Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-12-2006, 09:09 PM   #601
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Nice catch, that is something i hadnt noticed...im now suspicious of myself Though to be fair i wasnt too afraid when i just got that spleen vote...Yesterday i did come close to being tied for the lead(NEVER TIED FOR OR TOOK THE LEAD IM PRETTY SURE)

Oh! Oh! I don't worry you! It's on now!

spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:10 PM   #602
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
Oh! Oh! I don't worry you! It's on now!

You worry me far more then others since i cant read you...i mean only it was 1-1...1 vote doesnt strike fear into my heart
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

Last edited by Blade6119 : 02-12-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:10 PM   #603
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
On Day 3, the first vote came in late. 8:38 PM CST to be precise (post #1432). I didn't look up the other two days as they were a decent amount before the deadline. But I was curious about this day. On Day 3 you had gotten information from the moderator that gave you more info than your fellow players. So you were fishing for awhile on that afternoon.

Day 4 - first vote went in at 12:30 PM. Part of a bandwagon that started early that day (Post #1603). That doesn't fit any definition of late.

I don't have it in me to do this kind of research. Sheesh!

hoops = loco!
Old 02-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #604
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Day 1: 1:14 PM CST (deadline 8PM CST)
Day 2: 8:35 PM CST (deadline 11PM CST)
Day 3: 8:57 PM CST (deadline 9PM CST)
Day 4: 8:48 PM CST (deadline 10PM CST)

Note - these are your last votes and do not reflect your initial votes (in cases where you changed votes)

I rarely change my votes (probably setting myself up here). Except in the case of the Seer reveal. If you look at general voting schedules, I think you'll find that ~one-two hours before the deadline is pretty long to wait except for the people who like to pop in and out. I like to have as much information as possible before making a decision. Day 1 was the flamefest where sides were chosen very early.

Anyway, I don't trust you anymore than you trust me, so feel free to keep probing.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #605
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Can you give your reason why you are voting for Penny here? This vote makes it Penny 2, Blade 1. But more importantly it happened fairly soon after Blade got a vote. (second time in two days that a possible run started after Blade came either tied to the lead or close to it.)

After reviewing some things in the thread I tend to agree with hoops and Blade that Penny is suspicious, and although I may be wrong Blade seems to be one of the people that can be trusted at this point (save for the whole thinking I may be an other).
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:14 PM   #606
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney
After reviewing some things in the thread I tend to agree with hoops and Blade that Penny is suspicious, and although I may be wrong Blade seems to be one of the people that can be trusted at this point (save for the whole thinking I may be an other).

Also wanted to get a vote in earlier this time, and at the current time Penny seems to be the best option.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:15 PM   #607
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney

No way, homie. I can't trust anyone until I facts show me that I can. The fact that Blade seems trustworthy is a big clue for me. He is a bad guy trying to convince us he's not. He wants us to trust him and I don't want to fall for it.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:17 PM   #608
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
No way, homie. I can't trust anyone until I facts show me that I can. The fact that Blade seems trustworthy is a big clue for me. He is a bad guy trying to convince us he's not. He wants us to trust him and I don't want to fall for it.

Perhaps I'll turn out to be wrong, but I don't have a whole lot to go on at this point.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:17 PM   #609
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
LOL...that was hilarious...i dont think i have acted out of my usual style, but you would have to ask others about that
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:20 PM   #610
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
I rarely change my votes (probably setting myself up here). Except in the case of the Seer reveal. If you look at general voting schedules, I think you'll find that ~one-two hours before the deadline is pretty long to wait except for the people who like to pop in and out. I like to have as much information as possible before making a decision. Day 1 was the flamefest where sides were chosen very early.

Anyway, I don't trust you anymore than you trust me, so feel free to keep probing.

The point I'm trying to make is that contextualize it rather than isolate it.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #611
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Survivor Checking in...lets get "the others" whatever the hell that means...can someone give an idea of key show roles, like what powers the others might have for us non-watchers?

Here's my first real contribution...

Blade admits to not being a watcher of the show in the same post where he mentions 'the others'.

How does he know about 'the others' if he hasn't watched the show? There is no mention of 'the others' in this thread prior to his post.

He got 'the others' from a PM he received letting him know he was part of 'the others'.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:23 PM   #612
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
LOL...that was hilarious...i dont think i have acted out of my usual style, but you would have to ask others about that

This is my first round with this, so I don't know how you've been in the past.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:24 PM   #613
hoopsguy
General Manager

Desnudo, I haven't cast a vote for you over this yet, so I'm not convinced that this whole exercise isn't a red herring. But the statement struck me as invalid in the context of last game. So I posted what I had on it, while trying to provide context in a reasonably balanced fashion.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:28 PM   #614
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Blade admits to not being a watcher of the show in the same post where he mentions 'the others'.

How does he know about 'the others' if he hasn't watched the show? There is no mention of 'the others' in this thread prior to his post.

He got 'the others' from a PM he received letting him know he was part of 'the others'.

Hmmm.... I don't know if I buy this or not, but if true it's certainly food for thought.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:29 PM   #615
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Desnudo, I haven't cast a vote for you over this yet, so I'm not convinced that this whole exercise isn't a red herring. But the statement struck me as invalid in the context of last game. So I posted what I had on it, while trying to provide context in a reasonably balanced fashion.

I understand why you are doing what you are doing. People jump on discrepancies. I recognized the error in my post (saying I always do something) almost as soon as I posted it. I've seen people hung over less in the past.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:31 PM   #616
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Hmmm.... I don't know if I buy this or not, but if true it's certainly food for thought.

Agreed. Something to keep in mind.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:32 PM   #617
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Nice catch, thats some solid detective work right there...if you want to know the reason, check out the thread just for lost(its on page 2 right now)...i posted in it on page 9(its on 11 now) before roles were sent out asking for a summary. Got a brief one, and then looked over the thread...i may have known more about the show then i let on(i also studied the lost official website which has character bios for every person on the island as well as a few fan sites)...I played dumb more to see who knew what they were talking about more then anything.

I dont watch the show, but i certainly did my homework coming in. Either way nice find.
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 09:35 PM   #618
hoopsguy
General Manager

I did a search on Page 1 and the term "others" is not used before Blade mentions it. Time to check the timestamps Blade mentioned, but I certainly didn't want to jump in giving him an explanation before he posted ...
Old 02-12-2006, 09:36 PM   #619
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Nice catch, thats some solid detective work right there...if you want to know the reason, check out the thread just for lost(its on page 2 right now)...i posted in it on page 9(its on 11 now) before roles were sent out asking for a summary. Got a brief one, and then looked over the thread...i may have known more about the show then i let on(i also studied the lost official website which has character bios for every person on the island as well as a few fan sites)...I played dumb more to see who knew what they were talking about more then anything.

I dont watch the show, but i certainly did my homework coming in. Either way nice find.

The Lost Season 2 thread is 26 pages long. Page 9 was posted all the way back in 10/2005 for me. Give me post numbers.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:37 PM   #620
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

You certainly played up the "I don't know anything about the show" angle. Why would a survivor do that?
Old 02-12-2006, 09:38 PM   #621
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
The Lost Season 2 thread is 26 pages long. Page 9 was posted all the way back in 10/2005 for me. Give me post numbers.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...postcount=1189

02-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Old 02-12-2006, 09:39 PM   #622
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
POST #1189 was my question, a wednesday, before the game started...i revied a fair amount of that thread and other lost websites
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 09:40 PM   #623
hoopsguy
General Manager

I found it - Post #1189, dated 2/8. That is Wednesday, roles went out Thursday night.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:41 PM   #624
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
You certainly played up the "I don't know anything about the show" angle. Why would a survivor do that?
Its important in a hidden role game like this all about a subject matter to know who knows their stuff. In the harry potter game it was key, knowing when people came out with reveals if they could be trusted. It was what got sun lynched after he came out with a role reveal i believe. I wanted to know who knows lost, and i do. If you disagree with that idea, so be it. But with so much knowledge show based but hidden, i think its quite wise to find out who knows what
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #625
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would have busted Blade's nuts for days if he got revealed as an "other" from that. Even if it wasn't 100% correct, thanks for bringing a smile to my face for a couple of minutes, Spleen
Old 02-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #626
spleen1015
Coordinator

hoops and mckerney jumping to Blade's defense.

3 wolfs perhaps? Hmm?
Old 02-12-2006, 09:44 PM   #627
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I would have busted Blade's nuts for days if he got revealed as an "other" from that. Even if it wasn't 100% correct, thanks for bringing a smile to my face for a couple of minutes, Spleen
LOL, if i had been a wolf and tripped up like that i never would have lived it down...i cant even imagine how much crap i would have gotten from you, ardent, dubb...hell, im sure someone would PM fozzie
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 09:45 PM   #628
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
hoops and mckerney jumping to Blade's defense.

3 wolfs perhaps? Hmm?

I was hardly jumping to any defense. I just found the post and the timestamp of the post that spleen was asking about so it could be compared with the time of Blades first post about the others.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:46 PM   #629
hoopsguy
General Manager

Again I'm getting tied to mckerney (sigh).

Spleen, I think you are getting the hang of werewolf - from being afraid to annoy someone with a vote on Day 1 to linking three people as wolfs on one post in Day 2. Congrats on your progress, even if you are 100% wrong on me as an other/wolf.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:46 PM   #630
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
But with so much knowledge show based but hidden, i think its quite wise to find out who knows what

But this whole time you've been lying about what you know. You just went up to #1 on my distrust list.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:46 PM   #631
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

Thanks! I've been reading the happenings of the thread all day thinking I didn't have what it takes to play in these games because I had nothing to offer as far as theories or things of that nature.

My crosshairs are on Blade. What the hell?!

P.S. I believe KWhit is on the good side, btw.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:47 PM   #632
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Again I'm getting tied to mckerney (sigh).

Spleen, I think you are getting the hang of werewolf - from being afraid to annoy someone with a vote on Day 1 to linking three people as wolfs on one post in Day 2. Congrats on your progress, even if you are 100% wrong on me as an other/wolf.

It is all about seeing roses in the mud and hoping to get lucky.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:48 PM   #633
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks! I've been reading the happenings of the thread all day thinking I didn't have what it takes to play in these games because I had nothing to offer as far as theories or things of that nature.

My crosshairs are on Blade. What the hell?!

P.S. I believe KWhit is on the good side, btw.
You should read alan t's game in correlation to me last game...people always trust those supporting each other. Kwhit backs your idea(or goes against me) and you like him. Just saying thats not always the best way to go(if so, raiders would be trusted for me...but alas, he still is on my suspicious list)
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 09:50 PM   #634
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
You should read alan t's game in correlation to me last game...people always trust those supporting each other. Kwhit backs your idea(or goes against me) and you like him. Just saying thats not always the best way to go(if so, raiders would be trusted for me...but alas, he still is on my suspicious list)

I have a very good reason to trust him....

You would have the same reason were you not an 'other'.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:50 PM   #635
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
But this whole time you've been lying about what you know. You just went up to #1 on my distrust list.
Fair enough, i can deal with that. I made a move to learn who knows what(which was soo key in harry potter, which was by far the closest game to this one)...you dont like it, cool. But id do it again in a hearbeat
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 09:52 PM   #636
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I have a very good reason to trust him....

You would have the same reason were you not an 'other'.
If we have an empath:

"IM NOT AN OTHER, NOT ON DAY 2 OR ANY OTHER DAY"

Im not an other, i promise you as much. You can crusade against me with kwhit's support, but in the end it will be a day that ends up not killing an other.
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 09:54 PM   #637
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
If we have an empath:

"IM NOT AN OTHER, NOT ON DAY 2 OR ANY OTHER DAY"

Im not an other, i promise you as much. You can crusade against me with kwhit's support, but in the end it will be a day that ends up not killing an other.

Old 02-12-2006, 09:55 PM   #638
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Smile all you want...this has helped me greatly...always nice to see who allies themselves with who...this will be quite useful in later days
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 09:56 PM   #639
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Smile all you want...this has helped me greatly...always nice to see who allies themselves with who...this will be quite useful in later days

Prove you're on our side and you'll have my support.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:57 PM   #640
KWhit
Coordinator

I'll be happy to say the same for the empath:

I'm not an other. I am a simple survivor.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #641
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

I sit here reading all this and I still don't know who I will vote for tomorrow. All I know is I don't trust anyone.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:00 PM   #642
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Prove you're on our side and you'll have my support.
The proof i can give would only get me killed by the wolves for being a "cleared villager"...im not about to do a role reveal until im as good as dead...so distrust me, will only make you more attentative to my play and the game(thats a good thing)
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 10:01 PM   #643
spleen1015
Coordinator

Is there something more to a role reveal other than just saying "I'm a survivor."?

If there is more, I would like to know.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:03 PM   #644
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Is there something more to a role reveal other than just saying "I'm a survivor."?

If there is more, I would like to know.
Yes, a role reveal would include more then simply saying im a survivor...anyone can do that
Demotivation
Old 02-12-2006, 10:04 PM   #645
KWhit
Coordinator

Just some posts that I find suspicious now that Blade has admitted that he did research on the show before we started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade post 50
Survivor Checking in...lets get "the others" whatever the hell that means...can someone give an idea of key show roles, like what powers the others might have for us non-watchers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade post 67
Honsestly, hes one of the names bolded on the initial list...hoping to generate chatter, but since i dont know lost i dont know why those numbers are bolded...evil clue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade post 76 about the numbers
From Kings post they held recurring value on the island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade post 79
Sun, thank you for that breakdown..i now know 100% more then i did before.

That is just from the first 2 pages of the thread. There are more examples, but I haven't gone through the whole thread yet. I find it very suspicious for someone to lie like this.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:04 PM   #646
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes, a role reveal would include more then simply saying im a survivor...anyone can do that

But, if I am a simple survivor and I don't have any special skills, etc. what is there to role reveal?
Old 02-12-2006, 10:05 PM   #647
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
But, if I am a simple survivor and I don't have any special skills, etc. what is there to role reveal?

Nothing.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:06 PM   #648
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Just some posts that I find suspicious now that Blade has admitted that he did research on the show before we started.

[/size][/font]

[/size][/font]

[/size][/font]

[/size][/font]

That is just from the first 2 pages of the thread. There are more examples, but I haven't gone through the whole thread yet. I find it very suspicious for someone to lie like this.

If he was just playing possum, then he's doing a good job of keeping up the act.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:06 PM   #649
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Nothing.

Yikes. Then this is interesting....

I hope I am right about Blade.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:07 PM   #650
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
We all recieved PMs at the beginning stating our roles...PMs that is paraphrased can easily be compared to clear people. I refuse to do that right now, as it would basically make it easy for any wolf to repeat what i say later
Demotivation