Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-24-2019, 02:15 PM   #18851
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

Plenty of other examples where her "disorder" does not prevent her from communicating as a whiny kid.

This makes me so angry. Maybe you will someday have a kid on the spectrum and you will understand the challenges in communicating in certain situations and the volatility it entails.

People like you afraid to give up even a little power are completely drowning out her message by being critical of the delivery, while claiming not to be doing that.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 02:18 PM   #18852
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
You’re a Russian plant or a robot. Regardless *wignored*

It's not a coincidence that this general round of backlash happened immediately after Trump instructed his followers to be annoyed and gave them permission to mock a child. That was going to rile up the plants, bots, and sheep.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 02:33 PM   #18853
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
It's not a coincidence that this general round of backlash happened immediately after Trump instructed his followers to be annoyed and gave them permission to mock a child. That was going to rile up the plants, bots, and sheep.

I mean literally I saw the original “this makes me mad” post and I thought that there’s no way he’s a big enough tool to be mad about a footnote of a 16 year old girl and sure enough...
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 02:42 PM   #18854
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
You said that not me.

Although it would be preferable to blocking traffic and causing gridlocks like activists are in DC are trying to do(not that the city needs the help). Cause idling cars are wonderful for the environment right?

But I have a hunch these protest are more about feeling good than actually doing good.

However if the kids actually end up doing something productive then bully for them.

Just putting your view into words
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 02:58 PM   #18855
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
This makes me so angry. Maybe you will someday have a kid on the spectrum and you will understand the challenges in communicating in certain situations and the volatility it entails.

People like you afraid to give up even a little power are completely drowning out her message by being critical of the delivery, while claiming not to be doing that.

I don't have a child on the spectrum but my wife has worked with autistic children for 8+ years now so I hear quite a bit about challenges with the child and also parents. I don't claim to be an expert (don't think you can be unless you live it everyday).

But no, I don't believe all kids (autistic or not) should have a UN stage and when they do have the privilege, they should not berate.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 02:59 PM   #18856
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
You’re a Russian plant or a robot. Regardless *wignored*

Feel free not to participate in the next HoN. I'll find a Russia provocateur in your honor.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:00 PM   #18857
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
Just putting your view into words

Not quite
Old 09-24-2019, 03:05 PM   #18858
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Not quite

You're articulation is lacking, so I'm going with my assessment, unless you prove me otherwise, but I've seen enough of your posts to know how you lean.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 09-24-2019, 03:08 PM   #18859
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

But no, I don't believe all kids (autistic or not) should have a UN stage and when they do have the privilege, they should not berate.

Then it goes back to what Sloppy says. If you think she is making a choice to speak that way you have zero understanding on her "disorder" as you say
Old 09-24-2019, 03:15 PM   #18860
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Then it goes back to what Sloppy says. If you think she is making a choice to speak that way you have zero understanding on her "disorder" as you say

There's plenty of evidence to show she is able to speak/give speeches in non-confrontational ways (see link above).

Did she choose to speak that way or was it autism, unsure. Maybe reschedule if she was having a bad day.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:16 PM   #18861
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't have a child on the spectrum but my wife has worked with autistic children for 8+ years now so I hear quite a bit about challenges with the child and also parents. I don't claim to be an expert (don't think you can be unless you live it everyday).

I'm going to assume all those kids in cages at the border are in your mind really whiny.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:23 PM   #18862
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
I'm going to assume all those kids in cages at the border are in your mind really whiny.

Low blow. But that's okay, its how this board is sometimes, gotta roll with it.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:35 PM   #18863
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
There's plenty of evidence to show she is able to speak/give speeches in non-confrontational ways (see link above).

Did she choose to speak that way or was it autism, unsure. Maybe reschedule if she was having a bad day.

You really don’t understand how it works.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:36 PM   #18864
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
You really don’t understand how it works.

Please elaborate so you can educate me?
Old 09-24-2019, 03:38 PM   #18865
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Dola- she could be having the best day ever and one little trigger could go off and her attitude could totally change. To simplify it by saying reschedule if she is having a bad day shows your ignorance on the subject. It’s not a stomach virus.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:40 PM   #18866
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

You ruined my dola. I’m on my phone, actually at my sons OT, and it’s annoying to type a lot. Basically you acting like it’s something she can control or her parents or handlers can predict shows you don’t really understand how the disorder works.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:41 PM   #18867
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Low blow. But that's okay, its how this board is sometimes, gotta roll with it.

You kind of sign a bit whiney yourself.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:45 PM   #18868
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
You kind of sign a bit whiney yourself.

Must be because you are racist.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:50 PM   #18869
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

IBTL
Old 09-24-2019, 04:08 PM   #18870
molson
General Manager

Quote:
IBTL

This thread is almost 10 years old. I believe that makes it unlockable under the global unified moderation standards.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:08 PM   #18871
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
IBTL

Pretty sure we've jumped the shark on this one.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:37 PM   #18872
cuervo72
Head Coach

Fuck, y'all really riled the troll today, didn't you?
Old 09-24-2019, 04:58 PM   #18873
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Fuck, y'all really riled the troll today, didn't you?

The Ad Ho is back
Old 09-24-2019, 05:00 PM   #18874
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I don't think Edward64 will accept a banning
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:11 PM   #18875
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I don't think Edward64 will accept a banning

Actually don't think I started with the personal attacks on other members here but I'll accept the good judgement of the mods, np.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:18 PM   #18876
RendeR
Coordinator

SO I go for a walk every night about 2 hours into my shift and tonight the guys and I were discussing the impeachment thing. Somewhere along the way one of them comes out that he voted for Trump because he honestly believed Hillary was a bigger evil than Trump and would have gotten us into a war within months of taking office.

I was just kind of mind blown.

I mean, a professed liberal, stating this.
Even if you detest both individuals running, why vote against your own best interests (liberal voting conservative)

How or where do you become so blinded to the reality of What Trump is, was, and always has been that you would vote that way against like...anyone...

I mean shit, I'd probably vote for Hitler over trump, at least Hitler was predictable in his asshattery.

Thank you for your time and attention, I've relieved the pressure on my brain and must resume working now.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 12:35 AM   #18877
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I completely understand. It is the same reason I would have considered Sanders. Also, Trump was all for us pulling out overseas, Hillary is a bit more of a hawk, certainly more so than the other Democrats. If you were worried about a war starting, I can see opting for Trump there, war does tend to be bad for business.

In my case with Sanders, I figured Congress would not let him get anything done, as compared to Hillary, who would be able to get Congress in line.

I am surprised Trump was able to get the Republicans behind him, because I figured the establishment would try to make sure an insurgent campaign would not happen again.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 07:17 AM   #18878
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I wonder what my own handshake feels like
Old 09-25-2019, 07:42 AM   #18879
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

Figured you had that solved at 14.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:22 AM   #18880
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:

You can approximate this by inverting one of your hands (and the office now thinks I'm nuts probably)

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:19 AM   #18881
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Why do people get a dog, and then do nothing but leave the dang thing outside and ignore its barking all day?

Dog in question is our neighbor's across the street. After it starts going, mine start going because they are letting me know something is wrong with Benny (neighbor's dog), etc., etc.
Old 09-26-2019, 12:08 PM   #18882
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Why do people get a dog, and then do nothing but leave the dang thing outside and ignore its barking all day?

Dog in question is our neighbor's across the street. After it starts going, mine start going because they are letting me know something is wrong with Benny (neighbor's dog), etc., etc.

I guess they just think of a dog as any other toy they get bored of after a while - a boat, game console, or exercise bike that collects dust.

It makes me sad.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:04 PM   #18883
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Fewer things are more annoying than the person who checks your receipt as you leave Costco taking their job too seriously.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:25 PM   #18884
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Fewer things are more annoying than the person who checks your receipt as you leave Costco taking their job too seriously.

I don't know. The person at Wal Mart who does the same thing. Like, I just spent $200 bucks and I've got a cart full, and it all doesn't fit in bags, but a lot of it is, and they feel like they have to check all of it. I am under no obligation to stand there, so I just walk past, and then they have to fuss at me to stop, and I give them shit for like 2 minutes because it's total bullshit.

I guess that's part of my asshole personality, but there's no rule, law, or anything else, that says that I need to do that, especially after being there for 2 hours, waiting in a 20 minute line, or what have you. I know they are just 'doing their job', but fuck that and fuck them.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 09-26-2019 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:32 PM   #18885
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Tbf, for Costco they aren't checking to see if you are stealing; they are checking to see if you've been overcharged by the cashiers:

Why Does Costco Check Receipts When People Leave the Store?

Former Costco Employee Responds To Man Who Refuses To Show Membership Card Or Have Receipt Checked – Consumerist

And with Costco, unlike Walmart, showing your receipt is part of your membership requirement.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:36 PM   #18886
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I guess that's part of my asshole personality, but there's no rule, law, or anything else, that says that I need to do that,

Actually, virtually all (possibly literally all) states have some degree of leeway for merchants to check for shoplifting. And in many, yes, they can physically detain you until police arrive.

Far better to let them check the bags, that's a lot quicker than waiting on the cops to arrive. Unless of course it's like WM here, where there's a police precinct inside the store.

We probably average 2-3 shoplifting videos a week around here, asking for the public's help in identifying thieves who weren't detained when they left. If anything, it seems that retailers aren't aggressive enough in checking that shit.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:49 PM   #18887
molson
General Manager

Stores do have the authority, just like police, to detain people upon reasonable suspicion of shoplifting, and even to use reasonable force to effectuate that detention if there's resistance. That wouldn't cover blanket or random suspicion-less receipt checks. Though of course they can always try, they just probably can't detain you. But maybe Lathum and Pilotman are just generally suspicious....

Edit: Where shit can get bad, just like with police encounters, is when a store employee DOES have reasonable suspicion, but the customer doesn't think the employee has any authority to stop them. Most employees will not get physical (and their store policy probably forbids it), but, the state statues JIMGA refers to would allow them to as long as the force remained reasonable in light of the resistance/threat etc.

I always got checked if I didn't carry my stuff in a bag, but never got checked as long as it was in a bag. Seemed an interesting loophole.

Last edited by molson : 09-26-2019 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:50 PM   #18888
PilotMan
Head Coach

Look if they want to watch me walk from the checkout, with a cart full of bags, and figure that I've stolen, then I don't have to shop there and I can still give them shit for it the entire time. It's a total imposition. If it's such an important thing, then maybe they need to make a TSA style security to leave? No patience for that sort of thing. Besides if you believe that your losses are coming from unbagged boxes, in plain sight, in a basket with paid items, then they are just wrong. Didn't the cashier just bag the entire order and check all of it? It's just one of those things I can't stand.

Like Steam?

Old 09-26-2019, 01:54 PM   #18889
PilotMan
Head Coach

This might go back to my general anger over almost getting in a fistfight (in front of the Mrs) with a WM employee in the grocery section a few years back, and just never getting over it?

Like Steam?

Old 09-26-2019, 02:04 PM   #18890
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Besides if you believe that your losses are coming from unbagged boxes, in plain sight, in a basket with paid items, then they are just wrong. Didn't the cashier just bag the entire order and check all of it? It's just one of those things I can't stand.

Read what I posted about Costco. It's not really about shoplifting.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:04 PM   #18891
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Read what I posted about Costco. It's not really about shoplifting.

At WM is definitely is though.

Like Steam?

Old 09-26-2019, 02:06 PM   #18892
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

WM has bagged boxes generally .

Also I totally can believe WM may have shoplifting issues.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:08 PM   #18893
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Besides if you believe that your losses are coming from unbagged boxes, in plain sight, in a basket with paid items, then they are just wrong.

You just described virtually every "police are seeking the public's help..." story I referred to earlier.

I believe it's a variety of different methods but offhand I can't remember the last one of those stories I saw that the shopping cart didn't look like that.

(I ain't arguing that it makes a helluva lot of sense, I'm just commenting on what I see on an almost daily basis)
Old 09-26-2019, 02:10 PM   #18894
PilotMan
Head Coach

Fair enough Jon, maybe I'm not justified to act so indignant about it.

{doesn't mean I have to like it or go out of my way to make it easy}

Like Steam?

Old 09-26-2019, 02:15 PM   #18895
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I worked at a grocery store for a few years, and I can tell you that the store employees certainly felt free to steal (generally by eating candy they didn't pay for while they were in the warehouse, but sometimes by just plain stealing) with impunity.

The really stupid ones would get caught, but I know a lot of guys who had the sense to keep things low level and just take the occasional Snickers bar when they got hungry. They kept that shit up for years.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 02:15 PM   #18896
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post

We have a fenced in yard and when we go out we sometimes leave dog outside so she is free to roam around ... so possibly one reason (unintentional). But that doesn't sound to be your problem.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:50 PM   #18897
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
We have a fenced in yard and when we go out we sometimes leave dog outside so she is free to roam around ... so possibly one reason (unintentional). But that doesn't sound to be your problem.

No, Benny is an inside dog, but I swear they must put him out and then go somewhere inside where they can't hear him. It is not unusual for the dog to bark for 20 minutes straight before they get him.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:49 PM   #18898
miami_fan
Coordinator

So are we just determined to push every holiday further and further from the actual day of celebration? Halloween decorations have been up in stores for almost two weeks and now I see that two of my neighbors have already put up Halloween decorations. I actually loves decorating the house for the holidays from Halloween through Christmas but damn. September 15 is NOT Halloween season!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:09 PM   #18899
miami_fan
Coordinator

This story brought tears to my eyes and I can't tell if it was the result of the pride, sadness or anger I felt after reading it.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/milita...m-in-sarasota/
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:19 AM   #18900
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Dear people,

If you're going to bicycle in the dark, please do not wear all black clothes. I do not feel like committing vehicular manslaughter today.

Thank you.