Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-27-2016, 08:40 PM   #1
Galaril
Pro Starter

iPhone and carrier deals?

So am in the process of replacing my IPhone 5 and am out of my contract with Verizon. I like the iPhone ecosystem so really am looking at either a IPhone 6 or 7. I called Verizon and get that a $700 phone isn't being given away for free but the carriers ( called AT&T too with same " deals") seem to not give any shit about long term customers . They will advertise a price for the phone that looks real cheap then you get to signing and find out there is $40 line feet hat is over the 24 month contract .
I know I could just pay thee $700 outright but was hoping to get some sort of deal. Am I missing something within the consumer telecom providers ? Is it worth waiting for Black Friday ?

Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:41 AM   #2
stevew
Hall Of Famer

If you have direcTV you might be able to get some sort of AT&T bundle deal. I think Apple's IPhone upgrade program is also pretty fair, but I'm not in the market right now so I haven't looked into it.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:44 PM   #3
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
If you have direcTV you might be able to get some sort of AT&T bundle deal. I think Apple's IPhone upgrade program is also pretty fair, but I'm not in the market right now so I haven't looked into it.

Unfortunately I am a DISH customer. Looks like iphone 6s and SEs will be sold possibly at $1 to $50 with contract or a couple $100 without during black Friday so may hold off till then.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:15 PM   #4
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Unfortunately I am a DISH customer. Looks like iphone 6s and SEs will be sold possibly at $1 to $50 with contract or a couple $100 without during black Friday so may hold off till then.

Verizon pricing
get a 99 cent SE 16gb or 49.99 SE 64GB pay 40 dollar line fees Otherwise you can trade in your old iphone for $4.17/month credit and pay 20 dollar line fees plus $27.08/month for the Iphone 7 32GB

Any of the trade in deals at Verizon you will get trade in monthly credits. An iphone 6 would be worth $300($12.50 month). Verizon doesnt usually give the extra trade in promotions on contracted phones. You can still trade in phones for "market value" and do 2 year contracts.

Should have done this a month ago you would have gotten 20 dollar line fees plus 27.08 minus a 16.66 monthly credit if you had traded in your 5 and upgraded to the 7.

Device payment sucks for certain customers and I think Verizon even regrets it a bit(people dont upgrade as often because of it).

Just remember pretty much all companies have around a 40 dollar line if under contract and around a 20 dollar line access if out of contract(device payment is considered an out of contract purchase so you pay the cheaper line fees"

Every advertisement you see on TV from every carrier is filled with half truths so beware.

If you were to switch to Verizon right now trade in your old phone and get the Google Pixel phone you would pay 20+27.08-$12.50(trade in credit) for the line portion of the plan. So $34.58 plus whatever data plan you get.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 10-28-2016 at 09:31 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 09:51 AM   #5
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Verizon pricing
get a 99 cent SE 16gb or 49.99 SE 64GB pay 40 dollar line fees Otherwise you can trade in your old iphone for $4.17/month credit and pay 20 dollar line fees plus $27.08/month for the Iphone 7 32GB

Any of the trade in deals at Verizon you will get trade in monthly credits. An iphone 6 would be worth $300($12.50 month). Verizon doesnt usually give the extra trade in promotions on contracted phones. You can still trade in phones for "market value" and do 2 year contracts.

Should have done this a month ago you would have gotten 20 dollar line fees plus 27.08 minus a 16.66 monthly credit if you had traded in your 5 and upgraded to the 7.

Device payment sucks for certain customers and I think Verizon even regrets it a bit(people dont upgrade as often because of it).

Just remember pretty much all companies have around a 40 dollar line if under contract and around a 20 dollar line access if out of contract(device payment is considered an out of contract purchase so you pay the cheaper line fees"

Every advertisement you see on TV from every carrier is filled with half truths so beware.

If you were to switch to Verizon right now trade in your old phone and get the Google Pixel phone you would pay 20+27.08-$12.50(trade in credit) for the line portion of the plan. So $34.58 plus whatever data plan you get.

Thanks sir. After my initial shock of "say it ain't so Joe" I now understand how this is all priced. I will see if I can save aa little on Black Friday but am planning,to buy a phone out of contract outright upfront and not sidereal with a contract with no discernable benefit from it.