Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #451
Zinto
College Starter

My fears with voting out Chubby are that he could indeed have a role. It is that same reason that I wasn't too keen on how DV was lynched yesterday. I understand that getting rid of the 'Nilla villagers who don't talk before the game really gets going is a smart thing but I would at least like to hear from him before we get rid of him.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #452
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Post 345 Autumn

I wad wondering if you did not do a voting history, I was going to say that it is pretty odd so you must be a wolf!
Old 05-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #453
Zinto
College Starter

I guess I misrepresented the race pulling away with two people in my vote post. For some reason I thought GE and Chubby had four not three votes while bhlloy had two. Seems like I need to work on my reading comprehension this game.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #454
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Voting Chubby at this stage with what looks like a lot of discussion and arguments seems a bit cheap. I'm all for voting inactives early on but it doesn't seem like this is the optimal game to take that stance, what with the importance of the roles.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #455
bhlloy
Coordinator

Zinto - the theory that somebody would ever play more aggressive as a wolf is just bad logic. And seeing that you were around in the portal game and know what role I had there, plus the fact that I've played that way plenty of times in the past makes it even odder to me
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #456
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I want Bhlloy in the race today so I won't be moving my vote.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #457
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Zinto - the theory that somebody would ever play more aggressive as a wolf is just bad logic. And seeing that you were around in the portal game and know what role I had there, plus the fact that I've played that way plenty of times in the past makes it even odder to me

It is not that they would play more aggressive in general, I think I misspoke there, it is that they play more aggressive in trying to defend themselves. I did not really follow along with the portal game after I was killed so I am not sure how you played. I will admit I am going off memories and they could be wrong since I sometimes(most of the time) struggle remembering how every player plays as a wolf or a villager..
Old 05-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #458
Zinto
College Starter

I don't think anyone should use the logic that since Zinto said he was being oddly aggressive we should vote bhlloy since honestly I could be completely wrong about that.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #459
bhlloy
Coordinator

Again, I don't think that is the case. I think we think it is the case which is why we tend to never win unless we get a seer on a hot streak.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #460
Zinto
College Starter

With that being said, that is what I think is going on and that is why I voted for you.(I should have made these three posts one but I keep posting and thinking of more to add).
Old 05-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #461
bhlloy
Coordinator

Some nice backtracking there Zinto. Are you sure I should be the candidate here and not you?
Old 05-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #462
Zinto
College Starter

I am not backtracking I don't remember a time when you have been this aggressive in defending yourself and been a villager. It is more of my lack of trust in my ability to catch wolves then anything.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #463
Autumn
Head Coach

If Chubby never shows up today, I would say we shouldn't lynch him (and hope CF replaces him). But if he is here long enough to defend himself, I think he's very much a valid target. And I think it's good to have votes on him to force him to defend himself if he shows up.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #464
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Then again maybe "I think we all can agree" is kind of a wolfy thing to say. Why would LSG project that kind of thinking when no one had really mentioned anything before that? Maybe her and the wolves agree on a target.

I'm just gonna sit back and see what happens for a bit.. I will be going on another hike today around 3 pm or so, but I will try and check in around 2 and see what has transpired. It clearly behooves us to make the right move today.

I think you are trying a little too hard with this one. And I have played with Chief Rum before, and although its been a year or so, this is not how I recall him acting when he was a wolf. (And for a stretch there, he was a wolf a lot).

I am going to change my vote from Chubby, even though I would like him to speak up some more today, and put it on you, Julio. Why? Because whenever anybody quotes 6 words and claims its a wolfy thing to say, it screams 'wolf trying to hard!'

unvote Chubby

Vote Julio
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #465
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
GE, you are being very defensive. I doubt a wolf Autumn purposely misleads people into voting for you this early and now that there are people on you I can not see him arguing so much for what he is saying if it could come back and bite his butt so early in the game.

I guess I get that way when I feel like I am being railroaded by a probable wolf. Autumn is a solid player, but I don't think he is good enough to pool the wool over villages eye's at this point.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #466
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I have not read page 9 or 10, but I also dont like GE putting the third vote on Chubby. He didn't vote until last minute yesterday and today he votes with 8 hours to spare? Plus Julio put the third vote on Chief when Bhlloy had two votes and Chubby one.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #467
britrock88
Pro Starter

Dropping by with a tally:

bhlloy - Danny (341) Narcizo (353) Zinto (448)
Chief - Pass (404)
Chubby - bhlloy (390) GE (401) Julio (444)
CrimsonFox - God (375)
GoldenEagle - Autumn (408) CrimsonFox (409) Jackal (411)
Julio - LoneStarGirl (464)

Am I the only one that gets lost in the midst of discussions like today's?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #468
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

Narc is the only one to follow Danny on A. Julio, Bhlloy, LoneStarGirl and GoldenEagle did B and C, and frankly that's a list I like a lot today was wolf candidates. LSG has been following the crowd and posting the sort of neutral, uncontroversial posts that I used to do when I was a wolf. GoldenEagle is doing the opposite, casting everyone in a bad light, but leaving himself waffle room. Bhlloy hasn't gathered the sort of votes I expected, and Julio either. I think that's a great quartet to look at closely. Since two of them have voting history already from yesterday I will be voting the other two. I still think it's possible LSG just is a bit rusty and is trying to play it safe, so I'll go with GE.

I have to say Autumn I really like this analysis. It seems spot on. I am a lot of a bit rusty, but I was always a non controversial player for the first two or three days. I was having second thoughts on GE as well... but was going to see how the day progressed before directing more light to him.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #469
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I guess I get that way when I feel like I am being railroaded by a probable wolf. Autumn is a solid player, but I don't think he is good enough to pool the wool over villages eye's at this point.

I'm not sure if this has been made explicit, but this is a game of Werewolf. You will receive votes, probably for really bad or incorrect reasons. This will happen many times. I'm not sure why you're so irate because of one vote. "Railroading" is a bit overdramatic, don't you think? Of all my abilities in Werewolf, I can tell you that getting people to follow my vote is most definitely not one of them.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #470
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
GE, you are being very defensive. I doubt a wolf Autumn purposely misleads people into voting for you this early and now that there are people on you I can not see him arguing so much for what he is saying if it could come back and bite his butt so early in the game.

I am still not through with page nine or ten.... but I agree. GE didn't have the time of day to post yesterday, but today he was defensive and aggressive well before he received any votes in his honor. I will more than likely change my vote to him, but I dont want my vote to be considered a bandwagon vote, so I am going to keep it on Julio for now.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #471
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm not sure if this has been made explicit, but this is a game of Werewolf. You will receive votes, probably for really bad or incorrect reasons. This will happen many times. I'm not sure why you're so irate because of one vote. "Railroading" is a bit overdramatic, don't you think? Of all my abilities in Werewolf, I can tell you that getting people to follow my vote is most definitely not one of them.

Right. And this is Werewolf and I have a right to defend myself. And it was not just one vote. That began a succession of three votes that put me squarely on the hot seat.

And your wording, intentional or not, was suggestive that I had done two things in your list.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #472
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
I think I would like to keep bhlloy in this race since it is turning into a two pony show quick. He was pretty aggressive yesterday and I am not sure that is his usual villager play.

Vote bhlloy

Why Bhlloy and not Julio? Previous posts from other people have indicated that they were willing to put their votes on him to make this a race. Yet nobody has given any evidence to why bhlloy should have votes. This seems almost like a wasted vote.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #473
britrock88
Pro Starter

dola

The mo is with you this time, Autumn.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #474
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
I guess I misrepresented the race pulling away with two people in my vote post. For some reason I thought GE and Chubby had four not three votes while bhlloy had two. Seems like I need to work on my reading comprehension this game.

Just read this. I guess I understand why you voted bhlloy
Old 05-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #475
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I just read three straight pages of WW and I my thoughts are getting befuddled in my head. I am going to come back later, but I want to draw attention to the fact that GE, Julio and bhlloy all have their votes on Chubby, somebody who is not here to defend himself.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #476
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Right. And this is Werewolf and I have a right to defend myself. And it was not just one vote. That began a succession of three votes that put me squarely on the hot seat.

And your wording, intentional or not, was suggestive that I had done two things in your list.

The whole point of my vote is that I believe wolves are much more likely to piggyback on other people's reasoning rather than presenting a reason to vote a new candidate. So if yo'ure worried about the votes on you, I would be more worried about someone who simply followed me than me, who put my analysis out there.

I don't think anyone's going to vote for you because they think I said you, along with four other people, did B & C in a list, not just C. If they're paying attention they know that B & C are mutually exclusive, and they can see that there are three other people in the same list.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #477
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
dola

The mo is with you this time, Autumn.

Maybe this will be the time it works!

But CF's vote is as steady as the wind. I predict six more moves before deadline.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #478
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I just read three straight pages of WW and I my thoughts are getting befuddled in my head. I am going to come back later, but I want to draw attention to the fact that GE, Julio and bhlloy all have their votes on Chubby, somebody who is not here to defend himself.

The whole point of me voting for Chubby was to prevent a runaway vote on bhlloy, who believe to be the best candidate for today. I know I clearly stated that.

Chubby is quiet, but that is not the reason that I chose to vote for him.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #479
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Eh, people coming in claiming vanilla, just tells me, I want to check in but I have nothing to say so I will just tell everyone I am vanilla.

Quote:
Why Bhlloy and not Julio? Previous posts from other people have indicated that they were willing to put their votes on him to make this a race. Yet nobody has given any evidence to why bhlloy should have votes. This seems almost like a wasted vote.

I made this point earlier, and Autumn made a couple good points, but the longer it goes with no action on Julio makes me more and more confused. He's a possible convert with movement off him yesterday and since then he's put a fly by vote on and disappeared for the day
Old 05-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #480
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
The whole point of me voting for Chubby was to prevent a runaway vote on bhlloy, who believe to be the best candidate for today. I know I clearly stated that.

Chubby is quiet, but that is not the reason that I chose to vote for him.

Regardless of when you stated it, things have obviously changed since you voted for him. Plus you never said why you believed bhlloy was the best candidate... in fact nobody really did except in reference to some obscure post somebody wrote on page one or two. There is a three way tie right now, are you going to keep your vote where it is?
Old 05-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #481
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Maybe this will be the time it works!

But CF's vote is as steady as the wind. I predict six more moves before deadline.

He went from me to bhlloy back to me in the span of ten minutes.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #482
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
I made this point earlier, and Autumn made a couple good points, but the longer it goes with no action on Julio makes me more and more confused. He's a possible convert with movement off him yesterday and since then he's put a fly by vote on and disappeared for the day

I can understand why you dont vote for Julio since your butt is on the line today, but I dont understand the run on you bhlloy.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #483
bhlloy
Coordinator

As for my vote being on Chubby, I really want him to show up and talk. Same reason I had a vote on CF for a long time yesterday
Old 05-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #484
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 482:

bhlloy 3 - Danny (341), Narcizo (353), Zinto (448)
GoldenEagle 3 - Autumn (408), CrimsonFox (409), The Jackal (411)
Chubby 3 - bhlloy (390), GoldenEagle (401), Julio Ridols (444)
Chief 1 - Passacaglia (404)
CrimsonFox 1 - God (375)
Julio Ridols 1 - LoneStarGirl (464)

Let me know if that missed anything.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #485
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The whole point of my vote is that I believe wolves are much more likely to piggyback on other people's reasoning rather than presenting a reason to vote a new candidate. So if yo'ure worried about the votes on you, I would be more worried about someone who simply followed me than me, who put my analysis out there.

I don't think anyone's going to vote for you because they think I said you, along with four other people, did B & C in a list, not just C. If they're paying attention they know that B & C are mutually exclusive, and they can see that there are three other people in the same list.

Your argument is that because I voted for Chubby I am latching on to someone else's idea and therefore I must be a wolf. My argument is that I voted for Chubby to try to keep things close and prevent a runaway vote.

If I were a wolf, it would be so much easier for me to just vote for bhlloy.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #486
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Though, it would go down in WW lore if CF came back and edited a few more posts to become the first player to solely lynch himself.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #487
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
As for my vote being on Chubby, I really want him to show up and talk. Same reason I had a vote on CF for a long time yesterday

I voted for Chubby initially for the same reason. But if he didn't come and talk yesterday because he is busy in rl, then what makes y'all think he's going to come talk today?
Old 05-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #488
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Ok, nevermind. Chubby is here. Let him talk his way out of those votes.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #489
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'll cast my lot in on one of the inactives, just to try and get them to talk. CR has shown up so tha leaves

Vote Chubby

As misguided as Danny is he feels like villager Danny. Narc I am not so sure. Seems like he is playing the same game as last time, which is a little concerning swing how that one ended up.

Britrock - ill give him a second game pass for now. At least he is around clos to deadline and making votes in timely manners

im not inactive, i just don't have much to contribute on day 1. it's a crapshoot. just got home from work so i'm still catching up
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #490
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Regardless of when you stated it, things have obviously changed since you voted for him. Plus you never said why you believed bhlloy was the best candidate... in fact nobody really did except in reference to some obscure post somebody wrote on page one or two. There is a three way tie right now, are you going to keep your vote where it is?

If the deadline were right now, I would change my vote to bhlloy for self-perseverance.

The argument for bhlloy is the only confirmed villager (JAG) made a point about Julio being the possible convert and that he was signaling for the wolves to come get him so to speak.

JAG then pointed out that bholly moved his vote off Julio shortly after, as he perhaps picked up on the signal as well.

So essentially we have the only confirmed villager (besides DV, but he didn't give us anything) suggesting that we should take a hard look at bholly.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #491
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
My fears with voting out Chubby are that he could indeed have a role. It is that same reason that I wasn't too keen on how DV was lynched yesterday. I understand that getting rid of the 'Nilla villagers who don't talk before the game really gets going is a smart thing but I would at least like to hear from him before we get rid of him.

the problem with this line of thinking is that you are now advocating for roles to be talkative and put themselves out there vs maybe trying to stradle that fine line in between.

i'm not roled, a lynch of me doesn't hurt us inthe "big picture" so i'm not stressed about it. of course, i still want to keep playing
Old 05-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #492
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If Chubby never shows up today, I would say we shouldn't lynch him (and hope CF replaces him). But if he is here long enough to defend himself, I think he's very much a valid target. And I think it's good to have votes on him to force him to defend himself if he shows up.

sheesh, i voted day 1. i didn't post a ton of stuff because, it IS day 1

i apologize for missing last game, i got swamped at work and forgot I jumped back into WW
Old 05-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #493
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

so I guess it's going to be a 3 way race (unless maybe it gets whittled down). both of the other 2 in the race are already on me

i don't really see my vote placing any added pressure on either of them yet and I don't want to start a run either so i'm not going to vote until i can get a better read off of them
Old 05-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #494
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
If the deadline were right now, I would change my vote to bhlloy for self-perseverance.

The argument for bhlloy is the only confirmed villager (JAG) made a point about Julio being the possible convert and that he was signaling for the wolves to come get him so to speak.

JAG then pointed out that bholly moved his vote off Julio shortly after, as he perhaps picked up on the signal as well.

So essentially we have the only confirmed villager (besides DV, but he didn't give us anything) suggesting that we should take a hard look at bholly.

Which is a lovely theory but if people believe that then why isn't the guy who would have to be the convert up here with me instead of all the votes hidden on CR and Chubby
Old 05-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #495
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Which is a lovely theory but if people believe that then why isn't the guy who would have to be the convert up here with me instead of all the votes hidden on CR and Chubby

My guess is we really don't know the role of the convert yet. We have no clue what the conversion mechanism is in this game. EagleFan said he had his own set of victory conditions which may or may not involve The Runners.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #496
Zinto
College Starter

Why is everyone so convinced that there is a conversion? I don't see anything in the rules about there being one.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #497
Zinto
College Starter

So voting for Julio because he would be "a good target for conversion" doesn't make any sense unless some of you know something I do not. So that is my question why are so many of you convinced there is a conversion?
Old 05-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #498
bhlloy
Coordinator

I think it's hinted at pretty strongly in Ronnie's description
Old 05-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #499
Zinto
College Starter

I also don't understand why people are making a case for Julio and complaining that no one is voting for him and then not voting for him themselves. We are far enough away from the deadline that you could get interest from people voting him.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #500
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Why is everyone so convinced that there is a conversion? I don't see anything in the rules about there being one.

I'm only skimming here, but if you'll recall last game, there was talk about how we were all vanilla villagers on Day 1. IIRC, it was all wolves who said that, and they were saying it because they knew they were all vanilla villagers Day 1. Maybe that's what's going on here.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote