Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #1051
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard77 View Post
Path that I added is as follows: "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Solecismic Software"

This is incorrect. If you check the FAQ, it's:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football 2007

You are missing the Front Office Football 2007 part. And that folder is where your universe and league folders should be, and that folder is where all those other files should be copied to.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #1052
Shard77
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
This is incorrect. If you check the FAQ, it's:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football 2007

You are missing the Front Office Football 2007 part. And that folder is where your universe and league folders should be, and that folder is where all those other files should be copied to.

Well color me stupid....that worked. Thanks for the help....
Old 01-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #1053
neromadrid
n00b

I've tried everything mentioned here (registry and file copying) and am still not getting either Resource Patcher or dbUpdater to work.

When running RP I get this:
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.ArgumentException: Empty file name is not legal. Parameter name: sourceFileName at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite) at ResourcePatcher.MainForm.buttonMakeORGBackup_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** mscorlib Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- ResourcePatcher Assembly Version: 1.9.6.0 Win32 Version: 1.9.6.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/StelmackSoft/FOF2k7%20Utility%20Suite/ResourcePatcher.exe ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- WindowsUtilities Assembly Version: 1.9.6.0 Win32 Version: 1.9.6.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/StelmackSoft/FOF2k7%20Utility%20Suite/WindowsUtilities.DLL ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- ************** JIT Debugging ************** To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this application or computer (machine.config) must have the jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section. The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled. For example: When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box.

And with dbUpdater it's still not recognizing my games. I'm on XP.

In the registry I have this set:
"C:\Documents and Settings\xxxx\Application Data\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football 2007\"

However I'm definitely missing a key for where the actual .exe is located which is in c:\Program Files\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football 2007\.

Any ideas?
neromadrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:22 PM   #1054
Shard77
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by neromadrid View Post
I've tried everything mentioned here (registry and file copying) and am still not getting either Resource Patcher or dbUpdater to work.

However I'm definitely missing a key for where the actual .exe is located which is in c:\Program Files\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football 2007\.

Any ideas?

When you copied the files over, did you copy the FOF07.exe from the program files directory to the application data directory?
Old 01-04-2010, 01:26 PM   #1055
neromadrid
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard77 View Post
When you copied the files over, did you copy the FOF07.exe from the program files directory to the application data directory?

I did....still I'm getting this error:

System.ArgumentException: Empty file name is not legal.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:24 PM   #1056
gstelmack
Pro Starter

That means you have the registry key named wrong, as it still has an empty name. ResourcePatcher has a box that shows the path; do you see anything in it, or is it empty?
Old 01-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #1057
neromadrid
n00b

Maybe you can see what I did wrong?
Old 01-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #1058
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Well, that *should* work for DBUpdater, assuming you've copied all the extra files mentioned over to that location.

ResourcePatcher needs that key set to the FOF install directory under Program Files because it's looking for the executable. You need to set it there, run Resource Patcher, then set it back for the data apps.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:53 AM   #1059
neromadrid
n00b

Yeah...I know it *should* work but it still isn't.

I'm not getting any software errors, dbUpdater is simply not displaying the games that are visible in the game.

Is there a debugger I can run and post the results of?
Old 01-05-2010, 07:58 AM   #1060
gstelmack
Pro Starter

No, there isn't. Mostly you need to double-check everything and make sure you have the registry key named right, it has the right path in it, and that path has all the correct files in it.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:04 AM   #1061
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Could the quotes around the data element be the problem?
Old 01-05-2010, 08:08 AM   #1062
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Could the quotes around the data element be the problem?

Good catch. I thought regedit was displaying those since it's a string, but checking mine it doesn't. Get rid of the quotes.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #1063
neromadrid
n00b

Great catch Willie Mays

I had assumed you needed to them to escape the spaces in the folder names.

That did it, thanks to everyone who helped out.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #1064
shbrehob
n00b

I have dowloaded the currrent patch and when i open the game i don't have any of the resources that i had with the older version. So i tried to run the resource patch out of the Stelmack utility but i keep getting this error,

1.9.6 is not of legal form???????
shbrehob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #1065
Flasch186
Coordinator

I did the regedit and created the key HOWEVER I aimed it originally at the OLD location for things. DBUPDATER of course 'worked'...

upon further review I deleted said key in regedit and remade a key pointed to the right place, /appdata...

now however DBUpdater will not even open at all...

upon executing it, it immediately says, "DBUpdater has stopped working."

thoughts, other than Im an idiot?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 01-07-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #1066
gstelmack
Pro Starter

What is the exact exception? That will say if it is the key pointing to the wrong place (wherever the key points, the universe and leagues folders should be there), and you may not have copied the extra files mentioned earlier.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #1067
Flasch186
Coordinator

Perfect greg, copying those extra files did it.

I missed that comment.

question:

as we go forward and the game doesnt update those 'extra' files where we copied them too, will we need to update/copy those to the new place at any critical points in the season to be sure DBUpdater is looking at the latest info? Like if a team moves etc?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 01-07-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:39 AM   #1068
gstelmack
Pro Starter

The ones you move are never modified by the game, they are the starting/default files, or contain unchanged data like hometown names, injury names, etc. Data that changes (like editing a city name or team nickname) is done in the universe folder, so already there. Moving a team is just updating data inside the saved game itself and so is unaffected.

So you only need to copy them again if Jim releases an update that modifies them.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #1069
Lintyfresh85
n00b

I still can't get DB Updater to work with 6.3.

I run XP.

Can someone give me a step by step (possibly graphics included) manual on how to get this thing to work?

Please remember I am computer illiterate.

Edit:

Never mind! Figured it out on my own!

Last edited by Lintyfresh85 : 01-20-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Lintyfresh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:41 PM   #1070
cyril
Mascot

using resource patcher: access to the path denied

I just updated to FOF 6.3, using win 7 x64.
I used regedit to add the string FULL PATH with the new path directing to Progame files (x86) (the path that win 7 installed FOF)
I tried to use resource patcher 1.9.6.0, I see the new path in the patcher window but when I clicked on the patch button, an error message popped out:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Access to the path: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football 2007\FrFoot2007.bak' is denied.

When I clicked the Continue button, the message turns to "backing up FOF" but it just stalled. Can anyone help?
cyril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:00 AM   #1071
cyril
Mascot

seems like I found a solution to my own problem (as listed in my previous entry), if you happen to have a win 7 x64 machine, added the required registry, saw the new path in the patcher window but unable to patch the exe file, the problem may be your SECURITY settings.

Open up windows explorer, browse to program files (x86)\solecismic software, then right click it, go to properties, go to security, go to advanced, find your user name and see if it has "full control". If not edit it so it has full control. Apply the settings and run patcher again, now it should be able to patch the file. I should have thought of this before, this security thing is really bothering me.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:27 AM   #1072
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Or if you don't want to change the security settings and open up the security hole that FOF 6.3 is helping to fix, just "Run as Administrator" ResourcePatcher. Then it can write to that folder when patching the exe.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #1073
shbrehob
n00b

I'm still having a similar problem. I did the REGIT or what ever its called and open the utility, i see the path and click on the patch window it runs throught the list of stuff and says everything is complete, when i open the game nothing has changed???
Old 01-21-2010, 07:45 PM   #1074
cyril
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by shbrehob View Post
I'm still having a similar problem. I did the REGIT or what ever its called and open the utility, i see the path and click on the patch window it runs throught the list of stuff and says everything is complete, when i open the game nothing has changed???

this may sound obvious, but did you check on the packages you want to update with first?
Old 01-21-2010, 08:38 PM   #1075
shbrehob
n00b

yeah... i just wnet and used the resource packer in anohter thread..actually easier than what it looks like
Old 02-02-2010, 11:58 PM   #1076
karrl
n00b

How do I get the extractor file into the draft analyzer? Do I have to have excel to be able to run this?
karrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:46 AM   #1077
nthinch
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril View Post
Greg,

maybe it's my win7-64 bit, can't seem to use extractor to extract draftee rosters, when I click on the button "extract" it freezes (no response, can't move window) whereas in the past I see the player names flashing across the screen. However I can use analyzer to see past draftee files.

Do you think you could take a look? Thanks.

Was there a solution to this? I'm having this same issue now. Win 7 and patch 6.3a. Extractor version 1.9.6.
nthinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #1078
nthinch
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nthinch View Post
Was there a solution to this? I'm having this same issue now. Win 7 and patch 6.3a. Extractor version 1.9.6.

Kept trying things and finally got it. Run as administrator from the actual folder.
nthinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #1079
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrl View Post
How do I get the extractor file into the draft analyzer? Do I have to have excel to be able to run this?

You click the "Load Extractor File" button and browse to it.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #1080
karrl
n00b

Quote:
You click the "Load Extractor File" button and browse to it.

What is the name of the file going to be?

I only saw one choice and whenever I chose it there was an error message.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:23 PM   #1081
gstelmack
Pro Starter

FOFRoster.csv.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:46 PM   #1082
karrl
n00b

Quote:
FOFRoster.csv.

Sorry for asking so many questions, but that file doesnt appear, is there anything I have to do on the extractor once it has finished running?
Old 02-03-2010, 07:49 PM   #1083
karrl
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrl View Post
Sorry for asking so many questions, but that file doesnt appear, is there anything I have to do on the extractor once it has finished running?

Nevermind, for some reason I could'nt see it in its original spot through the analyzer so I had to move the file to my sesktop to access it.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #1084
gtmarc
n00b

Reg files

Just FYI, but its possible to save a registry entry out into a .reg file. Then, if someone else downloaded that, double-clicking on that .reg file would just add the exported info into their registry.

I'd do it, but I keep FOF in a non-standard directory path. So, everyone who downloaded my reg file would have to still edit the entry. But, if someone who has FOF 2k7 in the standard install location were to do this, it would make for an easier download and fix for others.

Just thought I'd mention it.
gtmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:08 PM   #1085
neromadrid
n00b

Hey Greg,

I'm not sure what happened on my machine but somehow DOT NET became corrupted.

I completely washed my system of all .Net installs and reinstalled. Nonetheless I get a crash with DBUpdater (as well as 3 other apps in the utility pack)

Any chance you might have some insight into how I can repair based on this error?

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : dbupdater.exe P2 : 1.9.6.0 P3 : 4a997685
P4 : mscorlib P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 4a7cd8f7 P7 : 343f P8 : d8
P9 : system.io.filenotfoundexception
Old 02-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #1086
gstelmack
Pro Starter

That sounds like the registry key hack / workaround for the new 6.3a FOF release. See earlier in the thread.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #1087
neromadrid
n00b

Yeah...I had posted and gotten that response

Tried that already, rather, I still have that key in my registry. Any other ideas?
Old 02-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #1088
gstelmack
Pro Starter

system.io.filenotfoundexception
It can't find something it's looking for. Did you move all of the data files mentioned earlier for DBUpdater? Are you sure the key is correct?
Old 02-09-2010, 07:02 PM   #1089
neromadrid
n00b

I had it working before and the key is still there, sans quotes.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:06 PM   #1090
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Then I'm not sure. There's not enough info up there for me to figure out WHICH file it's trying to open. If you ever get an opportunity to post a call stack (some crashes like that do generate them), that would help, otherwise I'm at a loss for helping troubleshoot. The only hint you've got right now is it is looking for something and can't find it, and that means one of the game data files for DBUpdater.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #1091
neromadrid
n00b

Both Andy and I have tested and are having the same issues.

We played with various registry keys and we're both having the same error. One clue might be that it only seems to be breaking when we have the key set correctly.

If we use any other directory dbUpdater loads up, it just doesn't find a league.

How can I get you more info?
Old 02-09-2010, 10:43 PM   #1092
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

When I had the key set to: C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew\Application Data\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football 2007

DBUpdater would not load (gave the FileNotFoundException error).

When I had the key set to: "C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew\Application Data\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football 2007" (note the quotes)

DBUpdater would load file, but no leagues were found.

Seems to be a small issue somewhere...
Old 02-09-2010, 10:57 PM   #1093
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Alright I think I actually got it...looking back at previous posts, I realized I didn't have the specified files copied over (nicks.fdt, cities.fdt, etc...) - once I did that, and then removed the quotes from reg entry, it all worked. Yay!
Old 02-27-2010, 11:23 AM   #1094
Ragin Cajun
n00b

I tried to download this today to use the DBUpdater. My zip opens after the download and I see two files in the zip:
setup.exe
Setup.msi

I click on the .exe to install and I get this error:
Unable to locate application file 'Setup.msi'.

See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD838B.tmp\install.log' for more information.

Any suggestions?
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #1095
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Try clicking just the MSI, you probably don't need the exe.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:04 AM   #1096
fireems14
n00b

DBU

I ran my first DBU the other day, tomorrow we have another sim. when I run the DBU again do i create another DB or add the second sim info to the existing DB
fireems14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:17 AM   #1097
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireems14 View Post
I ran my first DBU the other day, tomorrow we have another sim. when I run the DBU again do i create another DB or add the second sim info to the existing DB

As the name implies, it keeps the database up-to-date, so will keep working on the same database.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #1098
fireems14
n00b

I am not able to get the extractor to work. I have read the previous posts and have moved the aforementioned files but still no luck. DBU, interrogator, extender, resource patcher seem to be working fine. any suggestions?
fireems14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #1099
cuervo72
Head Coach

I realize we're probably way past the point where anything is going to be edited, but I found this:

9106 23952 27 Millan Paul 1 75 211 0 0 0 2006 10 26 5 5 13 2745 27 2028

That's part of a line taken straight from Player Historical.csv. The problem? He's a Jr. I'm guessing Jr isn't stored in the last name field but is actually somewhere else.

edit: and as I suspected, if you change his name to say, PJ, he shows up as "PJ Millan Jr." on the player page.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 03-08-2010 at 01:31 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #1100
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I realize we're probably way past the point where anything is going to be edited

That's probably accurate

But it probably also explains one of the many "fields that are mostly zero but some have a 1 in them" bits that we have all through the database right now.