Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #101
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Is that including the NPC?

And can we submit a matchup in Danny's place?

Yes, the team can submit.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:53 PM   #102
Danny
Head Coach

I fixed the card, was just waiting for us to decide.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:53 PM   #103
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Yes, the team can submit.

Overruled!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:53 PM   #104
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
From Danny that is. If you are all good with your suggested matchup that can be the player matchup.

Cool. Okay, if Danny doesn't come back and confirm it, we will substitute DaddyTorgo versus Autumn for the player matchup.

I'll go look at the NPCs for that matchup.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #106
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ha! There he is. Cool.

So anyone given any thought as to who our traitor is?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #107
Danny
Head Coach

Not Schmidty
Old 10-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #108
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

No traitors, they were removed with it being 5 on 5 (no way to force a tie; didn't want to include the CPU fights in the team score).
Old 10-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #109
Danny
Head Coach

haha ok
Old 10-07-2010, 08:00 PM   #110
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, one less thing to worry about.

I am enjoying the fight and competition stuff. Been fun so far, EF.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:01 PM   #111
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I honestly thought I had posted that, I must be getting old...
Old 10-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #112
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Well, one less thing to worry about.

I am enjoying the fight and competition stuff. Been fun so far, EF.

Thanks, I'm actually glad there aren't traitors. That first challenge was a nightmare to track. Can't imagine how it could have been with traitors trying to mess things up...

Of course the whole Halladay thing may have made it worse...
Old 10-07-2010, 08:37 PM   #113
chesapeake
College Starter

Good work, team. That worked out perfectly for us. The other side obviously doesn't know that we get an advantage by seeing their fighter cards.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #114
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Winner by submission (leglock) at 1:51 of the 1st Round!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #115
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Tomorrow's challenge may be quite physical. There will be one bus tire in the middle of a field the size of a small hockey rink. There will be 4 rounds. Each round the teams will send two players to atempt to get the tire across their goal line to score for their team.

If the game is tied after the 4 rounds neither team wins the advantage but each team will vote on that evening's match. They will each select the fighter from the other team which will fight. If there is a winning team, that team selects the matchup. In addition, each fighter from the winning team will gain 1 skill point which they can add to one of their skills.

Every fighter must participate (no one will go twice).

Each fighter must determine how much effort they will give (a 1 to 100 scale). Results will be based upon strength, conditioning, agility, heart and effort given.

Each pair may submit a strategy as well. They can either be:
aggressive - try to win it quick
mixed - look for an opening but be less aggressive
passive - lay back and try to get the other team to tire before going for the win
Old 10-08-2010, 08:41 AM   #116
Danny
Head Coach

I say if we go low energy we go passive or mixed, but if high energy then aggressive. I will be out until close to or after deadline though.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:41 AM   #117
Danny
Head Coach

So Chesapeake is captain for the day again
Old 10-08-2010, 08:44 AM   #118
chesapeake
College Starter

Good morning, all.

My thoughts:
CPU guys Uoya and Festas go first and go all out. They don't have to fight.

Schmidty and DT go next as the first human team, and they go all out too, since they know they won't have to fight.

That leaves Danny, CR, me and Imada. Imada should go in the 3rd group and go all out. Him losing tonight's bout is no big deal. Sorry, Jorge. Whomever is in the last group should take it easy, I think. Being ready to fight > winning the challenge.

My guess is that the opposition will set up roughly the same way and have their 3 fighters sandbag it again.

1) does whomever line up with Imada want to try really hard guessing that the opposition will lay down, thus allowing us to pick someone from the last group to fight AND letting us see another opponent's stats; or, do all 3 of us who will potentially fight tonight want to take it easy as well and let the chips fall where they may?
Old 10-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #119
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I think the bonus point (and not having won a challenge yet) may irk the other team into putting more effort out today, at least in one fighter.

So I would recommend that whoever is paired with Imada should put up a fair amount of points, maybe in a range of 50-70? We'll take the risk on that, having one guy tired. Then, yeah, lay it down for the other two.

I wouldn't set the pairings as all-out, all-out, Imada, lay down, though. That's probably what the other team will do as well. We should mix it up.

Maybe go in the order of lay-down, all-out, all-out, Imada. If the other team sticks with all-out, all-out, mixed and lay down, that matchup pairing gives us a 2-1 advantage, with the fourth pairing being a match between all-out pairs (so probably cancel each other out).

I agree with Danny to go aggressive on the all outs. I would stay in the middle for the Imada team, and passive for the lay down. You have to think that while aggressive may help win the challenge faster, it's also more likely to lead to injury (and maybe add to fatigue as well).

Old 10-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #120
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Go Team Danny...go go Team Danny!

I'm down with going all-out since I won't have to fight again.

I picked up 6 points to add to my skills for my dominating victory BTW
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #121
Schmidty
Coordinator

I only got 2 points for sucking. My guy isn't that great anyway. I tried to get too cute when designing him. I should have just made a brain-dead behemoth. Oh well.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #122
chesapeake
College Starter

I hear what your are saying, CR. I like the idea of putting our best pair first, though, to try and slap a point on the board right away. But I understand the logic of your argument.

Anyone else have any imput?
Old 10-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #123
chesapeake
College Starter

Here is the plan I intend to submit before I go home. Once I leave at 6, I will be gone for the duration.

CR and Danny will go first. You two have to sumbit your own strategy, but I expect that it will probably be passive with minimal effort. You two can decide who will fight tonight when we win the challenge.

CPU winners Festas and Uoya will go next. I will set them to 100%, aggressive.

DT and Schmidty will follow. You two will have to send in your orders, but we will need a win here, and I think your teamates are expecting max effort. One caveat -- you both appear to be skill rather than power builds; talk amongst yourselves, but 100% effort with a mixed approach may better suit your abilities.

I will go last with Imada. He will go 100%. Any rec's on what I should do? Should I make some effort for the win or should I let Imada carry the team?
Old 10-08-2010, 04:35 PM   #124
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Here is the plan I intend to submit before I go home. Once I leave at 6, I will be gone for the duration.

CR and Danny will go first. You two have to sumbit your own strategy, but I expect that it will probably be passive with minimal effort. You two can decide who will fight tonight when we win the challenge.

CPU winners Festas and Uoya will go next. I will set them to 100%, aggressive.

DT and Schmidty will follow. You two will have to send in your orders, but we will need a win here, and I think your teamates are expecting max effort. One caveat -- you both appear to be skill rather than power builds; talk amongst yourselves, but 100% effort with a mixed approach may better suit your abilities.

I will go last with Imada. He will go 100%. Any rec's on what I should do? Should I make some effort for the win or should I let Imada carry the team?

I say go with a good amount maybe 50-70. That should hopefully clinch it for us. And as long as we win that round, we probably win the competition, and we can be sure you're not scheduled to fight.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #125
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Rule update. Team captains may submit the orders for the player for the challenge if the plaer has not submitted. They cannot override what a player submits though.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #126
chesapeake
College Starter

OK. Given the rule change, I will sumbit 100%+aggressive for DT/Schmidty. I will submit 10% for Danny, expecting him to change it himself.

We better win, or I am screwed.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #127
chesapeake
College Starter

Orders submitted. I'm gone in 5 minutes. Good luck everyone! CR, I set you at 10% and passive, but I expect you will send or have sent your own orders in.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:20 PM   #128
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

You ready for this, Danny? Good luck! Kick DV's ass.

I'm glad they picked one of us.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #129
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The final team competiton will be on Monday. The winning team will get to select the finl two matchups of the team competition. If there is a tie (unlikely) each team will select what order they want their final two fighters to fight in. The fighters selected first by each team will fight and the ones selected second will fight.

This will consist of 5 events. The CPU fighters will not participate. Each team must select one event per fighter (everyone participates). You may need to compare skills to determine the best matchup.

The winning team will learn some details of the remaining two fighters from the other team to help them pick their matchups.

The events:
- 100 meters race
- Shotput
- Long jump
- Javelin (sp?)
- Arm wrestling
Old 10-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #130
chesapeake
College Starter

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I am taking care of both of my daughters tomorrow, so my input will be very limited. Here are my guesses as to what skills would be necessary.

100m = agility, not being heavy
Shotput = Strength. Just brute strength
Long Jump = Agility, Dodging (the bar) and maybe control?
Javelin = Agility and Strength
Arm Wrestling = Strength, toughness, Punches

Anyone else have thoughts on the skill part?

How about this -- everyone should pick 2 events they think they might be good at and post them in order of preference. That should give us enough to work from to come up with a roster.

Javelin and Arm Wrestling for me.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:07 PM   #131
Danny
Head Coach

Shotput and Arm Wrestling, I would likely suck at all the others.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #132
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Actually, I think some other skills could affect things as well.

Skills, Event, Effect

Clinch (Arm Wrestling, mild)
Heart (all, but especially the direct competition ones, 100m and Arm Wrestling)
Conditioning (all, but particularly 100M and Long Jump)
Kicking (Long Jump, mild)
Aggressiveness (Arm Wrestling)

Arm Wrestling, I can even see KO Resistance, Submissions & Submissions Defense and Control being a part of that. I do agree that the ones you name are likely to at least be primary qualities required.

Well, except for Dodging for Long Jump. The bar you mention, are you actually thinking of High Jump perhaps? Where you leap up and jump over a bar at a set height? Long Jump is the run up a line on the ground and then jump forward as far as you can.

I would probably be no good at the three Strength categories, as I did not give myself good Strength and most of the guys on the other team are bigger than me. I am agile and have good conditioning and control, so I think I would be best at 100M and Long Jump.

I think Schmidty is pretty small and agile, IIRC, so he might be the guy to go with the 100M. So I am probably best used for the Long Jump.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #133
Danny
Head Coach

So we have

Chief Rum: Long Jump
Danny: Arm Wrestling
Schmidty: 100M
Old 10-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #134
Danny
Head Coach

Need DT and Cheseapeake to weight in.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #135
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Looks like chesapeake offers up his suggestion above for himself (see last post).

So go with Javelin for him, and that leaves Shot Put for DT.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:59 PM   #136
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So, final list is...

Schmidty: 100M
DaddyTorgo: Shot Put
Chief Rum: Long Jump
chesapeake: Javelin
Danny: Arm Wrestling

Seem good?

Old 10-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #137
chesapeake
College Starter

Sorry I couldn't provide more input. I had my kids all day.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:39 PM   #138
chesapeake
College Starter

Good luck, CR.

If I can get dubb on the ground, I think I'll be pretty happy with the results. Of course, he may put me down in 3.5 seconds if he gets a good punch in.