Old 02-12-2006, 07:45 PM   #551
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I am a good guy, dontchu worry.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:48 PM   #552
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I welcome you to the game.

I really think there really are unknown roles. So for the future, unless anyone believes some "lost" roles are helping decisions, I expect there to be some type of clues to be sought within the seer or whoever's posts. Hopefully we can figure them out and get some others.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:04 PM   #553
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
Are you a good guy or a bad guy?

Haha. Welcome to the game Packerfanatic.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:10 PM   #554
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

welcome aboard packersfan! So what do you feel about Kwhit voting for you on day 1?

Just kidding, starting some drama!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:10 PM   #555
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

On time this time.

I've skimmed the thread quickly, but could someone give me a quick summary of general village (island?) suspects and reasons for suspicion? Thanks in advance.

It seems to be revolving around the voters for the now proven innocent Mr. W. I'm never too sure how useful it is to start accusing players based on Day 1 votes. I don't think Day 1 is a vote that usually needs 'steering', it mostly just happens of it's own accord. However, it is all that we have I guess.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:11 PM   #556
Desnudo
Coordinator

Tanglewood is high on everyone's list.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:15 PM   #557
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Tanglewood is high on everyone's list.
priceless
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:16 PM   #558
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
On time this time.

I've skimmed the thread quickly, but could someone give me a quick summary of general village (island?) suspects and reasons for suspicion? Thanks in advance.

It seems to be revolving around the voters for the now proven innocent Mr. W. I'm never too sure how useful it is to start accusing players based on Day 1 votes. I don't think Day 1 is a vote that usually needs 'steering', it mostly just happens of it's own accord. However, it is all that we have I guess.
Tangle, if you did scan the thread you would have seen lists from myself, alan, and hoops...very borad in range lists to be exact...
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:17 PM   #559
hoopsguy
General Manager

9 of 17 in the thread right now (no, that doesn't include TazFTW) - is there a vote going on that I don't know about?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:17 PM   #560
Blade6119
Coordinator

technically, yes...i already voted...no one else has worked up the courage
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 08:18 PM   #561
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
9 of 17 in the thread right now (no, that doesn't include TazFTW) - is there a vote going on that I don't know about?

If I were you, I would vote for Taz fast!
Old 02-12-2006, 08:18 PM   #562
Blade6119
Coordinator

10 of 17 now
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 08:19 PM   #563
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
technically, yes...i already voted...no one else has worked up the courage

Its not as much a lack of courage that I lack right now. I kind of am waiting to see how a few people act today, who they vote for and more importantly their reasons before I go further. I've tried to look back through as much of the data we have so far, and right now I have alot of holes that I just don't understand.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:21 PM   #564
Desmond
Banned

Just got in from shoveling most of the day. Gonna try and take in all the info from the last few pages. Im famaliar with the show Lost but all these Werewolf analogies I need to wrap my head around, lol.
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:21 PM   #565
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Its not as much a lack of courage that I lack right now. I kind of am waiting to see how a few people act today, who they vote for and more importantly their reasons before I go further. I've tried to look back through as much of the data we have so far, and right now I have alot of holes that I just don't understand.
COWARD
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 08:23 PM   #566
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
COWARD

Well I guess I have a fairly ok feel for what your stance is, what Hoops's stance is, same thing for a few others that have been in here like Raiders, Saldana, Desnudo, pennyweis, etc. Whether or not I follow completely in agreement I know the opinions.

There are at least 6-10 people who have not only given much in the way of opinion, but really haven't said much anything yet which I would like to hear a little more from.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:26 PM   #567
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Well I guess I have a fairly ok feel for what your stance is, what Hoops's stance is, same thing for a few others that have been in here like Raiders, Saldana, Desnudo, pennyweis, etc. Whether or not I follow completely in agreement I know the opinions.

There are at least 6-10 people who have not only given much in the way of opinion, but really haven't said much anything yet which I would like to hear a little more from.
In my experience, without being rude, the only way to get those people to really talk is to vote them(like penny earlier today)...it sucks, but i find accusing the quiet ones suddenly makes them speak up
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 08:27 PM   #568
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, not pressuring you to vote(well, a little)...just talking
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 08:28 PM   #569
Desnudo
Coordinator

The deadline isn't for 24 hours, so I don't see any reason to vote now.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:30 PM   #570
Desmond
Banned

And i think we'll probably get alot more info during the day tommorow then we have at this point.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:31 PM   #571
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
dola, not pressuring you to vote(well, a little)...just talking
Well, speaking for me, I'm still trying to feel my way through my first game.

I've begun to put together a set of ever-changing workable assumptions, but I'm not sure enough of any of them to be certain that I don't end up a target myself to speak up.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:31 PM   #572
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
The deadline isn't for 24 hours, so I don't see any reason to vote now.
The whole wait until the last second(which you did yesterday with your mr. w vote) to vote really perplexes me. Doesnt give people time to react...you just moved a few rungs up my list des...
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 08:32 PM   #573
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
Well, speaking for me, I'm still trying to feel my way through my first game.

I've begun to put together a set of ever-changing workable assumptions, but I'm not sure enough of any of them to be certain that I don't end up a target myself to speak up.
You can take your time...im still working my way through your play style...that comment was directed solely at players who have played before.
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 08:34 PM   #574
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I will not vote tonight, seeing as though I am just joining the game and I really haven't gotten a feel for anyone yet.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:34 PM   #575
hoopsguy
General Manager

Heck, my list was almost non-existant. So lets see if I can do a little better and maybe some conversation comes out of it:

Keep in mind that all of this is from memory, so if I have a detail wrong please correct me.

1. KWhit - is it possible to have no impression?
2. Desnudo - mildly on the do not trust list. Don't understand why you put the late vote on Mr. W, seemed like a total throw-away looking back on it
3. Alan T - flat down the middle in terms of suspicion. He is putting out information, but not really taking a stance on anything yet.
4. Mckerney - guy I'm linked to a couple of times, but there is nothing in my role that suggests this to me at all. I'm not wild about his Mr. W vote (recall it being something about not looking to make enemies) to create a three vote margin after I swung my vote to King. Mildlly suspcious.
5. Swaggs - leaving a very small footprint in the game so far
6. Gram (Hurley) - no suspicion at all, seeing as how he was killed last night
7. Spleen - mildly suspicious, I suppose. Raiders noted a discrepancy on his logic voting for Mr. W (out for night, Mr. W had not shown) and that he did not change it later when he was around with opportunity to do so.
8. Raiders Army - mild trust. The guy always seems to be a bad guy in WW, but when he is he posts a fair amount with limited substance. If he is a bad guy this time then he is evolving in terms of how he is playing the role, because he has been more forceful so far. Including calling me into doubt at points ...
9. Tanglewood - limited posts, misunderstood deadline so no vote. My initial vote on Day 1, I'm still more suspicious than trusting here.
10. Schmidty - would accuse him of something but don't want to be yelled at seriously, don't have much vibe here.
11. Desmond - very quiet first timer so far, which seems odd for someone who hasn't been shy in other threads since joining this site.
12. Hoopsguy - well, I know that I'm a survivor and I'm on record for saying that I have no role. But everyone else gets to determine how much they trust me on this.
13. Blade6119 - first guy to come out and say he is a survivor, which is the title I have in my role. So far that is enough to keep him on the mild trust list.
14. SnDvls - has come out with knowledge of the show in his posts. I worry a little bit about him doing a rope-a-dope with his "hope Mr. W shows up to defend himself" post when he was down 4-1 and had not logged onto site. That is the type of thing I would do if I was playing an other, then point that I didn't vote for him and stuck up for him when he wasn't around.
15. Mr. W - Charlie. At this point I'm hoping he had a less-than-helpful role, which I think is at least a little suggested by him having drugs on him. This is less meaningful if this is just season one characters, as he didn't kick the habit until Episode 6 (doing my homework )
16. Saldana - don't have much feel for him yet, which makes me a little uneasy. I would like to trust him sooner rather than later, but I don't right now.
17. Pennywise - fairly high on the distrust list because of his quiet Day 1 and his vote on King. I'm pretty willing to believe that one of the others dumped a vote on King and right now I distrust Penny more than I do Raiders or Blade.
18. PackerFanatic - did RPI even post? No feel at all.
19. Celeval - another guy with some show knowledge. Still trying to get some real feel on a first-time player, but he has been the most active of the new guys so far.
20. Kingfc22 - found himself in some danger on day 1, but right now I'm more in line with thinking he is a survivor. Very mild trust, based on an assumption that I am not sure I should be making.
21. Bearcat - no real feel.

I felt like I was starting to fall behind on my "list quota" for werewolf, so hopefully this is of some use to people.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:35 PM   #576
spleen1015
Coordinator

VOTE BLADE6119
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:37 PM   #577
hoopsguy
General Manager

LOL, Celeval.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:37 PM   #578
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
The whole wait until the last second(which you did yesterday with your mr. w vote) to vote really perplexes me. Doesnt give people time to react...you just moved a few rungs up my list des...

I always wait until the last minute. I don't see any reason to vote sooner unless I won't be on.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:38 PM   #579
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
VOTE BLADE6119

Spleen, can you give your reasons for voting for Blade here?
Old 02-12-2006, 08:42 PM   #580
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Spleen, can you give your reasons for voting for Blade here?

Gut feeling that he's a bad guy. Call it inexperience.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:46 PM   #581
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Gut feeling that he's a bad guy. Call it inexperience.
Its not inexperience if its your gut. Its not right in this situation, but going with your gut is usually pretty smart.
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 08:47 PM   #582
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I always wait until the last minute. I don't see any reason to vote sooner unless I won't be on.
i heavily disagree, but ill agree to disagree here...
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 08:47 PM   #583
hoopsguy
General Manager

Desnudo, I'm not sure you always wait until the last minute - not based on WW 21, anyways.

I haven't looked up the timestamps on these, but I do have the final post #s from the first two days of that game:

Day 1 - voted at Post #466, post #572 was the last before deadline
Day 2 - voted at Post #921, post #1061 was the last before deadline
Day 3 - voted at Post #1468, post #1477 was the last before deadline. However, on this day there was a late seer reveal that had a number of people swing their earlier votes, so I'm not sure this is a good indicator of you as a late voter.
Day 4 - voted at Post #1674, post #1685 was the last before deadline. I'm not sure if you voted earlier and switched or just how close to the deadline it was, but there were two people in after you on a slow day (less than 100 total posts from first vote to last)

I'm not saying that you don't have a track record of being a late poster. But based on the posts above I don't think you have a recent track record of being a late poster. Others can make of this what they will ...
Old 02-12-2006, 08:48 PM   #584
Desmond
Banned

Quote:
11. Desmond - very quiet first timer so far, which seems odd for someone who hasn't been shy in other threads since joining this site.

Figuring out how much I like Danielle from Survivors breasts is a little easier than this game. Even for someone seeing both for the first time.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:48 PM   #585
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm leaning toward the idea that all of us survivors have a character name that is unknown to us.

If I were creating this game, I'd make Jack the Doctor, Locke the Bodyguard, Walt the seer, Sawyer the good-guy assassin, Kate the Duke (maybe), etc.

I don't think I'd give Hurley or Charlie roles. They may fit into the night wanderer role or the easily converted role or something like that, but they feel more like ordinary survivors to me. They don't really fit into a typical WW role, so I think they were ordinary survivors that were given a character name after death.

As a game mechanic, it would be a bad idea to tell us all our character names beforehand because then we could all just say "I'm a survivor - my name is (blank)." Then we'd all do our character name reveals and make the others come forward and do a risky role reveal themselves where they would be forced to lie. It would be easy to trap some of them in this lie, so if I were creating the game, I wouldn't let everyone know their character name until their death. Then reveal it to the group for added flavor and as a unique way to reveal if they were a survivor or not.

At least I hope I'm right and we just lost 2 ordinary survivors instead of survivors with important roles.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:49 PM   #586
hoopsguy
General Manager

Note - I was originally only going to post the first two days, but then added your votes from each day to try and be more fair in bringing up the total picture.

Didn't want to edit the above post to change the "first two days" part of it ...
Old 02-12-2006, 08:49 PM   #587
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Desnudo, I'm not sure you always wait until the last minute - not based on WW 21, anyways.

I haven't looked up the timestamps on these, but I do have the final post #s from the first two days of that game:

Day 3 - voted at Post #1468, post #1477 was the last before deadline. However, on this day there was a late seer reveal that had a number of people swing their earlier votes, so I'm not sure this is a good indicator of you as a late voter.
Day 4 - voted at Post #1674, post #1685 was the last before deadline. I'm not sure if you voted earlier and switched or just how close to the deadline it was, but there were two people in after you on a slow day (less than 100 total posts from first vote to last)

I'm not saying that you don't have a track record of being a late poster. But based on the posts above I don't think you have a recent track record of being a late poster. Others can make of this what they will ...
As much as i dont like it, in those days with a lot of posts after his vote he is still one of the last 3-4 voters i think...i checked day one only though, so the others might be different
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 08:52 PM   #588
hoopsguy
General Manager

Day 1 - six post after him
Day 2 - eight post after him
Day 3 - four post after him (this was very close to deadline, seer reveal came with maybe 15 minutes left)
Day 4 - two post after him
Old 02-12-2006, 08:52 PM   #589
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Day 3 - four post after him (this was very close to deadline, seer reveal came with maybe 15 minutes left)
interesting indeed...
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 08:54 PM   #590
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

Desnudo howls at the moon?
Old 02-12-2006, 08:56 PM   #591
hoopsguy
General Manager

He was a samurai (good guy) in that game. I'm not saying this makes him a wolf, just that I don't think his statement about late votes is historically true.

And I had already indicated he was a little below average on my trust list - this doesn't help move him up.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:56 PM   #592
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

I think time of last post, rather than post # would be a better indicator of my voting pattern. I shouldn't have said I always behave in a certain way. Obviously if there is a definite vote, I'm not going to wait until 6:59 to make it. Anyway, I stand by my voting strategy. I don't think calling people out 24 hours before the deadline does anything other than add to the confusion.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:57 PM   #593
hoopsguy
General Manager

Agreed. I posted what I had easy access to, rather than looking up something that would be harder. But I'll play along - info to follow.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #594
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
LOL, Celeval.
Figured I'd see if I could get a few people thinking.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #595
mckerney
Coordinator

VOTE PENNYWISESB
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #596
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Agreed. I posted what I had easy access to, rather than looking up something that would be harder. But I'll play along - info to follow.
Lol, hoops always go in depth....gotta love him
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 09:02 PM   #597
hoopsguy
General Manager

Day 1: 1:14 PM CST (deadline 8PM CST)
Day 2: 8:35 PM CST (deadline 11PM CST)
Day 3: 8:57 PM CST (deadline 9PM CST)
Day 4: 8:48 PM CST (deadline 10PM CST)

Note - these are your last votes and do not reflect your initial votes (in cases where you changed votes)
Old 02-12-2006, 09:04 PM   #598
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney
VOTE PENNYWISESB

Can you give your reason why you are voting for Penny here? This vote makes it Penny 2, Blade 1. But more importantly it happened fairly soon after Blade got a vote. (second time in two days that a possible run started after Blade came either tied to the lead or close to it.)
Old 02-12-2006, 09:07 PM   #599
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Can you give your reason why you are voting for Penny here? This vote makes it Penny 2, Blade 1. But more importantly it happened fairly soon after Blade got a vote. (second time in two days that a possible run started after Blade came either tied to the lead or close to it.)
Nice catch, that is something i hadnt noticed...im now suspicious of myself Though to be fair i wasnt too afraid when i just got that spleen vote...Yesterday i did come close to being tied for the lead(NEVER TIED FOR OR TOOK THE LEAD IM PRETTY SURE)
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #600
hoopsguy
General Manager

On Day 3, the first vote came in late. 8:38 PM CST to be precise (post #1432). I didn't look up the other two days as they were a decent amount before the deadline. But I was curious about this day. On Day 3 you had gotten information from the moderator that gave you more info than your fellow players. So you were fishing for awhile on that afternoon.

Day 4 - first vote went in at 12:30 PM. Part of a bandwagon that started early that day (Post #1603). That doesn't fit any definition of late.