Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-12-2010, 07:00 AM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL-X 2014 Offseason Thread

Congrats to our champs, back to back winners Havana!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

2013 Yearly Awards:

Hitter of the Year:

CL - Luis 'Wacky' Huerta (St. Louis)

RL - Mario Viramontes (Maricopa)

Pitcher of the Year

CL - Carlos Gutiérrez (St. Louis)

RL - Manuel Urbina (Virginia Beach)

Rookie of the Year:

CL - Sergio Flores (St. Louis)

RL - Matt Whittier (Cumberland)

Commissioner's Award:

CL - Luis 'Wacky' Huerta (St. Louis)

RL - Manuel Urbina (Virginia Beach)

Best Fielders:

CL:
Pitcher: Yoshihiro Hayashi (Havana Banana Sluggers)
Catcher: Lowell Coolen (Washington Freedom)
First Baseman: Lucien Robert (Chicago Cardinals)
Second Baseman: Iván García (St Cloud Raindrops)
Third Baseman: António Murillo (Havana Banana Sluggers)
Shortstop: Matthieu Ferland (Plantana Pirates)
Left Fielder: Mike Frazer (Stafford Terriers)
Center Fielder: José Muñíz (Balzac Ticklers)
Right Fielder: Jesús Palma (Plantana Pirates)

RL:
Pitcher: Sakutaro Fujii (Ann Arbor Wolverines)
Catcher: Rodrigo Morales (New York Legends)
First Baseman: Terry Greene (Virginia Beach Surf)
Second Baseman: Brandon Sharpe (Cleveland Naps)
Third Baseman: Carlos Maldonado (Portland Axemen)
Shortstop: Júlio Olivas (Cleveland Naps)
Left Fielder: José Carlos Velásquez (Ann Arbor Wolverines)
Center Fielder: Greg Frizzell (Portland Axemen)
Right Fielder: Ángel Enríquez (Virginia Beach Surf)

Old 07-12-2010, 07:13 AM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Getting exports now for this morning's sim!

Old 07-12-2010, 07:16 AM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Wednesday, November 13th, 2013
Virginia Beach Surf: Signed free agent CF Davide Afiata to a 4-year contract worth a total of $31,300,000.

Tuesday, October 29th, 2013
New York Legends: Signed MR Yifu Sung to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $10,250,000.
Cumberland Defenders: Signed MR Salvadaro Carrlo to a minor league contract extension.
Portland Axemen: Signed CL Pablo Montero to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $10,061,160.
New York Legends: Signed C Yeow-whye Zhang to a minor league contract extension.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed MR Kurt Stokes to a minor league contract extension.
Maricopa Rattlers: Signed CF Kazu Inoue to a minor league contract extension.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed SP Jorge Jiménez to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $6,206,000.
Maricopa Rattlers: Signed 2B Shunsho Matsunaga to a minor league contract extension.
Monday, October 28th, 2013
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed MR Wei-qiang Qi to a minor league contract extension.
Saturday, October 26th, 2013
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed MR Ty Campbell to a minor league contract extension.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed RF Juan Pacheco to a minor league contract extension.
Friday, October 25th, 2013
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed CL José Garza to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $2,300,000.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:26 AM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The new file is up. Free Agency starts off tomorrow morning.

I know I have a bunch of stuff for a few teams that I owe you. I'll try to find time to do that on Wednesday this week. (My wife is heading out of town for three weeks on Tuesday, so hoping to have a little more free time soon)

Old 07-12-2010, 07:29 AM   #6
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

I know I have a bunch of stuff for a few teams that I owe you. I'll try to find time to do that on Wednesday this week. (My wife is heading out of town for three weeks on Tuesday, so hoping to have a little more free time soon)
Please share the trick you used to get rid of the wife for 3 weeks. I admired you already but now your immortial. LOL
Old 07-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #7
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde4us11 View Post
Please share the trick you used to get rid of the wife for 3 weeks. I admired you already but now your immortial. LOL

Live 3000 miles away from the in-laws and her work schedule have the entire summer off (school vacation) does the trick! She always goes to visit family for 3 weeks or so during the summer.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:25 AM   #8
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:
Live 3000 miles away from the in-laws and her work schedule have the entire summer off (school vacation) does the trick! She always goes to visit family for 3 weeks or so during the summer.
Thats it my in laws don't live far enough away. This is now noted in my Alan handbook. LOL
Old 07-12-2010, 10:37 AM   #9
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:

Is she taking your girls with her?
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
Tasan
College Starter

Wow. Spring completely shut out of the post season awards.

Well, lets see if we can make some magic happen again with this apparent band of misfits!

Oh and Alan, wow man. 3 weeks, and if the kids are gone, double wow. Some quiet time would be very welcome around here, although I'm not sure I'd like 3 whole weeks without my wife.

Last edited by Tasan : 07-12-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #11
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

It's not complete peace and quiet. I actually have to travel for work one weekend while they are gone, and supposedly my nephew and niece are going to be coming to use my pool with my mother for a few days as well and staying at my house to give my sister some peace and quiet (she's 9 months pregnant)...

So in the end, I might be the only one without any peace and quiet, but we will see

Old 07-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #12
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
It's not complete peace and quiet. I actually have to travel for work one weekend while they are gone, and supposedly my nephew and niece are going to be coming to use my pool with my mother for a few days as well and staying at my house to give my sister some peace and quiet (she's 9 months pregnant)...

So in the end, I might be the only one without any peace and quiet, but we will see

Well that kinda just you danced around could be a blessing or one of those ahhh crap weekends..... Hopefully is the good kind!!!
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:27 AM   #13
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sim time, getting exports now

Old 07-13-2010, 06:33 AM   #14
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Monday, December 23rd, 2013
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent CF Bernt Pedersen to a 4-year contract worth a total of $28,000,000.
Sunday, December 22nd, 2013
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent MR Pedro Puente to a 2-year contract worth a total of $8,094,000.
Saturday, December 21st, 2013
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed free agent SP Sherwood Wells to a 1-year contract worth a total of $6,143,000.
Friday, December 20th, 2013
New York Legends: Signed free agent MR Raúl Martínez to a 3-year contract worth a total of $6,500,000.
Thursday, December 19th, 2013
Cleveland Naps: Signed free agent MR Alberto Morales to a 3-year contract worth a total of $4,953,000.
Wednesday, December 18th, 2013
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed free agent CF José Bullinas to a 3-year contract worth a total of $16,500,000.
New York Legends: Signed free agent MR Randy Scott to a 3-year contract worth a total of $8,500,000.
Tuesday, December 17th, 2013
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed free agent RF Lance Thompson to a 3-year contract worth a total of $9,225,000.
Sunday, December 15th, 2013
Chicago Cardinals: Signed free agent DH Ling-lai Joo to a 4-year contract worth a total of $22,856,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SP Jim Walsh to a 1-year contract worth a total of $9,500,000.
Saturday, December 14th, 2013
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent MR Steve Bousquet to a 3-year contract worth a total of $6,000,000.
Cumberland Defenders: Signed free agent C José Pérez to a 4-year contract worth a total of $22,440,000.
Cumberland Defenders: Signed free agent MR Pat Blanchard to a 2-year contract worth a total of $3,738,000.
Friday, December 13th, 2013
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed free agent 2B Nick Bernard to a 3-year contract worth a total of $17,409,000.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent 2B Miguel Esparza to a 5-year contract worth a total of $33,645,000.
Thursday, December 12th, 2013
Stafford Terriers: Signed free agent MR Cristo Quintero to a 1-year contract worth a total of $267,000.
Wednesday, December 11th, 2013
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent SS Tommy Bailey to a 1-year contract worth a total of $712,000.
Cumberland Defenders: Signed free agent LF Ze-min Kum to a 5-year contract worth a total of $43,595,000.
Tuesday, December 10th, 2013
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent MR Tim Lloyd to a 3-year contract worth a total of $2,700,000.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed free agent C Emory Plumley to a 1-year contract worth a total of $820,000.
Monday, December 9th, 2013
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent SP Yoshihiro Hayashi to a 5-year contract worth a total of $33,125,000.
Cumberland Defenders: Signed free agent LF Nelson Román to a 5-year contract worth a total of $38,845,000.
Stafford Terriers: Signed free agent SP Alberto Ortíz to a 1-year contract worth a total of $317,000.
Sunday, December 8th, 2013
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed free agent SP Don Keppel to a 3-year contract worth a total of $6,000,000.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed free agent SP Christian Stark to a minor league contract.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent SS Jesús Vázquez to a minor league contract.
Friday, December 6th, 2013
Stafford Terriers: Signed free agent MR José Ramos to a 1-year contract worth a total of $186,000.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent 2B Fernando Ramírez to a 3-year contract worth a total of $15,000,000.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent SP Mike West to a minor league contract.
Thursday, December 5th, 2013
Chicago Cardinals: Signed free agent MR Ron Russell to a 2-year contract worth a total of $3,192,000.
New York Legends: Signed free agent C Víctor López to a 3-year contract worth a total of $7,600,000.
New York Legends: Signed free agent 2B Yong-kook Song to a 4-year contract worth a total of $20,500,000.
Wednesday, December 4th, 2013
Virginia Beach Surf: Signed free agent 2B Jun'ichiro Suzuki to a 1-year contract worth a total of $544,000.
Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent RF José Valdés to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,688,000.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent SP Gordon Navarro to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,436,000.
Monday, December 2nd, 2013
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent SP José Gutiérrez to a 3-year contract worth a total of $9,000,000.
Sunday, December 1st, 2013
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent LF Katsunan Arai to a minor league contract.

Saturday, November 30th, 2013
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed free agent RF Ángel Trujillo to a 2-year contract worth a total of $4,996,000.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed free agent 2B Marc-Anthony Lépine to a minor league contract.
Thursday, November 28th, 2013
Stafford Terriers: Signed free agent MR Luis González to a 2-year contract worth a total of $361,000.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent SP Hirokazu Tanaka to a minor league contract.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed free agent 2B Manny Malave to a minor league contract.
Wednesday, November 27th, 2013
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed free agent 2B Bartolo Cortéz to a minor league contract.
Tuesday, November 26th, 2013
Maricopa Rattlers: Signed free agent MR Charles Williams to a 2-year contract worth a total of $372,000.
Monday, November 25th, 2013
Virginia Beach Surf: Signed free agent 1B Eddie Cross to a 1-year contract worth a total of $462,000.
Friday, November 22nd, 2013
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed MR Héctor Sánchez to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed MR Brenton Thomas to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed SP José Jiménez to a minor league contract extension.
Portland Axemen: Signed LF Carlos Molina to a minor league contract extension.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed MR Wei-qiang Qi to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed SP Jorge Chávez to a minor league contract extension.
Portland Axemen: Signed SP Normand Couture to a minor league contract extension.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed SP Joe Bowen to a minor league contract extension.
Cumberland Defenders: Signed SP Mike Wheaton to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $12,906,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed CF Albert Navarro to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed 3B Giustiniano Bernotti to a minor league contract extension.
Portland Axemen: Signed 2B Brian Hicks to a minor league contract extension.
Portland Axemen: Signed SP Duane Smith to a minor league contract extension.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed 1B Joe Gibbs to a minor league contract extension.
Thursday, November 21st, 2013
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed MR Kurt Stokes to a minor league contract extension.
Wednesday, November 20th, 2013
Balzac Ticklers: Signed free agent MR Roberto Ybarra to a 1-year contract worth a total of $4,143,000.
Virginia Beach Surf: Signed SP Manuel Urbina to a 5-year contract extension worth a total of $73,950,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed CF Francisco García to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed MR António García to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed LF Dong-po Tsao to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed 2B Peter Rivers to a minor league contract extension.
Cumberland Defenders: Signed MR Joey Curry to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $416,000.
Tuesday, November 19th, 2013
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed 1B Sergio Castillo to a minor league contract extension.
Monday, November 18th, 2013
Cumberland Defenders: Signed SP Stephen Thomas to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $9,414,000.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed 2B Mac Flanagan to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed SP Ricardo González to a minor league contract extension.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed C José García to a minor league contract extension.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed RF Juan Pacheco to a minor league contract extension.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:33 AM   #15
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Offseason retirements:

Spoiler

Old 07-13-2010, 06:39 AM   #16
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The new file is up. Spring training is tomorrow morning!

Old 07-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #17
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

***ATTENTION***

There is a new patch of OOTP11 out. Per our league rules, we don't upgrade until the end of the season, but we usually upgrade pretty soon after. That means we'll upgrade to the newest patch after the playoffs on Friday.

For anyone in multiple online leagues and need information on how to run two different versions of OOTP11 (1 for each league), please let me know and I can help you out there so you don't hurt yourself for other leagues.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=78455

Last edited by Alan T : 07-13-2010 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:56 AM   #18
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sorry for the delay this morning, I actually had to give an online training session for ssl vpns for our overseas network help desk this morning. I'll get this started in a few minutes.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:10 AM   #19
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Yuck, what a crazy morning so far. I have 20 minutes till my next meeting. so lets get this going now! Getting exports

Old 07-14-2010, 09:13 AM   #20
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Round 1
Round 1, Pick 1 - Plantana Pirates: SP Donald Ross
Round 1, Pick 2 - Stafford Terriers: 3B Manuel Zamora
Round 1, Pick 3 - Cumberland Defenders: 3B Mark O'Reardan
Round 1, Pick 4 - Cleveland Naps: 1B Ganya Zamorin
Round 1, Pick 5 - Chicago Cardinals: SP Harry Glass
Round 1, Pick 6 - St Cloud Raindrops: SP Vince Blondell
Round 1, Pick 7 - New York Legends: MR Julián Ventura
Round 1, Pick 8 - Stafford Terriers: CF Ju-young Song
Round 1, Pick 9 - New York Legends: CL Richard Molenaar
Round 1, Pick 10 - Portland Axemen: 1B Donald Fields
Round 1, Pick 11 - St Cloud Raindrops: SP Ke-yue Jian
Round 1, Pick 12 - Virginia Beach Surf: CF Paul Tierney
Round 1, Pick 13 - Virginia Beach Surf: LF Ricardo Serna
Round 1, Pick 14 - Maricopa Rattlers: 3B Terry Kelly
Round 1, Pick 15 - Spring Lions: 1B Chi-ming Li
Round 1, Pick 16 - Maricopa Rattlers: CF Tony Santiago
Round 1, Pick 17 - St Louis Hops: SP César Vargo
Round 1, Pick 18 - Havana Banana Sluggers: 2B Juan García
Round 1, Pick 19 - Spring Lions: SS Jason Brownlee
Supplemental Round 1
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 1 - Cumberland Defenders: MR José Reyes
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 2 - Chicago Cardinals: RF Kerwin Hampton
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 3 - Chicago Cardinals: LF Landon Jones
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 4 - Chicago Cardinals: RF Tom Weighill
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 5 - St Cloud Raindrops: SS Júlio Garza
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 6 - New York Legends: MR Clarence Wooten
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 7 - St Cloud Raindrops: 3B César Montés
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 8 - New York Legends: MR Ricardo Bruno
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 9 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: 3B Doug Thomas
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 10 - Portland Axemen: LF Micheal Hobbs
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 11 - Balzac Ticklers: LF Paco Gallegos
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 12 - Virginia Beach Surf: RF Julien Labrecque
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 13 - Virginia Beach Surf: SP Adrián Martínez
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 14 - Maricopa Rattlers: SP Jean-Paul Huard
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 15 - Maricopa Rattlers: 2B Bruce Lacoste
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 16 - Maricopa Rattlers: SP Baio Rang
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 17 - Spring Lions: MR Cory Moore
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 18 - Spring Lions: 1B Ajdir Krama
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 19 - Washington Freedom: RF Álex Parra
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 20 - Washington Freedom: 2B Jonathan Desmarais
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 21 - Washington Freedom: CF Francisco Franco
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 22 - Havana Banana Sluggers: 3B Javier García
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 23 - Havana Banana Sluggers: 2B Orlando Rodríguez
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 24 - Havana Banana Sluggers: 1B Monfre Alegre
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 25 - Cumberland Defenders: MR Mario Morales
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 26 - Cleveland Naps: SP Pepe López
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 27 - New York Legends: LF Edmond Wilson
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 28 - St Cloud Raindrops: SP Armando Osorio
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 29 - New York Legends: C Pierre Simard
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 30 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: 2B Dan Joyner
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 31 - Washington Freedom: LF Jack Blake
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 32 - Stafford Terriers: LF Takafumi Aoki
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 33 - Stafford Terriers: SP Benjamin Johnson
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 34 - Spring Lions: SP Jason Booker
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 35 - Spring Lions: RF Allen Keeping
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 36 - New York Legends: CL Juan Collado
Round 2
Round 2, Pick 1 - Havana Banana Sluggers: SP Octávio Figueroa
Round 2, Pick 2 - Stafford Terriers: LF Francisco Muñóz
Round 2, Pick 3 - Portland Axemen: RF Xiao-yong Siu
Round 2, Pick 4 - Cleveland Naps: LF Arturo Pacheco
Round 2, Pick 5 - Spring Lions: CF Marc Jones
Round 2, Pick 6 - Spring Lions: RF John King
Round 2, Pick 7 - Stafford Terriers: RF José Flores
Round 2, Pick 8 - Cumberland Defenders: CF William Cain
Round 2, Pick 9 - Spring Lions: SP Sean Jones
Round 2, Pick 10 - Portland Axemen: RF Eduardo Fernández
Round 2, Pick 11 - Washington Freedom: C Tony Esparza
Round 2, Pick 12 - Virginia Beach Surf: 2B Augusto Ángel
Round 2, Pick 13 - Virginia Beach Surf: 3B Peter Fritz
Round 2, Pick 14 - Maricopa Rattlers: CF Graha Kartodirdjo
Round 2, Pick 15 - Stafford Terriers: MR Nakazo Takeuchi
Round 2, Pick 16 - Spring Lions: SP Brian Snook
Round 2, Pick 17 - Washington Freedom: CF Luis Vega
Round 2, Pick 18 - Plantana Pirates: C Charles Hendricks
Round 2, Pick 19 - St Louis Hops: C Júlio Villaverde
Round 2, Pick 20 - Havana Banana Sluggers: MR Paul Riggs
Round 3
Round 3, Pick 1 - Havana Banana Sluggers: C Don George
Round 3, Pick 2 - Stafford Terriers: RF Gabriel Hildred
Round 3, Pick 3 - Cumberland Defenders: MR Carlos Martínez
Round 3, Pick 4 - St Louis Hops: SP Diego Rodríguez
Round 3, Pick 5 - Cleveland Naps: 3B Roy Glenn
Round 3, Pick 6 - Balzac Ticklers: SS Andrew Harrison
Round 3, Pick 7 - Stafford Terriers: SP Christian Stewart
Round 3, Pick 8 - Havana Banana Sluggers: 2B De-wei Liu
Round 3, Pick 9 - Stafford Terriers: CF Ángel Martínez
Round 3, Pick 10 - New York Legends: C Rick Guffin
Round 3, Pick 11 - Maricopa Rattlers: SP Iván Ramos
Round 3, Pick 12 - Cleveland Naps: C Pancho Castillo
Round 3, Pick 13 - Portland Axemen: 2B Javier Murillo
Round 3, Pick 14 - Chicago Cardinals: RF Reynaldo Mata
Round 3, Pick 15 - Portland Axemen: MR Daniel Mailhot
Round 3, Pick 16 - Stafford Terriers: CF Arturo Valentín
Round 3, Pick 17 - Portland Axemen: 2B Ramón Guzmán
Round 3, Pick 18 - Portland Axemen: RF Rafael Álvarez
Round 3, Pick 19 - Maricopa Rattlers: CF Vicente Sepúlveda
Round 3, Pick 20 - Portland Axemen: 2B Sylvestre Annoni
Round 3, Pick 21 - Virginia Beach Surf: SS Ken Wood
Round 3, Pick 22 - Maricopa Rattlers: LF Minyar Babu
Round 3, Pick 23 - Spring Lions: SP Mike Morgan
Round 3, Pick 24 - Spring Lions: 3B Luis Deleón
Round 3, Pick 25 - Washington Freedom: 2B Ira Hunter
Round 3, Pick 26 - St Louis Hops: C Lewis Scoley
Round 3, Pick 27 - New York Legends: 3B Juan Corona
Round 3, Pick 28 - Havana Banana Sluggers: 2B Brett Turpin
Round 4
Round 4, Pick 1 - Plantana Pirates: 2B Ricardo Juárez
Round 4, Pick 2 - Plantana Pirates: C Luis López
Round 4, Pick 3 - Cleveland Naps: C Ken Larsen
Round 4, Pick 4 - Cleveland Naps: 2B Shigenobu Kamida
Round 4, Pick 5 - Stafford Terriers: RF François Thibault
Round 4, Pick 6 - Cumberland Defenders: 2B Wyatt Abrams
Round 4, Pick 7 - Cleveland Naps: 3B Willie Frey
Round 4, Pick 8 - St Louis Hops: SP Justin Wilson
Round 4, Pick 9 - Chicago Cardinals: CL Lung Chan
Round 4, Pick 10 - Washington Freedom: SS Jack Young
Round 4, Pick 11 - Stafford Terriers: CF Eduardo Fernández
Round 4, Pick 12 - Stafford Terriers: 3B Seiichi Kawaguchi
Round 4, Pick 13 - Stafford Terriers: SS Jurrie de Beeld
Round 4, Pick 14 - New York Legends: LF Okura Nomura
Round 4, Pick 15 - Portland Axemen: 2B Josh Sykes
Round 4, Pick 16 - Portland Axemen: C Pedro Reyes
Round 4, Pick 17 - New York Legends: C Roberto Díaz
Round 4, Pick 18 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: SP Claudio Hernández
Round 4, Pick 19 - Cleveland Naps: C Shosuke Kokawa
Round 4, Pick 20 - Portland Axemen: C Mariano Flores
Round 4, Pick 21 - Portland Axemen: LF Javier Martínez
Round 4, Pick 22 - Portland Axemen: 2B Darrel Helton
Round 4, Pick 23 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: SP Michael Lowe
Round 4, Pick 24 - Virginia Beach Surf: SP Dustin Monroe
Round 4, Pick 25 - Stafford Terriers: C Aki Matsushita
Round 4, Pick 26 - Portland Axemen: 3B Juan Rojas
Round 4, Pick 27 - Maricopa Rattlers: MR Esteban Gil
Round 4, Pick 28 - Spring Lions: 3B Bobby Arnipp
Round 4, Pick 29 - Washington Freedom: LF Dou-guan Xú
Round 4, Pick 30 - St Cloud Raindrops: RF Keita Kudo
Round 4, Pick 31 - St Louis Hops: SP Armando Carbajal
Round 4, Pick 32 - Stafford Terriers: CF Mannus Pasveer
Round 4, Pick 33 - Havana Banana Sluggers: MR Jesús Leal
Round 5
Round 5, Pick 1 - Plantana Pirates: SP Helespôntico Domingo
Round 5, Pick 2 - Stafford Terriers: MR Ben Gresham
Round 5, Pick 3 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: 1B Luis Guzmán
Round 5, Pick 4 - Cumberland Defenders: RF Diego Sánchez
Round 5, Pick 5 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: 2B Dennis Moore
Round 5, Pick 6 - Cumberland Defenders: RF José Ortíz
Round 5, Pick 7 - Plantana Pirates: SP Terao Kamida
Round 5, Pick 8 - Cleveland Naps: MR Leonardo Macías
Round 5, Pick 9 - Chicago Cardinals: CF Katsumi Fujimoto
Round 5, Pick 10 - St Cloud Raindrops: CF Enrique Ramos
Round 5, Pick 11 - New York Legends: SP Yasukazu Toiguchi
Round 5, Pick 12 - St Louis Hops: 3B George Strickland
Round 5, Pick 13 - Stafford Terriers: 2B Brian Murphy
Round 5, Pick 14 - Portland Axemen: MR Ad van Tiggelen
Round 5, Pick 15 - Portland Axemen: CF Shosuke Fujihara
Round 5, Pick 16 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: SS Ramiro Serrano
Round 5, Pick 17 - Stafford Terriers: RF Yong Kwon
Round 5, Pick 18 - Portland Axemen: MR Sixto Morales
Round 5, Pick 19 - St Cloud Raindrops: MR Jacob Miller
Round 5, Pick 20 - Virginia Beach Surf: C Felipe Ramos
Round 5, Pick 21 - Maricopa Rattlers: 3B Hyung-oo Chong
Round 5, Pick 22 - Spring Lions: SP José Aguirre
Round 5, Pick 23 - Washington Freedom: SS Jack Elliott
Round 5, Pick 24 - Cumberland Defenders: C Sean Harkins
Round 5, Pick 25 - Stafford Terriers: SP Juan Horton
Round 5, Pick 26 - St Louis Hops: C Juan Hernández
Round 5, Pick 27 - Havana Banana Sluggers: CF Jesús Ventura

Old 07-14-2010, 09:14 AM   #21
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Heh... we all have those kinds a mornings.

Just glad you can squeeze in where you can. Hope that the rest of your day isn't so hectic.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:14 AM   #22
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thursday, March 13th, 2014
Cumberland Defenders: Signed 1B Jack Finley to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $34,500,000.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed RF Sixto Salazar to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed SP Andrew Kennedy to a minor league contract extension.
Virginia Beach Surf: Signed RF Ángel Enríquez to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $20,700,000.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed SS William Werner to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed LF Juan Calderón to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed MR Juan Torres to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed CF José Cinicero to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed MR Andy Gordon to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed SP Rick Rice to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed SP Daniel Pennington to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed SP Brayden Harman to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed LF Ramón Jiménez to a minor league contract extension.
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed C Gerald Waddell to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed SP Dominic Bowman to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed RF Toshiro Suzuki to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $728,000.
Tuesday, March 11th, 2014
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed 3B Carlos Chávez to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed SP Tom Kirk to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed MR Sid Arnold to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $4,126,200.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed 2B Raymond Hess to a minor league contract extension.
Monday, March 10th, 2014
Chicago Cardinals: Signed free agent 1B Lucien Robert to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,536,000.
Balzac Ticklers: Signed free agent LF Eduardo Martínez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $3,071,000.
Balzac Ticklers: Signed free agent CL Ken Walley to a 1-year contract worth a total of $285,000.
Balzac Ticklers: Signed free agent SP Joaquín Avilés to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,666,000.
Chicago Cardinals: Signed free agent C José Ramírez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $333,000.
Balzac Ticklers: Signed free agent 3B Luis Martínez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,079,000.
Balzac Ticklers: Signed free agent 1B Ernesto Ornelas to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,208,000.
Balzac Ticklers: Signed free agent MR Heath Dand to a 1-year contract worth a total of $801,000.
Chicago Cardinals: Signed free agent RF Alfredo Contreras to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,734,000.
Balzac Ticklers: Signed free agent SP Cheng-qian Ouyang to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,762,000.
Chicago Cardinals: Signed free agent CF Clint Roe to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,193,000.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed 2B Cisco Bautista to a minor league contract extension.
Balzac Ticklers: Signed free agent MR Robinson Martínez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $766,000.
Balzac Ticklers: Signed free agent 2B José Ibarra to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,278,000.
Chicago Cardinals: Signed free agent CF Héctor Morán to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,619,000.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed MR John Gary to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed MR Cristián Martínez to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed 3B Shannon Delaney to a minor league contract extension.
Sunday, March 9th, 2014
New York Legends: Signed free agent RF Hugh Ledward to a 1-year contract worth a total of $840,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SP Germán Gómez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $7,000,000.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent SP Wilson Alou to a 1-year contract worth a total of $4,109,000.
Virginia Beach Surf: Signed free agent RF Javier López to a minor league contract.
Spring Lions: Signed free agent MR Manuel Arellano to a 1-year contract worth a total of $609,000.
Virginia Beach Surf: Signed free agent 1B Alec Juteau to a 1-year contract worth a total of $685,000.
Virginia Beach Surf: Signed free agent SS Ed Storey to a 1-year contract worth a total of $572,000.
New York Legends: Signed free agent 3B Jorge Vázquez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $3,000,000.
Virginia Beach Surf: Signed free agent 2B Sal Miller to a 1-year contract worth a total of $907,000.
Cleveland Naps: Signed free agent LF Alden Thomas to a 1-year contract worth a total of $4,587,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent CL Bryan Waterton to a 3-year contract worth a total of $9,000,000.
Cleveland Naps: Signed free agent SP Kazuyuki Kimura to a 1-year contract worth a total of $3,980,000.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed free agent MR Jeff Crudge to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,508,000.
Virginia Beach Surf: Signed free agent LF José Carlos Velásquez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $729,000.
New York Legends: Signed free agent CL Jean Real to a 1-year contract worth a total of $6,500,000.
Cumberland Defenders: Signed free agent C Steven Kennedy to a 1-year contract worth a total of $344,000.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent 1B Tung Lee to a 1-year contract worth a total of $7,536,000.
St Louis Hops: Signed free agent MR Ray Crawford to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,593,000.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed free agent CL Juan Reynoso to a 1-year contract worth a total of $6,075,000.
Spring Lions: Signed free agent 3B Steve Jarvis to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,109,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent CL Dave Harrington to a 3-year contract worth a total of $6,000,000.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed MR Lorenzo Gutiérrez to a minor league contract extension.
Virginia Beach Surf: Signed free agent LF Jerry Pierce to a minor league contract.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent SP Héctor Costa to a minor league contract.
New York Legends: Signed free agent 1B Benton Wilson to a minor league contract.
Spring Lions: Signed free agent RF Michael McKee to a 2-year contract worth a total of $6,166,000.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent MR Raúl Barrera to a minor league contract.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent CF Ángelo Hernández to a minor league contract.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent MR Cees Koot to a minor league contract.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed RF Chris Lahoda to a minor league contract extension.
Cumberland Defenders: Signed free agent C Gan Shan to a minor league contract.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed 3B Zak Wilson to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed SS David Rodríguez to a minor league contract extension.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:20 AM   #23
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The new file is up. Regular season runs tomorrow. We'll have a few team moves as well for tomorrow morning.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:40 AM   #24
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Has anyone used a guy as a hitter and a SP yet? I have Sakurai who hit .350 as a rookie but the guy can start as a pitcher also. I could use the SP but I can also use his bat in my lineup. I am just puzzled on what I should decide here. Would appreciate any advice anyone has.

Last edited by hyde4us11 : 07-14-2010 at 09:41 AM.
hyde4us11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #25
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Anyone else concerned about our growing pick list?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #26
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I think putting in some talent randomness would fix this. I was going to ask later today if anything was decided for sure on this and another league being added. Thought maybe since its patch time it might be a good idea to add these things as well then.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:01 AM   #27
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think putting in some talent randomness would fix this. I was going to ask later today if anything was decided for sure on this and another league being added. Thought maybe since its patch time it might be a good idea to add these things as well then.

Hmm, I am not following, with respect to the talent randomness, but, then, I am not a morning person, so maybe you can expand on how it would address the issue a little more.

What I am concerned with is that we are seeing people not signing their picks, for whatever reason, and than these picks go into the next year's draft and this feeds the cycle. I mean, consider my regular first round draft choice this year was the 18th overall pick, and this is a 16 team league.

Between the "re-picks" and the free agent compensation, we appear to be on the road to eventually having a massive draft that would be prohibitive to even think to prepare for, especially if owners continue to be picky with which picks they sign (I mean we're even seeing first and second rounders not signed, and I don't think it's entirely because of lowball contract offers or missing owners).

And I can't imagine that this is good for how the game determines the talent in the system and how it works into generating new talent, or how this all affects development or the overall balance of players at certain age levels.

I am beginning to think that signing draft picks in a fast sim league like ours might be a whole lot more trouble than it's worth.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #28
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The discussion that the league had and the follow up vote was to leave things as is with the exception of adding a rookie league. I'm working on incorporating it but still doing testing to make sure i get the modifiers correct for that league.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:09 AM   #29
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Talent randomness fixes it because the talent at the end of the draft has no hope in the current setup. There isn't a point to paying them because they will amount to very little if anything. With a talent randomness the guys towards the end of the draft might be missing just one area and they will be good to go. If they have a chance to get better then the money you spend to see what guys at the end of the draft become results in more picks getting signed. I know for myself that if a guy I drafted in round 4 becomes a star then I'll be angry I passed on signing him. Which in turn means I myself will sign almost every draft pick I make.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #30
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Talent randomness fixes it because the talent at the end of the draft has no hope in the current setup. There isn't a point to paying them because they will amount to very little if anything. With a talent randomness the guys towards the end of the draft might be missing just one area and they will be good to go. If they have a chance to get better then the money you spend to see what guys at the end of the draft become results in more picks getting signed. I know for myself that if a guy I drafted in round 4 becomes a star then I'll be angry I passed on signing him. Which in turn means I myself will sign almost every draft pick I make.

Yeah, but I am not so concerned about the growing list of 4th or 5th rounders (although that doesn't help with talent distribution either). I am concerned with the growing list of first, supplementals and second rounders, as a result on non-signings. I have to believe all normal first and second round level talent players are worth signing even in this set up. But we're seeing a lot not get signed, and like I said, it just feeds the cycle. It practically makes any pick after the second round worthless, at this point. I mean, I guess these non-signed players are supposed to have gone back into the pool, but I haven't recognized a draftee from one year to the next yet, nor have I noticed an increase in talent as a result of a larger draft pool. The depth of the draft talent seems about the same as it has always been (admittedly that is just going off of my impressions and not a statistical analysis).

I had three supplemental picks that ended up near the middle of the supplemental round (a little toward the back), and the three guys I got were all at the very back end of my list, around 40 or so, and I considered them roughly fringe players, really. Part of that is I did a shorter draft list, as it was late, but by pick 40 on my list, I wasn't feeling like I had left any real talent off of the list.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:24 AM   #31
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Chief check out this thread around post #25 the discussion started.

FOOL-X 2012 Offseason Thread - Front Office Football Central
Old 07-14-2010, 10:30 AM   #32
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Also, as we all know, how the AI handles the placement and order of supplemental picks is rather poorly done. In fact, I don't know yet that we even know for sure all the rules that the AI applies to it, and things that shouldn't matter, like when a free agent was signed, for instance, come into play for where you pick in the supplementals.

Now, this is no surprise; it was an issue with OOTPX, where FA compensation was first introduced. But before, when the picks all joined the teams that drafted them, we still had a manageable supplemental round and there was still at least a little value in second round picks. Sure, the weird AI rules might not always give you the best spot in the supplemental draft order, for whatever reason, but you figure eventually this all evens out.

The problem is that the unsigned picks are expanding the supplemental round just like the other rounds, and now the odd order determinations of the AI are really starting to effect talent placement through the draft, especially now that we're getting to the point where the talent at the start of the supplemental draft is much higher than the end of that round, thanks to the growing pick list.

And I don't even know if the AI is properly handling the placement of "re-picks". I know there was confusion over how the supplemental draft order was determined (and I certainly am still not entirely aware of how the AI determines it), and I suspect that there are similarly odd decisions in the gaming logic with respect to inserting "repicks" into the draft order as well.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #33
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

Yes.

I think we should just scrap the advanced signing and go back to the old way with compensation only.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #34
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

I don't want talent randomness changed. The good teams aren't supposed to get star players in the draft, the bad teams are.

Even more, I don't like my 20 something year old star player turning into a bench player half way through the season sim.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #35
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Also, I don't sign my 4th and 5th round picks because I don't give a damn about stocking my minors and they're never going to see the majors.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #36
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal_GM View Post
Yes.

I think we should just scrap the advanced signing and go back to the old way with compensation only.

This would also relieve us of having to add another level or supplying instructions for more advanced rookies and allow us to have full control of our lineups again.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #37
spleen1015
Coordinator

I guess I don't understand how it works. In the first round this year, there were 19 picks, yet we only have 16 teams. Did 3 teams not sign their #1 pick last year and they were compensated this year with picks in the 1st round?

I don't like that at all.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:48 AM   #38
spleen1015
Coordinator

I agree with everything Montreal_GM has said.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #39
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief check out this thread around post #25 the discussion started.

FOOL-X 2012 Offseason Thread - Front Office Football Central

Thanks, hyde. I do remember reading that discussion as it happened, although I couldn't pin it down before you linked to it.

I think my issue isn't with talent randomness, which is really more of a workaround for a symptom of the problem, but the actual problem itself--that people aren't signing draft picks--may be affecting talent generation and distribution to a negative effect.

For instance, I went to the 2012 Regular Season thread and viewed the list of picks that didn't sign. I think I recognized a couple in there that are still in the draft now, two drafts later (so they have now been unsigned two years running, and I am talking first & second round talent).

But, as I said, I haven't noticed an increasing talent pool in the draft. The 40th player now seems to be about as good as the 40th player five or ten seasons ago. That tells me that the AI might be including the talent of these "re-picks" in its considerations for generating new talent, and it is generating less of that talent as a result.

For example, let's say the AI generates an average of 20 top players, first round talents.

Four go unsigned. Now 16 can begin their career and their development into major leaguers. The unsigned four go back into the draft.

Now if the AI is doing this right, it should be generating a new group of 20 top players, and than the unsigned four would be there as well. So we should have 24 top players--an increased talent pool (but also increased picks, since the teams which didn't sign their picks get to pick again).

I don't think the AI is doing this, once again, just judging from the similar talent distributions I am seeing from draft to draft. I think the AI is telling itself, "We have four unsigned top players from last year, so we only need to generate 16 new top players to get to our 20". This means the available talent is remaining static, while the number of picks are increasing, which is resulting in a fall of talent relative to draft position.

And this is only further exacerbated as we get further along and more players are unsigned and more picks are added.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:54 AM   #40
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Yuck, what a crazy morning so far. I have 20 minutes till my next meeting. so lets get this going now! Getting exports

Alan, how many times do I have to tell you: FOOL first, THEN work.

Seriously though...sorry about the crazy morning! Hope your day is slowing down and getting a bit better by now.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:58 AM   #41
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
The discussion that the league had and the follow up vote was to leave things as is with the exception of adding a rookie league. I'm working on incorporating it but still doing testing to make sure i get the modifiers correct for that league.

Not that I can speak for everyone, but I think that some people didn't understand all of the ramifications and possible outcomes during that discussion. As we move along and see new elements, it makes sense that people are reopening and questioning.

Question: If you don't sign a fourth or fifth pick, does that give you a supplemental pick for the next season?
Old 07-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #42
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachEnEspanol View Post
Not that I can speak for everyone, but I think that some people didn't understand all of the ramifications and possible outcomes during that discussion. As we move along and see new elements, it makes sense that people are reopening and questioning.

Question: If you don't sign a fourth or fifth pick, does that give you a supplemental pick for the next season?

I haven't checked for certain, but I am pretty sure that you just get your pick back again. So don't sign a fourth rounder, you'll get a second fourth rounder the next year. I am still uncertain how the AI determines where these "re-picks" are palced in the round order, though. I think in MLB, which I presume this is intended to model, the re-pick is either the same pick or one pick behind (so, if you fail to sign the 2nd pick of the 4th round in 2014, you get the 2nd or 3rd pick of the 4th round in 2015; hope that makes sense).

Agree completely on your first paragraph. I know now I didn't fully understand the implications.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #43
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachEnEspanol View Post

No, you get another pick in that round next season.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:05 AM   #44
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I agree with everything Montreal_GM has said.

Thanks. Sorry it took 4 posts to get everything out.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:06 AM   #45
spleen1015
Coordinator

I really see a problem here. I don't think I have signed anyone drafted after the 3rd round since this went in. If that holds, eventually, I would end up with 10 picks in a round.

I'm sure that's the same for other folks.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 07-14-2010 at 11:06 AM.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #46
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Thank you both! That makes more sense to me. But what we have here seems to be too little talent trickling down after that supplemental round so after the first pick and unless you have a supplemental pick, the rest of the draft is relatively pointless (whereas in the past I've been able to start picks 1-3 pretty consistently).
Old 07-14-2010, 11:08 AM   #47
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
I really see a problem here. I don't think I have signed anyone drafted after the 3rd round since this went in. If that holds, eventually, I would end up with 10 picks in a round.

I'm sure that's the same for other folks.

Agreed, that's what it seems like.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:08 AM   #48
spleen1015
Coordinator

Were all 36 of those supplemental picks due to FA signings? That seems like a lot to me.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #49
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Were all 36 of those supplemental picks due to FA signings? That seems like a lot to me.

Same for the other rounds, if someone doesn't sign their supplemental pick they get another pick in the supplemental the next season.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #50
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal_GM View Post
Same for the other rounds, if someone doesn't sign their supplemental pick they get another pick in the supplemental the next season.

Can I be dumb and ask: What the heck IS a supplemental pick and how do you get one?