Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #351
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Barkeep, can we have more ensigns than just one? Or can the second officer not train an officer until we lose one?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:15 PM   #352
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Excellent mission folks. Kudos.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:19 PM   #353
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Barkeep, can we have more ensigns than just one? Or can the second officer not train an officer until we lose one?
You may have more ensigns
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:20 PM   #354
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
If I remember right, when the spawn infects you.. it doesn't happen immediately. There is a time period where the doctor can actually cure you if he scans you and finds you infected..

So someone on the away team could have still been infected, even though it does seem likely from that result that no spawn was on the trip.

Right. I meant that there was no original spawn on the mission. I have been assuming that we have 2-3 fully formed spawn with us now based upon the original post by BK. But maybe they're still just spawnlings.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:20 PM   #355
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I know some people are busy with work/RL/etc and haven't had a chance to get in.. We need daytime actions in before 6pm however (I think that is 6pm EST right?)

Some key things still needing to be done is:

Danny to work on Seq HQ
Render and/or Saldana to lead missions

If someone doesn't check in with time to go, I can force the action to make sure it is done...

Barkeep, can I force 3 actions a day, for 1 AP each, or is it a limit of only one use per cycle?
Old 07-08-2008, 12:20 PM   #356
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

excellent mission guys and girls!
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:20 PM   #357
hoopsguy
General Manager

BK, can you clarify on the timetable for spawn infection?

D1 - infected on day trip. Are they immediately considered Spawnling?
N1 - Spawnling at this point?
D2 - Spawnling or Spawn?

Thanks, and sorry if I missed this somewhere in the rules.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #358
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Huzzah for a successful mission!
Old 07-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #359
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Also, BK - does my going on that mission count as my action? I assume it does, and its not like I can do anything else, just curious
Old 07-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #360
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
You may have more ensigns

Maybe the best play here would be for Saldana to lead the mining team of slaves, and Render to not go out today but instead pick someone to train to be an ensign. Then that would give us two ensigns to lead away missions on future days?

Also everyone I believe we also still have to vote for an execution today too.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:29 PM   #361
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Maybe the best play here would be for Saldana to lead the mining team of slaves, and Render to not go out today but instead pick someone to train to be an ensign. Then that would give us two ensigns to lead away missions on future days?

Also everyone I believe we also still have to vote for an execution today too.

Actually the rules say that we may vote for an execution.. not that we have to.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:29 PM   #362
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm hoping that we get the away mission(s) underway quickly so we have time to react to them with our votes and night actions.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:29 PM   #363
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Actually the rules say that we may vote for an execution.. not that we have to.

Well BK asked if we don't want an execution, we still should vote. but we just vote "No execution"
Old 07-08-2008, 12:29 PM   #364
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm hoping that we get the away mission(s) underway quickly so we have time to react to them with our votes and night actions.

Away missions have to be in by 6pm, vote I believe is over at 10pm.. so you will have some time to react at least.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #365
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Well BK asked if we don't want an execution, we still should vote. but we just vote "No execution"

Ah, I see. I missed that part
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:34 PM   #366
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

its cuz i was along

Quote:
A while later the intrepid group returns. There is a smile on the face of Telle as she informs the crew that she has found several sites that seem like they would be promising to dig at. When she points to these sites, the general consensus is that it would have been VERY hard for any exploration mission to have done better.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:01 PM   #367
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, are you planning on taking out some slaves for a mission today?
Old 07-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #368
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
So I think it would be a bad precedence to start with me going in there until I'm cleared.

I agree with this. I scanned KWhit first because of his role in putting together missions and though I'll get to Alan eventually, I think as unintuitive as it sounds that there are better scan targets before the captain.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:07 PM   #369
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I agree with this. I scanned KWhit first because of his role in putting together missions and though I'll get to Alan eventually, I think as unintuitive as it sounds that there are better scan targets before the captain.

Captain = low probability of being spawn, and on the off chance he is it is unlikely he's going to start shoving his weight around early and risk detection, so I agree with this.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:08 PM   #370
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Yes, I suppose that's the safest thing to do.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:08 PM   #371
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

ok, all caught up, and MRIs suck!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:08 PM   #372
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

looks like ive been on a mission, so thats my action? gonna go rearead the beging (again)

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:09 PM   #373
KWhit
Coordinator

On a different subject:

Remember that the engineers can repair at night too. It might make sense for some of them to burn the midnight oil.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:11 PM   #374
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Barkeep, can I force 3 actions a day, for 1 AP each, or is it a limit of only one use per cycle?
You may force 3 actions.

Quote:
BK, can you clarify on the timetable for spawn infection?

D1 - infected on day trip. Are they immediately considered Spawnling?
N1 - Spawnling at this point?
D2 - Spawnling or Spawn?

Thanks, and sorry if I missed this somewhere in the rules.
If someone is infected on the away mission they immeadiately become a Spawnling. They become a Spawn at the start of Day 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Also, BK - does my going on that mission count as my action? I assume it does, and its not like I can do anything else, just curious
Going on an away mission counts for 1 AP, which is all you have.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-08-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:11 PM   #375
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
On a different subject:

Remember that the engineers can repair at night too. It might make sense for some of them to burn the midnight oil.

If we can get the Security HQ fixed today, probably should do the slave pens and cargo holds next I would guess? The engineer team probably wants to coordinate who is fixing what even though it helps map out where people will be we have security guards who can protect the areas.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:13 PM   #376
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

What's our risk of repairing at night as well? We could get exhausted if we do it too often?

Is there any benefit to the engineers not publicly stating which part they repair at night?
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:15 PM   #377
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
If we can get the Security HQ fixed today, probably should do the slave pens and cargo holds next I would guess? The engineer team probably wants to coordinate who is fixing what even though it helps map out where people will be we have security guards who can protect the areas.

Cargo hold isn't broken. I would say Slave Pens and Water Plant as a lesser priority; in the long term it needs to work right so we might as well get the repairs out of the way when we have nothing else urgent. Or we can always put some cycles on the engines.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #378
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
What's our risk of repairing at night as well? We could get exhausted if we do it too often?

Is there any benefit to the engineers not publicly stating which part they repair at night?

You will become tired and more at risk from future spawn attacks if you work all night. At this point though that is a risk that needs to be weighed with reward as it likely would be very useful to at least have 2 points of the slave pens repaired tonight. We have security personnel who can protect various sections though.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:18 PM   #379
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, based on the spawnling/spawn cycle I think it makes sense for us to roll out the same teams tomorrow - as much as they are intact - and have the doctor take a look at one of those people. If they are healthy then they have gotten through two away missions. If they are spawnling, they can probably be cured. And if they are spawn then we are getting rid of an enemy.

I know this is contrary to the plan of scanning the officers. I'm willing to put myself out there for a day trip today if people think I'm angle-shooting with my thought process here.

I would rather be able to interrogate folks during the day than go on missions as we get later into the game but I'll forego that early if needed to allay any potential suspicion about my intentions.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:20 PM   #380
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, if an officer or Path would like to have a PM conversation with me about this let me know and I'll use my action in that direction today. I don't think I have enough in-thread information so far to feel any particular value out of an interrogation.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #381
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post

IIRC, in the last game we made quite a few repairs at night (I was an engineer) -- if we know you've got security in an area then it shouldn't be a problem to announce -- if not or if it's uncertain, then you've basically told the spawn where you'll be for an attack.

That said, I also vaguely remember having it be public where you go to.....
Old 07-08-2008, 01:22 PM   #382
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Good work on that mission guys!!!!

I'm thinking that at this point, we vote No Execution. I have a scan ability or a Spy ability I can use each night...let me know what you'd like me to do tonight and who I should use it on. Until I have reason to believe AlanT has been converted, I'm willing to go along with his directives...

Hoops - I don't have much of an idea on who to give weapons to at this point. If we get HQ repaired today we can worry about it then, otherwise we can figure that out tomorrow...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:22 PM   #383
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, if an officer or Path would like to have a PM conversation with me about this let me know and I'll use my action in that direction today. I don't think I have enough in-thread information so far to feel any particular value out of an interrogation.

We can discuss it if you'd like. My initial thought is that it is better for you to stay on the ship.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:24 PM   #384
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
OK, based on the spawnling/spawn cycle I think it makes sense for us to roll out the same teams tomorrow - as much as they are intact - and have the doctor take a look at one of those people. If they are healthy then they have gotten through two away missions. If they are spawnling, they can probably be cured. And if they are spawn then we are getting rid of an enemy.

I know this is contrary to the plan of scanning the officers. I'm willing to put myself out there for a day trip today if people think I'm angle-shooting with my thought process here.

I would rather be able to interrogate folks during the day than go on missions as we get later into the game but I'll forego that early if needed to allay any potential suspicion about my intentions.

Only problem with this approach is that we're sending 4-6 people out there each day on missions and we can only clear them one at a time. What good does a clear of a random person get us? The only one who it makes sense to me to clear is Render, assuming he leads a team, as it kills two birds with one stone -- and let's face it, there's a good chance he'll get promoted someday.

Otherwise I'd suggest keep clearing the important roles; we can use our early vote record creating lynches on the adventuring privates if need be, as at some point we're going to probably have to start lynching people we don't have good info on. That might happen today, but I'm not sure yet.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:24 PM   #385
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Don't worry about having a conversation with me today if you're considering me on the list. I'm likely leaving close to 6pm anyways to head out with my wife for until after deadline. Plus I've been pretty much stating most of my thoughts.

Also regarding my actions today. I am waiting to see what happens with people whom have not checked in yet. We absolutely need at least 1 more team out before 6pm today, but I would prefer two teams. I don't want to come across as heavy handed though, so asking for people's thoughts...

Are there any strong objections to me ordering Render and a team out to mine as well as ordering Saldana and his team out to mine today if they aren't here by say 5pm to either object to it? Along the same lines, if Danny hasn't checked in before I have to leave I am going to order him to fix the Security HQ. We're 1 person short and that is utterly important.

The only thing I am wondering... do we want to use up Render's AP to take a team out today, or is it better served training a new officer so we can have two full teams to go out daily without using up the Second officer's AP?
Old 07-08-2008, 01:25 PM   #386
hoopsguy
General Manager

Olie, I definitely want to see us hand out weapons if they are available. You get to make the call on this (barring an order) but if it helps I'll provide my suggestions. You probably should change at least one of them as a safeguard against me being a stinking spawn - or just disregard them entirely.

How late are you going to be around today? I want to make sure you have time to get the order in before deadline (6PM, right?)
Old 07-08-2008, 01:27 PM   #387
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
The only thing I am wondering... do we want to use up Render's AP to take a team out today, or is it better served training a new officer so we can have two full teams to go out daily without using up the Second officer's AP?

I would like to see Saldana's team of slaves go out first - asssuming that the other team would still benefit from the exploration by Telle's group. Barkeep, can you confirm that both teams benefit from this, or is it only the next team out?

If both, then Saldana's team goes out first, we see what the results look like, and then can factor that into a decision on how to best use RendeR.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:29 PM   #388
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Only problem with this approach is that we're sending 4-6 people out there each day on missions and we can only clear them one at a time. What good does a clear of a random person get us? The only one who it makes sense to me to clear is Render, assuming he leads a team, as it kills two birds with one stone -- and let's face it, there's a good chance he'll get promoted someday.

Otherwise I'd suggest keep clearing the important roles; we can use our early vote record creating lynches on the adventuring privates if need be, as at some point we're going to probably have to start lynching people we don't have good info on. That might happen today, but I'm not sure yet.

I agree that RendeR, Telle, and the scientists are better scans than the privates following this approach. If we are sending RendeR out today and tomorrow, then it does kill two birds with one stone in terms of trust (exposed guy + promotable guy).
Old 07-08-2008, 01:30 PM   #389
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
We can discuss it if you'd like. My initial thought is that it is better for you to stay on the ship.

You going to be around for awhile? If so, then let's move ahead with a PM chat.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:31 PM   #390
saldana
Pro Starter

sorry i have been away all day...bad day at the office.

i would be happy to take 5 slaves out for mining duty...can an officer please confirm for me that is what you want me to do.

also, if we mine, where are we going to put it...the hold is full and we havent used up any water yet.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:32 PM   #391
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

It looks like the hold can hold 125, and we only have a 100 water. We can't hold much crys, but some is better than none.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #392
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I agree that RendeR, Telle, and the scientists are better scans than the privates following this approach. If we are sending RendeR out today and tomorrow, then it does kill two birds with one stone in terms of trust (exposed guy + promotable guy).

In the grand scheme of things the scientists ultimately seem expendable, too. It's an ability that is useful but isn't game breaking, ultimately. Sadly this also makes most of us engineers ultimately somewhat expendable, but at least I don't have to go outside :P
Old 07-08-2008, 01:36 PM   #393
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
sorry i have been away all day...bad day at the office.

i would be happy to take 5 slaves out for mining duty...can an officer please confirm for me that is what you want me to do.

also, if we mine, where are we going to put it...the hold is full and we havent used up any water yet.

Yes, please go ahead and go on a mission if you are willing to lead one.

As for where it will go, BK mentioned in the rules that if the hold is full, we will dump out water to make room for the Crystlium that is brought back.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:36 PM   #394
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
In the grand scheme of things the scientists ultimately seem expendable, too. It's an ability that is useful but isn't game breaking, ultimately. Sadly this also makes most of us engineers ultimately somewhat expendable, but at least I don't have to go outside :P

At least I get fresh (albeit, spawn-filled) air!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #395
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yes, please go ahead and go on a mission if you are willing to lead one.

As for where it will go, BK mentioned in the rules that if the hold is full, we will dump out water to make room for the Crystlium that is brought back.

I saw that too - does that mean we get to decide to dump out water if we want or we automatically dump out water?
Old 07-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #396
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The Cargo Hold The Cargo Hold houses Crystlium and Water. The game begins with the Cargo Hold full of Water. If the Cargo Hold does not have enough room to house any harvested Crystlium water will be automatically dumped out. If the Cargo Hold is damaged nothing may be taken in or out. Further, if the Cargo Hold is damaged in Space some of the contents of the cargo hold will leak out after each cycle (night AND day). A successful spawn attack requires 3-6 man cycles of repair time.

ie: see above
Old 07-08-2008, 01:39 PM   #397
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I saw that too - does that mean we get to decide to dump out water if we want or we automatically dump out water?
As Alan quoted it is automatic.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #398
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
At least I get fresh (albeit, spawn-filled) air!

I imagine this planet as some kind of really humid jungle world. Even without the spawn I think I'd rather stay inside like a good engineer. Daylight = evil.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #399
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I imagine this planet as some kind of really humid jungle world. Even without the spawn I think I'd rather stay inside like a good engineer. Daylight = evil.

That is funny because I imagine the exact opposite.. like a desert/hilly wasteland where we have to mine for crystlium in.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:46 PM   #400
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
That is funny because I imagine the exact opposite.. like a desert/hilly wasteland where we have to mine for crystlium in.

They didn't do a lot of those on Star Trek, so that comes less readily to mind for me