Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-25-2020, 05:17 AM   #1
Ronmun29
n00b

A great time but always looking Qs

I got this game back in June, and it has made this Pandemic/lay off year bearable. I am always one to tinker under the hood, and have played in that time a dozen SP "careers" each of 7-20 seasons, and each time learning something new and going back to "try it this way"

Looking for the tools like draft analyzer now, and any other utilities to increase my tinkering...there seems to be a loop when one searches for them, that simply loops back to a page where they are not actually present.

I did find a very cool draft class/roster creator here, but are there any other utilities along the lines of analysis, editing coaches, editing schedules, editing ongoing leagues (including but not only 'expansion' ) or players in an ongoing SP league (including tweaking injuries, etc)

Any/all of these would be great...

Thank you!
R

Ronmun29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:33 PM   #2
james17
n00b

I have the same questions.
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:46 AM   #3
Ronmun29
n00b

Thanks James17
I'm thinking that over 300 reads and 1 reply means we are a party of two though...a shame
Old 12-08-2020, 12:20 PM   #4
jamesUMD
High School JV

There are tons of threads that go into the various aspects of the game, i.e. chemistry, weight training, position switches. I would look for the videos/podcasts as they were awesome. I have been playing this game since the beginning, and to be honest, I would try a bunch of different key word searches on this board, as that is where you can find hidden gems. I think it's just that you are coming into a group of players that have been through all the mechanics over and over with each iteration/evolution of the game, so it's tough to break it down again. Also yes, many of the links in the reference section loop back, but the vast majority of the info can be found if using the right search terms, ad then saving or bookmarking that information.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:43 PM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

Sorry for the community's lack of response, me included.

You asked for specific stuff. It basically doesn't exist. FOF is designed to occupy a fairly narrow niche. The toys you'd like, many of us would welcome, but the game design doesn't seem friendly to it.

So, if you want a GM sim, optimized for long term fictional universe play, with realistic modern day stats and a generally good game and economic engine... here you are. If you want Madden or fantasy league setups or whatnot, this probably isn't it and really can't be square-pegged terribly well to do that stuff.

A quick moving multi player league is probably the best treatment I'd offer to get the most out of FOF.

General Manager League Forum

Short of that, there is (as mentioned above) a lot of content here, and playing a solo career under house rules, or exploring some game facet that hasn't really clicked yet can be pretty engaging too.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 01:30 PM   #6
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

As far as links go, operation sports changed the base URL for the entire site without updating our database. If you just use the ID number extensions with the current base URL, all of those threads should probably work.
Old 12-10-2020, 11:01 AM   #7
Ronmun29
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Sorry for the community's lack of response, me included.

You asked for specific stuff. It basically doesn't exist. FOF is designed to occupy a fairly narrow niche. The toys you'd like, many of us would welcome, but the game design doesn't seem friendly to it.

So, if you want a GM sim, optimized for long term fictional universe play, with realistic modern day stats and a generally good game and economic engine... here you are. If you want Madden or fantasy league setups or whatnot, this probably isn't it and really can't be square-pegged terribly well to do that stuff.

A quick moving multi player league is probably the best treatment I'd offer to get the most out of FOF.

General Manager League Forum

Short of that, there is (as mentioned above) a lot of content here, and playing a solo career under house rules, or exploring some game facet that hasn't really clicked yet can be pretty engaging too.

To be (more?) clear.. I do know what this game is...and purchased it because that was what I wanted.
What I was asking about, was items such as the "draft analyzer" which are mentioned in several places on this forum, but the links simply go in a circle, so was basically asking if there is somewhere else they may be found.
Thank you.
Old 12-10-2020, 07:29 PM   #8
Dawgfan19
High School JV

I primarily use only the draft analyzer and the player tracker. Those tools and others, can be found here:

GitHub - gstelmack/FOFUtilities: DraftAnalyzer and PlayerTracker FOF8 support.
Dawgfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 07:36 PM   #9
Dawgfan19
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronmun29 View Post
Thanks James17
I'm thinking that over 300 reads and 1 reply means we are a party of two though...a shame

BTW, to set expectations, FOF 8 is a fairly old release of this game. The vets who know about these tools probably don't log onto FOFC much at this point.
Dawgfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 09:57 PM   #10
Ronmun29
n00b

Thank you Dawgfan

Yeah I have been watching since the holidays last year hoping the OOTP thing came through...and now just hoping something does, it really deserves a "9", and looks as if some of you have been waiting even longer.