Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-29-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
Autumn
Head Coach

SURVIVOR Sign-up Thread

Survivor: The Islands of FOFC

In this game players will simulate a game of Survivor, as seen on TV. In contrast with former FOFC Survivor games, this game is more similar to a text sim of Survivor, combined with a game of Werewolf. While players will scheme and plan with other players on the forum threads and in private messages, challenges will be simulated versions of the challenges from the TV show. The game will also include the survival aspect of staying on a desert island, simulating the need for food, shelter and fire for the contestants. As near as possible the game is designed to replicate the process of contesting for the Survivor crown as seen on one of America's most popular reality shows.

Below you will find the rules of the game. Please feel free to ask questions. Since I expect a great deal of conniving, scheming, strategy and backstabbing I hope that players will be sure to not take anything in the game personally.

I need in the range of 14-20 players to run this game. I will take signups now but if it doesn't look like we will get that many players I will postpone the game to another time.

Sign-ups
1. Danny
2. Greyroofoo
3. Maple Leafs
4. EagleFan
5. Racer
6. Hoopsguy
7. J23
8. Chesapeake
9. CrimsonFox
10. TheJackal
11. heybrad
12. Darth Vilus
13. Thomkal
14. SnDvls

CONTESTANTS

During this game you will control the actions of one contestant in a game of Survivor. Each player will be given their contestant's abilities at the start of the game. This dossier will rate them on different skills that will be needed during the game, whether having to do with creating shelter and finding food, or skills useful during challenges such as running or puzzle solving. These ratings will be used by the moderator to determine success at the actions the character takes during the day or at challenges.

At the beginning of the game all players will be given a brief introduction to the other contestants in the game.

Each contestant will also have a health rating. Health points will be affected by camp conditions, the activities the contestant takes during the day and their experience in challenges.

DAILY EFFORT

Each day players choose, privately, what to spend their efforts on during the day. Each player has three effort points to spend among the following (choosing the same action multiple times is allowed):

Work on the camp site: This will help create shelter for the tribe, keeping them safe from shelter and preventing loss of health at night or during storms.

Forage for food: Each contestant of course must eat every day. Food gathered is put into a common pool and used to feed the tribe.

Secretly talk to other contestants: Spending effort in this area allows the player to send private messages to other contestants, three messages for each point of effort. Outside of this players are only allowed one private message per day, and otherwise must not communicate about the game outside of the tribe thread.

Watch what another contestant is doing: If you wish to keep tabs on another contestant you may spend some effort to follow them, getting some information as to what actions they took during the same day.

Recuperate: This is the only way to restore health points that you have lost during the game.

Search for a hidden immunity idol: There is no indication that there exist any hidden idols, however there is a possibility that they will be a part of the game.

Miscellaneous action approved by the moderator: Feel free to contact the moderator about spending your effort points on something outside of this list.

Your daily action must be submitted by 10:30 p.m. EST. PM privileges will begin at that time and continue until 10:30 p.m. the next day.

CAMP LIFE

Each tribe's camp will be rated by the moderators on how successful it is. A camp that does not protect from the elements or provide enough food will have a detrimental effect on the tribe members' health. Your health rating in turn will have an impact on how you perform in challenges (as well as conceivably knocking you out of the game if it reaches zero). Camp conditions will be updated, based on everybody's daily actions, sometime between the 11 p.m. EST deadline and the introduction of the next challenge.

CHALLENGES

Each morning at roughly 9:30 a.m. EST the tribe is informed of the upcoming challenge. They have until 4:00 in the afternoon EST to strategize as a group and put together a plan for taking on the challenge. Each contestant is responsible for sending a message to the moderator by this deadline with their actions during the challenge. The consistency, completeness and appropriateness of those plans will affect how successful the tribe is.

A tribe member may also inform the moderator that they will be putting in extra effort on the challenge, which will increase their ability but put them at a higher risk of losing health. They can also choose to put in less effort, allowing them to preserve health but be less useful. Indeed, the member can opt to sabotage the challenge result for their tribe as well.

Challenges will have different portions and involve different skills. The moderator will determine the results of the challenge based on the ratings of the contestants involved, and opposed, at each section. For example if the first portion of the challenge involves swimming while pulling something heavy, their swimming and strength abilities will determine how effective each contestant or group of contestants are at that portion.

The results of the challenges will be narrated by the moderator at around 5 p.m. EST. The winning tribe will be given their reward, most likely immunity and possibly other rewards that could affect their personal health, the state of the camp or their food stores.

The losing tribe will have tribal council that night.

TRIBAL COUNCIL

If a tribe has lost an immunity challenge they have until 10:30 p.m. EST to each submit a vote to the moderator by private message for who should leave their tribe. Votes will be tallied and the results given at approximately 11 p.m. EST. The tribe member with the majority of votes will be removed from the game. If a player does not submit a vote (without some sort of prior communication with the moderator) their vote will be considered to be cast against themselves. The players are not aware of what will occur if a vote is tied.

IMMUNITY IDOLS

In the game of Survivor there are sometimes placed hidden immunity idols. These idols, if played during a tribal council after the vote has been made but before it has been read, will nullify any votes for the idol holder. The use of the idol during council will remove the idol from the game.

Idols may be passed from one player to another (without a use of effort points). While a contestant may look for an idol among a contestant's belongings, no player may take an idol from another contestant without permission.

EXILE ISLAND

Occasionally teams may be required to send a member to Exile Island, a separate island with harsher conditions. While there they will have to make do with only the food and shelter they procure, but they may have a chance to discover an immunity idol.

OTHER EVENTS

In addition to challenges and councils there will occasionally be surprise events that happen in camp. These will come up during the day at some point and have their own deadline. They will not be mandatory, and won't impact tribal council or challenges, but could prove beneficial or detrimental to the tribe depending on how well the tribe deals with them. In other words, managing to pull your tribe together to deal with them despite the surprise is not mandatory but will prove a useful skill.

THREAD MANAGEMENT

The tribe thread can be used for strategizing for challenges, discussing tribe council votes or anything else the players wish to discuss. The tribe threads will be public for that tribe only, not to the other tribe. Details about your PMs from the moderators or others may be discussed, though of course you are not required to do so, or to tell the truth.

Challenges will be narrated in the main game thread. Both tribes are welcome to read in this thread, but should not post here other than talk on the subject of the challenges, around the time of challenge deadline.

THE MERGE

At some point during the game the two tribes will merge, with all remaining contestants forming a single tribe. When the tribes merge the game will be condensed to one new thread. Challenges will become individual challenges with the reward sometimes including the personal immunity necklace. A player holding the personal immunity necklace cannot be voted for at the next tribal council.

VICTORY

After the two tribes merge a jury will be formed out of all subsequent players voted out of the game. These jury members are asked to continue to pay attention to the game, but not to post in the thread or communicate privately with other players. The jury will be responsible for voting for the eventual winner of the game.

At the point that there are only three contestants remaining in the game there will be held a final tribal council. At this council the jury will have a chance to question the three remaining players. They will then place a secret vote to determine the winner of Survivor: The Islands of FOFC.

Last edited by Autumn : 06-03-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
Danny
Head Coach

Haven't read rules yet and Laker game is starting, but I am sure that

I am in
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I'll give it a try.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I'm in. My goal is to make the jury and ask an incredibly annoying and self-congratulatory question.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:21 PM   #5
Autumn
Head Coach

That's the spirit!
Old 05-30-2010, 12:11 AM   #6
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I'll give it a shot. My goal it to make it to the end by being a jackass and alienating everyone so they won't vote for me. Then I wll whine like a little girl that the game is flawed...

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:46 PM   #7
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Autumn, I would have loved to play in your game but we're leaving for vacation soon. Good luck!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #8
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Autumn, I would have loved to play in your game but we're leaving for vacation soon. Good luck!

Enjoy the vacation
Old 05-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #9
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post

Bummer. Well, we'll see how signups go. If there's a lot of people on vacation it may have to wait anyway.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:04 PM   #10
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Sounds extremely cool, but the deadline would have to be about half an hour later for me to be able to play.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:49 PM   #11
Autumn
Head Coach

The night deadline? None of the times are really set in stone, I'm trying to work out what gives people the best amount of time to plan, and gives me time to run things. So I'm sure we could handle that if necessary.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:29 AM   #12
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll sign up. Not particularly well versed in the show, but I think I understand the basic concepts after watching promos for it for what seems like 10-15 years now.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:27 AM   #13
Autumn
Head Coach

Awesome hoops, I think you'd be good at it. I'll be glad to give a more detailed explanation of how it works for those who may not know the show well.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:30 AM   #14
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
The night deadline? None of the times are really set in stone, I'm trying to work out what gives people the best amount of time to plan, and gives me time to run things. So I'm sure we could handle that if necessary.

Yeah. I don't get off work until 9 pm EST twice a week (and get home about 9:20 or 9:30) so it would be tough for me to play if it's a 9:30 pm EST tribal council deadline. If that gets pushed back though, count me in.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #15
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I'd be fine with pushing that back. Also remember this is a secret ballot, you can vote anytime during the day, so the deadlines won't be as important in the sense of being around for it. but later is probably better for the tribal council anyway.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #16
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'll give it a shot. My schedule has been crazy, but I should be able to fit this in.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #17
Autumn
Head Coach

That's great J23. We're slowly gathering a list.

I updated the deadlines a bit. I'm thinking 4:00 in the afternoon EST for submitting your actions in the challenge. Challenge will be narrated at about 5:00. Then tribal council votes will be due by 10:30 p.m., as well as your actions for the next day.

Again, in this game there will be little incentive to be around at deadline, so as long as you think you can message me any time during the day about those three things (challenge, possible vote and daily effort actions) you're all set.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #18
chesapeake
College Starter

I think these deadlines will work for me. In!
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #19
Danny
Head Coach

ill text darth to come and sign up
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #20
Autumn
Head Coach

Thanks, I was just going to ask people to help me round up some of the usual suspects. Not many WW folk signed up here yet. But I think we're close enough that we should make a push. I'd really like at least 14.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #21
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I would Autumn, but I doubt I'm welcome.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:53 PM   #22
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I would Autumn, but I doubt I'm welcome.

Well, it does look like we still need a chick; maybe he'll let you join....

Old 06-01-2010, 09:59 PM   #23
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I'm in only if I don't have to pay taxes on my winnings and can run aorund the island nekked.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #24
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I'm in only if I don't have to pay taxes on my winnings and can run aorund the island nekked.

No taxes in the nation of FOFC! As for clothing, you'll have to deal with your tribe members.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #25
The Jackal
Coordinator

Not sure of availabilities but I'll help the numbers, sounds fun
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #26
Autumn
Head Coach

Awesome Jackal. Let's squeeze in a few more, guys.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #27
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #28
Autumn
Head Coach

Got some salt you want to rub into it?

Aren't you supposed to be changing a diaper?
Old 06-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #29
heybrad
Norm!!!

I'll give it a try if you'll take me.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #30
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Got some salt you want to rub into it?

Aren't you supposed to be changing a diaper?

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #31
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
I'll give it a try if you'll take me.

Certainly. Glad to have you.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:37 PM   #32
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

ill play, availability depends on my work schedule which has been pretty hectic lately

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:11 PM   #33
Autumn
Head Coach

That's great, Darth.

We're getting close. I'd like to get at least two more. I've put out some PMs and we'll see who we can get by tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:11 AM   #34
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I wish I could participate, but I need to spending more time at work working right now. Plus, it's just a very busy time. Too bad, too, because this looks like a fun one. Have fun, guys.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:43 AM   #35
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

screw it CR, just play you know you 're going to anyway. Everyone's busy. Who cares. Play! Play! Play! Play! Play!
Old 06-03-2010, 05:40 AM   #36
Thomkal
Head Coach

Oh alright Autumn, stop pestering me already! I'll play.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #37
Autumn
Head Coach

So close, so very close. Let's get a few more signups before Lathum shows up with his heart monitor again.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #38
Autumn
Head Coach

If I can get at least one more person to join today I will work on putting out the information tonight. Contestant introductions and beginning of day 1 would happen tomorrow, with a challenge introduced that would happen on Monday afternoon. So basically day one would stretch from Friday to Monday. Work for people? Help me chase down the last few Survivors.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #39
SnDvls
Pro Starter

since this doesn't require a "deadline" presence I'll jump in for your last member
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:08 PM   #40
Autumn
Head Coach

Hooray, thanks SnDvls.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #41
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm glad to take on more, if anyone else still shows up that wants to play. Odd numbers are okay too.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:10 PM   #42
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Aw Autumn, don't you watch Survivor? There are no Daily actions of "Lie around" or "Go Swimmin'!" or "Make Rock art". What is this?
Old 06-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #43
Autumn
Head Coach

This is the Survivor: Paris Hilton edition
Old 06-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #44
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm going to go ahead and get things ready to send out later tonight. I'm still open to signups if anyone shows up, but you should expect to get a PM later tonight. I will put up the intro and the tribe threads in the morning and start things off.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #45
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wish I could play! Wish I could! Have fun, guys. I'll be watching.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:52 PM   #46
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, PMs are going out now. Please wait until you see the main thread and two tribe threads go up before starting any game talk. And of course feel free to message me with questions.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:52 PM   #47
Autumn
Head Coach

If anyone wants to jump in the game, now is the time.