Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-10-2007, 05:54 PM   #1
Barkeep49
Coordinator

RL Little League Dynasty

A little background. My friend Steve and I have coached Little League together for 3 seasons now. I am also currently coaching two basketball teams which you can read about. It has been a lot of fun, but low stress as it’s been a house league team so we get a range of players from the very talented to the kid who can barely make contact with the ball.

Today Steve and I interviewed for a position as travel coaches for a U9 HP tournament baseball team. I frankly am NOT excited about the prospect at all. Practices start end of January/beginning of February. We then play our first tournament at the end of April, then on Memorial Day, and then have 3 more in June (so basically every weekend), one on July 4th weekend and then we’re done.

I am not excited because I don’t feel like my baseball skills are up to coaching a travel team. I am not excited because for a little under two months I will have a THIRD team I am going to be responsible for and am going to lose more of my already precious free time. I’m doing this because Steve is incredibly psyched about the prospect.

But maybe we won’t get the job. We interviewed with Brian (basketball boss for me) and Kevin (runs the baseball league Steve and I have volunteered in). I’m not sure how happy Brian was with us. Kevin? Kevin loved us. So my guess is I’ll get a call Friday offering us the job.

And so suddenly rather than having a relaxing winter break as I expected I’m going to be cramming for baseball.

In this space I will be writing about my experience with this travel team, if I get the job, and in the spring about my house league team.

Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Awesome! Sorry that you're not more excited for it; I love taking on new challenges even if it makes me busy.

Hopefully you'll be able to make that choice though!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:50 PM   #3
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan View Post
Awesome! Sorry that you're not more excited for it; I love taking on new challenges even if it makes me busy.

Hopefully you'll be able to make that choice though!
I normally love new challenges, however I've had a whole bunch of new challenges this year and more than anything I feel like I need some relaxation. I'm sure if/when I get into the thick of things I will enjoy it, as I do love the coaching I'm doing now. At the same time though I can't see myself coaching two of these teams next year. So I like what I'm doing but I'm not sure what I've been doing is sustainable.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:13 PM   #4
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Got the call that Steve and I will be coaching the U9 Tourney time. Not too surprising really, but it's official now. I haven't called Steve yet but I'm sure he'll be psyched.