just needs to make the right offer and I'll be their merc. Until then...
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:15 PM   #1136
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(X - i'm not typing "professor" each time anymore)

Eric, I agree with you that the time for Deadpool to contribute or risk being attacked is approaching. I think that we are definately still justified at looking at Hawkeye too, as he was right in the middle of the attack on Iron Man and pushed his group towards it.

[ooc] his "connection" problems could be a cover too. one or the other could be benefit of the doubt, but both...you sorta lose the benefit of the dobut [/ooc]
Old 01-19-2007, 03:16 PM   #1137
hoopsguy
General Manager

Talgian at zero posts reminds me of the "I'm just here for the Bud Light" guy in the commercials - no, he is not the bass player.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:18 PM   #1138
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(X - i'm not typing "professor" each time anymore)

Eric, I agree with you that the time for Deadpool to contribute or risk being attacked is approaching. I think that we are definately still justified at looking at Hawkeye too, as he was right in the middle of the attack on Iron Man and pushed his group towards it.

[ooc] his "connection" problems could be a cover too. one or the other could be benefit of the doubt, but both...you sorta lose the benefit of the dobut [/ooc]

I don't ever like to accuse someone of stating out of game issues as cover for in game wolfishness. I don't like to say someone really didn't have to go out or have whatever keeping them from the board. I'll assume his connection problems are legit and leave it at that.

That said, he's had plenty of time to talk about his connection problems as well as respond to people's concern about him. Instead of responding to my concerns, he lashed back out at people concerned about him. As you can probably assume, that didn't help alleviate my concerns, and right now I am heavily leaning to attacking him (with or without anyone else). I'm waiting till near time to go (another 20 minutes or so) and then I'll have to make my move. I've given plenty of warning, so there can't be any claims of ambushing him or such.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #1139
spleen1015
Coordinator

Is it time to get the party started? Come on! Let's go!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Old 01-19-2007, 03:21 PM   #1140
spleen1015
Coordinator

I doubt your mind will get changed in the 20 minutes Warpath.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #1141
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't ever like to accuse someone of stating out of game issues as cover for in game wolfishness. I don't like to say someone really didn't have to go out or have whatever keeping them from the board. I'll assume his connection problems are legit and leave it at that.

That said, he's had plenty of time to talk about his connection problems as well as respond to people's concern about him. Instead of responding to my concerns, he lashed back out at people concerned about him. As you can probably assume, that didn't help alleviate my concerns, and right now I am heavily leaning to attacking him (with or without anyone else). I'm waiting till near time to go (another 20 minutes or so) and then I'll have to make my move. I've given plenty of warning, so there can't be any claims of ambushing him or such.

(X)

Warpath,

I would be open to joining your attack on him, and although I can't promise that the rest of Team SilverMoon would join me, there are as many reasons for attacking Hawkeye as there are anyone else.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:23 PM   #1142
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I doubt your mind will get changed in the 20 minutes Warpath.

(Warpath)

You never know. Enough people have been speaking good about Cpt America today to make me back off him some. I'm getting a weird uneasy feel about Hawkeye where no one is outright coming out feeling good about him, but no one is pushing really for his lynch either. I'm not sure what to make of it.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:23 PM   #1143
spleen1015
Coordinator

[ooc]It's only a game[/ooc]

I'm tired of waiting for people to follow their minds when they know they want to do this!!!!!!!!!!

ATTACK Hawkeye
Old 01-19-2007, 03:25 PM   #1144
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgian View Post
I realize that my studies have consumed me moreso than usual, but nonetheless I concur. We've barely seen any of him, and when every person could potentially be a Horseman, that seems mighty, mighty strange.

*Deadpool*

It's pretty strange that I posted right underneath this.

I'm no Horseman...I can't even ride a donkey!

The funny thing is that there was a pretty good My Name is Earl and The Office on last night and I watched them since no organization offered me a deal to take someone out. *Shrug*
Old 01-19-2007, 03:27 PM   #1145
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Its not really as much following my mind as just trying to get a read on people. I came in today mainly targeting:

Cpt. America, Hawkeye, Marvel, Spiderman, Wolverine and Sinister (As I mentioned earlier today). Peoples responses about Cpt America made me mark him off my list, Sinister's own responses made me choose to not push him any more, I decided against Wolverine due to what happened with Doom. THat left me with Marvel, Spiderman and Hawkeye. I went back and looked at their comments and what they did yesterday, and ended up ranking them:

Hawkeye
Marvel
Spiderman

In the order of my feeling like I wanted to push for them. So I brought up Hawkeye (evidentally at the same time Spiderman did) to see what people felt. I'm curious why Spiderman brought him up and then left the discussion though. Since my attack is final, I just want to make a good choice before I go.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:27 PM   #1146
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(Warpath)

You never know. Enough people have been speaking good about Cpt America today to make me back off him some. I'm getting a weird uneasy feel about Hawkeye where no one is outright coming out feeling good about him, but no one is pushing really for his lynch either. I'm not sure what to make of it.

(X)

Warpath I agree with you there is something strange about that. It would be too early in the game for any of the minions of Apocalypse to abandon each other.

Perhaps we truly are spinning in circles like a top and are aiming at the wrong target?
Old 01-19-2007, 03:27 PM   #1147
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Although I have not heard from Doom or Juggernaut, I too am inclined towards attacking Deadpool. It's just too suspicious. It seems like a better choice than Hawkeye, who could go either way.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:28 PM   #1148
Raiders Army
Coordinator

*Deadpool*

Maybe I'll just whack somebody for free.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:30 PM   #1149
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(X)

Moon Knight...any thoughts? Spidey? Eric?
Old 01-19-2007, 03:30 PM   #1150
spleen1015
Coordinator

Cowards!