Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-31-2011, 01:52 PM   #151
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Certainly. I've got, like, 50 or 60 of 'em.

Genesis *was* my primary game system for close to ten years growing up.

Do you want the Genesis game bundle on Steam? Just got it for an achievement.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:00 PM   #152
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Right click on game name in library. There's an option there to do something with local files. Can't remember the exact verbiage, but it usually fixes the problem just fine.

thanks to both you and Mckerney this did the trick.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:41 PM   #153
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Planeswalker actually installed fine for me. I did a game and in part due to quirky mechanics I lost it. I did a redo since I was so close to winning. I got smoked. I kept trying and failing and tried to select the default white deck only to accidentally get the green deck and do redraws to where I screwed myself. Finally got the white deck and tossed insult onto injury by playing an Instant that gave me 2 life for every creature and won 39-0. It's kind of fun to see some of the newer cards and their abilities.

Last edited by Matthean : 12-31-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:48 PM   #154
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Planeswalker actually installed fine for me. I did a game and in part due to quirky mechanics I lost it. I did a redo since I was so close to winning. I got smoked. I kept trying and failing and tried to select the default white deck only to accidentally get the green deck and do redraws to where I screwed myself. Finally got the white deck and tossed insult onto injury by playing an Instant that gave me 2 life for every creature and won 39-0. It's kind of fun to see some of the newer cards and their abilities.

Speaking of quirky mechanics, I found that some of the challenges where you are given a situation and have to win in a certain number of turns not only require you to win, but to win in the exact manner they were thinking of. There was at least one that I played where I won and failed the challenge and then saw it needed to be done a different way to complete the challenge.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:54 PM   #155
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Speaking of quirky mechanics, I found that some of the challenges where you are given a situation and have to win in a certain number of turns not only require you to win, but to win in the exact manner they were thinking of. There was at least one that I played where I won and failed the challenge and then saw it needed to be done a different way to complete the challenge.

The card I wanted to play was a blue where you two target players swapped creatures. Apparently having only two players made it too difficult for the AI to know which ones to pick. I'm guessing I needed to do more on my part to make sure the AI knew what to do. I just hope one of the two target players can be me.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:14 PM   #156
PilotMan
Head Coach

Up to 24 achievements now.

I picked up the Majicka Collection this morning, and then promptly got Majicka for one of my rewards. lol

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:41 PM   #157
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Anyone want to do the Warhammer Dawn of War 2 achievement? Have to play online for 30 minutes then finish the match. Message DarkJoker on Steam if you are up for it.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:19 PM   #158
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Yep. Most annoying mechanic in Plansewalkers is figuring out the timing of stuff. I got my butt repeatedly kicked by the green deck so I switched to black. I had a guy out that was */* based on number of creatures in the graveyard and he has regenerate. Mistimed the regenerate so he died. Thankfully I got the Massacre creature to go off and I still won.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:53 AM   #159
Qrusher14242
High School JV

The Binding of Isaac is just an awesome game...just sunk 7 hours into it today. Havent beat it yet But its a fun game, every time you start a new game, it randomly generates the dungeons, enemies, bosses etc. Got it for $1.50
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:08 AM   #160
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Do you want the Genesis game bundle on Steam? Just got it for an achievement.

I'd be glad to give it a home if you don't want it. Don't know that I have anything to trade you, though.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:32 AM   #161
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
I'd be glad to give it a home if you don't want it. Don't know that I have anything to trade you, though.

Sent. I already have it and am not looking for anything to trade.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:37 AM   #162
mckerney
Coordinator

For anyone still thinking about crafting your coal or still doing achievements, Steam has run out of third party games and coupons so you will only be able to get Valve games and coupons. Not bad prizes necessarily, but if you already have them then coal might be best kept for contest entries at this point.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:44 AM   #163
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Sent. I already have it and am not looking for anything to trade.

Thanks!

As an aside, just saw the thing about Valve coupons/Valve games/coal. Makes me wonder why I'm trying to get the Magicka achievement since the game struggles to run well on my system. Heh.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:47 AM   #164
mckerney
Coordinator

The Magicka one only took me about 20 minutes using this method from the Steam Treasure Hunt Wiki.

Possibly the quickest and easiest: Go into challenge mode and select Glade as your map. Approach enemies and do the following: Wet (Shift + QQQQQ), Freeze (Shift + RRRRR), Kill (Shift + RQRQRQRQRQ)

Just keep killing enemies that way until you die, then restart and do it again until you get to 100.

Last edited by mckerney : 01-01-2012 at 03:48 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #165
mckerney
Coordinator

A bunch of great games back on sale for the last day, including Deux Ex: HR, Terraria, Orcs Must Die!, Dungeon Defenders, Bastion, Serious Sam, Magicka, Portal 2, Skyrim and Saints Row 3.

Last edited by mckerney : 01-01-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #166
Qrusher14242
High School JV

I'll prolly pick up Orcs Must Die, but debating about Shotgun 2 and Dungeon Defenders. So many games so little money lol
Old 01-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #167
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Just picked up the Total War pack ($12.49) so that I don't have to deal with the hassle of installing Medieval and Rome from CD on new computers in the future (or on this new one I'm on now...I dunno where all my medieval discs and my rome: barbarian discs are anyways).

Already had Empire, but this way I get Napoleon too.

Seemed like it made sense.

If I had an extra copy of Empire now I'd gift it out to someone, but apparently Sega is uncool like that.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #168
Qrusher14242
High School JV

I got Rome installed and it plays good, but every time i exit it, steam still thinks its running lol. So it says i played it 5 hours yesterday. Then when i go to exit steam, it says to stop Rome from running...but its not. So i might have to redownload it again
Old 01-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #169
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242 View Post
I got Rome installed and it plays good, but every time i exit it, steam still thinks its running lol. So it says i played it 5 hours yesterday. Then when i go to exit steam, it says to stop Rome from running...but its not. So i might have to redownload it again

Before Kingdoms I played a ton of Rome with the Total Realism mod...looking forward to giving that another go-round.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #170
Blackadar
Retired

The final damage count:

Tropico 4 - $5 via Amazon
Terraria - $2.50
Orcs Must Die - $4
Dungeons of Dreadmor - $1.25
Just Cause 2 - $5
Avadon - $2.50
Limbo - $2.50
Fate of the Word - $5
Cities in Motion & DLC - $10
Warhammer 40k Retribution - $10
Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles - $12
Defense Grid - $5
Rise of the Samuri DLC - $2.50
Hearts of Iron 3 Complete - $11 via Amazon
Gratuitous Space Battles - Free

Total: 15 games, $78.25 (about $5 per game)

I've already polished off Limbo in 3 hours. I think Just Cause 2 will be a bust. I've already got 20 hours out of EU3. I wanted a couple of other games on sale (or better sales) - Dead Rising 2 and Guild Wars Trilogy, but that's a lot of gaming for little money.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #171
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I've been having fun with Avadon, bargain and a half. Type of game I love to play.

Orcs Die I bought during Thanksgiving, I played the shit out of that. Great game.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #172
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

My damage list:

Pop Top package (34 games): $50
Mumbo Jumbo package (20 games): $30
Railworks 2012 + Horseshoe curve: $4
Solar 2: $2.50
Sequence: $1.25
Cities in Motion Complete: $10

Total (58 games): $97.75 or $1.69/game

Already played through a couple of these games. I'll take most of next year to get through them, if not longer. Great bang for the buck.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #173
Qrusher14242
High School JV

Here's Mine:

Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum: $5
Defense Grid: The Awakening + DLC: $3
Torchlight: $3.74
Frozen Synapse: $3
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy: $3
Anomaly: Warzone Earth $2.50
Beat Hazard: $2.50
Bastion: $5.00
Terraria: $2.49
Serious Sam HD 1 & 2: $2.99
Space Pirates and Zombies: $2.49
The Binding of Isaac: $1.24
Total War Mega Pack: $12.49
Trine: $3.74
Flight Control HD: $1.24

Total (18 Games) $54.42

So far, the cheapest game(The Binding of Isaac) has been my favorite, but most of the games i got i like(Except for maybe Space Pirates and Flight Control)

I might still pick up Orcs today
Old 01-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #174
MikeVic
Head Coach

So someone should create an FOFC Terraria server!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #175
Critch
lolzcat

I was pretty controlled this year, not sure if it's because the sale wasnt great or just that I'd already snagged most of the stuff I wanted on the regular sales.

Railworks 3 Deluxe - $3.99
HoI 3 Complete - $7.49
SpaceChem - $2.49
Orcs Must Die! - $3.74

By far the top buy for me was SpaceChem for $2.49. Great puzzler, has had me hooked for hours on end.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #176
SackAttack
Head Coach

Dungeons of Dredmor - $1.87
Audiosurf - $2.49
Fate of the World - $2.49
Space Pirates and Zombies - $2.49
SpaceChem - $2.49

$11.83, I think that makes the final damage. FotW was an 'achievement' buy and I probably won't replay it much, but I really enjoy the others.

Also acquired Puzzle Chronicles after getting (and trading) Alien Breed 3 via achievement.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #177
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Thanks!

As an aside, just saw the thing about Valve coupons/Valve games/coal. Makes me wonder why I'm trying to get the Magicka achievement since the game struggles to run well on my system. Heh.

To get the Magicka achievement, go to the party, stand by the musicians. Hit 5 Water, BLAST, hit 5 cold, BLAST, hit 5 ice (water + cold) BLAST. Go to the north section in the middle of the 5 guys there. Do the same.
THen quit the game. Then hit the start button again. You will start in the party room with everyone alive again. Rinse repeat.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #178
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2.49
Dungeons of Dredmore: Realm of the Digglegods: $0.74
Batman: Arkham Asylum - $4.99
Dawn of War II Gold - $10.19
Terraria - $2.49
Sequence - $1.24
Dungeon Defenders - $3.74

So $25.88 for 7 games. I also received a game as a gift, which I traded to a friend for HOARD, so that gets counted too, I suppose. So per game, it cost me about $3.25. Not too shabby
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #179
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
To get the Magicka achievement, go to the party, stand by the musicians. Hit 5 Water, BLAST, hit 5 cold, BLAST, hit 5 ice (water + cold) BLAST. Go to the north section in the middle of the 5 guys there. Do the same.
THen quit the game. Then hit the start button again. You will start in the party room with everyone alive again. Rinse repeat.

Yeah, I figured that out, but didn't care enough to complete it for what would likely be a 3rd Valve coupon.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #180
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

anyone try A Bunch of Heroes? The game is aweomse and would be great with a bunch of people. Kinda like the arcade game Robotron or Berserk with 4 people multiplayer. The achievement is ridiculous.

Tried the Revenge of the Titans game. Achievement also hard
Old 01-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #181
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As for the achievements:

19th - 3 remaining (don't have 2 of the games; gave up on the Bunch of Heroes one)
20th - 3 remaining (don't have those games)
21st - 4 remaining (don't have 3 of the games; going to make an attempt at the Swords and Soldiers one)
22nd - 5 remaining (don't have 3 of them; going to make one last attempt at Toki Tori and haven;t tried Rise of the Immortals)
23rd - 2 remaining (don't have them)
24th - 6 remaining (don't have 4 of them; may try the Crimecraft one and make one more attempt at Jamestown, probably doing something stupid)
25th - 3 remaining (don't have 2 of them; Atom Zombie Smasher got on my nerves)
26th - 5 remaaining (don;t have 4 of them; may make an attempt at Rusty Hearts)
27th - 3 remaining (don't have them)
28th - 5 remaining (don't have 1 of them; must be doing something wrong on SPAZ; will try Revenge of the Titans; will try Dungeon Defenders; will try Sanctum)
29th - 4 remaining (don't have 2 of them; will try the Binding of Isaac; will try Xotic)
30th - 4 remaining (don't have 2 of them; hate Super Meat Boy and gave up; Flight Control is giving me trouble just getting 5 helecopters to appear)
31st - 4 remaining (don't have 3 of them; BEAT.TRIP BEAT gives me a headache)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #182
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
anyone try A Bunch of Heroes? The game is aweomse and would be great with a bunch of people. Kinda like the arcade game Robotron or Berserk with 4 people multiplayer. The achievement is ridiculous.

I had to do that one twice because the first time I did it the achievement was still broken.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:08 AM   #183
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
So someone should create an FOFC Terraria server!

Testing out to see how well it works for me to run one.

IP 69.4.107.172
Port 7777
Password FOFCTrout

Yay! It looks like there might be a sky island right near the spawn.

Last edited by mckerney : 01-02-2012 at 02:31 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:46 AM   #184
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

ack! I soooo hate revenge of the titans. sucks so much. The achievment at least. FOund a youtube movie which has a cheat for it but if I need a cheat to be4at the damn thing what's the point. Some of these are just stupid.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:54 AM   #185
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

IP 69.4.107.172
Port 7777
Password FOFCTrout

i'm in as Fry
I lost my sword somehow tho. I ran into the mine.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:38 AM   #186
mckerney
Coordinator

I should be able to leave the server up and running for now. Max players is currently at the default of 8, if we need more I think I can change it though I'd have to restart the server.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:58 AM   #187
Qrusher14242
High School JV

i've got 2 hours in terraria but i barely have a house built lol On the 2nd night...need to play more. Its just nights take sooo long. At least at the start.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:56 AM   #188
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

What I did is get as much wood and goo as you can. Then Make the wood floor and side walls to box yourself in. THen you can build all night protected. YOu have to make a ceiling for when the eyes come. But as long as you have enough torches you can keep working. You should jump on mckerney's server.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:17 AM   #189
Qrusher14242
High School JV

yeah i got the main floor built, but trying to build a 2nd. Do you need a door for each floor?
Old 01-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #190
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
yeah i got the main floor built, but trying to build a 2nd. Do you need a door for each floor?

just put a hole in the ceiling of the 1st floor and jump up to the second. mckerney put some sort of thing in the ceiling floor that you can walk on and hit DOWN to descend but I don't know what that is. Just make a hole and jump up/down.
(use the axe to chop the hole)
Old 01-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #191
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Incidently I'd like to declare that the best game of 2011 is Limbo.
Wow I can't put that thing down.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #192
Qrusher14242
High School JV

Quote:
just put a hole in the ceiling of the 1st floor and jump up to the second. mckerney put some sort of thing in the ceiling floor that you can walk on and hit DOWN to descend but I don't know what that is. Just make a hole and jump up/down.
(use the axe to chop the hole)
hmm ok i thought i did that but it said it wasnt a valid house.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #193
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
So far, the cheapest game(The Binding of Isaac) has been my favorite, but most of the games i got i like(Except for maybe Space Pirates and Flight Control)

Played around with this for a bit last night, great little game and an interesting (and unforgiving!) take on the roguelike genre.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #194
PilotMan
Head Coach

In case anyone was wondering. I didn't win anything. That is all.

Like Steam?

Old 01-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #195
Lonnie
High School Varsity

My coal is gone, so I guess they already did the drawing. I don't have a ton more games now so I take it I didn't win anything.

I ended up with 29 objectives finished. I won Empire Total War, Flatout, Counter Strike Source, Portal and a bunch of coupons. I'll probably give Empire to my son unless someone has something to trade for it. The other three I will give away to anyone that wants them.

Flatout is an old racing game, and if you don't know what Counter Strike Source or Portal is then you probably need them.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #196
Qrusher14242
High School JV

ill take CS Source if you still have it please
Old 01-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #197
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

If anyone is looking to get anything that they can use the following coupons on sometime before March 1st give a shout:

33% Off Valve (any Valve Title which has already been released) - I have 3 of these
33% off Dungeon Siege 3
50% off Section 8: Prejudice
50% off Flight Control HD
50% off Puzzle Agent 2
50% off Cthulhu Saves the World / Breath of Death VII Double Pack
50% off The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion GOTY
50% off Men of War: Vietnam
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #198
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
In case anyone was wondering. I didn't win anything. That is all.

I did. I won everything. Just as I predicted.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #199
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

IP 69.4.107.172
Port 7777
Password FOFCTrout

Do you have a problem if I post this as an announcement on our steam page so that people can go there to find it?

Like Steam?

Old 01-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #200
Tasan
College Starter

I'll take flatout if you still have it Lonnie.