Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-05-2005, 09:14 PM   #551
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'm going to do some supposing, for the sake of argument; suppose that kingfc22 is actually Santadio, not the serial killer, that you are the serial killer. Then it's possible that they didn't bribe Qwikshot, they either tried to bribe you (and failed) or bribed Henry or Blade (more likely Blade with how things are going). They're hoping I kill you, you kill Qwikshot, and they kill me for the easy win.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:49 PM   #552
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Do more supposing because you are good at it.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 01:25 AM   #553
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

You all wake up in the morning, hearing the gunshots last night... as you walk out of your houses, you see that two men are missing.

You all find Kingfc22 beside the Well, still clutching to his small firearm, a lone bullet-hole on his forehead. You dispose of his body and head for his room... you look around, and find out that Kingfc22 was a Santadio Grunt!

You then go to another missing person's room... and you find henry296's body, a bullet passing through his lower jaw and exiting the top of his skull. After searching his room, you see that henry296 was a Villager and one of the Masons!

There are four of you left, you carefully eye each other, taking into account all that has transpired in the past four days and nights... it is not yet over.

Day 5 has begun. Voting deadline at 9PM EDT
Old 08-06-2005, 01:38 AM   #554
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

So, it's down to me, the serial killer, a villager, and a possible Santadio... I know what SM=#54 is, but I don't know about the rest of you.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 08-06-2005, 01:44 AM   #555
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Let's face it, I'll be dead by tomorrow.
And I thought I'd be dead too... neither of us is right. But you being alive... the Santadios knew I wasn't going to kill you, I as much as said that I was choosing between kingfc22 and Superman=#54. That's suspicious, right there... on the other hand, maybe they were hoping the serial killer would kill you (and why didn't he make a kill last night?).

Old 08-06-2005, 01:54 AM   #556
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

This certainly is an interesting endgame... it's an easy win for the villagers if I'm the only mobster left, but I don't think you can rely on that. And if I'm not the only mobster... it's basically going to come down to what Superman=#54 decides to do tonight.

I've got no more arguments left, aside from Blade's conspicuous absence there isn't a whole lot to go on. Qwikshot has been a little suspicious, but in the end, he voted for EaglesFan27. Although he temporarily tried to throw things over to me during the EF vs. GWB matchup, he also voted for EF27 yesterday when things were still hanging in the balance and it wasn't clear where the outcome would fall -- and had he changed his vote back to me, we would have been deadlocked and it would have come down to chance.

So I'm going to do the only thing left to me... vote Blade6119. If I'm wrong about Qwikshot, I can only say... well-played.

Old 08-06-2005, 01:58 AM   #557
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

The possible endgames that I can see:
* Only one mobster (me) remaining: If you vote for me, you win. If you don't, it comes down to what the serial killer decides to do overnight.
* Two mobsters remaining:
->If you vote for a villager, there will be one villager and one mobster from each family remaining. If the mobsters kill each other, the villager wins. Otherwise, the surviving mobster wins.
->If you vote for a mobster, there will be two villagers and one mobster remaining. It will come down to what the serial killer chooses to do; if he does nothing, the mobster kills the villager (or the serial killer) to win, otherwise I'm not sure what happens.

I am acting on the belief that there is still a surviving Santadio.

Old 08-06-2005, 11:15 AM   #558
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Vote Wednesday
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 11:23 AM   #559
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Blade said he would have almost no internet access for the next few days. Sorry Wendsday...

Vote Mr. Wendsday

I congratulate you for making the right move last night. As far as me not making a move last night, I was going to kill king, but I was sure Mr. W was going after him. After king called his shot I was not sure if I should go after you, Mr. W, without nullifying the attack. Your alive today, but you'll be voted dead by tonight.

Last edited by Superman=#54 : 08-06-2005 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:39 AM   #560
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Fair enough... I have nothing to argue with you. Unless the Santadios tried to bribe you and failed, the outcome of the game will be on your shoulders tonight.

Old 08-06-2005, 12:36 PM   #561
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I know you are the last mobster Wednesday.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:12 PM   #562
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Maybe, maybe not. You don't seem to have been so accurate in your analysis of kingfc22, and I doubt you've been able to examine everyone who could have been bribed.

Old 08-06-2005, 03:06 PM   #563
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Go villagers!
Old 08-06-2005, 03:48 PM   #564
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
Maybe, maybe not. You don't seem to have been so accurate in your analysis of kingfc22, and I doubt you've been able to examine everyone who could have been bribed.

I believe that what happened was that my investigating skill was too good initially in that I may have not known who was a mobster from the other family when I was seeking Deluna family members. So in all probability my powers of detection were tweaked slightly so as to not make it so easy on how to differentiate between mob families and thus King escaped my detection.

But I do know that you are a mobster, and must die.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:51 PM   #565
KevinNU7
College Starter

2 for Wednesday
1 for Blade
Old 08-06-2005, 10:49 PM   #566
Blade6119
Coordinator

Hey all, checking in from my hotel in LA...ya, just found out the hotel has some iternet access...sorry i made the wrong call on GWB!!

Anyway, to wrong a right hopefully

VOTE Mr. Wednesday
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 11:08 PM   #567
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Hey all, checking in from my hotel in LA...ya, just found out the hotel has some iternet access...sorry i made the wrong call on GWB!!

Anyway, to wrong a right hopefully

VOTE Mr. Wednesday

don't you mean to right a wrong? hmm...
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:17 AM   #568
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
don't you mean to right a wrong? hmm...

Ya....i guess...idk, sorry about the whole killing you thing...my bad ...buy you a drink?
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:31 AM   #569
Blade6119
Coordinator

Anywho, im just going to comment before i head off to bed...Kill Wednesday with the vote today, which is already all voted on...3 people left...me, a villager duke, qwikshot, formerly a cop but maybe bribed, and superman, the killer...basically if qwik is a good guy we should win at the end of this vote by having 2 villagers and 1 killer who can win on either side...if qwik is converted, we go to night actions where superman can basically kill either of us and decide the fate of the game for himself. Either way i see it, it comes down to how superman wants to win since it looks like he will

Could wednesday be lying about his mob role?? Possible, but stupid this late in the game...could qwik be a bribe, likely...and it would give him reason to kill wednesday since neither can win without the other...

Can the bribe pick a kill at night?? If so, and qwik is a convert, who would get the kill between superman and qwik??

Im off to bed, wont be back till post-vote tomorrow so i can only plead to superman to not kill me and let me, Blade...the guy who always dies first....live for once...instead of qwik, who seems to always live...

Hope the game ends well boys, been a pleasure(even if i missed twice...sry to both dubb and GWB again...)
Demotivation
Old 08-07-2005, 04:15 AM   #570
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Sorry for the late update guys, I had a really long night last night...

Mr. Wednesday - Blade6119, Qwikshot, Superman=#54
Blade6119 - Mr. Wednesday

The three of you gather around Mr. Wednesday, who calmly walks towards the well. You're about to bind his hands... when he pulls out a gun. You are all taken by surprise...

"I have one bullet left... at least let me die with my dignity intact."

Mr. Wednesday then places the gun's nozzle under his chin, and pulls the trigger. His lifeless body falls to the ground, and you all stand in shock. You search his body, and Qwikshot confirms that Mr. Wednesday was a DeLena Grunt. Qwikshot then turns towards Superman=#54.

"I know who you are."

Superman=#54 smiles. "Well then... cop... what're you going to do about it?"

Qwikshot pulls out a small pistol, a service firearm issued to Italian policemen. Superman=#54 takes out a knife from underneath his shirt and grabs Blade6119. With the knife digging into Blade's throat, Superman=#54 shouts.

"Drop the gun, or the Magistrate gets a new blowhole." Unable to do anything, Qwikshot drops the gun. "Kick it towards me." Qwikshot does as he is told.

Superman=#54 picks up the gun and lets Blade6119 go. "I know for a fact that you won't say anything about this to anyone... not to any other cop, no one... because you're all party to this little massacre that we've had here... take a look around... all the villagers are dead... nobody needs to know..."

With that, Superman=#54 turns around and flees... a Serial Killer on the loose... waiting to pounce on another victim.

Superman was the Serial Killer!
Qwikshot was the Delena Investigator!
Blade6119 was the Regional Magistrate!

~

A few months later

Blade6119 returned to his post as the Regional Magistrate... bringing back a tale of being held "hostage" by the Santadio and DeLena Family, who were out to make the Gold Mines part of their territory. The Mafia had apparently slaughtered all the Villagers in the small town, and then turned on each other....it was quite fortunate that an undercover police officer, Qwikshot, was able to save Blade6119's life. In return, Qwikshot was hailed as a small celebrity in Rome, he was awarded several honorable medals, and even managed to ask for the hand of a wealthy banker's daughter in marriage.

Blade6119 was able to have the gold deposit mined... and it went into the coffers of all the nearby towns, tremendously helping the lives of many people. Blade6119 picks up the day's edition of the Newspaper... another victim, this time a young woman... her throat slit, her chest cut open, and her heart missing. He quickly puts the paper down, looks out the window... and tries to forget those five horrible days in that small village in Sicily.

Villagers win!
Serial Killer wins!
Old 08-07-2005, 08:58 AM   #571
henry296
College Starter

Thanks Neon. I finally was on the winning side.

So was only Schmidty bribed?
Old 08-07-2005, 09:22 AM   #572
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Yep. The Mafia had an option on Night 2 to bribe someone to join their cause. If they selected the Serial Killer, no bribery would occur. If they chose the same person, that person would be able to communicate with both Mafia, but would secretly tell me which side he joined.

The DeLenas chose Schmidty, the Santadios chose the Serial Killer, Superman=#54.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:59 AM   #573
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
Yep. The Mafia had an option on Night 2 to bribe someone to join their cause. If they selected the Serial Killer, no bribery would occur. If they chose the same person, that person would be able to communicate with both Mafia, but would secretly tell me which side he joined.

The DeLenas chose Schmidty, the Santadios chose the Serial Killer, Superman=#54.

Nice twist. In fact, since there was only 1 bribe it did cause me confusion. I guess EaglesFan was trying to paint GWB as the Serial Killer with his comments on attempted bribes.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:58 AM   #574
MrBug708
Head Coach

Fun game guys.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 11:02 AM   #575
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Good game Neon.

Very fun.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:07 AM   #576
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Fun game, but I would have shot Blade for being a dodo head on principle, then finished off Supes.

But regardless, I'm amazed I lasted this long.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:11 AM   #577
Joe
Pro Starter

very interesting end. I was just wondering, did Schmidty still have his ability to protect someone after he was bribed?
Old 08-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #578
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Fun game, but I would have shot Blade for being a dodo head on principle, then finished off Supes.

But regardless, I'm amazed I lasted this long.

Only cuz I talked Mr. Wednesday out of killing you the first night
Old 08-07-2005, 11:20 AM   #579
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Only cuz I talked Mr. Wednesday out of killing you the first night

True dat.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:26 AM   #580
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

Blade6119 returned to his post as the Regional Magistrate... bringing back a tale of being held "hostage" by the Santadio and DeLena Family, who were out to make the Gold Mines part of their territory. The Mafia had apparently slaughtered all the Villagers in the small town, and then turned on each other....it was quite fortunate that an undercover police officer, Qwikshot, was able to save Blade6119's life. In return, Qwikshot was hailed as a small celebrity in Rome, he was awarded several honorable medals, and even managed to ask for the hand of a wealthy banker's daughter in marriage.

Blade6119 was able to have the gold deposit mined... and it went into the coffers of all the nearby towns, tremendously helping the lives of many people. Blade6119 picks up the day's edition of the Newspaper... another victim, this time a young woman... her throat slit, her chest cut open, and her heart missing. He quickly puts the paper down, looks out the window... and tries to forget those five horrible days in that small village in Sicily.

A few months later Blade6119 was his with a multimillion dollar lawsuit for wrongful death. Dubb and SnDvls remaining family, the ones that live in the states now, were successful in their suit against Blade6119 and we able to prove he threw an innocent man down a well to save his own hide and therefore probally caused SnDvls to get killed in the process. Trial testamony has lead to multiple lawsuits arrising from this and it looks like Blade6119 will not have any gold for himself or the towns.

great games guys wish I would have lasted longer.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 11:43 AM   #581
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
very interesting end. I was just wondering, did Schmidty still have his ability to protect someone after he was bribed?
No.

Old 08-07-2005, 11:52 AM   #582
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Interestingly enough, as Neon_Chaos can attest, I had guessed just from voting records and the meager knowledge I had as a mafioso (with MrBug checking out a couple of people but not finding a cop) what the sides were, although I didn't know the exact roles of the police. That was why MrBug and I decided to bribe Schmidty -- we were pretty sure he was a cop, and he hadn't been making himself a target like Qwikshot.

I went a little astray on the bribes, though... I perhaps should have guessed that the reason EF27 volunteered the information on someone being bribed was that the Santadio bribe attempt failed to come off. When Kevin didn't vote with Qwikshot, voting against someone I knew (due to bribing Schmidty) to be a cop, I thought that he had been bribed, so I killed him that night instead of either Qwikshot or EF27.

I'm not sure if it was intentional, but EF27 worked so hard at getting me to kill him that I figured there was a reason for it and didn't. There were a couple of different times that I didn't kill Qwikshot because I thought there was a fairly good chance the other family would do it.

It's amusing to me that despite knowing the majority of the lay of the land, I still couldn't come up with a way to leverage that knowledge into a win. If I had considered the possibility of a failed bribe by the Santadios more seriously, I might have played things a little differently at the point where I killed Kevin, but I'm not convinced it would have worked out any better. My conviction that someone had been bribed did help me argue to keep me alive and finish off the other mobsters, though... I did omit some inconvenient details from that argument.

Did SM=#54 know that the bribe had been attempted by kingfc22 and EF27?

Old 08-07-2005, 12:42 PM   #583
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I was kicking the computer that kingfc and eagles didn't point out you killed a villager while claiming to want the villagers to win.

I probably would have pointed out to superman that he'd win automatically if we just killed off the last cop, qwik. Superman instead went after kingfc.

Qwik got lucky and scanned me early. I got notified he had, but thought I'd keep it to myself, since he did on the first day. Unfortunate for me, and good for him, he waited to point out that I was a bad guy until I had to go offline. If he scanned anyone else early on, say, blade, the game may have had a different look.

I was a little surprised we went after superman instead of qwik or blade. Those two being very vocal villager commodities would have made for excellent choices to join the family. I wish we had whacked Wednesday early in the game. That came back to bite us in the end...and I was vocal about removing him early on.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:57 PM   #584
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I was kicking the computer that kingfc and eagles didn't point out you killed a villager while claiming to want the villagers to win.
I was still going for the win at that point. Edit: And I pushed for killing Kevin because I actually did think he might have been bribed.

Quote:
I probably would have pointed out to superman that he'd win automatically if we just killed off the last cop, qwik. Superman instead went after kingfc.
kingfc22 was my kill, and it still would have been me against two villagers if Superman had made a kill at that point.

Last edited by Mr. Wednesday : 08-07-2005 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:58 PM   #585
kingfc22
Head Coach

Eagles and I knew all the roles after our bribe attempt. I was hoping SM#54 would go with my plan that the serial killer would kill Mr. W and Mr. W would kill either SM#54 or Quik which would have left me with whoever you didn't kill and Blade. I figured that was my best chance to win. Too bad SM#54 didn't go along with it. I mean we did try to recruit him the least he could have done was help.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:00 PM   #586
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

The trouble is, when I went back through the voting records I just couldn't square them with SM=#54 being mob.

If he'd killed me, the game would have been over immediately, rather than having to wait for another round of voting.

Old 08-07-2005, 01:00 PM   #587
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Players lost all of their abilities after being bribed. We were very close to bribing Qwikshot and I suspect the game would have played out significantly different if we had done that. Good game everyone.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 01:01 PM   #588
kingfc22
Head Coach

I'm sure we would have won if we had picked to bribe Quik (it was a toss-up between him and SM#54). Then we got lucky to kill the DeLena's bribed individual and I thought then that the other's would believe Eagles and lynch Mr. W instead. Still not sure on why that didn't give him more credibility.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:05 PM   #589
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I think the thing that hurt EF27's credibility was his insistence that GWB had been bribed, when he clearly hadn't been.

Old 08-07-2005, 01:05 PM   #590
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

FW: Night Action
You find something on top of your dresser... a bag of coins, and a note saying for you to meet one of the Mafia Families in front of the Well at midnight.

You smile. Remove the gold, and place MrBug's heart (freshly ripped from his body) and place it in the sack. You place it in front of the Well and go back to sleep... screw them all...
Old 08-07-2005, 02:17 PM   #591
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Players lost all of their abilities after being bribed. We were very close to bribing Qwikshot and I suspect the game would have played out significantly different if we had done that. Good game everyone.

Makes sense. You were extremely close to getting me convinced that Qwikshot had been bribed. I was thinking he maybe was because the day before I got killed, he had told me that since we knew Mr. W was evil, he was going to make a run at him to get him thrown into the well, and for me to keep laying low. And by the time i got home from work, he hadn't mentioned Mr. W once. So you had me going for a bit.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:57 PM   #592
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman=#54

FW: Night Action
You find something on top of your dresser... a bag of coins, and a note saying for you to meet one of the Mafia Families in front of the Well at midnight.

You smile. Remove the gold, and place MrBug's heart (freshly ripped from his body) and place it in the sack. You place it in front of the Well and go back to sleep... screw them all...

That is one evil serial killer. Good game guys, fun read.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 02:57 PM   #593
MrBug708
Head Coach

I was convinced but Mr. W was unsure that Kingfc was the killer and superman was the mob. Ah well, it happens
Old 08-07-2005, 04:04 PM   #594
Poli
FOFC Survivor

When do we start again?
Old 08-07-2005, 07:18 PM   #595
KevinNU7
College Starter

Wow, great ending. Ncie wrok Neon
Old 08-07-2005, 10:07 PM   #596
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Glad you guys liked it. The game has a lot of quirks to work out. To even out things, next time, only one pair of villagers will know each other and the Police won't be able to communicate.

I think Eaglesfan27 played a great game, pulling out that psychic thing out of nowhere.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:45 PM   #597
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Glad you guys liked it. The game has a lot of quirks to work out. To even out things, next time, only one pair of villagers will know each other and the Police won't be able to communicate.

I think Eaglesfan27 played a great game, pulling out that psychic thing out of nowhere.

Thanks

I felt like things were going bad for my family (and the mafia in general) and had to try to do something to get rid of some cops and maybe even out the odds. It seemed like the right time, since the heat was already fairly heavy on me.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 10:55 PM   #598
MrBug708
Head Coach

Superman, why did you pick me on that night?