General Manager

VOTE PASS
VOTE NIGHTFALL
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:00 PM   #755
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 754:

Passacaglia 2 - ntndeaon (751), hoopsguy (754)
ntndeacon 1 - Passacaglia (752)

Nightfall 1 - hoopsguy (754)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #756
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
VOTE PASS
VOTE NIGHTFALL

???
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:04 PM   #757
Thomkal
Head Coach

LOL Germany is going to suck at Indoor Lacrosse.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:18 PM   #758
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Weekend - Demonstration Sport

Indoor Lacrosse - Non-medal count demonstration sport. All players have returned, even those who have been forced to leave will make an appearance in the events. The times are estimates as my availability will determine the actual times.

The numbers are the skills. The higher the number the better. All were randomly chosen through random.org.

Team USA
Danny – attack 2
Lathum – defense 5
Passacaglia – goallie 4

Team Canada
Schmidty – goallie 5
Kwhit – attack 4
CrimsonFox – defense 1

Team Russia
Poli – defense 4
ntndeacon – attack 1
Telle – goallie 2

Team Germany
Thomkal – goallie 1
hoopsguy – defense 2
Autumn – attack 5

Team Sweden
J23 – goallie 3
Darth Vilus – defense 3
PurdueBrad – attack 3

Schedule
Friday 11:00 PM USA vs. Sweden
Friday 11:00 PM Russia vs. Germany
Saturday Noon Canada vs. Russia
Saturday Noon USA vs. Germany
Saturday 7:00 PM Canada vs. Germany
Saturday 7:00 PM Russia vs. Sweden
Saturday 11:00 PM USA vs. Russia
Saturday 11:00 PM Canada vs. Sweden
Sunday Noon Germany vs. Sweden
Sunday Noon USA vs. Canada

Sunday 7:00 PM Semi Finals
Sunday 11:00 PM 3rd place game & Finals

so dead people can play!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #759
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
so dead people can play!

Yep, for this everyone's going to have a part.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:37 PM   #760
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Game One

USA vs. Sweden

In the 1st quarter the game starts out well for Sweden as they score twice on the power play to take a 2-0 lead but the US defense clamps down from there and the US scores a late goal to make it 2-1 after the 1st quarter.

The second quarter saw the US start out with 3 goals in the first 5 minutes to go up 4-2 but Sweden fought back and scored one on a breakaway and then tied the game on a laserbeam from PurdueBrad and they go to the half tied at 4.

The third quarter got physical as PurdueBrad and Lathum seemed on the verge of dropping the gloves several times. PurdueBrad broke the tie with a wizard like move to score from behind the goal as he went up and over. That would be Sweden's final highlight of the quarter as ths US would score 4 straight to take an 8-5 lead into the final quarter.

The 4th wuarter would be the Passacaglia quarter as Sweden would pepper him with sots over the first half of the quarter but he would make save after save before finally giving up a breakaway goal to make it 8-6. The US would answer back as Danny would score from in front on a behind the back shot to make it 9-6. The defensive battle would continue until an empty net goal by the U late would make it 10-6, the final.

USA 10
Sweden 6
Old 02-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #761
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
???

The seer voted for you today instead of the other guy claiming seer.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:42 PM   #762
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
And hoops that is definitely the most unique reason to miss a lynch that I've ever heard. Hope your kid is okay.

Yeah, no major damage. Just a reason to start laundry tonight instead of waiting for tomorrow, I suppose.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:46 PM   #763
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Game Two

Russia vs. Germany

In a game that would see strenght versus strenth and weakness versus weakness Germany battles Russia. Germany has a very good attack but a poor defense. Russia has a good defense but almost no attack. Neither have a good situation in net.

The first quarter would provide plenty of fireworks from the German attack as they would score 6 times while only allowing a power play goal to Russia. After one they have a 6-1 lead and are looking strong.

The Russian defense would figure out Gemany in the second quarter and would keep the Germans from the open shots that they were getting in the first quarter. The strong defense would lead to a good counterattack that would lead to 4 goals to the Germans' 1 to make the score 7-5 Germany at the half.

The 3rd quarter would start out with neither team being able to do much but then Autumn would step up and put the team on his shoulders with a natural hat-trick to give them a 10-5 lead. Poli would try to get his team back into the game by planting Autumn into the ground as hard as he could, that led to a urnovr and fast break chance for ntndeacon who would bounce on past Thomkal to make it 10-6, which would be the score after the 3rd.

The 4th would start out with Russia scoring twice but the Gemans would go back on the offensive with 5 more (2 empty net goals) for the 15-8 final.

Russia 8
Germany 15
Old 02-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #764
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
The seer voted for you today instead of the other guy claiming seer.

That doesn't seem worthy of a nightfall vote to me. He even said he was voting me for self-preservation -- I can't see how he would let me be on the block, then go off the block, if he thought I was a wolf.

That said, with a bit of a cooler head, I can now say that my vote for NTN is misplaced. I've been annoyed that it seems like he keeps getting saved, and that makes me really suspicious of wolf activity. Now that I'm unvoting him, and since you're attacking me on such thin grounds, you make a good candidate here.

UNVOTE NTNDEACON
VOTE HOOPSGUY
Old 02-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #765
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Lacrosse Standings

Code:
Team W L Germany 1 0 USA 1 0 Canada 0 0 Sweden 0 1 Russia 0 1
Old 02-26-2010, 09:50 PM   #766
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 765:

Passacaglia 2 - ntndeaon (751), hoopsguy (754)
hoopsguy 1 - Passacaglia (764)

Nightfall 1 - hoopsguy (754)
Old 02-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #767
Passacaglia
Coordinator

My vote is of course contingent on the idea that no one has come out to claim the Fool. If someone else does, my trust of NTN goes away pretty quickly.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #768
hoopsguy
General Manager

Such thin grounds? Hopefully you can take advantage of the weekend to come up with better spin than that ...
Old 02-26-2010, 09:55 PM   #769
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Such thin grounds? Hopefully you can take advantage of the weekend to come up with better spin than that ...

Can you explain it to me better, then? You're saying it's because the seer voted for me? But it was a vote, not a scan. I'll read this stuff again tomorrow morning to see if there's more to what you're saying, but at the moment, I just don't see it.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #770
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Actually, I don't mind the vote for pass. I was thinking on my way home about how ntn wasn't attacked by the wolves.

They had to have had their night kill in before darth was
lynched. Two situations arise: they're concerned ntn is the seer and kill him immediately (as kwhit suggested), or they knew he wasn't the true seer.

Since he's still alive, I have to assume that the wolves knew ntn was the fool.

To me, that leaves us with hoops and me.

That or the wolves have really been screwing with us.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #771
hoopsguy
General Manager

FWIW, I really wish Darth as seer would have published his trust list. He clearly challenged NTN's version of events, but I haven't seen anything that shows a trust list. I'm going to dive through his posts to see what I can find that might help with this.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #772
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
My vote is of course contingent on the idea that no one has come out to claim the Fool. If someone else does, my trust of NTN goes away pretty quickly.

I would love for someone else to come out as another "seer" or fool. that would be exactly where my vote would end up
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:02 PM   #773
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I have to say I was surprised to be alive myself. obviously I assumed at least one wolf saw it. and Poli and Hoops have moved back down my personal trust list as well.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #774
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here are my notes on Darth's posts today. I'll continue looking through earlier ones, but I've listed post numbers for people to go back and look at these themselves if curious.

Day 4 -
first post of day, DV replies to Pass (623)

first vote of day, for Pass (668) immediately after challenging NTN seer claim (665)

says vote is self-preservation (674), but he has not committed to being the seer in the thread. Trying to be too tricky here

Replies again to a Pass post (677)

High percentage of DV posts are responding directly to Pass, with or without quoting his text (again 682)

684 - considers my "three plausible scenarios", 1st listing him as seer knowing two wolves "very plausible"

711 - "don't let NTN and Pass get away with it cuz even thought i moved my vote i'm still very supicious of u"
Old 02-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #775
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Here are my notes on Darth's posts today. I'll continue looking through earlier ones, but I've listed post numbers for people to go back and look at these themselves if curious.

Day 4 -
first post of day, DV replies to Pass (623)

first vote of day, for Pass (668) immediately after challenging NTN seer claim (665)

says vote is self-preservation (674), but he has not committed to being the seer in the thread. Trying to be too tricky here

Replies again to a Pass post (677)

High percentage of DV posts are responding directly to Pass, with or without quoting his text (again 682)

684 - considers my "three plausible scenarios", 1st listing him as seer knowing two wolves "very plausible"

711 - "don't let NTN and Pass get away with it cuz even thought i moved my vote i'm still very supicious of u"

I think most of this is reaching, the only exception being the last one. If you don't have any better options, and don't expect to by Monday night, that's fine -- I just got worried that you were up to something crazy when you voted nightfall. Okay, turns out you ARE up to something crazy -- just not as bad as I feared!

711 is definitely a weird post. In all my nervousness that I was going to die, it pretty much slipped past my radar. Was it the case that both NTN and I had votes on him at the time? If so, then I could see what he's talking about.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:08 PM   #776
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I just realized that I won't be able to do a regular schedule for Tuesday. Got told yesterday that I need to go on a trip on Tuesday for a meeting so I have to go to Virginia for the day. Will be pretty much away from very early morning until almost midnight. Might have to make Day Six last from Monday evening until Wednesday. 'll let you know more once I know the times for certain.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:09 PM   #777
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Okay, it looks like my vote was back on NTN at the time -- so that's strange. I really wish he were still alive, so he could clarify that.

Also, I came across post 684, which hoops mentioned. Hoops, you said:

Quote:

FTR, after quoting your post with all three scenarios,he said:

Quote:
Those are all very plausible.

It seems EXTREMELY disingenuous for you to have specifically mentioned the one scenario you want everyone to believe, when he said that they are ALL plausible. Obviously, he was not a wolf, but your third scenario was that he was a villager. I don't think he was trying to drop a hint that he was the seer here. You're probably not trying to be disingenuous here -- it's probably just that it's late and we're both tired -- especially since you again suggest that DV knew the identity of two wolves, and were probably forgetting that NTN is likely the Fool.

While I'm at it, what's up with post 674? He says it's self-preservation. Trying to be too tricky here? Again, you're reaching. I really wish he were here to say if he was scanned.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:10 PM   #778
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I mean, to say who he scanned.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:17 PM   #779
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
I don't think you're the seer, the circumstances don't match up. Why scan martin instead of telle? Wouldn't clearing your team be the first 2 logical scans since u would be able to confide in them that u were the seer? this would help keep u alive longer and allow u to provide your scan results to 2 other people, thus not losing the information in the event of your death.

whoever the real seer is don't reveal just yet.

assuming the real seer scanned one person each day and there are 3 wolves that gives the seer a 50% chance of hitting one of them. More so if there were a conversion (i can't remember). With that ratio i wouldn't put it past the wolves to sacrifice one of there own in order to take out such a powerful player as the seer.

It makes no sense for u to have revealed at thhis time

Wait, DV did give us a hint who he scanned! Hoops, I'm surprised you didn't mention this!! So we can figure he scanned PB and J23 on Days 1 and 2. PB was cleared at the end of Day 2, and J23 was killed Night 2, so both of those scans became pretty useless. There's still Night 3 left. Obviously, I don't know who he scanned then. I do know that he checked in last night, 2.5 hours after deadline. And made a few posts today, before the NTN reveal went down. I don't get how you expect people to believe he found a wolf and didn't say anything -- and I guess that's why I said your attack was on thin grounds, because that seems to be the crux of your argument. And when you back it up with "he was trying to be tricky" that makes it look even thinner.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:32 PM   #780
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'm glad I wasn't around to witness this. Without a doubt, you are all idiots today. I'd like to say exactly how u are but since i'm dead i'm not allowed. The wolves are undoubtedly jumping with joy at what the village has done today. Awesome job guys, awesome job

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:01 AM   #781
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

DV, I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry I wasn't here to try and persuade people.

Here is the scan list for DV:
Me, Danny, Martin/Hoops

None of us came back as a wolf. This helps clear one more person at least. People he was suspicious of and hadn't yet scanned: Thomkal, Telle, and then obviously then ntn and Pass.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:01 AM   #782
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

My vote will be on one of those final four listed.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:04 AM   #783
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
DV, I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry I wasn't here to try and persuade people.

Me, Danny, Martin/Hoops

None of us came back as a wolf. This helps clear one more person at least. People he was suspicious of and hadn't yet scanned: Thomkal, Telle, and then obviously then ntn and Pass.

Good to know -- I can't believe I blanked on the idea that he told his team about it. Do you know why he didn't scan J23?

I'm still on hoops as the cunning unless a better thought comes along, though.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:05 AM   #784
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
My vote will be on one of those final four listed.

Like I said earlier, I think NTN should be off the table, unless someone else reveals as the Fool.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:08 AM   #785
Passacaglia
Coordinator

PB -- When did he give you this info?
Old 02-27-2010, 12:21 AM   #786
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Me, Danny, Martin/Hoops

S'not your fault bro, no worries

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:51 AM   #787
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
so dead people can play!

judging from my defense rating, I think I'm still dead. They've just propped up my corpse in the goal
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:34 AM   #788
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
PB -- When did he give you this info?

I got this info on Friday, early. I thought about holding it back since it only cleared myself, a dead person, and only one other person.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:38 AM   #789
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

If there is no counter-reveal on Seer/Fool, then I won't vote ntn. That leaves me three:

Pass
Telle
Thomkal

I'll vote here now vote Pass
Old 02-27-2010, 07:42 AM   #790
hoopsguy
General Manager

Based on info provided by PB

UNVOTE NIGHTFALL
Old 02-27-2010, 07:46 AM   #791
Danny
Head Coach

I'd like to be placed on the alternate list in case someone else needs to drop out.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:54 AM   #792
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I got this info on Friday, early. I thought about holding it back since it only cleared myself, a dead person, and only one other person.

Okay, I guess that checks out. It doesn't matter much, but I was curious, since it sounds like DV had scanned Danny before he was lynched, and didn't really say anything about it. Another odd move. Granted, he still had to think he might have been the Fool, but there was a 50% chance that he was the Seer and that Danny was good. So he could have at least told you, since you were trusted -- maybe if you had switched your vote from Danny to NTN, things would have gone differently. I guess it wouldn't have mattered much since NTN is likely good, too -- although coincidentally if NTN had died instead of Danny and was revealed as the Fool, DV would have known he was for sure the Seer. On the other hand, if NTN was closer to dying that day, he probably would have revealed then.

Blah, okay, too many what-ifs for a situation that doesn't even matter, since everyone involved is good. Sorry about that, all!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:59 AM   #793
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Me, Danny, Martin/Hoops

Wait a minute...you're going to ignore Poli and KWhit just because DV didn't mention to you that he was suspicious of them? I get that we don't have much to go on right now, and if you want to go with someone else's gut over your own, that's fine, but I don't think those two should slip under your radar -- since you mentioned everyone else in the game but them.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:06 AM   #794
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Based on info provided by PB

UNVOTE NIGHTFALL

This makes me feel a little better about you, though of course I noticed that you left your vote on me. You've got a couple more days to "come up with better spin" on why your vote's still on me, but I think the smart move is to look elsewhere.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #795
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow. I suppose it's for the best that i'm killed as we still don't have power. We're at the library in the next town and I just checked in. This game is getting wild.

Nice skating, thomkal. And go germany in indoor lacrosse!!!! No one stops my scoring.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #796
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
This makes me feel a little better about you, though of course I noticed that you left your vote on me. You've got a couple more days to "come up with better spin" on why your vote's still on me, but I think the smart move is to look elsewhere.

The vote stays for now, but obviously I need to expand the net to look at other players as well.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #797
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Game Three

Canada vs. Russia

A match that looks fairly one sided but offers some interesting matchups. Canada has a very good attack game but Russia's strength is their defense. Canada's defense looks as if they propped a couple corpses up in the defensive zone while Russia's attack is about as threatening as a 5 year old with a whiffle ball bat. In goal however the Canadian's have a huge advantage.

Canada jumps out to the offense quickly as KWhit lights the lamp twice for the 2-0 lead. Russia is able to get 1 back on a power play but Canada answers late in the quarter for a 3-1 lead after the 1st.

The 2nd quarter begins to get very physical. Poli's rough defensive treatment of KWhit eventually leads to them dropping the gloves and going at it. The fight brings the crows to its feet and leaves one of them bloodied. After that settles down and with Poli and KWhit off the floor Canada is able to capitalize on the situation and scored 3 more to go up 6-1. Russia would score a late goal to make it 6-2 at the half.

The 3rd quarter would be all defense forboth sides and each team would exchange just 1 goal to have the game 7-3 Canada going into the 4th and final quarter.

Canada would put their foot on the throat of their opponent and score 4 goals in the first 6 minutes of the final quarter to go up 11-3. Russia would score 2 late goals to mke it 11-5 with under a minute left. A blind-side hit on a Canadian attacker would cause the benches to clear and a brawl to break out. When the dust finally settles the game would end 11-5 with several battered and bruised and warnings issued to both teams.

Canada 11
Russia 5
Old 02-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #798
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Game Four

USA vs. Germany

This game sees the best attacking team against the best defensive team. The biggest difference in this game should be in goal as Team USA has the best goallie in the competition while the German's are struggling to find a goallie which they can count on consistantly.

The German attack starts out the game putting a lot of pressure on the US but Lathum comes up huge and makes several acrobatic saves to keep the game scoreless. Eventually the German attack would score one to take a 1-0 lead. The US would score the next 4, 3 soft goals, to take a 4-1 lead after the 1st quarter.

In the 2nd Danny would make a wonderful no look behind the back pass to lead to a highlight real goal for the 5-1 USA lead. The German's would turn up the heat and manage to score the final 3 oals of the half as the game goes to the half with Team USA up 5-4.

The 3rd quarter would show off the German's weakness on defense and in goal as several breakaways would be allowed and 4 of them would end in the lamp lighting. The Germans would only manage 1 goal in the quarter and the score would be US 9 Germany 5 after the 3rd.

In the 4th the Germans would mount a lightning war attack and score 3 goals in the first 2 minutes of the quarter to get back to 9-8. Two soft goals by the US would make it 11-8. A bad penalty by the US would give the Germans a 2 man advantage and they would score twice to make it 11-10. In the final minute the Germans would pull their goallie and mount an sustained attack. With about 10 second left Lathum would make a save and fired a shot the length of the field for the empty net goal. US pulls it out 12-10.

USA 12
Germany 10
Old 02-27-2010, 01:15 PM   #799
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Lacrosse Standings

Code:
Team W L USA 2 0 Canada 1 0 Germany 1 1 Sweden 0 1 Russia 0 2
Old 02-27-2010, 04:09 PM   #800
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

The 2nd quarter begins to get very physical. Poli's rough defensive treatment of KWhit eventually leads to them dropping the gloves and going at it. The fight brings the crows to its feet and leaves one of them bloodied. After that settles down and with Poli and KWhit off the floor Canada is able to capitalize on the situation and scored 3 more to go up 6-1. Russia would score a late goal to make it 6-2 at the half.

Gee I can't even scare the crows away. Corpses even make lousy scarecrows.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote