Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-02-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

42 Attempts - Signup Thread

With my trip extending until the 9th the game will not begin until the 12th (or when the crrent games ends, if it extends past the 12th).

I figured I woud start he signups here and will be posting the initial rules within this hread. The finalized ruleset will be in the game thread when that begins (sometime the weeekend of the 10th). These rules are not final yet as they may need tweaked based upon the number of people who signup.

The theme of the game will be of the many attempts which were made on Hitler's life and every one of them failed for one reason or another. Roughly between the early to mid 1930's and the time that he ultimately took his life there were 42 plotted attempts to kill him (some simple plots by a single man, others more calculated and carried out by a group of many).

Amazingly he survived each and every one. In one instance the "assassin" lost his chance due to an onrushing crowd, another fell short due to a last minute schedule change and Hitler giving a short speach instead of the lenghty diatribes which he usually gave, leaving just minutes before the blast, another due to the malfunctioning of a bomb placed upon his plane, yet another due to him seemingly getting nervous and quickly leaving the area where a suicide bomber waited as the timer wound down on the bomb he was wearing (he was abe to shed the bomb before it exploded, I guess triggered fuses weren't possible?) and yet another famously known as the 20th of July plot (or Valkyrie, though Valkyrie was not the actual name of the plot but of an official German plan of action if something were to happen to the leaders). Only he was able to do what many had tried.

This game will not be strictly based upon any one plan but the group of assassin's will have various abilities which they can call upon.

Hitler will have his greatest asset, the numbers of those closely loyal to him, absolute control and a reign of fear.

In this game the "werewolves" will actually be the good guys, they will be the assassins. The village will represent the evil in this game.

I will reserve the next two posts. One will be for the rules which I will begin to post over the next couple of days and the second will be reserved for the signups.

I have toyed with two deadline games but this game will be one deadline in which both day and night actins are due and it will most likely be around 10 PM EST (but that may change if another time works out better for everyone but I can't do a midday deadline as I will not have the time available to process results in that time frame).

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Deadline

10 PM EST - Both day and night phases to be processed. Night orders may be conditional.

Sides

The 3rd Reich - Win condition of eliminating all conspirators. Major win condition of keeping Hitler alive and eliminating all conspirators. Additional win conditios may be possible for individual players.

The Conspirators - Win condition of achieving a 1:1 ratio with the 3rd Reich. Major win condition of eliminating Hitler and achieving the 1:1 ratio. Possible individual conditions exist.

Possible Roles

Nazi Roles

Hitler - The leader of the 3rd Reich. A control freak and historically a madman. Once a day he may submit orders for the day which will be passed along to the intended target(s). These orders may include defensive orders or offensive orders. All orders may have both positive and negative consequences (if someone that he orders to guard him is in the conspiracy there will be a greater chance of success in an attempt on his life in a night kill).

Hermann Göring - Appointed by Hitler as Reichsmarschall des Grossdeutschen Reiches (Reich Marshal of the Greater German Reich), a rank that made him the highest ranking member of the Army and Luftwaffe. His personality stood out above all others and he was a master manipulator when sober. Late in the war drugs and questionable traits began to arise. Göring will have the ability to speak to a target each night and gain information. His ability may deteriorate if he is unable to remain sober.

Heinrich Himmler - One of the most notirious Nazi leaders. Responsible for the deaths of millions. It is very frightening to think of the level of hatred which must have consumed this man. I debated including him but a little voice kept telling me to. Himmler will have an ability to change the lynch vote. The details of how he may change he vote will be known only by him.

Albert Speer - The "archictect of the Third Reich" became a Nazi at a young age and moved his way up the ranks. His status with Hitler rose to greater heights than almost any other official. Though his part in the events of the war remain a topic for debate. He claimed no knowledge of the events and was given a relatively light sentence after the war. Since that time more evidence has come out which potentially links him to Auschwitz. One supporting factor in his lighter sentence was that his name was on a list of conspirators and he claimed that we was in the conspiracy though there was no other evidence and the list even included a side note saying that he needed to be swayed. Speers will be able to use his own ability for survival if he remains heads up against a conspirator, he will kill that conspirator and claim a major victory for himself and victory for the Nazis.

Emil Maurice - Not one of the more notorious Nazis but an original member of the SS and many give him credit as the founder of the SS. A personal friend of Hitler with close ties to both him and his family. Was accused by Himmler of being Jewish, or at least part Jewish, in an attempt to remove him from the SS. Hitler refused to remove him. Maurice will be able to communicate with Hitler through one PM per day of no more than 30 words.

Conspiracy Roles

Johann Georg Elser - A carpenter who is very good with his hands and detests the iron fisted rule of the Nazis and what he fears them to be. He has a one time ability to craft an explosive device which may (or may not) cause havoc with the Nazi party. When he decides to plant the bomb it will not go off for two nights (if he sets it on day/night one it will not go off until day/night three). There is no stopping his attack once it has begun and will still detonate if he is killed prior to the event. The device is set when he gives the order. He acts alone and does not have any affiliation with the Nazi party and thus not with the other conspirators. He wins with the conspiracy though he does not have PM rights.

Claus Philipp Maria Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg - Famous for his role in the assassination attempt know primarily in Germany as the 20 July Plot, though more commonly known as Operation Valkyrie (though that was actually a German conditional plan in the event that the government could not function for any number of reasons. Stauffenberg will have the ability to make a one time attempt on Hitler during one of the meeting events though if it is not successful Hitler will gain an ability to order an investigation of the incident in which there is a good chance that he will be discovered and executed. The chance of success will be determined by the following factors: if he is invited to the meeting and the number of conspirators that are attending the meeting (the more conspirators he more help he will have in making it successful, Elser's attendance counts towards this goal)

Major General Herrmann Karl Robert Henning von Tresckow - A man behind the movement to remove (kill) Hitler from power. Not drafted the plan for Valkyrie but also had a plot in 1943 to kill both Hitler and Himmler. Himmler cancelled his planned visit and the assassination was called off (fearing a German civil war between the Army and SS if Himmler were still alive). He also orchestrated another attempt in which a bomb disguised as a wine bottle was transpoted on Hitler's plane but the fuse failed (many attribute the temperature at that altitude to the failure). Additionally he formulated a plan in which a suicide bomber volunteered to wear the bomb. Hitler's schedule changed and instead of being there for 30 minutes was there for just 2. The bomber remove the bomb with minutes to spareafter activating the fuse upon Hitler's arrival. Treskow made several attempts but only Valkyrie would be his undoing. He cannot be detected as a member of the conspiracy unless there is a failed attempt by Stauffenberg in which case he loses his "cunning" ability. Failed meaning Hitler not being killed.

Other

Erwin Johannes Eugen Rommel - A legendary German commander. Dedicated to protecting his homeland and serving his country. Began to question Hitler's leadership and joined the conspiracy. He actually was not in favour of the 20 July Plot but did play his part which was to begin taking control of the Western front once it was confirmed that Hitler was killed. Stauffenberg mistakenly declared success and the chain of events began to unfold. Rommel's attempt part was discovered though not publicized. Hitler "allowed" him to commit suicide instead of seeing Germany face the humiliation of a legend. Rommel will begin the game as a Nazi but will be converted upon night attack. His victory condition depends upon which side he is on at the end of the game.

Miscelleneous Rules/Events

Meeting Events - Every third day Hitler will host a meeting to discuss the course of the war, he will submit the list of attendees (the number will be determined by the number of remaining players). Meetings offer risk and reward. The greater the number of invitees, the greater the reward if successful but also the greater the chance for sabotage or worse.

Tie Lynch Vote - Hitler has no patience for indecisiveness. Ties will result in all parties which are tied for the lead to be executed.

Guarding - There is no typical bodyguard role. Hitler will have the ability to order the guarding of someone. He will not know who has the roles but may order a Nazi role to be guarded during the night phase. He may not order the same person guarded on consecutive nights. The person whom he choses to do the guarding will be told that they are guarding someone and the Nazi character whom they are guarding but not the identity of who tha is. They will also not know if they blocked an attack.

Items - No in game items used, with the exception of planted bombs for those with that ability but that is more of an ability than an item as it is not something that can be used by anyone else.

Nightfall - Nightfall must be unanimous and cannot occur on days with a meeting event.

Locations - Locations will be used for the purpose of quartering the troops. Hitler will determine who will be placed in what location (by user name and not role). A bomb attack may be against one of the locations. During the fist day Hitler will select the locations for everyone for day two/night two. Each day he will select the locations for the following day. He may not stay in the same location on consecutive nights and must visit each location at least one time every 5 days. There are no restrictions on the locations for any other player. The locations are: Berlin, Berchtesgaden and Wolfsschanze.

Vanilla Role PM - You are a dedicated member of the 3rd Reich. You will do whatever it takes to the best of your abilities to see that Hitler's vision for Germany comes true.

Last edited by EagleFan : 10-11-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Signups:
1. Lathum
2. The Jackal
3. Schmidty
4. Danny
5. GoldenEagle
6. Autumn
7. J23
8. hoopsguy
9. Darth Vilus
10. PurdueBrad
11. Abe Sargent
12. Chief Rum
13. JAG
14. ntndeacon
15. KWhit
16. Telle
17. bulletsponge
18. LoneStarGirl
19. DaddyTorgo

Last edited by EagleFan : 10-08-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #4
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

in
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:53 PM   #5
Schmidty
Coordinator

I don't want to be a Nazi, so I will decline.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm in
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #7
The Jackal
Coordinator

I call the bear jew
Old 10-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
Schmidty
Coordinator

Just kidding. I'm in, and hope I'm Himmler.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #9
Danny
Head Coach

I am in too
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #10
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I am in, but I hope there will be a small game between the two to bridge the gap? The current game might end on Monday.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #11
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm in, sounds great.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #12
Autumn
Head Coach

All those lucky evasions of attempts on his life reminds me of a book I read, Days Of Cain I think it's called. In it you discover that a group of "time cops" essentially were responsible for that, having to keep him alive in order to preserve the time stream, while other time travelers were constantly trying to kill him and change the past.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:43 PM   #13
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'm in.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #14
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll see if I can make this work but I'm likely not going to have any daytime access at all. So it is going to be a very different playing experience for me.

This is what WW will look like for the next six months (long-term work commitment); may as well find out now if I think I can play with those kind of constraints.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:41 PM   #15
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

In!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:43 PM   #16
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'll see if I can make this work but I'm likely not going to have any daytime access at all. So it is going to be a very different playing experience for me.

This is what WW will look like for the next six months (long-term work commitment); may as well find out now if I think I can play with those kind of constraints.

I mean, CR does it, might as well give it a shot.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:40 AM   #17
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I mean, CR does it, might as well give it a shot.

Yep, I completely recognize that it is possible to do. I've just gotten very accustomed to being in the thread during the day, being able to be part of the flow of games, etc ... it is going to be radically different and I'm expecting hard for me to adjust to after 50 or so games of playing in that fashion. Hopefully it will still be fun/rewarding for me and I'll want to participate in the games in more than a "reading along" capacity.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:32 AM   #18
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

in
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #20
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

since we're on the subject, has anyone seen "The Great Escape" with Steve McQueen and James Garner?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-03-2009, 07:42 PM   #21
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Since it just has to be said.... hoops is being awfully quiet, he must be a wolf....
Old 10-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #22
hoopsguy
General Manager

Awesome to have the moderator gunning for me a week before the start date ....
Old 10-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #23
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Awesome to have the moderator gunning for me a week before the start date ....

Old 10-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #24
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

that has to be a record

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #25
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm bored.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:23 AM   #26
Schmidty
Coordinator

Really bored.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:33 AM   #27
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

In an effort to increase the level of excitement for Schmidty, I shall submit my name for this one.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #28
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I'll join. My German is pretty rusty though.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:14 AM   #29
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

ok I will join as well.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:32 PM   #30
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm in.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:27 PM   #31
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Welsome to those recents signees, starting to get to be a nice size list and we're still a week out. This should allow me to add a couple interesting roles.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #32
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Slowly starting to trickle out the rules and roles. Will have them all up by Saturday. Will probably give the green light to start the game over the weekend though day one will end on Monday.

For those who would still like to sign up, the more the merrier. Just because the current numbers go up to 20, that doesn't mean that we wil stop there.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:16 PM   #33
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I'll join. My German is pretty rusty though.

Is that a Munich German or a Frankfurt German?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:15 AM   #34
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Added a little more information in the rules. Please feel free to opine about the rules as they develope. This may be a bit more involved than some of my other games so any feedback prior is appreciated (if you see somehing that stands out as a possible issue).
Old 10-05-2009, 01:31 AM   #35
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Sounds pretty cool :-) What country do the conspirators belong to? Just germany or are there others as well?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-05-2009, 07:45 AM   #36
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Sounds pretty cool :-) What country do the conspirators belong to? Just germany or are there others as well?

It's pretty much going to be an all-German case for this one. I thought about a way to bring in some of the allies who made attempts but thought that wouldn't flow well with the idea of Hitler arranging orders and meetings as it would be odd for Hitler to be asking known enemies to attend meetings or protect him.

When the idea originally began it was one of typical WW but as I researched a bit more I started to get some additional ideas to implement which I hope makes for a fun game (but some of that will be only if we get a larger group, we're getting close to the numbers that will get us there).
Old 10-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #37
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Added another role.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:24 PM   #38
Schmidty
Coordinator

Himmler role please!!!!!

The Seer perhaps????
Old 10-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #39
Telle
College Starter

I'll play.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #40
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Added another role, happy now Schmidy?
Old 10-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #41
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Added another role, happy now Schmidy?

YAY!!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #42
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

what's the difference between Elser and Stauffenberg in terms of their abilities?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-07-2009, 11:29 AM   #43
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I can't believe we need to wait 5 more days, this is going to kill the werewolf revival.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #44
Autumn
Head Coach

We could revive you, Lathum, and keep the Salem game going ;-)
Old 10-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #45
J23
College Benchwarmer

vote Lathum
Old 10-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #46
J23
College Benchwarmer

for the Salem game revival that is....

In hindsight, I guess I shouldn't have a bold vote in a game as a joke... sorry
Old 10-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #47
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I can't believe we need to wait 5 more days, this is going to kill the werewolf revival.

Any chance we could do a small game?
Old 10-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #48
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm still bored.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:05 PM   #49
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ah hell, im in. i hope im a wolf, cause i want to blow someone up
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #50
Autumn