Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #1601
WilleB
H.S. Freshman Team

�� what he said.
WilleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #1602
flounder
High School Varsity

You can get rid of the error by manually changing the long snappers to centers in the extracted file. I think you have to do that if you want to use any of the functions like sorting by bar or chemistry prediction.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:30 PM   #1603
Karim
College Starter

nm

Last edited by Karim : 01-05-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:06 PM   #1604
Normie32r
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston217 View Post
Mauricio, you'll need to follow the instructions in this post:

Front Office Football Central - View Single Post - StelmackSoft FOF2k7 Utility Suite

Which really should be included as part of the suite, or in a README, if it's not already.

Are you in any MP leagues yet? If not, join us!

Greg, I have a question here and I'm sorry if it's been discussed before. I am looking at the "League Passing" screen on Gameplan Analyzer. The table is called "Pass vs Double Coverage and Defensive Playcall."

Now there are separate 'sack' stats kept for Avoid & Pass Normal, and Avoid & Pass Aggressive, Into & Pass Normal, Into & Pass Aggressive.

How do you get this? Is throwing into or away from double coverage decided whether or not the QB gets the throw off? There are also stats for scrambles. This doesn't really make sense to me. If the QB scrambles, he neither threw into, nor avoided double coverage.

Can anyone help??? I'm trying to get Extractor & Draft Analyzer working for FOF7 and Windows 8. I'm not having any luck. I remember having to use these instructions to get them to work with FOF2k7 and Windows XP.

Not sure what I am doing wrong this time.
Normie32r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:23 PM   #1605
kuykenda
n00b

Has anyone successfully gotten Gameplan analyzer to work with FOF7? Its not finding my FOF7 leagues.. just my old leagues in FOF2007. Seems like there would be a way to point to the correct folder and file that it would need.. just as it appears to be doing with the old version. I just don't know how to do that. Any ideas?

New England Patriots - APFL
Hartford Diesel - USFL
So Cal Chargers - PFL

Side Businesses
Baby Bassinets
Concerts, Sports tickets
kuykenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #1606
garion333
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder View Post
You can get rid of the error by manually changing the long snappers to centers in the extracted file. I think you have to do that if you want to use any of the functions like sorting by bar or chemistry prediction.

I would LOVE if we could get an update to DA that kills this error. I would like to think it wouldn't be too much of a code change, but I don't really know.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #1607
sjshaw
lolzcat

I would gladly pay for an updated Utility Suite.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:52 PM   #1608
garion333
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuykenda View Post
Has anyone successfully gotten Gameplan analyzer to work with FOF7? Its not finding my FOF7 leagues.. just my old leagues in FOF2007. Seems like there would be a way to point to the correct folder and file that it would need.. just as it appears to be doing with the old version. I just don't know how to do that. Any ideas?

Change the exe location to point to the new game.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:45 PM   #1609
Firefly
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder View Post

How do I do that? What I mean is if I edit the csv in any way -or just "save as" without editing- Draft Analyzer refuses to load it
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:00 PM   #1610
WilleB
H.S. Freshman Team

Put the csv in notepad and change the LS to C in both "". Save when you're done.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:00 PM   #1611
Firefly
High School Varsity

Thanks, Wille! I don't why Word or Libre Office couldn't save the file properly. The bigger problem is not the error or the not sorting by bars, but the utility won't save the draft file if you apply a round to a player. Glad I could get it done.

Last edited by Firefly : 03-13-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #1612
WilleB
H.S. Freshman Team

Libre Office just gave me headaches. I detest Word, but it Works.... The Libre way I'm afraid.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:19 PM   #1613
Firefly
High School Varsity

Really? I've thrown more tantrums because of Word than I care to remember. If only my job didn't pretty much force me to use it... That being said, most of the damage to my liver was done by Word 2007
Old 03-13-2014, 10:29 PM   #1614
aston217
College Prospect

Firefly, it's because you're editing a plain text file (.csv) in programs that are very likely to mess with the formatting a little, in ways that DraftAnalyzer probably doesn't expect.

I'd open it in a simple plain text editor such as Notepad, Notepad++, Notepad2, etc....do the editing, which is just a Find/Replace, and save.

aston217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:03 AM   #1615
Firefly
High School Varsity

Thanks, Aston! I assumed as much from what Wille said. I should've known, too, as I had a similar problem with my gmail sig pasting it from Word.

I will say that at first glance it's not a simple find/replace, as you also need to add C to the position group (which is blank) and there are many other blank fields in the doc. So I did a regular Find and then manually replaced and added the C. However, after thinking about it, I realized you could Find/Replace the entire "LS", "" thing in one go.

I guess it wasn't my sharpest day.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #1616
gstelmack
Pro Starter

DraftAnalyzer is a bit picky about the CSV format it receives, but shouldn't be THAT picky as long as it's a real CSV, and not binary spreadsheet.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:31 AM   #1617
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I may well look into updating Draft Analyzer to use the FOF exported data, it looks like pretty much everything is already there. Now that I could no longer resist WOOF's siren call once I realized Raleigh was the only team without an owner. Poor, poor Raleigh.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:39 AM   #1618
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshaw View Post
I would gladly pay for an updated Utility Suite.

Please note that this is not possible per the FOF license agreement. The work I do do I do (heh) to learn C# / keep those skills sharp (and SQL/database bits when I did DBUpdater) and to improve my enjoyment of the game. And now that Microsoft is sane with their pricing for Visual Studio, I don't really even need extra money for the development tools required to do it.

So while the thought is appreciated, it's not really the driving factor in whether I work on the tools or not - my enjoyment of FOF, my personal need for tools to help with that enjoyment, and interesting programming topics I want to learn are the primary motivating factors.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:25 AM   #1619
garion333
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I may well look into updating Draft Analyzer to use the FOF exported data, it looks like pretty much everything is already there. Now that I could no longer resist WOOF's siren call once I realized Raleigh was the only team without an owner. Poor, poor Raleigh.

And he's back in!

I don't think it would take too much effort to polish up DA to how Jim has FOF7 working now. Then again, I haven't programmed anything in years, so ...
Old 03-15-2014, 10:44 AM   #1620
w24olfpack
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post

I didnt pounce on the local team in hopes that lightning would strike
Glad to have you back in the game Greg.
w24olfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:40 PM   #1621
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by garion333 View Post
Change the exe location to point to the new game.

Thanks for the reply. But where can you change the exe location on Gameplan Analyzer? Its a standalone exe and I dont see a way to customize it. Hopefully this isnt a stupid question.
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:00 PM   #1622
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Search this thread for FOFPath.txt - you need to tell the utility suite where to find FOF and its data.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #1623
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Got it - thanks!!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:17 AM   #1624
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Well, after lots of moving files around in order to get GA working, it finally core dumped out. Im guessing just too much changed in the files it reads from 2007 to Seven.

For those of yall who have gotten GA to work with the new version, are you sure it is looking at the new data? Did you have to manually copy lots of things over?

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:19 AM   #1625
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 View Post
Well, after lots of moving files around in order to get GA working, it finally core dumped out. Im guessing just too much changed in the files it reads from 2007 to Seven.

For those of yall who have gotten GA to work with the new version, are you sure it is looking at the new data? Did you have to manually copy lots of things over?

Thanks.
GamePlanAnalyzer7 - Front Office Football Central
Old 04-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #1626
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

sonofabitch.

Thanks Ben! And Greg of course!!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #1627
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Well, yeah. Didn't realize you were trying to run this with FOF7.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:33 PM   #1628
w24olfpack
Mascot

Greg.

I can't paste the dump from the conscriptor (draft analyzer dump) into the window like we used to. Have heard from a couple other owners that they have the same issue.

Any ideas ?
Win 7 pro (64bit) machine.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:30 PM   #1629
gstelmack
Pro Starter

There are separate threads for the FOF7 versions of these utilities. Pasting worked for me on the FOF7 version when I last tested.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #1630
Firefly
High School Varsity

Wolf, you have to take the dump, paste it in notepad, and add spaces after each player's name. Then you can copy/paste in Analyzer.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:11 PM   #1631
w24olfpack
Mascot

Fire.
I can't paste at all.
Its not the format. I get its off but odd that I can't paste at all.
Beez was having same issue.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:43 PM   #1632
ftwco
n00b

Playing FOF7 and using Extractor, can I extract all teams roster files at the same time? I thought that I could do that at one point but can remember?!
I am having to do each team seperate so I can then consolidate into a spreadsheet
ftwco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:29 AM   #1633
gstelmack
Pro Starter

It should be open the roster window, but don't double click a player.

If the player window is open, it will step through each player.

If no individual player is open, but the roster window is, it will go through each team one at a time, open the first player, and go through the team.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:54 PM   #1634
ftwco
n00b

That's what I thought I did on earlier version. Now when I do that It says that I must open a window, shows an error and goes back to the extract window
ftwco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:28 PM   #1635
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Well, to be honest, there is almost no reason to do this on FOF7. Use the Export Data functions built into the game.