Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-18-2006, 08:04 PM   #601
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well, depending on technicalities dubb should be tested...his silence during the past 10 minutes is amazing considering he was in thread the whole time
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:05 PM   #602
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Well I leave the thread for 15 mins and everything gets fucked up. Let's hope that Schmidty interprets the deadline as 9pm inclusive.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:05 PM   #603
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Well, depending on technicalities dubb should be tested...his silence during the past 10 minutes is amazing considering he was in thread the whole time

I was also outside after and before I made my post about the clue red wood.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:07 PM   #604
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

FUCK! I seriously fucked that up guys. My bad. I shouldn't have went outside that close to the deadline.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:08 PM   #605
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I haven't seen at-the-wire action like that in a WW games in ages.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:09 PM   #606
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
It was rather fun really, lets do it again sometime
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:09 PM   #607
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Yea, that was crazy.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:10 PM   #608
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
It was rather fun really, lets do it again sometime

Tomorrow is another day.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:12 PM   #609
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, here is what I have for the count, assuming that my attempt to move the vote (wrong name pre-deadline, updated version post-deadline) is not counted:

Hoopsguy - Dubb (433)
Tanglewood - Anxiety (447)
Raiders - Blade (463), Barkeep (575)
WVU - Hoopsguy (512)
Jeeber - path (486), Swaggs (517)
Dubb - Raiders (504), mckerney (507), JeeberD (553), Tanglewood (565), Coffee (593)
Blade - Cronin (545)

Not voted: WVUFan

Even if my vote change from WVUfan to Raiders is changed, it doesn't change the fact that Dubb is going to be tested tonight since he has five votes and no one else had more than 2.

Hope that this works out, despite our butchered efforts here to move it. Sorry for contributing to the fiasco
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:13 PM   #610
Blade6119
Coordinator

Paging WVUfan...i hate when people do this
Demotivation
Old 04-18-2006, 08:18 PM   #611
Blade6119
Coordinator

SO dubby, now that your getting tested...you know, are you clean?
Demotivation
Old 04-18-2006, 08:19 PM   #612
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

That just sounds SO wrong.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:19 PM   #613
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I've pretty well said that all day.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:20 PM   #614
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
That just sounds SO wrong.
I have no idea what you mean
Demotivation
Old 04-18-2006, 08:22 PM   #615
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I've pretty well said that all day.
If true we just shafted ourselves...we had a shot at a major victory today, and if we indeed did miss, tomorrow we go back to square one. Lines were drawn today, and those lines which are usually so helpful SHOULD mean absolutely nothing tomorrow with a conversion...
Demotivation
Old 04-18-2006, 08:27 PM   #616
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

C'mon schmidty! RESULTS!
Old 04-18-2006, 08:29 PM   #617
hoopsguy
General Manager

Now we hope that the bodyguard choses wisely. Or that the Things hit a blessed. Or that there is a Witness role. I'm telling myself (probably kidding myself, but I digress) that there are still multiple opportunities for the impressions today to be entirely valid.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:37 PM   #618
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
C'mon schmidty! RESULTS!
You will have to wait all night...he wont be back for awhile
Demotivation
Old 04-18-2006, 08:37 PM   #619
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Now we hope that the bodyguard choses wisely. Or that the Things hit a blessed. Or that there is a Witness role. I'm telling myself (probably kidding myself, but I digress) that there are still multiple opportunities for the impressions today to be entirely valid.
Well, i dont have a role that can help us...if you do, by all means
Demotivation
Old 04-18-2006, 11:22 PM   #620
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
C'mon schmidty! RESULTS!

SPOILER:

I'm still just a scientist. I would expand on that, but I think Schmidty told us not to.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:26 AM   #621
JeeberD
General Manager

Come on, let's see dubb's blood jump!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:34 AM   #622
Schmidty
Coordinator

I hate to do this, but I am more "tipsy" than I have been in many months and after casuallly looking at this, I'm in no condition to resolve this. I will reso;ve everything in the morning.

My wife and I had a GREAT time.

Last edited by Schmidty : 04-19-2006 at 01:34 AM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:39 AM   #623
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I hate to do this, but I am more "tipsy" than I have been in many months and after casuallly looking at this, I'm in no condition to resolve this. I will reso;ve everything in the morning.

My wife and I had a GREAT time.

booooooooo

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:55 AM   #624
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Some interesting last minute stuff. Let me catch up and respond.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:57 AM   #625
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
It feels like he basically knows were going to hit a villager and is just setting it up so he doesnt take the heat for it...but dubby, its pretty safe that your a dead man unless you can get me and someone else to vote for jeeber on top of your vote. So, if your a human sit back and laugh...if your a thing, just sign off now and dont watch the bloodshed
Bolded part me.

Nope. I didn't basically know we were going to hit a scientist. Chances were, we were. That's all.

How was dubby a dead man? The only way he would be a dead man would be if he wasn't a man at all...and I guess he took your advice to sign off and not watch the bloodshed.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:00 AM   #626
Raiders Army
Coordinator

The other thing I note is that Blade and hoops "conveniently" missed the deadline. I'm not sure what was going on there, but they got their posts in at 9:01. hoops was definitely the more suspicious since he's been doing stuff like that all game not to mention the fact that he didn't unvote correctly. I could see an unexperienced player or a poor player doing this, but not him. Some things aren't adding up a little...
Old 04-19-2006, 06:15 AM   #627
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here was my logic on considering a switch:
- only one Thing left
- no movement away from Dubb until very late. Would require a lot of patience on the part of the Thing to take this stance, particularly given the lack of deadline participation the night before
- Barkeep was the first to start moving the votes, the guy that at that moment in time was the guy I trusted the most
- Blade, another guy who I have gradually elevated up my personal trust lists is also involved
- the guy I had my vote on (WVUfan) was not getting any real support, basically making it a wasted vote
- the more fuzzy idea (but potentially very valuable) of trying to flush out the Thing amidst the vote changes

I definitely don't consider it convenient that I missed the deadline. Every post I made last night instantly went through except for that one, which stalled for about 20 seconds before being processed.

And if I really was trying to pull a fast one with the "oops, I unvoted the wrong guy" then why bother trying to correct it? Wouldn't it be easier to just submit it, send a PM to Schmidty making sure he doesn't act on my improper unvote, and then react with an "Oh, shit!" later when Schmidty or another player points it out to me?

Sure, it is unusual for me to make a dumb n3wb mistake like that. But you play enough games and something random like that is going to happen at some point. I wish it had not happened, I take responsibility for any fallout from it (don't think it really impacted the end result, based on my voting totals in Post #609).

And I completely understand you reading this and being wigged out by the late action towards you and trying to construct greater meaning out of it. I thought the chances were pretty good that I was flipping my vote from one scientist to another, but because of the reasons above considered late activity preferable to the snooze-fest of a deadline march we had the day before, when we had a Thing on the block. Activity = good. It gives us more surface area to evaluate people.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:22 AM   #628
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - I have absolutely no idea what you mean by "hoops was definitely the more suspicious since he's been doing stuff like that all game". This was the first time that I've tried to change a vote all game. I've never had a late deadline vote all game. So if you expand on that thought I'll respond to it, but right now I don't follow your thought well enough to do so.

If you are a scientist, and Dubb is proved to be a scientist, then I'm more inclined to trust people who moved their votes late than to increase my suspicion of them. Maybe this seems counter-intuitive, but here is my case. What does a Thing have to gain from the late activity? Drawing more attention to themselves, particularly when they are the last Thing standing? No matter what role either of you has, if you are human the test just shows that you are human ... I don't think Schmidty is going to say from a blood test that "Player X is the seer". About the only advantage is if they have a strong preference for converting one player over the other because the tested guy is considered a little more trusted, although even that is a trade-off because that person is much more likely to have a bodyguard role protecting him going forward.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:50 AM   #629
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
And I completely understand you reading this and being wigged out by the late action towards you and trying to construct greater meaning out of it.
I wasn't wigged out. The only reason why I would be concerned about a vote for me is that I would be tested, be shown as a scientist, and then have the JeeberD target on my back. Even though I wouldn't die when I would become a Thing, I still would want to win as the same side as I started.

I found it strange with all of the votes that switched to me. I was the only person to vote for a Thing twice. Nobody else did. Not that that should exonerate me, but I would think that that would cause people to not vote for me. Couple that with voting for dubb yesterday (maybe I'm guessing right a few too many times?) and I think that the Thing(s) are concerned with how I'm playing. If the Thing(s) get me shown as a scientist, then no one will trust me from then on because they know I'll be a target for conversion.

The whole "he voted for saldana so he would be a good target for conversion" is possible, but no more plausible than any other conversion strategy. Interestingly enough, my vote for dubb was based upon him voting for saldana and vice versa the first day and then switching his vote off saldana. Wouldn't that be a more viable candidate for the target for conversion?

Anyhow, the voting cycle is over; maybe I'll stay up late enough to see last minute voting.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:07 AM   #630
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Dola - I have absolutely no idea what you mean by "hoops was definitely the more suspicious since he's been doing stuff like that all game"
To respond to that, it seems as if you've made a few mistakes concerning me specifically. Let me go back:

Post #230:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I agree with this as well since it's going to be waaaaaaay easier to pick off an original Thing instead of someone who was converted. This leads me to believe that there is no way they can convert someone every night. If they did, that would weight the game too much in favor of the Things. Every time we would catch an orginal Thing, they would have converted someone the night prior. So I would guess that maybe we have a little more of a window in terms of trusting people.

Let's say they're playing by tradditional WW rules. I would guess that they couldn't convert someone on Night 0, but could convert someone last night. I'm thinking that whoever we vote to be tested today would be good for tomorrow as well. Thoughts?

Post #231:
Quote:
Hmmm...maybe the balance is that we can test two people if we catch a Thing on the first test. Still, I think the game would be too unbalanced if they could convert someone every night.

Your post #266:
Quote:
Jeebs, I think it is safe to say that he wasn't converted last night - perhaps an original thing, but not much in the description to make me lean that way.

Coffee - based on Day 1 posts, I don't think that Raiders started as a Thing.

Jeebs (directed at you since you are around and have seen the movie) - do the conversions in the movies involve an audible component? Or are they silent, giving the other scientists no clue when a conversion has taken place? Or was it some mixture of both? Just trying to understand if there is a game mechanic that I should be looking for in Schmidty's posts to understand if a conversion took place.

We've been making the assumption that they get a conversion every night. I'm going to be surprised at the end of the game if that is the case, unless the scientists have some pretty potent roles to help combat this. I think it is more likely they have a set number of conversions over the course of the game - perhaps one on even numbered days (starting with Day 2) or on even numbered days? If a scenario like this is the case then it would make sense that there was nothing in the description last night to indicate a conversion.

It seemed as if you either ignored or didn’t read my previous posts carefully enough when I asked for thoughts.

Your post #444:
Quote:
Mostly Trusted:
Mckerney (3rd vote on Saldana)
Raiders (Scientist Day 1, voted for Thing on Day 2, posted relatively late and didn't move away from Thing in 5-4 vote)
Cronin (targeted by Thing yesterday)
To which I responded in post #477:
Quote:
I voted for saldana both days.
To which you did not respond. IMHO, you have either had some slip-ups in reading posts or they were intentional oversights. This is why I said you’ve been doing stuff like that all game.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:10 AM   #631
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
The whole "he voted for saldana so he would be a good target for conversion" is possible, but no more plausible than any other conversion strategy. Interestingly enough, my vote for dubb was based upon him voting for saldana and vice versa the first day and then switching his vote off saldana. Wouldn't that be a more viable candidate for the target for conversion?
I want to change the last sentence to "Wouldn't that be a more viable candidate for the target for conversion or he could possibly be an original Thing since they voted for each other on Day 1?"
Old 04-19-2006, 07:34 AM   #632
hoopsguy
General Manager

On those re-posts I still don't see where I said anything to hamper your position. In one I said that I didn't think you started as the Thing and in the second I suggest that your Day 2 actions don't suggest you were the convert, since you voted for Saldana.

If I missed responding directly to a post, it is most likely because my last few days have been fairly hectic at the office and I'm reading in chunks, then responding to what I think is the most critical idea at the time. Your Day 2 vote for Saldana in a 5-4 race was much more important to me than your Day 1 vote for him when he wasn't really in jeopardy down the stretch.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:24 AM   #633
JeeberD
General Manager

Wake up, drunk ass!

Awww, damn. It's still only 6:30 in Schmidty-land.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:13 AM   #634
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
On those re-posts I still don't see where I said anything to hamper your position.
Those posts weren't meant to illustrate you "hampering my position". They were meant to illustrate how you've missed stuff all game. I can understand work intruding in on the game, but it seems as if you're not as sharp this time around...whether it's on intentional or not remains to be seen.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:48 AM   #635
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The suspense here is killing me.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:57 AM   #636
st.cronin
General Manager

If dubb is a scientist, I want us to look closely at those who voted both for him and Barkeep in the previous vote.

knives out
Old 04-19-2006, 12:13 PM   #637
Schmidty
Coordinator

The debate is fast and furious this time. Minds are changing every few minutes, but after some strong persuasion, you settle on dubb93 for testing.

With a bemused sigh and a shake of his head, dubb93 tromps to the table and sits down.

"Look, I don't mind being tested, but the more time we waste, the more time those Things have to do what they did to Schmidty and saldana. Well, let's get this over with."

dubb93 grabs the razor, closes his eyes and slices. The blood flows into the dish, and then the test is performed.

A wisp of steam is the only result.

dubb93 is a Scientist.

Night actions will be due by 7 PM EST tonight. If I recieve all actions before then, I will start Day 3 sooner.

Last edited by Schmidty : 04-19-2006 at 12:27 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:20 PM   #638
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
[color="Red"]"Look, I don't mind being tested, but the more time we waste, the more time those Things have to do what they did to Schmidty and saldana. Well, let's get this over with."
Interesting results. Bolded part me. Makes me wonder about last night...
Old 04-19-2006, 12:23 PM   #639
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Interesting results. Bolded part me. Makes me wonder about last night...

I knew someone would say that. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything. It's flavor for the write-up. Besides, even if he was an original Thing, he would still have been converted at some point before the game. So don't read anything into it.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:23 PM   #640
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well this writeup seems to suggest pretty clearly that saldana was a convert. Which make us belive that converts are not covered in the nightly writeup.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:23 PM   #641
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Gah. Beaten by the GM.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:31 PM   #642
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Well this writeup seems to suggest pretty clearly that saldana was a convert. Which make us belive that converts are not covered in the nightly writeup.

Well, in a sense, they're all converts - some were just converted before the game started. At this point, it probably doesn't matter. There's probably 1 original and 1 convert (after night).

I feel pretty sure that Blade is the original.

knives out
Old 04-19-2006, 12:36 PM   #643
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Well, in a sense, they're all converts - some were just converted before the game started.
Good point.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:37 PM   #644
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I knew someone would say that. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything. It's flavor for the write-up. Besides, even if he was an original Thing, he would still have been converted at some point before the game. So don't read anything into it.
Not to nitpick, but do you mean don't read anything at all into the statement or don't assume that saldana was converted? If it's the latter, we might be able to assume Qwik was not a Thing.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:38 PM   #645
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
...we might be able to assume Qwik was not a Thing.

Now THAT is an interesting point.

knives out
Old 04-19-2006, 12:41 PM   #646
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Not to nitpick, but do you mean don't read anything at all into the statement or don't assume that saldana was converted? If it's the latter, we might be able to assume Qwik was not a Thing.

You are over-analyzing. Nothing in my write-ups should be given any weight in the game. Period.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:45 PM   #647
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think it is pretty clear that Schmidty is indicating that he is not giving anything away in his writeups. So, while we can follow leads from writeups, but most likely they will not give us any new information.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:49 PM   #648
Swaggs
Coordinator

So, who all has been cleared by the testing now?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:03 PM   #649
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well as of the start of day 3 Jeeber has been quasi-cleared (2 chances to be converted) and dubb semi-cleared (1 chance to be converted).
Old 04-19-2006, 01:16 PM   #650
hoopsguy
General Manager

What meaning are people putting in the voting records from yesterday? That is something I'm struggling with a little bit at the moment.

If we make the assumption that there was only one Thing yesterday, then we should be able to look back at the last two votes and still extract meaning for the vast majority of the people still left in the game, even with a conversion.

If people don't want to go too far down this path until after night actions are processed I understand ... just throwing it out there for now and hoping that we don't universally discard voting records even if we are pretty sure there is a conversion coming up shortly.