Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
dfisher
High School JV

A World of Opportunity (FM2010)

I have played the Football Manager series since CM 01/02. I probably go a little overboard with the setup, causing gameplay to be a little slow, but that's how I like to play. My computer got too slow to handle things, but I asked for nothing but gift cards for Christmas and my birthday, and I was able to purchase a new computer. I immediately purchased FM 2010 and started a career the only way I know how, unemployed with every league from every playable nation available. I set my reputation to Sunday League footballer and went on holiday applying for every available job. I accepted the first one offered to me, so I was the new manager of:

STROMSBERGS IF

Stromsbergs had just been promoted from the 3rd Division (unplayable) in Sweden, so I would take over in the 2nd Division. There are 6 leagues in the 2nd division, which is actually the 4th level of the pyramid. There are 2 leagues of the first division above this one, which feed into the 1st Division Elite. After that comes the Swedish Premier Division.

I am currently in 2016 with the save, so I will give some updates leading to present day, and then I will get into more detail with the team.

dfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
dfisher
High School JV

One thing I forgot to mention in the first post is my nationality. I started as a US Virgin Islander, because one day I would like to retire to St. Thomas.

Stromsbergs pretty much lacks any history to speak of. There only achievement is the 2009 3rd division title that earned the promotion to division 2. They have basic training and youth facilities and play their home games at Heden, which has a capacity of 500 with only 180 seated.

2010 Season

My team isn't very good, to say the least. We are picked to finish 12th (dead last) in 2nd Division N. I sign a bunch of players to give some depth and pray. No transfer budget at all, plus an extemely low reputation, makes it difficult to attract anyone with talent.

I somehow manage a win in the first game, but then go on a streak of 1 win and only 6 points out of 13 games, including a 3 game stretch without scoring. When you only play 22 games in the season, a stretch like that is hard to overcome, and I went into the last game in the relegation zone. I needed a win and some help to get enough points to earn my way into the relegation playoff.

That game was against Frej at home. I only lost 2-1 at their place, so I had some hope. That hope pretty much disappeared when I had a man sent off in the 81st minute, and I looked and Hudiskvall, the team I needed to lose, was winning 1-0.

Then a miracle happened, Hudiskvall gave up 2 goals in the last 10 minutes to lose, and Jesper Ardvisson, my redheaded backup striker drilled one off the post in the 92nd minute. The rebound went off at a crazy angle and fell to the feet of Kenneth Holmgren, my right attacking midfielder. He struck the ball at a tight angle right into the net, and I had made it to the playoffs!!

I had a 2-legged playoff with a 3rd divsion club for the right to stay in the 2nd division. I managed to win 1-0 on the road and held on for a 3-3 draw at home, and I lived to manage another day at Heden.

Fixtures

Final Table

Transfers

Best XI

Only 5 players on my best XI squad (including bench) were on my team at the start of the year. Only one of which was a starter (Hans Hamzeh, who could play all three midfield positions).

Naim Khreis split time between central defender and striker and amassed five goals to lead the team on the way to fans player of the year. Three of those goals were in one game, so that should tell you how hard up for scoring I was. Little did I know that the Stromsbergs all time leading scorer would already be on the team.

2011 season when the new baby allows me some time.

If anyone wants to know how a team or player is doing throughout this dynasty, let me know. With everything loaded, I should be able to find anyone.

Last edited by dfisher : 08-14-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #3
dfisher
High School JV

2011 SEASON

Media Prediction - 12th (last) We've been moved to 2nd Division WG

My goal for the 2011 season is to stay in the 2nd division without going through the relegation playoffs. My board only allows 2 scouts and 2 coaches (plus Ass. Man) and no transfer budget. Luckily, I am still way below by wage bill, but, as a semi-pro team, I am still limited. However, I do make some signings, including some building blocks for the years ahead.

Transfers

Per Magnusson provides much needed versatility by playing DR, MC, and MR all fairly well. With the bad pitches at this level, someone who can play multiple positions comes in very handy. Ottar Bjarnason became my starting AMR (and vice-captain) for years. Johann Aoalsteinsson is still with the team (and my captain) in 2016, although he has made my internal play-by-play monologue difficult with that name.

For the second season in a row, we start off well, with 4 points from the first 2 games. Once again, however, we struggle afterwards, only picking up 5 points in the next 12. A record 3 game winning streak followed, and we then survived the last five games to finish in 10th again and in the playoffs, where we won 3-0 on aggregate. I live to manage another year at Stromsberg.

Fixtures

League Table

Best XI

Oscar Wall wins the Fans Player of the Year at 18 years of age. He is still favored personnel on the team list, but he turned out to be a bit of a one year wonder. Ottar Bjarnason led the team with a 6.95 average rating, while Dan Danneman started a string of 5 consecutive years of leading the team in scoring with 9 goals on the year. Danneman came to the team as a depth signing in 2010, and his stats aren't that great. He just keeps scoring goals. I've tried to bring in other strikers over the years to replace him, but no one does as well as he does of putting the ball in the net. Plus, he only makes $3500 a year.

Last edited by dfisher : 08-14-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
dfisher
High School JV

2012 SEASON

Media Prediction - 12th (last).

Once again, my goal is to avoid relegation without the need of the playoff.

Transfers

Not a great haul looking back. Patrick Wallen was my big signing at striker who didn't do much for me. Dan Danneman was my starter, and I alternated Wallen and Oscar Wall (last year's fan's player of the year) opposite him. I alternated because neither did well enough to hold down the job. Johan Hansson and Jaakko Laine were to be my new central defending duo, but both failed miserably with more ratings in the 5's than 7's. At least Hansson eventually became my first sale for some money. Markus Hirvonen became my starter and AML for a few years and is by far the most successful of the class.

Fixtures

After back to back good starts to the year, this one started miserably, with only 2 points out of the first 7 games. Danneman then had back to back braces to start a 5 wins out of 7 games stretch. This stretch put us in the clear zone, and we stayed there with wins in 4 of the last 6. Stromsbergs was safe without the need for a playoff, and I was starting to grow attached to the lads.

League Table

Best XI

Danneman led the team with 12 goals and a 7.17 average rating en route to Fans' Player of the Year.

Last edited by dfisher : 08-14-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #5
dfisher
High School JV

2013 SEASON

Media Prediction - 12th (last)

Seriously, how bad must our prestige have been to start this game? Anyway, I've slowly been adding pieces to the team, and last year I finally finished out of the relegation zone. My goal this year is to finish top half.

Transfers

This was a very important transfer season in Stromsbergs history. Some helped right away, while others will pay off in the future. Mikko Tihinen immediatlely became my starting DMC. His only downfall was low stamina due to being in his mid 30's, meaning he had to come off around 60-70 minutes most games. Martin Petterson became a regular at DR, and Lasse Jensen was a supersub defender for a year before taking over at DL in 2014. Then came the youths. Joakim Karlsson can play DC, DCM, and MC. He will get spot duty when injuries hit over the years and is slowly getting more playing time currently. Daniel Lopez is a ML, who I train up to AML and starts to see more time in the future. Finally, David Bostrom is a AM L/R, and ST. My scouts found a keeper with him. Bostrom is currently my best AMR, by best AML, and my best ST. He didn't take over playing full time until 2015 as I brought him along slowly. He has 2 caps for the Under 19 Swedish team with 1 goal (my only player to get international duty).

Fixtures

7 goals by Dan Danneman over the first 5 games leads us to 13 points and second place, and I start thinking the unthinkable. . .promotion. Wishful thinking. I don't win another game and manage only 9 draws in the last 17 games to finish 9th, one point above relegation playoff. Just a depressing season that saw us find any possible way to blow late leads.

League Table

Best Eleven

Tihinen wins the fans player of the year, my fourth different winner in 4 seasons, with a 7.07 rating. Danneman leads the way again with 11 goals, unfortunately, no one else had more than 4. Next season, I need to end the 17 game winless streak before thinking of any kind of success. Luckily, I am well below my wage budget, which keeps the board satisfied with my performance.

Last edited by dfisher : 12-06-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #6
dfisher
High School JV

2014 SEASON

Media Prediction - 12th (last);shocking

Goal #1 for the season was to get a win. We started the season on the heels of a 17 game winless streak to end the 2013 season. Then, I wanted to start to ease in some youngsters en route to a top half finish.

Transfers

My scouts are obviously more familiar with Brommapojkama (in Sweden) and Fylkir (in Iceland), as I got a few youth players from each. Urban Lundgren can play AMR and DR and has started at both throughout his career as a regular. Martin Jansson has been my 1st choice keeper for 3 seasons now. Glenn Sonnelind is massive and takes a starting spot in the middle of the defense. Johnathon Kristofferson is a good young rotation player at striker, and Daniel Bornemann eventually takes over as starting DMC in the future. Quite the haul. None of the players leaving will be missed greatly. Most are youth players that were never going to play for the first team. Oscar Wall is gone 2 seasons after getting player of the year, but he never fulfilled his promise.

Fixtures

2 draws and 2 losses to open the year pushed the winless streak to 21 before we squeaked out a 2-1 win. That seemed to push my young team on, with only 1 loss in the next 11 games. That streak included a record 7-0 win (with hat tricks from Danneman and Kristofferson) and a 6-1 win (with another hat trick from Danneman). I can definitely see the potential on the team, as we finish in 7th.

League Table

Best XI

Danneman leads the team with a team record 13 goals. David Nilsson, my DC from my first season, is fan's player of the year with a 7.10 rating.

One more season to get caught up, although I am almost half way thru the 2016 season now.

Last edited by dfisher : 12-06-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
dfisher
High School JV

2015 SEASON

Media Prediction - 12th (last)

I think we can compete for a top 5 spot. Only some 2nd Division squads get into the Swedish Cup; the game doesn't say how they are chosen, but I want to finish high enough to qualify.

Transfers

The board greatly increased my wage budget, and I wasn't anywhere near it. That allowed me to adjust the budget to give me some transfer funds for the first time. Robin Stenlund is my biggest purcase ever to this point for a whopping $2.5 k. He plays both DR and DL and starts most of the year between the two positions. I pick up Jesper Almgren for some depth at AMR, since my only 2 players at that position, David Bostrom and Urban Lundgren, are often needed at other positions. My scouts continue to watch Brommapojkama and Fylkir, as I pick up a couple more from those sides, with Almgren and 2 young defenders for the future. Salomon King is a veteran DRC for some depth and versatility, and Andres Winding becomes my highest paid player at $17,000 as my new starting AML.

Meanwhile, I say goodbye to a lot of long-time Stromsbergs players. Lindestmo, Anderback, and Bjarnasson were starters at one point; I just was able to purchase better players.

Fixtures

It looked to be a long season when we got blown out 3-0 on the road to start the year. Dan Danneman then scored 5 goals as we got 10 points from the next 4 games. After a loss, things finally clicked. Martin Jansson put together 5 clean sheets in a row to start a 9 game winning streak. The key streak was back to back wins over Orebro Syrianska (who beat us to start the year) and Halmia, the two teams that were 1,2 in the league. This put us in first place. After Danneman carried the team in the first half of the season, David Bostrom and Johnathon Kristofferson took over in the second. Despite only 5 points from the last 4 games (including draws against 2 of the worst in the league, the standings speak for themselves.

League Table

STROMSBERGS WINS 2ND DIVISION WG!!!

Best XI

Daniel Bornemann takes over at DMC and gets fans' player of the year with a 7.39 average rating. Danneman sets a new record with 14 goals in 22 games.

After the season, the board is delighted, and the fans want to put a statue up of me. We win promotion to the 1st Division South.

Another huge announcement is the fact that Stromsbergs is now professional!

Last edited by dfisher : 08-14-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #8
dfisher
High School JV

2016 Season

Media Prediction - 14th (last)
Board Expectations (First Divsion South) - battle bravely against relegation
Board Expectations (Swedish Cup) - enjoy my time in the Swedish Cup

The 2016 season will be the first in Stromsbergs history in the First Division. We are placed in the First Division South, which has 14 teams. The bottom 3 are automatically relegated back to 2nd Division status. The champion gets promoted to First Division Elite, and second place gets in a playoff (I'm assuming with the 2nd place team in First Division North.)

Some huge changes occur in the budget. First, we are no a fully professional team. Our wage budget nearly doubles, and we get a small transfer budget ($7k) for the first time ever. Also, we are now able to hire up to 8 coaches and 5 scouts, instead of 2 of each. I hire people, but don't go to the limit just yet. I want to make sure I don't go right back down.

Transfers

Some big signings. Hallur Hansson is a Faroe Islands international who will take over at MC. He is, by far, the highest paid player on the roster at ~$40k. Jussi Jokela (DR), Johan Henningsson (DL), and Daniel Johansson (DC) form 3/4 of my starting defense now.

To make room on the roster for all the signings, I had to let some people go. Some contracts were allowed to expire, and then I went on a bit of a selling spree. Olafur Sigurosson was one of the many strikers I brought in to take Dan Danneman's spot, but he failed to impress. He is still young (19), so I might regret it, but the $14,000 transfer fee is almost 14x my highest ever received. He probably was #4 on the depth chart, and I brought in another player for much cheaper.

Last edited by dfisher : 08-14-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:59 AM   #9
dfisher
High School JV

MARCH 2016

With my promotion, I also earned a place in the Swedish Cup. Unfortunately, I didn't know that place was in the preliminary round so I only had the opportunity to play 2 friendlies prior to my first cup game ever. We drew IFK Lulea, and 2nd division squad, on the road.

IFK Lulea 1 - Stomsbergs 0

Yuck. The rust was still on us, as we conceded a goal in the 28th minute. We really didn't have many chances, and the players were out of match fitness and exhausted by the hour mark. A one and done performance.

After the cup match, we played a few more friendlies to get in shape for the season proper.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #10
dfisher
High School JV

APRIL 2016

Two more friendlies against lower level teams start the month with some wins. My defense was decimated by injuries. Out of my desired game day squad (4 starters and 2 or 3 bench players), we lost 5 of them. A couple made it back for the season but were severly lacking in match fitness. Finally time came to start things off against last year's runner-up, at their place.

Vastra Folunda 3 - Stromsbergs 0

Wow, it could be a long season. Mikael Johansson dominates us in the air, scoring 2 goals from corners in a 4 minute span in the first half. We then give up another goal at 86'. Just a dominating performance in pretty much all aspects.

Stromsberg 2 - Qviding 1

Once again, things aren't looking good as we concede in the 13th minute. Then, it was only fitting that Dan Danneman scored my first goal in the First Division. I tried again to phase him out in the friendlies and get some other players in there, but he got the start in this game. I was perfectly happy to get the draw as we were in minute 94 (out of 4 extra), when Hallur Hansson stole the ball at midfield and unleashed a 30 yard deflected strike into the back of the net. The sellout crowd went crazy, and the ref immediately blew the whistle to end the game and give Strosberg the win. One of my favorite moments in the dynasty.

We sold out Heden with 500 people for the first time since the relegation playoffs in 2011 and set a record for gate receipts.

Falkenberg 1 - Stromsberg 2

Our first road win at this level. David Bostrom scored in the 28th minute, and Jonathon Kristofferson added one in the 32nd. We then held on for the win. This match was the first of three in an 8 day span, the first time I had to deal with multiple games in a week at Stromsberg.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #11
dfisher
High School JV

MAY 2016

Stromsberg 1 - Jonkopings Sodra 1

A devasting draw. Bostrom scored in the 68th minute, and it looked like we were going to escape with our third win in a row. Robin Stenlund then conceded a penalty in the 94th minute (even though the assistant said only 3 were to be added). If I get relegated, this might be the one I point to.

LB07 3 - Stromsberg 1

Once again, the talent gap is evident. Our team was also tired with the previous heartbreaker only 3 days earlier. The preview said to watch for their AMR Phillip Strand, and it was on point. He made run after run down the right side and had a goal and an assist in the first 30 minutes. We were outplayed, with the only bright spot being Daniel Hautumngimana's first goal in a Stromsberg uniform in the 84th minute.

Stromsberg 1 - Torslanda 1

If the Jonkopings draw was a heartbreaker, this one was pure frustration. We out shot them 16-2, with 6 clear cut chances. Unfortunately, after Bostrom scored in the 3rd minute, we weren't able to beat the keeper again.

Stromsberg 3 - Motala AIF 3

Another frustrating draw. I decided to give my backup keeper a start, and it might have come back to bite me. We score 2 goals in first half extra time, first on a header by DC Daniel Johansson off of a free kick, and then by David Bostrom 2 minutes later. We concede early in the second half, but Kristoffersson scores in the 64th minute to give us back the 2 goal lead. Unfortunately, it would not be enough, as Motala equalized in the 89th minute. There have been some last minute heroics in Stromsberg matches this year.

FC Trollhattan 2 - Stromsberg 0

May mercifully comes to end as the Daniel Cavov, the big red-headed striker, gets a brace to send us home empty handed.

We end the month with only 3 points out of 5 matches. To make matters worse, the Trollhattan match the first of another 3 matches in 8 days stretch.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #12
dfisher
High School JV

JUNE 2016

After lingering in mid-table, we begin June in 10th place, just clear of the relegation zone.

Stomsberg 2 - Vasby 1

Home sweet home. David Bostrom gets a brace (one in each half), and we don't give it all back for a change and hold on for the win. One more game before some rest.

Husqvana 0 - Stromsberg 2

Bostrom is on fire. He scores another brace, this time 5 minutes apart, and the defense has enough left in the tank for the clean sheet. We are starting to get momentum, and Bostrom is starting to get noticed by some bigger clubs.

Stromsberg 1 - Hacken 1

Johnathon Kristofferson puts us in front in the 72nd minute off of a Bostrom assist, but Hacken answers in the 82nd. We looked a little flat.

Skovde AIK 0 - Stromsberg 1

It looked like a bore draw, until Dan Danneman came off the bench. He got the ball with his back to the goal at the edge of the area, turned and kept the defender at his back, and placed the winner in the left hand corner in the 92nd minute.

Stromsberg 2 - Linsdal 1

Bostrom gets another brace, including a fantastic run/shot from the edge of the area that would win goal of the month. This completes an undefeated month, which I would of thought impossible so soon in the First Division.

I earn First Division Manager of the Month, and, as mentioned above, Bostrom gets Goal of the Month.

Last edited by dfisher : 12-06-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:57 AM   #13
dfisher
High School JV

JULY 2016

The half way point of the season gives a month long break. We start the 2nd half off against a team that dominated us the first time around.

Stromsberg 2 - Vastra Frolunda 3

Mikael Johansson was again too much for us to handle in the air. He scored a goal off of a free kick early to give a quck answer to a Bostrom goal. We fell behind late in the first half, but Dan Danneman tied it up going into the locker room. Unfortunately, we conceded late in the game again to lose. We at least looked like we belonged on the same field with them this time.

Stromsberg 2 - Falkenberg 1

Bostrom and Danneman score again to give us the season sweep and end a quick month match-wise on the right note.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #14
dfisher
High School JV

August 2016 (Part 1)

Two more games to get up to the present day in the dynasty. These two matches occur as games 2 and 3 of a 3 in 8 days stretch.

Jonkopkings Sodra 0 - Stromsberg 0

Yawn. Not much to speak of, but I'll take a draw on the road.

Qviding 1 - Stromsberg 3

One of my favorite matches ever. A deflected Bostrom shot falls to Andreas Winding, who strikes it on the half volley into the net in extra time of the first half for his first goal of the year. Danneman then makes a great run from inside his own half to slot a goal into the corner. Jesper Almgren, making his first appearance of the year, then makes a great run down the right side and hits a wide open Johann Aoalsteinsson, and the captain buries it for his first of the year. Although we concede late, it doesn't matter, and I am delighted with the win.

Current Standings

The lads are playing way over their heads right now. With 9 matches to go, we are in 6th place, only 4 points out of the playoff spot. Although that is unlikely with the goal differential the way things are, we are 15 points clear of the relegation zone. I couldn't ask for much more.

Last edited by dfisher : 08-14-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:04 PM   #15
dfisher
High School JV

CURRENT ROSTER

Now that I am up to current day in the dynasty, I thought I would go thru the current roster. Beneath every position, I will list the players in the order I see them on the depth chart. I play a 4-1-3-2 formation with a my wingers pushed up into attacking midfielder positions.

Goalkeeper

Martin Jansson - I've cycled thru quite a few keepers over the years; probably more than any other position. At 20 years old, Jansson probably doesn't have the potential to stay here long term, but no one has taken the job from him.

Ivar Jonsson - The 18 year old Icelander has been quite a headache since I picked him up prior to the 2016 season. Twice during preseason training, he missed practice due to being out late at the clubs the prior night. My Ass Man thinks he is better than Jansson now, and his $14k value seems to back that up, but he didn't play too well in friendlies and conceded three goals in his only start. Maybe next year Ivar.

Right Defender

Jussi Jokela - Injured for the first half of the season or so, he has slowly rounded into game shape. Jokela has struggled a little bit so far and has been disappointing. I'm going to start going to more of a rotation with:

Robin Stenlund - My first choice backup at both fullback positions, I feel comfortable with him in the starting lineup if necessary. Only 19 and valued at $7k, he has a good future ahead of him at Stromsberg.

Urban Lundgren - My first choice AMR, Lundgren can drop back to DR if needed. I do that sometimes when I am behind to get some more offensive minded players on the pitch.

Salomon King - Primarily a central defender, King can play outside on the right if absolutely necessary, but he really doesn't have the necessary pace. Has only played there once this year.

Central Defender

Daniel Johansson - Hurt in the preseason, he missed the first few games. With the exception of one game, he has been a rock in the middle for me and looks like a good pickup this offseason.

Julius Brynjolfsson - One problem I had in prior versions of FM is buying players for the future and never giving them a chance to prove themselves. I purchased this 19 year old Icelander and stashed him on the youth team. My scouts and Ass. Man said he should have started last year, and this year, with the incumbent David Nilsson struggling, I gave him a shot. He has started every game since.

Salomon King - Solid vet backup. Good in the air, but, as noted above, is slow. Will retire at the end of the year.

Janne Aloui - Got him for coverage in the 2nd Division. Really isn't good enough to play in the First Divison. His contract is up at the end of the year.

David Nilsson - A starter since 2010, I sold him in the midseason transfer window after Brynjolfsson took his starting job.

Glenn Sonnelind - A massive 21 year old who has been a first choice defender the last 2 years, he tore knee ligaments in the preseason and is out for the year.

Left Defender

Johan Henningsson - Has done a great job since recovering from a preseason injury. Another quality offseason pickup.

Robin Stenlund - See DR.

Sigurour Snorrason - Only 18 years old, has been brought on as a reserve when fatigue, injuries, and suspensions required it. He has spent most of the year with the U19 squad.

Defensive Midfielder

Daniel Bornemann - Last year's fans player of the year hasn't played up to those standards all year, but he has looked much better over the last 10 games or so. Still, he was in danger of losing his job to:

Joakim Karlsson - 20 years old and valued at $8k, Karlsson is seeing his first regular first team action this year after spending a couple years with the U19s. Probably outplayed Bornemann earlier, bu he got hurt and is currently still out.

Central Midfielder

Hallur Hansson - Has more than 30 caps for the Faroe Islands and has drawn rave reviews from the fans. Only 1 goal so far, but it was a memorable one that gave us our first win in the First Division in the 95th minute.

Johann Aoalsteinsson - My captain lost his starting job to our highest paid player and will probably leave when his contract runs out at the end of the year. He led the team to never before reached heights as captain, but he isn't quite good enough for this level.

Daniel Ivarsson - An 18 year old from Iceland valued at $3k, he will probably take over as the primary backup next year.

Right Attacking Midfielder

Urban Lundgren - Has struggled with consistency thus far on the year. His ability to drop back to DR has been valuable the last few years.

Vladen Djulic - A newcomer to the squad, he has earned a couple starts. Every time I think he might be ready to take over for Lundgren, he stinks up the joint. He's only 19, valued at $9k and is extremely fast.

Jesper Almgren - A spot appearance in the first team due to fatigue showed he has some talent, as he had a fantastic assist off the bench. If Djulic can take over the starting spot next year, his presence might make Lundgren expendable.

David Bostrom - Technically my best AMR, but I need him elsewhere. I will drop him back to the wing on some days that I want to make a change but no backup on the match day squad.

Left Attacking Midfielder

Andreas Winding - He has had a disappointing year. I think he is just too slow (pace of 3) to fit into my system. This position is #1 on my list to upgrade in the offseason.

Daniel Lopez - I feel like he has been on the fringe of regular first team football for ages, but he is still only 20. Valued at $9k, he is getting about 1/3 of the starts hasn't done much to claim more.

David Bostrom - Once again, technically my best AML. He has played here on occasion due to no backup on the match day squad.

Striker

David Bostrom - My favorite FM player since Mamady Sidibe led my Swansea team to multiple promotions in CM 01/02. Watching him grow from a 3 position backup off the bench, to a regular starter, to a star over the last few years has been a blast. He is valued at $26k and has has multiple First Division Elite managers scouting our matches. Last match, for the first time, a Premier League manager watched. I am worried I won't be able to hold onto him much longer. He has been capped twice for the Sweden Under 19s, scoring once, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets an Under 21 callup soon. Bostrom leads the team with 12 goals so far.

Jonathon Kristoffersson - Another talented 20 year old, this one valued at $18k, he has not had the on field success that Bostrom has. He has showed flashes, but not the consistency. He just seems to lack the intelligence that Bostrom has, barely getting called for offsides or striking from distance instead of taking it too the goal. Starts about 60% of the time. Has scored 3 goals on the year.

Dan Danneman - Talk about getting the most out of your talent. Danneman is only valued at $1k, but he is the Stromsberg all time leading scorer and has led the team in scoring five years in a row (Bostrom will probably take that title this year). He's 27 years old and has scored five goals this year. I just resigned him for another year.

Daniel Hautumngimana - Signed primarily to be a backup, he has played decent, but nothing great. Only 1 goal on the year.

There's my team. There are a couple players on the youth squad with some promise, but if they play for the senior squad this year, I'm in trouble.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #16
dfisher
High School JV

AUGUST 2016 (CONT)

Stromsberg 1 - LB07 1

Urban Lundgren gets his first goal of the year to equalize in the 89th minute, and we earn a draw against the first place team. Lundgren gets man of the match.

Torsdlanda 0 - Stromsberg 2

Dan Danneman scores in the 3rd minute, and Urban Lundgren, after not scoring until the last game, adds his second. Lundgren gets man of the match again as Bostrom and Hansson get assists. Backup keeper Ivar Jonsson gets the clean sheet in his second start of the year.

Motala AIF 1 - Stromsberg 2

After a scoreless first half, we fall behind in the 51st minute off of a Daniel Bornemann mistake. On a corner, Bostrom flicks onto the far post, and Julius Brynjolfsson banks in a header to tie it for his first career goal. Danneman scores in the 77th minute off of a Joakim Karlsson (in for Bornemann) assist. The win temporarily puts us into 2nd place (we were one of only 3 games on this day).

After everyone else catches up, we end the month in 3rd place in the First Division South, only 1 point out of 2nd with 6 matches left. I come in third in manager of the month.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #17
dfisher
High School JV

SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2016

Stromsberg 2 - FC Trollhattan 2

We jumped out to a quick lead in the 8th minute when David Bostrom headed one toward goal from the edge of the area. The keeper came for the ball, but Dan Danneman beat him to it and headed it into goal. They tied it up when their left midfielder (Daniel) beat Robin Stenlund and slotted it into goal. Daniel Johansson then scored off of a corner to give us the lead back in the 50th minute, but Trollhattan scored off a post-corner scramble when a shot deflected off of Hansson into the goal.

Vasby 2 - Stromsberg 0

The less said the better. We gave up 2 goals in 10 minutes around halftime, and never really were in the game.

Stromsberg 1 - Husqvarna 1

At home against the worst team in the league, we got fouled to death. Husqvarna picked up 7 yellow cards, and we couldn't get any flow going. We conceded on another corner in the 42 minute, and that seemed to be the difference. Luckily, Dan Danneman scored off of a corner in the 90th minute to tie.

Hacken 3 - Stromsberg 1

On the road against the eventual champs with poor form is not the ideal situation. Danneman got us off to a great start after Bostrom headed a beautiful ball right in front of him for an easy goal. It was all downhill from there as we got shredded for 3 goals; it could have been worse as our keeper saved a penalty.

Stromsberg 1 - Skovde AIK 1

Another quick goal for us, this time from Jonathon Kristoffersson in the 6th minute off of a fantastic one-two with Urban Lundgren. Just a great goal for us. Unfortunately, Skovde tied it up with a great team effort in minute 49, and we remained 0 for September.

Lindsal 0 - Stromsberg 2

The season finale in early October was without Hallur Hansson, who was away with Faroe Islands. Daniel Ivarsson, a young MC, got the start as a tryout for the backup role next year. It was a boring first half that saw Kristoffersson stoned twice in one-on-one situations. Lundgren scored on a direct free kick in minute 61, and Bostrom set a team record for assists with his 9th when he headed one to Kristoffersson at midfield. Kristoffersson beat the last defender and took it all the way in for the goal and end the winless streak. A road win to end the year in 7th place, top half of the table in our first year in the First Division.

Final League Table

Stromsberg League Positions
Old 11-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #18
dfisher
High School JV

Thanks to Radii with his great Ipswich dynasty to get me back into FM 2010. There were a couple reasons why I quit the first time. I just had a new baby, leaving little time for game playing. Also, I had a poor run of form with Stromsberg, and, realizing that I wasn't going to get these lads much further, I resigned. I immediately regretted the decision, but the damage was done. I latched on with a Malaysian team, but I couldn't really tell my players apart and wasn't feeling it. I then took a long break from the dynasty.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #19
dfisher
High School JV

Last month I started getting the itch again. I fired up FM 2010 and resigned from my Malaysian squad after 3 weeks. I went on holiday and applied to all jobs and took the first one that was offered to me and was the new manager of:

PERSITARA JAKARTA UTARA, a squad in the Indonesian Premier League, which is the 2nd level of Indonesian football. The squad had a little more history than Stromsberg did when I took over, as they had been in the Super League as recently as 2011-2012, and even won the Indonesian Cup once.

The Indonesian Permier League is divided into three divisions. Persitara were placed into division B, which had 12 teams. The teams play a double round robin, and the top two teams in each division, plus the next 2 best teams, advance to the Second Phase. The Second Phase is two groups of 4 teams which play a single round robin. The top two in each group get promoted. The winners of each group play a single game for the Division Title. There is also a third place game between the two second place teams.

Next up, the 2017-2018 season.

Last edited by dfisher : 12-06-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #20
dfisher
High School JV

2017-2018 SEASON

Media Prediction - 3rd
Board Expectations - Mid-table finish
Board Expectations (Indonesian Cup) - 3rd Round

I had a look at the squad, and right away, I needed players. Any players. I didn't have enough to fill an 18 man match day squad. I had a friendly 3 days after I took the job, and, with 6 strikers and only 2 defenders on the squad, it was a definite makeshift squad. I had midfielders playing central defense. Needless to say, defenders were my top priority on the transfer market.

Transfers

I was allowed to send scouts throughout Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and most of Europe, Africa, and South America. Unfortunately, Indonesian Premier Division squads are limited to registering 3 foreign players. That means that I can't shuffle new foreign players onto the match day squad once the registration window closes (matches with the transfer window). Of course, I have four foreign players on my team, so I loan out my young striker from Cameroon, Jean-Marc Onguene. I forgot to put in that I can recall him, so I got screwed. The team I loaned him to also was at their limit for foreign players, so he didn't get registered and missed a year of development. Live and learn.

As for players I brought in, pretty much everyone saw significant action. Wawan Sustrino was the first one I brought in, a youngster who could play leftback and central defender. He wasn't highly rated, but he could play the position. He's actually trained up to a useful player already. Yudistrina Yanuar was supposed to be a filler player in the central midfield, but he kept producing. Hasan Mahdi was my starting left back. Maulana was my big purchase for central defender and played well. Ismed Kurnia has been playing for the Indonsian Under 21s and is getting interest from big clubs. I brought in Eko Nasir on loan since I only had one GK on the squad. He only got in one game. Saputra came in at the midpoint transfer window and gave me some depth on the defense. Dani was a striker who came in on loan and got some decent playing time.

1st Phase Fixtures

A great start to the season had us in top of the table from the start. We went on a seven game unbeaten and unscored on run to start the year. Unfortunately, we had trouble scoring as well. I ditched my old tactics that I used with Stromsberg, and went to a traditional 4-4-2. As you can see from my goalscorers, my 3 main players were Luis Felicia, an experienced Argentinian striker, Clauido Berrios, my captain, a Chilean right winger, and Riki Novrainsyah, an Indonesian left winger. After losing 2/3 (and getting shutout) around the halfway point of the season, I bumped my wingers up into their more natural attacking midfielder role.

My main weakness is defense was in the air. I was so desperate to find anyone decent to play for me, I didn't look enough at jumping ratings and ended up with 2 DC with jumping in the single digits (in one case, low single digits). Mahendra Tri Saptura came over in the midseason transfer window to serve as a backup, and, after one to many crosses were headed into the net, I slotted him into the starting lineup due to his 14 jumping. This really solidified the backline.

Unfortunately, Felicia was the only striker scoring even semi-regularly, and a five match run with only one win ended in the penultimate match with a 4-2 thrashing to drop us to 3rd place in the table for the first time. We needed help to qualify for the 2nd phase. We played on Sunday for the last match of the year; the 2nd place team (Persiwa) played on Saturday. Luckily, they only managed a draw, which meant we went into the last match needing a win to advance. Claudio Barrios headed in a cross midway through the 2nd half, and we held on to advance to the 2nd phase.

1st Phase Table

As for the League Cup, we exceeded expectations by making the 4th round, where we fell to a Super League team 4-3 on aggregate. We actually missed 2 clear cut chances in the 2nd leg at home that would have made things extremely interesting.

League Cup Fixtures

The 2nd phase did not start out well at all. We were fortunate to get 2 home games out of our 3 matches. We lost on the road first at Deltras 3-2, but held on to win our next match 1-0. We went into our last match in third place, but a win would clinch promotion due to goals scored. With help we would make the finals. I told the squad to do it for their supporters, and they listened. A Felicia hat trick (our first of the year) led to a 6-0 romp, and we got the help we needed. Persitara was on to the Premier Division Final and had won promotion to the Super League. Unfortunately, we didn't really show up for the final and fell 3-0, but for the first time in my Football Manager career, I had won promotion to the top league in a country.

2nd Phase Fixtures

2nd Phase Table

Persitara Best XI

Last edited by dfisher : 11-15-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #21
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Interesting that you latched on to a Malaysian team. Good luck!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:47 AM   #22
dfisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
Interesting that you latched on to a Malaysian team. Good luck!

It was my first time ever managing in Asia. The names were all too similar to tell my team apart, so I didn't real get into it. I've been able to do it with Indonesia and am starting to view this team as my own.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #23
dfisher
High School JV

2018-2019 Season

With my promotion to the Super League, I am now allowed to register 5 foreign players. I have a transfer budget of $35,000, and a wage budget of $1.2 million/year. My current wage bill is only $600,000 so I have a lot of room to play with. There are 18 teams in the Super League. The champion advances to the AFC Champions League, with the runner-up getting a spot in the AFC Cup. The bottom 4 clubs get relegated to the Premier League.

Media Prediction - 14th
Board Expectations - Avoid Relegation (matches up with my goal for this year)
Indonesian Cup Expectations - 3rd round

Players Out

Achmad Yaini (DC/DMC/MC) - was hurt for most of last season. 34 years old and versatility gave me some depth, but he won't play at this level. I actually resigned him near the end of the season when I was worried about not getting promoted, but I sold him for nothing.

Leonardo Felicia (ST) - this was the tough one. He was my leading scorer last year, but he's 34 as well so I let his contract expire. If he was Indonesian, I would have tried to get him for one more year, but letting the Argentinian go frees up a foreign player roster spot.

M. Fadil Sausu (AMC/FC) - actually got some decent playing time at the end of the year as a striker, but age and depth at the striker position made him expendable, and his contract expired.

Franciskus Mumpo (ST) - loaned him out all year last season. I let his contract expire.

Players In

Jimmy Eboule Bille (DC) - my scouts found him in Cameroon just after the midseason transfer window closed, and I paid a $425 transfer fee. He looks like a stud defender for my level and is only 21. I took a risk on him; if I didn't get promoted, I would be in trouble with the foreign player limit. I also have a Cameroonian striker on the squad, so the two hang out.

Varella (ST) - my scouts found this Brazilian on a scouting mission there. As soon as I clinched promotion, I immediately put an offer in for him. A signed him on a free. He is rated 5 stars and will immediately slot into the starting lineup.

Budi Yulianto (DRC) / Edy Saptura (D/M R) / Marthen Sani (ST) - all three are youth players signed after Trial Day. They will spend the year on the Under 18 squad. For some reason, none of the teams in Indonesia get a youth uptake. It could be a bug.

Heri Hadi (AML) - another relatively young player (20) signed away from a club due to his expiring contract. I spent the entire last season without any backups at AMR or AML, so this one is much needed depth. Looks decent as well.

Muhammad Rahmad (GK) - my scouts like him better than the incumbent so he'll get the chance to start

Firman Hadi (AM L/C) - another 20 year old signed just before his contract expired; he is also an accomplished MC; so he will be a regular on the match day squad due to his versatility

Amin Rinaldo (DR) - 21 years old signed just before his contract expired. He will probably start to see the majority of the playing time at DR.

Gusti Suprato (GK) - 17 years old signed on a free; I sent him out on loan to start the year to a first division squad (3rd tier)

One odd thing that happened in the preseason. One other player that I tried to sign after Trial Day, was a five star goalkeeper that my scouts thought were twice as good as my current keeper. I put an offer in right away. He rejected it, which wasn't too surprising. What was surprising was, when I tried to click on him to see what team got him, I couldn't! His profile was inaccessible, which means he retired from football even though he was a stud at the age of 15.

That wraps up the preseason for the current season. Next up, preseason depth chart.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #24
dfisher
High School JV

2018-2019 Preseason Depth Chart

GOALKEEPER

Muhammad Rahmad - lets see what he can do; I'll probably be rotating him in with last year's keeper

Toure Fofana (FGN) - from Guinea; had a good year last year, but struggled toward the end and had the media/fans on his case a bit; only 23 so still has a lot of growing to do

Gusti Suprapto - will start the year on loan

LEFT DEFENDER

Muhammad Reza Hasan Mahdi - will start every game unless fitness is an issue. On the short side (5'5'') but does well both attacking and defending. Might end up captain next year.

Wawan Sutrisno - performed much better than expected in a backup role last year at the age of 16. Gained a lot of confidence and is now valued at $110,000. Will also see time at DC.

CENTRAL DEFENDER

Jimmy Eboule Bille (FGN) - the big Cameroonian youngster immediately slots in as my top defender. I expect him to dominate in the air for me. Can also play DM, but I don't use that position right now except for when I go all defense. I can't see me taking my best defender and putting him into his 2nd best position to try to protect a lead.

Mahendra Tri Saputra - brought in for defensive depth, but took over a starting job when my lack of height started to become a big liability. The 2nd spot will probably be a bit of a rotation with Eboule Bille in the back.

Syaepuloh Maulana - bought for $14k last year, perfomed ok, but nothing outstanding. Will definitely be on the match day squad and will see some time in the starting lineup.

Herman Gafur - my Ass. Man keeps telling me he is our best defender, but he lacks jumping ability, and keeps getting beat on thru balls. Not a good combo for a central defender. I'll give him some more time, but he could see himself on the transfer list soon.

Wawan Sutrisno - Will be passing Gafur soon on the depth chart, especially since Hasan Mahdi is entrenched at left back. I need to get him in some games to continue his development.

Budi Yulianto - will spend the season on the youth team. If he gets in much for the senior squad, I'm in trouble.

RIGHT DEFENDER

Amin Rinaldo - at 21, should be entrenched here for a long time. This season, he'll be in a bit of a rotation, but should play ~2/3 of the games.

Arif Suyono - my vice-captain, at 34, his time is about up. He had a good solid season for me last year. Can also play midfield, which he may end up doing this year.

Budi Yulianto - See above

Edy Saputra - another Under 18 player. I'm not sure how I would really order him and Yulianto, but I hopefully won't need to figure it out this year.

LEFT ATTACKING MIDFIELDER

Rizki Novriansyah - starting to develop into my best player. Very dangerous dribbling down the left side and sending in crosses. Wanted to move on to a bigger club, but a new contract has shut him up for now.

Heri Hadi - already valued at $210,000; I might want to send him out on loan since he's only 20. He won't make the match day squad that often since he backs up my best player. The next guy has a little more versatility.

Firman Hadi - can play CM as well. Not as good as Heri, but gets more playing time due to the multi-position aspect.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER

Ismed Kurnia - getting regular call-ups for the Indonesian Under 21s. Well-rounded and valued at $300,000, he'll start every game he's available. He's my #1 corner taker.

Angga Febrinando - my 2nd MC spot is going to be a rotation between two guys. Febrinando is the more talented ratings-wise of the two, but he is injury prone and has low stamina. Hopefully, he starts to show what he is capable of.

Yudistra Yanuar - not as talented as Febrinando, but he gives decent results when I play him. Has a decent long range shot.

Arif Suyono - the veteran vice-captain spent all last season as DR, but I plan on using him as a swingman to cover both DR and MC this year.

Firman Hadi - youngster will see some playing time off the bench

RIGHT ATTACKING MIDFIELDER

Claudio Berrios (FGN) - my Chilean captain. Now 34 years old and declining, I need to get some help here ASAP. He's still talented, but lacks the stamina to go the distance, and I keep getting training notes about his attributes dropping.

That's the list for AMR. Obviously, I will spend the rest of the transfer window looking for help here.

STRIKER

Varella (FGN) - Brazilian 21 year old. Looks like he will be my best striker since I started the dynasty, but only time will tell. He'll get plenty of opportunities to prove himself.

David Laly - Ended the season with 7 goals last year after not scoring for the first 10. I hope to see a little more consistency from him. My Ass Man had him pegged as our best striker last season, but he largely disappointed.

Jean-Marc Ongeune (FGN) Youngster (20) from Cameroon had a wasted season last year. He's valued at $60,000 so the promise is there. I just need to get his confidence up after not playing for a year.

Roland Swen - Has dual Liberian/Indonesian citzenship, so he doesn't count to my foreign player limit. If he did he would be gone. Played about a dozen games last year, mostly off the bench, and did not score.

Rizki Novriansyah If I'm hurting, I can move him up to striker and insert one of the Hadi's at AML. I pushed him up some last year when behind to play with three strikers.

Marthen Sani - 16 year old will spend the season in the Under 18s. He's already valued at $85,000. If I get a good draw in the Indonesian Cup, I might let him play a second leg.

That's pretty much the team I decided to go with. I still have time until the transfer window is closed and will be looking for some AMR coverage.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #25
dfisher
High School JV

JULY 2018

Persih @ Persitara

We start the year at home, and our season in the Super League couldn't have started much better. Rizki Novriansyah took the ball down the left wing, crossed to the far post, and captain Claudio Berrios headed it home in the first minute for the early lead. David Laly followed with a wonderful strike from just outside the area in the 31st minute to give us a shocking 2-0 lead. Unfortunately, our good fortune did not last, as they got a brace from Ravel Zackeus Ohee to tie it up by the 63rd minute. It ended that way.

PERSITARA 2 PERSIH 2

Persitara @ Persipasi

One thing about Indonesia, it seems 80% of the team names begin with Per*, making it difficult to get a rivalry together since it's hard to tell them apart. Anyway, we once again get off to a good start, as Ismed Kurnia curls one in from long range in the 7th minute. It stays that way until halftime so I go defensive, but I give up an equalizer in the 69th minute. However, a long pass up to Roland Swen, on for an injured David Laly, starts a run that ends with Swen scoring his first ever Persitara goal. Novriansyah then crosses one into the box in injury time, and the defender clears it into his own net to set the final score.

PERSITARA 3 PERSIPASI 1

Laly is out for 6-8 weeks, so Swen and Jean-Marc Ongeune are going to get some minutes up front.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #26
dfisher
High School JV

AUGUST 2018

There's a two week break before my next match, and I take the opportunity to peruse my scouts' reports. They end up finding an unattached 4 1/2 star 19 year old AMR in Uruguay. I put the offer in, and it is accepted. Daniel Chiffone joins the club giving; it's a good thing too, since Berrios gets a 2 week injury in training.

The Chiffone signing, however, puts me at 6 foreign players on the squad. I am still in the registration window, so I decide to take a chance. I pull back Guste Supaptro (GK) from his loan and list Fofana, my backup keeper from Guinea. He accepts a loan deal at another Super League squad to get me back to five foreign born players. I am putting all my faith in Rahmad to do the job in net (and not get hurt).

Perseden @ Persitara

It's a drab match until Novriansyah takes one at the edge of the area, makes a quick move to his left and blasts it into the back of the net in the 41st minute. An own goal in the 62 minute made it 2-0, but once again, we let the other team back in it by giving up a goal in the 69th minute. This time, they only get one, and we hold on for the win.

PERSITARA 2 PERSEDEN 1

Kurnia is injured in training and is out for a few weeks, weakening our midfield.

Persitara @ Persikabo

Another great start for the squad. Varella gets his first goal in a Persitara uniform with a point blank header in the 10th minute, and then Swen gets his second of the year in the 15th. We don't like to play with the lead, however, as we give back 3 goals to trail. Maulana and Saptura both struggled opposite Eboule Bille. The big Cameroonian defender levelled things with a header off a free kick in the 72nd minute to set the final score.

PERSITARA 3 PERSIKABO 3

PSM @ Persitara

It was Cameroonian day at Persitara. Febrinando finally showed some of his skills as he worked the ball from the left hand corner of the box down to the byline and sent in cross to the far post. Berrios (getting the start) then headed it back across the goal to an unmarked Jean-Marc Onguene, who headed it home for his first career goal. We couldn't hold that lead either, thanks to a mistake from Herman Gafur, getting his first start of the year, but Eboule Bille buried one of a corner in the 78th minute, and we held on from there.

PERSITARA 2 PSM 1

Eboule Bille now has two goals from setpieces. My defenders last year had one.

We end August in first place with 11 points from 5 games. Four teams have 10 points, and two more have 9.

Last edited by dfisher : 11-16-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #27
dfisher
High School JV

Novriansyah and Eboule Bille finish 2nd and 3rd in Super League player of the month voting; I finish 2nd in Manager of the month. Onguene's goal against PSM is goal of the month.

9/1/2018

Persitara @ PSIS

PSIS hasn't lost, but has only 1 win and 4 draws.

Starting lineup:

GK - Rahmad
D - Hasan Mahdi, Saptura, Eboule Bille, Rinaldo
CM - Yanuar, Febrinando
AM - Novriansyah, Chiffone
ST - Varella, Onguene

Onguene got us off to a flier in the 2nd minute off a nice pass from Febrinando. But we quickly fell behind by the 30th minute thanks to a slow reaction by Saptura, and a bad clearance by Varella off a corner. Onguene tied it up 2 minutes later off a cross from Novriansyah.

At halftime, I put in Sutrisno for an ineffective Hasan Mahdi and Berrios for a banged up Chiffone. 5 minutes into the second half, Rinaldo found Varella with a wonderful long ball. He took it down the field and found Novriansyah with a perfect cross to regain the lead. The defense let us down again as they tied it up in the 72nd minute off a nice give and go. But we weren't about to stop attacking, and Varella headed home a Novriansyah cross in the 82nd minute for another lead. We went all defensive, including bringing Suyono in for Yanuar at midfield, and hit them with a counter in injury time to give Onguene his hat trick.

PERSITARA 5 PSIS 3
Old 11-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #28
dfisher
High School JV

Varella strains his groin in training and is out 3-4 weeks. Luckily, Laly is back in full training, and Kurnia comes back for the midfield as well. Kurnia gets brought off the bench in an Indonesian Under-21s match.

Persidafon @ Persitara

Persidafon currently is in last place. We are in first and are 1:3 to win.

GK - Rahmad
D - Hasan Mahdi, Maulana, Eboule Bille, Rinaldo
CM - Kurnia, Febrinando
AM - Novriansyah, Berrios
ST - Laly, Onguene

We dominate possession but are unable to score in the first half. In the 47th minute, Maulana tackles a ball away at midfield and hits a streaking Onguene. He jukes a guy to get the ball on his right foot and buries it in the net for a 1-0 lead. In the 53rd minute, Persidafon lose a player to injury, and they don't bring anyone else on. I check, and they've already used their subs! So we play with a man advantage and use it. Hasan Mahdi takes a throw deep in their end and plays it to an unmarked Febrinando. He crosses to the far post, and Berrios buries it for his 25th career league goal. Off the ensuing kickoff, Berrios tackles the ball away at midfield and takes it to the byline, where a cross to Novrianshyah is headed home.

I bring in Heri Hadi for Novrianshyah with the lead to get the youngster some playing time. Kurnia misses a header on their corner in the 71st minute to give them one back. Swen is brought on for Laly and Suyono for Rinaldo, and I switch to control. I was going to bring Kurnia off, and I should have as he gets banged up shortly thereafter. He is ok to keep playing. In the 87th minute Febrinando is not, so it is back to 10 on 10. I get nervous in extra time as we concede again, but it is ruled offside, and they don't threaten again.

PERSITARA 3 PERSIDAFON 1
Berrios is man of the match with a 9.0; Novriansyah gets an 8.2. Those two along with Maulana and Rinaldo are named to the Super League team of the week.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #29
dfisher
High School JV

Febrinando is ok after the last match; Kurnia is not as he is out 1-2 weeks and will miss the next match.

Persitara @ Pelita Jaya 9/22/2018

Pelita is 4th in the Super League. Looking at their players, they are much more talented than we are. The match is pretty exciting, as both teams are tackling hard, but neither is able to find the net and it ends in a bore draw.

PERSITARA 0 PELITA JAYA 0

Persitara @ Semen Padang 9/29/2018

Semen Padang is in 14th as we go on the road again. We are a little banged up, but are slight favorites. We take a quick lead in the 9th minute when Yanuar fires one in from 30 yards out. Injuries quickly mount up, however, as Varella, Maulana, and Rinaldo all end up leaving injured. We concede just before halftime, and then Eboule Bille loses a header off a corner. Our first loss of the year.

SEMEN PADANG 2 PERSITARA 1

Varella is out ~6 days, and Maulana is out 2-3 weeks.

I finish 2nd again in the Manager of the Month; Berrios takes 3rd in player of the month.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #30
dfisher
High School JV

Persija @ Persitara - 10/7/2018

Persija is my main rival, and the preview shows it as a derby, so we are in the same town. We are slight favorites.

GK - Rahmad
CM - Kurnia, Febrinando
AM - Novriansyah, Berrios
ST - Swen, Onguene

Maulana is completely unavaible in defense. Varella is only at 81% fitness, so he starts on the bench, and Laly hasn't returned to full training yet. We are definitely shorthanded in attack.

1st Minute - Kurnia puts one inches wide off a blocked Onguene shot.
6th Minute - Rinaldo gets elbowed and their ML gets a yellow.
10th Minute - A nice Persija move ends with a rocket from 30 yards right at Rahmad.
11th Minute - Eboule Bille heads one over from a corner.
20th Minute - A Persija corner leads to a shot off the woodwork that looked like a certain goal.
23rd Minute - Novriansyah needs medical attention. He is well enough to take a free kick which hits off the upright and bounces to Febrinando. He fires one on goal, but their keeper makes a great save to keep it scoreless.
28th Minute - Hasan Mahdi with a terrible pass leads to a Perija goal. 0-1
HALFTIME - I bring in Heri Hadi for Novriansyah.
62nd Minute - Chiffone on for Berrios.
74th Minute - Varella on for Swen.
88th Minute - After we did nothing all half, Chiffone takes it from the right sideline all the way to the middle of the field at the edge of the area and hits a cutting Hadi who buries it in the net for his first goal in a Persitara uniform to tie it up. 1-1 Persija thought it was offside, so much so that their LM who was playing with a yellow got a 2nd yellow for dissent. We'll play the last few minutes a man up.
Unfortunately, we can't do anything with it and end up tied.

PERSITARA 1 PERSIJA 1

Eboule Bille is man of the match with a 7.3; Hadi earns a 7.2 off the bench.

Novriansyah is out for ~3 weeks with a calf strain. That might hurt.

Rahmad is on the Super League team of the week.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:16 PM   #31
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Looks like you guys are keeping pace well. Keep up the good results and hopefully, your next 15-year old stud GK will sign for peanuts!
Old 11-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #32
dfisher
High School JV

INDONESIAN CUP DRAW

We draw Premier League squad Persib in the first round of the Cup. All rounds of the Indonesian Cup are 2-legged. We will start at home on 10/17; the next two weeks we play 2x/week.

Febrinando strains a calf and is out 3 weeks. Maulana is back in full training. The midfield is getting a little thin. I put in offer in for an Indonesian DC/DMC/MC that is found by our scouts and rated 5*. It is accepted; there are a few other offers for him, so we'll see if he accepts our contract.

10/17/2018

Persib @ Persitara - Indonesian Cup
We are 5:4 favorites.

GK - Rahmad
CM - Kurnia, Yanuar
AM - H. Hadi, Chiffone
ST - Varella, Onguene

5th Minute - Varella just misses wide off a Hasan Mahdi pass.
22nd Minute - Hadi is injured and has to come off. Firman Hadi comes on for him.
26th Minute - A Varella header forces the keeper to dive, but no dice.
42nd Minute - A corner kick to Varella is volleyed on goal, but cleared off the line by a defender. In the scramble the ball gets to Kurnia, who crosses to Hadi, but the header is just over.

HALFTIME
We have 8 shots to their 3; all of Persib's shots were long shots. Possession is ~even, but we are dominating the air. Yanuar has a 6.1, Rinaldo a 7.1, no one else really notable.

70th Minute - We've had 4 shots in the 2nd half, none on target. I bring Suyono into the midfield for Yanuar.
82nd Minute - Laly on for Varella
92nd Minute - Eboule Bille gets a yellow card for a handball near midfield.

PERSITARA 0 PERSIB 0

Rinaldo is man of the match with a 7.5; Hadi is out ~13 days.

Last edited by dfisher : 11-21-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #33
dfisher
High School JV

PSS @ Persitara 10/20/2018
PSS comes in at 10th in the Super League; we are still somehow in first. Injuries and fatigue lead to a slightly unconvential lineup.

GK - Rahmad
D - Hasan Mahdi, Maulana, Eboule Bille, Rinaldo
CM - Kurnia, Yanuar
AM - F. Hadi, Berrios
ST - Swen, Laly

They come out in a 4-1-4-1, the first time I've played against that lineup. Persitara are once again 5:4 favorites.

33rd Minute - A long buildup finds Yanuar finding Laly at the edge of the area, but he puts in over.
HALFTIME - The teams combine for 11 shots in the first half. Only 1 PSS shot is on target.
51st Minute - Another long buildup has Laly finding Yanuar this time, but the shot is deflected right to the keeper. I bring on Chiffone and Varella for an ineffective Berrios (5.8) and Laly (5.6). I don't even remember Berrios touching the ball.
54th Minute - Hasan Mahdi gets beat on a header, but luckily it hits the upright.
62nd Minute - Hadi beats a man and gets to the byline, but his cross his headed over by Varella from ~10 yards.
67th Minute - Saputra on for Maulana (5.6)
85th Minute - Kurnia picks up a knock and has to leave. I go defensive, and neither team threatens the rest of the way.

PERSITARA 0 PSS 0

Kurnia has a dislocated jaw and is out 4 weeks.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:55 PM   #34
dfisher
High School JV

The Super League transfer window opens back up; the newest member of the squad is DC/DMC/MC Yanuar Nugroho. My coaches rate him as 4 1/2 - 5* at both DC and MC, and his ratings fit in with both. He will start at midfield until Kurnia gets back, then probably move back to defense. He's someone I can put at DMC late in games to get a more defensive look out there.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:26 PM   #35
dfisher
High School JV

Persitara @ Persib Indonesian Cup 10/24/11

Novriansyah has returned to training and is on the bench for a short run if necessary; I'd like to keep him out if I can.

GK - Rahmad
CM - Suyono, Nugroho
AM -F Hadi, Berrios
ST - Varella, Onguene

8th Minute - The ball gets headed by about 6 different players, ending with Berrios heading it to Nugroho about 25 yards out. He strikes it on the volley and buries it in the back of the net to score in his debut! 1-0
23rd Minute - A nice buildup from Persib ends with a curling shot from the edge of the area into the net. Rahmad had no chance. 1-1
26th Minute - Rahmad saves a clear cut chance. We need to change the momentum. A draw lets us advance via away goals.
HALFTIME - Maulana comes on for Saptura.
50th Minute - A deep throw-in gets to Varella who heads toward goal, but it is cleared out. The clearance is weak and goes right to Hadi, who puts it in the back of the net for his first Persitara goal! 2-1
67th Minute - Yanuar on for Suyono. I change to counter.
75th Minute - Rahmad fists one to safety to the midfield circle. Persib then has their midfielder dribble unopposed and unleash one from 30 yards into the net. 2-2
80 Minute - Novriansyah on for Hadi. I drop Nugroho back to DM.
81st Minute - Onguene is beat on a header off a corner and we trail. 2-3

That's it; we're out in the first round.

PERSIB 3 PERSITARA 2
Old 11-23-2011, 07:51 PM   #36
dfisher
High School JV

Persitara @ Persebaya 10/28/2018

Not the team I want to be playing coming off a run of bad form. Persebaya is in 2nd in the league and are even favories.

GK - Rahmad
CM - Yanuar, Nugroho
AM -Novriansyah, Chiffone
ST - Varella, Onguene

Persebaya come out in a formation I've never seen before: a sweeper, 2 DC, 2 WB, 3 MC, and 2 ST.

2nd Minute - A Novriansyah free kick is headed over by Eboule Bille.
10th Minute - Rinaldo sends a nice cross in, but it is headed over by Onguene.
12th Minute - Chiffone uses his speed to get to the byline, his cross is met by a diving Novriansyah, but the keeper is able to scoop it up.
15th Minute - Rinaldo sends in another cross. It's headed on by a defender, right to Novriansyah who heads it into the net!! 1-0
21st Minute - Onguene receives a corner at the edge of the area, his shot is saved and kicked around until it finds its way back to him. He strikes it on a half volley, and the keeper is able to parry it again. This leads to a Persebaya counter that ends with a long shot saved by a diving Rahmad and then cleared to touch.
28th Minute - A Persebaya direct free kick hits woodwork.
30th Minute - Nugroho curves it just over from 40 yards.
37th Minute - Novriansyah sends in another free kick, and Varella heads it right into the net!! 2-0 I switch back to standard from attacking with the 2 goal lead.

HALFTIME - Welcome back Rizki Novriansyah. His 8.0 leads the team. Persebaya uses all three subs at the half.

48th Minute - Varella draws a double team after receiving a pass from Nugroho, and he finds a run of Onguene who gets behind the defense and slots it home from the penalty spot! 3-0
56th Minute - Yanuar has to leave with an injury. I bring Suyono on for him, along with Firman Hadi for Novriansyah since he's just gotten back.
59th Minute - Hadi's cross is headed over by Chiffone.
63rd Minute - Eboule Bille gets juked on defense and a short cross is headed home on the goalmouth over Suyono. 3-1 I go to defensive mindset.
68th Minute - Varella gets a knock. I bring on Laly for him. Nugroho is dropped back to defensive midfielder.
75th Minute - Crap. Eboule Bille gets a knock but can keep playing.
75th Minute - Right after, Suyono passes to Laly 25 yards out. Laly takes one dribble and decides to shoot. It goes in!!! 4-1
83rd Minute - Chiffone is hurt and has to leave. This game is really taking a toll on us.
90th Minute - Suyono finishes a nice build by finding Onguene on a thru ball. His shot is tipped over.
92nd Minute - What the hell. Suyono has to leave injured. I'm down to 9 players.
That will do it.

PERSITARA 4 PERSEBAYA 1
Novriansyah gets MOM with an 8.4; 8.0 for Onguene, who ended a streak of 493 straight scoreless minutes; 7.8 Varella; 7.4 Rinaldo

Chiffone is out 6 days with a bruised shin. Varella out 6 days with bruised ribs. Yanuar out 6 days with a bruised shin. It could have been much worse.

Novriansyah and Onguene make the Super League Team of the Week.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #37
dfisher
High School JV

Febrinando resumes full training. Kurnia is still a few weeks away; the others will be touch and go for our next match.

Persibom @ Persitara 11/18/2018

Persibom currently sit in 10th place in the Super League. We are 5:4 favorites.

GK - Rahmad
CM - F. Hadi, Nugroho
AM -Novriansyah, Berrios
ST - Laly, Onguene

Firman Hadi gets his first start of the year at MC due to injuries. Febrinando will see time in the 2nd half.

4th Minute - Nugroho whips in a free kick from near the corner. Eboule Bille wins the header but it is high.
14th Minute - Hadi does some nice dribbling at the left side of the box, and his cross is headed home by Berrios! 1-0
18th Minute - Nugroho rifles one off the crossbar from 25 yards.
32nd Minute - Novriansyah's free kick is on target to Eboule Bille, but his header caroms off the crossbar. It goes out to Hadi, who heads it toward Onguene, but his header is saved.
35th Minute - Nugroho plays a lovely 40 yard ball to Novriansyah, who takes one touch and crosses across the goalmouth to Berrios. His shot hits side net.
36th Minute - Novriansyah takes a corner and plays it to Laly at the edge of the area. Laly draws a defender from Hadi, and Laly finds him for an open shot a few yards behind the penalty spot. Firman gets his first ever senior goal! 2-0

HALFTIME - A dominating performance so far. We outshoot them 10-2. We have 58% of possession and are winning 78% of headers compared to their 40%. Hadi's 8.3 rating leads the way so far. We change to counter mentality.

54th Minute - Eboule Bille has a free kick from our own end. Three passes later, Laly fires a bullet into the back of the net off an Onguene assist. 3-0
65th Minute - Heri Hadi on for Novriansyah. Febrinando for Firman Hadi.
69th Minute - Berrios gets tackled, leading to a Persibom breakaway. Hasan Madi gets beat on a header off a cross, but it hits the crossbar.
73rd Minute - Sutrisno on for Hasan Madi.
85th Minute - Sutrisno picks up a knock, but he can stay on.
That's it.

PERSITARA 3 PERSIBOM 1
Firman Hadi wins Man of the Match with a 8.7; Laly gets a 7.9; Rinaldo and Berrios with 7.7.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #38
dfisher
High School JV

Persitara @ PSPS - 11/17/2018

Two weeks between matches due to the Indonesian Cup allow us to get a clean bill of health. Kurnia still isn't quite at full strength, so he'll start on the bench. PSPS is in 6th place and are 6:4 favorites.

GK - Rahmad
CM - Febrinando, Nugroho
ST - Varella, Onguene

6th Minute - PSPS gets a free kick. Eboule Bille wins the header to start a counter. Novriansyah plays a beautiful ball ahead of Varella who gets behind the defense, but his shot is hurried and sent wide.
17th Minute - PSPS heads a corner over.
19th Minute - Novriansyah's cross is cleared out all the way to the midfield circle. Eboule Bille beats the man to the ball and he volleys it up to the penalty area, where Onguene (who looked offside) heads it into the net! 1-0
28th Minute - A goal kick allows the PSPS striker to get behind Saptura, but Rahmad is there to smother the ball before it could be controlled.
33rd Minute - Nugroho gets beat on a header off a corner for a goal. 1-1
58th Minute - Laly on for Varella (5.5); Kurnia on for Febrinando due to fatigue.
59th Minute - Well, that's what I wanted to happen. The changes hadn't taken effect yet, when Novriansyah's pass was blocked right back to him. He then found Varella on another attempt. Varella juked past a defender into the penalty area and fired in a shot. The keeper could only parry it, and the rebound went right to Onguene who buried it! 2-1
65th Minute - Their keeper picks up a knock and is playing injured.
68th Minute - Hasan Mahdi gets beat on a header off a cross, but a diving Rahmad makes a great save.
71st Minute - Onguene's pass from just past the circle finds the run of Chiffone, who bangs it in off the upright for his first ever Persitara goal!!! 3-1
72nd Minute - Firman Hadi on for Saptura (5.9). I drop Nugroho back to DC for the first time.
That's it.

PERSITARA 3 PSPS 1
Onguene is Man of the Match with a 9.2; Eboule Bille with a 7.9, and Chiffone with a 7.4.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #39
dfisher
High School JV

Two Portoguese teams scouted Varella last match. Luckily for me, they were both non-league teams, but if someone from the Portoguese leagues comes calling, it will be tough for me to hang on to him.

Herman Gafur, the central defender, is placed on the transfer list. I get a few offers for him and accept most of them.

Sriwijaya @ Persitara - 11/24/2018
Sriwijaya is in 7th place in the Super League. We are 4:6 favorites to win.

GK - Rahmad
CM - Kurnia, Nugroho
AM -Novriansyah, Berrios
ST - Varella, Onguene

6th Minute - Kurnia sends in a corner near post, but Berrios heads it just wide.
9th Minute - Hasan Mahdi picks up a knock and needs to leave for treatment.
12th Minute - We get lucky as Rinaldo gets beat on a header, but it hits the upright and is cleared by Eboule Bille.
14th Minute - Novriansyah beats 2 men to get to the byline, and his cross is on point to Varella as he breaks open, but his powerful header is way over.
19th Minute - Varella heads a corner off the upright.
20th Minute - Novriansyah plays a beautiful cross from the left byline even with the edge of the area. Onguene is able to get on it, and he heads it home! 1-0
22nd Minute - Varella dribble to the middle of the field and hits a thru ball across his body to Onguene, but his left-footed shot is saved by a diving keeper.
34th Minute - Hasan Mahdi tackles the ball away from a midfielder, and the ball goes to Varella. The keeper is slightly off his line, and Varella tries to lob it over him from 25 yards out, and it goes in!! 2-0

HALFTIME - Varella leads the way with a 7.6; Sutrisno comes on for a banged up Hasan Mahdi.

47th Minute - A 30 yard screamer beats Rahmad, but it hits the crossbar.
50th Minute - Varella splits two defenders and his pass finds the run of Berrios behind the defense, but his shot is wide.
63rd Minute - Sutrisno gets an interception and plays it up immediately to Novriansyah. His first touch is to send it up to Varella on a run, but he can't get his shot on target.
67th Minute - Nugroho loses his man on a corner, and they get one back. 2-1
69th Minute - Febrinando on for a tiring Kurnia.
78th Minute - Chiffone on for Berrios. I drop Nugroho back to DMC.
87th Minute - Nugroho picks up a knock, but he can play on.
93rd Minute - Saptura is caught napping and a thru ball goes behind his back, but what looked like a sure goal is pushed wide.
That's it!

PERSITARA 2 SRIWIJAYA 1
Novriansyah is Man of the Match with a 7.8; Varella gets a 7.4 and Onguene a 7.3; Sutrisno with only a 5.9 off the bench.

No injuries carry over from the match.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:08 PM   #40
dfisher
High School JV

We make another aquisition on the transfer market, as we scoop up talented young striker Usman Suryadi. Our coaches all rate him between 4 and 5 stars, on par with Varella. He was the only player listed on the favored personnel of his old team; needless to say, their fans weren't happy.

I transfer list Roland Swen. This move gives me much greater coverage in case of injury.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:59 PM   #41
dfisher
High School JV

Gafur and Swen both turn down contract offers so the transfers fail. Have fun on the bench guys.

Sutrisno strains his wrist in training and is out 10-12 days.

November awards roundup:
Onguene and Firman Hadi finish 2nd and 3rd in player of the month. First place went to Wanyu Anwar on Persik. Hadi also comes in 3rd for young player of the month. I take 3rd in manager of the month.

Persitara @ Persik 12/1/2018
It's first vs. second; they are 5:4 favorites to win. Both teams have only lost once so far.

GK - Rahmad
CM - Kurnia, Nugroho
ST - Varella, Onguene

Suryadi will start on the bench for this one.

11th Minute - Chiffone heads a corner toward goal, but it is cleared off the line. The ball bounces to Varella, who strikes a left-footed half volley, but it is defelected en route for another corner.
21st Minute - Novriansyah lulls the defense to sleep then sends in a deep cross to Chiffone. He gets behind the defense but heads it just wide.
23rd Minute - Anwar gets behind the defense for Persik, but his shot is poor.
27th Minute - A nice counter ends with Onguene finding Novriansyah in the area, but his shot is saved by the fingertips of the keeper.

HALFTIME - We have 69% of the possession and are outshooting them 9-3, but most of ours have been blocked. Varella's 5.9 goes off for Suryadi making his debut.

46th Minute - Right off the kickoff, Persik makes a nice move, but it ends by firing one off the upright. The counter is ended by a Persik foul on Chiffone who picks up a knock on the play.
55th Minute - Berrios on for Chiffone.
58th Minute - A direct free kick from 35 yards out is banked in off the upright for a Persik goal. 0-1
74th Minute - Kurnia dribbles with two men on him until he finds Novriansyah who is slightly past his defender. His left-footed curling shot with a man right behind him find the net!! 1-1
75th Minute - Firman Hadi on for a fatigued Kurnia.
82nd Minute - Eboule Bille tries to head clear a cross, but it goes toward an unmarked Persik player. He beats Rahmad to the ball and heads it home. 1-2

That's it. We get beat in the air too much. We have 20 corner, but don't really threaten off them.

PERSIK 2 PERSITARA 1
Old 11-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #42
dfisher
High School JV

Chiffone is out ~13 days with a gashed leg. I fall to 2nd place in the Super League with the loss. Novriansyah still makes the team of the week.

Crap, Novriansyah suffers damaged foot in training and is out 3 weeks. We struggled big time without him before, so hopefully we can pick it up this time.

Persipasi @ Persitara - 12/8/2018
Persipasi is in 6th place. We are 4:5 favorites. At the prematch press conference, I peg Firman Hadi to replace Novriansyah. Heri Hadi is enraged and Firman doesn't feel he's worthy. Awesome.

GK - Rahmad
CM - Kurnia, Nugroho
AM -F. Hadi, Berrios
ST - Suryadi, Onguene

7th Minute - Persipasi have a corner that they win the header on, but Hadi clears it off the line.
8th Minute - Saptura is caught too high, and they slip a ball behind him, but Eboule Bille cleans it up. Rahmad has to make a diving save off the ensuing throwin.
12 Minute - Eboule Bille gets beat on a cross and we trail. 0-1
15th Minute - Suryadi wins a ball from a defender and gets it to Onguene, but his header is high.
42nd Minute - Kurnia picks up a knock.
46th Minute - Berrios makes a nice run with the ball, but he ends it with a shot right at the keeper.

HALFTIME - We struggle again without Novriansyah. I bring Heri Hadi on for Kurnia and move Firman over to MC.

59th Minute - Varella on for an ineffective Suryadi.
65th Minute - Eboule Bille is injured and has to leave. I bring Febrinando on and drop Nugroho back.
72 Minute - A Persipasi shot hits the crossbar.
93rd Minute - Febrinando finds Varella behind the defense, but he rushes his shot and sails it high.
That's it. Very disappointing.

PERSIPASI 1 PERSITARA 0
Suryadi with a 5.3 as the weakest player. Hasan Mahdi was man of the match with a 7.4.
Eboule Bille is out 7-10 days with a bruised thigh.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:05 AM   #43
dfisher
High School JV

MIDSEASON REPORT

So, we are halfway home and far exceeding expectations. The league table looks like this:

2nd place didn't seem too bad at the start of the year, but two losses in a row have dropped us from the first place perch we held for most of it. I think we have a chance to contend for the title, but we need to find a way to score without Rizki Novriansyah in the lineup. Both of our drops in form have coincided with injuries for him.

STATS:

Novriansyah leads the team in average rating, assists, dribbles/game, and man of the match awards. Onguene has been a revelation at striker. I was hoping he would be a decent third striker, but he leads the team with 9 goals. We are fairly well-balanced, as 13 players have scored and 15 players have assists. Our biggest need continues to be a second DC, as, after Eboule Boule, Saputra leads with a 6.65 average rating. Eboule Bille is out for at least the next game, so I have a decision to make back there.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:42 AM   #44
dfisher
High School JV

David Laly is injured by Febrinando in practice. He's out 2-3 weeks with a gashed leg.

Persitara @ Persiba 12/15/2018

Persiba are in last place and have gone 14 games without a win. We are 4:7 favorites on the road. Hopefully, this is what we need to get us back on track.

GK - Rahmad
D - Hasan Mahdi, Saptura, Nugroho, Rinaldo
CM - Kurnia, Febrinando
AM -F. Hadi, Berrios
ST - Varella, Onguene

Nugroho gets the call at DC. Let's see how this goes.

5th Minute - Firman Hadi takes the ball from his own end, dribbles past a man at midfield and whips in a cross to the penalty spot, but Varella can't keep the header down. Nice play by Hadi.
15th Minute - They get a clear cut chance off a cross that is deflected twice, but it hits the upright and goes wide.
19th Minute - Berrios takes a throwin deep in their half, and gets it right back from Rinaldo. He beats a man and floats in a cross to Hasan Mahdi of all people (he's our shortest player). His header is parried by the keeper, but Onguene wins the rebound from a Persiba defender and flicks it back to Hasan Mahdi who slots it home for his first goal of the year!! 1-0
23rd Minute - Berrios picks up a knock and the physio comes on, but he stays in the game.
35th Minute - Rahmad boots a goalkick over everyone's head. Their keeper goes to the right of his area and picks it up, but he's just outside the area!! Yellow card for him. Kurnia sends in a short free kick, and Nugroho beats the keeper but it is high.
47th Minute - Febrinando is hurt and goes to the sideline.

HALFTIME - They only threaten once, but he only have a 1 goal lead. Our strikers aren't doing much. Yanuar comes on for Febrinando.

54th Minute - Rahmad with another booming kick over everyone's head. Their keeper comes out, but Varella beats him to the ball and slots it into the net!! 2-0
58th Minute - Heri Hadi comes on for Berrios, playing out of position.
66th Minute - Firman Hadi intercepts a throw by their keeper and takes it down to the byline. His cross is weakly headed right to the keeper by Onguene.
70th Minute - Suryadi comes on for Onguene.
76th Minute - Kurnia sends in a corner far post, and Nugroho heads it home!! 3-0
That's the game.

PERSITARA 3 PERSIBA 1
I'll take the 3-0 win, but all three goals were a little flukey. I'd like to see someone get a goal on the normal run of play.

Nugroho gets Man of the Match with an 8.4; Varella also had an 8.2 and Hasan Mahdi an 8.0. There are no long term injuries from the game.

Persik finally lose a game moving us to within one point of first, five points ahead of third (2nd qualifies for continental play). Chiffone resumes full training the day after the game. Rahamd, Hasan Mahdi, and Nugroho were named to team of the week.

Hasan Mahdi injures his wrist in training and is out 10-12 days.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #45
dfisher
High School JV

Persitara @ Persih 12/23/2018

Persih are in 16th place. We are 4:5 favorites on the road. We drew 2-2 at our place to start the year.

GK - Rahmad
D - Sutrisno, Eboule Bille, Nugroho, Rinaldo
CM - Kurnia, Febrinando
AM -F. Hadi, Chiffone
ST - Varella, Onguene

3rd Minute - A wonderful side-to-side buildup ends with Kurnia finding Onguene on a thru ball, but his clear cut chance is saved.
10th Minute - Onguene is knocked down going up for a cross, and the referee points to the spot! Hadi takes the penalty and scores! 1-0
12th Minute - Chiffone with a hard foul draws a yellow card.
26th Minute - It's Hadi's turn for a yellow on what looked like a dive from Persih.
29th Minute - Varella gets a yellow for holding onto the shirt deep in our own end. This ref isn't messing around.
30th Minute - We fall asleep on the ensuing freekick, and their DMC creeps up and receives the pass unmarked and beats Rahmad. 1-1
33rd Minute - Onguene gets a good shot off a corner, but it is headed off the line.

HALFTIME - We have 2 clear cut chances but haven't scored on either. They don't have any but have a goal.

47th Minute - Chiffone receives a throwin and chips it to Onguene, but his header is high.
49th Minute - A poor clearance bounces to Hadi. He jukes by a defender a fires in a shot, but it hits the crossbar and bounces out.
54th Minute - Heri Hadi on for Febrinando. I move Firman Hadi to the middle and Heri plays out left.
56th Minute - Varella and Chiffone pass back and forth the whole way up the pitch, leading to Chiffone from point blank range, but he is stone.
62nd Minute - Rinaldo picks up a yellow.
64th Minute - Kurnia can't keep his man in front of him at the edge of the area, and the shot hits the back of the net. 1-2
65th Minute - Suryadi on for Varella
69th Minute - Heri Hadi draws a foul that gets a yellow. Kurnia sends in the free kick from midfield, and Eboule Bille heads it over the net.
70th Minute - Berrios on for Chiffone.
83rd Minute - A lot of passing lulls their defense to sleep, and Rinaldo finds a cutting Heri Hadi with a wonderful cross, but the finish isn't there.
88th Minute - Eboule Bille gets a yellow.
That's it.

PERSIH 2 PERSITARA 1
Horrible loss. We had 4 clear cut chances to their 0.

Last edited by dfisher : 12-01-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:54 AM   #46
dfisher
High School JV

Suyono is out three months after a slipped disc in training. His contract is up at the end of the year so that might be the end of his Persitara career.

All other players resume full training.

Persitara (2nd) @ Perseden (10th) 12/29/2018
They are 5:4 favorites. We won 2-1 at home earlier in the year.

GK - Rahmad
CM - Kurnia, Nugroho
ST - Varella, Suryadi

2nd Minute - Perseden gets a throw-in deep in our end, and the ball gets bounced around until one of their midfielders buries it in the net for a quick defecit. 0-1
9th Minute - Nugroho finds Suryadi with a nice ball. He takes it past the last defender, but for some reason doesn't shoot. The ball is tackled away before he can get a shot off.
15th Minute - Chiffone picks up a yellow and will be suspended for the next match.
17th Minute - Chiffone gets fouled and the Perseden player gets a yellow.
29th Minute - Novriansyah is fouled near the endline drawing a yellow; Kurnia sends in the freekick, but Eboule Bille sends it high.
33rd Minute - Kurnia finds Chiffone with a nice pass, but his clear cut chance is saved. Eboule Bille heads the ensuing corner over the net.

HALFTIME

66th Minute - Berrios on for Chffone and Onguene on for Suryadi
72nd Minute - Novriansyah is gassed. I bring Heri Hadi on for him.
74th Minute - FINALLY! Eboule Bille wins another header on a corner, and this one finds net! 1-1
That's it. Rinaldo and Hasan Mahdi both get small injuries but can continue playing. At least it's not a loss.

PERSITARA 1 PERSEDEN 1
Eboule Bille is man of the match with an 8.2; Suryadi gets a 5.7 and is looking more and more like a bust.

Hasan Mahdi is out 2 weeks.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #47
dfisher
High School JV

I make a new signing that will come over in the next off-season. My scouts think he is better than Chiffone at AMR. He will be Berrios' replacement at that position. He's young (21) and Indonesian.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #48
dfisher
High School JV

Persikabo (13th) @ Persitara (2nd) 1/5/2019

We are 5:4 favorites. With 1 win out of our last 5, this is a big one for me.

GK - Rahmad
D - Sutrisno, Saptura, Eboule Bille, Rinaldo
CM - Kurnia, Nugroho
AM -Novriansyah, Berrios
ST - Varella, Onguene

4th Minute - Novriansyah gets a shot off from a tight angle, but it hits the post.
7th Minute - Varella receives the ball on a counter attack around midfield, dribbles by a man, and then attracts two more. This allows him to hit Berrios on a run, and the veteran slots it home. That is something that Chiffone has not been doing in the last few games. 1-0
10th Minute - Novriansyah sends in a free kick from 40 yards. Eboule Bille's header is on target, but the keeper parries it.
22nd Minute - Eboule Bille gets beat on the other end on a corner. 1-1
30th Minute - Saputra heads one over off a corner.
32nd Minute - Some nice Persikabo passing leads to a clear cut chance, but Rahmad saves.

HALFTIME 1-1

49th Minute - Novriansyah with a nice move to get a cross in from the byline, but Berrios heads it off the upright.
60th Minute - Varella receives the ball near midfield and starts his run. He gets the ball briefly tackled from him but is able to continue on past the defender. He then rounds the last defender and fires from 20 yards out. Goal!!! 2-1
64th Minute - Firman Hadi and David Laly on; Kurnia and Onguene off.
69th Minute - Sutrisno finds Hadi unmarked, but his shot is over the bar from the edge of the area.
78th Minue - Berrios sends in a nice cross, but Novriansyah just can't reach it and it rolls out of bounds.
79th Minute - Febrinando on for Novriansyah. I move Hadi out wide.
That's it. We pick up a much needed win.

PERSITARA 2 PERSIKABO 1
Varella is man of the match with a 7.7.

Varella is named to the team of the week. Novriansyah is now out for ~13 days with a freakin' virus.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #49
dfisher
High School JV

Persitara (2nd) @ PSM (17th) - 1/13/2019
We are 6:4 favorites on the road. Another big game that we should win; it will be tought without Novriansyah. We won 2-1 at our place.

GK - Rahmad
D - Sutrisno, Saptura, Eboule Bille, Rinaldo
CM - Kurnia, Nugroho
AM -Heri Hadi, Berrios
ST - Varella, Onguene

7th Minute - A scramble from a PSM corner forces Sutrisno to clear it off the line.
13th Minute - Kurnia sends a corner near post, and Varella gets it on net, but the keeper parries it. Eboule Bille wins the battle for the rebound, but his shot is parried as well and finally cleared.
39th Minute - Varella with a nice run, pauses to collect himself, and fires one on net, but it is saved. Hadi pounces on the rebound from an angle, but his shot doesn't have much on it and the keeper recovers.
44th Minute - Berrios finds Varella behind the defense, but his shot is saved by a diving keeper. Onguene gets to the rebound on the wing and passes to Nugroho, but his shot is tipped over.
48th Minute - We were only supposed to have 1 extra minute. Kurnia sends in a corner but it is headed right back out to him. His cross from in closer meets the head of Onguene, who puts it right at the keeper. Varella gets to the rebound on the right side of the net, circles around 2 defenders to left side and slots it home near post just before the half!! 1-0

HALFTIME - We are looking much more dangerous but struggled finding the net until the late goal. The keeper is good, but he lets up a lot of rebounds, so hopefully we can capitalize again.

47th Minute - Rinaldo is banged up but will continue playing.
48th Minute - Eboule Bille lets a man behind him, and it is calmly put into the net, but the ref calls it offside!
59th Minute - Firman Hadi on for Heri Hadi (6.0)
60th Minute - Onguene picks up a knock but keeps playing.
69th Minute - Suryadi on for Onguene.
81st Minute - Chiffone on for an exhausted Berrios.
91st Minute - Sutrisno gives up the ball in our end, leading to a decent chance, but Eboule Bille hurries the shot and Rahmad shows safe hands.
95th Minute - Saptura tackles the ball away from a PSM player who looked like he had a shot. He goes down, and the ref calls a foul! But it is on the PSM player for diving. He gets a yellow, and I get to breathe.
That does it. I'll take the win.

PERSITARA 1 PSM 0
Sutrisno gets man of the match with a 7.3.

Onguene is out ~6 days.

With 12 matches left, we are 4 points out of first and 5 points clear of third.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #50
dfisher
High School JV

We have 10 days off until our next fixture, but then have 2 in 5 days; our depth will be tested a little.

PSIS (8th) @ Persitara (2nd) 1/22/2019
We are 6:4 favorites at home. We won at their place 5-3 behind a hattrick from Onguene. Everyone is back in full training (except Suyono), but Onguene and Novriansyah are not yet at 100% so they will start on the bench in hopes of having them for the weekend.

GK - Rahmad
CM - Kurnia, Nugroho
AM -Firman Hadi, Berrios
ST - Varella, Laly

4th Minute - Varella heads a Rinaldo cross over the bar.
5th Minute - Varella finds Berrios clean thru, but his shot is saved.
10th Minute - Nugroho is hurt and needs treatment on the sidelines.
15th Minute - Kurnia's freekick is cleared to the left side of the area. Saptura is there and heads it toward the near post. Eboule Bille beats the keeper to the ball, but his header floats onto the top of the goal.
23rd Minute - Berrios has a pop off a nice feed from Rinaldo, but it is high.
25th Minute - Hadi has a nice run down the left, but his cross is headed just over the bar by Varella.
29th Minute - A deep throw-in goes to Varella at the byline. He crosses to the far post, and Berrios heads it on goal across his body, but it is right at the keeper.

HALFTIME - Suryadi in for Laly (5.8).

52nd Minute - Rinaldo floats one far post, but Hadi can't get it down.
53rd Minute - Suryadi with a nice pass to Kurnia who fires it from 25 yards, but it is saved by the keeper and the rebound goes into touch.
54th Minute - On the ensuing corner, Kurnia picks out Varella who strikes it toward goal. It deflects off a defender into the net!! 1-0
61st Minute - A nice stutter step allows Hadi to get a cross off. Varella gets on it at the goal mouth, but his header is once again high.
64th Minute - Suryadi's backwards header is intercepted. They get a decent shot off on the ensuing counter, but Rahmad shows safe hands.
65th Minute - Chiffone on for Berrios.
70th Minute - Nugroho gets a yellow card for diving.
71st Minute - Chiffone gets to the byline and sends over another nice cross, but Hadi, once again, heads it over.
79th Minute - Febrinando on for Kurnia. Nugroho drops back to DMC.
80th Minute - A nice move by Hadi frees him up for a cross. Febrinando gets it on goal but it is tipped over.
86th Minute - Febrinando sends in a corner. Eboule Bille wins the header and sends it across the goalmouth. It deflects off the player guarding the post and into the net!! 2-0 It is called an own goal.
That's the game.

PERSITARA 2 PSIS 0
Eboule Bille is man of the match with an 8.5; Varella with an 8.4.