Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-02-2014, 08:43 PM   #351
dolfin
High School JV

There's a Pairs and Combinations sticky in the Tactics forum that flere pointed out that really helped me out a lot.
dolfin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #352
MrBug708
Head Coach

I really hate the "so-so returns to his old grounds, how do you feel about it" question, every time. He was there 10 years ago for half a season and this is the 20th time you've asked that question
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:55 PM   #353
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I really hate the "so-so returns to his old grounds, how do you feel about it" question, every time. He was there 10 years ago for half a season and this is the 20th time you've asked that question

Hopefully they remember him for all he did for those six months 15 years ago.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:27 PM   #354
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, for the ones amongst us who wanted to play FM14 (ok and all those other Steam games) on a big screen TV, the "Steam Consoles" (well, at least 13 of the 14 different ones) had their specs announced at CES

Valve Unveils 13 Steam Machines, With Specs And Prices
Old 01-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #355
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

So if I get fired early on (which I seem to be doing a fantastic job of thus far in this version), what options are there to get rehired? Do I need to open up some other leagues in the nether regions of the world to get restarted? Hell, I had a 45% win percentage (Regional status) in roughly a season and a half with my first team before being fired. Then I start looking for jobs and all these teams are hiring people with even less experience than me and worse winning percentages. Is it me or is there still some work to do in regards to career employment on this game?

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 01-07-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:05 PM   #356
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
So if I get fired early on (which I seem to be doing a fantastic job of thus far in this version), what options are there to get rehired? Do I need to open up some other leagues in the nether regions of the world to get restarted? Hell, I had a 45% win percentage (Regional status) in roughly a season and a half with my first team before being fired. Then I start looking for jobs and all these teams are hiring people with even less experience than me and worse winning percentages. Is it me or is there still some work to do in regards to career employment on this game?

I'm not sure how you keep getting fired so easily.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:58 PM   #357
Flasch186
Coordinator

Its mbbf... I kid ;-)

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:18 PM   #358
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

MBBF - it can take some time, and it can definitely seem like lesser managers than you are being hired, but the hiring process isn't meant to be necessarily logical (as in real life). Keep at it, keep applying to stuff, and you'll get a new job.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:41 PM   #359
MrBug708
Head Coach

You'll always get a job at the lowest level of leagues you have selected. IE - If you just play with English Premier League, you'll always get hired at one of the jobs, the lesser teams at least
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #360
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Porto has reached George Steinbrenner levels of having a revolving door:

(Game starts in July of 2013)
12/7/13: Sacked Ricardo Silva.
12/11/13: Hired Leandro Vega
9/19/14: Sacked Leandro Vega
9/25/14: Hired Jose Alves
2/27/15, Sacked Jose Alves.

I wasn't asked about it (I manage Benfica),, but I would have commented that the next manager should just install a revolving door on the manager's office... either that or put in a delicatessen style counter in. "Now hiring manager XX"

edit: oh, and this is great, the person who spoke up saying "Sure, gimme the job!" the next day had this story: "According to the Portugal Football Gazette, a spokesperson for an independent supporters' club stated his belief that the majority of Maritimo fans would be happy to see current manager Marco Silva leave the club. The spokesperson went on to state that if other clubs such as Porto wanted Silvea then they could gladly have him."

Last edited by SirFozzie : 01-08-2014 at 09:22 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #361
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
You'll always get a job at the lowest level of leagues you have selected. IE - If you just play with English Premier League, you'll always get hired at one of the jobs, the lesser teams at least

Just as an example, I started in Skyrill North on one of the better teams in that league. Was fired after 18 months. Have run through nearly a year of the game unemployed and have applied to 10 of the teams in the North/South (same league I was pretty successful in despite being fired). No hires at all.

I'm going to start again and give it another try in that league. We'll see how I do. I've never started above the lowest league in any other version of this game and I'm not about to stop now! Plus, everyone else can feel good about their success while watching me struggle.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #362
dolfin
High School JV

I had something somewhat similar. I didn't even last 4 months in my job in the Skrill South, but I ended up getting hired by another Skrill South club in July of the next year, which was about 8 months unemployed.

If anyone's interested, though I struggled in the beginning of the season, I've finally started to make some sense of tactics and my Margate squad is finally beginning to play some decent football!
dolfin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:20 AM   #363
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just as an example, I started in Skyrill North on one of the better teams in that league. Was fired after 18 months. Have run through nearly a year of the game unemployed and have applied to 10 of the teams in the North/South (same league I was pretty successful in despite being fired). No hires at all.

I'm going to start again and give it another try in that league. We'll see how I do. I've never started above the lowest league in any other version of this game and I'm not about to stop now! Plus, everyone else can feel good about their success while watching me struggle.

I personally felt it was easier to just coast through without understanding the Tactics prior to last year's version of FM (FM13). Once last year came out, I rage-quit so many times and almost got to the point of just not playing it anymore or buying it anymore as it became less fun.

Eventually I spent time trying to understand the tactics better, understand what I was doing wrong, and now in FM14 I seem to be doing a bit better finally.

My key suggestions are:

- Don't try to do too much. Constantly changing personal or tactics ends up causing more problems than it solves. My teams usually play pretty poorly for a while until the new players learn the system, or when changing systems it takes a bit for the team to learn it. You can look at a team's familiarity with your tactic as a sign on how well they might play with it.
- In games, even with a good tactic, you might not be playing well due to how you match up or the weather or player's morale or whatever. Use your assistant's feedback to try to figure out why that is, and more importantly what he means by saying certain things. Specific messages are repeated often through games and are a good sign on what sideline shout to use to try to help that. Even with that, try to avoid throwing out a bunch of extra shouts as it lowers the players familiarity with the system. If I have the same problem game to game where the same issue is repeatedly constantly, it might mean a review of your base tactic is in order to make small changes there.
- Try to set expectations accordingly. Here we seem to constantly hear coaches of sport teams over sell their teams, or motivate their players that way. In FM that can be pretty disastrous especially if the players start believing what you are selling. I find trying to be realistic with expectations to the board , the fans and the players keeps everyone on a more even keel.
- Try to find an assistant that helps fill the holes on what you aren't good at. If you don't do well with the player speeches, get an assistant that can motivate them well and have him do that job for you. Or whatever the case may be.

There are tons of others more granular things that I am still trying to learn (such as how to somehow beat Barcelona as I lose to them 1-0 every single time I play them).. but those basics helped me finally start enjoying the game again.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:35 AM   #364
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I personally felt it was easier to just coast through without understanding the Tactics prior to last year's version of FM (FM13). Once last year came out, I rage-quit so many times and almost got to the point of just not playing it anymore or buying it anymore as it became less fun.

Eventually I spent time trying to understand the tactics better, understand what I was doing wrong, and now in FM14 I seem to be doing a bit better finally.

My key suggestions are:

- Don't try to do too much. Constantly changing personal or tactics ends up causing more problems than it solves. My teams usually play pretty poorly for a while until the new players learn the system, or when changing systems it takes a bit for the team to learn it. You can look at a team's familiarity with your tactic as a sign on how well they might play with it.
- In games, even with a good tactic, you might not be playing well due to how you match up or the weather or player's morale or whatever. Use your assistant's feedback to try to figure out why that is, and more importantly what he means by saying certain things. Specific messages are repeated often through games and are a good sign on what sideline shout to use to try to help that. Even with that, try to avoid throwing out a bunch of extra shouts as it lowers the players familiarity with the system. If I have the same problem game to game where the same issue is repeatedly constantly, it might mean a review of your base tactic is in order to make small changes there.
- Try to set expectations accordingly. Here we seem to constantly hear coaches of sport teams over sell their teams, or motivate their players that way. In FM that can be pretty disastrous especially if the players start believing what you are selling. I find trying to be realistic with expectations to the board , the fans and the players keeps everyone on a more even keel.
- Try to find an assistant that helps fill the holes on what you aren't good at. If you don't do well with the player speeches, get an assistant that can motivate them well and have him do that job for you. Or whatever the case may be.

There are tons of others more granular things that I am still trying to learn (such as how to somehow beat Barcelona as I lose to them 1-0 every single time I play them).. but those basics helped me finally start enjoying the game again.

Thanks! I'll work through some of those things as I start again. I think tactics is where I have the most troubles. I'm pretty good at roster management, training, and motivating.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:34 PM   #365
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

My key suggestions are:

You need to adopt some of the principles of my 4-6-0 tactic (although probably not the radical shape itself). I don't have the record in front of me, but I've been reasonably successful against Barca and Madrid with it.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-09-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #366
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
You need to adopt some of the principles of my 4-6-0 tactic (although probably not the radical shape itself). I don't have the record in front of me, but I've been reasonably successful against Barca and Madrid with it.

I am 2-0 vs Madrid, don't seem to have a problem with them. With Barca, they play a 3-5-2 or whatever you call it which seems to counter my patient ball control tactic pretty well. In the end we spend the entire game passing it around and it only takes them to have one Messi break away to get that 1-0 and win. One game they got it on a penalty kick after I dominated posession 57-43 but still couldn't score. Bleh!

Old 01-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #367
henry296
College Starter

Quote:

Is there still an option to select your level when you create a coach. I think if you put semi-pro or better it helps you get new jobs.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #368
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Did they get rid of the option to go on vacation and have the computer apply for open jobs? I haven't played since like FM12, and don't recall getting fired much, but I thought you could just do that and wait for an offer to come in.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:31 PM   #369
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Is there still an option to select your level when you create a coach. I think if you put semi-pro or better it helps you get new jobs.

I put 'automatic' for that, so maybe that's something I should change when I start up my next career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Did they get rid of the option to go on vacation and have the computer apply for open jobs? I haven't played since like FM12, and don't recall getting fired much, but I thought you could just do that and wait for an offer to come in.

I don't know. If there's an option for that, I'd love it. Would save me a lot of sim time.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:39 PM   #370
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I put 'automatic' for that, so maybe that's something I should change when I start up my next career.

I don't know. If there's an option for that, I'd love it. Would save me a lot of sim time.

The option is definitely there for "go on vacation and apply to all open jobs." I've used it.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:39 PM   #371
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am 2-0 vs Madrid, don't seem to have a problem with them. With Barca, they play a 3-5-2 or whatever you call it which seems to counter my patient ball control tactic pretty well. In the end we spend the entire game passing it around and it only takes them to have one Messi break away to get that 1-0 and win. One game they got it on a penalty kick after I dominated posession 57-43 but still couldn't score. Bleh!

I'll look at my tactic tonight.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:42 PM   #372
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
The option is definitely there for "go on vacation and apply to all open jobs." I've used it.

So it stops when you get an offer?
Old 01-09-2014, 03:05 PM   #373
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So it stops when you get an offer?

Yes, it stops when you get an interview.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #374
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
Yes, it stops when you get an interview.

Awesome. I still have the same save available. I'll give it a whirl. Thanks to everyone.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:14 PM   #375
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll look at my tactic tonight.

I am thinking that it might not be my tactic as much as the quality of my front guys. Against lesser teams, I get enough shots on goal that something goes in. Against Barca, even with more possession, if my guys keep missing the net on the fewer shots we get, its less likely that I will score.

I definitely don't have an elite striker by any means and pretty much my goals are spread around across 7 different players. Maybe I should spend the cash on someone up front worth something.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #376
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am thinking that it might not be my tactic as much as the quality of my front guys. Against lesser teams, I get enough shots on goal that something goes in. Against Barca, even with more possession, if my guys keep missing the net on the fewer shots we get, its less likely that I will score.

I definitely don't have an elite striker by any means and pretty much my goals are spread around across 7 different players. Maybe I should spend the cash on someone up front worth something.

Who are you playing as?

I would say that I don't have "elite" guys @ Bilbao either. Maybe a touch better depending on who you're playing as, I dunno.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:33 PM   #377
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Who are you playing as?

I would say that I don't have "elite" guys @ Bilbao either. Maybe a touch better depending on who you're playing as, I dunno.

I'm Arsenal, playing primarily with Giroud up front. He just never seems to bury anything much. Seems to be a much better player for them this year in Real life than he has been for my FM team

Old 01-09-2014, 03:46 PM   #378
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm Arsenal, playing primarily with Giroud up front. He just never seems to bury anything much. Seems to be a much better player for them this year in Real life than he has been for my FM team

You're better in terms of talent than my Bilbao team - at least on an individual level I wager.

My thoughts:

High pressing. Try to disrupt them before they can get the ball in the offensive third of the pitch. Preferably right around the midfield line.

I don't believe you can just sit back and play 11 behind the ball and hope to weather the storm and counter with long balls against Barca. They're too good...they'll find a way through. Hell, they even did against my Juve side in our first matchup (subsequently played them more straight-up and had better results).

I don't have a problem with a deeper, narrower defensive line against Barca, but I think you want an active midfield (ideally one that outnumbers them) that's pressing.

And even then - it's going to be a tight game (as it should be realistically).

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-09-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #379
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I did a fairly nasty move against Barca in my league. I'm Palace and after a few years we managed to get into the Champions Cup. We drew Zenit, Celtic, and Barca. Barca were missing most of their key guys in our first meeting at Barca and we surprised them with a 2-0 victory (I played a 4-2-1-2-1 with counter). They came back and got a drew at Selhurst. In the final game they were in need of points and help. Having won the group, I pulled my best guys…let Celtic win…and Barca were shut out of the knockout round. Was kind of funny, even if my board still bring up the 1-3 defeat at Celtic in my board confidence update (yet don't mention I've made the knockout round at all).
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:07 PM   #380
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Thanks again for the suggestions. Figured out how to use the vacation options. Couple of unsuccessful interviews thus far, but at least I'm getting some options now.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:33 AM   #381
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Thanks again for the suggestions. Figured out how to use the vacation options. Couple of unsuccessful interviews thus far, but at least I'm getting some options now.

Mizzou, I'm being incredibly lazy, and while I skimmed the posts above and didn't see it, the new patch fixed a bug/balance issue with hiring. That's why it was so hard for you to get job. Sorry if this was posted immediately above. Time for bed.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:36 AM   #382
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Oooh - well that's good news!
Old 01-10-2014, 12:42 AM   #383
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Eh, before bed time, need to explain what's going on in my save. I started with Eastleigh in Skrill South, got them promoted at the end of season 2. Jumped ship in the summer to Belgium, where I managed Tienen until January. Got fired, went to Chelmsford in July, and then successfully got pried from there in December with an offer from Livington in the Scottish Championship, where I barely stayed up, finishing 8th of 10 teams. I wasn't fired, but left Livington for League 2 side Gillingham.

Expected by the board to win promotion, we started with a record of 0W 6D and 2L, not exactly lighting things up. We won three of the next four, but the failed to win five games in a row, and the board came calling, demanding 11 points in 5 games.

Since that day, we've won five games in a row, including back to back wins over the top team (who swapped places). 21 games in, and we're 5th in the division.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 01-10-2014 at 12:43 AM.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:55 AM   #384
whomario
Pro Starter

I am going to start playing the game any minute That is, if i ever can decide on my setup

Can somebody tell me where to edit things like the number of substitutions or squad rules ? It´s supposed to be possible to edit these things in the editor in this version, alas i´m unable to find the option there ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 01-10-2014 at 07:02 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:07 PM   #385
Grover
Pro Starter

Finally started my annual West Ham game.

Mid-table, up and down through mid-March. The Academy of Football has brought in two 5* youth products, a DR and ST.

Andy Carroll has come back from injury with 6 goals in 2 games, a 3-2 loss to Everton and a 4-2 win against Man City.

Yes. Andy Carroll 4 - 2 Manchester City.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #386
twothree
College Prospect

I finally had a season end where a team besides Arsenal(7), Chelsea(5), Liverpool(1), Manchester City(4), Manchester United(11), or Tottenham(11) won the English Premier League. The number after each team's name is how many times they won the league between 2014 and 2052. None of those six teams have ever finished below 12th place in the league over those 39 years.

In quite a shock a team that began play in the North Conference in the 13/14 season ended up champion of the Premier League by one point after the 52/53 season over Newcastle United. AFC Telford United first entered the Premier League in the 43/44 season. Then they got relegated for a year after the 44/45 season. Afterwards, they always finished mid-table in the Premier League from 46/47 through 51/52. AFC Telford United are now the 8th richest English club in my game after winning the Premier League in 2053.

I also got to watch a neat run from out of the Southern Premier by Redditch United. They made it all the way up to the Football League Championship where they stayed for 3 years before coming to rest in League 2.

I have been "on vacation" and not controlling any team since the start of my FMC game, while having all the England, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, and Spain leagues active. I eventually plan to start coaching a team when the league gets to the year 2100 or 2101. That way all the real players, real coaches, and real players who became coaches will be retired.

I am also finally starting to see some variety in which team wins the various leagues, except for the Spanish La Liga. So, there will be a good 75+ years of history that I have watched that will have gotten me invested in my current game. Though, I might delete the Spanish league. It is quite boring to watch two billionaire clubs win 38 out of 40 years. Granada won the league twice.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:36 PM   #387
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

We all know I love Juventus.

So in my Bilbao game, who do I get drawn against in the Champions League Quarterfinals?

Yep...Juventus.

I'm a bit torn - I can't decide if I want to win or lose.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-18-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:21 PM   #388
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree View Post
Though, I might delete the Spanish league. It is quite boring to watch two billionaire clubs win 38 out of 40 years. Granada won the league twice.

I had a pretty good save with Granada back in '10. One of my favorite teams in FM.

Quote:
From 2010:

So I'm completely addicted again after purchasing during the Steam sale. Playing as Granada C.F. in Spain's 2nd Division we just missed going undefeated as we had one loss somewhere in the last 5 games of the season. We won the 2nd Division Championship and promoted to Liga adelante where I'm hoping we can get a mid-table finish. Fun to have a game again where it's all I think about during my down time

Update: It's 2018 and I'm still at Granada. We are now in La Liga and won the League and Spanish Cup last year. Transfer budget was $109 mil after selling a few players this year so needless to say its been a little different than when I started as my budget was about $60K or so.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #389
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

OMG!! OMG!!!

1st leg: 0-0 draw at the San Mames with Juventus
2nd leg: Llorente scores in the 83rd minute. Disaster for Bilbao. I throw caution to the wind (switch from defensive tactic to attacking, go on overload), and SOMEHOW win a PK in the 89th minute. Mikel Arteta slots it home...AND I'M THROUGH TO THE SEMIFINALS!!
Old 01-18-2014, 10:08 PM   #390
ColtCrazy
College Starter

That right there, DT, is why this game is amazing. I've had my share of late goals (both ways) that just add drama to the game.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:16 PM   #391
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
That right there, DT, is why this game is amazing. I've had my share of late goals (both ways) that just add drama to the game.

I know right? I literally jumped off the sofa in happiness, and then I was like "oh fuck...I just sent Juve out of the CL."

And I'm just about to clinch the La Liga title over Real Madrid in 2015.

I drew the first leg of the CL semifinal against PSG 0-0. I imagine I'll probably lose the 2nd leg in France, but I have a shot via away goals.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-18-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:23 AM   #392
TroyF
Coordinator

For people who enjoy different skins, my favorite every year was released this weekend. It's called Steklo X4 and is available in the steam workship. (this isn't spam, I've never spoken to the guy who makes it)

just an FYI for those who like it.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:55 PM   #393
SackAttack
Head Coach

Saido Berahino is leading EPL in goals, assists and player rating in my second season. I think this is the first time I've had a player on West Brom who can be a difference maker who wasn't either on loan or a player I had to buy.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:35 PM   #394
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Man, Benfica fans are HARDCORE.. one of our second team players announced in the January transfer window that he'd be leaving on a free transfer in July to Porto (one of Benfica's fierce rivals). Today (Mar 4 in game), I got this notification:

"Head Physio Joao Resende has expressed his annoyance that central defender Rui Feteiro arrived at the club today having suffered a broken collarbone which he claims was caused by a fall at home"

Now, am I reading between the lines here, or is it possible our fans.... tried to convince him of the error of his ways? He'll miss about two months, or a good part of the rest of the season.,
Old 01-21-2014, 09:22 AM   #395
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

It would not surprise me at all if there was code in there for that purpose. The game is essentially sentient at this point.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:40 AM   #396
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Cross post from my Bilbao dynasty thread

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ewpost&t=87724

Quote:
Bump - 2014/2015 update coming tonight. Just took a bunch of year-end screenies.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-21-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:25 AM   #397
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
It would not surprise me at all if there was code in there for that purpose. The game is essentially sentient at this point.

Your post has been logged and a sentinel from SI Towers will be with you shortly to ensure you do not spread any such rumors in the future - SI are here to entertain and please you, any rumors of FM's sentience are not to be considered an official announcement at this time
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:41 AM   #398
Grover
Pro Starter

Ah, so that voice in the back of my head IS the game telling me to come back to the computer and play for an hour or forty-eight.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #399
ColtCrazy
College Starter

My rise to the top of the table at Palace is hitting a wall. Sheer fatigue is starting to set in as my starters are very good, but my bench isn't that deep. We lost to Wigan in the FA Cup because I absolutely had to rest people for the upcoming Champions' League match at Juventus. We managed to win there 2-1 on a fluke goal late in the game. Then we came back and lost to Manchester Utd on penalties in the Capital One Cup and 3 days later we have to play them again, at Old Trafford, in league play. Whew. I'm guessing I'll concentrate on the Champion's League while I remain in it. I'm second in the EPL, 10 points clear of 3rd but 9 points behind Utd. They are unstoppable a few years down the road in my league.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #400
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Your post has been logged and a sentinel from SI Towers will be with you shortly to ensure you do not spread any such rumors in the future - SI are here to entertain and please you, any rumors of FM's sentience are not to be considered an official announcement at this time

eeeeeeep!