Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #1101
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
But why would Swaggs want *you* out in particular?

As clearly and repeatedly stated, I voted for him because I thought he changed his vote too often and made a strange vote after the deadline. Since we were essentially doing a blind vote, I chose him because standing out in that much of a manner goes against everything I try to do when I am a villager in an early game.

Since we had no firm evidence, I chose the person I thought exhibited the strangest behavior. Also, I stated I had no firm proof and explained myself.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:49 AM   #1102
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Well, the theorist in me is because I still believe SY to be bad, and it was basically me vs SY yesterday. So getting me lynched instead of him would be preferable.

To be a devil's advocate to that though, his pressing was slightly more overt than a wolf would want to come out as to help another wolf. Slightly.

I did not urge anyone to vote for you.

I voted for you and explained why. I think you played poorly on day 1, changing your vote multiple times and then sticking out like a sore thumb with a vote after the deadline. Since I didn't have any evidence against anyone else, I voted for you.

Again, I did not lead a rally against you. I explained why I voted for you and then answered questions about it afterwards.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #1103
Swaggs
Coordinator

Alright... looks like I am going to be the runaway.

I do have an item to pass to someone, as I don't want it out of the game.

Anyone have suggestions for like 3-4 trustworthy people that I can pass drugs to?

I purchased them on day 1, but chose not to use them.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #1104
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

depends what kinda drugs they are

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #1105
st.cronin
General Manager

Ok, now I think that Swaggs probably is lying:

VOTE SWAGGS

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #1106
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
depends what kinda drugs they are

They are labeled as "drugs." I paid $100 for them on night 1, but quickly surmised that they were worth a lot more and that they can completely knock someone out (I assume for a period of time and not permanently).

I was given the choices of taking them myself, saving them, handing them to someone, or slipping them into someone else's drink.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #1107
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Ok, now I think that Swaggs probably is lying:

VOTE SWAGGS

How so?
Old 04-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #1108
Passacaglia
Coordinator

You can give the drugs to me.

VOTE SWAGGS
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #1109
st.cronin
General Manager

Because I was given the choice to buy and use the drugs, but not to buy and not use the drugs.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #1110
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
You can give the drugs to me.

VOTE SWAGGS

Message sent.

I am now concerned that they may turn someone into a werewolf.

I had fully intended to give them to st. cronin, as I suspected his absence on day 2 was due to him taking them. His quick vote for me and suggesting that I am a liar after outlining the drugs' uses really concerns me.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #1111
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I am now concerned that they may turn someone into a werewolf.

Why do you say that?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #1112
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Because I was given the choice to buy and use the drugs, but not to buy and not use the drugs.

Well, I can't help you then.

I was given the choice to buy them for $100, party hard for $50, or party moderately for $10. I bought them for $100 and received another PM a little while later telling me that they could knock someone out and giving me the four options listed above.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:05 PM   #1113
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I don't know if I'll use them, but I'll leave it open for discussion whether or not people think I should.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:05 PM   #1114
st.cronin
General Manager

Swaggs, I suggested you were a liar before you "outlined the drugs use", which I think all you have done is speculated - I suggested you were a liar based on HAVING the drugs.

I believe you have the drugs, but I don't believe you acquired them the same way I could have.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 12:07 PM   #1115
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Why do you say that?

Because I expected that st. cronin would be able to verify my account of things and that he may have used them (explaining his full-day absence). With him completely opposing my explanation, I have a suspicion that he may have taken them and gotten transformed (or recruited or whatever happens).
Old 04-10-2008, 12:07 PM   #1116
st.cronin
General Manager

Actually now that I look at my pm again, Swaggs story is plausible.

UNVOTE SWAGGS

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #1117
Swaggs
Coordinator

Pass, I have sent the PM.

Alan has advised that they could not be passed immediately, which blows for me, but you will receive them at the deadline whether I live or die.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #1118
st.cronin
General Manager

Swaggs, I did not buy or use the drugs, and I have no idea what they might be for.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #1119
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Swaggs, I suggested you were a liar before you "outlined the drugs use", which I think all you have done is speculated - I suggested you were a liar based on HAVING the drugs.

I believe you have the drugs, but I don't believe you acquired them the same way I could have.

Why?

You knew I was at the party with you and I more or less admitted to having them on Day 1 when I told KWhit that I was being purposely vague.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:10 PM   #1120
path12
Coordinator

So I have a question back to Lathum then. Did you see anyone specifically cutting the ropes? How did you fix them -- did you get a PM with options? Why you?

And then, who besides Swaggs and Lathum was on the boat?
Old 04-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #1121
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Swaggs, I did not buy or use the drugs, and I have no idea what they might be for.

Well, now you do.

They can either knock you out or be used to knock someone else out.

I bought them with the idea that they might lead to some hallucinations that could be seer-like, but decided against using them that day because I didn't want to miss out on an excursion.

I'm still not sure how to effectively use them on someone else in this game, but hopefully Pass will figure that out.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #1122
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Why?

You knew I was at the party with you and I more or less admitted to having them on Day 1 when I told KWhit that I was being purposely vague.

I apologize, I had misremembered my pm. I thought it said something like "buy the drugs and get stoned out of your mind" but it didn't. Your story, at least that part of it, is plausible.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 12:15 PM   #1123
st.cronin
General Manager

Swaggs, why would you pass them to Pass? Does he strike you as trustworthy for some reason?

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 12:15 PM   #1124
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
You were on the boat during the day so I would think that you would mention the story about the ropes being cut - if it happened.

Either Lathum is making up an elaborate story (and he seemed very freaked last night that he was about to be night killed) or you or Swaggs could have been the one on the boat who cut the ropes.

Also, talking about gathering consensus to ensure a lynch sounds wolfish to me in the context of this game, but I could be hearing things.

Sidenote: ntndeacon is the only one who hasn't told where they went on their day 3 excursion, but he wasn't able to be on much at all.

@Path: Chief Rum and Lathum were on the boat because the shipwreck was full. Swaggs was on the boat with a hangover. I still don't have a record of where ntndeacon went.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #1125
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Swaggs, why would you pass them to Pass? Does he strike you as trustworthy for some reason?

Yeah, I was kind of surprised at how easy that was. It was said mostly tongue-in-cheek.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #1126
Swaggs
Coordinator

Before I check out, here were my actions (which were all, except for the drug purchase, made available whent hey happened):

Day 1 -- Fiesta Boat Party, saw Lathum and st. cronin, bought drugs for $100
Day 2 -- Fiesta Boat Party, spent $50 getting heavily intoxicated
Day 3 -- Chose to "Explore a historic shipwreck while snorkeling the beautiful Cayman waters," overslept, stayed on the boat for the day

If I survive today:
Day 4 -- Chose to "Explore a historic shipwreck while snorkeling the beautiful Cayman waters," passed drugs to Passacaglia
Old 04-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #1127
Passacaglia
Coordinator

That said, I don't actually have the drugs yet, so we'll see if that happens.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #1128
st.cronin
General Manager

Swaggs, can you explain your reasoning for day 2? Why did you get heavily intoxicated?

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #1129
Swaggs
Coordinator

I was intending to give them to st. cronin because I figured, based on his earlier statements and that he missed a day (during which, I tried to justify the absence because I thought he had the same drugs that I did), but after he immediately voted for me it made me suspicious of him.

I wanted to get rid of the drugs by the time I leave for work (around 2:00 PM EST) so that they did not go unused in the game if I get lynched. Pass asked for them immediately (which I doubt a wolf would avoid doing to keep from standing out) and I gave them to him because I was hoping that they would get to him immediately and he could at least verify my explanation.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #1130
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Swaggs, can you explain your reasoning for day 2? Why did you get heavily intoxicated?

I basically chose to go on the same excursion because I thought it might tell me who else was there again (which, although I don't know whether or not it is/was valuable information, it was some sort of information). Unfortunately, I was just told that there were a lot of people (rather than the specific names of people that I got the first time).

Once there, I figured the highest dollar choice could lead to the highest reward and I was thinking that it might lead to some sort of social encounter that I might learn something from.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #1131
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Right -- I understand that I won't get them until after deadline. I don't know if that would have saved you anyway, but I guess it was your best shot. From my point of view, I don't think I'd want to do anything with them until after we find out about you, anyway.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #1132
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Just catching up, but see this.

To be clear, I chose the option of getting heavily intoxicated and then overslept. My message said that I had a "horrible hangover."

the problem I have with this is I also chose to drink heavily but received no such message about a hangover, I woke up the next day with seemingly no effect. Everything I said was an attempt to trap someone.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #1133
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
That said, I don't actually have the drugs yet, so we'll see if that happens.

As mentioned, I was hoping they would transfer immediately, but was notified that they would be given at the deadline (whether I live or die).
Old 04-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #1134
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
@Path: Chief Rum and Lathum were on the boat because the shipwreck was full. Swaggs was on the boat with a hangover. I still don't have a record of where ntndeacon went.

Thanks. Now we need some clarification from Lathum, or I do anyway, because Swaggs' story is sounding plausible to me right now.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:30 PM   #1135
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
the problem I have with this is I also chose to drink heavily but received no such message about a hangover, I woke up the next day with seemingly no effect. Everything I said was an attempt to trap someone.

Again, I don't know what to tell you.

I chose the $50 option to get heavily intoxicated because I figured it would net the highest benefit (plus, I didn't want to die with a loaded wallet). I sent in my action, expecting to go to the shipwreck and snorkel, but instead of getting result, I was notified that I overslept, had a horrible hangover, and stayed on the boat.

So, either we got different messages or you are lying. I don't really think you are lying, so I would guess we got different messages.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #1136
Swaggs
Coordinator

Lathum, how were you notified about the ropes and why do you think YOU were notified?
Old 04-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #1137
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

We've seen people have the same experiences with different results before though -- for example, both clap and I being at the beach but me falling asleep and not getting back in time but him getting back on board with no problems, even though neither of us had options.

What I'd like to hear is exactly what you saw and did with the ropes, and why it was you that fixed them rather than say Chief or ntn if they were around......
Old 04-10-2008, 12:32 PM   #1138
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
So I have a question back to Lathum then. Did you see anyone specifically cutting the ropes? How did you fix them -- did you get a PM with options? Why you?

And then, who besides Swaggs and Lathum was on the boat?

no, I didn't see anyone cutting the ropes.

Upon learning the shipwreck excursion was full I remained on the boat. While exploring the boat I discovered the ropes cut. I was given the option of telling the captain or not. I informed the captain and was asked to fix them, I did.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:33 PM   #1139
Swaggs
Coordinator

Also, for the record (I'm not looking it up because I remember doing it and don't really care if you guys believe me or not at this point), but I volunteered that I stayed on the boat AFTER Lathum advised us that the ropes had been cut.

I think that should count for something, unless you guys think that I couldn't come up with reasonable alibi by lying to avoid scrutiny.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #1140
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Unvote Swaggs

"I feel his defense is valid...other than that I have nothing to go on. Margarita-time!"
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #1141
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Again, I don't know what to tell you.

I chose the $50 option to get heavily intoxicated because I figured it would net the highest benefit (plus, I didn't want to die with a loaded wallet). I sent in my action, expecting to go to the shipwreck and snorkel, but instead of getting result, I was notified that I overslept, had a horrible hangover, and stayed on the boat.

So, either we got different messages or you are lying. I don't really think you are lying, so I would guess we got different messages.

Swaggs is the only person who went on the Fiesta Boat Party twice - in this game, it would seem that that could give him different options the second time. But that is just a guess.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #1142
st.cronin
General Manager

VOTE KWHIT

I'll vote the same guy I voted yesterday, since he didn't respond at all to my vote.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #1143
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

Lathum, for your day 2 excursion, I had you down as on the ship because of a hangover.

If you had no effects, why did you stay on the ship?
Old 04-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #1144
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Quote:
Lathum, for your day 2 excursion, I had you down as on the ship because of a hangover.

I already answered this
Old 04-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #1145
path12
Coordinator

UNVOTE SWAGGS

For now.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #1146
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

to elaborate I choose to stay on the ship day 2 because I wanted to see what would happen
Old 04-10-2008, 12:42 PM   #1147
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum, how were you notified about the ropes and why do you think YOU were notified?

I feel there is a reason I was notified and I would rather keep it to myself for now.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:42 PM   #1148
Swaggs
Coordinator

Oh well, I'm guessing there are too many folks that have voted and will not return to make much of a dent in the voting, even if people were compelled to go in a different direction.

I am going to vote for Anxiety. I don't have any concrete evidence, but he has done two things during this game that have raised my WW radar:
1. He was apologetic towards Clap when it looked like Clap was going to be lynched. I always notice this, as it seems like sometimes wolves do this to draw attention and point out that they didn't vote for a villager, when they know that the person getting lynched is going to be innocent.
2. He (and actually nfg) threw out under the radar, pile-on votes for me today.

I would probably vote for nfg today, as he did quiet, pile-on vote and then threw in some idle conversation (that I see as camoflouge).

Anyway, just an old school WW gut pick:

Vote Anxiety
Old 04-10-2008, 12:42 PM   #1149
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

What do you mean, you "had him down"? Did you see that yourself, or are you saying he said that in the thread?
Old 04-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #1150
st.cronin
General Manager

Swaggs, I agree Anxiety's play has troubled me.

knives out