Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-09-2011, 10:12 PM   #201
sabotai
General Manager

Bit Time Wrestling
Week 2, March 1989

Attendance: 1,000

(The Show Begins....)

Ross and Baker Hype the upcoming match between Mil Mascaras and Eddie Guerrero from the comfort of their announcers table. (D)

Mark Callous vs. Shane Douglas
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Mark Callous defeated Shane Douglas in 9:37 by pinfall with a Tombstone. (E+)
Mark Callous was really off his game tonight. Doctor Claw did some good work at ringside.

Eddie Guerrero is interviewed backstage by Ox Baker, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Mil Mascaras. (D)

Brian Pillman vs. Ricky Santana
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brian Pillman defeated Ricky Santana in 13:39 by submission with a Crucifix Armbar. (D)
Ricky Santana is improving in Performance skills.

Mil Mascaras vs. Eddie Guerrero (Pacific Northwest MW Title)
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Eddie Guerrero defeated Mil Mascaras in 19:54 by pinfall with a Frog Splash. Eddie Guerrero wins the NWA Pacific Northwest Middleweight title. (C)
Eddie Guerrero is improving in Technical skills.

Final Rating: C-
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:17 PM   #202
sabotai
General Manager

New Signing

Lex Luger - 30yo American, Upper Midcard Face, Heavyweight Brawler. C- Brawling, B Char, C- Acting, B- Athl, C+ Tough, C- Stam, B+ Power, C- Basics and Psych, C+ Sex Appeal, B+ Star Quality, B Menace. A bit of a project, I should have him do a lot of interviews with Jim Ross to try to improve his Mic skills (D-). Starting him off at Upper Midcard, but he'll move to Main Event once his popularity increases (D in NW). $1500 PPA.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:57 PM   #203
sabotai
General Manager

Going to try something. I'm going to pre-book the next 3-4 months of cards (in a text file) to try to be more consistent, make sure I space out matches correctly and try to get some main eventer-heavy cards (to try to get a C+ card here and there) and save up for them.

So, I figured it'd be a good time to do a "state of the roster" post to help organize my thoughts.

Openers
2 Cold Scorpio - 8 months - $150 PPA. Pop F+, Mom. E
Del Wilkes - 8 months left - $100 PPA. Pop F, Mom. E
Diamond Dallas Page - 6 months - $150 PPA. Pop F, Mom. E
George Hines - 8 months - $100 PPA. Pop F, Mom. E
Jerry Lynn - 8 months - $100 PPA. Pop F, Mom E-
Scott Armstrong - 2 months - $250 PPA. Pop F+, Mom E
Vampire Warrior - 8 months - $100 PPA. Pop F-, Mom E-

Lower Midcard
Barry Horowitz - 2 months, $350 PPA, Pop F+, Mom E
Brian Adams - 8 months, $100 PPA, Pop E, Mom E+
Scott Peterson - 3 months, $100 PPA, Pop E, Mom E+
Shane Douglas - 8 months, $400 PPA, Pop E-, Mom E+

Midcard
Battle Kat - 8 months, $400 PPA, Pop E+, Mom D
Brian Pillman - 8 months, $600 PPA, Pop D-, Mom D+
Dean Malenko - 54 days, $400 PPA, D, Mom D+
Lanny Poffo - 8 months, $700 PPA, Pop D, Mom -
Mark Callous - 3 months, $200 PPA, Pop E+, Mom D-
Pegasus Kid - 2 months, $400 PPA, Pop D-, Mom D
Steve Doll - 11 months, $350 PPA, Pop E+, Mom E+

Upper Midcard
Eddie Guerrero - 2 months, $400 PPA, Pop D, Mom C-
Lex Luger - 8 months, $1500 PPA, Pop D, Mom -
Rick Rude - 4 months, $1500 PPA, Pop D+, Mom C-
Rick Steiner - 6 months, $700 PPA, Pop D-, Mom D-
Ricky Santana - 4 months, $800 PPA, Pop D-, Mom D
Sid Vicious - 5 months, $350 PPA, Pop C, Mom D+
Terry Taylor - 7 months, $900 PPA, Pop D-, Mom D

Main Event
Barry Windham - 31 days, $2000 PPA, Pop C, Mom C-
Big Van Vader - 8 months, $1500 PPA, Pop C+, Mom C
One Man Gang - 7 months, $2000 PPA, Pop C, Mom C-
Rick Martel - 5 months, $1500 PPA, Pop C, Mom C-

Well CRAP........Barry Windham rejects negotiations. We're not big enough for him anymore....

Time to give Vader and Luger a big push so they can step in. And my search for a 3rd main event face continues once again...

I move Rick Rude and Lex Luger to Main Event
I move Brian Pillman to Upper Midcard
I move Shane Douglas to Midcard
I move Scott Armstrong and 2 Cold Scorpio to Lower Midcard

I move Steve Doll down to Lower Midcard
Old 08-09-2011, 11:01 PM   #204
sabotai
General Manager

Current Storylines

Martel's Reign - will be coming to an abrupt end since Windham will be leaving.
Malenko vs. Battle Kat - 2 more matches to go
Santana vs. Pillman - 1 more match to go
Mascaras vs. Guerrero - 1 more match to go

Over the last 2 weeks of March, I'll be ending all of these....so I might as well play on, and then begin doing my pre-booking for the next 3-4 months at the beginning of April. I want to start will a clean slat, almost like a reboot.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #205
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, March 1989

(The Show Begins...)

Ross and Baker Hype the upcoming match between Mil Mascaras and Eddie Guerrero from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

Dean Malenko vs. Battle Kat
In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Dean Malenko drew with Battle Kat in 10:17 following a double count out. (D+)
Dean Malenko seemed off his game tonight. Dean Malenko and Battle Kat don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout.

Eddie Guerrero is interviewed backstage by Jim Ross, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Mil Mascaras. (D-)
Eddie Guerrero is developing better performance skills.

Brian Pillman vs. Ricky Santana
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brian Pillman defeated Ricky Santana in 10:20 by pinfall with a Leaping Thrusting Lariat. (D)

Ladder Match: Eddie Guerrero vs. Mil Mascaras (Pacific Northwest MW Title)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Eddie Guerrero defeated Mil Mascaras in 16:51 when Eddie Guerrero retrieved the item. Eddie Guerrero makes defence number 1 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Middleweight title. (D-)
Mil Mascaras was visibly tiring toward the end. This wasn't as good as the usual recent matches between these competitors and that made it seem even worse. As the fourth time this match-up has been done recently, it needed to be much better.

Final Rating: D-

Forgot about a match they had awhile ago. I went ahead with it anyway thinking that ladder match + title match would overcome it. In previous versions of the game, it was possible to over come the 3-match rule. I'm thinking it might be a lot harder in this one.

Oh well...
Old 08-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #206
sabotai
General Manager

New Signings

A few more heel openers who have just entered the wrestling world

Stevie Ray - 28yo American. Heel Opener. Heavyweight Brawler. $200 PPA

Booker T - 23yo American. Heel Opener. Heavyweight Brawler. $150 PPA
Old 08-09-2011, 11:36 PM   #207
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, March 1989

Attendance: 1,887

(The Show Begins...)

Ross and Baker Hype the upcoming match between Barry Windham and Rick Martel from the comfort of their announcers table. (C)

Sid Vicious vs. Del Wilkes
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Sid Vicious defeated Del Wilkes in 9:15 by pinfall with a Chokeslam. (D-)
Sid Vicious was really off his game tonight.

Rick Martel is interviewed backstage by Ox Baker, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Barry Windham. (D+)
Doctor Claw helped Martel during this segment. Rick Martel is developing better performance skills.

Rick Rude vs. Mil Mascaras
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Rick Rude defeated Mil Mascaras in 10:01 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening. (D+)

Cage Match: Rick Martel vs. Barry Windham (Pacific Northwest HW Title)
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Rick Martel defeated Barry Windham in 19:10 by pinfall. Rick Martel makes defence number 6 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (C-)

Old 08-09-2011, 11:40 PM   #208
sabotai
General Manager

That was my 100th show so I get an extra point for my talents. Negotiating, Motivating, Creativity and Leadership. 1-10 ratings, and I started all 4 out at 5 (you get 20 points at the beginning to distribute).

From the help file:

• Negotiating: A high score will lower worker’s tolerance during contract negotiations (meaning it is easier to get them to sign the deals you want) and also increase their patience (meaning they are less likely to walk out).
  • Motivating: A high score means that your natural ability to motivate your workers will see them work harder in the ring and therefore result in less “off nights” and generally better performances.
  • Creativity: A high score means that turns and gimmick changes that you trigger will be more likely to be a success.
  • Leadership: A high score means that you have a tighter control of your backstage area, which means there will be greater harmony and less negative backstage incidents.
Backstage has been at 100% for awhile, despite the new addition of "very negative influence" Lex Luger, so I don't need leadership. I don't do many gimmick changes or turns. I do see my fair share of off nights, but I think I'll put that point into Negotiating since that will help be get workers to work for less.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #209
sabotai
General Manager

Well, I wrote out the next 4 months worth of cards. Some of these cards could be real stinkers, but some came very far under budget so I can use the my expensive talent in angles.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #210
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, April 1989

Brian Adams and 2 Cold Scorpio are now friends

(The Show Begins...)

Big Van Vader had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Mark Callous. (D)

Barry Horowitz vs. Diamond Dallas Page
In an extremely poor match, Barry Horowitz defeated Diamond Dallas Page in 9:06 by pinfall with a Horowitz Roll-Up. (E)

Rick Rude is interviewed backstage by Ox Baker, he hypes himself up to the moon. (D)
Rick Rude is developing better performance skills.

Lex Luger vs. Ricky Santana
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Lex Luger defeated Ricky Santana in 13:18 by submission with a Torture Rack. (E+)
Lex Luger and Ricky Santana just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances.

Big Van Vader vs. Mark Callous (Pacific Northwest TV Title)
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Big Van Vader defeated Mark Callous in 18:28 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. Big Van Vader makes defence number 3 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (D+)
Doctor Claw did some good work at ringside.

Final Rating: D-

Like I said, some of these could be really bad, but I do need to make these feuds last a bit longer. I'm burning through the match ups too quickly.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:13 PM   #211
sabotai
General Manager

New Signing

Ron Gavin - 44yo Canadian - Main Event Face - Middleweight Regular Wrestler. C+ Brawling, C Charisma, C- Acting, Performances from C to B+, B- Athl, B- Toughness, B Stam. Since I pre-booked the next 4 months, I'll swap out a few matches and give Gavin a few squash matches here and there. At the end of the 4 month period, he'll get a storyline. $1500 PPA.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:22 PM   #212
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, April 1989

(The Show Begins...)

Paul Heyman is interviewed backstage by Jim Ross, he hypes an upcoming singles match between One Man Gang and Rick Steiner (C-)
Jim Ross is learning to show more charisma. One Man Gang is developing better performance skills.

Lanny Poffo vs. Del Wilkes
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Lanny Poffo defeated Del Wilkes in 9:50 by pinfall with a Diving Senton. (D-)

Doctor Claw is interviewed backstage by Ox Baker, he hypes his client Rick Martel to the moon. (D)
Doctor Claw performed poorly in this segment. Rick Martel is developing better performance skills.

Pegasus Kid vs. Stevie Ray
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Pegasus Kid defeated Stevie Ray in 13:17 by pinfall with a Dragon Suplex. During the match we also had Dean Malenko distract Pegasus Kid. (D)
Stevie Ray is improving in Technical skills.

One Man Gang vs. Rick Steiner
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, One Man Gang defeated Rick Steiner in 17:18 by pinfall with a 747. (D+)
One Man Gang was visibly tiring toward the end. One Man Gang is improving in Technical skills. One Man Gang is improving in Performance skills.

Final Rating: D+

It says Doctor Claw performed badly, but I'm pretty sure it's because my popularity is still F-. I'm not sure how to raise my pop other than using myself in angles.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #213
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, April 1989

(The Show Begins....)

Big Van Vader is interviewed backstage by Jim Ross, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Rick Rude. (C-)
Big Van Vader is developing better performance skills. Jim Ross is learning to show more charisma.

Lanny Poffo vs. Barry Horowtiz
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Lanny Poffo defeated Barry Horowitz in 9:44 by pinfall with a Diving Senton. (D-)

Rick Martel promises that there will be a surprise during tonight's Vader vs. Rude match. (C-)
Doctor Claw helped Martel during this segment.

Lex Luger vs. Scott Peterson
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Lex Luger defeated Scott Peterson in 9:17 by submission with a Torture Rack. (D)
Lex Luger and Scott Peterson have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.

Big Van Vader vs. Rick Rude (Pacific Northwest TV Title)
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Rick Rude defeated Big Van Vader in 19:29 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening following interference from Mark Callous. Rick Rude wins the NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (C-)
As the fourth time this match-up has been done recently, it needed to be better.

Good, the match survived, mostly, the "4th match recently" penalty. I tried a few different match ups, but I needed to get the belt to Rude.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #214
sabotai
General Manager

Steve Doll is bitching up a storm about his push. *shrug* He sucks and isn't popular. Tough shit for him.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #215
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, April 1989

(The Show Begins....)

Rick Rude had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Terry Taylor. (D)

Dean Malenko vs. Del Wilkes
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Dean Malenko defeated Del Wilkes in 9:44 by submission with a Texas Cloverleaf. During the match we also had Pegasus Kid distract Malenko. (D+)

Lex Luger vs. Steve Doll
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Lex Luger defeated Steve Doll in 8:40 by submission with a Torture Rack. (D-)

Rick Martel comes to the ring and brags about how he caused Big Van Vader to lose his title last week. (C)

Rick Rude vs. Terry Taylor (Pacific Northwest TV Title)
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Rick Rude defeated Terry Taylor in 19:35 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening. Rick Rude makes defence number 1 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (C)

Old 08-11-2011, 12:08 AM   #216
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Like I said, some of these could be really bad, but I do need to make these feuds last a bit longer. I'm burning through the match ups too quickly.

Worrying about the matchups issue is what sent me (very quickly) to using a fantasy football scheduler to help set my pairings in my (unpublished) Monday Night Wars game. Sounds kind of crazy I guess but it actually works pretty well. Have to skip some bad chemistry pairings, create some tag matches on the fly, etc. but two 16 "team" "schedules" facing every opponent one time produces 15 weeks of matches for two TV shows or a PPV. There's 4 weeks in a month + 1 PPV X 3 months = 15 weeks. It gets kind of convoluted & I'll spare the details but what it does is makes sure that each guy only faces any opponent in the same match once every three months/twice ever six months.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #217
chesapeake
College Starter

You have a big roster, so you should be able to use that to keep your main event pairings fresh. Adding two of your cheaper midcarders as secondary roles in your storylines would allow you to create tag-team matchups and 3-way matches that put your two principals into the ring without risking any 4th match penalty -- all without increasing your costs by much.

I think you would also benefit from setting up a stable or two for the same reason.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:40 AM   #218
sabotai
General Manager

I actually do have a stable up. The M.A.D. Organization. It did have 4 wrestlers in it, but they've left and I've restocked. Right now it's just Doctor Claw, Rick Martel and Mark Callous. I was thinking of throwing Rude or Ricky Santana in as the 3rd wrestler.

For the scheduling, I've actually don't something similar to fantasy football schedules in the past for my "performance over popularity" promotions. I set up a promotion/relegation system and had equal number of workers in each push. I would have everyone face those in their push once over several weeks. The Opener with the best match average would move up a spot, the Lower Midcard with the lowest average would move down, and so on up the card. Each "season" would usually take 2-3 months. In the default universe, NOTBW is great for that set up.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:55 AM   #219
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, May 1989

(The Show Begins...)

Big Van Vader is interviewed backstage by Ox Baker, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Mark Callous and promises to get revenge against Callous for causing him to lose the TV title to Rude. (D+)

Brian Pillman vs. Steve Doll
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brian Pillman defeated Steve Doll in 9:30 by submission with a Crucifix Armbar. (E+)

Paul Heyman is interviewed backstage by Jim Ross, he hypes his client One Man Gang to the moon (D+)
Jim Ross is learning to show more charisma. One Man Gang is developing better performance skills.

Big Van Vader vs. Mark Callous
In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Big Van Vader defeated Mark Callous in 12:59 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (C-)
Doctor Claw did some good work at ringside. Mark Callous is improving in Flying skills.

Pegasus Kid vs. Dean Malenko
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Pegasus Kid defeated Dean Malenko in 19:47 by pinfall with a Dragon Suplex. (C-)
The match needed to be a lot shorter given who was involved.

Two midcarders should not be closing the show with a 20 minute match, but it was still a C-, so I'm going to just not care about for now.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:01 AM   #220
sabotai
General Manager

I just got a message that Dean Malenko will be leaving the company tomorrow. Usually the game tells me that a worker will be going into his final month...occasionally I have missed these and have gotten the message that I have 1 more day to negotiate. I missed both of those messages so Malenko is leaving. Gonna try to sign him back up right after he leaves.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:09 AM   #221
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, May 1989

(The Show Begins...)

Ron Gavin vs. 2 Cold Scorpio
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ron Garvin defeated 2 Cold Scorpio in 7:41 by pinfall with a Garvin Stomp. (D)

Brian Pillman comes to the ring and challenges Eddie Guerrero to a match for the middleweight title. (E)

Pegasus Kid vs. Diamond Dallas Page
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Pegasus Kid defeated Diamond Dallas Page in 12:03 by pinfall with a Dragon Suplex. (D)

Rick Martel has an interview in which he taunts Big Van Vader. (C)

Rick Rude vs. Lex Luger (Pacific Northwest TV Title)
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Lex Luger defeated Rick Rude in 19:10 by disqualification. (D+)
Lex Luger was visibly tiring toward the end.

I tried to use the "Protect" booking note on Lex Luger to see if that would help him last longer in the match, but that didn't work.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:12 AM   #222
sabotai
General Manager

Crisis averted, Dean Malenko signed a new contract. (Of course, now he has no momentum and the storyline he was in is erased, so it might turn out badly having him and Pegasus Kid fight the main event again.....)

Last edited by sabotai : 08-13-2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:21 AM   #223
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, May 1989

(The Show Begins....)

Ross and Baker Hype the upcoming match between Dean Malenko and Pegasus Kid from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

Mark Callous vs. Barry Horowitz
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Mark Callous defeated Barry Horowitz in 8:57 by pinfall with a Tombstone. (E+)

After the match, Doctor Claw grabs a mic and hypes up Mark Callous. (D-)

One Man Gang vs. Shane Douglas
In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, One Man Gang defeated Shane Douglas in 11:50 by pinfall with a 747. (D+)
Paul Heyman did some good work at ringside. One Man Gang is improving in Technical skills.

Big Van Vader has an interview in which he responds to Rick Martel. (D)

Dean Malenko vs. Pegasus Kid
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Dean Malenko defeated Pegasus Kid in 16:22 by submission with a Texas Cloverleaf. (C)
The match was too long given who was involved.

Good, the match didn't suffer.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:35 AM   #224
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, May 1989

Attendance: 1,837

(The Show Begins...)

Battle Kat vs. Lanny Poffo
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Battle Kat drew with Lanny Poffo in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (D+)

Paul Heyman is interviewed backstage by Jim Ross, he hypes his client One Man Gang to the moon (C-)

Sid Vicious vs. Rick Steiner
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Sid Vicious defeated Rick Steiner in 12:17 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (D+)

After the match, Sid Vicious walks around all menacing like. (B)

Eddie Guerrero vs. Brian Pillman (Pacific Northwest MW Title)
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Eddie Guerrero defeated Brian Pillman in 17:53 by pinfall with a handful of tights. Eddie Guerrero makes defence number 2 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Middleweight title. (C)
Brian Pillman was visibly tiring toward the end.

Yeah, I know the Menace angles are pretty "gamey", and some consider it pretty much borderline cheating, but I'm going up against an AI that can book the same match weekly and not face any penalties, so I think some of the "gamey" things I do evens it out some. (This being the only one I can think of, but if I find some others, I'm probably going to use them.)

Last edited by sabotai : 08-13-2011 at 01:36 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:11 AM   #225
sabotai
General Manager

Speaking of the AI, let's see how the other feds are doing.

WWF
Global
Prestige: B+ , Momentum B
Popularity is steady, gaining a bit in Canada
Main Eventers: Randy Savage (HW Champ), Andre The Giant, Bob Orton Jr., Harley Race, Hulk Hogan, Jimmy Snuka, Junkyad Dog, King Kong Bundy, Magnificent Muraco, Paul Orndorff, Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Roddy Piper

JCP
Cult
Prestige: E, Momentum C+
Slowly gaining pop in the US
Main Eventers: Adrian Adonis (HW Champ), Jake Roberts and Bobby Eaton

AWA
Cult
Prestige: B, Momentum B-
Losing pop in a few regions of the US, steady in others
Main Eventers: Jake Roberts (HW Champ), Barry Darsow, Bret Hart, Curt Hennig, Dennis Condrey, Dick Slater, Greg Gange

WCWA
Cult
Prestige: D, Momentum: C
C across the board. Gaining slightly.
Main Eventers: Buzz Sawyer (HW Champ), Adrian Adonis, Bobby Eaton, Dick Murdoch, Kevin Sullivan, Lance Von Erich, Mike Von Erick, Ted DiBiase

WWA
Regional
Prestige: C-, Momentum C
D+ Great Lakes (stready), F+ in Mid Atlantic (falling - was E-), E- Tri State (gaining, was F+)
Main Eventers: Golden Lion (HW Champ - Upper Midcarder), Buzz Sawyer, Greg Wojokowski, Kevin Sullivan

CWA
Regional
Prestige: C+, Momentum: B-
C in South East (just ticked up), E- in Great Lakes
Main Eventers: Bill Dundee (HW Champ), Brickhouse Brown, Jerry Lawyer, Rick Rude, Rocky Johnson, Tommy Rich

PNW (me)
Regional
Prestige: C-, Momentum: D+
D+ in North West (gaining, was D a few months ago), F+ in South West (steady)
Main Eventers: Rick Martel (HW Champ), Big Van Vader, Lex Luger, One Man Gang, Rick Rude, Ron Gavin

CCW
Regional
Prestige: D+, Momentum: D+
D+ South East (gaining), F+ Great Lakes (falling), F+ Mid Atlantic (steady), F+ Puerto Rico (steady)
Main Eventers: Buddy Landell (HW Champ), Dutch Mantell, Scott Hall, Tennessee Stud, Wendell Cooley

CSW
Regional
Prestige: E-, Momentum: C
D Mid West (steady), E- Mid South (gaining)
Main Eventers: Tommy Rogers (HW Champ), Al Perez, Bill Dundee, Bulldog Bob Brown

WWC
Regional
Prestige: B-, Momentum: C
C Puerto Rico (gaining), F+ Tri State (falling), F+ South East (steady)
Main Eventers: Black Gordman (HW Champ), Carlos Colon, Eric Embry, Frankie Lancaster, Hercules Ayala, Invader #1
Old 08-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #226
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, June 1989

(The Show Begins....)

Ross and Baker Hype the upcoming match between Sid Vicious and Lex Luger from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)

Steve Doll vs. George Hines
In an extremely poor match, Steve Doll defeated George Hines in 9:23 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (E-)
Steve Doll and George Hines just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances.

Lex Luger is interviewed backstage by Jim Ross, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Sid Vicious. (D+)
Lex Luger is developing better performance skills. Jim Ross is learning to show more charisma.

Mark Callous vs. Barry Horowitz
In an extremely short match, Mark Callous defeated Barry Horowitz in 0:53 by pinfall with a Tombstone. (D-)

Brain Pillman vs. Stevie Ray
In an extremely poor match, Brian Pillman defeated Stevie Ray in 12:29 by pinfall with a Leaping Thrusting Lariat. (E+)

Big Van Vader and Rick Martel are in the ring, where they take verbal shots at each other being separated as they were about to brawl. (D+)

Sid Vicious vs. Lex Luger
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Lex Luger defeated Sid Vicious in 9:44 by disqualification. (C-)
The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown.

Final Rating: D
Old 08-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #227
sabotai
General Manager

New Signing

Rey Misterio Jr. - 14yo Mexican - Lower Midcarder Face - Small Luchador - B Aerial, B Flashiness, barely any entertainment, B+ Athl, B Stam, C- to B+ Performances, Offered him a contract before I saw his age. Not sure if age matters in this game. Start off at lower midcarder, try to gain some pop with some wins over openers and see what happens.

Last edited by sabotai : 08-13-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #228
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, June 1989

(The Show Begins...)

Ross and Baker Hype the upcoming match between One Man Gang and Lex Luger from the comfort of their announcers table. (C)

Ron Gavin vs. Steve Doll
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ron Garvin defeated Steve Doll in 8:36 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock. (D)

Paul Heyman is interviewed backstage by Jim Ross, he hypes an upcoming singles match between One Man Gang and Lex Luger (C-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Lanny Poffo defeated Battle Kat in 13:55 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. (C-)

One Man Gang vs. Lex Lugar
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Lex Luger defeated One Man Gang in 13:35 by pinfall. (C)

Old 08-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #229
sabotai
General Manager

Ricky Santana wanted $1000 PPA. Too much. Not good in the ring, not good in front of the camera. When I started, he had the pop to get good match ratings (for the time), but Ds and D+s don't do it for me anymore. The only C- match he put on was with Mil Mascaras. Can't justify keeping him on so he'll be leaving soon.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #230
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, June 1989

(The Show Begins....)

Mark Callous vs. Jerry Lynn
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Mark Callous defeated Jerry Lynn in 9:15 by pinfall with a Tombstone. (D-)
Mark Callous seemed off his game tonight. Doctor Claw did some good work at ringside.

Rick Rude is interviewed backstage by Ox Baker, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Lex Luger. (D)
Rick Rude is developing better performance skills.

Rick Steiner vs. Ricky Santana
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Rick Steiner defeated Ricky Santana in 11:52 by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog. (D-)

Bull Ramos comes to the ring and says that's about time that Rick Martel and Big Van Vader settles things in the ring next week. (C)

In a bout that had great heat and good action, Rick Rude defeated Lex Luger in 15:18 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. Rick Rude makes defence number 2 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (C)

Lex Luger did not like losing that match.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #231
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, June 1989

(The Show Begins...)

Big Van Vader is interviewed backstage by Jim Ross, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Rick Martel. (D+)
Big Van Vader is developing better performance skills. Jim Ross is learning to show more charisma.

Ron Gavin vs. Scott Peterson
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ron Garvin defeated Scott Peterson in 8:02 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock. (D)
Scott Peterson has a dreadfully stale character, a change is really needed.

Rick Martel is interviewed backstage by Ox Baker, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Big Van Vader. (C-)
Doctor Claw helped Martel during this segment. Rick Martel is developing better performance skills.

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Battle Kat defeated Lanny Poffo in 12:52 by pinfall. (C-)

Rick Martel vs. Big Van Vader (Pacific Northwest HW Title)
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Big Van Vader defeated Rick Martel in 18:36 when Rick Martel was disqualified when Mark Callous ran in and attacked Big Van Vader. (C+)
Rick Martel is improving in Performance skills.

Final Rating: C
Old 08-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #232
sabotai
General Manager

Looks like JCP might be done. News is that they are going bankrupt. I use the editor to see what their financial situation is. $18mil in the red.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:01 PM   #233
sabotai
General Manager

Bit Time Wrestling
Week 1, July 1989

(The Show Begins....)

Eddie Guerrero is interviewed backstage by Ox Baker, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Brian Pillman. (D+)
Eddie Guerrero is developing better performance skills.

2 Cold Scorpio vs. Jerry Lynn
In an extremely poor match, 2 Cold Scorpio defeated Jerry Lynn in 7:01 by pinfall with a Tumbleweed. (E)
2 Cold Scorpio and Jerry Lynn have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.

Paul Heyman is interviewed backstage by Jim Ross, he hypes his client One Man Gang to the moon (D+)

Sid Vicious vs. Rick Steiner
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Sid Vicious defeated Rick Steiner in 11:49 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (D+)

Eddie Guerrero vs. Brian Pillman (Pacific Northwest MW Title)
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Eddie Guerrero drew with Brian Pillman in 16:46 following a double count out. (C)

Old 08-13-2011, 11:10 PM   #234
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, July 1989

(The Show Begins...)

Ross and Baker Hype the upcoming match between Dean Malenko and Pegasus Kid from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

Rick Steiner vs. Steve Doll
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Rick Steiner defeated Steve Doll in 10:13 by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog. (D)

Doctor Claw comes out to the ring, along with Mark Callous. Doctor Claw hypes his client as the second coming of pestilence. (D-)

Lanny Poffo vs. Scott Peterson
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Lanny Poffo defeated Scott Peterson in 9:51 by pinfall with a Diving Senton. (E+)

Big Van Vader and Rick Martel are found backstage, arguing and being held apart. Finally, they go their separate ways. (D+)

Dean Malenko vs. Pegasus Kid
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Dean Malenko defeated Pegasus Kid in 17:12 by submission with a Texas Cloverleaf. (C-)
Dean Malenko was really off his game tonight. The match was too long given who was involved. Dean Malenko is improving in Rumble skills.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:20 PM   #235
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, July 1989

(The Show Begins...)

Lex Luger is interviewed backstage by Ox Baker, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Rick Rude. (C-)
Lex Luger is developing better performance skills.

Shane Douglas vs. Stevie Ray
In an extremely poor match, Shane Douglas defeated Stevie Ray in 10:20 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (E+)

Rick Rude is interviewed backstage by Jim Ross, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Lex Luger. (C-)
Rick Rude is developing better performance skills. Jim Ross is learning to show more charisma.

One Man Gang vs. Rick Steiner
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, One Man Gang defeated Rick Steiner in 13:07 by pinfall with a 747. (D+)
One Man Gang is improving in Technical skills.

In a bout that had great heat and good action, Rick Rude defeated Lex Luger in 11:56 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening. Rick Rude makes defence number 3 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (C)

Old 08-13-2011, 11:27 PM   #236
sabotai
General Manager

Rick Rude re ups for $1500 PPA

Eddie Guerrero gets 3 more moths at $450 PPA

Rick Martel signs on at $2000 PPA
Old 08-13-2011, 11:30 PM   #237
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, July 1989

(The Show Begins....)

Rick Martel is interviewed backstage by Ox Baker, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Big Van Vader. (C-)

Ladder Match: Eddie Guerrero vs. Brian Pillman (Pacific Northwest MW Title)
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Eddie Guerrero defeated Brian Pillman in 15:42 when Eddie Guerrero retrieved the item. Eddie Guerrero makes defence number 4 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Middleweight title. (C)
Brian Pillman was visibly tiring toward the end.

Big Van Vader is interviewed backstage by Jim Ross, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Rick Martel. (D+)

Cage Match: Rick Martel vs. Big Van Vader (Pacific Northwest HW Title)
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Rick Martel defeated Big Van Vader in 19:39 by submission with a Boston Crab. Rick Martel makes defence number 7 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (C)

Final Rating: C
Old 08-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #238
sabotai
General Manager

Pre-booking seemed to go ok. A few stinkers at first but a few C shows there at the end. I pre-booked the next 5 months, but all of the cards in the 5th month just have 2 matches booked. I'll leave an open slot for each card to keep things flexible. It's mostly that I couldn't find main event matches so we'll see how things go.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:12 PM   #239
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, August 1989

(The Show Begins...)

Ross and Baker Hype the upcoming match between Eddie Guerrero and Terry Taylor from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

2 Cold Scorpio vs. George Hines
In an extremely poor match, 2 Cold Scorpio defeated George Hines in 7:44 by pinfall with a Tumbleweed. (E-)

Brian Pillman vs. Lanny Poffo
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brian Pillman defeated Lanny Poffo in 13:48 by submission with a Crucifix Armbar. (D+)

Doctor Claw and Rick Martel gloat about beating Big Van Vader last week. (E-)
Rick Martel is developing better performance skills.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Terry Taylor (Pacific Northwest MW Title)
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Eddie Guerrero defeated Terry Taylor in 14:49 by pinfall with a Frog Splash. Eddie Guerrero makes defence number 5 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Middleweight title. (C-)

That E- angle had Doctor Claw as the catalyst and Martel in support. Just one of the angles I'm using to try to improve Doctor Claw's popularity. Didn't expect a high rating, but didn't expect one that bad either.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #240
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, August 1989

(The Show Begins...)

Lex Luger is interviewed backstage by Ox Baker, he hypes an upcoming singles match against One Man Gang. (C-)
Lex Luger is developing better performance skills.

Scott Peterson vs. Del Wilkes
In an extremely poor match, Scott Peterson defeated Del Wilkes in 9:08 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. (E)

Paul Heyman is interviewed backstage by Jim Ross, he hypes an upcoming singles match between One Man Gang and Lex Luger (D+)
Jim Ross is learning to show more charisma. One Man Gang is improving at acting. One Man Gang is developing better performance skills.

Rick Steiner vs. Mark Callous
In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Rick Steiner defeated Mark Callous in 14:42 by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog. (D)

Lex Luger vs. One Man Gang
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Lex Luger defeated One Man Gang in 13:07 by pinfall. (C)

Old 08-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #241
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, August 1989

(The Show Begins...)

Scott Armstrong vs. Booker T
In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Scott Armstrong defeated Booker T in 8:28 by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. (E)
Booker T is improving in Performance skills.

Terry Taylor vs. Stevie Ray
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Terry Taylor defeated Stevie Ray in 10:15 by pinfall with a Five Arm. (E+)
Stevie Ray seemed off his game tonight. Terry Taylor and Stevie Ray don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. Stevie Ray is improving in Technical skills.

Doctor Claw, Rick Martel and Mark Callous walk to the ring and hype up the M.A.D. Organization. (D-)
Doctor Claw underperformed. Rick Martel came across well. Rick Martel is developing better performance skills. Mark Callous is learning to show more charisma. Mark Callous is developing better performance skills.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Shane Douglas (Pacific Northwest MW Title)
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Eddie Guerrero defeated Shane Douglas in 16:48 by pinfall with a Frog Splash. Eddie Guerrero makes defence number 6 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Middleweight title. (C-)
Eddie Guerrero is improving in Rumble skills.

After the match, Eddie Guerrero adds insult to injury by continuing to attack Shane Douglas. After a few minutes of this, Dean Malenko runs down to the ring and saves Douglas. (D-)

Malenko's turn did not go down well according to the game.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #242
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, August 1989

(The Show Begins...)

Ross and Baker Hype the upcoming match between Mark Callous and Ron Garvin from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)

Brian Adams vs. Diamond Dallas Page
In an extremely poor match, Brian Adams defeated Diamond Dallas Page in 7:51 by pinfall with a Choke Slam. (E)
Brian Adams has now switched to a Biker gimmick. It has gotten an initial B+ rating.

Ron Garvin is interviewed backstage by Jim Ross, he hypes an upcoming match against Mark Callous and even gets a few verbals jabs in directed at Rick Martel (C-)
Jim Ross is learning to show more charisma.

Dean Malenko vs. Lanny Poffo
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Dean Malenko defeated Lanny Poffo in 12:42 when Lanny Poffo was disqualified when Eddie Guerrero ran in and attacked Dean Malenko. (C-)

Ron Gavin vs. Mark Callous
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Ron Garvin defeated Mark Callous in 12:52 when Mark Callous was disqualified when Rick Martel ran in and attacked Ron Garvin. (D+)

After the match, Mark Callous and Rick Martel continue to attack Ron Gavin. Even Doctor Claw gets a few shots in. (D-)

Old 08-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #243
sabotai
General Manager

Rick Rude suffered a broken ankle while working for another organization. He'll be out for 54 days. As it so happens, while I had Rude booked for this week, he wasn't going to have a major feud for a few months.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:03 PM   #244
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, Sept. 1989

(The Show Begins...)

Ross and Baker Hype the upcoming match between One Man Gang and Brian Pillman from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

Barry Horowitz vs. Stevie Ray
In an extremely poor match, Barry Horowitz defeated Stevie Ray in 10:29 by pinfall with a Horowitz Roll-Up. (E-)

Paul Heyman is interviewed backstage by Jim Ross, he hypes an upcoming singles match between One Man Gang and Brian Pillman (D+)

Sid Vicious vs. Brian Adams
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Sid Vicious defeated Brian Adams in 10:05 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (D-)
The match suffered because of the lack of selling on display.

Sid does his menacing thing. (B)

One Man Gang vs. Brian Pillman
In a match that had some good action and average heat, One Man Gang defeated Brian Pillman in 15:29 by pinfall with a 747. (D)
One Man Gang is improving in Technical skills. One Man Gang is improving in Flying skills.

I'm pretty sure a Rude vs. Pillman match would have done a lot better.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:06 PM   #245
sabotai
General Manager

New Signing

Robert Thompson - 17yo American - Heel Opener - Light Heavyweight Regular Wrestler. C- Brawling, C+ Toughness, C+ Stam, B- Power, C- Psych, but B- Basics and B in Consistency and Safety, but D Selling. Another body to throw to the faces. $100 PPA.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:07 PM   #246
sabotai
General Manager

Thompson thinks he should be a midcarder. On day one he complains. I cut him. Have fun not working.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:15 PM   #247
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, Sept. 1989

(The Show Begins....)

Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Diamond Dallas Page
In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Rey Misterio Jr. defeated Diamond Dallas Page in 9:20 by pinfall with a Springboard Hurracanrana. (D-)

Paul Heyman is interviewed backstage by Ox Baker, he hypes an upcoming singles match between One Man Gang and Lex Luger (C-)
Paul Heyman is learning to show more charisma. One Man Gang is developing better performance skills.

Lanny Poffo vs. Shane Douglas
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Lanny Poffo drew with Shane Douglas in 14:47 when the match descended into chaos after Eddie Guerrero and Dean Malenko became involved. (D-)

Malenko and Douglas continue to brawl with Guerrero and Poffo. (E+)

One Man Gang vs. Lex Luger
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, One Man Gang defeated Lex Luger in 13:05 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. (D+)
One Man Gang was really off his game tonight.

Not a good start to September...
Old 08-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #248
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, Sept. 1989

(The Show Begins....)

Ross and Baker Hype the upcoming match between Lex Luger and Sid Vicious from the comfort of their announcers table. (C)

Battle Kat vs. Diamond Dallas Page
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Battle Kat defeated Diamond Dallas Page in 9:11 by pinfall. (E)
Battle Kat and Diamond Dallas Page don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout.

Rick Steiner vs. Mark Callous
In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Rick Steiner defeated Mark Callous in 13:22 by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog. (D+)
Doctor Claw did some good work at ringside. Mark Callous really needs a change to his character desperately.

Rick Martel had an interview hyping himself by telling everyone watching just... how.. good.. he... is... (C-)

Lex Luger vs. Sid Vicious
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Lex Luger defeated Sid Vicious in 14:29 by disqualification. (D+)

Old 08-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #249
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, Sept. 1989

(The Show Begins...)

Mark Callous vs. Brian Adams
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Mark Callous defeated Brian Adams in 9:19 by pinfall with a Choke Slam. (D)

Rick Martel had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Rick Steiner. (D+)

Dean Malenko and Shane Douglas vs. Eddie Guerrero and Lanny Poffo
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Dean Malenko and Shane Douglas drew with Eddie Guerrero and Lanny Poffo in 16:10 when the match descended into chaos. (C-)
Shane Douglas is improving in Rumble skills. Shane Douglas is improving in Technical skills. Lanny Poffo is improving in Performance skills.

Rick Martel vs. Rick Steiner (Pacific Northwest HW Title)
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Rick Martel defeated Rick Steiner in 13:25 by submission with a Boston Crab after interference from Mark Callous. Rick Martel makes defence number 8 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (C)

After the match, Martel and Callous continue to attack Steiner until Ron Garvin rushes out to his rescue. (D)

Old 08-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #250
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, Oct. 1989

(The Show Begins...)

While Bull Ramos is out talking to the crowd about how great he is, he also mentions that tonight we will see Ron Garvin take on Mark Callous (D+)

Dean Malenko vs. Scott Peterson
In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Dean Malenko defeated Scott Peterson in 8:52 by submission with a Texas Cloverleaf. (C-)
Scott Peterson has a dreadfully stale character, a change is really needed.

Ron Garvin is interviewed backstage by Jim Ross, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Mark Callous. (C)
Jim Ross is learning to show more charisma.

Sid Vicious vs. Big Van Vader
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Sid Vicious drew with Big Van Vader in 12:53 following a double count out. (D+)
Sid Vicious was visibly tiring toward the end.

Cage Match: Ron Garvin vs. Mark Callous
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Ron Garvin defeated Mark Callous in 16:49 by pinfall with a Knockout punch. (C-)
Doctor Claw did some good work at ringside. Mark Callous really needs a change to his character desperately.