Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-31-2006, 07:35 AM   #701
Coder
College Prospect

I'd like to hear some first hand accounts from Blade with regards to this. Hopefully he can tell us who he was fighting?

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:37 AM   #702
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder
I'd like to hear some first hand accounts from Blade with regards to this. Hopefully he can tell us who he was fighting?

The wire sticking out of his neck seems for me to think that he was attacked from behind.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:52 AM   #703
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
The wire sticking out of his neck seems for me to think that he was attacked from behind.

Any information he has is valuable.. even if he was attacked from behind he can say what he was doing up etc.

Old 01-31-2006, 07:55 AM   #704
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Any information he has is valuable.. even if he was attacked from behind he can say what he was doing up etc.

This is just my response to your question as to whom he was fighting and the probability that he was ambushed.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:21 AM   #705
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Master Chuck Norris will not be pleased.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:58 AM   #706
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Wow. What a turn of events. This certainly changes my plans to vote for Blade today. I strongly doubt he would maim himself.

Now, I'm not sure who to vote for. I guess we need to hear more from Blade.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:47 AM   #707
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Possible that Blade may have been a guard and was watching over someone. The eyes being gouged out may signify that he has lost that ability now. (Or some other ability)
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:47 AM   #708
saldana
Pro Starter

based on the injuries and evidence, i am not sure what qwik is up to at this point, why was he practicing in the middle of the night for number 1

blades injuries make me think more that he was the witness and was out being nosy, hence the eyes and throat....cant see anything, cant say anything.

as far as the burnt grass, i am thinking a flash bomb to help the ninja escape when qwik approached, or thrown by him while he took off his hood and resumed his samurai disguise

not sure what to make of the shruiken in king's door, except maybe it was thrown by blade and missed. i guess we will have to see what he has to say when he gets in.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:51 AM   #709
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
Possible that Blade may have been a guard and was watching over someone. The eyes being gouged out may signify that he has lost that ability now. (Or some other ability)

I'm hoping this means he had an ability that could only be used once and he used it, thus getting some kind of information..

Old 01-31-2006, 09:52 AM   #710
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
based on the injuries and evidence, i am not sure what qwik is up to at this point, why was he practicing in the middle of the night for number 1

blades injuries make me think more that he was the witness and was out being nosy, hence the eyes and throat....cant see anything, cant say anything.

as far as the burnt grass, i am thinking a flash bomb to help the ninja escape when qwik approached, or thrown by him while he took off his hood and resumed his samurai disguise

not sure what to make of the shruiken in king's door, except maybe it was thrown by blade and missed. i guess we will have to see what he has to say when he gets in.

A bold accusation, accusing me of being anything but samurai, I don't need a hood and the cover of night to dispatch the likes of you! My honor is my code.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:58 AM   #711
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Hmm...

In rereading the post, I find it odd that he was both slashed and strangled with a wire and the sounds of steel are heard. Garrotting someone is usually done from behind.. not when you are engaged in the midst of a battle. That would suggest 2 people fighting him potentially.. 1 with sword and 1 that snuck up behind him although there is only 1 flash burn area sounds like.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 01-31-2006, 10:02 AM   #712
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Hmm...

In rereading the post, I find it odd that he was both slashed and strangled with a wire and the sounds of steel are heard. Garrotting someone is usually done from behind.. not when you are engaged in the midst of a battle. That would suggest 2 people fighting him potentially.. 1 with sword and 1 that snuck up behind him although there is only 1 flash burn area sounds like.

Or maybe Qwik, trying to protect Blade, is a terrible swordsman and instead of killing the would-be assassin, he sliced up Blade...

Old 01-31-2006, 10:14 AM   #713
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

When I happened upon Blade there was no attacker present.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:35 AM   #714
kingfc22
Head Coach

Ok, I am checking in before I go to work. I did not see anything last night as I was in my room. All I heard was the sound of men fighting outside. I wish I did go outside though.

I want to hear what Blade has to say about all this that is if he is not unconscious.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:16 AM   #715
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana

Hmm, this is an interesting thought. Maybe Blade cannot see or talk now. Will that stop him from posting? I have not noticed if he has joined in the thread yet or not. Maybe the ninja’s were tired of the chatter yesterday and decided to silence our outspoken Samurai. That is if he is a Samurai and not a Ninja. I tend to think Samurai at this point.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:16 AM   #716
Schmidty
Coordinator

As has been said here, I am very confident that Blade was the Seer.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:27 AM   #717
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
As has been said here, I am very confident that Blade was the Seer.
Seer sounds as good as witness or maybe a better choice. Do you think he is “dead” in game terms? Maybe in this game you get severely dishonored rather than killed.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:51 AM   #718
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I’m suspicious of Mustang for not voting yesterday. He provided an excuse, but it is not a good one. Not wanting to get involved in the voting standoff yesterday because it was too personal is not a reason to not vote. He could have easily chose someone else. Not voting makes it more difficult for the Samurai and this is multiplied as time goes on.

VOTE MUSTANG

If he is Samurai, he needs to vote. If he does not then he makes it harder to root out the Ninja. If he is Ninja, then a good deed is done in lynching him.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:26 PM   #719
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Seer sounds as good as witness or maybe a better choice. Do you think he is “dead” in game terms? Maybe in this game you get severely dishonored rather than killed.

I hope he wasn't the seer. I still think the way he kept hinting yesterday about who the bodyguard should guard, and that we likely have a bodyguard and such that he was hinting to his role. (I am hoping at least he was not the seer). If this is true, then it sounds like he was killed protecting king last night.

I guess I wonder if Blade can still post or not like has been said, I was hoping for some feedback from him to what his role was and what he was doing to try to expand my circle of trust some today before going down a path of likely choices.

Before this morning's news I think I was leaning torwards what Grammaticus said for Mustang, but now I have some of the similar questions that Saldana brought up about Qwikshot. he did not really give us a good explanation for what he was doing with Blade. I guess right now either way I would like to wait a bit to give Blade a chance to talk if he still is able to.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:41 PM   #720
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I didn't harm Blade, but lord knows, now it would have been worth it just to deserve the suspicion.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 01-31-2006, 12:51 PM   #721
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

It certainly sounds to me, as has been said, that Blade was the seer. He must be one of us in order to have been hurt so badly...he knew something or had a power and the ninjas knew that. I have a feeling Qwik isn't as loyal as he says...
Old 01-31-2006, 12:54 PM   #722
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Blade were you the bodyguard protecting king and someone tried to attack him?

I was, i was, and i dont know...either they went after king and i protected him, but they have some anti-bodyguard role...or they attacked me and my role allows me to survive it once. I was the bodyguard, but could not protect the same person twice before i had protected everyone in the game. I protected king, and noticed a ninja in the shadows...when i moved to him i was atatcked from behind...since i am a master of the martial arts(more so then the rest of you) i fought him off. They managed to blind me though, and i can no longer use my bodyguard role for the rest of the game. So either i got very lucky with king(figured he was the most likely target) or the wolves tried to kill me. I did not know who qwik was, he came after i fought the ninjas off, and hoops said i couldnt see the man standing above me...Im pretty sure i know why he was out, but i wont share it
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:57 PM   #723
Poli
FOFC Survivor

How many fingers am I holding up?
Old 01-31-2006, 12:58 PM   #724
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I was, i was, and i dont know...either they went after king and i protected him, but they have some anti-bodyguard role...or they attacked me and my role allows me to survive it once. I was the bodyguard, but could not protect the same person twice before i had protected everyone in the game. I protected king, and noticed a ninja in the shadows...when i moved to him i was atatcked from behind...since i am a master of the martial arts(more so then the rest of you) i fought him off. They managed to blind me though, and i can no longer use my bodyguard role for the rest of the game. So either i got very lucky with king(figured he was the most likely target) or the wolves tried to kill me. I did not know who qwik was, he came after i fought the ninjas off, and hoops said i couldnt see the man standing above me...Im pretty sure i know why he was out, but i wont share it

Ok, then you'll vouch for Qwik, that he wasn't involved? Thats good enough for me. Thanks for the explanation, sorry for your eyesight, but it looks like you made a good guess for night 1 at least. This at least gives us something to work off of.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:58 PM   #725
Blade6119
Coordinator

I was attacked from behind after seeing another...he used wire around my neck but i fought him off...we had a sword firght and then he used a bomb to get away after blinding me...then after they left a 3rd party came and stood over me...i didnt know who it was...night action post told me it was qwik...but he was not one of the ninjas that attacked me
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:00 PM   #726
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok, then you'll vouch for Qwik, that he wasn't involved? Thats good enough for me. Thanks for the explanation, sorry for your eyesight, but it looks like you made a good guess for night 1 at least. This at least gives us something to work off of.
To me, last night cleared myself, qwik, and kingfc...though king could still be bad i doubt it...
Demotivation
Old 01-31-2006, 01:02 PM   #727
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
I saw Blade battered and bloodied, I made a decision not to pursue the shadow fleeing and decided to stay with Blade as he requested help.
This saved my life...at the end of my night action i was calling out for help to the shadowy figure above me. I am to believe that if he had followed the attackers, i would have died.
Demotivation
Old 01-31-2006, 01:03 PM   #728
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Why was Qwik out in the first place though?
Old 01-31-2006, 01:04 PM   #729
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
To me, last night cleared myself, qwik, and kingfc...though king could still be bad i doubt it...

Ok, well this at least gives us somewhere to start, thanks for the good info, you've helped us narrow it down a bit.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:04 PM   #730
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic
Why was Qwik out in the first place though?
There are 3 options since he was not with the ninjas, and none of the 3 are ones you need to worry about. Or talk about
Demotivation
Old 01-31-2006, 01:05 PM   #731
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Can you say with 100% certainty he wasn't with the ninjas though? Just because he showed up after you were attacked doesn't sell it in my mind...
Old 01-31-2006, 01:09 PM   #732
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Im not sure who the bodyguard should protect. Im guessing if this is like past games, probably one of the more experienced/valuable players. Of course saying that on here would make it pointless since then they would just be avoided...

As for the seer... My list of people I am most worried about right now are:

Mustang - Im not a big fan of people who dont vote, as voting patterns are all we have to go on at times. Its understandable if something comes up, but he was in the thread and responded and still didnt vote.

Rpi - has seemed a bit hostle and started a totally different run , staying out of the way of anyone likely to be lynched. Likely trying to keep his voting record spotless.

Blade and Dubb - well for obvious reasons, they were the main people who confonted fozzie. Like I said before, I dont honestly think these two are ninjas, but Dubb has fooled me before.

taz and kwhit - both were lump on votes on blade after the fozzie bandwagon started. Since fozzie was a villager I don't think this is a huge deal though at this point.

tanglewood, saldana, packerfan and king - all lumped on votes on fozzie.

At least thats the group I am starting with to try to figure out. Its tough with only one day of votes, maybe tommorrow will clear up more for me.

With the night events, my list feels a little more refined to me. Still a large group of people who I am curious about, and Im guessing there might be a ninja that isnt on here that slid their vote elsewhere. If I am to assume blade, Qwik and king are all good, that refines my list I am curious about to:

Mustang, rpi, grammaticus (based on dubb's actions), taz, kwhit, Lathum, tanglewood, saldana and packerfan. I know thats a little over half of the untrusted villagers. Im hoping in the next night or two I can refine this even a little more.

Right now I think Im leaning torwards voting Mustang primarily for the reasons Grammaticus said, but am waiting a bit to see if anyone else has any info from their night actions that might sway us some.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:10 PM   #733
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic
Can you say with 100% certainty he wasn't with the ninjas though? Just because he showed up after you were attacked doesn't sell it in my mind...
In the PM i recieved after my battle with the ninjas, i literally couldnt lift my own arm if i tried....it said quite clear the ninja ran off, i was utterly defenseless, and this third party showed up...i called for help. His description(which came before i revealed my story) about choosing to stay to help me couldnt have been a more exact fit...if he was a ninja he quite easily could have finished me off, and i dont think hoops would allow a third ninja to save the bodyguard. Last night, while getting the bodyguard, they still lost a night kill...thats a big deal
Demotivation
Old 01-31-2006, 01:10 PM   #734
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I admit my vote last night was quick and really just based on info from others. I should have pretty much just obstained from voting, although it probably wouldn't have made a difference. I stand by my samurai heritage and will be sure to fully investigate all possible pathways before making a vote from now on.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:11 PM   #735
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
With the night events, my list feels a little more refined to me. Still a large group of people who I am curious about, and Im guessing there might be a ninja that isnt on here that slid their vote elsewhere. If I am to assume blade, Qwik and king are all good, that refines my list I am curious about to:

Mustang, rpi, grammaticus (based on dubb's actions), taz, kwhit, Lathum, tanglewood, saldana and packerfan. I know thats a little over half of the untrusted villagers. Im hoping in the next night or two I can refine this even a little more.

Right now I think Im leaning torwards voting Mustang primarily for the reasons Grammaticus said, but am waiting a bit to see if anyone else has any info from their night actions that might sway us some.
For me, gramat is a villager too...i dont believe dubb would give up a wolf role, let alone have to use the whos online feature to look for wolves...its an assumption, but im fairly certain gramat is clean too
Demotivation
Old 01-31-2006, 01:18 PM   #736
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I do not know who i was fighting, but i know there were 2 ninjas out and about...i didnt even know it was qwik standing above me till hoops posted night actions...i apologize in this regard, i cant help you. And by choosing to save me qwik cant help you either. I actually would almost have rather have had him follow them
Demotivation
Old 01-31-2006, 01:20 PM   #737
KWhit
Coordinator

Here's last night vote count for reference:
Quote:
SirFozzie (8) - AlanT (137), Blade (149), Dubb (167), Tanglewood (324), Saldana (405), PackerFanatic (460), Kingfc (482), Qwikshot (569)
Blade (5) - Kwhit (383), Lathum (387), SirFozzie (473), TazFTW (506), Mr. W (572)

Dubb (2) - Schmidty (146), Eaglesfan (180)
Mustang (1) - Coder (168)
Qwikshot (1) - RPI (400)
Kingfc (2) - Desnudo (466), Path (496)
No Vote (1) - Mustang

Last edited by KWhit : 01-31-2006 at 01:24 PM.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:21 PM   #738
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
He could have easily chose someone else. Not voting makes it more difficult for the Samurai and this is multiplied as time goes on.

So, what you want to do is vote me off so you either remove me for non-participation and if I'm a ninja, that is just a bonus.

Why don't you just ask hoopsguy to replace me then? Kill me out of spite and you are just throwing away a Samurai.

Pretty much the exact opposite of why I didn't vote last night. It was either a spite vote or a throwaway vote...
Old 01-31-2006, 01:21 PM   #739
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Well Blade and Qwik seem pretty clean, perhaps Qwik has some kind of doctor/medic role?

As for voting today I am as yet completely undecided. I would be interested in hearing more from some of the quiter players.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:21 PM   #740
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Here's last night vote count for reference:
And a non-vote from mustang..dont forget that
Demotivation
Old 01-31-2006, 01:22 PM   #741
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
So, what you want to do is vote me off so you either remove me for non-participation and if I'm a ninja, that is just a bonus.

Why don't you just ask hoopsguy to replace me then? Kill me out of spite and you are just throwing away a Samurai.

Pretty much the exact opposite of why I didn't vote last night. It was either a spite vote or a throwaway vote...
The only reason im considering voting for you is before i came out you were spot on...so either your very observant or you were involved in the attack
Demotivation
Old 01-31-2006, 01:24 PM   #742
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
And a non-vote from mustang..dont forget that

Edited to show that.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:26 PM   #743
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't think that is exactly what he is saying, or if it is, thats not my exact feelings. I have seen wolves hide by skipping a vote here or there to make them a little less trackable or to not give people reasons to vote for them. Its actually worked well for them a few times. Right now in the early game, there is not alot to go on, as we are collecting the pieces. All I know is right now out of 19 people, I trust myself, 1 other, and then 2 others who Blade vouches for. that leaves 16 people who I really do not have much to go on to find 3 or so ninjas.

Right now Im just looking at anything that might be a ninja type move to possibly watch for, and your not posting a vote even while being here is something that a ninja might do just to slip through the cracks and make it harder to pin them down. I think at least thats what Grammaticus is getting at, or at least its some of my feelings. If I end up voting for you, its not out of spite, its just you are one of the ones who has given me the biggest reason to vote for you is all.

Don't mean to make you upset or anything, just looking at your possible strategies here, not saying anything that I am hoping would cause you to want to leave the game.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:28 PM   #744
Blade6119
Coordinator

My trust list:

For sure:
Myself
Qwik

pretty sure:
Gramat

Average:
King(its possible the ninjas were coming to get him to take him out to kill someone)

Fair:
Alan

Not very much:
Mustang
Kwhit
Lathum
taz
Mr. w

Everyone else i dont want to share on right now
Demotivation
Old 01-31-2006, 01:30 PM   #745
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, if i was the one targeted last night, i would think it would mean we have ninjas in that group that voted for me...either they wanted me dead becuase i pissed them off, or just becuase they thought i was a threat...and ninjaS..not one, unless its Mr. W.
Demotivation
Old 01-31-2006, 01:40 PM   #746
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Don't mean to make you upset or anything, just looking at your possible strategies here, not saying anything that I am hoping would cause you to want to leave the game.

No not upset. More upset at myself for now costing the Samurais now because I've seemingly put this big blinking light over myself saying 'untrustworthy'

So.. in that essence I've thrown the game off.

*shrug*

Blade said there were 2 attackers.. but, there was only 1 burnt area which suggests one Ninja made a hasty exit and the other didn't... which would make me lean towards either Qwik or Blade being a Ninja that was roughed up by a Samurai or other unknown neutral entity.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:43 PM   #747
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, I'm still tempted to vote for Mustang, but relying alot on Blade's gut instincts as well as what I was thinking, I'll throw my early vote out a different way for now. (I don't really want to start a bandwagon on Mustang before anyone else even has any votes.)

So to start for now, I'll

VOTE TAZFTW

Primarily for now going on someone who earlier yesterday just slid in a vote on someone who was rather meaningless votewise at the time, yet still part of the day's main debate. He later came back after the lynch with an explanation that mimiced a few other people's for the most part. That is what put him on my suspicious list (that and him remaining pretty quiet). I'll vote him though based on my suspicions as well as Blade's feelings about him. For the record, this vote could easily have been on Kwhit, Lathum, Mustang or a few others that I have about the same level of lack of confidence in right now. I'm not solid on this and if someone comes out with information damning someone else, I wouldnt have any problems moving it.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:46 PM   #748
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade said there were 2 attackers.. but, there was only 1 burnt area which suggests one Ninja made a hasty exit and the other didn't... which would make me lean towards either Qwik or Blade being a Ninja that was roughed up by a Samurai or other unknown neutral entity.
I was only attacked by one ninja...two were there(i believe...i saw movement in the shadows and just as i was about to investigate i was attacked), but only 1 attacked me...i moved at first towards one i saw and was attacked from behind...that ninja was the only one i fought. With this post you just went from mild distrust to a blinking red light.

You were right about what happened to me at night, and then 180 to this? Not good

VOTE MUSTANG
Demotivation
Old 01-31-2006, 01:47 PM   #749
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No not upset. More upset at myself for now costing the Samurais now because I've seemingly put this big blinking light over myself saying 'untrustworthy'

So.. in that essence I've thrown the game off.

*shrug*

I don't think I agree with this, at least about Blade. If he was a ninja injured by another samurai, I would think the samurai would come forward and condemn him. I think it would be a foolish move for a ninja to try to play this type of move off as it could easily lead to a 1 for 1 samurai for ninja swap which I would gladly take. Im still not entirely sold on Qwikshot, but I am fairly sold on Blade, and if he vouches for Qwik, then I am taking him out of my sights for a bit.

I think right now you are further making me a bit suspicious of you just because you are possibly questioning the only two people on my clear list.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:51 PM   #750
Blade6119
Coordinator

I just re-read my night action...there was one ninja...i saw movement to my left(i took that to mean a different ninja) ad heared a whistling sound by my ear...my cat-like reflexes allowed me to hit my attacker in the chin and he released the wire...he then threw the bomb and blinded me, and while blinded he cut my face with his sword/knife...i heared him run away and laid they "unable to mount any kind of defense." While laying there i heared new footsteps from a new party and called out for help.

Sorry for the confusion, i mis-read it...thats as close as i can go paraphrasing the PM without copying it.
Demotivation