Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-20-2006, 11:09 AM   #501
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Personally, I don't think we want any reveals at this point. At least, I'm not pushing for any. On the other hand, if someone feels it's in their best interest to reveal, they probably know more about that than I do!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:11 AM   #502
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok so let's assume we don't want any reveals today. A fairly safe assumption, I would say.

So what crieteria are we thinking would be a good way for our votes? Are we looking at tangle then as a nonplayer?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:12 AM   #503
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Ok so let's assume we don't want any reveals today. A fairly safe assumption, I would say.

So what crieteria are we thinking would be a good way for our votes? Are we looking at tangle then as a nonplayer?

That sounds good to me. Did he show up at all for the two day long Day 1?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:15 AM   #504
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Thats why I wrote what I did. To try to encourage the EG to NOT reveal themselves at this point.

I concur, it's too early to reveal roles...unless you are a bad guy, then feel free to let the group know
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:17 AM   #505
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I don't see any benefit to the EG revealing himself right now unless it's to build a circle of trust. It would only help the necromancers as they'd know who to target, the EG can still be ordered to protect specific people by path without knowing his identity. Just my rookie $.02
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:17 AM   #506
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, been catching up after work last night. I agree that it is to early for reveals and all it does is give the necromancers information once they figure out who each other are.

That being said I belive they are trying to locate each other. Last night I had a feeling I was being watched by someone but when I went to look I found nothing which brings me to 2 conclusions.

1. The seer observed me.

2. A necromancer observed me.

Either way I am a plain villager and have no problem coming forward with this info. If anyone else had something similar happen I can only assume the necromancers are indeed looking for each other.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:18 AM   #507
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Like I said yesterday, I think Day 1 is a bit too early for me to just vote for someone because they haven't shown up. He was in the thread over the weekend though so knows it was starting. He didn't say he would be gone.. so if he hasn't appeared by later today I will vote for him.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:19 AM   #508
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Did you recieve an affirmative resposne or just no response? An affirmative response, meaning hoops sent you something, would seem to confirm the existence. No response though I think just means no response and we're still in the world of uncertainty.

I know that the order was processed. Nothing more than that.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:21 AM   #509
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
OK, been catching up after work last night. I agree that it is to early for reveals and all it does is give the necromancers information once they figure out who each other are.

That being said I belive they are trying to locate each other. Last night I had a feeling I was being watched by someone but when I went to look I found nothing which brings me to 2 conclusions.

1. The seer observed me.

Either way I am a plain villager and have no problem coming forward with this info. If anyone else had something similar happen I can only assume the necromancers are indeed looking for each other.

If others who had this happen came forward we might be able to get a better handle on the number of bad guys.....
Old 06-20-2006, 11:23 AM   #510
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
That sounds good to me. Did he show up at all for the two day long Day 1?
Nope. No sight of him yet.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:26 AM   #511
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nope. No sight of him yet.

Thats not technically correct. he has been here and posted since the game started. he posted over the weekend during day 1. He just did not vote. Thats why i said I would give him yesterday just in case something came up. However if he does not appear by tonight, I'm likely going to vote for him.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:32 AM   #512
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

1. The seer observed me.

This is useful indeed. Anyone else have a similar experience? I know I didn't.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:33 AM   #513
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Thats not technically correct. he has been here and posted since the game started. he posted over the weekend during day 1. He just did not vote. Thats why i said I would give him yesterday just in case something came up. However if he does not appear by tonight, I'm likely going to vote for him.
You are correct sir. I post corrected. Hopefully that wily brit will show himself soon .
Old 06-20-2006, 11:37 AM   #514
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

Nothing like that either for me...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:39 AM   #515
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I didn't either.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:40 AM   #516
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

nor I

Not sure to what to think of that yet.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:41 AM   #517
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

No nothing as far as night messages go.

And I'm at a total, complete, and absolute loss as to who to vote for. Ordinarily, the quite rapid pile on Swaggs would warrant some investigation, but neither side coulda known who they were piling onto.

I'm not a fan of spending our votes 2 nights in a row on inactive players. Let them be replaced.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:41 AM   #518
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This werewolf game disrespects Tom Brady.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:41 AM   #519
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well even establishing that Lathum was the only one to have had this is somewhat useful as it suggests a good seer view rather then one of the bad guys seeking out other bad guys.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:42 AM   #520
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
No nothing as far as night messages go.

And I'm at a total, complete, and absolute loss as to who to vote for. Ordinarily, the quite rapid pile on Swaggs would warrant some investigation, but neither side coulda known who they were piling onto.

I'm not a fan of spending our votes 2 nights in a row on inactive players. Let them be replaced.
I would disagree except that this guy relies on having alternates to come in and play fresh roles so perhaps hoops won't want to use them up as replacements?
Old 06-20-2006, 11:42 AM   #521
Barkeep49
Coordinator

That should be I wouldn't disagree..
Old 06-20-2006, 11:43 AM   #522
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Well even establishing that Lathum was the only one to have had this is somewhat useful as it suggests a good seer view rather then one of the bad guys seeking out other bad guys.

Not neccesarily.

knives out
Old 06-20-2006, 11:44 AM   #523
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I would disagree except that this guy relies on having alternates to come in and play fresh roles so perhaps hoops won't want to use them up as replacements?

True, but still, it feels like we're wasting a day if we just go straight at Tangle.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:45 AM   #524
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
True, but still, it feels like we're wasting a day if we just go straight at Tangle.
Well that's why I am hoping for something else. But I don't see anything else. Lathum's post gives us something different, at least.

Cronin why do you say not necessarily?
Old 06-20-2006, 11:48 AM   #525
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well that's why I am hoping for something else. But I don't see anything else. Lathum's post gives us something different, at least.

On the other hand, Tangle could be a necromancer. We didn't think Swaggs was ruling class when he was voted to be lynched. I don't have any problem with voting out inactive people since I get the feeling from reading other WW threads that people that don't post are more likely to be wolves. (please correct this rook if I'm wrong!)
Old 06-20-2006, 11:48 AM   #526
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Well, it's possible the other necromancers found each other. Or it's possible Lathum experienced something other than necromancer/seer.

knives out
Old 06-20-2006, 11:49 AM   #527
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
On the other hand, Tangle could be a necromancer. We didn't think Swaggs was ruling class when he was voted to be lynched. I don't have any problem with voting out inactive people since I get the feeling from reading other WW threads that people that don't post are more likely to be wolves. (please correct this rook if I'm wrong!)
I'm not sure that's true here on FOFC, but it's due in part to the fact that we pretty actively vote out those who are queit thus making it an inefficient strategy. This doesn't mean that players can't fly under the radar. Both Tyrith and WVUFan flew well under the radar in their first game to successful bad guy victories.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:51 AM   #528
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Well, it's possible the other necromancers found each other. Or it's possible Lathum experienced something other than necromancer/seer.
That's true. It is possible. But with the amount of necros to humans presumably we could coulg on more then 1 necromancer failing. Now it's still early so otehrs who had been "viewed" might still popup. But I think if by say 7 PM Central Lathum is the only one claiming this we can pretty safely assume it was a good guy see.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:51 AM   #529
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

Well, for a quick question, I wouldn't mind touching back on your original post after game on (#123 I think it was). And thusly, I have a little challenge for you.

Do you really really really REALLY hate the Necromancers, or was that just a random line?
Old 06-20-2006, 11:51 AM   #530
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin

Like what?
Old 06-20-2006, 11:53 AM   #531
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, for a quick question, I wouldn't mind touching back on your original post after game on (#123 I think it was). And thusly, I have a little challenge for you.

Do you really really really REALLY hate the Necromancers, or was that just a random line?
My hatred for the necros is like that of the desert: Burning Hot with pure unadulturated hatred. Why do you ask?
Old 06-20-2006, 11:54 AM   #532
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That's true. It is possible. But with the amount of necros to humans presumably we could coulg on more then 1 necromancer failing. Now it's still early so otehrs who had been "viewed" might still popup. But I think if by say 7 PM Central Lathum is the only one claiming this we can pretty safely assume it was a good guy see.

Is it a percentage chance or something? Not sure on how results are come to in these games...
Old 06-20-2006, 11:55 AM   #533
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
My hatred for the necros is like that of the desert: Burning Hot with pure unadulturated hatred. Why do you ask?

Mainly because nothing would please me more than ripping out the throat of every necromancer I can find, and pissing on their mummified corpses.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:56 AM   #534
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
Is it a percentage chance or something? Not sure on how results are come to in these games...
We don't know how necros find each other. There are some precentage chances in this game so it's a possiblity that their search is a percentage chance. Or it could be "Hoops I want to see if Chubby and Barkeep and Lathum are also necros". I list three since if they specify I would guess they have more than one shot to make it more likely they would find another necro.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:57 AM   #535
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Mainly because nothing would please me more than ripping out the throat of every necromancer I can find, and pissing on their mummified corpses.
Well I guess we agree on something then. Of course the trick is to find one first. And so far I'm still looking.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:57 AM   #536
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I think it's a little early in the day to assume I was the only one viewed.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:58 AM   #537
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I think it's a little early in the day to assume I was the only one viewed.
I agree. See my post in 528 for further thoughts there.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:59 AM   #538
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Necromancers do not know each other from the outset
- each one can attack on a given night
- a single Necromancer has a 50% chance of achieving a night kill alone. If there are two involved, that percentage rises to 100%.
- if they attack the Elite Guard, Mummy, or Avatar by themselves, they die. If they attack with two members, they escape the Elite Guard, but one is killed by the Mummy or Avatar.
- if they attack another necromancer, there is a 25% chance that one dies before they identify each other as necromancers
- on a failed night kill, there is a 20% chance that the target learns the identity of the necromancer.
- once they identify a fellow necromancer they can communicate (PM, IM, etc)

If I were a necromancer, I would have tried a kill last night. The odds just seem to work out better that way.

knives out
Old 06-20-2006, 11:59 AM   #539
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I did not have anything happen similar to Lathum either FYI.

I'm just your normal run of the mill villager/Egyptian....now if hoops (hint, hint) gave me a special power for tomorrow I'd love it! (nudge, nudge)
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:00 PM   #540
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
We don't know how necros find each other. There are some precentage chances in this game so it's a possiblity that their search is a percentage chance. Or it could be "Hoops I want to see if Chubby and Barkeep and Lathum are also necros". I list three since if they specify I would guess they have more than one shot to make it more likely they would find another necro.

I meant how is the % chance things worked out?

Say there's a 5% chance for the Pharaoh to eat corn tonight, is there some die roll or number generator? or is it strictly hoops that decides?

of course we don't know for this game but in previous games how does it work?
Old 06-20-2006, 12:02 PM   #541
hoopsguy
General Manager

I use random.org for all random number generation - original role decisions, any actions that have less than 100% chance of success, etc.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:02 PM   #542
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

If there were 21 people in night actions last night, and we assume 4 necros (i personally think its likely there is 5, but going with 4 for arguement sake). That would mean any 1 person with a seer ability last night would have a 4/20 chance (or 1/5 = 20%) of getting a necro. If we go with 5 necros, that still is only 25% chance.

The odds are that if they do have the ability to do a seer type thing to find other necros like barkeep says, you would have had 4-5 people (plus possibly our seer) searching. That still is 5-6/20, meaning more egyptians will be hit than necromancers. I would say odds wise, if we are notified that a necromancer looked at us last night there should be at least 2-4 people with the same message as Lathum.

If Lathum is the only one who receives that message then I think I would likely agree with Barkeep that its possibly a good seer message, and the necros have some other method of finding each other.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:02 PM   #543
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Head Necromancer powers:
1.) Search for fellow necromancers
2.) Silence (daytime action - duration one hour, must be lifted with ten minutes remaining before deadline) - 3x per game, can't be used on consecutive days
3.) Disease (two days to live - cannot be stopped by bodyguard). Available 2x per game.
4.) Animate mummy - raise a dead player (new FOFC member) who is aligned with necromancer team. Available every 4th day, beginning with Night 4.

keep #2 in mind for today and the future if someone is too quiet...my guess is it is hoops way of keeping everyone online/active until the final vote count..how evil
Old 06-20-2006, 12:04 PM   #544
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
keep #2 in mind for today and the future if someone is too quiet...my guess is it is hoops way of keeping everyone online/active until the final vote count..how evil

Didnt blade earlier say he wasnt going to be on at all until the last 10 minutes?
Old 06-20-2006, 12:06 PM   #545
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Didnt blade earlier say he wasnt going to be on at all until the last 10 minutes?

I believe something close to that, but I don't believe he could have posted that message if he was silenced..IMO
Old 06-20-2006, 12:07 PM   #546
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm not sure how useful I think that really is. I suppose a bandwagon could be formed and a person be helpless to defend against it until shortly before lynch, but I don't think overall it will have TOO much of an impact other than annoying me if it's used while I'm bored at work
Old 06-20-2006, 12:08 PM   #547
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
I believe something close to that, but I don't believe he could have posted that message if he was silenced..IMO
One would assume he couldn't have posted this if he were silenced. NOt to mention it's a little early to know which hour you were going to be silenced.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:08 PM   #548
SnDvls
Pro Starter

also need to be aware that the seer could have his scan distorted and come back reversed..per the rules. so it could get tricky.

the seer needs to be 100% sure before a role reveal down the line or we could lose both the seer and a villager and not have any leads.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:10 PM   #549
path12
Coordinator

I thought the silence would be for everybody the way I read it. Are you thinking it could be used just on individuals?
Old 06-20-2006, 12:10 PM   #550
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
One would assume he couldn't have posted this if he were silenced. NOt to mention it's a little early to know which hour you were going to be silenced.

didn't catch the hour part in my first reading, just the 10 min part. thanks BK.

If I were silenced for an hour I guess I would just stay offline for that hour then come back.