Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-27-2019, 08:10 PM   #18751
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
haha, that is great.

hope he showed you a good one of me

Yup, I now know what you and your beautiful family look like lathum, our online relationship can never be the same again.

I also mentioned that the the only other time I came close to meeting an FOFcer was when you and I were at the the same football game in Seattle, but I was with my parents so there wasn't really an opportunity to meetup.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:14 PM   #18752
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Yup, I now know what you and your beautiful family look like lathum, our online relationship can never be the same again.

Thank you for that, very kind and my kids clearly take after my wife.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:36 PM   #18753
PilotMan
Head Coach

molson was great. He's like the 7th(ish?) FOFCer I've been able to meet. Not as murdery as some people might think.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:05 PM   #18754
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

That's awesome.

FYI, molson, I'm likely to be in the Boise area the middle.of September if you want to meet up.

We'll just get a steady stream of FOFCers to visit you in Idaho haha.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 01:17 AM   #18755
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
That's awesome.

FYI, molson, I'm likely to be in the Boise area the middle.of September if you want to meet up.

We'll just get a steady stream of FOFCers to visit you in Idaho haha.

Absolutely - I'm here most of September, give me a heads up if you make it to town.
Old 08-28-2019, 02:19 AM   #18756
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
molson was great. He's like the 7th(ish?) FOFCer I've been able to meet. Not as murdery as some people might think.

Hey I know this guy too...funny how he gets around so much
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:40 AM   #18757
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

So my old watch used to give me a very accurate reading on steps I walked. (Usually averaged right around 10,000 a day) My new watch clearly is not counting correctly. I get about 14-15K and I haven't changed any of my routines at all.

What is it about human nature that makes me somehow feel like I am accomplishing more when it says 15000?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:04 PM   #18758
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
So my old watch used to give me a very accurate reading on steps I walked. (Usually averaged right around 10,000 a day) My new watch clearly is not counting correctly. I get about 14-15K and I haven't changed any of my routines at all.

What is it about human nature that makes me somehow feel like I am accomplishing more when it says 15000?

The old one was clearly wrong...
Old 08-28-2019, 02:38 PM   #18759
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Not as murdery as some people might think.

Honestly, given how many people think or ask if I've ever killed someone, that probably applies more to me.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 06:03 PM   #18760
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Thought of an idea for a game show. Call it anaphylaxis. Take someone who is allergic to, say, peanuts. They have to take a candy from a jar. for every 5 M&Ms there is one reeses pieces. Every candy they eat successfully they get money. If they eat one and go into shock they can choose to give portion of the winnings back for an epi pen or ride it out.

Ratings gold.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:41 PM   #18761
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Did you know Marty Robbins drove NASCAR in a rented 1981 Buick?

Marty Robbins - Wikipedia
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 09-05-2019 at 03:42 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:09 AM   #18762
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I'm at my kid's karate studio, and they are playing Aerosmith as background music. I'm listening to Janie's Got A Gun for the first time in forever. I had forgotten/never realized how much of a pop song that was. In my memory, the music & tempo were a lot darker (to match the lyrics). In reality, it's basically a workout song.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:10 AM   #18763
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post

This is the highest and best use of this thread.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:14 PM   #18764
molson
General Manager

Do people switch their satellite or internet provider based on pushy jackasses who come to their door? I guess they must.

Also, I don't believe that your dad went to the school depicted on my shirt when I opened the door. Shut the fuck up.

Last edited by molson : 09-07-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:10 AM   #18765
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I bought a laptop this spring. Barely used it. Might be 4-6 months since I’ve opened it. This has to be the longest stretch I’ve gone without using a computer in 20 years. Crazy to think about.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:24 PM   #18766
cuervo72
Head Coach

I'm kinda wondering if someone told Norah O'Donnell "hey, maybe try sexing it up a bit" before tonight's broadcast.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:16 PM   #18767
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Well goodbye to Justin Trudeau being a liberal hero

Justin Trudeau: Canada PM in 2001 'brownface' yearbook photo - BBC News
Old 09-20-2019, 01:39 PM   #18768
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Having now seen one in person, I'm pretty sure that the assembly / disassembly required (per the manual) with an Instapot amounts to more time than I normally spend in a kitchen in 2-3 weeks. And that's every time you use it? Bwahahahaha.

Hell, reading the manual the first time through was probably 2 weeks worth of my usual kitchen time. This looks like it was designed by Ikea.

"Timesaver" my ass.

And, yes, it's already back in the box ready to be returned. That's about as immediate a hard NO as I've seen in a while
Old 09-20-2019, 02:01 PM   #18769
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Having now seen one in person, I'm pretty sure that the assembly / disassembly required (per the manual) with an Instapot amounts to more time than I normally spend in a kitchen in 2-3 weeks. And that's every time you use it? Bwahahahaha.

Hell, reading the manual the first time through was probably 2 weeks worth of my usual kitchen time. This looks like it was designed by Ikea.

"Timesaver" my ass.

And, yes, it's already back in the box ready to be returned. That's about as immediate a hard NO as I've seen in a while

I love mine. That being said you should try an air fryer if you’re looking for convenience. Mine is awesome.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:03 PM   #18770
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post

I remember watching a special on Marty Robbins and it talked about this. In fact, at one point he actually won a race, and after the race was over several of the other drivers were complaining to the NASCAR officials that there was something wrong, there was no way Robbins should have been that fast. At which point he walked in and announced that he had cheated. He said he just wanted to know what it felt like to beat the Richard Pettys' of the world.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:08 PM   #18771
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So I did my first transaction on Facebook marketplace. We have an old sectional that is too big for the room it is in so we bought something new and just want to get rid of it. Listed it for free. Within 10 minutes 2 people wanted it so I went with the first. They were supposed to come for it last night, I had to write her to see where she was once it got late, she said her husband got stuck at work and asked if she could come today. I said fine what time, she said noon, I said OK. Well, it's now 4:00 and nothing. I wrote her over an hour ago to see whats up, nothing back. Facebook check shows she saw the message. WTF is wrong with people?

So I just wrote the other person to see if they still want it, and now I'm stressed because I don't want a problem with the original person.

I'm too old for this shit.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:18 PM   #18772
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
I remember watching a special on Marty Robbins and it talked about this. In fact, at one point he actually won a race, and after the race was over several of the other drivers were complaining to the NASCAR officials that there was something wrong, there was no way Robbins should have been that fast. At which point he walked in and announced that he had cheated. He said he just wanted to know what it felt like to beat the Richard Pettys' of the world.

Awesome!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:22 PM   #18773
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
So I did my first transaction on Facebook marketplace. We have an old sectional that is too big for the room it is in so we bought something new and just want to get rid of it. Listed it for free. Within 10 minutes 2 people wanted it so I went with the first. They were supposed to come for it last night, I had to write her to see where she was once it got late, she said her husband got stuck at work and asked if she could come today. I said fine what time, she said noon, I said OK. Well, it's now 4:00 and nothing. I wrote her over an hour ago to see whats up, nothing back. Facebook check shows she saw the message. WTF is wrong with people?

So I just wrote the other person to see if they still want it, and now I'm stressed because I don't want a problem with the original person.

I'm too old for this shit.

you don't owe them shit.

Tell them you moved on and they can fuck off.

Like Steam?

Old 09-20-2019, 03:30 PM   #18774
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
you don't owe them shit.

Tell them you moved on and they can fuck off.

Yeah. I'm just too nice about this shit.

I poked around the other girls facebook profile. Appears she is a die hard Trump supporter. Not sure I can give someone like that my couch.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:42 AM   #18775
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Imo “free” is probably not the way to go. List it for like 50$ and then they’ll probably actually show. And you can just give them their money back or donate it or buy a fuckton of grubhub Taco Bell.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:44 AM   #18776
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Which Insta pot is complicated? Mine has like 2 parts. Makes a kickass beef stew in like 40 minutes.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:21 AM   #18777
PilotMan
Head Coach

The Mrs made a FB Marketplace listing with a little something extra that wasn't really related to the item. Side by side, a little shocking, and really out of place, but her Insta (and mine) have more revealing pics than that one. Even still, I bet the neighbors were really caught off guard. She turned about 30 shades of red, and we'll spend the rest of the day laughing about it.

Like Steam?

Old 09-23-2019, 09:35 PM   #18778
Edward64
Head Coach

This girl makes me sick.

https://dynaimage.cdn.cnn.com/cnn/an...-zoomed-in.mp4

Last edited by Edward64 : 09-23-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 02:58 AM   #18779
RendeR
Coordinator

Oh do tell.....
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:12 AM   #18780
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

God forbid a kid cut through the ignorant bullshit from politics.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:23 AM   #18781
Edward64
Head Coach

Its not the message, its the delivery. Piers sums it up well for me.

PIERS MORGAN: Greta's a young drama queen, but Trump must stop mocking her and start listening | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
If you’re a liberal, she’s a brilliantly passionate teenage firebrand single-handedly saving the planet and torching useless politicians with much-needed fire.

If you’re a conservative, she’s a whining, crying, annoyingly self-righteous weirdo who is massively exaggerating the imminent threat posed by climate change and just ‘doesn’t get it’.
:
:
To many, the double whammy of her excoriating speech and savage scowl was heroic.

To a point, I agree.

Notwithstanding all the over-the-top thespian histrionics, it achieved the massive media attention she craved, and her message is important.

But I also found it very uncomfortable viewing.
:
:
She’s quite clear too that she wants fellow teenagers to share that fear and pain.

And that’s where I have a problem with Greta.

On the science, I agree with her: climate change is a very real and present threat and our world leaders must all do more to combat it.

But her end-of-the-world-is-nigh ranting rhetoric is terrifying millions of young people to an extent that eco-anxiety is massively increasing as a stress disorder.

To put it bluntly, Greta’s made almost her entire generation think they’re about to die.

And she doesn’t really have any answers for what they can do about it.

Asked by a journalist from The Atlantic this week what young people like her should actually DO to combat climate change, she replied: ‘They can do everything. There are so many ways to make a difference.’

Sure, but specifically what?

When pressed, she suggested joining an activist movement and if you’re old enough, voting.

Well yes, that much is obvious.

But Greta doesn’t have much else to offer the debate; she just wants us to ‘listen to the science’.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:25 AM   #18782
molson
General Manager

She's gotten climate change on the front page of newspapers and news sites, something that doesn't happen very often. If she actually inspires her generation to be concerned enough to do something, well, it will probably be too late anyway, but, it's better than the alternative.

"Listen to the science" is a good message, it's a message that a shocking number of people in our country aren't willing to adhere by. Normalizing the concept is a good thing.

Last edited by molson : 09-24-2019 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:49 AM   #18783
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
She's gotten climate change on the front page of newspapers and news sites, something that doesn't happen very often. If she actually inspires her generation to be concerned enough to do something, well, it will probably be too late anyway, but, it's better than the alternative.

"Listen to the science" is a good message, it's a message that a shocking number of people in our country aren't willing to adhere by. Normalizing the concept is a good thing.

This.

And the way she is going about it is obviously drawing more attention to the issue. Who listens to the well behaved and demure activists?
Old 09-24-2019, 10:18 AM   #18784
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Though, I just realized that perhaps one reason people are responding negatively to her tone is because she's autistic - and autistic folks tend to express themselves very brashly.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:29 AM   #18785
miked
College Starter

Quote:

Maybe because you are ignorant and part of the problem?
Old 09-24-2019, 10:32 AM   #18786
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

The conversation on climate change has been shut down by no-nothings like the president and any data to prove such concerns are dismissed routinely.

She’s genuine on her fears and agrees there are kids/people worse off.

Fuck Piers Morgan. If seeing her shame adults makes you uncomfortable, I say good.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:42 AM   #18787
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post

Fuck Piers Morgan. If seeing her shame adults makes you uncomfortable, I say good.

Exactly. I'm sick of these old, white, men telling younger generations to sit down because THEY KNOW whats best for them, and a kid couldn't possibly understand.

Womens rights, college tuition, climate change, etc...What is so bad about the people who have to deal with the fallouts be the ones who have a voice about it?
Old 09-24-2019, 10:44 AM   #18788
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Maybe because you are ignorant and part of the problem?

Nah, its the whiny west coast liberal, wine sipping elitist attitude.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:46 AM   #18789
molson
General Manager

Even if you don't believe in science, the progression of the debate is pretty telling.

For years, the debate was, is climate change happening?

Than finally most agreed it was (there will always be the fringes). Then the debate became, is climate change man-caused?

Then finally most agreed climate change was occurring and is mad-made. Then the debate became, how big a problem is this, and what should we do about it, if anything? And I guess a tangent to that is old straggling climate change deniers fighting with children for some reason.

Edit: Already a majority of Americans believe that climate change is a threat and that action should be taken to combat it now. And obviously that majority is much bigger in other countries. We know that majority beliefs don't often actually cause action in the U.S. But the "debate" continues to evolve, always in the same direction.

Last edited by molson : 09-24-2019 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:49 AM   #18790
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Nah, its the whiny west coast liberal, wine sipping elitist attitude.

You're supporting Piers Morgan and are mad a child. I can't think think of what's more elitist than that.

Last edited by molson : 09-24-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:53 AM   #18791
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Even if you don't believe in science, the progression of the debate is pretty telling.

For years, the debate was, is climate change happening?

Than finally most agreed it was (there will always be the fringes). Then the debate became, is climate change man-caused?

Then finally most agreed climate change was occurring and is mad-made. Then the debate became, how big a problem is this, and what should we do about it, if anything? And I guess a tangent to that is old straggling climate change deniers fighting with children for some reason.

Most will agree with the message that something needs to be done about climate change. Being whiny and berating adults (at the direction of other adults) doesn't work for me.

Be more like Malala.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:54 AM   #18792
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I still don't understand what he is upset about?

Is it because Piers Morgan said she is worrying other kids her age? Seems like a strange hill to die on?

Instead of quoting Piers how about you use your own words to explain why you are so worked up?

Last edited by Lathum : 09-24-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:55 AM   #18793
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
You're supporting Piers Morgan and are mad a child. I can't think think of what's more elitist than that.

Think harder?

Last edited by Edward64 : 09-24-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:55 AM   #18794
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Most will agree with the message that something needs to be done about climate change. Being whiny and berating adults (at the direction of other adults) doesn't work for me.

Be more like Malala.

You're also berating adults, and children. Except without any productive purpose.

What makes you more superior to those people that care about this? Being uneducated? Having a shitty job (or whatever your definition of not being "elite" is?)

Last edited by molson : 09-24-2019 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:56 AM   #18795
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The adults deserve to be berated.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:56 AM   #18796
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Malala has berated quite a few adults actually. And a lot of her enemies have said that she was doing so at the direction of her father.

So it seems like Greta may share some things with Malala.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:57 AM   #18797
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Sailing around in a 60 foot solar powered yacht?
Old 09-24-2019, 10:58 AM   #18798
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Malala has berated quite a few adults actually. And a lot of her enemies have said that she was doing so at the direction of her father.

So it seems like Greta may share some things with Malala.

Appreciate a YT video or quote?
Old 09-24-2019, 11:00 AM   #18799
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

So yesterday I was driving home from work, and, suddenly, a tire was coming at me.

Turns out that a car going the opposite way lost its front driver's side tire, which then crossed into oncoming traffic (me). I tried to get out of the way, but it hit my left front fender/bumper/tire.

I'm fine (airbag did not deploy). And now we wait to see if the car is totaled or can be repaired (the other guy had insurance, which is nice).

I imagine that I can drive for another 100 years and not have that particular accident happen again.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:02 AM   #18800
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
You're also berating adults, and children. Except without any productive purpose.

What makes you more superior to those people that care about this? Being uneducated? Having a shitty job (or whatever your definition of not being "elite" is?)

Really, my comments have risen to this level?
Quote:
Berate: scold or criticize (someone) angrily.

Second paragraph is a red herring.

Last edited by Edward64 : 09-24-2019 at 11:03 AM.