QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
Still single, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
Nope, about to get married.

Do you walk to school, or carry a lunch?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:45 AM   #102
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

***Spoilers in invisotext..highlight to read*****

Those ABC promos are going on and on about somebody getting all killed on “Lost” tonight, but here’s the real scoop:
TWO die tonight! “And one of the deaths,” we are told by a highly reliable source, “is pretty frigging wicked.”
But none of the regulars die tonight.
We hear that one of the deaths belongs to Steve (of “Steve & Scott” fame). The other death is unspecified, but were I a betting man I’d bet on Claire’s kidnapper, Ethan Rom.
Because Ethan Rom, the other man, knows too much. And because he knows too much, the creators want him dead.
How the rest of the season shakes out:
Episode 15: Homecoming
Feb. 9 (Tonight)
Written by: Damon Lindelof (“Pilot,” “Tabula Rasa,” “Confidence Man,” “Whatever the Case May Be”)
Centered around: Charlie
We learn why Ethan wanted Claire’s baby.
Episode 16: Outlaws
Feb. 16
Written by: Drew Goddard (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “Angel,” “Alias”)
Centered around: Sawyer
We learn of Sawyer’s connection with Jack’s dad.
Episode 17: … In Translation
Feb. 23
Written by Javier Grillo-Marxuach (“House of the Rising Sun,” “Hearts and Minds”) and Leonard Dick ("Fastlane," "Hack," "Tarzan," "Clubhouse").
Centered around: Jin
Sun comes out of the closet.
Episode 18: Numbers
March 2
Written by: David Fury (“Walkabout,” “Solitary,” “Special”) & Brent Fletcher (“Angel”).
Centered around: Hurley
We learn Hurley hit the lottery.
Episode 19: Deus Ex Machina
April 13
Written by: Damon Lindelof (“Homecoming”) and Carlton Cuse (“Hearts and Minds”)
Centered around: Locke
Episode 20: Do No Harm
April 20
Written by: Janet Tamaro (“Line of Fire,” “CSI: New York”)
Centered around: Jack
Episode 21: Sides
April 27
Written by: Leonard Dick (“Numbers”)
Centered around: Sayid
Episode 22
Centered around: Kate
But 22 doesn’t represent season’s end. We confirmed today there are 24 episodes to this supersized first season.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08

Last edited by gottimd : 02-09-2005 at 10:46 AM.
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 11:36 AM   #103
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Very nice. Source?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 11:51 AM   #104
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Thanks, every once in awhile I like to contribute something useful. Its from AICN.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:31 AM   #105
Suicane75
Coordinator

Loved the entire episode last night right up until the ending. I didn't believe in his reason for doing what he did, there was so much more to find out. I do like how certain things are now in play though.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:54 AM   #106
rkmsuf
Head Coach

That was great. Maybe it's me, but they have a way with moments.

The shooting was brilliantly done.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:01 AM   #107
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Good episode, although it did seem like it took them awhile to get to Jack and Ethan fighting, as if they had run 80 miles away from everyone.

Other things I noticed was that, why didn't anyone else pick up the gun that Jack lost right away? Rather than let is sit there for awhile so someone, mainly ethan, would have a chance at getting it?

Isn't the Chinese guy that got hit by the sling some sort of killer for his wifes father? How could he not tell that something was being whirled around rapidly. When the fiance and I watched it, once I heard that noise, I thought to myself, duck, obviously something is about to come right at you that is in the process of being whirled up to be tossed at you.

Didn't the French lady say they were apart of some sort of scientific expedition that crashed there? Is it possible that whomever Ethan is in "Cahoots" with, did some scientific testing on the baby while Claire was in captivity with them, such as injected it with something?

Who the hell is Steve/Scott? I don't even remember him.

Wouldn't you want the guy from "Oz" as a sentry, instead of Boone, who seems to get his ass handed to him almost every episode?

Last edited by gottimd : 02-10-2005 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:02 AM   #108
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Good episode, although it did seem like it took them awhile to get to Jack and Ethan fighting, as if they had run 80 miles away from everyone.

Other things I noticed was that, why didn't anyone else pick up the gun that Jack lost right away? Rather than let is sit there for awhile so someone, mainly ethan, would have a chance at getting it?

Isn't the Chinese guy that got hit by the sling some sort of killer for his wifes father? How could he not tell that something was being whirled around rapidly. When the fiance and I watched it, once I heard that noise, I thought to myself, duck, obviously something is about to come right at you that is in the process of being whirled up to be tossed at you.

Didn't the French lady say they were apart of some sort of scientific expedition that crashed there? Is it possible that whomever Ethan is in "Cahoots" with, did some scientific testing on the baby while Claire was in captivity with them, such as injected it with something?

Who the hell is Steve/Scott? I don't even remember him.

Wouldn't you want the guy from "Oz" as a sentry, instead of Boone, who seems to get his ass handed to him almost every episode?

What are you, jbmagic jr.?
Old 02-10-2005, 08:03 AM   #109
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
What are you, jbmagic jr.?

Am I? Are you? Or am I jbmagic, sr?
Old 02-10-2005, 08:07 AM   #110
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I thought the previews for next week looked weak.

I really have no interest in the Kate/Sawyer monkey love storyline.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:16 AM   #111
moriarty
College Starter

Decent episode last night, but once again ... nothing revealed. I'm losing faith.

So it looked like Ethan had some serious scratches on his face. Looked like some female nails went to town. Was this caused by the pregnant woman ... or perhaps by the French woman who saved the pregnant girl so that she wouldn't be taken by 'the others'.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 10:26 AM   #112
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

I fell asleep and missed most of the episode. Can someon please give me a recap? and was gottimd correct?
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 10:48 AM   #113
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Was I correct on what?
Old 02-10-2005, 10:58 AM   #114
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Was your spoiler accurate? and how about a recap for the ol' clerkster
Old 02-10-2005, 11:35 AM   #115
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Yes it was accurate, and for a recap go here .
Old 02-10-2005, 11:48 AM   #116
mgadfly
High School Varsity

The main story line was this: (if I have time I'll fill in more later)

On the Island Story-line:
Claire returned last episode. The doctor checked her and the baby out. They were fine, but she could not remember anything except getting on the plane and heading to Los Angeles.

Ethan showed up and knocked out the Asian man with a sling shot that hit him in the chest (pretty weak in my opinion). The only other person around was the Charlie. Ethan kicked him around a little and told him to bring Claire to him by sunset or he'd kill someone from the camp. He threatened to kill them one-by-one saving Charlie for last unless he did what he said (if he can get into camp to kill people, why can't he sneak in and get Claire without Charlie's help?). Charlie told the Doc who informed Locke. They decided to tell everyone (except Claire) what was going on. They kept the camps split (in the caves and on the beach) but set up guards. Locke's little shadow (the wimpy dude who has the sister) heard one of their trip-wire alarms go off and ran into the jungle like an idiot (this was morning now). He trips and falls and right when the other guys from the camp get to him they hear a scream from the beach camp.

They return to the beach to find Steve/Scott dead. They theorize that the killer swam in from the water.

The doc meets with Locke who refuses to go into the woods to try and catch Ethan. He says that Ethan is too good and they are on his home turf (you've been on the beach a month, how much longer until it-the local area-is your "home"?). The doc shows him the guns and Locke agrees.

In the meantime, Charlie has lied to Claire (which goes to his flash-back which I haven't gotten to) to keep the fact that Ethan is after her and the death on the beach is related to her return. She figures it out and is pissed with Charlie (who remember, she can't remember at all). She agrees to be the bait in the trap for Ethan.

The doc had four guns. They give one to: The doc, Said, Locke, and Sawyer. Kate wants to go too. Sawyer reveals that he also has a gun that he took off the Marshal and Kate is allowed to come.

They set a trap for Ethan with Claire as the bait and each of the above five within visual range of each other hiding in the jungle. It is getting dark and raining hard. Ethan, comes out of the jungle and heads right for Claire, who freaks and runs for it. Jack is there first but drops his gun. This time Ethan isn't so lucky (maybe the time on the Island has toughened Jack up?) and Jack gets the best of him. He beats him up pretty good and finally the others arrive on the scene. Ethan starts to get up but Sawyer points the gun at him and tells him not to even think about it. That's when Charlie shows up with Jacks discarded gun and blows Ethan away.

Charlie later explains it that he wasn't going to let him get near Claire again.

The Flashback:
We find out that Charlie was a junky (we knew this) and seduced a "chunky" rich girl (who he ends up liking) in order to get into her house to steal stuff. He has second thoughts, but in a moment of weakness (associated with his withdrawal symptoms because he doesn't have money for H) takes an antique from his new girls house.

He gets sick at work (a job where his girl got him a job), and passes out. The medics find the stolen property in his pocket and returns it.

There is a final scene where he apologizes to the girl and tries to explain himself, but she has none of that. She makes a comment (in response to one of his) that he will never be able to take care of anyone (he had told her that he took the job because he wanted to be able to take care of/provide for her). She slams the door in his face.
mgadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 12:39 PM   #117
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Thanks for the recap and nice work on the spoilers. I am now wondering, though, who is Steve/Scott? I have seen all the episodes but I do not remember him/them.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:39 PM   #118
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I am wondering who he is too. I think he had about 3 seconds of air time in the episode that Hurley takes roll call and matches it against the passenger list.

I'm sure gonna miss Steve/Scott. He was the best.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:43 PM   #119
rkmsuf
Head Coach

He's nobody. He was like the guy in Star Trek who joins the away team that isn't a star of the show.

Without offing a key cast member they needed to legitimatize the threat and give imputus to going after Ethan.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:58 PM   #120
mgadfly
High School Varsity

I think if I remember correctly Steve/Scott was a little pissy about being called by the wrong name when Hurley was talking to him to get his information during the census.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:02 PM   #121
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Steve/scott, we hardy new you.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:09 PM   #122
jbmagic
Pro Starter

was Steve/scott on the plane tha crash with the other passengers? or was already on the Island like Ethan?

did he ever had a speaking part?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 05:31 PM   #123
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
was Steve/scott on the plane tha crash with the other passengers? or was already on the Island like Ethan?

If he wasn't on the plane crash and he was on the island with Ethan, then Ethan was a total dumbass.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:42 PM   #124
mgadfly
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic

did he ever had a speaking part?

He probably was on the plane (since the manifest only had one less person than survivors, which accounted for Ethan).

I believe he had a speaking part, though I'm going off memory from whenever that episode aired. I believe what happened was the big guy called him the wrong name and he corrected him. The big guy tried to make an excuse and steve/scott made another one line reply. But it has been a long time and my memory plays tricks on me these days.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:04 AM   #125
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by judicial clerk
If he wasn't on the plane crash and he was on the island with Ethan, then Ethan was a total dumbass.

Old 02-12-2005, 10:49 AM   #126
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

...if this helps any. Here's the actor that plays Steve.

http://imdb.com/gallery/hh/1712435/christianbowman1.jpg

Edit: Linking to imdb pictures doesn't work very well.

Last edited by sovereignstar : 02-12-2005 at 10:52 AM.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 12:15 PM   #127
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
...if this helps any. Here's the actor that plays Steve.

http://imdb.com/gallery/hh/1712435/christianbowman1.jpg

Dude, thats Scott.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 12:48 PM   #128
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
Dude, thats Scott.

http://imdb.com/name/nm1712435/
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 02:32 PM   #129
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The problem with Lost, IMO, is that they are using too many wiriters for the scripts. They are going to have to pull a J. M. Straczynski and write Seasons 2-5 and a half on their own, with just one or two writiers. (Maybe three if necessary.)

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 04:30 PM   #130
Yellow5
High School Varsity

The show follows the plot of Watership Down pretty close. Heck they even show the book in one of the episodes. (Sawyer was reading the book on the beach)

Not sure how long they will be able to keep this up if that was the intent. One thing I don't like about the show is that it can turn into a soap opera at times and it pisses me off. I wanna see more people chased and eaten by monsters.
Old 02-12-2005, 05:51 PM   #131
Pyser
Pro Rookie

the watership down angle is interesting....can someone who is familiar with it please fill us in?
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 06:02 PM   #132
jbmagic
Pro Starter

according to some of the actors and actress on Lost, they know one main character will die on this season final. But no one knows who it will be yet.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:30 PM   #133
CentralMassHokie
High School JV

Quote:

Actually, that's one of my favorite things about Lost so far. They've revealed stuff that makes you think something until they come back and show it to you from another perspective.

We have no real evidence that Jin is a mafia killer. That's been implied, but all we know is that Sun didn't want Jin to work for her dad and that Jin came home covered in blood which was enough to make Sun want to run away (even though she admits to loving him).

So, while it seems to imply that Jin performed some sort of hit for Sun's dad, we really don't know. I suspect will find out in a couple of weeks.
CentralMassHokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 07:31 PM   #134
CentralMassHokie
High School JV

Quote:
according to some of the actors and actress on Lost, they know one main character will die on this season final. But no one knows who it will be yet.

The one false step Lost has taken so far was bringing Charlie back to life. I understand the story reasons for it, but they gave away a little of the capital they had earned with me up to that point.
CentralMassHokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:19 PM   #135
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser
the watership down angle is interesting....can someone who is familiar with it please fill us in?

Here is a summary of the book.

And the list of characters.

I assume they are borrowing from other books as well but this was the one that stands out.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:31 PM   #136
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Anyone notice when Jin went to see that guy and say that his(Jins) Boss was "displeased with him", on the TV that the guys daughter was watching, Hurley was on it, looked like the news or something.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:58 PM   #137
jbmagic
Pro Starter

i was unable to tivo it tonight.

what happen on tonight epsiode? and any shocking news?
Old 02-23-2005, 09:30 PM   #138
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Anyone notice when Jin went to see that guy and say that his(Jins) Boss was "displeased with him", on the TV that the guys daughter was watching, Hurley was on it, looked like the news or something.

Yeah, I totally saw that (had to rewind my Tivo to be sure though). That's like the 3rd or 4th time now two character's pasts have intertwined. Must be finally setting up the Hurley episode.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:34 PM   #139
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
i was unable to tivo it tonight.

what happen on tonight epsiode? and any shocking news?

Spoilers --------------------------

Well, in quick fashion:

Michael dude builds raft.
Someone burns raft at night.
Michael & all others blame korean dude.
Wheelchair/hunter guy blames the 'others'.
Korean woman speaks English to save husband - letting everyone including husband know she can speak English.
Husband dumps Korean girl and helps Michael start rebuilding boat.
Wheelchair/hunter dude reveals to Michaels' kid that he knows kid burned down boat. Kid says he likes the island and wants to stay, wheelchair dude agrees.
Skinny white chick and Iraqi dude hookup
Hurley's batteries run out on CD player
& other misc. backdrop on Korean dudes background.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:35 PM   #140
moriarty
College Starter

edit - sorry for the double post (network problems)

Last edited by moriarty : 02-24-2005 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:16 PM   #141
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralMassHokie
The one false step Lost has taken so far was bringing Charlie back to life. I understand the story reasons for it, but they gave away a little of the capital they had earned with me up to that point.

Well, i'm fine with it, but you just can't do it twice. Bringing the snotty rich bitch back to life (although she was never really in danger) was very annoying, after already having had the Charlie thing take place.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 01:19 AM   #142
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:

Thank you Tivo. Had to do a double take to make sure.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:29 AM   #143
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

See post #102, the next episode is about Hurley. Once Boones sister finds out about Hurley, she is going to be "all up in dat".
Old 02-24-2005, 11:57 AM   #144
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Some Random thoughts:

So, what actually happened to Jin's hands?

I think Saied should turn fundamentalist and make the sister start wearing a burka.

Shouldn't Hurley be dropping a few lbs?

Assuming one of the main characters dies in or near the season finale, who do you think it will be? From a production point of view, i might off the kid just because he is going to age to quickly, although maybe they could put this off for another year and I think the kid is important to the ultimate story.

Why didn't Sawyer reveal his meeting with Party of Five's dad or the contents of their conversation?

One thing I enjoy about the show is that it seems to play like a book. I am not even sure what I mean here, but I like that they producers are taking their time and jumping from storyline to storyline.

If you were in the characters exact situation and you could only pick one character to be there, who would you pick?

(oh, and you couldn't have sex with the character)
Old 02-24-2005, 12:01 PM   #145
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
He beat the crap out of the guy who was going to be killed, saving that guys life.

Quote:
Its TV. Im sure in reality he would, but this isn't reality...just go with the flow.

Quote:
If you were in the characters exact situation and you could only pick one character to be there, who would you pick?
Boones Sister, and Kate (I think that is her name), and hell why not the asian chick.

Quote:
(oh, and you couldn't have sex with the character)
oh, well then, that puts a whole new spin on the question.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:02 PM   #146
Anthony
Banned

i'd probably pick either the korean guy (cuz he can fish) or hurley (because of his passive personality, you don't want 2 chiefs).
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 12:23 PM   #147
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Some Random thoughts:

If you mean the burn marks, his wife said that he got them trying to put out the fire on the raft.

Quote:
I think Saied should turn fundamentalist and make the sister start wearing a burka.
Dont' know what a Burka is but if it means she can't prance around in a bikini ... bad idea. Very bad idea. By the way, nice gratuitous Korean bikini shots last night. Wish they could've used a slightly hotter actress.

Quote:
Seriously, and I mean in real life. That dude isn't going to live long. I think I read somewhere he's a comedian. Anyone verify this and/or seen his act?

Quote:
Assuming one of the main characters dies in or near the season finale, who do you think it will be?
Methinks it's either Hurley (he's just not funny) or the Korean dude (the actor must hate pretending he can't speak English)

Quote:
Why didn't Sawyer reveal his meeting with Party of Five's dad or the contents of their conversation?
He hates Jack. Why tell him that his father really forgives him for what he did. Why not just make him suffer or find a way to use it against him or trade it at some point.

I'd like to be stuck with Kate. Even if I couldn't 'bond' with her, at least I'd have a nice visual image for my daily visit to the 'bushes'.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:23 PM   #148
Swaggs
Coordinator

Jin burnt his hands trying to put the fire out. He was the first one to see it burning.

I think Shannon or Boone are the most likely candidates to get killed. Shannon's budding "love story" might make for some good drama if she were to die.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:41 AM   #149
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Tonight is the Hurley episode, and this is the last new episode for 6 weeks.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:41 AM   #150
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Tonight is the Hurley episode, and this is the last new episode for 6 weeks.

Speaking of Hurley...When is he gonna start shedding the pounds?
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote