Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-30-2004, 07:22 AM   #1
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Getting out of the funk: my new job.

Not a great time for me FOF-wise (solo & MP) although I actually enjoy very much these "challenging times":

for starters, the Paris Musketeers, my franchise in the IHOF multiplayer league finished with a disapointing 8-8 record in its first year..then in my current Cleveland Browns career in solo play (year 2054): after starting the season 9-3 (we were Defending Champs), we then inexplicably lost 4 games in a row (a first !) to finish the year 9-7 and out of the Playoffs for the first time in 9 seasons...Off of those 4 straight losses, the last two games of the season were homers...

To make things even worse, for salary cap reasons I had to cut some aging, overpaid veterans and make room to some unproven rookies.

The first two games of the 2055 season were home games as well, against division rivals...both losses. We now stand 0-2, last in our division.

Dating back to last season, that makes it 6 straight regular season losses, including 4 in a row at home...

I don't recall having ever been in such a mess on the field in FOF in a lonnnnnng time, but that's fun !! I like the challenge of bringing a good nucleus of players back all together and having some new cohesion developps. I'll see if I can rebound from the 0-2 start and turn things around. It's a cool time actually.

- Chairman of the IHOF Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director of the Brigham Young Cougars in TCY
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.

Darkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 07:29 AM   #2
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I was NOT expecting an FOF thread with a title like that. Quit infusing your fantasy sports world into the real-life dramas around here!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote