Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-18-2013, 06:22 AM   #1001
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quite proud of myself that I nailed DT as a wolf.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #1002
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
DT and Jag you guys did really well after things looked bad for us after Sal scanned Danny and me.

I am surprised no one else caught me in treasure and I regret not stealing from someone before I died.

and my order for night 3 was DT!!!

thanks for the game CF...great atmosphere and writing (although the poems were a bit confusing)

i will say i think the balance was off a little to the side of the wolves...14 vs 4 is a little high of a ratio unless you use roles to balance things out...then to give them a brutal, a cunning, and a double kill (the lovers) and even with the luckiest seer in the world, it was a steep climb.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #1003
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
DT and Jag you guys did really well after things looked bad for us after Sal scanned Danny and me.

I am surprised no one else caught me in treasure and I regret not stealing from someone before I died.

Wait - we fucking won???

JAG is the fucking man. Dunno how he pulled that off.

I sent him the nastiest PM because I felt like he threw me under the bus way too early on the day that I got lynched...but wow...he played it perfectly. I apologized after conversing with him via PM of course.

Kudos to him - he's the MVP of this game for sure.

As Zinto said - we didn't plan to stack our votes there that day, but it worked out okay.

I felt like I did a crappy job for the wolf-side in this game...I was never able to like...wrap my mind around all the mechanics, so I never really "connected" with the game like I like to, which meant that I didn't have much to offer in the way of analysis, so I tried to stay pretty quiet, which of course pinged some folks thinking I was a wolf.

FWIW though - I would have played the exact same way as a villager. Most of my posts were just devoid of content because I didn't have anything to add, either as a wolf, or as a villager.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #1004
Autumn
Head Coach

I think what pinged me most DT, was how quick and hard you came back against any comments about you. Maybe you would have done it as a villager too, but it felt very wolfish.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #1005
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I think what pinged me most DT, was how quick and hard you came back against any comments about you. Maybe you would have done it as a villager too, but it felt very wolfish.

I think that was just because like...I felt like i hadn't been around much, and knew I was going out of town and wouldn't have a chance to be on to really defend myself. Probably would have held true as a villager or wolf, although you're right...maybe a little moreso as a wolf since we had just lost 2.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #1006
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I know as a wolf when you feel on the ropes like that you can get a desperate feeling. It's hard to react calmly when you know hwat's happening behind the scenes.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #1007
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

You know, now in hindsite...I should have asked why JAg wasn't attacked. Ihad protected him a couple days in a row... And if he had been a villager he would have been one that I would have thought should have been gone after because of his going upstairs looked really villagery
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #1008
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
You know, now in hindsite...I should have asked why JAg wasn't attacked. Ihad protected him a couple days in a row... And if he had been a villager he would have been one that I would have thought should have been gone after because of his going upstairs looked really villagery

oh yeah i did forget to mention to Jag that ntn just kept BGing him even the night he died.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #1009
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Something else funny about boo. He was around but not very talkative.
Jag sent me a PM the day after I replaced Jackal and asked (among other things) if I needed to replace boo too as he thought you weren't around anymore. The next day you made your famous post about "why DT should be voted for" with all that analysis.

Jag's next PM was:

"Can you get in touch with boo and tell him to go inactive again?"
Old 01-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #1010
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Incidently Autumn, remember in Ancient infection when you said you sthought I was going to have a heart attack? Now I know what it's like to see that as Jag was going through the exact same thing. COnsequently I told him he played wolf a lot like YOU play wolf.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #1011
Autumn
Head Coach

Heh, that's funny. JAG makes such a cool cucumber of a villager, it's funny to imagine him as a frantic wolf.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #1012
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

had to constantly empty my pm box from treasurefind PMs and Jag PMs
Old 01-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #1013
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post

It wasn't until about 15 minutes left in the game that anyone seriously addressed the question as to why I was still around. I was surprised I basically went through the whole game without anyone questioning why the wolves didn't target me (I had ideas of how to address them, maybe others just answered the question themselves or were focusing on other things).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Heh, that's funny. JAG makes such a cool cucumber of a villager, it's funny to imagine him as a frantic wolf.

I was a complete disaster the last three days of the game. I'm glad I could keep CF amused though.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #1014
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The question is...when are Lathum and sal gonna sign up for Abe's game?

You had an awesome game sal. best I've seen you (this one and spawn you were great.) Granted I missed the golden age of saldana if there was one.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #1015
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Oh yeah, one of my favorite amusing moments was the fact that mauchow waited all of maybe 15 minutes after receiving his steal ability to use it on DT.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #1016
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
and my order for night 3 was DT!!!

thanks for the game CF...great atmosphere and writing (although the poems were a bit confusing)

i will say i think the balance was off a little to the side of the wolves...14 vs 4 is a little high of a ratio unless you use roles to balance things out...then to give them a brutal, a cunning, and a double kill (the lovers) and even with the luckiest seer in the world, it was a steep climb.

Funny thing. I ALMOST cut the lovers at the last minute but they really fit the world so well I couldn't. They were going to get some cooler abilities at a point but they got axed before they got there. Was just unlucky that they got axed pretty much right before that was going to happy.

I've always kind of been confused by the lovers as a role really. Not sure I'll include them again at least in that form.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #1017
Autumn
Head Coach

Did the lovers know who each other were? I seem to remember one of them voting for the other,w hich was odd.