Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #401
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

That is your traditional overreaction from CF. He will unvote me before long and vote for someone else.

VOTE CHUBBY

Hopefully the earlier I get this vote out there the sooner we will see some movement.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #402
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I am an easy target. This is a win win for the wolves.

A. I am acknowledged to be a strong player.
B. I am quiet this game so far (for whatever reason)
C. Quiet players tend to be voted out to rule them out.

Given these facts, if I am a wolf, I encourage the run on citizen Chief. My vote doesn't look odd, given that Chief is being "suspiciously" quiet. If it doesn't work, I have at least introduced doubt on Chief and maybe don't need to use a night kill to kill him. If it does work, I have killed off a strong player.

Keep in mind this is exactly my thinking on why a wolf Chief votes Danny yesterday.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #403
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

unvote ge
vote bhlloy
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #404
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I am an easy target. This is a win win for the wolves.

A. I am acknowledged to be a strong player.
B. I am quiet this game so far (for whatever reason)
C. Quiet players tend to be voted out to rule them out.

Given these facts, if I am a wolf, I encourage the run on citizen Chief. My vote doesn't look odd, given that Chief is being "suspiciously" quiet. If it doesn't work, I have at least introduced doubt on Chief and maybe don't need to use a night kill to kill him. If it does work, I have killed off a strong player.

No offense, but I think your reputation as a strong player is overdone. And I'm not saying that I don't think you're a strong player, but because you're the only one who actually uses that as a reason to not be lynched. If you're a strong player, you're a strong wolf, so let's not use this as an argument to not lynch you, kay?

VOTE CHIEF RUM
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #405
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
unvote ge
vote bhlloy

Heh.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #406
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

bhlloy - Danny (341) Narcizo (353) CF (403)
Chief - Autumn (364) Julio (377) Pass (404)
Chubby - LoneStarGirl (370) bhlloy (390) GE (401)
CrimsonFox - God (375)
Old 05-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #407
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Heh.

I do think that was a horrible reason to suspect me though. A very wolfy thing to say.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #408
Autumn
Head Coach

I thought it would be interesting to look at who

A) Jumped on bhlloy who very early after dawn looked likely to be a contender.
B) Who jumped on Chief who CF and I made a second contender
C) Who jumped on Chubby who I offered up as silent and a pretty safe vote.

Narc is the only one to follow Danny on A. Julio, Bhlloy, LoneStarGirl and GoldenEagle did B and C, and frankly that's a list I like a lot today was wolf candidates. LSG has been following the crowd and posting the sort of neutral, uncontroversial posts that I used to do when I was a wolf. GoldenEagle is doing the opposite, casting everyone in a bad light, but leaving himself waffle room. Bhlloy hasn't gathered the sort of votes I expected, and Julio either. I think that's a great quartet to look at closely. Since two of them have voting history already from yesterday I will be voting the other two. I still think it's possible LSG just is a bit rusty and is trying to play it safe, so I'll go with GE.

UNVOTE CHIEF RUM
VOTE GOLDEN EAGLE
Old 05-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #409
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

hey traction!

unvote bhlloy
vote goldeneagle
Old 05-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #410
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

bhlloy - Danny (341) Narcizo (353)
Chief - Julio (377) Pass (404)
CrimsonFox - God (375)
GoldenEagle - Autumn (408) CrimsonFox (409)
Old 05-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #411
The Jackal
Coordinator

I don't like the vote on Danny.

VOTE GE
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #412
The Jackal
Coordinator

I thought I was putting on a second vote, but this doesn't change my mind for now.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #413
Autumn
Head Coach

ha ha, the classic run.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #414
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I thought it would be interesting to look at who

A) Jumped on bhlloy who very early after dawn looked likely to be a contender.
B) Who jumped on Chief who CF and I made a second contender
C) Who jumped on Chubby who I offered up as silent and a pretty safe vote.

Narc is the only one to follow Danny on A. Julio, Bhlloy, LoneStarGirl and GoldenEagle did B and C, and frankly that's a list I like a lot today was wolf candidates. LSG has been following the crowd and posting the sort of neutral, uncontroversial posts that I used to do when I was a wolf. GoldenEagle is doing the opposite, casting everyone in a bad light, but leaving himself waffle room. Bhlloy hasn't gathered the sort of votes I expected, and Julio either. I think that's a great quartet to look at closely. Since two of them have voting history already from yesterday I will be voting the other two. I still think it's possible LSG just is a bit rusty and is trying to play it safe, so I'll go with GE.

UNVOTE CHIEF RUM
VOTE GOLDEN EAGLE

That is a bit of reach. How exactly did I jump on Chief? In fact, I clearly stated that we needed to go another direction (post 389).

I also stated the only reason that I voted for Chubby is to see what kind of vote movement we would get. I don't think he is the best choice for today but I was trying to prevent a bit of a runaway on bhlloy.

I am not sure why bhlloy has not gained traction. He has been the vote leader for most of the day.

So really the only criteria I meet on your list is C and that is wishy-washy at best.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #415
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
No offense, but I think your reputation as a strong player is overdone. And I'm not saying that I don't think you're a strong player, but because you're the only one who actually uses that as a reason to not be lynched. If you're a strong player, you're a strong wolf, so let's not use this as an argument to not lynch you, kay?

VOTE CHIEF RUM

Well, hey, if I can use my rep as a strong player to avoid being lynched, of course I will.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #416
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 05-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #417
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

What's the case on bhlloy? Is it:

A. He was a Day One candidate
B. Rinse and repeat?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #418
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

B. Rinse and repeat?

I think he was always a teenage werewolf
Old 05-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #419
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*also
Old 05-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #420
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

B. Rinse and repeat?

I think JAG mentioned in something in post 207. He tried to suggest Julio was the convert and the bhlloy had a suspicious action shortly afterwards.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #421
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I don't know about bhll either way but he acted like this in Portal too. More aggressive than usual. I like it actually
Old 05-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #422
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, hey, if I can use my rep as a strong player to avoid being lynched, of course I will.

I hear ya. It'll get a vote from me every time, but hey, more power to ya!
Old 05-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #423
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

bhlloy - Danny (341) Narcizo (353)
Chief - Julio (377) Pass (404)
CrimsonFox - God (375)
GoldenEagle - Autumn (408) CrimsonFox (409) Jackal (411)
Old 05-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #424
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
That is a bit of reach. How exactly did I jump on Chief? In fact, I clearly stated that we needed to go another direction (post 389).

I also stated the only reason that I voted for Chubby is to see what kind of vote movement we would get. I don't think he is the best choice for today but I was trying to prevent a bit of a runaway on bhlloy.

I am not sure why bhlloy has not gained traction. He has been the vote leader for most of the day.

So really the only criteria I meet on your list is C and that is wishy-washy at best.

Yes, I was not suggested you met all those criteria. You meet only C, you voted for Chubby. I am guessing that a wolf is going to try to jump on one of these easy votes (unless that vote is for a fellow wolf). So I composed my suspect list from people who did it. You happen to be on it and seemed my strongest bet out of those four.

I'm not sure if Bhlloy didn't get more votes because people were prematurely worried about a runaway or what.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #425
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Getting some shuteye. Try not to lynch me if you can stand it. I will be back.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #426
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
LoneStarGirl and GoldenEagle did B and C

See the quoted part. Now you are claiming that I only did C, but clearly you state here that I did both B and C. It seems you are building a false case against me and that your logic is very flawed, leading you to just making stuff up at this point.

The question is why? Are you a wolf who is trying to save one of the other players? At the time, bhlloy, Chief, and Chubby were all lynch candidates. So you invented a candidate to come out of left field on faulty logic.

That does not compute to me.

So the question is why me? You saw that CF was on and hinting at voting for me. You also know that he is an easily influenced player. So you said, why not, let's see if I can get a run going on GE to distract the village from one of the other candidates.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #427
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Heh. I asked two questions in the same post.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #428
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Old 05-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #429
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
My thoughts as I am rushing out the door to work.

Oh and if I misspell your name take it as a compliment that I dont care enough to look at previous posts and see its correct spelling.

I think we can all agree that Britrock88's comment about the 10:01 vote raises some concerns and appears to be him covering his ass. Maybe he's a wolf who knew DV would be a good guy?

I also wouldn't put a lot of stock in Jag's voting pattern, although I appreciate NarciZo's detailed analysis of all of our votes. Since he was on team Badass instead of a WW he didn't know the rest of the good guys and his vote was probably as random as any villager.

And it might raise some suspicion that Chief wasn't present today, but I don't think its enough to lynch him when there was enough dialog to analyze on day one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Dislike this comment a lot. And not just because it would have resulted in me biting it. Smacks of covering oneself should DV turn out to have a role.

It was really just a case of being out and using a smartphone as best as I could at deadline. The Day 1 conversation revolved around us being less than completely willing to lynch inactives, which DV was. I had voted him earlier, and I didn't see much of a better option (in terms of a more active player to vote for) until right at the deadline, when the momentum swung toward Narc. Though I'm pretty new and not sure I buy into the idea wholesale of saving inactives until they can defend themselves, I was willing to do it for the good of the group.

Now, to re-read what's been happening today and figure out the difference between bhlloy, Chief Rum, Chubby, and GoldenEagle...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #430
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

The more Chief says, the more scared I am that he could be an excellent wolf.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #431
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
See the quoted part. Now you are claiming that I only did C, but clearly you state here that I did both B and C. It seems you are building a false case against me and that your logic is very flawed, leading you to just making stuff up at this point.

While I could ahve been more precise with my language, I think it's understandable what I meant. And it's interesting that you did not quote the entire sentence, which I think, along with a look at the voting record, makes very obvious what I meant.

There were four people who followed onto either Chubby or Chief. You were one of those four. That is what I said in my original post and what I meant.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #432
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
While I could ahve been more precise with my language, I think it's understandable what I meant. And it's interesting that you did not quote the entire sentence, which I think, along with a look at the voting record, makes very obvious what I meant.

There were four people who followed onto either Chubby or Chief. You were one of those four. That is what I said in my original post and what I meant.

But you clearly tried to influence a run on me by stating that I did both B and C, while in fact I only did C. And the logic behind me voting for Chubby was to prevent a runaway vote on BH.

If I were wolf, wouldn't the simple thing be to just pile a vote on top of BH? Instead, I didn't want a runaway because we would have to throw away today's voting history. That sounds like a plan to benefit the village and not the wolves.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #433
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
The more Chief says, the more scared I am that he could be an excellent wolf.

Actually, I think my rep is more about blowing up wolves as a villager. But thanks anyway!

In any case, you have nothing to worry about--I am just a citizen.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #434
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
But you clearly tried to influence a run on me by stating that I did both B and C, while in fact I only did C. And the logic behind me voting for Chubby was to prevent a runaway vote on BH.

If I were wolf, wouldn't the simple thing be to just pile a vote on top of BH? Instead, I didn't want a runaway because we would have to throw away today's voting history. That sounds like a plan to benefit the village and not the wolves.

This is what I said. "Narc is the only one to follow Danny on A. Julio, Bhlloy, LoneStarGirl and GoldenEagle did B and C, and frankly that's a list I like a lot today was wolf candidates."

I should have said B or C, not B and C, to be absolutely clear. I was lumping those two categories together to make a list of four subjects.

But you making this out to be some sort of distortion to get you lynched is rather ridiculous. I said the same thing about all four people. I am not trying "to influence a run on you", if so I would be influencing a run on all four of those people.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #435
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I was typing a sentence and forgot a word and went back to fix it. Seeing it was 5:27 in the morning and I hadn't slept yet, that is the reason. MAke fun of me sure, but wolfy move? Please. No way anyone would say "And my the way I'm a wolf. Oops! I'm going to edit that so you don't see it."

unvote chief
vote GE

There was a game when I first started playing when someone did say: "I am a wolf" instead of "I am not a wolf" and they ended being lynched. It turns out they were a wolf.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #436
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
This is what I said. "Narc is the only one to follow Danny on A. Julio, Bhlloy, LoneStarGirl and GoldenEagle did B and C, and frankly that's a list I like a lot today was wolf candidates."

I should have said B or C, not B and C, to be absolutely clear. I was lumping those two categories together to make a list of four subjects.

But you making this out to be some sort of distortion to get you lynched is rather ridiculous. I said the same thing about all four people. I am not trying "to influence a run on you", if so I would be influencing a run on all four of those people.

That is exactly what you tried to do.

I am guessing that you picked me as the safe candidate. Again, I already mentioned that CF was buzzing around just waiting to be influenced to swing his vote one way or the other. Being a crafty player, you knew this. You put the AND in that sentence to sway those who don't read as closely as others.

I had my doubts that you were a wolf, but it looks more and more like that. The question is which of the three were you protecting and why?
Old 05-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #437
Zinto
College Starter

Jeez, I think this is the most active I have seen a game before two in a long time.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #438
Zinto
College Starter

GE, you are being very defensive. I doubt a wolf Autumn purposely misleads people into voting for you this early and now that there are people on you I can not see him arguing so much for what he is saying if it could come back and bite his butt so early in the game.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #439
bhlloy
Coordinator

I think it's interesting that everyone seemed to agree with JAG that Julio was a possible convert and yet he has no votes on him today. Even if you think I'm a wolf wouldn't that be a better place to put your votes than an unknown?

I'll definitely be interested to go back and look at that this evening when I get home
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #440
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
That is exactly what you tried to do.

I am guessing that you picked me as the safe candidate. Again, I already mentioned that CF was buzzing around just waiting to be influenced to swing his vote one way or the other. Being a crafty player, you knew this. You put the AND in that sentence to sway those who don't read as closely as others.

I had my doubts that you were a wolf, but it looks more and more like that. The question is which of the three were you protecting and why?

Wow, I was just voting on probabilities, but looks like I've got a live one! You're awfully upset about one vote.

Why are you telling me "exactly what [i] tried to do"? Can you not see that I listed four people who voted for either Chubby or Chief? I mean it's right at the top of the page if you need to read it again. And clearly you do.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #441
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I think it's interesting that everyone seemed to agree with JAG that Julio was a possible convert and yet he has no votes on him today. Even if you think I'm a wolf wouldn't that be a better place to put your votes than an unknown?

I'll definitely be interested to go back and look at that this evening when I get home

I'm not sure that people necessarily agreed with him. I think people were just suggesting that if the wolves believed him, they may have been trying to save Julio, or that if the wolves thought others believed him, they may have been trying to frame him. Neither really speaks to whether JAG was right.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #442
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

That said, I think Julio is of interest today. I'd like to go back and read yesterday to see how votes moved from both him and you
Old 05-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #443
Autumn
Head Coach

That reminds me, I have some vote history but don't have the near-deadline stuff. I'll post what I have at the moment though in case it's useful.

Day 1

narc votes pass
jag votes bhlloy
jag unvotes bhlloy
jag votes narc
danny votes bhlloy
jackal votes darth
britrock votes crimson
crimsonfox votes narc
bhlloy votes julio
julio votes jackal
chief votes danny
darth votes jackal
narc unvotes pass
narc votes bhlloy
lsg votes jackal
lsg unvotes jackal
chubby votes DV
lsg votes narc
jag unvotes narc
jag votes julio
pass votes danny
autumn votes julio
zinto votes bhlloy
julio unvotes jackal
julio votes bhlloy
danny unvotes bhlloy
danny votes julio
julio unvotes bhlloy
julio votes danny
jag unvotes julio
zinto unvotes bhlloy
zinto votes narc
bhlloy unvotes julio
bhlloy votes crimson
JAG votes bhlloy
cf unvotes narc
cf votes bhlloy
brit unvotes crimson
brit votes darth
bhlloy unvotes cf
bhlloy votes darth
cf unvotes bhlloy
cf votes narc
GE votes danny
Old 05-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #444
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I won't be around much after this.. I've been deliberating and considering what Chief said, and it does make enough sense to me.. I don't have the experience to back it up, but no one else seems to be too worried really about the possibility. This interesting back and forth between GE and Autumn is interesting, and Chubby is still conspicuously absent.

I think maybe as a group we should lynch someone who A: isn't helping us and B: cannot be confirmed to be a villager. I can understand carrying the weight, but what if the whole time we're just carrying someone who is silently killing us? I think he is sitting back waiting to see what comes of the votes for GE before he decides where to lay his hat.

If his staying under the radar is any indication of his willingness to wait for the votes to pile up before he makes a move, then I am going to press that button and try to get him to come out.

I just hope I get back tonight before the deadline hits -

UNVOTE CHIEF

VOTE CHUBBY

Would like to ask the rest of the villagers to help Chubby out if he acquits himself well this afternoon. Don't want to lynch a good guy if we don't have to. I trust your judgement.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #445
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I won't be around much after this.. I've been deliberating and considering what Chief said, and it does make enough sense to me.. I don't have the experience to back it up, but no one else seems to be too worried really about the possibility. This interesting back and forth between GE and Autumn is interesting, and Chubby is still conspicuously absent.

Chief is definitely a good wolf, but if we lynched people just because they are good wolves we would end up lynching all the better players. I do not think that lynching someone because they are a good wolf is a good reason to do so.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #446
bhlloy
Coordinator

I have to say that spiel makes me feel a little less confident about Julio. There's a whole lot of conditional and CYA in there as far as I can see.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #447
bhlloy
Coordinator

Or it could just be a villager talking it out. That would be more in keeping of what I thought I saw from him yesterday
Old 05-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #448
Zinto
College Starter

I think I would like to keep bhlloy in this race since it is turning into a two pony show quick. He was pretty aggressive yesterday and I am not sure that is his usual villager play.

Vote bhlloy
Old 05-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #449
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Narc's comment here is well after. Which makes me wonder how we would have been better off voting off Narc instead of DV. DV was a citizen--about as worthless as you can get in the game.

That seems like an odd thing to say to me.

Gah come on Chief. I meant at the time, before it became clear that DV was just a vanilla. This kind of feels like you defending Bhlloy.

I tend to agree that Chief is a better wolf than villager. Hoops didn't draft him first as a wolf for no reason. Not overly feeling that he's a wolf here.qqqqq
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #450
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Post 345 Autumn
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote