Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-22-2020, 12:51 PM   #21001
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
And its worked so well for him...

He's really moooooved the bar lower.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 12:57 PM   #21002
Thomkal
Head Coach

Oof
Old 01-22-2020, 01:22 PM   #21003
JediKooter
Coordinator

Sorry...had to.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 01-23-2020, 05:45 AM   #21004
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So Tulsi Gabbard, in a move sure to make Dems vote for her...

Don't worry. She is going on Fox News every day to explain her thinking. That's the best way to reach the Democratic constituents, right?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:13 PM   #21005
kingfc22
Head Coach

Trey Gowdy really is a moron, "Or is it only because he’s [Biden] in that status of potential candidate that this somehow is elevated to something for which he [Trump] should be removed from office."

Yes. That is exactly the reason. When a President is using the power of his office for personal gain, in this case trying to damage a potential presidential opponent, then you are going to get impeached.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 01-23-2020 at 06:14 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:33 PM   #21006
Edward64
Head Coach

Very interested in the details. Assume the Israelis know what will be proposed and have essentially bought on. Assume the Palestinians will say its DOA (but hopefully a foundation to work from).

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/23/polit...sit/index.html
Quote:
The Trump administration has invited Israel's Prime Minister and opposition leader to the White House Tuesday as it plans to finally unveil its long-awaited vision for ending the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

President Donald Trump, speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One on Thursday, said he would release the Mideast plan before the Tuesday meeting. "Sometime prior to that," Trump said, shortly before arriving in Florida. "Probably we'll release it a little bit prior to that."
:
:
Speaking on Air Force One, Trump said the administration had spoken to the Palestinians "briefly."

"We've spoken to them briefly, but we will speak to them in a period of time," he said. "And they have a lot of incentive to do it. I'm sure they maybe will react negatively at first, but it's actually very positive for them."

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-23-2020 at 08:34 PM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:59 PM   #21007
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Assume the Israelis know what will be proposed and have essentially bought on.]

Is that really a safe assumption these days?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:33 PM   #21008
bronconick
College Starter

Israel's busy having a third election in 11 months in March because no one wants to work with a Netenyahu under indictment. They literally can't do anything outside of a caretaker government using a 2018 budget, I believe. If they're meeting, it's for Netenyahu and Trump to proclaim a victory on something meaningless for votes.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:35 PM   #21009
JPhillips
General Manager

Yeah. They've admitted they haven't spoken to the Palestinians, so it's all just for show.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:48 AM   #21010
QuikSand
lolzcat

#MarshaBlackburnIsTrash - Twitter Search

damn
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:51 AM   #21011
Flasch186
Coordinator

Again, Fuck the GOP 4 who proclaims that they are always moderate mysteries. They absolutely will not do anything, in the end, but fall in line. I can't help but vomit any time I hear one of the talking heads on CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, or Fox News talk about these 4 like they're not in the bag and they might surprise us. Bullshit. This is tribal politics at its worst and I wish for god's sake and our countries that we eventually move to a legitimate multiparty system.

When the next opposition President gets in office, no matter what they do, when the other side screams and cries fire in the theatre I'll point back to this era and say you said that they could do anything, you voted that they could dso anything, and you never held anyone to account. Now sleep in your fucking bed you made.

Of course, they'll ignore video proof of what they said and say that things are different now and the sad part is a subsection of our country will buy in again.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:30 AM   #21012
JPhillips
General Manager

Huge march today in Iraq demanding the U.S. leave.

So much winning.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:38 AM   #21013
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Again, Fuck the GOP 4 who proclaims that they are always moderate mysteries. They absolutely will not do anything, in the end, but fall in line. I can't help but vomit any time I hear one of the talking heads on CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, or Fox News talk about these 4 like they're not in the bag and they might surprise us. Bullshit. This is tribal politics at its worst and I wish for god's sake and our countries that we eventually move to a legitimate multiparty system.

When the next opposition President gets in office, no matter what they do, when the other side screams and cries fire in the theatre I'll point back to this era and say you said that they could do anything, you voted that they could dso anything, and you never held anyone to account. Now sleep in your fucking bed you made.

Of course, they'll ignore video proof of what they said and say that things are different now and the sad part is a subsection of our country will buy in again.

Sort of like the zero Senate votes on the impeachment of Bill Clinton? It's all a sideshow. The only people with any integrity are the no votes from the GOP house/Senate members for Clinton and the Democratic house members for Trump. Of course I know you and most of the board won't see it that way (This is serious this time! Nothing to do with my politics at all I would feel this way about anyone! Things are forever going to be different because a president from another party is in office! ) but from a non Republican/Democrat point of view it is all just bread and circuses for the masses.

Last edited by panerd : 01-24-2020 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Got my parties mixed up
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:41 AM   #21014
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:43 AM   #21015
spleen1015
Coordinator

I agree with you 100% panerd. My interest in politics was 0 for a long time because of that very fact. For some reason with Trump, I've been more interested because I want to see the d-bag fall. I eventually realized this is all the same BS, so I don't give a shit any more.

Just gonna live my life and enjoy what I'm doing.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:54 AM   #21016
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Sort of like the zero Senate votes on the impeachment of Bill Clinton? It's all a sideshow. The only people with any integrity are the no votes from the GOP house/Senate members for Clinton and the Democratic house members for Trump. Of course I know you and most of the board won't see it that way (This is serious this time! Nothing to do with my politics at all I would feel this way about anyone! Things are forever going to be different because a president from another party is in office! ) but from a non Republican/Democrat point of view it is all just bread and circuses for the masses.

Right. So in the future when they oppose the next president I hope that they are muted by the things they said to the contrary now. FWIW, I feel this way on a personal level too. When people around me support XYZ that's happening I hope that they understand that they have zero cred to get their panties in a wad when the next president does exactly XYZ.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:02 AM   #21017
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Apparently, it's not possible to legitimately think that Clinton didn't deserve impeachment and that Trump does deserve impeachment. You must be a party hack.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 01-24-2020 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:54 AM   #21018
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Apparently, it's not possible to legitimately think that Clinton didn't deserve impeachment and that Trump does deserve impeachment. You must be a party hack.

I believe his post also contained about 3 paragraphs of hyperbole like "This is the end of politics as we know it!" "Now the Democrats will play this game as well!" Like they haven't already? My "Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V' is for these exact moments that don't think the two sides are part of a big giant game. The definition of politics contains this... the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power. I'll accept I am clearly a broken record you just have to realize I respond to the broken records on here that think somehow 2020 is really any different than 1972 or 1900 or 1804(There was a dual involving the Vice-President for Christ's sake)...
Old 01-24-2020, 09:59 AM   #21019
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I agree with you 100% panerd. My interest in politics was 0 for a long time because of that very fact. For some reason with Trump, I've been more interested because I want to see the d-bag fall. I eventually realized this is all the same BS, so I don't give a shit any more.

Just gonna live my life and enjoy what I'm doing.

Yeah Larry always gets his panties in a wad about my posts for some reason but I'm in the same boat. Could give two shits about Trump and would love to see him fired like his tagline on his show. (Not sure most of this board understands what they are getting with Pence but that's a whole other topic all together) It's just the whole GW Bush is the end of politics, Obama's America is the love of the world, Trump is the end of politics contrasted with Bush is the savior from terrorism, Obama is making America Communists, Trump is making America Great Again fight where every year it's "the worst it's ever been". I mean I already mentioned the Burr/Hamilton duel, there have been presidential assassinations, a civil war, multiple World Wars, Watergate, an actor elected president... This is not the worst politics have ever been.

Last edited by panerd : 01-24-2020 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:21 AM   #21020
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
The only people with any integrity are the no votes from the GOP house/Senate members for Clinton and the Democratic house members for Trump.

This is the part of your post I was responding to. And I think it's a ridiculous assertion. Certainly the two impeachments concern vastly different issues and it's not necessarily inconsistent to have differing opinions about them.

My issue with your repetitive posts is that you never want to discuss the issues involved. For instance, do you think Trump deserves to be impeached? Did Clinton deserve to be impeached? Should there be witnesses? Why or why not? Instead you just resort to your usual spiel about how both sides are hypocrites and everything is the same as it's always been, which is a convenient way of avoiding discussion of any substantive issues.

Old 01-24-2020, 10:55 AM   #21021
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
This is the part of your post I was responding to. And I think it's a ridiculous assertion. Certainly the two impeachments concern vastly different issues and it's not necessarily inconsistent to have differing opinions about them.

My issue with your repetitive posts is that you never want to discuss the issues involved. For instance, do you think Trump deserves to be impeached? Did Clinton deserve to be impeached? Should there be witnesses? Why or why not? Instead you just resort to your usual spiel about how both sides are hypocrites and everything is the same as it's always been, which is a convenient way of avoiding discussion of any substantive issues.

So you aren't confused that the impeachment votes and debt ceiling votes etc always happen on party lines? Every 4-8 years everyone on both parties changes their philosophy? Or it's just a complete sham/shell game? One seems a lot more likely to me.

I think both impeachments were pure politics. Unfortunately this current one is going to backfire and cost us with 4 more years of Trump. And I will walk that back a bit, technically Clinton and Trump both probably committed impeachable offenses to the letter of the law but the impeachments are all just political games. They have been wanting to impeach Trump since the minute he won the election. Mueller report comes out, let's move on to the next thing we can grip onto...

I hate Trump. I actually tossed and turned the night of the Iran missile attack. Normally that would just be Middle East being the Middle East but with him it could be a nuclear catastrophe. But for the most part he really is just an idiot that says what other politicians just lie about. Not the worst ever, not the end of American politics...
Old 01-24-2020, 10:57 AM   #21022
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah Larry always gets his panties in a wad about my posts for some reason but I'm in the same boat. Could give two shits about Trump and would love to see him fired like his tagline on his show. (Not sure most of this board understands what they are getting with Pence but that's a whole other topic all together) It's just the whole GW Bush is the end of politics, Obama's America is the love of the world, Trump is the end of politics contrasted with Bush is the savior from terrorism, Obama is making America Communists, Trump is making America Great Again fight where every year it's "the worst it's ever been". I mean I already mentioned the Burr/Hamilton duel, there have been presidential assassinations, a civil war, multiple World Wars, Watergate, an actor elected president... This is not the worst politics have ever been.

This man has my proxy. I couldnt have said it better.

--- Separate though ----

I generally avoid tin foil hat conspiracy theories but the older I get the more I believe that all the fighting and back and forth is truly orchestrated chaos. Its the red cape that both sides wave to distract us.
The sword behind the cape is the elitest remaining in power. Through the history of mankind a populace will organize and attack a common enemy.
If the population is left happy they will demand happiness. By manufacturing strife and conflict you ensure the unwashed masses feud amongst themselves and isolate the aristocrats from true unified scrutiny.

Then they systemically attack masculinity and aggression and convince the populace that the very willingness to fight is cause in and of itself of condemnation.

Last edited by CU Tiger : 01-24-2020 at 10:58 AM.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:03 AM   #21023
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So you aren't confused that the impeachment votes and debt ceiling votes etc always happen on party lines?

The last debt ceiling vote happened August 1 and the vote was 67-28 on the basis of DEMOCRATIC votes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...06e_story.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washington Post
Republican leaders including Trump himself had been working to round up GOP support ahead of Thursday’s vote, trying to avoid a repeat of the outcome in the House last week, when a majority of Republican lawmakers ignored Trump’s pleas and voted against the deal. It passed the House anyway, on the strength of Democratic votes. The lobbying effort paid off in the Senate as more Republicans voted in favor of the deal than against it, by a margin of 30-23. Five Democrats also voted “no.”

So no, they don't always seem to happen on party lines, do they?
Old 01-24-2020, 12:57 PM   #21024
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
The last debt ceiling vote happened August 1 and the vote was 67-28 on the basis of DEMOCRATIC votes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...06e_story.html

So no, they don't always seem to happen on party lines, do they?

You're pointing out one exception and using it as a counterpoint to another poster saying that partisan politics is prevalent.

Am I understanding that correct?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:03 PM   #21025
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You're pointing out one exception and using it as a counterpoint to another poster saying that partisan politics is prevalent.

Of course!

I was depressed in college and played Russian Roulette. Pulled the trigger 3x and the gun never went off.
It perfectly safe to do this. Everyone should.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:18 PM   #21026
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I was depressed in college and played Russian Roulette. Pulled the trigger 3x and the gun never went off.
It perfectly safe to do this. Everyone should.

Had flashbacks to Deer Hunter.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:20 PM   #21027
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The difference between the words prevalent and always might be useful here.

But if we need more examples, then the 2011 debt ceiling was also not along partisan lines, as it included votes from 45 Democrats and 28 Republicans. The House version of that same bill was 174 Republicans and 95 Democrats.

Old 01-24-2020, 01:33 PM   #21028
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:

I'd like someone from the "OMG Both Sidez" camp to answer this question. Is this possible?

Last edited by Butter : 01-24-2020 at 01:33 PM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:38 PM   #21029
thesloppy
Pro Starter

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/reco...ry?id=68506437

Tapes!
Old 01-24-2020, 02:42 PM   #21030
RainMaker
General Manager

Both should have been impeached and removed from office. We should have higher standards for leaders. Clinton committed perjury and used his position of power to have an affair with a subordinate. Maybe that doesn't fall under "high crimes" but we should expect more. Trump tried to bribe a foreign country by withholding Congressionally approved taxpayer funds till the country investigated his political rival. Puts national security at risk and shit that should be for banana republics. Sure it's politicized now but that doesn't mean you shouldn't report the right thing.

Last edited by RainMaker : 01-24-2020 at 02:43 PM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:48 PM   #21031
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

So... what does "always" mean in your dictionary?

Quote:
But if we need more examples, then the 2011 debt ceiling was also not along partisan lines, as it included votes from 45 Democrats and 28 Republicans. The House version of that same bill was 174 Republicans and 95 Democrats.

Yep. He literally used the debt ceiling as an example of always partisan voting when the recent history of it just hasn't really been the case. And the 2011 debt ceiling crisis was just due to saber rattling statements by some GOP leaders that lead to a delay in approving it. Not to mention the debt ceiling has been raised or suspended 19 times since 2000. How many times did you see partisan saber rattling? Twice?

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 01-24-2020 at 02:56 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 03:10 PM   #21032
JPhillips
General Manager

The condensed story of the debt limit:

Both sides played games with the debt limit, but neither party went so far as to use it to hold the government hostage, knowing how damaging that could be.

And then one day the GOP began using it to take hostages as a standard tactic.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:19 PM   #21033
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Both should have been impeached and removed from office. We should have higher standards for leaders. Clinton committed perjury and used his position of power to have an affair with a subordinate. Maybe that doesn't fall under "high crimes" but we should expect more. Trump tried to bribe a foreign country by withholding Congressionally approved taxpayer funds till the country investigated his political rival. Puts national security at risk and shit that should be for banana republics. Sure it's politicized now but that doesn't mean you shouldn't report the right thing.

I agree both should have been impeached but differ somewhat on rationale. Clinton because of perjury, don't really think an affair rises to the level. Trump for pushing a foreign country to investigate a political rival, not necessarily the act of withholding of aid which I believe, right or wrong, is done (or similar) all the time.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:24 PM   #21034
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I agree both should have been impeached but differ somewhat on rationale. Clinton because of perjury, don't really think an affair rises to the level. Trump for pushing a foreign country to investigate a political rival, not necessarily the act of withholding of aid which I believe, right or wrong, is done (or similar) all the time.

But, the OMB came out and said, "that was against the law." It's hard to argue the right or wrong part, and it's harder to speculate on the 'I think it's done all the time' when there's no other documentation of it, and furthermore, if we take that logic and put it back on the Nixon administration, then, shouldn't we believe that what he did was normal and 'happens all the time'?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 03:26 PM   #21035
RainMaker
General Manager

I have never heard of aid being withheld till you can get a personal favor done.

The affair thing doesn't bother me, but the fact it is with a subordinate makes it different. Lot of CEOs get the boot for doing that. McDonalds just fired theirs. Don't want people working in the White House thinking they need to fuck the President to keep their job (or move up).
Old 01-24-2020, 03:34 PM   #21036
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Though in fairness, in the late 90s was when that stuff started to be really not ok. I remember going to law school in the early 2000s, and one of the professors had married one of his law students and it was just about that time that people were like, I dunno if that's ok (where a lot of older folks were like what's the issue, it was after she graduated, etc).
Old 01-24-2020, 03:50 PM   #21037
JPhillips
General Manager

There's nothing savvy about an argument that because a past impeachment was partisan, no impeachment can ever be valid again.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:54 PM   #21038
JPhillips
General Manager

lol

They copied the Starfleet logo.

Old 01-24-2020, 03:58 PM   #21039
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

If Trump appoints William Shatner as Secretary of the Space Force then I will become a Trump supporter.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:06 PM   #21040
RainMaker
General Manager

That logo is cool as fuck.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:09 PM   #21041
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The difference between the words prevalent and always might be useful here.

Panerd saying it is "always" partisan is of course incorrect. It only takes one to disprove him, so he set hinself up to fail there.

But it is entirely disingenious for you or Issidiqui to do so and not acknowledge that his general point that partisanship reigns heavily at Congress is true. The extremely partisan nature of today's poltiics is why we're where we are today.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:12 PM   #21042
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
lol

It's quite honestly one of the best things Trump has done. It's totally half-assed and stupid and typical of his particular idiocy, but it is really effing cool.

Old 01-24-2020, 06:35 PM   #21043
Edward64
Head Coach

Sign me up!
Old 01-24-2020, 07:20 PM   #21044
bronconick
College Starter

It also tells me that whoever "designed" the logo knew he wasn't getting paid because we all know there's no way they asked whoever owns the rights to Star Trek.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:25 PM   #21045
Atocep
Coordinator

With any other administration, if you saw something like that released, you'd assume it was homage to Star Trek and was likely done with their knowledge.

With this administration everyone knows it was half-assed, no one was asked before using their copyright, and Trump probably has no idea what Starfleet is but it sounds cool so use it.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:00 PM   #21046
Warhammer
Pro Starter

While it is obviously influenced by the UFoP logo, there are enough different elements to have a law suit dismissed.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:18 PM   #21047
JediKooter
Coordinator

New Court Documents Reveal That Corruption at the Trump Inaugural Fund Went to the Very Top

Any other timeline, this would be all it would take to impeach & remove The Criminal In-Chief. I hope he lives long enough so he and his family can go to jail.

Old 01-24-2020, 10:26 PM   #21048
cuervo72
Head Coach

Pompeo explodes at NPR reporter, asks if she could find Ukraine on a map | TheHill
Old 01-24-2020, 10:33 PM   #21049
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I love that he just had an unlabeled map at the ready.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:47 PM   #21050
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
lol

To be fair, the Air Force committed THAT act of plagiarism a while ago; this is just an updated version of that plagiarism.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote